Lyserg-Zeroz
Lyserg-Zeroz
Townie
Lyserg-Zeroz
Townie
Townie

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:56 am

Post by Lyserg-Zeroz »

(^@Metal: When I asked "you two scumbuddies?" I actually meant Lal and you, but carry on with that discussion).

Finishing post and some talk about new stuff too:
@Young: I'm in this annoying place regarding West where I like stuff that he says, even when I don't completely agree with it, and where I make myself really suspicious about the little things I don't like (when I feel he is exaggerating his points) and really don't want to let go off those feelings. If you want something more tangible, "nullscum" I suppose, while not feeling like I can make a reasonable push yet.

In post 340, Lalendra wrote:Also the reason my reasoning for the Ari vote contains little of your argument is because I was given so much crap for agreeing with you and disliking the naked vote that I felt I should put together more solid points instead of going "yeah, what west said."

Poop =I... Hm... gonna try putting the mindset behind my original question into words: "I feel like Lal came in with a read similar to mine on Ari; I look at West's points and the idea of Ari being Ari still makes me doubt some of that. Lal doesn't seem to have those same doubts thou, so I wanna know more about her reads on Ari, which parts of what West said changed Lal's mind and what of her previous read of Ari still lingers, if anything", which is why I actually wanted to hear which parts were the "yeah, what West said" parts. Not mentioning how and where West swayed you makes it harder for me to understand the evolution of that read, additionally the way you put it makes me feel like you are retconning your first Ari-read here, specially because you mention some stuff that does align with West's reasoning, but your wording makes it seem to me as if it was all yours (like the first points there about how Ari's "we could both be scum" is weird)... but whatever. (Also, I assume that when Ari mentioned that a lynch could prove he is townie, he meant a lynch on him =P).

@Ginko: Acryon wagon is sexy and all, but I feel like you are being too dismissive of the Lalendra wagon. Some of that contrived reasoning and the reactionary not curious attitude (that aligns with meta) feels like more than just weirdness to me. Also: "Willingness to change reads is townie" Applies to Acryon: Yes, no? why?

I feel like farside is giving some of those towniepoints to Acryon for the wrong reasons. Some of those come down to making an effort and having stuff she agrees with =/ (I also feel it lacks paranoia about scum maybe genuinely scumhunting, but I guess that's just my personal view on the matter). Vyse's post about the farside read aren't bad except for still bringing up part iv) of that one Ginko post, which I'd say is outdated. I don't want to default to "lol newb mistakes" on everything Lal thou, I remember one time being too lenient with first time playing scum because of that kind of mentality and another trying to protect a scummate with that.

@Acryon: I sorta thought you'd see my confusion and help me understand your "scumslips" read on me that I don't get at all :C, so Imma just ask now: What do you mean with that, yo? And...
Some of the comments from Vyse in posts like 288 felt like genuine scum-hunting to me, even if they involved me
you just gave reasoning for a townVyse 0.0(?), but wasn't he on the scum side of your readslist? Also, yep, talk about West's placement too. Your initial townlean on him didn't seem strong () but that he is below people like Prawn or YYR (whose placement on the readslist seems to be just because nothings seems scummy to you of what little they've posted) still caught my attention.

On another note, the apparent hypocrisy of Lal's suspicion on me isn't what bothered me there: (still @Acryon) Don't you think the context of those votes were different enough that the "contradiction" isn't as brash as you are making it out to be?
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:12 am

Post by acryon »

In post 375, Lyserg-Zeroz wrote:
@Acryon: I sorta thought you'd see my confusion and help me understand your "scumslips" read on me that I don't get at all :C, so Imma just ask now: What do you mean with that, yo? And...

Posts like and have examples of this, but it's a general focus on questioning people's
wording
rather than their intentions.

In post 375, Lyserg-Zeroz wrote:
Some of the comments from Vyse in posts like 288 felt like genuine scum-hunting to me, even if they involved me
you just gave reasoning for a townVyse 0.0(?), but wasn't he on the scum side of your readslist?

That was me misreading the question from Ginko. I misread it as why Vyse was that low on the scum-list as in less scummy, so I gave reasons why he was less likely to be scum than the others.

