481 - Speed 1: Romeo and Juliet Mafia - Game Over!

Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:55 pm

Post by Mert »

Just to let you all know, I'll have limited access until... just kidding!
Vote: PoppinPuffin
[i]"Awesome Proton Pack, Flay!"[/i] - [size=75][b]Petroleumjelly[/b][/size]
[i]"It would be suicide for scum to go after Mert"[/i] - [size=75][b]Dral[/b][/size]
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (isolation #1) » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:54 am

Post by Mert »

Is that a wagon I hear rolling its way through my town? Cool.

Unvote, Vote: Kinetic
[i]"It would be suicide for scum to go after Mert"[/i] - [size=75][b]Dral[/b][/size]
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (isolation #2) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:17 pm

Post by Mert »

Dragon Phoenix wrote:The more I see of Kinetic, the happier I am with my vote.
Agreed absolutely. I'll post more this evening when I get home from work, but I'm fine with where my vote is right now.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (isolation #3) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:02 am

Post by Mert »

Kinetic wrote:... We still have 6 days left. This blatant bandwagoning is just a scum trick to try and not make them look scummy for doing an obvious town roll. If you let this go on the scum will just bandwagon every townie by starting a bandwagon and once it is 3-4 people full will say everyone not on it is scummy.

This is ridiculous and counter productive...

True, we have a deadline, but for cripes sake it is still 6 days away. You don't get a prize for lynching someone 5 days before deadline. And just because someone says its scummy not to bandwagon at this point doesn't make it so!
Are you implying we'd be better off
without
a Day One wagon? I say this in pretty much every game I'm ever in, but the default amount of information we have is zero (for the most part). In order to get information, you must get reactions and the harder you push somebody, the more their emotions betray them - if you let everyone who you're not sure about cruise then you'll never have anyone 'betraying' themselves by dropping scumtells.

Wagons, pressure, unexpected lines of questioning - these are all things a good protown player should be doing to gather reactions and, therefore, information.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (isolation #4) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:11 am

Post by Mert »

Incidentally, I'm liking Brutal Assassin, Dragon Phoenix both as town right now. Smaller amount of town vibes from Poppinpuffin and Stewie right now but both are still in the "more likely town than scum" category.

Kinetic's my best bet for scum (obv) and possibly SSF too.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (isolation #5) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:26 am

Post by Mert »

Kinetic wrote:Start showing some so I can insult it then.
Not loving the emotional adhom, if I'm honest. It does
nothing
to convince me you're town, that's for sure.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (isolation #6) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:48 am

Post by Mert »

For what it's worth, I always put a full analysis on the remaining players out there when I'm scum and it looks like I'm the inevitable lynch. Doesn't keep me from dying, but I can taylor my comments in such a way as to throw people off the scent of who my scumbuddies are based on the misinformation I put forward. So unlike BA, I see it as a null-tell.

BA, can you confirm - is it simply the last-minute posting of an analysis of the players on his wagon that you consider to be enough to stop his lynch today or is there more to it than that?
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (isolation #7) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:08 pm

Post by Mert »

Not sure if that's a town-tell from Xyzzy or a Traitor-tell. Worth noting now, even if I've not yet decided what it means yet. This post is a placeholder to remind me to revisit that post in the coming days.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (isolation #8) » Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:54 am

Post by Mert »

The traitor cannot be "recruited" in this game - he is, to all intents and purposes, a townie. The only difference is that his win condition states that he wins with the scum rather than the town. In all other ways, he is exactly the same as a vanilla townie.

FoS: Xyzzy for not reading the setup in an open game...
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (isolation #9) » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:14 am

Post by Mert »

Wow, it's funny how quickly we got down to seven players! Due to the traitor coming up Montague, we have no way of knowing if a mislynch today puts us in LyLo or not, which is an interesting predicament to say the least. I think that if today's lynch comes up Montague (or if more people get themselves modkilled O.o;) we should play it safe and assume we're going to be at LyLo - that means probably no vig kill tonight if we do not lynch correctly.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (isolation #10) » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:06 am

Post by Mert »

Hi, I'm posting this from my mobile just to say I'm sorry I couldn't get on much yesterday but I will be posting in far more depth once I get home from work this evening. I had Monday off work so it sort of became part of my weekend and I'll admit that pretty much all of my games slipped yesterday. Of course, that's more important in this game than any other which is why you're getting this personal apology. As I say, expect more from me later today.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (isolation #11) » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:48 pm

Post by Mert »

Meh, there's very little in Fleaboy's posts to tie him to anyone in particular. If I had to guess, based solely on his posts, there are a few interactions with Brutal Assassin that would make him top of my list. That said, I don't believe there's enough in those particular interactions to warrant a vote on him at this moment in time.

