Ultimate Videogame Topic 3: The Next Generation

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #42 (isolation #0) » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:22 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Actually trying to figure out how long it might be until the PS4 actually reaches a point where there is actually stock at retailers, and I'm hearing it might not be until March of next year. Holy crap.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #45 (isolation #1) » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:18 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 43, Battousai wrote:They said they'd have plenty in time for holidays, but they also said that they'd be restocking retailers Monday and that didn't happen.
They probably did and immediately sold out.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #48 (isolation #2) » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:06 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 46, Battousai wrote:The stores I called said they never received them, that Sony said they'd get there when they get there basically.
Once they send them, I'm not sure how much control they have over when they actually reach retailers. (Unless they're spending some serious coin on shipping which I doubt.)

I've assumed I won't be able to actually be able to get one until 2014.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #74 (isolation #3) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:00 am

Post by Zachrulez »

So we're considering the Wii U. (While we wait to actually be possible to purchase a PS4.) Does it even come close to being worth the money?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #76 (isolation #4) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:28 am

Post by Zachrulez »

We'd be getting either the Mario bundle or the Zelda one. (Probably the Mario bundle, especially as best buy is meant to be running a bundle on black Friday weekend that has Mario u and Luigi u along with Nintendoland and a Wii remote for $320.)

It also almost certainly dictates us getting another TV stand as the one we have is not going to accommodate the extra system.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #78 (isolation #5) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:38 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 77, Hiraki wrote:
In post 74, Zachrulez wrote:Does it even come close to being worth the money?
If you like Nintendo games (read: Super Mario 3D World, Smash, Pikmin 3[this isn't a system seller though], Zelda (Wind Waker or waiting for the Wii U title), Metroid and FE (since SMTxFE is somewhat still real?) then you should buy a Wii U.

Anything else? No, not really.
I haven't played any Nintendo exclusives since the N64, and out of Mario 64 and the two Zelda games, I only really enjoyed Orcarina of time. Would like to give Nintendo exclusives another chance, and buying the system would give us two generations of them. (The wii ones as well.) I'm just not sure if I'm going to be happy with what we get.

Mostly wondering if the newer Marios are more like Mario 3 on the NES and Super Mario World on the SNES and less like Mario 64. (I more or less outright dislike that game.)
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #81 (isolation #6) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:13 am

Post by Zachrulez »

One of the considerations is actually 2 player games. It's something you don't get much of outside of sports games on newer systems these days. You get online games that require you to buy a 2nd copy of the game and a 2nd copy of the console... argh.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #89 (isolation #7) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:53 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Might be interested in Rouge Legacy and Hammer Watch actually.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #109 (isolation #8) » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:10 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 103, Who wrote:Is PS+ worth it?

Also, God of War Saga is currently only 15$, I've never played GoW but I've heard good things about it, I'm buying it.
1 year memberships are on sale today only at $29.99 with a maximum quantity of 2. I am now a ps plus member until May of 2016.

Amazon, Best Buy, Wal Mart, Gamestop, and Toys R Us are the major retailers you can get the deal from I believe.

The free games are the reason we bought it, and are the reason we've extended our membership. I don't care nearly as much about online play.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #126 (isolation #9) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:28 am

Post by Zachrulez »

So I actually got the flagship in FTL after ages of having the game, and then the 2nd stage of it absolutely tore me apart.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRGH!
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #128 (isolation #10) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:41 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Didn't help that I tried to take on that form with missiles. Drone control defense systems are the worst.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #235 (isolation #11) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:28 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 227, inspiratieloos wrote:Uhm, there's a sale on today.

There's a 75% sale on it like once every two months, just get the base game, decide if you like it and if you do buy the DLC next sale, it's what I did.
I think I've got all the DLC except the last one now and I've bought all of them in a separate sale.
I still haven't even played it yet...
In post 233, mikeburnfire wrote:I got my friend Sonic 06 for his birthday (as a joke). He played it for two hours, and let me tell you:

It's the kind of game you have to play to believe. Youtube video's don't do it justice. It's looks so much worse in 60 FPS HD. And the controls-- dear god--- they are so difficult.
I think two hours is about how long it took me to trade it back in, if that.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #237 (isolation #12) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:55 am

Post by Zachrulez »

