Jester
Jester
Goon
Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:11 am

Post by Jester »

EBWOP: ...radar right now) and if I were one of their scum-mates...

Sorry, posted in a hurry. And yeah, Gator's right. Even if someone unvotes right now, the deed's done.
I do not play MS on weekends; consider me on V/LA during them
Gatorguy91
Gatorguy91
Goon
Gatorguy91
Goon
Goon

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:13 am

Post by Gatorguy91 »

Now to Wait for Kison....

Which may take 5 seconds or 5 days.
Show
Pie Tastes Good.
"In completely unrelated news, Gatorguy is awesome"
- pie_is_good
"Your birthday is made of win."
-Glork
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:17 am

Post by Lowell »

Jester wrote:You put the hammer down on Nano, unless my personal vote-count is off, so as soon as Kison notices, we're in night. If I'm right about Nano and I'm right about Lowell (not certain by any means, but he's really setting off my radar right now) and were one of their scum-mates, I'd definitely kill me to shut me up. ;)

Of course, it's still possible that I'm totally wrong about one or both.
Twilight FOS Jester
for trying to direct future lynches...

For attacking Nano I'm MORE likely to be scum? What kind of twisted WIFOM is that?

Frankly I led the charge against him, and was the first to make sure the real doc didn't claim. How can that make me MORE suspicious?
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:22 am

Post by ryan »

I'm not sure why Jester doesn't just post his thoughts instead of saying he will wait. Get them typed out before we go to night
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
Jester
Jester
Goon
Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:29 am

Post by Jester »

Attacking your own scum-mates is called distancing, and is a
very
common scum tactic. It's particularly common late in a lynch cycle, as here, where the mafia feels like one member has to be sacrificed to save the group or one member is going to die regardless of what they do.

The defense of the distancer then becomes "I can't possibly be scum, because I helped kill XXX, who was scum."

And yeah, I'm writing my long post right now, but I don't know if I'll get it out before we go to night. There's nothing really epic or revealing in it. Was just gonna answer the questions thrown my way and give my thoughts on pages 22 and 23.
Nanosauromo
Nanosauromo
Goon
Nanosauromo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:35 am

Post by Nanosauromo »

Numenorean7 wrote:I would say this couldn't be a fakeclaim because it doesn't benefit Nano as scum at all, but it doesn't benefit him as doc either. :?
Nothing benefits me at this point. You guys have already made up your minds and I'm going to get lynched no matter what I do. At least this way you'll feel stupid when you lynch the doctor for claiming to be the doctor. :P
[url]http://www.youtube.com/nanosauromo[/url]
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:36 am

Post by ryan »

Well you've been lynched anyway, are you going to *honestly* claim now?
Jester
Jester
Goon
Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:32 am

Post by Jester »

Kinda rushed through this, so I hope it looks OK...
ryan wrote:Jester: Please quote where I've been actively trying to get people to vote Klopy or AmeliaLi, or where I've said "Hey Jester, vote Klopy"
You've never blatantly said that. You just make it very clear who you're trying to recruit and who you're trying to recruit them to vote for. Through post 500:

Vote for klopyrev! 192, 207, and a little less blatant on 100, 161, 197
Vote for AmeliaLi! 257, 296, 299, 330, and a little less blatant on 234, 363, 375
Vote for both! 88, 121, 240, 266, 293, 310, and a little less blatant on 358

