SMITE Role Madness Mafia (OVER AT LAST!)

FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:30 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

Tammy, what're your thoughts on Tiphaine? I feel like 100% of what he said is fake.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:31 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 524, Imperium wrote:
In post 521, farside22 wrote:Imp: Why did you not mention this concern of yours sooner?

As for the discussion about xombie, I thought he was a newb to mafia, which was why I felt his reaction was more questionable. Most newbs as far as I have run across are aware of gambits like that.

My concern has been there and it's been a work in progress. I've put other concerns in the neighborhood and was met with Nacho was going to laugh at me to see my concern.

I've been out all day and this was something I was thinking about while out. Left some messages for Nacho, thought about it some more, then decided to put it out there.

It's about 24 hours into day one, so it's not like I waited a long time to air my concerns.

I'm just a bit bothered that TD says something and you follow up with issues after.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:33 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

In post 526, farside22 wrote:I'm just a bit bothered that TD says something and you follow up with issues after.

What's concerning about that? Tammy's analysis doesn't seem fake.
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:34 pm

Post by Solar Wind »

I'm going go off and hate this game for a while. You and falcon need to work this out, I guess. If you want me let me know.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:41 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 527, FourTrouble wrote:
In post 526, farside22 wrote:I'm just a bit bothered that TD says something and you follow up with issues after.

For me it was a bit out of the blue read after many pages of back and forth.

Plus: weird reason that will make people look at me funny.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:41 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 523, FourTrouble wrote:
In post 516, Imperium wrote:BUT when Nacho does comment on his reads (something he clearly wanted) and agrees with the reads basically but has different strengths of those reads, it's cause for him to second guess his town read of us? I was surprised that literally noone else besides Tiphaine Death saw the problem with this post. (I'm not sure what I think of Tiphaine Death, his entrance post is kind of weird and his reasoning for thinking one of us is kinda eh when he just got done playing a game with us - Final Fantasy - and the way we interacted isn't completely different from that game and he didn't mention it at all, it's odd it's a problem for him here. But I also didn't like Falcon pointing out that HE DID NOT BUDDY US BECAUSE HE DEMANDED WE TOWN OURSELVES because it just feels like more posturing.

I understand (and agree to some extent) that 453 doesn't seem to follow from Nacho's comments, but I strongly disagree with Tiphaine that it's "buddying." I also don't understand what you mean by "posturing" - can you clarify that?

I also disagree with Tiphaine that any of it is buddying. That point is one of the things I really don't like from that, and mostly it's because he has played with us before. We don't tend to interact with each other all that differently from game to game.

Posturey is posturing, basically putting on false airs. I thought his response that he wasn't buddying because he had demanded that we town ourselves felt off. It felt like posturing, like no look I'm trying to read them I really really am. The response felt weird because instead of trying to understand where Tiphaine was coming from he immediately shut it down. It's a silly charge, and although I haven't played with Tiphaine, besides Final Fantasy where he was under an alt and playing differently on purpose, but I don't remember him scum hunting the way that he has here. My memory of Tiphaine though is someone who scum hunts in a weird way and tends to get mislynched for it, but in the games we played in before his chaotic style was a style that I could follow and get a read on. His entrance into the game felt more calculated than I've seen him. I've never seen him as scum though and don't know if his game has evolved, so it's something I'll look into.

ft wrote:
In post 516, Imperium wrote:He's basically warning Nacho that if Nacho doesn't agree with him 100% or if he thinks a read of his is weird, that he's prepared to take back his town read of us. Which is way way way more likely to come from Falcon scum. In Serum and Steel, every time our interaction being off and him not seeming town from it, he turned it around on me. It was always my fault for our interaction not being the same. When I tried to make sense of his reads and offer my own, he shut me down and turned it around on me. And then when I finally realized he was, in fact, scum and started pushing him, he omgus'd me harder than fuck and then drowned the game in a huge distraction designed to keep me from figuring out the game and getting an adequate push on him.

You make some good points that definitely make me want to understand where 453 came from, but I think this is pushing that reading too far. I haven't read Serum and Steel so I might be wrong but I don't (and can't) see F-16 creating a dichotomy where Nacho has to agree with him 100% or Nacho's scum. I see how you get that from 453 but I think you're reading more into that then there is.

I could be reading more into it than is there, but I need to get it out there because something does not feel right and has not felt right since the beginning of the game. I need to figure out if it's alignment indicative or just weirdness.
A hydra of Nacho and Tammy!
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:48 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 529, farside22 wrote:
In post 527, FourTrouble wrote:

For me it was a bit out of the blue read after many pages of back and forth.