What's the difference between a king and an emperor?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #257 (isolation #13) » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:46 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 255, Natirasha wrote:Dude, Beyond: Two Souls is fucking hilarious. I forget who's stream I was watching when he got to the end and you can choose which of the four endings and one of them is with the inconsequential baby chick. Then everything post-credits is just so much lol.
Hey now I picked that ending and thought it was a pretty decent one until all the stuff that was tacked on at the very end. Was over the top and not needed. (With what this game has done in sales they're kidding themselves if they think it's getting a sequel.)
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #263 (isolation #14) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:50 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 261, Sudo_Nym wrote:I've been playing CiV lately since picking up BNW, and is it just me, or does the new expansion make the game a lot easier? Trade Routes seem to be broken in favor of the player, so far.
You mean with the caravans? It does make it easier to balance early on when you're struggling to build an economy. Helps me anyway as I have a tendency to expand way too fast.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #267 (isolation #15) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:56 am

Post by Zachrulez »

So we have a PS4 that's supposed to be coming on Tuesday. Now we just need to figure out what games we want for it.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #273 (isolation #16) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:47 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 271, tanstalas wrote:
In post 267, Zachrulez wrote:So we have a PS4 that's supposed to be coming on Tuesday. Now we just need to figure out what games we want for it.
I have like 7 games, basically all them aside from the sports games. AC4 was awesome if you didnt buy it on PS3/360 yet
Funny enough I put off buying the sports games cause I knew they were getting next gen releases and there was no point in having them on last gen if we were getting a next gen system.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #293 (isolation #17) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:35 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 287, Battousai wrote:You won't come off thinking your character is a selfish asshole, for one. Or at least if you do, he's dead so screw him.

And this game it doesn't feel like you are Joel. It feels more like a movie of sorts, at least it did to me.
Spoiler:
There's a somewhat important plot point that comes from listening to the various recordings of the doctors talking about the infection as you go to save Ellie from the surgery. Basically that she was not the only person who was immune and even after doing the same surgery to several other immune people they still had no cure. (I forget how many but I think it was dozens?) I mean when you're looking at it from the perspective of Joel selfishly saving Ellie and denying the world a cure, acquiring that little nugget of information is huge in gathering perspective on what Joel is doing. He's not denying the world a cure, he's saving Ellie from certain death from a procedure that hasn't gotten a cure and was unlikely to. (Insanity is trying the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.)

It's important perspective because it's the difference between denying a cure and saving Ellie from a senseless and fatal surgery.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #295 (isolation #18) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:48 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 294, Umbrage wrote:
In post 293, Zachrulez wrote:
In post 287, Battousai wrote:You won't come off thinking your character is a selfish asshole, for one. Or at least if you do, he's dead so screw him.

And this game it doesn't feel like you are Joel. It feels more like a movie of sorts, at least it did to me.
Spoiler:
There's a somewhat important plot point that comes from listening to the various recordings of the doctors talking about the infection as you go to save Ellie from the surgery. Basically that she was not the only person who was immune and even after doing the same surgery to several other immune people they still had no cure. (I forget how many but I think it was dozens?) I mean when you're looking at it from the perspective of Joel selfishly saving Ellie and denying the world a cure, acquiring that little nugget of information is huge in gathering perspective on what Joel is doing. He's not denying the world a cure, he's saving Ellie from certain death from a procedure that hasn't gotten a cure and was unlikely to. (Insanity is trying the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.)

It's important perspective because it's the difference between denying a cure and saving Ellie from a senseless and fatal surgery.
that would be a good reason for saving her, but it's clearly not his motivation
Spoiler:
I present it mostly because a large number of people who beat the game end up believing that Joel denies the world a cure through his own selfish motivations. In different circumstances he might have, but given the context of what was going on in the world there was no cure and probably never was going to be.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #339 (isolation #19) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:59 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 338, Vi wrote:Recurring question/challenge time.

Can someone find a good reason for me to purchase a game for my 3DS?
Bonus points if you push me over the edge to get a Wii U; there are some games that I'd like to try but I'm very shy about that price tag.
Here I was thinking you'd have arguments in favor of us getting a 3DS/Wii U. :P

I do actually want the Wii U for the Nintendo exclusives but the price tag is keeping me from getting it as well.

