SMITE Role Madness Mafia (OVER AT LAST!)

iHouse
iHouse
Townie
iHouse
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:40 pm

Post by iHouse »

Solarwind/Imperium dust up could be scum distancing to justify not interacting.

I don't see these players going to such measures as town. Granted, I don't know their playstyle that much so that's kinda weak, but they're both experienced veterans and know better than to be so blatantly hostile to this extent... I think.

Would somebody that knows them better chime in on this?
Hydra of House and eyestott
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:55 pm

Post by ooba »

Restating the Fourtrouble case:
- Both scum and town move votes
- But I've seen scum be in this mindset 'I'm moving my vote from X to Y. Better let people know I haven't forgotten about X'. This protects them from cases later on, when people state 'Oh. You totally wagon hopped and forgot about X'. Call it a pre-emptive defence.

Now that by itself is a weakish-tell, but
- FourTrouble's done that twice. He mentions how he hates taking pressure off vezok to vote TD. He mentions Ceph\mantis again when voting TD for second time.
- His reads\cases seem to attack the townie under suspicion and not mention others. Basically, I think he's pushing those who scum would push.

In post 1279, dramonic wrote:
Votecount 13: Anyone? ._.

FourTrouble (2): The Mask, Ooba, iHouse

iHouse (0): beastcharizard
Also, beast and one of {Mask, me, iHouse} have lost our vote.

Spoiler: @Cephrir
In post 1267, Cephrir wrote:
In post 417, ooba wrote:
Town

13. Solar Wind (F-16_Fighting_Falcon and fferyllt)
16. Imperium (Tammy and Nacho) - Times where I had my doubts and still do - town for now though.
23. Bitmap

Please put pressure on fourth. Good chance we might have scum there.

19. Ankamius

Townish

1. Angrypidgeon - I hope he's town. Like his tone. Also not sure where he's going with the house push - but not sure if scum would choose to push that avenue right now. High level scum players might - so I'm not sure.
21. House - Not strong but leaning town for claim.
17. RachMarie - Weak town - no particular reason.

Null but some thoughts

2. Metal Sonic - Did not like the entry to the thread. Then the 'let's out all neighbourhoods' was town. The leadership\posting after that was town - his list had too many town reads. [But Solar Wind had a similar list - so idk]. Can't call him town for now.
24. Xombie - I can't really place the current vote on MS. Would scum really do that?

I can't tell what this post is trying to say about Ankamius.

Would like to know if, by omission, this means you have no doubt at all about Solar Wind.

The description re: Metal Sonic sounds like a townread, so it's curious that it isn't one.

I may appreciate something else in this post because reasons, but I will need to check something. Don't expect me to follow up on this and don't ask about it.

- Ankamius is strong town. The line "Please put pressure on fourth. Good chance we might have scum there." was directed towards the top three asking them put pressure on the fourth member in their neighbourhood. I didn't know it was TD then.
- I didn't omit Solar Wind. They're right at top as town
- Still have issues about Metal Sonic. I think his alignment will become obvious as the game goes along.

@iHouse
: I don't think they're distancing.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:05 pm

Post by VysePresident »

Halfway through reading the game. Not even going to pretend to offer something useful.

I hope the hydra battle is distancing, because the alternative is really depressing.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:26 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1276, Imperium wrote:I'm caught up again but I didn't really find anything worth responding to. :/
Well, I'm not caught up yet, but given my
entire
lack of investment in the content hereabouts, I will bee soon enough to say exactly this.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:52 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

In post 1307, Solar Wind wrote:
In post 1305, vezokpiraka wrote:@tammy: grow thicker skin and stop making everything about yourelf.
@falcon: stop pestering tammy. It's a damn game. If you want to troll people go on 4chan.

I'm done posting anything more. But please don't do this. This is not actually helpful mediation.

I'm not trying to mediate you. I just want you to stop spamming the thread. You could hate each other so much you'll go up in flames for all I care, but stop talking to each other in thread.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:28 pm

Post by RachMarie »

In post 1186, FourTrouble wrote:
Vote Tiphaine

I'm gonna give Ceph a chance to catch up, but I'm pretty sure he's scum.