In post 375, Lyserg-Zeroz wrote:Also, yep, talk about West's placement too. Your initial townlean on him didn't seem strong () but that he is below people like Prawn or YYR (whose placement on the readslist seems to be just because nothings seems scummy to you of what little they've posted) still caught my attention.

West's position on the list has to do with an admittedly premature associative tell. In determining my list, I put together what I thought were likely scum and werewolf teams. At the time, I thought West seemed like he could be on a team with Lalendra. But keep in mind this is a very weak read. Every person needed to be placed, but it doesn't mean their positions on the list are staggered equally, as I indicated in my initial post.

In post 375, Lyserg-Zeroz wrote:On another note, the apparent hypocrisy of Lal's suspicion on me isn't what bothered me there: (still @Acryon) Don't you think the context of those votes were different enough that the "contradiction" isn't as brash as you are making it out to be?

No, the context wasn't different enough. As I said in , if your point is that it was too early to put someone close to lynch when someone puts another to L-4 with less than 2 weeks left, then putting someone to L-1 with still a week left is definitely bad. In short, the difference in time is not enough to outweigh the difference in number of votes on the wagon.
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:44 am

Post by Metalcyanide »

In post 374, West9 wrote:
In post 336, Metalcyanide wrote: :eek: they figured out Ari and I are scum buddies :lol:, no but seriously if Ari was going for a reaction vote his vote could really only be on me since I was the latest person to vote for him and his reasoning was I jumped on a bandwagon.
Why are you defending Ari? Why are you defending Ari's scumread on you? Why are you using reasoning that doesn't exist anywhere in Ari's ISO? Why are you even answering this question? What the ACTUAL FUCK is this?

I read the scum distancing thing as Ari trying to distance himself from me not Lal and me being scum buddies so let me try that sentance again the way you read it :eek: they figured out
Ari
Lal and I are scum buddies :lol:

Anyways, who said I was defending Ari. If you haven't noticed I'm still voting for him and have him as my best scum read. The rest of it was just me analyzing his move. Also, I didn't defend his scum read on me I just said he used me as the reaction bait. And I anwsered it because I wanted to.
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:45 am

Post by Metalcyanide »

In post 375, Lyserg-Zeroz wrote:(^@Metal: When I asked "you two scumbuddies?" I actually meant Lal and you, but carry on with that discussion).

Sorry, what I wrote was the beggining and end of the discussion. I'm not buddies with anyone.
Honey bee
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:37 am

Post by Honey bee »

Vote count 1.10

Lalendra (5):
acryon, Aristophanes, orcinus_theoriginal, YRR, Lyserg-Zeroz
Aristophanes (4):
West9, Metalcyanide, farside22, Lalendra
acryon (3):
VysePresident, Ginko, prawneater

Not voting:
With 12 alive It takes 7 to lynch. Day ends in: (expired on 2015-01-22 22:14:00)
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:05 pm

Post by Metalcyanide »

In post 341, Ginko wrote:
@Metal
, didn't you say Lalendra and Acryon were leaning town?
-Cheetory6

Changed my mind on Acryon with post
Yes I did say I was leaning town with Lal and I placed her in the wrong list. But honetly whatever on that one null read town read just basically means I'm not interested in her at the moment.
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:28 pm

Post by Lalendra »

In post 356, Lyserg-Zeroz wrote:(someone mentioned not knowing how to spoiler here, that's with the "spoiler=" button)

I tried that and it turned my text weird colors and didn't spoiler it out. I tried like three different ways. </3
In post 368, Ginko wrote:I'm willing to vote for Lalendra to avoid no lynch, but I'd rather lynch someone I'm actually scumreading.

:’(
In post 371, acryon wrote:In post 370, Ginko wrote:
Do you think that everyone thinks that naked votes are null? Also, she doesn't just say it's the naked vote, as she also points to finding West's points more convincing after reading them again.

No, which is why I noted it as such that some would say it's scummy, but even then it still just isn't the tipping point; I don't think anyone things it's scummy enough to be that. To me, it felt more like she saw farside's post saying she felt Lal was scummy, and this caused Lal to quickly move forward with the Ari wagon rather than screw around with another direction. Which would also explain the contradiction in her play here vs what she chastised Lyserg for.