You've been particularly anxious to have Sir Tornado, curiouskarmadog, and Numenorean vote your way, and you've been focused on klopyrev/Amelia since your 77. You were also the first to bring up the word "deadline", in your 130. I particularly like the assumption inherent in your 240 and 293. Go give them a re-read. You've been playing very aggressively, and you haven't been shy about asking for votes. You've also flip-flopped from klopyrev to Amelia and back at least once.
Sir Tornado wrote:Jester, what do you mean when you say "Klopyrev is probably insane"? I have seen you write that a few times.
There's no logical line through his posts, connecting the first to the last. His posts are almost completely random. Not only are they disconnected from each other, sometimes they're disconnected from themselves. If he's having logical thought-processes about the game, he's not posting them. Hence, insanity.
Sir Tornado wrote:How is that WIFOM?
Yeah, I didn't get that, either. ryan, you haven't answered this one yet. The "W" in WIFOM doesn't stand for "whining." ;)
Nano wrote:Of course it's a bad thing for me to be dead. Do you really want the Doc lynched?
In the unlikely event that this turns out to be true, for future reference, never ever
ever
role-claim doctor. Not for any reason. The people who don't see this as stupid see it as a scum-tell. The doctor should never out him- or herself, not for any reason, even if they're about to be lynched.
Lowell wrote:I think this is a fake claim.
As I said, I found this, followed by your immediate vote, fascinating. You have a ton of questions directed at you, you've made multiple promises to give us your thoughts on this game, and haven't kept them for various reasons. Are you still losing your job? Anyway, this re-entrance into the game followed by your vote struck me strongly as distancing yourself from Nano so that you can later say "Of course, I'm not scum, I helped lynch Nano." More logically, it's a repeat of your 268 when you placed a vote despite admitting that you hadn't even read the game. Unless you've read the game and not told us, you've just done this twice. I've said my gut instinct about you, but you could make me feel a lot better by jumping into this game and telling us what you think of the various players and what's happened to date.
MightyFireball wrote:If you managed to follow all that, I congratulate you.
I followed it, and you're dead right in all particulars except the wiki article, which I couldn't find. I'll keep looking, though.

And I'm caught up again.
Nanosauromo
Nanosauromo
Goon
Nanosauromo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:05 am

Post by Nanosauromo »

Jester wrote:The doctor should never out him- or herself, not for any reason, even if they're about to be lynched.
If I'm about to be dead anyway, what difference does it make?
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:45 am

Post by Kison »

~~Day One: Final Vote Count~~

Code: Select all

Nanosauromo     (7)  : Jester, Numenorean7, Sir Tornado, MightyFireball, Lowell, Gatorguy91, Ryan
klopyrev        (1)  : Indy
AmeliaLi        (1)  : Nanosauromo
Ryan            (1)  : klopyrev

Not Voting      (2)  : curiouskarmadog, AmeliaLi

With
alive, it took
to lynch.

Nanosauromo is taken out back and hung. He is given no last words, but maintained that he was innocent until the end. Once dead, you all search his home and find many medical devices, a medical degree, and no indications that he was a threat to the town. You all just lynched your Doctor!

Nanosauromo, the Doctor, has been lynched during Day One.

It is now Night One.

Get those night actions in ASAP!
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:50 pm

Post by Kison »

The following day came only too quickly. As everyone gathered at the meeting place, the body of
MightyFireball
was discovered dead on the ground with a single bullet in his head.

MightyFireball, Vanilla Townie, has been killed during Night One.

It is now Day Two.

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.

~~Updated List of Living Players~~

1) ryan
2) AmeliaLi
3) Jester
4) Lowell
5) Sir Tornado
6) curiouskarmadog
7) Gatorguy91 (Replacing the_Red_c (Replacing Dral))
8) Indy
9) Numenorean7
10) klopyrev
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:45 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

interesting...I can not believe how quickly the Nano lynch went through, so we lynched the doctor after he claimed...I am back but will need a couple days to reread, read what I missed (what lead to the doctor being lynched), and to digest...
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:46 pm

Post by MightyFireball »

Argh! Go town.
[color=orange][b] MIGHTYFIREBALL [/b][/color]
[color=green][i]An optimist believes that the world is as good as it can be Unfortunately, a pessimest believes the same thing; War is not the answer[/i][/color]
Gatorguy91
Gatorguy91
Goon
Gatorguy91
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:55 pm

Post by Gatorguy91 »

Vote Lowell

Very suspicsious behavior from him. He needs to be lynched.
Show
Pie Tastes Good.
- pie_is_good
-Glork
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:11 pm

Post by ryan »

Lowell wrote:MightyFireball- Is there a reason you're not voting?

Lowell wrote:
Nanosauromo wrote:
Jester wrote:Me wanting you dead is "Not Cool", but you wanting klopyrev dead is perfectly all right?
Of course it's a bad thing for me to be dead. Do you really want the Doc lynched?
I think this is a fake claim.
Yet you voted for him
Lowell wrote:
vote nano
. This is just poor scum play.
And called him scummy after he claimed?

