481 - Speed 1: Romeo and Juliet Mafia - Game Over!

logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:04 pm

Post by logicticus »

actually forget that

you dont understand my basic ideas

such as there is more than one way to gather information

why dont you tell me when ive been illogical
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:07 pm

Post by Kinetic »

I can gather information by talking to a donkey in the middle of the Arizona Desert. I can get a lot of great information too. However just because its a way of gathering information doesn't mean its correct, will gain anything useful, or generally helpful to the TOWN.

You are illogical because your argue
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:09 pm

Post by Kinetic »

bleh... pushed submit mid sentence...

You are illogical because your arguments that, while they seem to make sense in actually do not. They look like they could be right, but in fact are poorly written and poorly explained.
AutumnEvenings
AutumnEvenings
Goon
AutumnEvenings
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:16 pm

Post by AutumnEvenings »

Ahem.

Apparently Schismatized told the
real
other godly mod that he would not have internet access on Tuesday but would be back by Wednesday. Because of his foresight and consideration, we're granting him
one
extra 24-hour grace period. As such, he is still in his first grace period until 5:06 am (GMT-7, plus daylight savings--y'all can work it out yourselves by adding 48 hours to his last post.) If he hasn't posted by that time, he will
not
be modkilled, and will enter into his second, and final, grace period.

Because we're nice and fair, any other player who informs us of expected inactivity
in advance
will be granted the same extra 24-hours, and an announcement will be made to that effect on thread. This is a one-time offer though.

Thanks and go back to lynching. :)
[color=blue][i]"They all crossed into forbidden territory. They all tampered with the laws that lay down who should be loved and how. And how much." --Arundhati Roy[/i][/color]
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:49 pm

Post by logicticus »

Kinetic wrote:I can gather information by talking to a donkey in the middle of the Arizona Desert. I can get a lot of great information too. However just because its a way of gathering information doesn't mean its correct, will gain anything useful, or generally helpful to the TOWN.
Well, I find it very audacious of you to:

1) claim that there is only one way to gather information
2) that you have any idea how i gather information

I have never said how I gather, I just said I do things other than answer questions.

You are making a whole lot of assumptions and guesses about how I play and in doing that you have been overfocusing on me.
poppinpuffin
poppinpuffin
Goon
poppinpuffin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:53 pm

Post by poppinpuffin »

we all have to focus on each other if we wish to actually form opinions.
and we talk with each other and argue, the more apparent it will become who is scum, and who is just a (rightfully-so) suspicious townie.
Show
jhawk01B: you go to lynch becca
somestrangeflea: This better be good!
somestrangeflea: NO!
Mertrodome: haha
poppinpuffin: hahahahh!!!
jhawk01B: and she escapes
jhawk01B: NIGHT
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:12 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

The more I see of Kinetic, the happier I am with my vote.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:59 pm

Post by Kinetic »

logicticus wrote:
Kinetic wrote:I can gather information by talking to a donkey in the middle of the Arizona Desert. I can get a lot of great information too. However just because its a way of gathering information doesn't mean its correct, will gain anything useful, or generally helpful to the TOWN.

Ummm, when did I say that? No, I believe what I did was patronize you because your way is wrong, not that there arn't more than one correct way. Just because there is more than one way doesn't mean all ways are good. That was what I was trying to say. I guess I should have spelled that out for you.
logicticus wrote:2) that you have any idea how i gather information
And I have never said I knew 'how' you gather information, only that what you have been doing so far is distracting and anti-town.
logicticus wrote:I have never said how I gather, I just said I do things other than answer questions.

You are making a whole lot of assumptions and guesses about how I play and in doing that you have been overfocusing on me.
Exactly, you are evasive, never answer direct questions when asked, create posts that are useless and often against the towns interests, and overall are not helping the town in anyway. Sounds like I understand you perfectly...

Maybe I am focusing on you too much, but so far you're the only person that sticks out. I am also noting all the people who are quite happy not saying anything and hiding in the background and bandwagoning.

BA/DP are acting anti-town, but I don't exactly think they're scum yet. You on the other hand I'm pretty sure is scum. If not, at very least you are acting against the benefit of the town, and that is more than enough reason to lynch you, or at least to vote for you.

I've justified why I am voting you with clear logical reasons, which is more than most of the people voting for me.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:17 pm

Post by Mert »

Dragon Phoenix wrote:The more I see of Kinetic, the happier I am with my vote.
Agreed absolutely. I'll post more this evening when I get home from work, but I'm fine with where my vote is right now.
[i]"Awesome Proton Pack, Flay!"[/i] - [size=75][b]Petroleumjelly[/b][/size]
[i]"It would be suicide for scum to go after Mert"[/i] - [size=75][b]Dral[/b][/size]
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:19 pm

Post by xyzzy »

logicticus wrote:

2) that you have any idea how i gather information

I have never said how I gather, I just said I do things other than answer questions.