As far as the 3DS, the situation on handhelds at the moment is basically me wanting a 3DS, and the other half wanting a Vita. (With me not having much of an argument in favor of the 3DS other than it's overwhelming popularity vs the Vita.)
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #357 (isolation #20) » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:48 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 354, Svenskt Stål wrote:Went to the local store to buy myself an ps4, christmas gift from me to me, and its a 3 month waiting list
http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/ps4/

I used that site to check stock on a regular basis. Got mine from Amazon when a window opened up where they had stock for like 30 minutes.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #360 (isolation #21) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:05 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 359, Battousai wrote:It seems Xbox is not doing as well, always seems to be in stock. Of course, they could just have more product.

But it seems whatever the case, those who tried to make a profit on them were no longer able to after a couple of weeks. Microsoft and Sony both seemed ready this time around with plenty of product ready to go.
Their production is about the same. Microsoft is sending more units to the US than Sony is though, but worldwide they're about equal.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #370 (isolation #22) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:39 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 364, Battousai wrote:It also looks like 80% of xbox one buyers are coming from xbox 360s, while 60% of PS4 are coming from PS3 owners. Looks like the $100 price difference is a huge obstacle for Microsoft. I believe within the next year there will be a xbox one bundle without kinect.
I think the R&D they have spent on the Kinect is going to keep them from removing it from the system for some time. If the money that would be sunk on it wasn't an issue, it would have been removed from the system as a bundle already.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #387 (isolation #23) » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:02 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Anyone having trouble with the PS4 controller's analog stick? Been using one for less than 2 weeks and it's already showing signs of wear. It's ridiculous that these things should be wearing out this early when I've had controllers on the PS3 that have lasted years without any visible signs of wear in the analog sticks.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #389 (isolation #24) » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:03 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 388, CooLDoG wrote:I have heard of ps4 analog stick problems.
Mind you it's not actually cracked through yet and I read somewhere where a guy said that on his the crack basically wore away. (That would mean it might go away over time but I'm not sure that's actually GOOD.) The things do have a year warranty, but in the end I will probably end up putting my own plastic nubs on the things because it will drive me crazy otherwise.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #422 (isolation #25) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:06 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 415, xRECKONERx wrote:Last chance sale. I'm debating on getting:

Dark Souls + Age of Empires 2
Payday 2
Tomb Raider

Can only get one... I'm very torn.
The answer is always Dark Souls. So that option.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (isolation #26) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:15 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Dark Souls is still always the answer.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #428 (isolation #27) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:52 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Dark Souls is always the answer.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #433 (isolation #28) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:55 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 430, Flameaxe wrote:
In post 428, Zachrulez wrote:
Dark
Demon's Souls is always the answer.
Either sentence is acceptable.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #437 (isolation #29) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:33 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 412, zoraster wrote:does anyone know if there's a way to filter out "Early Access" games on Steam?
I don't like how they advertise them on the front page. They should at least be buried somewhere so you have to actively look for them.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #457 (isolation #30) » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:16 am

Post by Zachrulez »

So we have a Wii U now. Got the Mario bundle for it, and also Mario 3D world.

I actually like the game pad. It's neat to be able to play games on it when your other half is watching TV or playing on the PS4 or whatever.

I just need some suggestions for games aside from the Mario games we already have and the virtual console games I am eventually going to fill the system with...
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #459 (isolation #31) » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:16 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 458, Hiraki wrote:Pikmin 3 is fun but it's not worth 60 dollars for the time given.

Wind Waker HD is also good but it's not worth 60 dollars if you've played the GC Game. It's an upgrade but it's not significant enough to warrant a 60 dollar pricetag.
I think Wind Waker has actually dropped a little in price. (Or is simply on sale.) I haven't played it on GameCube, but the little bit I've played and what I've watched on you tube doesn't interest me at all.

It could be like Dragon Warrior 7 where it takes a little bit of time for the game to get interesting, but going through the intro of Wind Waker on the demo was just painful for me.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #509 (isolation #32) » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:19 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Hopefully Mike Tyson doesn't follow him into the game to knock him out.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #532 (isolation #33) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:45 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 527, Iecerint wrote:
In post 525, hasdgfas wrote:
In post 524, bv310 wrote:I didn't mind it, but it felt so out of place in the context of the narrative. I liked the Broken Steel ending slightly more.
The Fallout 3 ending was incredibly frustrating for me because
I couldn't send Fawkes when he's IMMUNE TO RADIATION