FoS: Lowell

I'd also like more info from Jester, who thought he for sure was going to be night killed (which I found interesting)
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:12 pm

Post by Sir Tornado »

Jester wrote: You put the hammer down on Nano, unless my personal vote-count is off, so as soon as Kison notices, we're in night. If I'm right about Nano and I'm right about Lowell (not certain by any means, but he's really setting off my radar right now) and were one of their scum-mates, I'd definitely kill me to shut me up. Wink

Of course, it's still possible that I'm totally wrong about one or both.
I can't even begin to start saying how horrible this post was. Not disbelieving Nano, but the later part: "I'd definitely kill me to shut me up". What was that supposed to mean? It appears that you were planning to set up a Lowell lynch if you were not NKed. It leads into a territory full of WIFOMs.

Ryan: Why did you hammer before everyone had got the chance to review the claim?
I'm back!
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:16 pm

Post by ryan »

Sir Tornado wrote: Ryan: Why did you hammer before everyone had got the chance to review the claim?
Because I didn't have an accurate vote count and miscounted and I thought my vote put him at -1, not the hammer.
Nanosauromo
Nanosauromo
Goon
Nanosauromo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:33 pm

Post by Nanosauromo »

Congratulations gang, you lynched the doctor on day 1! Don't you feel special?
Numenorean7
Numenorean7
Goon
Numenorean7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:27 pm

Post by Numenorean7 »

Poor Nano. If he hadn't claimed, he probably wouldn't have been lynched anytime soon. Perhaps he wouldn't have been lynched at all.

ryan, I don't get your post 589. It sounds like you are accusing Lowell of flip-flopping, but that doesn't make sense. Are you accusing him of pushing the lynch? If so, I don't think anyone can be blamed for lynching Nano. Everyone believed that his claim was fake.

Although I don't think blaming people for Nano's lynch is fair or productive, I do think the way people got on can be revealing. In particular, I find the way Lowell appeared just after Nano claimed to be very scummy. It seems to be evidence of true lurking, not just inactivity forced by real life.
FoS: Lowell

Jester's comments about himself as a possible night-kill target also strike me as scummy. He basically says, "I would expect to be NKed if Nano and Lowell are scum." He seems to be fishing for a doc protect. I suppose he could be doing this as town, but I would generally say that he is mafia trying to get the doctor to waste his protect. If that's the case, why would he make his argument conditional on Nano being scum? If he's pro-town, why not let the real doctor decide who to protect? I would like to hear some comment/explanation from Jester on this.
FoS: Jester

Now that Nano and MFB are confirmed town, I've looked back over their posts to try and get some leads. I didn't get a whole lot.

Nano didn't say much at all, other than objecting to AmeliaLi's "lynch all lurkers" and Jester's suspicions of his (Nano's) lurking. He defended Lowell (lurking=/=scum) and klopyrev (more stupid than scummy). I don't see much content besides this.

MightyFireball was suspicious of Indy and klopyrev, not really suspicious of AmeliaLi. He didn't have much to say about Lowell, just a feeling that he might be scum. He defended Nano a bit near the beginning, but became more suspicious of him later on. He didn't put a vote on anyone (except a couple random votes) until he voted Nano near the end of the day. He agreed with everyone else that Nano's claim was probably fake.

Obviously, niether Nano or MFB were infallible. But they were pro-town, so at least we know their comments and suspicions were honest.
Political Correctness offends me.
klopyrev
klopyrev
Goon
klopyrev
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:51 pm

Post by klopyrev »

Ryan is SCUM
I told you... He was just looking to lynch. Didn't you all see it? I noticed it first. How he pressured a bangwagon vote. Look at him put the hammer down on our doctor. He knew Nano was town. He knew he was at -1. He did it on purpose. He is one scummy player. Look at his posts.
Gatorguy91
Gatorguy91
Goon
Gatorguy91
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:51 am

Post by Gatorguy91 »

klopyrev wrote:
Ryan is SCUM
I told you... He was just looking to lynch. Didn't you all see it? I noticed it first. How he pressured a bangwagon vote. Look at him put the hammer down on our doctor. He knew Nano was town. He knew he was at -1. He did it on purpose. He is one scummy player. Look at his posts.
It's not as obvious as that Lowell Is scum. HE IS SCUM. LYNCH HIM!!
Show
Pie Tastes Good.
- pie_is_good
-Glork
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:21 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