I voted for Ari in vote 171 and didn’t address farside’s points until 172. Those were two separate posts because I was on my phone, catching up on a lot and posting as I read, not easy to do multiquotes and such that way. Chronologically my vote for Ari came before I even read farside's post.

In post 374, West9 wrote:In post 340, Lalendra wrote:
@West - I admitted he has a point, didn't say it changed my opinion about ari, which is why my vote is still there. I said that clearly in my post. Also the reason my reasoning for the Ari vote contains little of your argument is because I was given so much crap for agreeing with you and disliking the naked vote that I felt I should put together more solid points instead of going "yeah, what west said."

I was talking about your read on ME, not on Ari. Also, it seems that you agree that your initial point of "yeah, what west said" was not strong.

If I had responded to a request for more information by just reiterating the fact that I agreed with what you said, no, it wouldn’t have been strong. That’s why I included detailed information about my thought process leading up to that point, to illustrate that I had doubts about Ari stemming from evidence other than just your post.

In post 374, West9 wrote:In post 315, prawneater wrote:
Re: Ginko, West9, VysePresident, farside22 - their recent posts feel very town. Maybe I'm too easily swayed by textwalls though.
Here's my list from towniest to scummiest:

farside22
lyserg
west9
vyse
ginko
lalendra
aristophanes
orcinus
acryon
metalcyanide

I dunno where to put YYR yet.

There's a couple of bad things here. How did Young go from "I don't know" to "let's lynch him?" How come you don't mention metal in the list of people you'd be fine lynching? And though I'm not a fan of an abundance of nulls in a readslist, it seems like you have everyone divided up into very solid "scum" and "town" sets. I'm not sure if I'm explaining this point well, but it feels like you have a scum/town Venn Diagram that is just comprised of two completely separated circles.

Can you explain this more? I’m not seeing the “solid scum and town sets,” he lays out four people he thinks are town and then puts the rest on a sliding scale. None of his reads seem particularly strong, as his town reads are wishy-washy, and there isn’t really any info to back up the rest, so I’m not really seeing any “solid” sets at all, actually.

In post 378, Metalcyanide wrote:
In post 375, Lyserg-Zeroz wrote:(^@Metal: When I asked "you two scumbuddies?" I actually meant Lal and you, but carry on with that discussion).

Sorry, what I wrote was the beggining and end of the discussion. I'm not buddies with anyone.

You’re not buddies with five other townies? SCUM
In post 380, Metalcyanide wrote:
In post 341, Ginko wrote:
@Metal
, didn't you say Lalendra and Acryon were leaning town?
-Cheetory6

Changed my mind on Acryon with post
Yes I did say I was leaning town with Lal and I placed her in the wrong list. But honetly whatever on that one null read town read just basically means I'm not interested in her at the moment.

What do you mean when you say you placed me in the wrong list? Just a typo? Also I think there’s a significant difference between null read and town read.
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:30 pm

Post by Metalcyanide »

In post 381, Lalendra wrote:
What do you mean when you say you placed me in the wrong list? Just a typo? Also I think there’s a significant difference between null read and town read.

Yes it was a typo. I don't focus well at 1am (or ever) but ya you ended up in the wrong list. I don't belive you are scum at this time.

Right now in D1 I don't think the differance between null and town is all that important if you have other scum reads. Going forward in the game I should have reads on everyone and a null read will actually be a bad thing.
Ginko
Ginko
Townie
Ginko
Townie
Townie

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:30 pm

Post by Ginko »

farside wrote:I was wondering why you said nothing about lal's cases which is basically full of missing things said in the game to create a case and why your fine with her "case" in ari.
I could be wrong, but it seems like you're trying to frame that it's off that I would comment on other people being opportunistic with their votes on Ari, but that I'm not scumreading Lalendra for having a case with holes in it?
I mean, if that's the case, I'm just not reading her intentions as being opportunistic to the same degree that I would for others. I kind of expect Lalendra or Aristophanes to be more likely to go after things that might not make a ton of sense. Scumtells don't work well when applied universally to every kind of player in every situation and I haven't seen the opportunism in the same way with Lalendra's case on Aristophanes.