Plus, it just felt like a very predictable, fairly boring story, while New Vegas was far more interesting to me.
I think they patched that with Broken Steel.
They did.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #538 (isolation #34) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:03 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 537, hasdgfas wrote:
Spoiler:
You could send him in, but apparently it's "selfish" to do so, and "the bad ending", which doesn't make any sense. It's smart. Nobody's getting hurt at all, but apparently, because the point of that whole stupid thing is "selflessness" you're supposed to "sacrifice yourself" unnecessarily.
Spoiler:
I didn't really pay much attention to whether it was the good or bad ending, what was important to me was that my the decision to send Fawkes meant no one had to die. If that's a bad ending, I don't get it.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #572 (isolation #35) » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:57 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 570, Umbrage wrote:I haven't played Witcher 1, and I feel really guilty about that.
The first game's existence and the trouble I've had playing through it is the reason I haven't played the 2nd one yet.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #728 (isolation #36) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:39 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 727, Maruchan wrote:Also, OH MY GOD BANISHED!!!! THAT GAME IS AMAZING!!! http://store.steampowered.com/app/242920/ so addicting. It's like a super dumbed down dwarf fortress mimic that actually is fun and easy enough to understand, and SO ADDICTING.

but my people always starve in year 8/9
The game looks interesting enough when I was researching it, but I'm waiting for it to go on sale... because you can always get games cheaper than what their normal price is... eventually.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #734 (isolation #37) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:36 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 729, zoraster wrote:I feel like some of the hours on this are pretty off. Like I spent way more than 33m on Football Manager 2011.
I guess the couple of questions I would ask on that are whether you've had steam online the entire time you've played the game. I believe with some it's possible to play the game without having steam on at all, and I don't think it has any means to count the time unless you're actually on steam and online.

Might as well put mine up now.

My Steam Profile
(from SteamDB)

• Worth:
    $2186.47
  • Games owned:
  • Games not played:
  • Percentage:
    47%
  • Hours spent:
    1,613.1h
Given that the account is both mine and Sotty's 47% unplayed is very high. Been actively working to bring that number down, but I also notice that the list isn't entirely accurate as I'm seeing some games offhand that it's classified as not played that I know for a fact I have actually played.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #765 (isolation #38) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:27 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 750, zoraster wrote:i have a confession to make: I have never played either of the Baldur's Gate games. I'm kind of in the mood for something really statsy, so I'm looking at the enhanced versions on steam.

1. Interface is incredibly important to me. I have fond memories of games I used to play that I've tried playing now and the interfaces keep me from enjoying it. Will I be annoyed at the presumably still pretty old game despite "enhancements"?
2. Do I need to play 1 to Play 2?
3. Worth my time and money?
I've played the Dark Alliance Baldur's gates on the PS2.

Never got into the PC games. I think my time to play them passed years ago and they just look too old and outdated now.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #784 (isolation #39) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:54 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Well when they have the big sales a lot of the games come from mega bundles that you buy all in one, so that at least explains the high percentage of never played games at some level.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #810 (isolation #40) » Thu May 01, 2014 5:10 am

Post by Zachrulez »

http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail ... 3N9Jb2VtRt

So... should I get Pikmin, or Zelda with this deal?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #851 (isolation #41) » Tue May 13, 2014 4:07 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Xbox One is officially releasing a kinectless sku.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/05/xbox-deliv ... re-choices

So 8 months after release they have the console they should have announced in the first place.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #890 (isolation #42) » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:00 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 888, Chevre wrote:Just figured I'd let everyone and anyone know before this runs out in approx. 1 and a half days! This Weekly Humble Bundle lets you get the wonderful RPG Maker for a fraction of what it would normally cost! the first tier gives you the newest version, but the $6 and $12 tiers provide more dlc and games for you to mess around with.
I'm curious about the games. I had some interest in the maker but never pulled the trigger because of how much it cost. If the games that come with it are good, I could easily grab this and not feel bad if I happen to never actually use the maker itself.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #892 (isolation #43) » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:39 am

Post by Zachrulez »

We have found 150cc to be brutal, 100cc to be challenging, (We can generally finish on the high end there, but winning is often problematic.) and 50cc to be easy mode.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #916 (isolation #44) » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:44 am

Post by Zachrulez »

So I've played a little bit of the wind waker HD having gotten it as a free download for buying mario kart, and what's one of the first things you run into when you start the game?

This.

