Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2100 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:19 pm

Post by goodmorning »

In post 2086, Nobody Special wrote:goodmorning: can I get a quick recap on why you aren't interested in lynching viking?

I find that his claim is plausible and am holding off on deciding whether I believe it or not til I ISO him. I'm not going to want to lynch him if I decide I believe it.

In post 2093, dragonspawn wrote:
In post 2080, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I have a burning question for this town.

Let's pretend for a moment that we accept the premise that you're told when you're protected.

If scum intended to nightkill viking, as he claims, why did they also roleblock him?

it's precisely this that makes his claim unlikely.

not only that to believe his claim we have to either accept three parties attacking one another last night or the idea that we have a doctor that gets killed in place or the target. I've never heard or a doc like that.

There is such a thing but it would flip "Bodyguard."

Why do you think it's unlikely that 2 hypothetical scumteams would gun for/block a claimed investigative in the same night?

In post 2095, SilverWolf wrote:vk's claim:

-requires 3 kill attempts last night
-required that someone tried to kill him and someone else tried to RB him
-requires he was told if he was protected
-required he was told that someone tried to kill him.

@Nobody Special/Wake or anyone who has modded Large Normals

Is this a possibility at all?

I've modded a Large Normal and it makes me sad that I've been left out here.

It's possible.

Your first two points are very possible.
Second two unlikely but possible.

@Wake: ABR has retracted his own claim. He meant that he himself is VT, not Tracker as he said before. Nobody scumreads him because he doesn't like VT. If they scumread him for anything involving the phrase "VT" it is his Tracker retraction.

p-edit: WW are totally possible, see masquerade etc
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2101 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:20 pm

Post by dragonspawn »

In post 2085, Wake1 wrote:
In post 2082, SilverWolf wrote:
In post 2079, Wake1 wrote:
In post 2078, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Wake; were you referring to vf?

I'm referring to you, ABR.

You know set-up. What do you think of vikingfan's claims today regarding what happened to him last night?

Actually, what do you think of ABR ignoring my post and apparently pretending that I was referring to vikingfan or said "vf" when I clearly said "VT" and was referring to Albert?

I fairly certain he's not dumb, so I don't understand why he won't be directly honest towards me.

I think it's abr being abr. Could be scum by who knows. I've never seen him this passionate with a good argument like his before.

so why dodge my question and focus on abr?
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2102 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:20 pm

Post by Wake1 »

Please bear with me as I ask you for more information.

His claim requires that there be 3 kill attempts last night? Am I misunderstanding? Please clarify if I am. I know Large games only allow two unique slots, and there's also a 'red list' of roles that can't happen in Large Normals, like Jesters or Nexus'.

He also has to be rb'd and attempted nk'd at the same time? Sounds highly impractical. However, Wolfie, remember that I too was given an insanely powerful role by a certain somebody in a certain game that ended recently. Sometimes there is more danger hidden under the benign doctor or tracker claim, than the one that sounds unbelievable.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2103 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:22 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In post 2101, dragonspawn wrote:

You know set-up. What do you think of vikingfan's claims today regarding what happened to him last night?

Actually, what do you think of ABR ignoring my post and apparently pretending that I was referring to vikingfan or said "vf" when I clearly said "VT" and was referring to Albert?

I fairly certain he's not dumb, so I don't understand why he won't be directly honest towards me.

I think it's abr being abr. Could be scum by who knows. I've never seen him this passionate with a good argument like his before.

I'm pretty sure Wolfie is the one who just asked me about VF.

I am focused on ABR at the moment, and would rather not be distracted as I talk over things with him.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2104 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:24 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 2102, Wake1 wrote:

His claim requires that there be 3 kill attempts last night? Am I misunderstanding? Please clarify if I am. I know Large games only allow two unique slots, and there's also a 'red list' of roles that can't happen in Large Normals, like Jesters or Nexus'.