West wrote:Gink, I'm not really feeling this Acryon wagon. Want to hear your thoughts on what I just said about Prawn.
I don't think readlists like prawn's are super out of the ordinary on this site. I had some weird vibes about prawn's first few posts, but I'm not feeling anything strong about him anymore. I'd like you to tell me what you think about acryon's 'flipping read' on Vyse.

West wrote:I think it's really telling that she went back on this point as well, though.
Eh. Was kind of worried that I might have missed a point somewhere along the way, but she also says this:
Lalendra wrote:Also the reason my reasoning for the Ari vote contains little of your argument is because I was given so much crap for agreeing with you and disliking the naked vote that I felt I should put together more solid points instead of going "yeah, what west said."
Is she really going back against your points if she later admits to this here or do you think she would blatantly backtrack like this?

Lyserg wrote:@Ginko: Acryon wagon is sexy and all, but I feel like you are being too dismissive of the Lalendra wagon. Some of that contrived reasoning and the reactionary not curious attitude (that aligns with meta) feels like more than just weirdness to me.
I'll try my best to read some of her stuff on D2 and compare tomorrow, but I just don't have any time right now. I don't know if I can see the lack of curious stuff without properly comparing the two playstyles.

Lyserg wrote:Also: "Willingness to change reads is townie" Applies to Acryon: Yes, no? why?
Eh? I feel like that's a strong blanket statement about changing a read on someone o.o
Is there a specific example of acryon's reads changing that you feel I should be looking at? I can check back later but I just don't have much time right now.

Acryon mixing up his read on Vyse feels badddd. I could see logically see townbad, but man my gut is screaming scum at that whole flipflop. I feel like if he was genuinely scumreading Vyse from before and had actually mixed up the meaning of Lyserg's question, he would have said it was weird that Lyserg was asking him for reasons why he would think Vyse is more likely to be town. I also dislike that he dodged answering Lyserg about West.

Orci and Young really need to do stuff.
Because they're fucking scary bastards and I don't like how quiet they're being q.q

-Cheetory6
Hydra of JohnnyFarrar and Cheetory6.
YYR
YYR
Goon
YYR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:47 pm

Post by YYR »

In post 341, Ginko wrote:iii) I've said I'll look at Lalendra today and I honestly hadn't realized the deadline was that close so I'll make it a promise if it'll make you happy. Why does the fact that there's only three days left make you think the game is set in stone? It's the same length of deadline as it was back on D2?

What about the Lalendra wagon do you like? Give me specific points.
Also, I'd like your thoughts on West pls and ty.

Comparing how days develop here versus on D2 is a silly point to make, but I'll admit to making it a bigger deal than it is. The fact you built a sizable Acryon wagon is probably proof enough of that. I like the Lalendra wagon because it's not the Ari wagon, and she's scummy. I don't feel like regurgitating a mix of points others have made. As in, I read the thread and felt that's where my vote was best. Feel free to apply the points made by others before my vote if you really care to apply specific points to me.

I mean, the Acryon wagon is somewhat tempting if I didn't think Ginko's point of entry on that wagon was kind of grasping at straws, but I'm probably not giving him enough credit. Trying to read it from his point of view, it seems like trying too hard to conform to a typical standard way of playing town which I could honestly see both from scum or inexperienced town in this setup (assuming Acryon is inexperienced). At the very least, there's something about Acryon's play that bugs that I'm not sure is just his playstyle or if he's acting weird.

Ginko, West is okay? I've read over his points on Aristophanes a few times, kind of flipping back and forth on what I think. I think the only point where I just kind of looked at any post funny was when he said that he didn't like the Ari wagon because Lal was on it and then going that he didn't like the Lal wagon because Ari was on it. Although I didn't reach any meaningful conclusion on that, so meh. Part of me thinks Lyserg/West could be a scumteam, although I don't have much to say on that other than their interactions seem odd to me in a way I can't explain.