I have no idea why Nintendo felt the need to include that detail with the kid. It's all I can think about when I think about that first island now.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #925 (isolation #45) » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:00 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 923, Oversoul wrote:Windwaker has some funny characters.
Particularly at the beginning with that kid it's a real turn off. The game does have some potential and I do quite enjoy the core game play, it's just what you have to go through to reach that part. I also didn't care for the early game puzzle where you have to find the 4 kids. I basically used youtube to beat it because I couldn't find one of them and the other was in a tree and I couldn't figure out how to get him down.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #938 (isolation #46) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:57 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Skyrim was kind of a bust for me. Can't really say why. I just have trouble really feeling that game I guess.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #941 (isolation #47) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:05 am

Post by Zachrulez »

^ Also that. Skyrim will probably get cheaper.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #944 (isolation #48) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:44 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 942, zoraster wrote:
In post 940, Venmar wrote:
In post 937, zoraster wrote:Got Enemy Within for $10. Considering Skyrim at the same price. I dont' think I'll like it, but for ten bucks, maybe worth a shot?\
Skyrim is a game that will almost most definitely get its own flash sale or daily sale, it did during the Winter Sale. Wait a couple days, it will drop to like 5 or 7 bucks. Also, I would get the legendary edition, since it has all of the dlcs.

This is the principle of steam sales. Wait for daily sales and flash sales for your games :P, if they haven't gone on sale by the end of the sale, then buy them on the second last day.
I don't really know why i'd bother with the legendary edition unless it makes the base game significantly more fun rather than offering EVEN MORE content, as if I'll play through the whole base game.
Maybe if Legendary edition drops to 10 or close to it?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #959 (isolation #49) » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:15 am

Post by Zachrulez »

I think we also got placed on the pink team, but that may not help the pinks cause I'm not sure we'll even be buying anything...
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #988 (isolation #50) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:17 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Square's cloud save feature for the Final Fantasy games on the PC is actually neat. We lost a lot of our game saves when our old sandisk solid state drive decided it didn't like working correctly anymore, but my FF7 game where I just crossed the ocean from Junon survived it all due to the power of the cloud. I actually had 7 from the square store, but bought the steam version of 7 and 8 because square doesn't let you redownload the game from their own store for really dumb reasons. (And my surviving install file download got corrupted.) They were just over 4 dollars each so no big deal.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #990 (isolation #51) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:26 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Saints Row IV is 10 dollars. Yeah, no way Sotty is not grabbing that.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #996 (isolation #52) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:33 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 994, zoraster wrote:finally got FTL. Played through once, lost to the flagship in the second round.
*Envious*

For some reason I struggle a lot to get to the flagship. I've only managed it once, even on easy.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1014 (isolation #53) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:30 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 1006, zoraster wrote:was doing so well in FTL... then i forgot to fix the oxygen and left my computer for a second to find my 7 crew members dead. hurrah.
That is the most annoying way to die.

What's worse is when you see it, but the air is already thin enough to where you have to watch your crew die.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1410 (isolation #54) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:04 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 1391, Untrod Tripod wrote:oh, it doesn't meet the minimum requirements >_>

apparently having a quad core is necessary now?

Or a hyperthreading capable dual core from what I'm reading... assuming I'm reading it correctly. Core 2 duo can only do 2 threads, and you need a processor that can do 4.

Edit: Also this might help your situation but I don't have a core 2 duo so I can't test it myself. http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inq ... -p/3994141
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1411 (isolation #55) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:17 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 1398, zoraster wrote:don't most gamers have quad cores (or more if you use AMD)? My machine is 3 years old and it wasn't even an option to get a dual core when I was looking, and my machine wasn't top of the line or anything.

You'd be surprised.

For example: http://www.microcenter.com/product/4374 ... p_Computer

Keep in mind also that many i3s and i5s that are not obsolete are also dual core processors, so I think Bioware made the minimum requirements very limiting. Hyperthreaded processors apparently can work but aren't actually supported. Messed up IMO.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1413 (isolation #56) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:39 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 1412, zoraster wrote:things are made obsolete when software is put out that can't use it. also, who uses an HP ProDesk for gaming? doesn't even have a graphics card. i'm not saying that all computers use quad cores. just that anyone who games is getting one.