He also has to be rb'd and attempted nk'd at the same time? Sounds highly impractical. However, Wolfie, remember that I too was given an insanely powerful role by a certain somebody in a certain game that ended recently. Sometimes there is more danger hidden under the benign doctor or tracker claim, than the one that sounds unbelievable.

vf was told that someone tried to kill him and that he was protected last night, he also said he didn't receive a result on his cop investigation of Shinobi, he later said he got "no result" after being further questioned, pisskop flipped nonconsecutive mafia roleblocker and boon flipped nonconsecutive town doctor, vf claims town cop-no modifier

Does this make sense?
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2105 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:26 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In post 2099, dragonspawn wrote:
In post 2083, Nobody Special wrote:
In post 2018, dragonspawn wrote:
But why would the scum role black and try to kill the same person? It doesn't make sense. Especially since there were two deaths. Last time I checked doctors dont die when they heal someone.

Surely you are aware that there could be two scum factions, yes? One shoots, one protects, same player. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.

unlikely. Look at the role for pk. He is just mafia. Not red or blue mafia or some other team designation. Just mafia. So unless we have werewolves floating around it seems unlikely. The second shot is more likely and sk or vigilante.

I also want to note that both the role blocker and doc were both non consecutive. Viking didn't claim any such modification for his cop role. Do you think it's likely we get a plain cop by that the other roles are nonconsecutive?

Werewolves is a possibility. Serial Killer is another. So is Vigilante.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2106 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:26 pm

Post by goodmorning »

wake= confirmed distracted

Ellie
Ellie
Goon
Ellie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2107 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:27 pm

Post by Ellie »

In post 2099, dragonspawn wrote:unlikely. Look at the role for pk. He is just mafia. Not red or blue mafia or some other team designation. Just mafia. So unless we have werewolves floating around it seems unlikely. The second shot is more likely and sk or vigilante.

I also want to note that both the role blocker and doc were both non consecutive. Viking didn't claim any such modification for his cop role. Do you think it's likely we get a plain cop by that the other roles are nonconsecutive?

What would nonconsecutive cop even mean? And it could be mafia & werewolves & SK, or mafia & werewolves & vig, or mafia & SK & vig.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2108 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:28 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In post 2104, SilverWolf wrote:
In post 2102, Wake1 wrote:

vf was told that someone tried to kill him and that he was protected last night, he also said he didn't receive a result on his cop investigation of Shinobi, he later said he got "no result" after being further questioned, pisskop flipped nonconsecutive mafia roleblocker and boon flipped nonconsecutive town doctor, vf claims town cop-no modifier

Does this make sense?

Since it's practically already out of the bag, vikingfan should explain his role pm in as much detail as possible without quoting his role PM.

Him doing that would help us Town tremendously.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2109 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:28 pm

Post by goodmorning »

nonconsecutive = every other night

Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2110 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:29 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In post 2106, goodmorning wrote:wake= confirmed distracted

Business will do that to you. :P
— House*
— Nosferatu*
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2111 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:30 pm

Post by goodmorning »

I doubt every single role is nonconsecutive, by the by.

dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2112 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:11 pm

Post by dragonspawn »

In post 2103, Wake1 wrote:
In post 2101, dragonspawn wrote:

I'm pretty sure Wolfie is the one who just asked me about VF.

I am focused on ABR at the moment, and would rather not be distracted as I talk over things with him.

I asked first
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2113 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:22 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

In post 2089, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 2087, SilverWolf wrote:Your help with vikingfan's claim would be very much appreciated. You are a mod. That's why I asked. It will help me figure out both vikingfan and ABR.

Wake is a newbe...ask NobodySpecial...

Oh, don't drag
me
into this.

But why would the scum role black and try to kill the same person? It doesn't make sense. Especially since there were two deaths. Last time I checked doctors dont die when they heal someone.

Surely you are aware that there could be two scum factions, yes? One shoots, one protects, same player. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.

unlikely. Look at the role for pk. He is just mafia. Not red or blue mafia or some other team designation. Just mafia. So unless we have werewolves floating around it seems unlikely. The second shot is more likely and sk or vigilante.

I am fairly certain that most power roles in this game are non-consecutive because :reasons:. I think that because vf didn't claim non-consec, that further proves he is scum.

In post 2100, goodmorning wrote:
In post 2086, Nobody Special wrote:goodmorning: can I get a quick recap on why you aren't interested in lynching viking?

