SMITE Role Madness Mafia (OVER AT LAST!)

FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:00 am

Post by FourTrouble »

That was me trying to figure out his alignment.
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:02 am

Post by Solar Wind »

Okay. Nvm. I need to head out btw.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:35 am

Post by Cephrir »

Spoiler: Cephrir tries to hold his head up through the battering storm
In post 768, -Blonde- wrote:Oh.. they're inactive. Ok and yeah, this is my second game on this site and you guys seem to all play different from the others I've played with. But I'll change my vote then,

VOTE: Solar Wind

o.o
o.O
O.o
O.O

In post 780, Bitmap wrote:
In post 779, Solar Wind wrote:I dunno. I'd probably want to meta dive for similar events if it had been you or someone else where data might be available. I'm leery of assuming that everyone reacts the same way because it caused two mislynches and a town loss when someone assumed there was one right way to react to being fake guiltied.

But my problem is that Xombie doesn't have any previous games and you're assuming as a result, his reaction was townish.

Townposting.

In post 833, RachMarie wrote:Vezo how the h e double hockey stick does the fact I pick my fiance's favorite color prove I am town?

I need to see more from Pere before I put him in a pile, I admit I tend to read him as scum and have a bit of confirmation bias with him.

Townposting, finally.

In post 847, Ankamius wrote:Hi, have some reads.

farside's PV vote is town. I didn't like the PV post right before it either, but that's primarily because I don't like anything he's posted recently. They all feel like he's trying to cherrypick things that look like he's doing something but don't actually do anything.

Not a fan of mastin right now. Something about this post bugs me and I can't put my finger on what exactly.

RachMarie is probably town. She's usually difficult for me to read (I actually don't know if I've ever been able to read her before at least a couple day phases have passed), but I'm feeling town tingles from her engages. Solar Wind feels kinda sorta town for the Rach read too; partially for the read but more because of the way he put it out there. I'm wary about it because of the focus shift to other reads instead of continuing mastin's engage. It could be scum trying to probe at the read and planning to back off immediately, but it's less likely than a town engage due to how vague mastin's response was + mastin already leaning scum.

Bitmap is town.

I'm torn on Imperium. I tend to townread Nacho's posts and scumread Tammy's posts this game. I'm somewhat torn on Nacho further since I believe he's played with me enough to have an idea of what makes me tick (iirc the only completed games we have were him as scum and me as town, and both times he used different strategies against me), and the way he went about interacting with/about me feels town. It's nothing concrete and I have a method of reading him that will eventually give me a stronger read. The main issue is Tammy in that her posts ping scum when they ping anything at all, but I have a feeling in the back of my head that the more emotional type of play (at least compared to Nacho) is ringing a false positive. Can anyone who knows how to read her help me solidify this?

Metal Sonic feels so null it hurts.

iHouse's engage with Metal Sonic gives me light pings. Noting the slot down as a person of interest.

This was also pretty good. You can stop being a scumread.

In post 856, TiphaineDeath wrote:"So null it hurts" K, ank is scum too.

No u.

In post 859, vezokpiraka wrote:
In post 850, theaceofspades wrote:Ok i'm here. Finished reading too. Just dumping my thoughts.

First, to xombie's and someone else who i can't remember thing about neighborhoods. Yes plural. This isn't a new mechanic is it? Been done before. Don't think so. Yes they (plural) help me.

MS is pretty much almost obvitown. Idk much about him though.

Bitmap Rach Ihouse imp and solar wind are also fairly strong townreads.

xombie i'm reserving judgement on.

Everyone else is almost as lurky as me. Except in a few cases

Read vezok ISO. Strong townread.

I'll iso the other guys in a moment too

How did you find my ISO so town? What made me a strong townread for you by just reading my ISO?

What a great question!

In post 867, iHouse wrote:Liking mastin for scum.

Not providing reasons for the majority of her reads is pinging me pretty hard.

I'd like to introduce you to mastin. As someone who has been down that path (and harped on mastin all game for not giving reasons... guess what my alignment was!), let me tell you that understanding mastin is basically a spiritual experience, not a logical puzzle. I'm guessing you've not played with her.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:44 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1396, FourTrouble wrote:
In post 1372, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1369, FourTrouble wrote:
In post 1345, Cephrir wrote:Why? I would love an answer that involved meta.

Answer that involves meta: F-16's emotion and timing.