Catching up because it seems I'm in a perpetual state of catching up in this game.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:48 pm

Post by farside22 »

I'm still reading but I saw lyse comment about my town read so I'm going to explain a bit of what I see more times then not come from scum.

Scum tend to be very uninvolved in scum hunting aspect. Typically weak cases, weak reasons, somewhat low under the radar. When you have 2 scum groups to content with this practice tends to be more prevalent because as scum they worry about being killed by the other team if they are too town.
So when I read lal as scum and let's say she is scum acryon looks more town pushing against scum and maybe targeted for said push.
Second thing for my town read is no one has really put any case against him as why he is scummy.

*Gets off soap box to finish read.*
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:00 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 383, Ginko wrote:
farside wrote:I was wondering why you said nothing about lal's cases which is basically full of missing things said in the game to create a case and why your fine with her "case" in ari.
I could be wrong, but it seems like you're trying to frame that it's off that I would comment on other people being opportunistic with their votes on Ari, but that I'm not scumreading Lalendra for having a case with holes in it?
I mean, if that's the case, I'm just not reading her intentions as being opportunistic to the same degree that I would for others. I kind of expect Lalendra or Aristophanes to be more likely to go after things that might not make a ton of sense. Scumtells don't work well when applied universally to every kind of player in every situation and I haven't seen the opportunism in the same way with Lalendra's case on Aristophanes.

West wrote:Gink, I'm not really feeling this Acryon wagon. Want to hear your thoughts on what I just said about Prawn.
I don't think readlists like prawn's are super out of the ordinary on this site. I had some weird vibes about prawn's first few posts, but I'm not feeling anything strong about him anymore. I'd like you to tell me what you think about acryon's 'flipping read' on Vyse.

West wrote:I think it's really telling that she went back on this point as well, though.
Eh. Was kind of worried that I might have missed a point somewhere along the way, but she also says this:
Lalendra wrote:Also the reason my reasoning for the Ari vote contains little of your argument is because I was given so much crap for agreeing with you and disliking the naked vote that I felt I should put together more solid points instead of going "yeah, what west said."
Is she really going back against your points if she later admits to this here or do you think she would blatantly backtrack like this?

Lyserg wrote:@Ginko: Acryon wagon is sexy and all, but I feel like you are being too dismissive of the Lalendra wagon. Some of that contrived reasoning and the reactionary not curious attitude (that aligns with meta) feels like more than just weirdness to me.
I'll try my best to read some of her stuff on D2 and compare tomorrow, but I just don't have any time right now. I don't know if I can see the lack of curious stuff without properly comparing the two playstyles.

Lyserg wrote:Also: "Willingness to change reads is townie" Applies to Acryon: Yes, no? why?
Eh? I feel like that's a strong blanket statement about changing a read on someone o.o
Is there a specific example of acryon's reads changing that you feel I should be looking at? I can check back later but I just don't have much time right now.

Acryon mixing up his read on Vyse feels badddd. I could see logically see townbad, but man my gut is screaming scum at that whole flipflop. I feel like if he was genuinely scumreading Vyse from before and had actually mixed up the meaning of Lyserg's question, he would have said it was weird that Lyserg was asking him for reasons why he would think Vyse is more likely to be town. I also dislike that he dodged answering Lyserg about West.

Orci and Young really need to do stuff.
Because they're fucking scary bastards and I don't like how quiet they're being q.q

-Cheetory6

This is awful.
You basically read as ignoring anything lal or ari saws and reading them as newbs.
Another example of why I don't like your reads is here you talk about acryon comment about vser but say nothing about metals read or pawn reads that change and are not explained for it.

I find it difficult to believe your scum read is valid when others do the same thing.

My scum reads stand as lal/metal/ginkgo and ari/orc.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:13 pm

Post by VysePresident »

In post 385, farside22 wrote:I'm still reading but I saw lyse comment about my town read so I'm going to explain a bit of what I see more times then not come from scum.

Scum tend to be very uninvolved in scum hunting aspect. Typically weak cases, weak reasons, somewhat low under the radar. When you have 2 scum groups to content with this practice tends to be more prevalent because as scum they worry about being killed by the other team if they are too town.
So when I read lal as scum and let's say she is scum acryon looks more town pushing against scum and maybe targeted for said push.
Second thing for my town read is no one has really put any case against him as why he is scummy.

