Mini Normal 1609: The Case Of Doctor Pepper (Game Over)

Csareo
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:39 am

Post by Csareo »

w/r/t justifying ALL my reads (thanks for the caps now I now you didn't mean only some of them):

Uh, no? It's not relevant or helpful to go into full detail about how I feel about every single player, and why. It makes for pretty good fodder for scum to make a big fuss about irrelevant discussion, though.

I am scum hunting, and it is not relevant. This question is extremely important to me, and how I read you.
Why are you trying to impede me scum hunting? I really need your help here, so justify the reads.

Man you're really trying to make this buddying thing harder than it actually is.

No, I'm really not.
You made an accusation that had no evidence or logic behind it. I could call you scum, but without evidence, the reasoning is bullshit.
Now would you pressure me on why I accused someone of being scum without evidence? I would, as it's a well known scum tell.
Making baseless accusations and saying they're certain is a "scum tell".
Coming into the game 25 pages in and making naked reads is a "scum tell".

Be cooperative, and this will go over a lot easier.
Always need fresh blood
http://www.edeb8.com/
Csareo
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:40 am

Post by Csareo »

Post Edit
and it is relevant
Always need fresh blood
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:52 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 540, massive wrote:You just have to think of us as tall, handsome strangers that you meet by happenstance. What questions would you ask us then? Rufflig, do you like pina coladas? Long walks on the beach?

It would seem then that you don't have any problems developing your thoughts on the other players. Care to tell us what you think about the major candidates now? Boon, BBT, Csareo?

Your flirting is pretty smooth, but needs a bit more subtlety.

Anyway...

Everything Ruffling is saying
sounds
good, but I lack faith that Csareo or Boonskiies are actually scum (which is really the meat and potatoes of Ruffling's recent activity). In particular, I think the Boonskiies read seems kind of lacking because I currently have a town read on Boon.
Again, I don't really know what to ask for. I could just do the brute force method of demanding a reads list, but even if I see one of those I don't really know what I'm looking at since my reads list is a quagmire of hellacious indecision itself.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:53 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

I have several issues with Green Crayon's opening post 600.

Spoiler:
- w/r/t TTH versus BBT, the annoyed neighbors, I would perfer lynching TTH. But if we're only going off of the fact that they are neighbors, and TTH's third post in the QT, I don't want to lynch either.

For something that was the centerpiece of the debate for quite some time, Green Crayon's doesn't have much to say about his reads on either of us. Why would he prefer to lynch me? Is it because I'm scummy? Because he thinks BBT is town? We don't know and Green Crayons doesn't say. It leaves quite a bit to the imagination.

Speaking of leaving things to the imagination:
Spoiler:
- lol @ wake versus Anatole. Wake comes out looking worse by being super active about things ranging from really inane points to bad theories to blatant misunderstanding of what Anatole is saying. Is this wake's "divisive" play style TTH went on about? Ultimately looks like town versus town, but ~*~ who knows ~*~ .

-----

- GreyICE's excessive hostility towards Boon (noted by Wake), and invoking a non-scum kill (noted by Boon), is slightly suspicious considering the time within the game it occurred.

- GreyICE's poorly done research on Anatole's history with neighbors is null, potentially slightly town. His Great Retreat from the thread after being called out may be embarrassed town.

I read these three paragraphs and I learned absolutely nothing. Does he really think that Wake is town? Why is that? What gives him reservations? Or are these "reservations" made up in order to appear town? What
exactly
about GreyICE's "excessive hostility" is alignment indicative and what is the verdict on GreyICE?

Who knows?!

The highlight of the post, the Csareo case, is also pretty lacking.
Spoiler:
@Csareo:

- In Post 294 you say wake "appears to be right," but then you recognize the mod actually undercuts wake's position. You also appear to have missed TTH's Post 283 and wake's Post 288 further undercutting your approval of wake's speculation.

Care to comment?

- Whoa calm down on your buddying with wake, you're making it so darn obvious. (Post 294, Post 296, Post300, Post 304, Post 305, Post 308.)

- lol, whoa you're really going whole hog on this buddying wake business. (Post 350.) Okay, whatevs.

- Appears to set up a one-two back to back lynch of BBT and TTH (Post 400, Post 401, Post 403), and doesn't seem to care if they're town so long as he finally gets to know the mechanics of the neighbor role (Post 403 and Post 407).