I'm sure you can guess that I'd like more than this. He was plenty emotional in S&S.

I haven't read that game so my read isn't based on that. When I say emotion, what I mean is, first that F-16 is a very emotional player, and second, because of that F-16 has certain emotional characteristics that I don't think he'd ever replicate as scum without having them pointed out by someone else, because they're so understated and genuine and thus go unnoticed. For example, in Mafia on the air, there was a point where Tammy said F-16 would really hate to mislynch me -- that emotion was 100% genuine town emotion, because it's based on F-16 mislynching me a lot (like almost every game we played for over a year until more recently). That kind of emotion also lines up with F-16's feeling bad about mislynching, which is of course null, but it was more particular in my case, so it needed expression, and that the particukarity of the enotion is what made it so understated yet genuine. There wasn't any manipulation involved, which is typically the case with the expression of scum emotions.

Would he not, theoretically speaking, know that you would expect that? (You don't have to bother answering this question, as I no longer need to get a read on him, and in fact never mind you've pretty much addressed this below)

In post 1396, FourTrouble wrote:There are a few similar moments in this game. F-16's first post, saying "holy fuck we drew town" and then asking if I was town is one of them. Of course, any scum can fake that but I know F-16 had just played with me as scum on a different site, and it kinda sucked because we both prefer playing with each other as town, and it sucks having to deceive one another, so that felt like a genuine emotion that needed expression in relation to a recent game we played. His follow up, wanting to immediately start scumhunting before the game has started just adds to that; you could telll F-16 was excited to play this game, and that's not something he'd feel as scum (might express it, to be sure, but his approach felt genuine). Admittedly, much of this is intuition at this point, but I've played a lot of games with F-16 so it's hard to explain.

The other thing here was F-16's response to Tammy's concerns earlier, starting in 532. F-16's town emotion is on full display. I'll explain that later tonight when I get home if you want; at the moment too busy to reread and explain those posts in-depth.

I'm completely fine with this explanation. With context, the statements you're citing move from random garbage anyone could say to actually having a particular reason to be said in this game right now versus any other time.

The stupid little argument we just had had one positive outcome, which is that he's probably town. However, I also like your explanation a good deal (it's really, really obvious you're actually analyzing him), which reinforces my existing townread on you. So basically, I'm not too worried about either of you right now except insofar as he's going to continue harping on the past two pages and I'm going to get increasingly frustrated by it.

In post 1398, Solar Wind wrote:
Players of SMITE Role Madness, pick the odd one out. I even separated them with spaces.

[a bunch of quote stripes]

Yes, that sure is different from the things other people said?

This just in everyone, all townies react in the same manner to everything all the time always.

In post 1399, Solar Wind wrote:@ FT, I really don't care about you explaining to Ceph why I'm town because I am town and you are town. I really want to focus more on Ceph's actual alignment.

I'm a person too. I have questions. You don't run FT.
Bartleby the Scrivener
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:49 am

Post by T S O »

I very much think F-16 is town for posts on page 55.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:49 am

Post by T S O »

If it is F-16 - the Solar Wind hydra is what I'm referring to.

Yeah, that's a pretty strong read.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:51 am

Post by Solar Wind »

I have no clue if Ceph is town or scum at this point. I believe his posting was genuine though. So, if he's town, he's telling the truth and if he's scum, he's telling the truth.

I had no idea you had a grudge against me though Cephrir. I was pretty excited to see you join the game and was looking forward to seeing you as town. But if you did, you could just avoid me if you want.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:52 am

Post by Cephrir »

I wouldn't call it a grudge... I said I like you :(

I just think you handled one situation poorly.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:57 am

Post by Solar Wind »

But anyone who thinks my arguments with the T-word were my fault seriously needs to do a reality check.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:59 am

Post by Cephrir »

I'm getting off work. Will probably only be responding to current things for the rest of the day. I try to save catchups lately so I have something to do at work. But it's possible I'll continue if I'm really feelin' it. Or, more likely, if the people who usually distract me are busy.
Bartleby the Scrivener
iHouse
iHouse
Townie
iHouse
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:05 am

Post by iHouse »

In post 1387, Solar Wind wrote:Okay. Reasonably confident you are scum here.