Plus: weird reason that will make people look at me funny.

Couple things:

No offense to TD but he's not someone I would use as an opening to get introduce suspicion on someone.

I can't help that TD posted before I did. I haven't been home most of the day, and have been keeping caught up on my phone and leaving messages for Nacho about my concerns.

I don't know where you think it was an out of the blue read. I started the game thinking they were scum, realized my reasoning was wrong and they were probably town, had some interaction and gave one of my concerns in the neighborhood. Nacho is not concerned about them at all. He's finally gotten back to me! But, I have been. I'm not going to not post my concerns when I have them. It's something I've been chewing over. With people that I play with a lot how they interact with me determines a good part of my read - if I think I understand them enough it's also how they form their reads - and this is something I've been chewing over.
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:56 pm

Post by Solar Wind »

Okay. Tammy, I see your concerns. You are misinterpreting most or all of my posts. I'm surprised that that's the reaction you got from all of my posts because I feel like I've been incredibly town this game - more so than most of my towngames in fact. I was trolling you, sure, but I didn't realize you were bothered by that until now. I've had flickers of paranoia about your slot which I guess contributed to me being more guarded than usual but I think you are very, very town now and I'll address your points more seriously in a bit. I'm going to go grab dinner and will get to this in an hour or two and if you are going to be around tonight, that's cool.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:43 pm

Post by T S O »

In post 316, Metal Sonic wrote:bitmap you look scummy. are you scum?

i said i am a daycop. that makes me auto town. your suspicion on me is like calling god a dog

Please, please, just fucking stop this stupidity.

In post 320, Metal Sonic wrote:bitmap is a known VI
#

*cough* bitmap isn't attempting to pretend he is a daycop *COUGH* *cough*

In post 324, Imperium wrote:Best Town Performance is a group award, can we please not try to start snarking and passive aggressively putting other people down. kthnxbai

But that's been the best bit of the 21 pages so far!

In post 380, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 298, Solar Wind wrote:AP, please tell me you are kidding and not that you are scum again ready to mudsling into oblivion.

I'm not really sure how to respond to this, F16. You telling Tammy that you want to sort them is basically a non-statement. At least to me. The only potential reason I can see myself ever saying that is to try and look invested as scum. I'm not saying you are the same, cause you aren't, but from my PoV its just white-noise and it'd be refreshing to actually see a game in general where people don't just buddy up to people they like for better or worse. Stick your toes in the lake!, run through the sand barefoot! You don't have to always sit under the same tree and tell it that you really want to read it correctly this game. I dunno. Maybe I'm just the odd one out cause I like doing my own thing and I find it annoying when people (notably Especially the Lies) get pissy when I dont interact with them because we know each other. If you say things I find interesting or weird, I'll interact with you! Welp I wrote way too much about this since I don' even think the post in question is really relevant to your alignment in the first place. :mrgreen:

This needs to be quoted somewhere, maybe hung up on a banner, maybe inscribed on a large stature beside the town hall.

In post 445, FourTrouble wrote:Solar, can you guys explain your townread on Ankamius?

I have no interest in this line of questioning, but that's a nice little avatar you've got there, FT.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:44 pm

Post by T S O »

Has anything relevant happened in the 21 pages? I forced myself to read them all, and moderately regret wasting my time doing so.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:53 pm

Post by Solar Wind »

In post 534, T S O wrote:Has anything relevant happened in the 21 pages? I forced myself to read them all, and moderately regret wasting my time doing so.

What are your thoughts about Tiphaine Death? Xombie? Ankamius?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:56 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 534, T S O wrote:Has anything relevant happened in the 21 pages? I forced myself to read them all, and moderately regret wasting my time doing so.

I have rach and zombie as scum reads.
The rest are null, town or no info to go on.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:58 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 532, Solar Wind wrote:Okay. Tammy, I see your concerns. You are misinterpreting most or all of my posts. I'm surprised that that's the reaction you got from all of my posts because I feel like I've been incredibly town this game - more so than most of my towngames in fact. I was trolling you, sure, but I didn't realize you were bothered by that until now. I've had flickers of paranoia about your slot which I guess contributed to me being more guarded than usual but I think you are very, very town now and I'll address your points more seriously in a bit. I'm going to go grab dinner and will get to this in an hour or two and if you are going to be around tonight, that's cool.

I pulled a muscle this morning and will be a couch bound lamo tonight so will be around.