Your case on Mantis was coming in voting someone and splitting? She was then replaced by Cephir so whats up with this read?

In post 850, theaceofspades wrote:Ok i'm here. Finished reading too. Just dumping my thoughts.

First, to xombie's and someone else who i can't remember thing about neighborhoods.
Yes plural. This isn't a new mechanic is it? Been done before. Don't think so. Yes they (plural) help me.

MS is pretty much almost obvitown. Idk much about him though.

Bitmap Rach Ihouse imp and solar wind are also fairly strong townreads.

xombie i'm reserving judgement on.

Everyone else is almost as lurky as me. Except in a few cases

Read vezok ISO. Strong townread.

I'll iso the other guys in a moment too

How can you be in more than ONE neighborhood? Sounds like a scum slip to me.

Eh what? Everyone is lurking including me except for those who are not lurking? :eek:

VOTE: Ace dude
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:29 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1206, FourTrouble wrote:First, TD attacks AP for the double standard (i.e. defending Mantis but voting Ace).

I don't see why anyone thinks their content in this game was comparable. Mantis has literally done nothing up to this point.

In post 1206, FourTrouble wrote:But TD, as scum, would be looking for a new place to place his vote, as keeping his vote on mastin isn't furthering any scum objective, especially if we assume Mantis is scum and with the growing pressure on Mantis. Then, farside posts 1106 and provides the perfect cover for scum to vote Ace. Tiphaine immediately jumps on that:

I think this is making far too many assumptions to be a valid point. First and obviously, we don't know Mantis's alignment here and I really don't get why people think not posting is a tell for someone. That's really icky and trust telly if thats actually accurate. But ya, not really going to buy that. Now you are also assuming Ace is town, which I don't really agree with either :S. Why are you townreading Ace? And why would scum necessarily be trying actively to have their vote on a ML wagon? I get that in theory its good practive objectively to do that, but in reality I don't find that most people think that way. Most people as scum are just trying to look out for themselves and avoid getting lynched. So, ya. I've liked a lot of your posts, but this one is really reaching.

In post 1220, iHouse wrote:Replacing out is null.

Yes. I'm glad someone else said it. I ^ actually think this whole post kinda radiates hard-headed town vibes.

In post 1230, Cephrir wrote:I think FT is town! I am not going to give F-16 an easy read ever again

What is this a reference to? :S I only know of Serum and Steel re F16 scum games.

In post 1232, iHouse wrote:If I was playing solo I'd already be voting you.

Ya I think this is pretty town actually.

In post 1238, iHouse wrote:I'd be thrilled with a FourTrouble lynch at this point.

Not seeing it right now. I think his fervor actually comes off pretty town. I've been thinking about his case on TD and I think its way more likely to come from town even if I don't agree with a lot of it. The things you are pointing out about FT are nitpicky and I understand that read progression from him there more than in other places (like mantis for instance). At least, I've definitely used similar logic for townreading someone and its sort of a gut/intuition threshold call to make whether you think a player would put up a wall of being less-lurky if scum. Its not really a cut and dry thing that you can apply logic to. If Im understanding this all anyhow, I reread your post here like 5 times trying to take this in.

In post 1245, Xombie wrote:What do you think abouuuut... Brantz?

Brantz is in this game?
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:17 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1255, Imperium wrote:Right but when you were pushing mastin as scum, you said it's a good thing you're bp so she couldn't kill you. So you weren't trying to play it quietly.

The first statement is true. The second statement I disagree with. I can tell trying to argue about my past intent is not really going to get us anywhere though.

In post 1255, Imperium wrote:A read on you that I'm apparently supposed to have nailed down by now cuz you're totes super easy to read.

No, but it felt off, like you made up a reason for why you claimed bp when far side asked and you thought you'd come up with something plausible to pacify her.

I mean it seems like it's kinda your Schtick to do irregardless of alignment. I probably wouldn't have thought anything of it if you left the anything goes bit out and gone with the "because you wanted to thing".

So me expressing a reason for my action is scummy? When I claim as town, there is a reason for it. I don't just do it for the hilarity. I always have at least some half-baked, constantly improvised plan behind it. Thats my town schtick. AG was a great example of me executing a half baked plan to crumb in plain sight and also WIFOM scum into shooting me for it. I realize Im being cryptic about it so far.