When you think about the case and strip it to its core, it consists of: buddying Wake and "lining up lynches" of the neighbors.

Csareo is hardly the only one guilty of advocating a lynch sequence. Off the top of my head, I recall BBT, Wake, and Anatole advocating a sequence lynch at some point ("if one of them flips town, lynch the other one" or something to that effect).

You really think Csareo is scum for buddying Wake? Why?
Csareo
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:58 am

Post by Csareo »

You stole the words right from my mouth. Or you're repeating what I said.
I think the contrary, as my posts aren't the easiest to decipher :lol:
Always need fresh blood
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:00 am

Post by Anatole Kuragin »

In post 628, TellTaleHeart wrote:I have several issues with Green Crayon's opening post 600.
Csareo is hardly the only one guilty of advocating a lynch sequence. Off the top of my head, I recall BBT, Wake, and Anatole advocating a sequence lynch at some point ("if one of them flips town, lynch the other one" or something to that effect).

Pretty sure I never did that.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:11 am

Post by Green Crayons »

@TTH:

- I don't happen to have a solid read on TTH or BBT (hence I don't want to lynch either one), and never claimed to. But simply from the neighbor discussion, TTH comes out worse than BBT and therefore IF that was what we were going to pit the lynch contenders as, I would prefer TTH over BBT.

Whoo boy the neighbor discussion took up several pages, but amazingly there's not much to glean from it in terms of TTH v. BBT.

- Wake may be town! Wake v. Anatole looks like town v. town. But then again, I asked wake a bunch of questions, in the hopes of further discerning my opinion of him. Stay tuned.

- You said:
When you think about the case and strip it to its core, it consists of: buddying Wake and "lining up lynches" of the neighbors.
Yup.

- You said:
Csareo's Posts 350 through 407 read like scum trying to polish a turd of a reason to lynch BBT and TTH back to back. Other players who mentioned the possibility did so on the basis of a bad theory that was more in the abstract than a solid push (wake) or under the caveat that he is actually town (BBT) -- so not really the same thing.

- Csareo's jumping in to defend wake at a time when the wake v. Anatole argument was a blood red boil looks opportunistic and suspicious, and reading through it caught my eye.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:15 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Oh, w/r/t "excessive hostility" being alignment indicative -- it can be the easiest emotion to fake and therefore a scum can easily look like flustered/angry/annoyed town.

GreyICE's hostility towards Boon came out of nowhere, and looked manufactured. Someone later on talked about how GreyICE apparently just HATES FUN AND FUNNY GUYS and therefore this helped explain his adverse reaction to Boon's play, meaning GreyICE's hostility towards Boon was pretty minimal in terms of being insightful.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Csareo
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:34 am

Post by Csareo »

You forgot to justify your reads on doogal and ruffling.
As for the wake thing, that's just plain ridiculous.
Did you ever care to think I simply agreed with Wake and not Anatole?

@TTH-I think your reads have switched on me a couple times. Are you still scum reading me? (I believe that was implicated earlier)
Always need fresh blood
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:37 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Oh, further clarification:
In post 631, Green Crayons wrote:- You said:
Yup.

That, of course, was simply for my vote as it then existed. Since that time, there's Csareo excessive hostility/defensiveness and his crazy wrong silver bullet about buddying.

Also this is downright adorable scum melodrama:
In post 608, Csareo wrote:That contradiction was so outright blatant.
Please lynch him tommorow, as I'll probs be NK'd
Csareo
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:41 am

Post by Csareo »

You're just taking things and saying they are scum
"Greyice is scum because his reaction was fake"
"Your buddying was scum"
"Downright adorable scum melodrama"

I'm not buying into the bullshit you're spewing.
Is it arrogance that keeps you from admitting you're wrong, or the fact that BBT's about to be sweeped?
Always need fresh blood
The Rufflig
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:02 pm

Post by The Rufflig »

In post 568, Csareo wrote:Just waiting for ruffling to hop in and defend you.

I'm afraid that I'm going to disappoint you. Most of what you have said does not directly contradict what has happened in the game; so, BlueBloodedToffee gets first crack at refuting your arguments. There is one thing that I am going to correct.

In post 538, Csareo wrote:Look what he said a couple of posts before he voted for me...

BBT voted for you in (iso BBT #57). What he said previously was in (iso BBT #22). There is a much larger gap here than what you've stated.