I mean that was literally the first one I found with an older duo core so there's probably others that are actually better for gaming, and you'd be surprised what people will buy and use to play games with to save money. Generally a CPU is less important than a graphics card as well. After a ram upgrade to 8gb and a relatively modest graphics card that prodesk could play quite a few games.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1414 (isolation #57) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:16 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

On another topic, the season pass for WWE2k15 includes 3 dlc packs, and then they are going to release 3 more that AREN'T included with the season pass. Are companies just deliberately getting more evil with this stuff? The cost for the DLC is almost enough to purchase the game itself twice over.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1559 (isolation #58) » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:08 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Does anyone have any opinions on Final Fantasy III? It's 7.99 on steam and never played it before but thinking about getting it cause it's the cheapest I've seen the game at.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1593 (isolation #59) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:15 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

The approval system is really an unnecessary attempt to add realism/complexity to the game. Really what does it lead to? Forcing you to go through the game in a specific way to try to make everyone happy so that you can max their approval and not miss any of those juicy story points. Why exactly is that better than just having all the content accessible without having to go through such a ridiculous system? Sometimes simple is better.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1603 (isolation #60) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:21 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 1599, hasdgfas wrote:
In post 1592, Sudo_Nym wrote:One of the big problems I have with the companions in Awakening is that you mostly gain approval from them by giving them gifts- if you don't find every gift, or get confused and give one to the wrong person (and it's much less intuitive as to which gift is intending for whom), you can miss out on the bonus. This is especially bad for Oghren, since his approval resets for Awakening, but his gift counter doesn't, so any gifts you gave him in Origins will make gifting less effective in Awakening.

Also infuriating is that most of the companion dialogues are triggered not by talking to them, but finding the right interaction spot in the world somewhere. So if you don't take every companion to every location with you, you'll miss out on chances for approval.

Yeah. I like the fact that all the gifts are more unique as opposed to slight variants on the same type of item. But it makes it
much
harder to figure out who wants what. Unless you have the conversations with them about the arbitrary items before you find the items. I still really like awakening's story more than Origins, but Origins is cleaner and more polished, and Party Camp is the best.

When I started a play through recently I found a whole ton of gifts I can just give to my party members. I don't remember coming upon them in my first play through so maybe that was meant to be the shortcut if you didn't want to spend multiple playthroughs getting the interactions right?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1616 (isolation #61) » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:56 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

So Duck Tales remastered hit PS Plus this month and I've found myself quite annoyed at the changes they made to the original levels and the bosses. The final level is the one that gets me really annoyed, as the changes they made to it make it frustratingly difficult... at least for me. This is a game that I more or less casually marched through on the NES and I can't get past the last level on the remake... urgh.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1641 (isolation #62) » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:06 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Lightning returns is so weird. You level up by doing quests and not by fighting battles? Ok then...
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1678 (isolation #63) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:12 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Hey Rouge Legacy is on PS Plus.

Will probably be trying that out in the near future.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1684 (isolation #64) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:18 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 1683, quadz08 wrote:Anybody else with Civ V: BNW having issues with the game crashing upon startup? Just started today for me, not sure what's going on.

Seems to work fine for me. There are apparently a lot of things that can happen to keep it from running, here is a list of quite a few issues. http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=1440616
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1690 (isolation #65) » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:38 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

So I got the star wars humble bundle the other day. Got a couple of extra games. I can gift Knights of the old republic 1 and 2 apparently, but I stupidly redeemed Force Unleashed 2 which I already had a copy of. Have a steam key for it, but not sure if it will work for anyone else. If anyone is interested in any of the games they could give that one a shot I guess.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1732 (isolation #66) » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:42 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 1724, esuriospiritus wrote:
In post 1721, Sudo_Nym wrote:So far, everything appears to be corridors, but I'm sure that'll go away after the tutorial is over.

Not sure if you're joking or serious but nope, a good 85% of the game is corridors.

They're very pretty corridors, though.

I was going to say about 3/4ths of the game, but yeah, it's very linear. XIII-2 was more open strangely. Lightning returns was very different. I was lost about the story throughout the whole thing though.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1872 (isolation #67) » Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:40 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

I could see 25% off for Witcher 3. Probably not more than that though.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1904 (isolation #68) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:19 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

If anyone enjoys nestalgia I'm going to be going through the game again and I have experience with it from back when it was a free to play game.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1909 (isolation #69) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:12 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

What the hell? We invested 100 dollars into a sony headset to be able to chat on streams and what not, and the earpieces have hinges are held together by two cheap plastic pieces one of which cracked off one of mine. What a piece of crap.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1927 (isolation #70) » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:32 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

I get to wait for it's timed exclusivity to end and the price to massively drop after that.