*Gets off soap box to finish read.*

Typically, yes, but I know from personal experience as scum, and

that it's actually really freaking easy to

Also, Werewolves don't have
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:14 pm

Post by VysePresident »

...I hate the touchpad on my laptop so much. Half a sec for the full post.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:51 pm

Post by VysePresident »

Sorry, got distracted on a thread walk.

Anyway, that tell can be a useful starting point, but it's not the be-all, end-all, particularly against more experienced players. Acryon doesn't read like potential Newb-Scum to me. He feels level-headed enough not to get tripped up so easily by the little stuff.

I'm primarily looking at his manner of scumhunting, and it feels really shallow. There've been a couple of things I've liked about his play individually. actually feels pretty decent, outside of context, and I liked the post where he questioned your thoughts on Lal's play just being Newbish.

However, the majority of it has been pushing weak 'tells', like Lal's Ari vote. It feels like an unnatural read on his part - I've played with enough newbies on my other site to feel that freaking out over a wagon isn't particularly alignment indicative, and I think Acryon threw out the possibility of Newbish play too quickly.

Also, I'm noting his focus is primarily accusatory when he's left to his own devices, and that's a serious red flag for me as well.

The problem with the Lalendra case is that I'm not really sure what she's supposed to be doing that's scummy. She's tripping over herself somewhat, but it doesn't seem to add up to anything yet. I'm not Townreading her by any stretch, but nothing's actually pinging hard enough for me to be particularly interested, either. As far as I'm concerned, it's borderline to being a blind lynch.

Also, as a counterpoint to scum fearing a NK, I'll point out there's a team in this game that needs only fear a lynch.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:51 pm

Post by VysePresident »

Sorry, got distracted on a thread walk.

Anyway, that tell can be a useful starting point, but it's not the be-all, end-all, particularly against more experienced players. Acryon doesn't read like potential Newb-Scum to me. He feels level-headed enough not to get tripped up so easily by the little stuff.

I'm primarily looking at his manner of scumhunting, and it feels really shallow. There've been a couple of things I've liked about his play individually. actually feels pretty decent, outside of context, and I liked the post where he questioned your thoughts on Lal's play just being Newbish.

However, the majority of it has been pushing weak 'tells', like Lal's Ari vote. It feels like an unnatural read on his part - I've played with enough newbies on my other site to feel that freaking out over a wagon isn't particularly alignment indicative, and I think Acryon threw out the possibility of Newbish play too quickly.

Also, I'm noting his focus is primarily accusatory when he's left to his own devices, and that's a serious red flag for me as well.

The problem with the Lalendra case is that I'm not really sure what she's supposed to be doing that's scummy. She's tripping over herself somewhat, but it doesn't seem to add up to anything yet. I'm not Townreading her by any stretch, but nothing's actually pinging hard enough for me to be particularly interested, either. As far as I'm concerned, it's borderline to being a blind lynch.

Also, as a counterpoint to scum fearing a NK, I'll point out there's a team in this game that needs only fear a lynch.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:54 pm

Post by VysePresident »

>_<

Sorry for the doublepost.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:20 am

Post by farside22 »

I didn't notice that only one faction had a kill.

How can you say lal's done nothing scummy.
You point to level head and expectations but none of that is omg scum it's an oppinion.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:52 am

Post by VysePresident »

acryon wrote:
In post 365, acryon wrote:
In post 362, VysePresident wrote:
In post 326, acryon wrote:
Oh, not at all. I think Lal is almost definitely scum. Hence why my vote hasn't moved.

Why? I'm not seeing it.

I pointed out a couple posts in my thoughts on you. Could you elaborate on your thoughts process here? (, , )

Why is this scummy, and not just Newbish mistakes?

I mean my thought process seems like it was pretty straight-forward, no? These aren't newbie mistakes; they are pretty blatant contradictions. One of her primary criticisms of Lyserg was that he put Ari close to a lynch (he didn't), and she put Ari to L-1. So the reasons for suspecting people are BS, which also makes sense why she chose to comment on my joke post but nothing else. The move to voting Ari was unnatural.

