Mini Normal 1609: The Case Of Doctor Pepper (Game Over)

BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:10 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

If Csareo was town and there was scum on my his wagon, I would look at Omph and GC.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:09 am

Post by Anatole Kuragin »

I think omph forgot about this game (since it's an alt) let alone that she was voting you.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:18 am

Post by massive »

In post 1194, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
Do you think someone could justify leaving one of our wagons to join the other after all this time? Because I don't.

So ... you don't really believe this?
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:18 am

Don't I?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:20 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

I absolutely hate Green Crayon's recent posting.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:21 am

I hate that you have had your vote on me for a very long time yet do nothing to push through my lynch. You sit back and let everyone do the work for you.

Is this so you don't draw much attention D2?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:28 am

I'm also pretty sure you think I'm town but won't back down due to neighbour meta.

But you don't have to worry about neighbour meta. Because I'm town.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:43 am

Post by massive »

Don't go all Thor on me.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:46 am

What do you think I don't believe?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:48 am

Post by Green Crayons »

@massive:

In post 1196, massive wrote:
Green Crayons
, why are you town-reading Boon?

My initial reaction was to simply state that his posts "feel" town, because that's what I'm working off of from memory, but I'll try to give that read a bit more meat after doing a quick ISO and rejogging my memory of specifics:
- His early game hammer-troll back and forth, ultimately resolving not to be a hammer-troll, reads town.
- His SK spec was weird, but it was built up off of GreyICE actions that I thought were worth noting.
- His willingness to agree with a player who was getting heat (agreed with BBT that voting for lurkers was a valid way to look for scum).
- Although his sudden turn on Csareo is really weird, I credit the fact that his read of Csareo is still pretty nuanced (e.g., , reads Csareo as town but recognizes that his posting isn't something he agrees with).
- Then there's a bunch of active stuff that isn't particularly alignment indicative one way or another.
- Maaaybe some of the BBT/Csareo suspicion differentiation would give me pause, I would need to look through it more carefully.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:49 am

Post by Green Crayons »

@TTH:
I'm shocked,
shocked
to learn that you don't like my posting once I basically state that you're in my Top 3 scum suspects.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:00 am

In post 1191, The Rufflig wrote:
Well, the back and forth on Csareo was one of the main things that I was curious about. I'll admit your answer did not help me. I was rather hoping to get some insight into how you were approaching your reads or the game or something. So, let me try again. Other than Jagged Alliance, who are you currently scum reading?

I already had an outstanding question out for you. I'm sure you simply missed it during the post explosion over the weekend. However, I wasn't really getting anywhere with my read on you, so I asked for a little help.[/quote]

Right, I answered the question about my reads elsewhere without directly acknowledging this post - I find your playing weird in the same way that Flubber's do - asking for pressure or implying there is something I'm not being upfront about despite me answering any question given. I don't know if that makes you scummy or not. I think I'm going to make a case on Boon when I have some more time later.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:01 am

In post 1211, Anatole Kuragin wrote:
In post 1191, The Rufflig wrote:
Well, the back and forth on Csareo was one of the main things that I was curious about. I'll admit your answer did not help me. I was rather hoping to get some insight into how you were approaching your reads or the game or something. So, let me try again. Other than Jagged Alliance, who are you currently scum reading?

I already had an outstanding question out for you. I'm sure you simply missed it during the post explosion over the weekend. However, I wasn't really getting anywhere with my read on you, so I asked for a little help.

Right, I answered the question about my reads elsewhere without directly acknowledging this post -
I find your playing weird in the same way that Flubber's do
- asking for pressure or implying there is something I'm not being upfront about despite me answering any question given. I don't know if that makes you scummy or not. I think I'm going to make a case on Boon when I have some more time later.

this is not a real sentence

"I find your playing weird in the same way that I do Flubber's"

also fixed tags kinda
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:06 am

A potential third wagon.

Interesting developments.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:38 am

In post 93, Boonskiies wrote:
In post 83, GreyICE wrote:Okay, so you want to be vigged.

The vig detector is now if Boonskiies dies overnight, if there's two kills and he doesn't we have a serial killer.

In post 88, GreyICE wrote:Who said you were town, boon?

You said that you would play in such a way that you would behave detrimentally to the town. The only reason to consciously do this is a meta game effort to make your scum play indistinguishable from your town play.

Not only is this against the spirit of this site (play to win the game you are in), it's a detestable, pathetic maneuver. You wish to be unable to read? Fine, I grant you your wish, a place on my blacklist , and copious bullets to pump into your corpse.

Vig, kill this useless piece of shit.

I'm actually beginning to believe that Grey may be a serial killer. He keeps talking like he knows there is a killing role out there other than scum's factional kill. Him bringing up the vigilante constantly to kill someone regardless of alignment is odd to me. Granted, I understand how he could be annoyed by the fact I said I would hammer, but come on man. I said I was a village idiot, I'm just clowning around. It seems as if he is trying to set himself up for a vigilante claim later in the game, which is another reason he's so out to kill me specifically. I'm being targeted to seem like a vigilante will kill me in the night, when in actuality, a serial killer will be doing it, and then he'll be able to fake claim Vigilante and get away with it. On the flipside, the possibility of him being scum, and hoping for a second kill to potentially get a mislynch is also a possibility. Anywho, with the stuff I have to go on now, along with the toxicity, I like where my vote is going to be placed.

VOTE: GreyIce

In post 101, Boonskiies wrote:I agree that his vig discussion is weird. I don't think he's crumbing vig either, as that wouldn't be the wisest way to go about it. Although he could be luring a NK to him, and if he is actually something like VT, I'd say it was good play.