I will admit to be rather sensitive and not recognizing trolling as what it is sometimes unless it's from people like regfan, empire, faraday or nacho.
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:11 pm

Post by Solar Wind »

Okay, this is from your first post:

On early D1 play: Your was irritating especially with the "
Because if you think you actually know what either of our scum games are like. And think your meta is so great that you know how to read us soon enough
" line because it felt unnecessarily accusatory and hostile. At that point I felt my posts were perfectly cordial and I was even hoping you were town like I said here:
In post 65, Solar Wind wrote:
In post 61, Imperium wrote:btw i think solar wind and ft are town

I think FT is probably town. A little early to tell for sure. Hoping you are town as well.

To that your response was
In post 66, Imperium wrote:Gun to your head. What's your read of us right now?

I think you should have understood that if I didn't give a read on you, I didn't develop a solid read that I was willing to share yet and you were being rather pushy demanding that I give a read on you. And then when I admitted that I had concerns, you went into full attack mode. I felt it would be so much easier if we didn't attack each other over nothing and let the game play out and develop reads off of the content that we put in.

I also wasn't a huge fan of your reach out. What you said was:
In post 53, Imperium wrote:I hope so! And I hope if so we find each other early and can work together. Ffery and I keep saying that we need to work together sooner when we're town reading each other to wreck scum teams.

I reasonably interpreted that as you reaching out to Ffery only, considering if you were reaching out to me/wanted to resolve our past arguments or whatever and work together again, you'd have said something about us wrecking scumteams together rather than just you and Ffery. I was fine with that and thought she would respond when she could. In your next post was when you started attacking me because you feel I should have responded to it when I felt like if you wanted a response from me, you would have phrased it differently.

And your entire tone early D1 was much more of "
you think you are so great you can read me, why aren't you seeing me as town??
" rather than "
since we can read each other pretty well, let's hope we find each other soon and destroy scum.
" And the most ironic part is you keep claiming that you are SO good at reading me that I would not post in a neighborhood as scum just because of your presence in it while mocking my ability to read you. Let's be clear:
I'm
the one that is (correctly) reading you as town. You are the one who's misreading me so your entire tone feels disrespectful and actually doesn't make a whole lot of sense. So, yes. I was irritated at your . If you wanted to reach out to me, that wasn't the way to do it.

My wasn't designed to start an argument. It was a direct response to your previous posts and what I described above + I had put much more content into the thread by then so accusing me of being scum and claiming I should see that you are town while at the same time dismissing my ability to read you and playing up your ability to read me. And I do think we had more respect for each other as players in the past than now but it goes both ways. And I never said I didn't want to work with you. I was on the fence about whether we'd be able to work with each other before the game started but I was quite happy that you wanted to but that fell apart quickly.

~~~

: Nacho and I have a specific way we interact with each other and we respect each other's play and work well together. From my end, I normally expect Nacho to see me as town when I'm town. That's why it felt off that he called my read strength weird as it is not something I normally expect to see from him and I thought he was angling to suspect me. If somebody other than Nacho made that post, I wouldn't have given it a second glance but because it was Nacho, I focused in on it.

It wasn't me telling him I'd rescind my town read on you guys or threaten to lynch you or whatever. It was more that if Nacho was town, I wanted him to not act weird so I can feel comfortable in that read because this is one of those games where our early interaction made it harder to see the town from you guys.

~~~

Tammy wrote:Last night when I didn't comment on a couple of his reads, he wondered why I hadn't. Never mind the fact, that I don't go commenting on everyone's reads all the time especially this early in the game when I'm feeling things out. I'm not going to comment for the sake of commenting when I don't feel solid one way or another or even if I sometimes do. He also asked me to have nacho talk to him about angry pidgeon.

At the time I made the post, I was under the impression that you were reading me as reasonably town and wanted to work with me. I had just said that two people you were grilling (Ankamius and Bitmap) were town. I expected some sort of reaction. Maybe an acknowledgement that you agreed if you did. Maybe telling me to explain why. Maybe disagreement if you disagreed. I posted both in thread and in the neighborhood and you never responded here or there.

The posts in the neighborhood are also pretty weird. It felt like you were skipping my posts and only responding to bitmap. You were even responding to Bitmap's non-game related posts but not my game related ones. And you had entirely ignored it when I asked you to tell Nacho that I wanted his read on AP. I would have expected at least some sort of "sure" or "okay." Nacho even came back this morning and said that you hadn't told him anything despite me asking you twice (once in the neighborhood and once in the main thread). I wasn't too worried and I said as much but I enquired all the same to see what was wrong. And remember, at this point I was under the impression that you thought I was town and wanted to work with me - and if you did, you'd have talked to me about Ank and Bitmap.

