Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:57 am

Post by MightyFireball »

Confirmo
[color=orange][b] MIGHTYFIREBALL [/b][/color]
[color=green][i]An optimist believes that the world is as good as it can be Unfortunately, a pessimest believes the same thing; War is not the answer[/i][/color]
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:51 am

Post by MightyFireball »

Ah, another Lord of the Rings fan. I look forward to playing with you.
[color=green][i]An optimist believes that the world is as good as it can be Unfortunately, a pessimest believes the same thing; War is not the answer[/i][/color]
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (isolation #2) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:32 am

Post by MightyFireball »

Because I assume you mean Black Numenorean and I am for the men of Gondor
You wouldn't happen to play Battle for Middle Earth 2, would you? He means the Numenorians that came to Middle Earth and built all the great structures of Gondor, or at least I think he does.
Vote: Indy
for not being able to make that distinction. :)
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (isolation #3) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:07 pm

Post by MightyFireball »

After the fall of Numenor the "Men from the West" came to middle earth, those that were corrupted were called Black-Numenorians, the others (which settled and raised such kingdoms as Gondor) called themselves Dunedains if I recall correctly, it has been a while since I read all the books.
Ah, sorry. I've only read The Silmarillion once, so my knowledge of events not in the Third Age is very limited.
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (isolation #4) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:59 am

Post by MightyFireball »

There is the possibility that it was done as a joke. I feel no need to place a vote as a result of that.
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (isolation #5) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:50 am

Post by MightyFireball »

Whoa, those last two posts got a little WIFOM'y.
I was concerned because you seemed to put alot of emphasis in your post that your first vote was random where I think we all understood that, you seem to be trying to hard to be a townie, maybe a mafia trying to blend in?
I don't really agree with you here. I feel that it was a little weird to unvote the random vote while most people were still in the random voting stage, but I don't really find the fact that it was emphasized to be scummy.

I am a little suspicious of Indy, simply because he placed the second vote on AmeliaLi without adding any new information. It could be nothing, but it could be something.
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (isolation #6) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:37 am

Post by MightyFireball »

Oh dear. More WIFOM has emerged. Sir Tornado, statements like "if you are scum" almost always lead to WIFOM arguments and are bad for the town. Refraining from this would be appreciated. Thanks. However, I do agree with you that ryan is wrong in thinking that a consecutive unvote is scummy. It's probably more something that was coincidental as opposed to coordinated.
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (isolation #7) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:10 pm

Post by MightyFireball »

Hmmm... I never really thought of it that way. I suppose that is possible. Good thinking, ryan.
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (isolation #8) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:42 am

Post by MightyFireball »

Ryan, I'm a little confused by what you're saying about the unvoting conflict. While it is common for scum to be voting for each other, I don't get what the connection is when two people, unvoting at the same time, aren't voting for the same person. This seems more random to me than coordinated. I happen to be of the opinion that this line of thought has been taken too far.
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (isolation #9) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:46 pm

Post by MightyFireball »

Well, I didn't see what the logic was in your pointing that out. However, I'll go back and reread the theory as presented to Sir Tornado and see if that clears it up.
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (isolation #10) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:52 pm

Post by MightyFireball »

Well, I looked at your theory, and I have to say, I don't really agree with what you're saying. There is a slight chance that there was a coordinated unvote, but as they weren't voting for the same person, and there wasn't any visible gain for the in doing it, I don't see why they would. It is my belief that everyone does something for a reason, so without the reason, I find it unlikely that it was done intentionally.
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (isolation #11) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:18 am

Post by MightyFireball »

I suppose I'll
Unvote
, as the random voting stage has ended.
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (isolation #12) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:59 am

Post by MightyFireball »

Yes, lynching lurkers is always bad for the town. Even if we're lucky and hit a scum lurker, chances are they weren't paying attention to the game anyway. Therefore, they weren't taking part in the decisions of who to kill every night. Also, they aren't able to sway the discussion in their favor if they're not posting. Killing this type of person doesn't really have a benefit for the town, other than getting rid of one of the Mafia members. It's always better to lynch an active Mafia member because they are more of a threat to the town. Also, the chances are very good that if we lynch someone, they're going to turn up to be pro-town. It would be better to replace these people with active players than to lynch them and lose their role forever.
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (isolation #13) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:01 am