In post 1265, Cephrir wrote:Okay, so like. From the skimming of the most recent like 2 pages I've done, it looks like you are now saying this was a joke. I have a little bit of a problem with that, because you are actually being quite funny this game, but this particular joke, unless I am missing something that will turn up soon, is not funny. The key attribute of jokes is that they are funny, and I know you are a funny guy, so what gives? Yes, I am implying you might be scum because of the quality of your humor.

Im chuckling right now. I actually have gotten reads on people based on making complicated rationalizations about whether their humor is town humor or scum humor, so this makes a fair amount of sense to me.

I'm not joking about my claim. If you still feel weird after reading my response to Tammy, Id be happy to talk about it though.

In post 1265, Cephrir wrote:WTF. Your strongest read is Bitmap for referencing a song.

Really, Ceph, are you asking about it or telling me what it is? I thought Bitmap just ...looked town early game. He was doing his own thing and his posts read like he didn't give a shit how he came across. I think this should have been obvious to you.

In post 1267, Cephrir wrote:I can't tell what this post is trying to say about Ankamius.

I like that Ceph is showing interest in reaching out to people about the person he's voting!

In post 1271, Solar Wind wrote:
I'll break down my issues with the post here
:

Dude. Ok, I need to lay this out cause I can't believe a throwaway post I made, that I said was not really related to playing the game, is escalating so much.

happens. I found the last sentence in that post to be funny. Like if I were trying to imitate your posts in an ironic way, that is something close to what I might say. So I found it funny. Not funny as in "huh this might be scum", funny as in "Is F16 trying to become a caricature of himself :S? I didn't really have a desire to or good way to express that, so I just posted a smilie reaction for lack of better idea and cause it was a standout thing to it, so I wanted to post something even if I probably shouldn't have.

You accused me of slinging mud at you. I found this ironic, but I did my best to make . The entire point of that post is that our playstyles are different. I acknowledge that we want to play this game with different approaches because thats who we are. I find your approach boring, but HEY. I'm sure you find mine to be any number of things. The whole point is that this isn't game related and I don't think anything about what you said in post 77 is really alignment relevant for you.

I really don't know what you think I was trying to 'prove' in 77. I certainly wasn't drawing any conclusions about your alignment in that post and I said that outright, so I don't see why you are up in arms about this. You are disagreeing with my post for the sake of disagreeing with it, without really understanding what I was trying to say (which was nothing about this game, really).

In post 1280, theaceofspades wrote:Because i don't see MS as scum at all. He's among my strongest townreads. And a scumread on him is a reach imo.

Ok, why is MS so town?

In post 1281, RachMarie wrote:Deadline a little over a week!

Holy crap, this Day flew by. People should start getting off vanity wagons asap. Still fine with Ace vote, Vezok and Ft look like town.

In post 1290, Imperium wrote:Falcon - you're coming off like a psycho.

I hate to ask, but could you summarize better whats going on in the neighborhood?

: (. Falcon's speech at the bottom of the page hit a note. Im a bit :( , but I think thats town anyhow.

In post 1312, Solar Wind wrote:I don't think anything's being said that helps people read either of our slots.

I think you are colored by the bias of being involved. It looks really town on both sides I think.

I stopped reading the Imperium/Solar posts at some point on this page.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:33 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Randumb thoughts that didnt make it in:

Leaning pretty town on mask, more than I was. I do kind of see why House thinks F16/Tammy are distancing, but I think thats unlikely. Possible, but more likely they are both town. I don't really see either of them making sense as T/S here.

Cephrir, Solar, Tammy, House, FT, Mask, RM, Mastin* is kind of my townheap for right now. Couple other weaker reads that I'd really like to go over in BLonde before committing on them (blonde comes to mind).

*Mastin, if you are going to seriously crumb/meta-tell like I think you are doing then you better get your shit together and scumhunt like you mean it before Today is over. Please.