While this isn't directed at me, I'd like to point out that:

1) not that there's only one way, or even a finite amount of ways, just that your way sucks.
2) he never did any such thing - at best, he said that you're being erratic and unhelpful.

If either of you have gained any information from this baseless argument (okay, argument based on WIFOM, but, you know...), PLEASE SAY SO NOW! Right now you're both just flining monkey crap at each other, which isn't productive to our DEADLINED TOWN.

While I partially agree with Becca (poppinpuffin to the non-clique members), only conversation based on WIFOM produces real results. The best argument that comes from WIFOM is "LOLz, ur scumz, u use wifmo!!!!1!", which itself is WIFOM (it assumes the town will carefully avoid using WIFOM.)

Reading further on down, I see that my argument is basically the same as Kinetic's... hmm. However, I must point out that what he's saying is a bit useful... if you're scum, I'll take his actions as bussing.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:26 pm

Post by logicticus »

xyzzy wrote:If either of you have gained any information from this baseless argument (okay, argument based on WIFOM, but, you know...), PLEASE SAY SO NOW! Right now you're both just flining monkey crap at each other, which isn't productive to our DEADLINED TOWN.

Well, I think most of what you have to say is wrong as well.

But as far as my argument with kinetic goes, i dont really think he is scum, just someone who thinks more than they really do.

I will disprove everything he has said tomorrow.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:38 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Stewie has not posted yet? Does he know the game is running?
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:33 pm

Post by Kinetic »

logicticus wrote:
xyzzy wrote:If either of you have gained any information from this baseless argument (okay, argument based on WIFOM, but, you know...), PLEASE SAY SO NOW! Right now you're both just flining monkey crap at each other, which isn't productive to our DEADLINED TOWN.

Well, I think most of what you have to say is wrong as well.

But as far as my argument with kinetic goes, i dont really think he is scum, just someone who thinks more than they really do.

I will
make something up for
everything he has said tomorrow
because I am scum
Fixed.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:46 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Dear Mert and DP, please explain your votes. I realize that is extremely annoying to you guys to actually take responsibility for your actions, however I'm not going to sit down and let you keep your cards in your hand so when the lynch happens you can fall back on
lies
your convenient stories about how you were just going with the flow.

I'm not the one who is going to look like scum after you lynch me, you are, and you're going to have to explain your actions either now or later. I would hope you can explain them now so I can at least defend against your accusations while I am still around. If you do not at least do this much I will be forced to believe you actually are scum. I don't think you are right now, but I am starting to get concerned by your flippant attitudes.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:48 pm

Post by somestrangeflea »

Vote: Kinetic
for obvious reasons...

We need more wagon.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:49 pm

Post by Kinetic »

xyzzy wrote:Reading further on down, I see that my argument is basically the same as Kinetic's... hmm. However, I must point out that what he's saying is a bit useful... if you're scum, I'll take his actions as bussing.
This confuses me a little bit. It sounds like you're saying you agree with me. Then it sounds like you're saying that the very argument is scummy...

Are you saying you yourself are scummy?

I'm lost. If you could clarify I would be very appreciative.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:51 pm

Post by Kinetic »

somestrangeflea

Wow....

Ok, I would really like to know these "obvious reasons"!

This is insane. BA says that I look scummy for saying good luck and everyone jumps on the bandwagon with absolutely no conversation? This is so completely anti-town play, and there are more players doing so than there are scum, so I have no idea what is going on...

I cannot imagine this type of play being pro-town...
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:04 pm

Kinetic wrote:
This is so completely anti-town play
, and there are more players doing so than there are scum, so I have no idea what is going on...
It might be, it might not be. You're meant to try and convince us that it is, and you aren't doing well.

That being said, I think I'm the only other person who's also finding logict scummy as well.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:12 pm

Post by Kinetic »

I'd prefer to know your "obvious" reasons for voting me before I put my self out there anymore. I think I've been more than fair, I've explained myself to the best of my ability and have been actively trying to find scum. I have been trying to use logic and reason to do so, but when I'm being counter attacked by random scum-diggory all because a scary looming deadline, well I really don't think I can defend myself.

I'll agree, we need to lynch someone, and I agree we don't have a lot of time, but if the best reason you have (and consequently the only one I've heard) is because I said good luck... How can I defend that? I've already explained my actions, but how is that not enough?