Post by MightyFireball »

Hmmm... I also would like to comment on the utter lack of content from Dral. He's posted a few times, but he's either said that he doesn't understand something, that he's not available, or offered some meager analysis that has already been given by other players. I'd like to see some more quality posting from him.
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (isolation #14) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:58 pm

Post by MightyFireball »

Hmmm... I tried to keep notes once, and it was dreadfully hard. I suppose you just summarize what everyone says in each post. That is the incredibly time consuming method, but then you can look at your notes and more easily discern patterns among the players. I imagine it's very helpful, but I'm just not passionate about the game to do it.
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (isolation #15) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:52 am

Post by MightyFireball »

Yay! Thanks for that analysis, Dral. Also, Numenorian, I'm pretty sure this:
Anyone think Ryan is being too townie?
Is a logical fallacy called Too Townie. It's probably unintentional, but you should be aware of it.
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (isolation #16) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:53 am

Post by MightyFireball »

Yay! Thanks for that analysis, Dral. Also, Numenorian, I'm pretty sure this:
Anyone think Ryan is being too townie?
Is a logical fallacy called Too Townie. It's probably unintentional, but you should be aware of it.
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (isolation #17) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:53 am

Post by MightyFireball »

Whoops! Sorry for that double post.
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (isolation #18) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:52 am

Post by MightyFireball »

I am aware of the fallacy "too townie". That's why I used that phrase. My comment was meant to be humorous for the more experienced players, but it was mostly meant as a trap for inexperienced scum. Ryan's aggressive scumhunting might be making some of the Mafia feel nervous, and they'd be eager to jump on any suspicions voiced by some other player
Oh, I'm sorry to mess up your gambit. However, it seems like you got what you wanted anyway.
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (isolation #19) » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:50 pm

Post by MightyFireball »

With 7 to lynch, I think it'd be safe for me to put my vote on AmeliaLi! She's the most suspicious right now. Sir Tornado hasn't said anything in a while, has he?
Does this seem a little strange to anyone? . I've rarely seen anyone say "I'd think it'd be safe" before they vote before. It seems kind of like an attempt to place a vote that would not result in his being blamed if AmeliaLi turned out to be town. This is vaguely scummy, in my opinion. What are the thoughts of others on this matter?
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (isolation #20) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:22 am

Post by MightyFireball »

Ah, yes. I can add the quote names in future. Sorry.
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (isolation #21) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:56 pm

Post by MightyFireball »

Gasp! Ryan never confirmed. That means he can't be here. PARADOX!
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (isolation #22) » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:53 am

Post by MightyFireball »

Hmmm.... I'm currently under the impression that Nano isn't so much scum as he just has a strange play style. I highly doubt that scum would be so openly saying that they aren't contributing. However, I would like to see some more analysis from him. Also, Dral hasn't said anything in a while. A little something from him would be cool as well.
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (isolation #23) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:57 am

Post by MightyFireball »

Klopyrev, I may be wrong, but you seem to imply that you have a problem with Sir Tornado "suddenly becoming a vigilant townie." Would you prefer that he keeps all his opinions to himself and not share anything?

As for Sir Tornado's suspicion of Ameliali, I agree with most of his points, except his third condemning evidence bit.
Sir Tornado's Third Condemning Evidence Bit wrote:3. In Post 135 you say "Let's lynch them(lurkers)". Yet, quite soon, on being questioned by Ryan you change your position and say "I was joking when I said lynch them"?
I don't find it
too
hard to believe that AmeliaLi could've been joking. Granted, it probably wasn't the best place for a joke, but I don't really find it scummy. All your other points are valid.
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (isolation #24) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:29 am

Post by MightyFireball »

ryan wrote:MightFireBall. COULD have been joking is the truth, would have been more obvious with an lol or a smiley face, it is pretty difficult to know what people are thinking when they type over the computer.
I love the capitalization of my name there. :) It is very possible that it could've been a coverup move, but I'm not convinced of that at the moment.
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (isolation #25) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:11 pm

Post by MightyFireball »

It's quite all right.
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (isolation #26) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:08 am

Post by MightyFireball »