Then let me explain my take on those posts.

Spoiler: Post 173: Opening points on Lal
In post 173, acryon wrote:A couple things strike me as off here.
In post 163, Lalendra wrote:Acryon – Seemed to bandwagon early with Gliffie’s anti-hydra vote on Ginko, but that could just be a reaction test (or an intense dislike of hydras). I honestly don't have much of a read on this one, even though he's posted quite a bit.

As you yourself stated, I have posted quite a bit, but the one thing you decide to look at and comment on is a joke post on the first page?

Aristophanes – Thank you for birthday wishes! Typical Ari, from what I’ve seen; some general silliness, but that's not out of alignment with his meta, from what I've seen. I don't know if I'm 100% convinced he's scum, and at any rate I'm not quite convinced enough to fling a vote there. I'd hate to see a D1 no-lynch, but I'd hate a mislynch too.

You went from this to voting him just because of a naked vote? Do you think naked votes are alignment-indicative?

Lyserg-Zeroz – Leaning scum. He was okay with putting Ari close to a lynch, saying in uncertain/vague terms that he didn’t like Ari’s response on an earlier post; reads being against stacking votes early in D1 as anti-town, when in reality I think it’s the opposite. Not wanting a hasty D1 vote seems more town than scum, to me. Thank you for birthday wishes :)

You criticize Lyserg here for putting Ari close to a lynch, and then you post several posts later with a vote putting Ari to L-1.

My strongest scumread right now is Orcinus, so I'm going to go with that even though he's nowhere near a lynch, and will change my mind if I'm convinced Ari is scum.

I just find it odd that simply a naked vote from Ari would be enough to convince you the slot is scum. And not only that, but convince you enough to put him to L-1, something you literally
just
scrutinized Lyserg for, and Lyserg's vote was only the 3rd on Ari, whereas your's is the sixth!

UNVOTE:
Because I want to avoid a quickhammer.

And also
VOTE: Lalendra

I'd actually like this post, just by itself. You open with a couple questions/challenges for her to field, and while I find the case itself lackluster, I could see it being used to gauge her better.

On a side note, why were you worried about a quickhammer?

Spoiler: 207
In post 207, acryon wrote:
In post 187, Lalendra wrote:
In post 173, acryon wrote:A couple things strike me as off here.

In post 163, Lalendra wrote:Acryon – Seemed to bandwagon early with Gliffie’s anti-hydra vote on Ginko, but that could just be a reaction test (or an intense dislike of hydras). I honestly don't have much of a read on this one, even though he's posted quite a bit.

As you yourself stated, I have posted quite a bit, but the one thing you decide to look at and comment on is a joke post on the first page?

Honestly, I was going back and forth just reading through everyone’s posts and taking notes. I wasn’t sure if the hydra vote was a joke vote or not, but either way, it wasn’t enough to really influence my read on you.

That still seems like an odd thing to comment on, when there are other things I've done that are much more worthy of comments. It just seems like textbook faux-commentary.

In post 173, acryon wrote:
Aristophanes – Thank you for birthday wishes! Typical Ari, from what I’ve seen; some general silliness, but that's not out of alignment with his meta, from what I've seen. I don't know if I'm 100% convinced he's scum, and at any rate I'm not quite convinced enough to fling a vote there. I'd hate to see a D1 no-lynch, but I'd hate a mislynch too.

You went from this to voting him just because of a naked vote? Do you think naked votes are alignment-indicative?

Naked votes strike me as something someone does when they pretty much know that they’ve been caught, and don’t have much left to counter with.

Really? Do you have examples in games to back this up? I don't think this is the case at all, and it also seems like extreme wishful thinking to believe that we caught scum so hard this early that they are just giving up.

In post 173, acryon wrote:
Lyserg-Zeroz – Leaning scum. He was okay with putting Ari close to a lynch, saying in uncertain/vague terms that he didn’t like Ari’s response on an earlier post; reads being against stacking votes early in D1 as anti-town, when in reality I think it’s the opposite. Not wanting a hasty D1 vote seems more town than scum, to me. Thank you for birthday wishes :)

You criticize Lyserg here for putting Ari close to a lynch, and then you post several posts later with a vote putting Ari to L-1.