Step back and reset. This isn't shit you should be drawing reads from.
Hydra of House and eyestott
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:06 am

Post by beastcharizard »

That was very weird to read through.
iHouse
iHouse
Townie
iHouse
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:07 am

Post by iHouse »

Xpost: My 15 year old dog just had some convulsions, and will likely need to be put down. Please understand if my activity is low for a while.
Eyestott
Hydra of House and eyestott
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:10 am

Post by Solar Wind »

sorry to hear about your dog eyestott.

Hey so this is ffery.

Ceph, what is your Mastin read?
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:14 am

Post by Imperium »

...I really can't handle this, and I don't know what to do about it. I can't leave it on Nacho right now because he's got stuff going on, but I feel like a used punching bag that's being repeatedly spit on. I just want Ceph to be town because he's being nice to me.

I didn't replace out of multiple games because I was frustrated. I replaced out because I was hydraing with falcon in one game and pushing him as scum in another. I felt like his behavior towards me in the game we were hydraing was a reflection of me pushing him as scum in the other game and I felt compromised, so I replaced out of both. Falcon knows this because we talked about it after the game.

I reported your wall of hate by the way.

In post 1299, Solar Wind wrote:
Nothing
that I said in the wall was untrue and offensive.

Somehow last night I missed the part where you told me that I'm a horrible person and followed it up a few sentences later with I'm a first-rate bitch.

In post 1303, Solar Wind wrote:There's nothing in there that I regret typing or I didn't feel was a direct response to something you did.

I look to the above and the statement that I made last night that there is no coming back from that wall is even more true today.

falcon wrote:
I can agree not to argue about it anymore so this game can be peaceful.

It would be nice if you'd actually follow up on this.

I just wanted to play a cool role madness game with Nacho. Know that I'm leaving the site once these last few games I'm in are done.
A hydra of Nacho and Tammy!
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:10 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1413, Solar Wind wrote:sorry to hear about your dog eyestott.

Hey so this is ffery.

Ceph, what is your Mastin read?

I'm leaning town right now, but I still have quite a few pages to get through.

Tammy don't leave, most of us love you :(
Bartleby the Scrivener
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:17 pm

Post by Solar Wind »

In post 1359, Cephrir wrote:I don't know, I'm basically not played against ffery scum. I really want to though, I've always wanted to try my hand at catching her.

NY 167.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:19 pm

Post by Cephrir »

That game doesn't count.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:20 pm

Post by Cephrir »

(It's also why I said basically. But it doesn't count)
Bartleby the Scrivener
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:32 pm

Post by Solar Wind »

I'm finding it difficult to get back into this game.

People are townreading the Mask and I don't really understand why.

I'm kinda townreading mastin.

I need to dig through TD's posts again. I'll work on that tonight.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:38 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 1415, Cephrir wrote:

Tammy don't leave, most of us love you :(

Thanks Ceph. I appreciate that.

Just be town and not scum saying something nice to manipulate me :(
A hydra of Nacho and Tammy!
TiphaineDeath
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:47 pm

Post by TiphaineDeath »

Mastin/TAOS still scum, TD still lacking in motivation for massive wall reading, imperium and solar are both town, so is ceph, Four trouble is probably town too, I am distressed that I can vote neither bitmap nor MS, because I would be kinda down for either of them to die today.
Chaos, Panic, Disorder, my work here is done.

Credo-Supra-Veritate
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:44 pm

Post by farside22 »

Okay back to ace for a moment.

He pointed to an issue with AP, based in 3 post.
He (ace) said my case was in regards to 3 post ace made. Well ace had a total of 3 post for the whole game, his comparison is shit.
Ace brought up not liking ap's point against me. I was saying many already stated an issue, why that is a scum tell is not explained by ace.
Finally ace has an issue with the ms point ap made, but td doesn't find ms, why no comment towards td?

This is where I see ace still as scum. AP gets pressure and suddenly out of the blue here comes ace not liking AP.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:02 pm

Post by Solar Wind »

You can't be serious. I couldn't stop thinking about this all through class and lunch and it made me so pissed off I wanted to open this game and vent about it. I'm just speechless right now.
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:07 pm

Post by Skybird »

OK, I've read through page 28 now and here's what I think so far:
Town: Bitmap, farside, Imperium
Leaning Town: MetalSonic, SolarWind
Null: House
Leaning Scum: beastcharizard , RachMarie, TiphaineDeath

These are the players that have made an impression through page 28. Back to reading now.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”