Nice avatar. :) [quote="ryan"]Since you seem to be active (along with Sir Tornado) who's the better case for scum here on Day 1, Klopyrev or Amelia? [quote]
I'll have to look back on the game for a little while, but right now, I'm thinking Klopyrev would be the better lynch. I'll be back with evidence or a different opinion, depending on what I find.
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (isolation #27) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:08 am

Post by MightyFireball »

Whoops! Messed up that quote tag. Sorry.
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (isolation #28) » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:39 am

Post by MightyFireball »

Well, I regret to announce that I'm going away and won't be back until Sunday night.
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (isolation #29) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:43 pm

Post by MightyFireball »

Well, I have returned from my leave of absence, and I have a few things to say. Firstly, upon Numenorian's analysis of Amelia, I would have to say that she's looking fairly suspicious to me, but she has defended well, and now I'm rather undecided on her.

My major gripe is this:
CKD wrote:Personally I think the majority of the mafia are lurking or near lurking. With all of the VIs running around they do not have to do much work to get an easy lynch. Lets stir the Day 1 pot a see what comes to the surface. We have not heard from Jester since he FoSed me and asked the Mod to prod (5 days ago)…..I think you need to be prodded now.

Vote Jester
I'm aware that you have unvoted and that it was only a pressure vote, but this made me very uneasy. First of all, why did you choose to go after Jester when not only is he not the only one lurking, but he's not been gone as long as several other people. Also, he's actually contributed to the game, unlike several other people. What was the reason that you chose to go after Jester, CKD?

Also, ryan is starting to strike me as frighteningly aggressive, but I suppose that is just his play style, and there isn't much anyone can (or should) do about it.
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (isolation #30) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:41 am

Post by MightyFireball »

CKD wrote:interesting,who would you have prefered I pressure voted that a.) i havent pressure voted already or b.) already has a vote on them?..furthermore, why do you care that I put 1 vote on Jester?
Firstly, I don't think there was a need to put a vote on anyone at the time that you did. However, if you really felt like you
needed
to pressure vote someone, better candidates would have been Lowell or Nano. Neither of these guys have really contributed much to the game and neither have made that many posts.
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (isolation #31) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:09 am

Post by MightyFireball »

I know. That's what I was trying to say. Sorry if it came off incorrectly. CKD, I didn't comment on the Lowell pressure vote because I thought that was justified. Lowell hadn't really made any major contributions to the game. However, Jester had been offering analysis before his disappearance. I do see what you're saying, though, so I'll drop it for now.
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (isolation #32) » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:51 am

Post by MightyFireball »

I'm kind of leaning with you there, klopy. I'm going to have a look at his comments and make a kind of analysis.
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (isolation #33) » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:10 am

Post by MightyFireball »

CKD wrote:just throwing this out there for conversation, if both klop and Ameliali are town, what next?
I might've said this already, but if I didn't, this comment doesn't sound right to me. It seems like you're trying to steer the conversation away from the persecution of AmeliaLi and Klopyrev. This would be a good tactic if one of them was your mafia partner. By including the other, you've made it seem as though neither is more important than the other, but the conversation would flow away from your partner. This may not be the correct interpretation, but it's a possibility.
CKD wrote:Just for the record (at this time) I do not support Amelia's or your lynches....which directly conflicts with ryan.
You said this to Klopyrev a few pages back and it doesn't seem right. You've voted for both AmeliaLi and Klopyrev at separate points during the game, so why wouldn't you support their lynches. What made you change your mind?

This is really all I can find against Curiouskarmadog at the moment, so if these questions are answered satisfactorily, then I'll shift my suspicions away from him.
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (isolation #34) » Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:07 am

Post by MightyFireball »

Well, I would say that CKD made satisfactory answers to the questions that I asked of him, so I will officially shift my suspicions away from him for the time being.
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (isolation #35) » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:28 pm

Post by MightyFireball »

Indeed it does. I concur that it's very unlikely that there is one in this game and that Klopyrev is more likely to be a newbie townie than a newbie Mafia member or a mafia member pretending to be a newbie. I really like his real name though. It's very Russian. :)
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (isolation #36) » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:00 am

Post by MightyFireball »