--
Not sure how I feel about TD right now, should ISO that. Of the people that have support for wagons, I can't really think of any that I'd vote over Ace. Actually, I'd probably wagon PV at this point if he got any steam. He's kind of crossing that threshold into "Oh, PV is just scum this game" from "lurker-ville"
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:34 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

And its 3:30 AM. This nights cathup comments brought to you by coffee.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:37 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 1317, Solar Wind wrote:I stand by what I said about you egging on zMuffin and AP in Tales by piling on the insults and agreeing with zMuffin's characterization of my playstyle and insulting my townplay to AP while explaining to him that I was town among a ton of other things.

I stand by my comments on you calling me names right after I replaced into Serum and Steel even though I was genuinely pretending to scumhunt you and not trying to piss you off. That ties into the general idea you have that you are allowed to scumhunt people but if anyone questions you, they are horrible.

I still stand by the fact that you were needlessly condescending in the dead PT of Mafia on the Air but I admit I was probably spoiled by Mastin's encouragement in Tales of You dead PT and learned to expect that people will cheer you and support you in dead PTs so your posts came as a shock. I still didn't expect that the worst criticisms would come from someone who was hydra'ing with me.

I stand by the fact that I wasn't unjustified to be pissed off at you when you addressed me in that mocking tone and shoehorned Malakittens's method of reading you when my track record at reading you is pretty fucking awesome. And I wouldn't have pulled up a list of games if you hadn't done that.

I don't want to argue again. I'm pretty sure I didn't do these things the way you're remembering/interpreting them, but I'm sorry I made you feel this way.
A hydra of Nacho and Tammy!
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:47 am

Post by Cephrir »

Jesus falcon.

Stop.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:59 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 1314, Xombie wrote::?

I want to comment on something unrelated to diffuse but yeah, I got nothin. Sooo

This is adorable!

And you get to stay on my town list officially,

Will be getting back to ace when I get home.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:07 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 1327, VysePresident wrote:Halfway through reading the game. Not even going to pretend to offer something useful.

I hope the hydra battle is distancing, because the alternative is really depressing.

You may want to skim some of that back and forth.

I like the ace wagon. I'd want to see pv post more. I want vyse to catch up. Mastin still feels blah to me, to the point she starts to read scummy.

Also I thought someone said they thought m's read scummy besides ap.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:17 am

Post by FourTrouble »

In post 1331, AngryPidgeon wrote:I think this is making far too many assumptions to be a valid point. First and obviously, we don't know Mantis's alignment here and I really don't get why people think not posting is a tell for someone. That's really icky and trust telly if thats actually accurate. But ya, not really going to buy that. Now you are also assuming Ace is town, which I don't really agree with either :S. Why are you townreading Ace? And why would scum necessarily be trying actively to have their vote on a ML wagon? I get that in theory its good practive objectively to do that, but in reality I don't find that most people think that way. Most people as scum are just trying to look out for themselves and avoid getting lynched. So, ya. I've liked a lot of your posts, but this one is really reaching.

You're largely missing the point of my analysis. What I'm saying is that TD's interpretation of your vote for Ace, and then his follow up actions, suggest that TD is preinclined to read Mantis as scum, but isn't scumreading Mantia, and in fact is defending him. The preinclination is scummy in the absence of a scumread because it suggests TD is not acting on knowledge he has (and knowledge he shouldn't have). The defense is also scummy because it does the above while also defending the guy he should be scumreading, based on his prior posts. That's the kind of inconsistency ("pattern of behavior") that I think comes from scum.

Asking why scum would put their vote on a ML misframes the issue; scum do that all the time. The right question is whether TD specifically would do that in the above circumstances. I think he would, based on what I've seen so far (attacking Solar, Imperium, and me in his first post while defending Vezok suggests he'd vote town (and yes, that assumes Solar and Imperium are town, and while I can't speak to Imperium with absolute certainty, I'm trust tell level - 99% - on F-16)). As for a scum motive to mislynch Ace, there's more than one, so I don't understand why you think scum wouldn't vote there (assuming Ace is town). Do scum only vote for other scum? Cause that's what you're suggesting, and that's 100% wrong. You're right that scum are looking out for themselves, but they're also trying to win, and that means mislynching town at some point on the game. What I think most scum are trying to do is figure out who to lynch, at what point, and Ace (especially after farside's post) was a great place to put your vote as scum. I think TD had fucked up already by attacking your vote on Ace, but objectively I don't think he would realize that.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:20 am

Post by FourTrouble »

In post 1265, Cephrir wrote:These are both townposting and, surprisingly, I find myself agreeing with them. I'm agreeing with FourTrouble guys, I think we've entered the twilight zone.