I get that the SK is a little farfetch'd this early in game. I'm over analyzing. Kind of how like OMGUS votes are done by townies because the person voting them initially seemed scummy because the person is actually town. I still feel pretty safe with my vote there for now.

PEdit:

@Rufflig - Well, I don't know how serious he is. I obviously switched up from my troll-like approach immediately after, and yet he still goes on being a toxic player, which in itself is kind of troll-like. I don't see how 'serious' of a player he can be with that attitude, unless he's scum, which him trying to get a lynch/3rd party NK on me would make sense.

In post 642, Boonskiies wrote:I'm looking for inconsistencies and ignorance. Usually I tend to believe people are super ignorant, when in fact they are just scum.

Speaking of inconsistencies - why did you stop speculating on the SK after dropping an early vote on GreyICE for pretty lax reasoning because you thought it might be him (despite not having any evidence whatsoever that an SK exists)?

In post 728, Boonskiies wrote:@massive - It was showing how often I speculate things like I did with the SK posts for GreyIce. I go out there with speculation.

So why are you going with the easiest vote in the game now?

My reasoning for voting him isn't necessarily based on his scum meta. I actually don't believe he's playing too similar to that game either besides prominence and willingness to accept a lynch on someone. In that game he lurked when things starting to cave in on him. I didn't pay a lot of attention to him in that game because I wasn't able to read him. I don't believe his meta from that game should be counted as any reasoning for his lynch toDay, but if someone else could argue otherwise, maybe. He also had stated that it was his worst game he's ever been in, so I would imagine that had some effect as well. I skimmed through that game again, and I really couldn't find any matches besides what I've already stated. But like I said, I don't believe we should scum read OR town read him due to that.

PEdit:

@BBT - I will unvote if it comes to that, but don't expect me to stay unvoted if you can't back it up with new relevant reasons.

1) you say you voted BBT for "flip-flopping," as if this style of play is inherently scummy (particularly interesting because his flip-flopping is all on wagons nowhere near lynches) despite you defending your own style of play multiple times before this. (example, #706 where you FoS massive)
2) What "reasons" can he give you that he is town? What did you expect in response to this?

In post 819, Boonskiies wrote:I just want to get to day 2 already for new information. We've been rehashing the same thing for the past 20 pages.

This looks like pre-emptive defense for having put a recently-flipped town player to L-1 with weak reasoning. "He kinda looked scummy but we got good info!"

So let's consider what info we'll get as you have gesticulated on that on a few occasions.

So from your expert analysis - whether BBT is scum or not, TTH is scum, and if BBT IS scum then I am also scum. I also like to plant the seeds for future lynches without any real evidence early on in the game when I'm playing as scum.

In post 819, Boonskiies wrote:
Doogal/AK haven't been around lately. Scrambles/GreyIce slot seem off to me. Especially considering Omph didn't unvote after joining in and we haven't seen him since. Also scrambles was kind of random and didn't back anything else up. Definitely worth looking into tomorrow.

So in addition to BBT, TTH, me and Massive being suspicious, you are also suspicious of Scrambles, Jagged, and Doogal? Isn't that what you're saying here?
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:45 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 1210, Green Crayons wrote:
@TTH:
I'm shocked,
shocked
to learn that you don't like my posting once I basically state that you're in my Top 3 scum suspects.

I am petty.

But not that petty.

There's a difference between being confident in a townread and
knowing
someone is going to flip town. I think you venture into the latter category for a couple reasons. The townread on BBT isn't that well-founded in the first place and your witch-hunting from the BBT wagon is bad at that. How did Ruffling and Doogal get their positions on your scum list?

In post 1206, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I'm also pretty sure you think I'm town but won't back down due to neighbour meta.

But you don't have to worry about neighbour meta. Because I'm town.

Say what you want, but scumhunting (especially when I do it) is unreliable. No amount of wishes and promises is going to make it go away.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:47 am

In post 1215, TellTaleHeart wrote:
Say what you want, but scumhunting (especially when I do it) is unreliable. No amount of wishes and promises is going to make it go away.

OK, so just to confirm.

You're scum-reading me, but doing absolutely nothing to push my lynch. Correct?
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:49 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

No. In fact, I might unvote in a second.
Csareo
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:49 am

Post by Csareo »

BBT has a habit of repeating things others bring up.
Frustrating indeed.
Always need fresh blood
http://www.edeb8.com/
Csareo
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:50 am

Post by Csareo »

In post 1217, TellTaleHeart wrote:No. In fact, I might unvote in a second.

Don't. Please fucking don't.
I'm sure you can acknowledge that BBT's flip is indicative to Greencrayon's allegiance.
A push on him wouldn't work anyways, and I wouldn't support one even so.
Always need fresh blood
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:52 am

That sounds like an
excellent
idea.
Csareo
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:54 am

Post by Csareo »

I'm taking wake's advice and not insulting BBT, but the guy really tests my patience.
He reminds me of a snotty 12 year old.
Always need fresh blood
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:55 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 1219, Csareo wrote:

I'm sure you can acknowledge that BBT's flip is indicative to Greencrayon's allegiance.

What's your read on massive?
Jagged Appliance
Jagged Appliance
Goon
Jagged Appliance
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:59 am

Post by Jagged Appliance »

I retract my scumread on Doogal. I went back over him again and he reads town in his early play, checking GreyICE's assertion that Anatole was lying, asking questions of BBT and TTH. He unvotes to avoid a quickhammer which reads genuine and towny. He's mostly absent other than that. I don't like his answer to the 4th question Green Crayons asked but it's not enough to move him into scum territory. Sorry for all the nulls, I feel a bit out of my depth here.
Csareo
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:59 am

Post by Csareo »

In post 1222, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 1219, Csareo wrote:

What's your read on massive?

It still remains scum
Always need fresh blood

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”