Of your scum-list, I agree with two of your three candidates. I don't really think Curiouskarmadog is scum, for reasons already stated by me. However, I do agree that Nano is being particularly scummy, especially since he hasn't posted in the last few pages. Also, but to a lesser extent, I'm thinking Lowell might be scum. However, I don't feel too strongly about this and it's mostly a gut feeling.
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (isolation #37) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:22 am

Post by MightyFireball »

Firstly, I must say that that was an excellent catch by Klopyrev. I hadn't even really considered the possibility that he brought up. I'm not sure if I agree with him at the moment, but that was certainly a great point and probably the best post he's had all game. Also, I must say that Nano's showing up and again posting without content is getting tiresome. I'm not going to vote him because I think my opinion is shrouded by annoyance at the moment, but he needs to get going on the content.
FoS: Nano
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (isolation #38) » Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:18 am

Post by MightyFireball »

Hmmm... I find Klopyrev's response to Indy's post to be quite interesting. It seems as though he was overly defensive. I really don't think there was a need for him to swear at a guy who's credibility is very limited due to lack of posts. This leads me to believe that he might have something to hide.
FoS: Klopyrev
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (isolation #39) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:34 pm

Post by MightyFireball »

I suppose it's possible, considering Klopyrev's flip-flop personality, that he's pretending to be a newbie so that any mistakes that he might make would be covered up. This is an effective scum tactic that shouldn't be overlooked.
Lowell wrote:MightyFireball- Is there a reason you're not voting?
I suppose you're asking why I'm not voting for Klopyrev? If so, it's because the main thing that I've got against him is that he was over defensive at one point. Some people have called him newbie town, others newbie scum. I've now pointed out that he could be experienced scum. I really don't think anything is concrete enough to place a vote at the moment.
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (isolation #40) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:57 am

Post by MightyFireball »

Numenorian7 wrote:The only problem with this theory is that this is klopyrev's second game, and he acted like a newbie in his other game, too. I suppose klopyrev could be an alt for some more experienced player?
It's also possible that he's played mafia either in real life or on another site. I'm not entirely convinced that he has, I'm just pointing out the possibility.

Also, I agree with Ryan when he says that he shouldn't take all the blame if Klopyrev is lynched and turns up town. As he says, he's not the only one currently voting for him, and he probably won't be lynched unless more people vote for Klopyrev or a deadline is instated, which I don't really see happening, given the level of activity.
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #525 (isolation #41) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:25 am

Post by MightyFireball »

Jester, upon reading your analysis of Nano's behaviour this game, I'm inclined to place a vote on him. I'll give him some time to respond, though. If he doesn't have a satisfactory response by the end of the next page, then I'll vote for him. A
FoS: Nano
will do for now.
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (isolation #42) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:26 am

Post by MightyFireball »

By next page there, I meant by the end of page 22.
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #541 (isolation #43) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:04 am

Post by MightyFireball »

Sir Tornado wrote:MFB: I have already tried that approach. Nanosauromo will post a one line reply and then not post anything till someone attacks him or FOSes him.
Yeah, if he doesn't completely refute the suspicions that Jester, myself, and others have laid against him, or at least give a very good attempt to, then I'll vote for him. Don't worry, I won't be satisfied with a one liner.
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (isolation #44) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:39 am

Post by MightyFireball »

Yeah, I was wondering that myself.

As Nano hasn't answered all of the questions that have been asked of him, I'm going to
Vote: Nano
, as I said I would. However, if he later answers said questions well, I would be willing to remove my vote.
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (isolation #45) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:21 am

Post by MightyFireball »

Ameliali wrote:Is that how you're gonna try and get people off you back? I love how people like to claim doc. It seems to be the one power role that always gets claimed.
There was actually a wiki article about this, I think. The mafia love claiming doc because it's probably the role that the town can least afford to lose. If we know there's a doc out there protecting our backs, town power roles would be more likely to claim and reveal their information, knowing that it isn't guaranteed that they'll be killed the following night. Having a doc is a kind of security blanket. That's why it gets claimed by mafia so much. However, the real doc wouldn't be so eager to reveal his role to the public because no one is there to protect him. Therefore, I am inclined to believe that this is a false claim on the part of Nano. If you managed to follow all that, I congratulate you. :)
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (isolation #46) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:46 pm

Post by MightyFireball »

Argh! Go town.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”