Managed to beat Bloodborne today. Thought it was a better spiritual successor to dark souls then the sequel was. Not to say Dark Souls 2 was a bad game, but it loses something in the sequel.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1945 (isolation #71) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:04 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

So uhhh... anyone else play rocket league?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1947 (isolation #72) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:38 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

It just dropped on plus, so I got it for free. Sotty said people were talking it up so we gave it a try. Was a lot more fun than I thought it was going to be.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1951 (isolation #73) » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:36 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

I am so lost in prison architect. Seem to run out of money around the time the prisoners actually want stuff I can't afford.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2004 (isolation #74) » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:55 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 2002, hasdgfas wrote:Has anyone else picked up Super Mario Maker? Bought it this morning, made one level so far: BEB9-0000-0026-5EEB if anyone's interested

I've got a simplish level as well. B4A1-0000-0024-7824

Just messing around with it trying to unlock all the course elements.

In post 2003, Oman wrote:Fuuuuck I need a wii u so I can play Mario maker.

Wait for the Mario Maker Wii U bundle that is inevitably coming.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2275 (isolation #75) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:52 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Anyone here play F1 2014? I want to give Co-Op championship a go at some point, but I don't know of anyone who would want to play the game.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2279 (isolation #76) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:48 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

I thought they undid that DRM?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2781 (isolation #77) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:02 am

Post by Zachrulez »

I think I had an expansion pak back in the day. It seems absurd to require that to play any N64 games but I'm sure Nintendo got away with it because Nintendo.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2782 (isolation #78) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:08 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 2753, Mina wrote:So I made a poor life decision. Instead of going for a well-rounded collection of games during the most recent Steam Sale, I picked up Witcher 3, and then later went, "Wait, apparently, the first two games have backstory relevant to the third! I should get those as well when they're only $4 together!" I also decided I should actually play the copy of Dragon Age I've had for years. Unfortunately, after trying DA and the first Witcher, I came to a few conclusions: 1) Dragon Age and Witcher are extremely similar games, 2) although I enjoy them, there's only so much Western D&D-style RPG I can play before it feels like a slog (particularly with my motion sickness issues), and 3) there's no way I'll ever have the time to finish all four games unless I never do anything productive again.

So I'd like advice: which game of the four should I become invested in and waste the next 80 hours of my life on? Or should I play like a couple of hours of the Witcher prequels just to get a general idea before the third? I care most about the fun factor; a good story is also a plus.
I ran into the same trap with the Witcher series and it's basically led to me finishing none of the games in the series because the 1st is kind of a major sticking/stopping point for me. So I'm in the situation where I've only actually completed Dragon Age Origins.

I'd say Witcher 3 if you're looking for the best possible game to play. If you're feeling completionist about that and don't want to play 3 before the other 2. Dragon Age Origins would probably be the easiest one to pick up because it's both a good game, and is 1st in it's order in the Dragon Age series.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2784 (isolation #79) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:08 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Donkey Kong 64 definitely was bundled with it... but I have not found anything on the net stating the same to be true for Majora's Mask (Which also requires it.)
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2787 (isolation #80) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:36 am

Post by Zachrulez »

I've personally never played DK64 nor have I beaten Majora's Mask...

I think I ended up with an expansion pak in my original N64 because my cousin talked me into buying it. So funny enough I never ran into the whole issue of trying to play Majora's Mask without it but I easily could have.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2789 (isolation #81) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:43 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

I could never really figure out/understand Majora's mask.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2823 (isolation #82) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:28 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 2806, Sudo_Nym wrote:Well, that feels pretty bullshit, but at the same time, I think they figured out that Andromeda's system was not what Mass Effect players wanted, so they're better off focusing on ME5 to right the ship instead of pumping out DLC for ME4.
Honestly with every other developer under the sun doing PS4/Xbone re-masters I am shocked that EA hasn't put out a mass effect trilogy on that console... especially when you consider that the third game in particular kind of struggled to hit a decent frame rate. It seems like a no brainer to put it back out there with the newer tech and milk some more money out of it.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2834 (isolation #83) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:25 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Did anyone really get anything out of the Xenoblade X ending other than pure confusion? If so please enlighten me? (Without spoiling the game for anyone else obviously.)
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2838 (isolation #84) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:58 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

It was a pretty decent action RPG from my recollection but nothing groundbreaking. I never finished it or got particularly far in it and I think that might say something about the game.

Return to “The Arcade”