Right now, Ryan AND Lowell both appear suspicious to me. Lowell because just about the only thing he has done in this game is to help get Nano lynched. Other contributions? Zilch. Ryan because he hammered Nano after maintaining for almost the entire day that his suspect list for the day consisted only of AmeliaLi and Klopyrev. I mean, if ryan is scum, he would know Nano was telling the truth AND he could see that no one actually believed that claim. He might have figured out that he could easily join the bandwagon and hammer by attacking his claim. And, if anyone asked -- hey, everyone was doing it. Nothing better than getting rid of the doc on day 1 eh?

FOS: Lowell

FOS: ryan
I'm back!
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:06 am

Post by ryan »

Sir Tornado wrote:Right now, Ryan AND Lowell both appear suspicious to me. Lowell because just about the only thing he has done in this game is to help get Nano lynched. Other contributions? Zilch. Ryan because he hammered Nano after maintaining for almost the entire day that his suspect list for the day consisted only of AmeliaLi and Klopyrev. I mean, if ryan is scum, he would know Nano was telling the truth AND he could see that no one actually believed that claim. He might have figured out that he could easily join the bandwagon and hammer by attacking his claim. And, if anyone asked -- hey, everyone was doing it. Nothing better than getting rid of the doc on day 1 eh?

FOS: Lowell

FOS: ryan
Listen my two suspects were still AmeliaLi and Klopyrev and yes I did make a mistake but the claim seemed so stupid, and so out there that it seemed like a scum made a mistake, either way it was stupid to claim doc on Day 1 anyway. I do wish I would have asked for a vote count instead of placing a vote when I had miscounted.

Vote Lowell

I do agree that Lowell stepped up and actually did something when we were close to lynching somebody, he took this opportunity to get rid of a townie and a power role at that. He is scum.
klopyrev
klopyrev
Goon
klopyrev
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:59 am

Post by klopyrev »

Don't throw your guilt onto someone else, ryan. Don't bring attention away from yourself. You were the one to hammer. You were the one who was convincing people to hammer on AmeliaLi before.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:24 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Great, so we are down two townies to include our doctor. When I left (page 18 ) Nano only had one vote on him, so how did he get lynched so damn fast? Going to review those who voted (and didn’t) and the aftermath of the two killings…

I left post 444 (at that time, I really suspected Lowell). I think to find some insight, I will have to go back MUCH further in the thread.

Post 70?!? Jester does a coin toss between two “quiet” people Nano and myself..and his vote never changed. Interesting. It also should be noted that Jester thinks Nano and I are quiet at this point (even though I had several posts) He does not put Lowell in this category even though the only posts Lowell has provided were two voting posts with no explanations.

Post 86: Dral places a vote on Nano to pressure someone who is quiet.

Post 98: Jester mentions he has no concrete opinion on Nano or ST (again he leaves Lowell off this list)

Post 99: I mention that fact that Lowell has said nothing at all and I place my vote on Lowell.

Post 128: Num77 asks for a prod on Lowell and Nano.

Post 142: Jester does place a FoS on Lowell for not posting, and keeps his vote on Nano (again for being quiet).

Post 151: Dral removes his vote from Nano, to also pressure Lowell for being quiet.

Post 154: Nano votes Ameliali, because of her lynch the lurkers attitude.

Post 159: Jester posts that myself, Lowell, Ameliali, Indy, and Nano are scummy. Wants to hear more from Dral, Indy, Nano, and Lowell. Thinks that two of the games scum comes from this group. Keeps vote on Nano.

Post 194,195, 201: Jester and Ryan want more content from Nano.

196: MightyFireball (MF) notices that klop places a vote on Ameliali in such a way as to clear himself if she is town.

212: Jester mentions again that Nano is quiet. Requests that Indy be replaced. Jester is “comfortable” with a lynch on Nano or myself. Jester feels that Nano deserves a lynch for being quiet, but Lowell has not said enough to form an opinion??? How much more content has Lowell posted than Nano at this point? To answer your question: NONE!

245: Ameliai leads with 4 votes, Indy, Nano, Klop, and myself

246: Red_c replaces Dral

254: Ryan puts the 5th vote on Ameliali.