Why is agreeing with me surprising?
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:21 am

Post by FourTrouble »

F-16, I think AP's recent posts are town.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:29 am

Post by FourTrouble »

Ooba's town, too.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:17 am

Post by dramonic »

Skybird replaces BRantz!
one to go...
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:49 am

Post by Skybird »

Hi everyone! Working on catching up now.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:52 am

Post by Cephrir »

I can't italicize spoiler titles D:<

Spoiler: Cephrir and his mates get stranded with few resources and proceed to act out the plot of Treasure Island
In post 500, BRantz wrote:I go to sleep and then 10 more pages...

FT my question becomes how do you distinguish between vezok, Ank, and blonde (who's only post in the game is )? Are they all scum? What makes any of them more scummy than any other?

TD's intro is awful. It reads to me as "lets pick the most townread people in the game and stir the pot to see what happens." But the tone is off for that sort of gambit.

In post 412, farside22 wrote:
Dear lord there is lots to still read.
Do people sleep?

This is kind of what I am feeling right now too.

@vezok: This is possibly the most content I've ever seen on day 1 of a game, why are you actively trying to not analyze any of it?

@Ank: You seem to have switched to being more involved in trying to engage in the last page or two, what changed for you? (Also knowing your own meta makes it worthless )

VOTE: vezokpiraka

This post doesn't make sense to me as a coherent unit. It grumbles at FT about distinguishing between several active lurkers as though that is not possible, and then goes on to single out vezok and vote him. I am surprised nobody else is noticing how odd that is.

In post 502, FourTrouble wrote:Tiphaine, that doesn't answer my question. How is the vezok question (and my other questions) "random" and "unconnected"? Have you looked at the context in which the questions were asked? Have you looked at how the questions were answered? Have you looked at what I did in response to those answers?

They aren't, he's throwing shit. :)

In post 505, RachMarie wrote:Those of you who are already town reading me could you explain WHY?

Bit is actually better at being scum than town. Do not let the VI routine fool you.

Of the 3 votes on me his seems the scummiest. No reasoning giving just a bald vote after two votes have already been cast. It looks like he is going for low hanging fruit.

VOTE: Bit

What VI routine? I agree about Bitmap in general, as I thought he was so scummy as town in my past game with him that I tunnelled his replacement and his replacement's replacement until I got my prize mislynch. However, I do not think he's been particularly stupid this game, and I do not see any VI routine.

I have no idea why you limited your search for scum to the votes on you.

In post 514, Solar Wind wrote:
In post 505, RachMarie wrote:Those of you who are already town reading me could you explain WHY?

Bit is actually better at being scum than town. Do not let the VI routine fool you.

Of the 3 votes on me his seems the scummiest. No reasoning giving just a bald vote after two votes have already been cast. It looks like he is going for low hanging fruit.
e

I'm leaning town on Bit.

You say this like you expect Rach to immediately back down and defer to you. I kinda want to ask if that's the case, but actually it has very little to do with my read of you or her, so I guess it's neither here nor there... you can still answer if you feel like it though!

In post 516, Imperium wrote:
But this post to Nacho feels like more along those warning lines and is where I went to start revisiting some of the posts from yesterday. He's basically warning Nacho that if Nacho doesn't agree with him 100% or if he thinks a read of his is weird, that he's prepared to take back his town read of us. Which is way way way more likely to come from Falcon scum. In Serum and Steel, every time our interaction being off and him not seeming town from it, he turned it around on me. It was always my fault for our interaction not being the same. When I tried to make sense of his reads and offer my own, he shut me down and turned it around on me. And then when I finally realized he was, in fact, scum and started pushing him, he omgus'd me harder than fuck and then drowned the game in a huge distraction designed to keep me from figuring out the game and getting an adequate push on him.