Beyond that, there's very little in the way of 'tells' that I've managed to pick up so far, really. I'm used to far longer days (as are we all, pretty much) but I have to echo Logi here and say that if I
had
to pick someone it'd be Xyzzy, though I certainly see him as more likely traitor than scum. Something about the way he seemed to have "forgot" the roles in this game and the specifics of the Traitor role just doesn't seem honest to me.

I agree that lynching Capulet today is far better than lynching the traitor, but with a lack of anything else that jumps out at me right now, I'm going to
Vote: Xyzzy
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (isolation #12) » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:07 pm

Post by Mert »

Hahaha, this is why you should never read only Day One in isolation...

Okay, back to the drawing board :?

Please feel free to call me an idiot whenever the mood strikes :lol:
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (isolation #13) » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:25 pm

Post by Mert »

While it may well be WIFOM, I find it distinctly odd that you could have been so ignorant about the role in an open setup. It strikes me that there would be some benefit in saying "oops, forgot about the traitor" as it distances you from the role PM.

I know that if I were making a post asking about the particulars of a certain role I'd be sure to check the OP for the role PM before posting it. Yes, you could just have been incredibly lazy and not bothered to check, but it strikes me that it is not a protown move to post in such a confused nature about a scum role when all the information about that role is available to all of us.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (isolation #14) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:16 am

Post by Mert »

Dragon Phoenix wrote:I have no problem you voting for xyzzy, but I do have a problem with the reasoning. If you suspect him to be the traitor, he should not be our target today. The traitor is harmless, and only comes into play in the end game. We really should give it our best shot to take out the remaining Capulet - and not the traitor.
I take your point, but I don't agree with your absolute stance on the issue. Ultimately, we need the traitor dead in order to win. While it would be extremely beneficial to locate and lynch the remaining Capulet today, it is still more beneficial to have lynched the traitor than to have lynched a townie (or a power role even). In the absense of having a firm view on who I believe to be the Capulet at this point, I see no issue with putting some pressure on Xyzzy in the interim - not least of all because the traitor knows who the Capulet is and any pressure that might give out a few tells on that issue is still very useful information to get out of today.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (isolation #15) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:56 am

Post by Mert »

Dragon Phoenix wrote:How difficult is it to read your own win condition? Or is it because you do not have our win condition?
That's a bit of a non-statement really, due the the fact that this is an open setup...

That said, I feel a little silly for pushing for a traitor lynch now that I have re-read the win condition :oops:

Unvote

The only game I have played in where there was a traitor, it had a win condition similar to what I believed for this game. Not an excuse, perhaps - after all, it is my responsibility to read the setup before posting as I have, in fact, gone after Xyzzy for doing but it is the best explanation I can give. Apologies for any confusion that it has caused.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (isolation #16) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:06 am

Post by Mert »

Dragon Phoenix wrote:It smacks to me like a mafia scum who found a nice reason to go after a townie and then forgets to see whether the same reason applied to himself.
I would argue that it's not a "nice" reason for scum to go after a townie but, in fact, a horrible reason. If I was going to vote for somebody on false pretences, it wouldn't be based on a misread role in an open setup. That said, I'm going to stop this line of defense now as it's purely WIFOM, which I accept and there's no way I can argue against your point other than that.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (isolation #17) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:13 pm

Post by Mert »

Sorry, another busy weekend - to be honest, I thought the deadline wasn't going to be on the weekend since activity is usually lowest then, but that's my fault. However, while I probably would have voted for Logi to avoid not lynching, I must admit to not being particularly swayed by the arguments against him.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (isolation #18) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:13 pm

Post by Mert »

Sorry, another busy weekend - to be honest, I thought the deadline wasn't going to be on the weekend since activity is usually lowest then, but that's my fault. However, while I probably would have voted for Logi to avoid not lynching, I must admit to not being particularly swayed by the arguments against him.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (isolation #19) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:15 am

Post by Mert »

xyzzy wrote:Mert, you should've hammered. We clearly had scum.
So I say I'm not impressed with the case on him (twice, in fact :P) and you say you "clearly had scum" - that's supposed to sway my opinion?
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (isolation #20) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:39 pm

Post by Mert »

Xyzzy, please restate your case against Logicticus. I had a quick skim of your posts to date and "just been scummy all game" seems to be the best you have. I know others have posted their suspicions, but in your own words, please describe exactly why you are
so
sure of his guilt.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (isolation #21) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:25 pm

Post by Mert »

Xyzzy, please answer my question. Not so bothered about Logi's (:P) but I'd like for you to answer mine.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (isolation #22) » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:58 am

Post by Mert »

Well, Logi, I did reread you and I couldn't totally see it in the way others have said they did. That's why I wanted Xyzzy to explain at the end of yesterday...

I also agree that not lynching is the correct play for today.
Vote: No Lynch

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”