His vote was a lot earlier than mine (though my read post was posted not too long before my scumvote on Ari, the posts I was basing the reads on were much earlier in the game, and the fact that he was putting Ari close to lynch on page 2, or whatever it was, is quite different than me doing it on page 7 when things have changed quite a bit.

Well, again, putting someone to L-4 isn't exactly putting them "close to lynch."

The vote just doesn't seem natural to me, and it doesn't seem to line up with your posting. I think you're discounting the complexity of the game.

Rarely is scum caught with extreme confidence, especially this early "We got em boys!" just doesn't really happen that often in my experience. Putting too much confidence in it leading up to the lynch just causes confirmation bias to drive it the rest of the way, which is terrible for town.

This is where I get iffy on you again. (FutureVyse Note: By *again*, I'm referring to my initial take on ) You're pushing a line here, but now it feels more like salesmanship than analysis, and your own vote feels unnatural for me. Lal's vote is a contradiction, but I feel more like it's coming from a disorganized and slightly reactionary thought process than being inherently scummy. Walk me through it, if you disagree.

it doesn't seem like an inherently scummy one to me. At the moment, it feels more like her thought process is disorganized and slightly reactionary.

As a pressure case, still okay-ish, but then we have , and you make it clear your read is serious.

This is setting off all kinds of alarm bells, because it still feels like a poor reason to vote. Like, here's my own thought process. I've seen a lot of newbie play back on my homesite. Her vote appears to be the product of a disorganized and slightly reactionary thought process.

I can kinda see where this might be a difference of opinion, but I don't like that you're so set on this little thing. I'd appreciate you going a little deeper into your thought process, if you can, because I already felt like you were selling a weak case before, and I'm not sure I believe that you're really sorting through Lal. :|
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:16 am

Post by farside22 »

I can tell you right off the bat her vote is not reactionary for the simple fact she is (1) still voting ari (2) still claiming a scum read and finally (3) lal has reacted her reasons for said scum read
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:17 am

Post by farside22 »

Reacted = retracted
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:22 am

Post by VysePresident »

In post 392, farside22 wrote:I didn't notice that only one faction had a kill.

How can you say lal's done nothing scummy.

I didn't. I'd struggle to name anything off the top of my head, but there's some stuff pinging me on a gut level. Mostly, it's a difference in thought process I can't quite account for.

That's not my ideal lynch.

acryon wrote:You point to level head and expectations but none of that is om scum it's an oppinion.

Isn't everything? I think too many people expect scum to be glaringly obvious, and miss the more subtle hints and tells that would be more useful. I'm not pretending to be perfect, but at the same time, I'm at a loss as to why you're dismissing this so easily.

When I'm scumhunting, I'm looking for narratives, for a sense of 'direction' from a player that fits with what I'd expect from scum. It's not so much what people say that's most interesting, as what's between the lines.

Acryon is passing decent in a few individual post, but by and large, I'm noting his scumhunting consists of taking an accusatory tone towards glaring mistakes, rather than building off a natural thought process. Even accounting for the possibility that I'm just missing said thought process, I'm not seeing much in the way of him sorting Lal out, either. (Or Ari, actually.) It feels like he's looking for an opening, rather than sorting out Town/Scum.

This is a constant pattern, even behind some decent-ish play on his part. (I think I noted this in my response to acryon.) He's navigating the thread fairly decently, and can engage when he wants to, but it doesn't actually work against the reason I'm scumreading him. It seems more likely that he's simply aware of what to avoid.

Yes, this is a guess. It's an educated guess, based on an observation, and yes, opinion. I could be wrong. There's a reason why I'm still trying to talk with him. But I think I'm right, and I'm willing to take a chance on it.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:34 am

Post by VysePresident »

In post 223, acryon wrote:
In post 222, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:sure. VOTE: lal

I mean you don't need to feel pressured into voting there, but it was just something I expected following that post.

What are your thoughts on that vote?
Honey bee
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:43 am

Post by Honey bee »

Honey bee
Honey bee
Mafia Scum