This was a giant wall that mostly had the effect of convincing me Tammy is town, but this part of it in comparison to what's happening up on page 5X does not make me feel good. I still lean town on that slot, but this prediction sure did come true.

In post 519, Imperium wrote:

The town read from this hydra is coming from Nacho. I don't know why you're asking for him to explain his town read on you though when he tends to town read you.

What has Bitmap done that makes it seem like we are just dismissing him as being a VI and town reading him for that?

Not all of us are goddesses of radiant town light, it makes sense for most of us to wonder why we're being townread sometimes (especially given Rach had not done much of anything) sooooo ???? And also, isn't she coming off a game wherein she fooled him? If anything that makes me townread Rach a little, because if I had just snowed someone and they gave me a free pass out the gate I'd be scratching my head.

In post 521, farside22 wrote:Imp: Why did you not mention this concern of yours sooner?

As for the discussion about xombie, I thought he was a newb to mafia, which was why I felt his reaction was more questionable. Most newbs as far as I have run across are aware of gambits like that.

Doesn't this make the opposite of sense? "You must be scum" is precisely the reaction I expect from a newbie... more experienced players would suspect a reaction test. Why would a newbie be more likely to be aware of gambits? This post makes no sense at all.

In post 528, Solar Wind wrote:I'm going go off and hate this game for a while. You and falcon need to work this out, I guess. If you want me let me know.

I would love it if you would be more of a presence for a variety of reasons.

In post 530, Imperium wrote:
Posturey is posturing, basically putting on false airs. I thought his response that he wasn't buddying because he had demanded that we town ourselves felt off. It felt like posturing, like no look I'm trying to read them I really really am. The response felt weird because instead of trying to understand where Tiphaine was coming from he immediately shut it down. It's a silly charge, and although I haven't played with Tiphaine, besides Final Fantasy where he was under an alt and playing differently on purpose, but I don't remember him scum hunting the way that he has here. My memory of Tiphaine though is someone who scum hunts in a weird way and tends to get mislynched for it, but in the games we played in before his chaotic style was a style that I could follow and get a read on. His entrance into the game felt more calculated than I've seen him. I've never seen him as scum though and don't know if his game has evolved, so it's something I'll look into.

I (town) was part of a mislynch on him fairly recently. The reasons were not similar.

In post 533, T S O wrote:
This needs to be quoted somewhere, maybe hung up on a banner, maybe inscribed on a large stature beside the town hall.

I think TSO is agreeing more with the general message of the thing here, not as it applies to this game. I have no idea why we got sooper serial about this.

In post 545, FourTrouble wrote:I'm very confident that F-16 is town.

Why? I would love an answer that involved meta.

In post 546, TiphaineDeath wrote:Your question is dumb, and so are you.

(This is in response to FT's vote)

...no. I do not buy this reaction one bit, it looks like an overdone attempt to show townie belligerence and I hate it. You get a vote for this. FT didn't even say anything to accompany his vote, so you can't really think his reasoning is stupid. It's just needless hostility.

In post 551, House wrote:
In post 549, Bitmap wrote:vezo hasn't posted much in here. :/

He's trying to stoke discussion in the hood. Thankfully, nobody is biting.

Yeah, if we talked in our neighborhoods, that would be
terrible
! :roll:

In post 562, TiphaineDeath wrote:No charizard, you're being derpish.

Also, due to developments in our neighborhood I will be unvoting now UNVOTE: , I'll have a new plan tomorrow, I don't think what I just saw can have been faked, or would have come from scum, I either have a full town neighborhood or bitmap is scum, but I think I will be hunting outside it for now.

Pedit: Sonic, splain.

I can buy seeing a fight and going, oh hey, these players aren't scum together. However, the assertion that neither can be faking it is pretty tough to get to. Maybe you give players less credit than I do or something, but I don't think it's unreasonable to imagine they could have an actual, emotional fight while not both being town. Also, it doesn't sit well with me that you're backing off of your crazy assertion. No one liked it and so I suspect you may be getting off the train at the first stop because of the pressure. In addition, I see a townie who has the conviction you did, that several very good players are all scum, taking a lot more to drop it or retaining paranoia.