Tammy wrote:But I also didn't like Falcon pointing out that HE DID NOT BUDDY US BECAUSE HE DEMANDED WE TOWN OURSELVES because it just feels like more posturing.

What I said was absolutely true. I wasn't posturing. It was pointing out that TD's accusation of buddying was terrible and accusing TD of being scum for it.
TiphaineDeath
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:13 pm

Post by TiphaineDeath »

I sense chainsaws, many chainsaws, they surround me with their cuddly teeth.
Chaos, Panic, Disorder, my work here is done.

Credo-Supra-Veritate
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:16 pm

Post by House »

In post 539, TiphaineDeath wrote:I sense chainsaws, many chainsaws, they surround me with their cuddly teeth.

Considering your hilariously bad inability to read me, you'll forgive me if I don't put much credence in your other opinions.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:20 pm

Post by Solar Wind »

In post 530, Imperium wrote:I also disagree with Tiphaine that any of it is buddying. That point is one of the things I really don't like from that, and mostly it's because he has played with us before. We don't tend to interact with each other all that differently from game to game.

To be fair to TD, he saw us in one game (FFX) where I think we worked quite well together at least during that 4 rl day time frame that I was in the game (I don't know if you disagree with that). We collaborated on our reads and tried to work towards a lynch. That's not remotely what's happening here. However, I think he's scum for other reasons although Ffery has reasons to think that he's town and we are working on it.

In post 530, Imperium wrote:Posturey is posturing, basically putting on false airs. I thought his response that he wasn't buddying because he had demanded that we town ourselves felt off. It felt like posturing, like no look I'm trying to read them I really really am. The response felt weird because instead of trying to understand where Tiphaine was coming from he immediately shut it down. It's a silly charge, and although I haven't played with Tiphaine, besides Final Fantasy where he was under an alt and playing differently on purpose, but I don't remember him scum hunting the way that he has here. My memory of Tiphaine though is someone who scum hunts in a weird way and tends to get mislynched for it, but in the games we played in before his chaotic style was a style that I could follow and get a read on. His entrance into the game felt more calculated than I've seen him. I've never seen him as scum though and don't know if his game has evolved, so it's something I'll look into.

There is no posturing here and it is less of justifying myself to TD than showing him why his suspicion was terrible. I pretty much agree the calculated style entrance. He and AP are my current strongest scumreads (not considering Ffery's). FT's pretty much right.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:21 pm

Post by Imperium »

I knew it. I told Nacho earlier tonight when he was insisting that you were town that the weirdness of your interaction with me was that you were pissed off that I joined the game. I wish you would have said something; I'd not have joined, but I'll be a silent partner here now, you will not have to worry about me.
TiphaineDeath
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:26 pm

Post by TiphaineDeath »

As far as "calculated entrance" goes, me coming in to a game that already has 20 FUCKING PAGES, is much like me replacing in to a game, in which you may note the same thing occurs.

Credo-Supra-Veritate
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:31 pm

Post by Solar Wind »

In post 542, Imperium wrote:I knew it. I told Nacho earlier tonight when he was insisting that you were town that the weirdness of your interaction with me was that you were pissed off that I joined the game. I wish you would have said something; I'd not have joined, but I'll be a silent partner here now, you will not have to worry about me.

That's
your response to my explaining something that was emotionally difficult for me to spill? And I was actually hoping something productive would happen.

I was not pissed that you joined the game at all. Please don't be a silent partner.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:33 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

I'm very confident that F-16 is town.

Vote Tiphaine

I hate to take pressure off vezok but this needs to happen. Still waiting for a response to my question.
TiphaineDeath
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:35 pm

Post by TiphaineDeath »

Your question is dumb, and so are you.

Credo-Supra-Veritate
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:37 pm

Post by RachMarie »

Thanks Tammy especially since you often see me as scummy that makes more sense on you and Nacho, so yeah you can go in my likely town pile And that jives with what I know about Nacho who does tend to read me as town generally.

Still want to know from SW (fery and falcon) about why their early town read on me.

Farside I did not say everyone voting me was scum, I was basing my read and vote on the WAY that Bit joined the wagon, and the fact that peeps were brushing him off as town and VI. I have seen him pull some pretty good stunts as scum before and even 3rd party.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:45 pm

Post by House »

VOTE: vezokpiraka

Awfully buddyish in the neighborhood. (Yes, I'm confirming he's in one. I'll also say it's a 4 man hood).

I'm nowhere near as confident we're in an all town hood as he seems to be, and he's kinda the reason why.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:48 pm

Post by Bitmap »

vezo hasn't posted much in here. :/
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”