And on top of that I'm being compounded and expected to dig myself out, but I honestly have NO IDEA what I'm being attacked with... Its completely absurd, and I'm beginning to think if I'm going to be fighting this uphill battle all game, then lynch me now and be done with it. But as long as I'm in the game I'm going to demand to know why. If you cannot defend your actions, then you should evaluate your self and see if your actions are even worth defending.
Brutal Assassin
Brutal Assassin
Goon
Brutal Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:46 pm

Post by Brutal Assassin »

Your responses have been the most convincing thing for me, Kinetic. The whole good luck thing is just a theory which, while I do believe it is possible, I just wanted to get responses out of you and put the pressure on. You've followed the string of general scum reactions when pressed by something questionable on Day 1. Ending with:

"Its completely absurd, and I'm beginning to think if I'm going to be fighting this uphill battle all game, then lynch me now and be done with it."

Generally, scum will say that when they are realising that this isn't working. It is a plea to the emotions. But in general, the angry posts, the OMGUSing, and the "How the hell can I defend myself?" argument are all part of that general trail from what I've observed.

I think that as far as Day 1 is concerned, you're certainly the best choice at the moment. I've yet to be proven otherwise. Not liking some of Logictus's arguments so far, but I'm still getting a town vibe from him.

And Dragon, Poppin, Jimmy, and Kravhen are lurking pretty hard and I'd like to see more discussion from them.

I just really hope this game doesn't get broken due to these inactives.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:46 pm

"We need more wagon" was the reasoning. In a deadlined game like this, bandwagon is the fastest way to get information, and it's pretty good.

I think you reacted pretty well to being at L-2

Unvote
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:47 pm

Simulpost!
Jimmy R
Jimmy R
Goon
Jimmy R
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:24 am

Post by Jimmy R »

Brutal Assassin wrote: And Dragon, Poppin, Jimmy, and Kravhen are lurking pretty hard and I'd like to see more discussion from them.

I just really hope this game doesn't get broken due to these inactives.
I just haven't seen anything to comment on recently, since agreeing we needed a wagon. I've been spending a lot of time posting in my other games as well, haven't really been lurking the thread.

Anyway, I disagree that Kinetic has reacted well. The quote BA pointed out in #94 is something I've also seen a lot of scum do when they've been rumbled and can't wriggle their way out of it.

Not that I'm saying Kinetic is scum just yet but that has piqued my interest in him somewhat.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:44 am

Post by Kinetic »

Brutal Assassin wrote:Your responses have been the most convincing thing for me, Kinetic. The whole good luck thing is just a theory which, while I do believe it is possible, I just wanted to get responses out of you and put the pressure on. You've followed the string of general scum reactions when pressed by something questionable on Day 1. Ending with:

"Its completely absurd, and I'm beginning to think if I'm going to be fighting this uphill battle all game, then lynch me now and be done with it."

Generally, scum will say that when they are realising that this isn't working. It is a plea to the emotions. But in general, the angry posts, the OMGUSing, and the "How the hell can I defend myself?" argument are all part of that general trail from what I've observed.
Wel I have absolutely no idea what reaction you were expecting town to make, but let me explain exactly what I was thinking:

First, ok we're in the random vote phase yay yay....

HA, logic actually thinks BA isn't joking, wow he's dumb...

Wait.... BA isn't joking...?? Really? Thats odd, well its not the big a deal, I'll explain myself...

Wait,... he doesn't believe me.... what's going on... *shurg*, I'm sure no one else is going to believe such an argument...

Wait... wtf, other people are voting me as well..

WTF someone is actually saying that if they don't bandwagon me they're scum!

This is all completely insane......
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:46 am

Post by logicticus »

Kinetic wrote:
logicticus wrote:

Ummm, when did I say that?
Granted, you never straight out said it, but in post 41 you quoted some posts of mine and asked where the question mark is. This seems to be implying if its not a question, its not a way to gather information, hence only one way to do it.

Kinetic wrote:
logicticus wrote:2) that you have any idea how i gather information
And I have never said I knew 'how' you gather information, only that what you have been doing so far is distracting and anti-town.
Kinetic wrote: No, I believe what I did was patronize you because your way is wrong,
Sheesh, you admit you dont know how I am gathering information, but you are just certain that I am wrong. And you did this in the same post. How can you possibly be certain that what I am doing is wrong if you have no idea what I am doing?

Kinetic wrote:
logicticus wrote:I have never said how I gather, I just said I do things other than answer questions.

Exactly, you are evasive, never answer direct questions when asked, create posts that are useless and often against the towns interests, and overall are not helping the town in anyway. Sounds like I understand you perfectly...
You have no idea.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”