In post 586, Metal Sonic wrote:Brants is my neighbor and he looks quite town

I am not playing this game. If I can't see it, it means almost nothing to me, especially if you aren't going to share.
In post 596, Metal Sonic wrote:I want to punch beast

In post 597, Metal Sonic wrote:For being misleading

Well, I want to punch you for trying to out a mason? Seriously, WTF?
In post 576, House wrote:
In post 574, Metal Sonic wrote:he is mason

1) Good job outing a mason.
2) mason doesn't mean right. The fact he thinks I'm scum is proof of that.

In post 577, House wrote:Where's TSO's moonlogic accusations?

He's coasting & posting fluff.

Not liking it. If there's reason that vezok should live, I'm willing to wagon T S O.

What the shit is this sequence of posts. In the first post, you think TSO is a mason, and in the second, you want to vote him....?????????????

Also, I don't care for the "moonlogic" characterization, as it's discrediting (that would be okay if he were a crazy player who actually should be discredited...) but I don't think it describes TSO well at all.

In post 605, TiphaineDeath wrote:Yeah, this needs to die now. VOTE: MetalSonic

?!?!?!?!?!??!!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!???????additionalexpressionsofconfusion????

In post 609, beastcharizard wrote:
In post 596, Metal Sonic wrote:I want to punch beast

In post 597, Metal Sonic wrote:For being misleading

I never once said I was a Mason with TSO. You jumped to your own conclusions. As of this point I am confident in my TSO town read so I am going to raise hell if someone tries to lynch TSO.

You should know when I get a read on certain people I drive it home to DEATH!

I like this a bit.

In post 615, Ankamius wrote:Metal Sonic recently ran into a situation where he 'caught' someone and the other mason hard defended him until they outed as masons.

It's not implausible in the slightest and I feels more town than scum to have immediately jumped to that conclusion, even with the posts afterwards.

Okay, but you have no problem with him just stating they're masons?

Especially given he has a neighborhood he could use if he insisted on having diarrhea of the mouth? (Did MS think his neighborhood was town? I don't remember)

VOTE: TiphaineDeath
Bartleby the Scrivener
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:15 am

Post by ZZZX »

I give up on catching up 100% since pages come faster than i can read them somewhat.

anyway i will read everything after this post. i will also read the lst 5 pages quickly today or tomorrow.

i wasted too much time :<

cheers, -ZZZX
Implosion: I see ZZZX was
redacted
. For shame, people. For shame.
The Bulge: ZZZX is ZZZX
Get to know a ZZZX: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=58733
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:21 am

Post by Solar Wind »

In post 1345, Cephrir wrote:You say this like you expect Rach to immediately back down and defer to you. I kinda want to ask if that's the case, but actually it has very little to do with my read of you or her, so I guess it's neither here nor there... you can still answer if you feel like it though!

I usually speak up when one of my townreads takes a "he's scum" position on another townread. Offhand I can't remember ever
not
speaking up unless the player's case for their vote made me want to soak on it or rethink.

I wanted her to know I disagreed with that vote. I'd hope she would take my opinion into account. I was leaning pretty strongly town on bitmap, mostly due to stuff he posted in the game thread, though his posts in the neighborhood were more reasons to think he's town.

In post 1345, Cephrir wrote:I would love it if you would be more of a presence for a variety of reasons.

I was a strong presence until about 3 calendar days ago, I think. My migraine started calming down just in time for yesterday's blow-up. :/

f-16 and I both plan to work on reads lists today.

Was there something specific you wanted?
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:23 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1333, AngryPidgeon wrote:*Mastin, if you are going to seriously crumb/meta-tell like I think you are doing then you better get your shit together and scumhunt like you mean it before Today is over. Please.
Well, technically speaking, I don't need to. But you're right, I want to. I'm just not really vibing off of anything right now. Any effort I'd put in would be forced, producing reads I don't really believe in, just for the sake of having reads.

Which I could do, I suppose, just that I'd prefer more organic ones.
I can give townreads. Scumreads, not so much.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:37 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1347, Solar Wind wrote:Was there something specific you wanted?

Not really, I just think you'd be easier to deal with at present because you aren't throwing a fit and S&S has taught me not to even try reading F-16.
Bartleby the Scrivener

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”