Thank you for the case.
Don't Panic!
Where there's life there's hope. Be seeing you!
Wolf Avatar cropped from art by Deligaris@DeviantArt
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:11 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 635, Csareo wrote:You're just taking things and saying they are scum
"Greyice is scum because his reaction was fake"
"Your buddying was scum"
"Downright adorable scum melodrama"

One of these things is not like the others.

(Hint: you're misrepresenting what I said about GreyICE by blowing out of proportion my suspicion of him, and the basis of that suspicion.)

(Hint x2: contrast that with: your buddying
was
suspicious, and your "woe is me I'm going to get NKed you guys!" melodrama
is
scummy.)
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:32 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 616, Anatole Kuragin wrote:
In post 611, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 586, Anatole Kuragin wrote:Everything about BBT reads to me as over-excited town so I don't plan on voting him unless some new shit comes to light. It's also unlikely if he's town that he has another role to claim besides neighbor so it's probably a dead end road.

Wouldn't over excited town be less defensive and more tunnel-y?

I would think it would depend on the player. He seemed genuinely upset he was outed by his neighbor and I think
he thinks
he keeps seeing all of these scum tells and is going after them.

This is going to be one hell of an assocation tell if he flips scum.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:36 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 586, Anatole Kuragin wrote:Everything about BBT reads to me as over-excited town so I don't plan on voting him unless some new shit comes to light. It's also unlikely if he's town that he has another role to claim besides neighbor so it's probably a dead end road.

Okay, so you town read him, but you can at least see why people are scum reading him (myself included), right?
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:37 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

@Crayons:

NOOOOOO I TOLD YOU IT WAS A TRAP GET OUT OF THERE NOW
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:38 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 639, Boonskiies wrote:

Okay, so you town read him, but you can at least see why people are scum reading him (myself included), right?

Do you really need his approval of your reads?
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:01 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

I'm looking for inconsistencies and ignorance. Usually I tend to believe people are super ignorant, when in fact they are just scum.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Csareo
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:09 pm

Post by Csareo »

Can someone make a VC?
Always need fresh blood
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:28 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 594, Bert wrote:
Vote Count 1.05

BlueBloodedToffee(5)
– TellTaleHeart, Flubbernugget, Csareo, Boonskiies, Doogal121
Csareo(3)
–scrambles, The Rufflig, Green Canyons
Boonskiies(2)
– massive, BlueBloodedToffee
Anatole Kuragin(1)
– GreyICE
GreyICE(1)
– Anatole Kuragin
Not Voting(1)
–Wake88

With 13 alive, it's 7 to lynch.

DoctorPepper will tabulate the new, extended deadline shortly.

Mod notes:

Let me know if you ever see any errors. :)
Green Crayons replaces Rambler, effective immediately. GreyIce has been prodded.[/area]

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:29 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

It's quoted, but I updated it still. ^

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:39 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 604, Csareo wrote:It is ATE, or why else would you even respond to that post?

So, you use meta to support your argument, but you disregard any meta that completely contradicts the case you're trying to push right? This, this is why meta is such a shit tool for scum-hunting. It's so subjective.

In post 638, Flubbernugget wrote:
This is going to be one hell of an assocation tell if he flips scum.

And when I flip town?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Csareo
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:22 pm

Post by Csareo »

So, you use meta to support your argument, but you disregard any meta that completely contradicts the case you're trying to push right? This, this is why meta is such a shit tool for scum-hunting. It's so subjective.

I didn't use meta. ATE is not a meta tell, it's a general scum tell.
Always need fresh blood
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:24 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 647, Csareo wrote:

I didn't use meta. ATE is not a meta tell, it's a general scum tell.

In post 569, Csareo wrote:I've read enough of your past games to know your meta is off.

In post 572, Csareo wrote:Meta is an okay tool. When you play with people for a long time, you can tell when something is off.
I'm using the meta change as more of a "supporting reason" on why we should lynch you.

This is you not using meta then?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Csareo
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:28 pm

Post by Csareo »

The fact that greencrayons and ruffling refuse to elaborate on BBT show's he's being protected.
Especially after all the scummy things he's done. If I had to follow my gut, I would say I'm being wagoned simply to give resistance to the BBT lynch.
I have been pushing it the hardest. The guy, has litterally been the biggest, and most scummy player on the forums, but he manages to stay alive.

Ignoring his blatant meta switch-up, he's succumbing to wishy washy voting and ATE. I have played this game for a long time, and it all feels so amatuer scum.
Always need fresh blood

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”