I find that his claim is plausible and am holding off on deciding whether I believe it or not til I ISO him. I'm not going to want to lynch him if I decide I believe it.

(sigh)

Given your experience (and given
my
experience with your experience) I'm gonna call bullshit on this and just say that you're vf's partner. And I was SO hoping you were town.

In post 2111, goodmorning wrote:I doubt every single role is nonconsecutive, by the by.

See above for why I'm sure you think this, but you're wrong.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2114 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:26 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2111, goodmorning wrote:I doubt every single role is nonconsecutive, by the by.

Troll approved
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2115 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:27 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Clarify?
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2116 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:27 pm

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 2080, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I have a burning question for this town.

Let's pretend for a moment that we accept the premise that you're told when you're protected.

If scum intended to nightkill viking, as he claims, why did they also roleblock him?

As has been pointed out - just because you are targeted does not mean the Mafia targeted you. There are a multitude of possibilities here.

The site meta, I believe, is enough for a VF lynch though. If it is highly irregular to be told that you are targeted then I do not believe his claim. The cop claim was pretty unbelievable yesterday anyway, today simply solidifies that.

VOTE: vikingfan
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2117 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:30 pm

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 2098, Wake1 wrote:
In post 2097, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Wake, I don't understand what you're saying. If it's important, tell me again. Who are you talking about when you say "anyone else".

In post 2076, Wake1 wrote:I question the motives of anyone else who think you should be scumread

Who is anyone else?

ANyone else in general.

I glanced through some of the latest pages and someone mentioned it was scummy that you were apparently displeased at being a Vanilla Townie. At this very exact moment I don't recall the person's name, but I could look through those pages again, though I don't particularly want to because of AACBIS examination dates.

I don't see a single instance where anyone claims ABR is scummy for not being happy about being a VT. The scum reads are because he fake claimed.

I certainly don't buy the fact that he mixed up PM's. That is as asinine excuse. Several players that are more familiar with ABR's play have mentioned this is ABR's general town play though and that lends credence to this not being a scum tell. I would have already voted for ABR except that viking is a MUCH better read than he is and I don't see him and VF being scum buddies at all.
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2118 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:33 pm

Post by FA_Q2 »

Ditto on this.

I think it makes VF claim less likely though not implausible. If not for the fact that he claimed he knew he was healed I might simply file this in the interesting pile. The fact that he seems to have misjudged site meta though means this is just another piece on his scum case.
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2119 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:34 pm

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 1899, dragonspawn wrote:
In post 1898, Cheetory6 wrote:VOTE: FA

care to explain? While I still have questions on FA at the moment there seem to be much better options.

Why would he. Cheeto has tunneled the crap out of me without a real case since the game started. I am simply his go-to vote.

He has barely bothered to play the game at all.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2120 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:35 pm

Post by Wake1 »

I think Mathblade's behavior may be due to some sort of effect that is part of one of the two unique slots allowed. If not, I don't understand what she's doing.

As for VF, lynching him because his unique claim feels unbelievable isn't good enough reason. What if he is what he claims, and we've just shot ourselves in the foot?
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2121 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:37 pm

Post by Wake1 »

And to whom it may concern, I am certainly no newbie.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2122 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:38 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Bah we should eat pizza :)

Oh and lynch someone yes.

ABR fake claims as town or scum.
His play did not match what I expected for a tracker. Hence me thinking bullshit.

I believe one of ABR or VF are scum.

I am leaning ABR. If the site meta is truly people aren't told when protected I don't see VF lying about it unless VF is new to this site but experienced elsewhere to try to make up that. Since I have seen their userid (assuming memory serves) then I doubt it.

However I am not voting as I want to see this play out more and make food.

@Wake troll I be :)
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2123 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:40 pm

Post by MathBlade »

@Wake There were unique slots? Where is that in the setup? (serious request)
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2124 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:41 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In post 2123, MathBlade wrote:@Wake There were unique slots? Where is that in the setup? (serious request)

You can see it on the 'Normal Game' wiki page.
— House*
— Nosferatu*

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”