259: ST puts Ameliali at –1

265: I remove my vote (Am is back at –2) and place it on klop

268: Lowell admits he is not following carefully…votes Klop

322: I vote Jester to pressure him out of his lurking. Because isn’t that why he is voting for Nano?

334: Red_c puts Ameliai back to –2. (at one point klop moved his vote to ryan from Ameliali)

336: Ryan questions my vote on Jester (why doesn’t he question Jester’s vote on Nano?)

338: Jester explains he had to move…didn’t give us any heads up. Also making a big deal about not moving his vote to Ameliali. Guess he wants everyone to know that just in case she is lynched?

340: I unvote Jester

343: St unvotes Ameliali.

344: Ameliali mentions Nano has not said much.

352: Nano stats his scum list, Ameliali, Jester, Klop…

361: Lowell votes Jester (because no one is “jumping on the klop wagon”) Lowell says that if Ameliali turns up town, more suspicious of Jester.

362: Lowell getting strong pro town vibes from ST, Ryan, and myself.

371: Jester FoS Lowell, but still keeps vote on Nano

373: Jester: References me as being an evil genius…says that if he had two votes I would get the second. States Nano is the most scummiest player here for lurking (100% sure).90% sure I am scum. Gut feeling is Indy is first time scum. He would like Lowell to actually post something (but he is doing the exact same thing Nano is, interesting). He think ryan, Num, and Fireball townies.

375: Ryan compliments Jester on his post.

379: Num’s top 5 list is: Klop, Nano, Lowell, Indy, and Amel

381: I vote Lowell, I do mention I will need to reread Nano’s posts.

382: ST gives Nano a series of questions to answer.

389: Nano answers questions. Nano feels Ryan, Num, and ST least likely scum.

390: Amel attacks nano response.

444: I leave..

448: Jester’s new list of scum is Nano, myself, Lowell, and myself.

450: Num posts if there was a deadline he would support a Nano and klop lynch.

452: ST’s scum list is nano, Amel, Lowell, and klop

457: Gator guy replaces Red_c (who replaced Dral)

Here is where things get interesting.

469: Num moves his vote from klop to Nano, he votes for him because of a lack of content.

St and Nano begin to go round and round.

486: Amel feels Nano is being “stupid” but not scummy.

489: ryan states that his votes on klop were not bandwagoning…he is “happy” with his vote on klop and feels he is our best day 1 lynch.

(jester and ryan have a heated discussion about klop)

511: ST thinks Nano is scummier than Klop.

519: Jester calls Nano a liar and really pushes for his lynch.

524: ST mentions he and Jester are pushing for a Nano lynch…ST places the 3rd vote on Nano…Mentions that Num has been pushing for a klop lynch…(but ST, Num vote is on Nano..you covering for him for some reason? Going to assume you missed this)

542: Nano begins to crack under the pressure of 3 votes. He defends his non-defense. Give his opinion about everyone. (most likely because he does not know what to do)

548: jester breaks down Nano posts…and keeps on pushing him.

551: MightyFireball votes Nano..that is 4…

555: Not knowing what else to do..he claims Doc.

556: Num calls it the “second-stupidest claim” Num left his vote “in protest”…interesting..

(conversation stating that it must be a fake claim)

562: Lowell puts Nano at –2

566: Gatorguy put Nano at –1, no reason.

567: Ryan quickly (9 minutes later) hammers Nano for a fake claim.

585: MightyFireball (who was off everyone’s radar) is killed.

588: Gatorguy immediately votes Lowell.

589: Ryan FoSes Lowell

590: ST asks ryan why he hammer before the claim could be reviewed.

591: ryan didn’t have an accurate vote count…

593: Num Foses Lowell and Jester

596: ST Fos Ryan and Lowell

597: Ryan votes Lowell

Jesus….Well, on the reread I think Jester is the one that lead the bandwagon…he was 100% sure that Nano was scum..and he never let up…of course now he is quiet….

Vote Jester.

Think you have a lot to answer for.

I also do not buy ryan’s (I miscounted the votes statement)..then the vote on Lowell? what happened to klop? Are you hoping for another quick lynch?

Fos Ryan

Also I do not like Num’s keeping “my vote in protest” comment

Fos Numenorean7

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”