Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:25 am

Post by Cephrir »

Votecount 1.19

xofelf 8 (geists, Egg, ActionDan, Always, Nero Cain, AngryIcerink, Moogle Dance Troupe, BBmolla)

shos 6 (BulbaFenix, Majiffy, ProHawk, TSO, Lord Mhork, Young and Beautiful)

Nero Cain 4 (Abomination, Squirrel Girl, Mist7676, shos)

Wake88 3 (beastcharizard, Squirrel Girl, Svenskt Stål)

Abomination 1 (Katsuki)
Lord Mhork 1 (Wake88)
beastcharizard 1 (Venmar)
Young and Beautiful 1 (Birds of Prey)

Not Voting 4 (neil1113, The Goat, HighShroomish, xofelf)

15 to lynch.

Deadline: July 18, 2 PM EST.
Last edited by Cephrir on Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:26 am

Post by Cephrir »

neil1113 replaces Clyton.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:05 am

Post by beastcharizard »

UNVOTE:

Wake, you better impress me.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:27 am

Post by Egg »

In post 1117, Lord Mhork wrote:I sometimes read shos' posts. I don't think they ever really sink in though
There goes your entire case then.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:32 am

Post by Majiffy »

I really hate each and every person not voting shos right now.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:33 am

Post by Egg »

</3
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:34 am

Post by Majiffy »

Hat
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:57 am

Post by Egg »

Dude. Low blow.
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:49 am

Post by Lord Mhork »

In post 1120, Moogle Dance Troupe wrote:AD's role seems to give him similar information about multiple teams. Our role says various things that reflect on what the scumteam may have (and directly states that naraku is in the game).

The demon thing is not scum-indicative, it's town-indicative. Given that flavor clearly matters for alignment, scum have fake flavor claims. If he's scum, he has at least three buddies and at least four fake flavor claims to look at. He would also know that ceph wouldn't screw him over by giving him a demon claim if demon meant scum. Scum shos would know with certainty that demon isn't scum-indicative.

That case on shos is bad. Here's the good case: Shos's play suggests that he wanted a wagon to build on him, as if he had planned from the beginning to pull this whole flavor-IC bit, which casts some doubt on it's authenticity. He also acts as if there's no harm in revealing that his flavor is the main character of the series. Lastly, he infers that scum are undead from his role PM, which apparently is exactly right (according to AD), while I can't think of a great reason why inuyasha's role would mention undead at all.

I don't think that case is strong enough to outweigh shos-town evidence, though.

-kagami
Or, and here's an idea, what if scum could be composed of demons and undead and regular Joe Schmoes? That's called good game design. It helps games from being broken by dumbass flavor gaming. If we have flavor cops to detect for undead or demonness, you can bet your ass any halfway decent designer with any semblance if a brain will make some demon/undead town and some not.

Why were you afraid, shos about whether your being a demon would hurt you with regard to roles? The only goddamn reason that makes sense for town would be if it could give out a false positive, in which case, if you thought demons were a scum team, you would claim to be a town aligned demon. That would be protown. Like I said, scum would be nervous and want to wait to make sure that demon wasn't just another word for scum.

YOU SAID THAT YOUR ROLE PM LET YOU INFER THE 'OTHER' SCUM TEAM IS UNDEAD. Somehow your PM let you know there were two teams and one of them was undead. That's literally what your post is saying right now.

SG pretend to be a protown player. Why is shos town?

Moogle claiming demon doesn't make him look town. If anything at all, it is a solid null. What are you even trying to say with your fake claim statement? Also I wanted to vote AD too for privileged info there but everyone was more than happy to bitch about that to.

Why would his PM mention undead? I don't know. Maybe there undead fake claims. Maybe scum get to know the flavor of the other team. Maybe I'm wrong and ceph did actually make teams that all were the same flavor and he inferred the opposite of his demon team. I don't know. I do know that none of this points to obvious shos town on any level.

Also you're a dumbfuck calling Beetlejuice on xof like that. If she could play, she'd post something. I'm betting she'll be replaced by the end of the week, followed prolly by a dumb speed wagon because 'obvscum xof.' It's asinine
Show
Seven Deadly Sins. Six thrilling chapters. One epic adventure.
Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
Chapter One: Burnt Offerings

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:50 am

Post by Lord Mhork »

I don't know why that post was quoted.

Majiffy wanna help? Aren't you used to bullying town into voting scum?
Show
Seven Deadly Sins. Six thrilling chapters. One epic adventure.
Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
Chapter One: Burnt Offerings

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:16 pm

Post by xofelf »

Hi sorry, finally back from holiday stuff and shitnet.
I have some reading to do still. But one thing I did notice in my readthrough before I left was SquirrelGirl doublevoted and they are both represented in the vote count.. How did everyone miss that? I'm inclined to believe she's town because as far as I know a double-voting scum would be highly unlikely. Unless someone has seen it otherwise?
Another thing is, I'm not so sure that Shos' Inuyasha claim is legit. I don't see why he would just name claim and hope that would cover his ass. As has been previously stated, main character doesn't automatically mean he's town. If you're hoping to convince us of you being town, you're gonna have to give us more than that.
As for the votes on me, other than what appears to people as me lurking, I don't understand the votes on me. I'm not trying to lurk, I just have a lot going on and this game isn't my first thought. I have to be in the right mindset these days to even try to do mafia stuff. I will try to work on being better with that.
I'll have more thoughts later once I catch up. Possibly a reads list. Depends on how much actual content is here.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Birds of Prey
Birds of Prey
Goon
Birds of Prey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:28 pm

Post by Birds of Prey »

shos, your language mirrored my language and I'm a demon. Inuyasha is a demon in the show. It's not a big leap to conclude you are a demon.

xofelf, shos's play makes sense if you believe he thought no main characters were fakeclaims ever.

Shos can be a PR or a VT. I believe it was Castle mafia that had Kate Beckett as a VT. It was either her or Castle that was.

As for the shos and xofelf wagons, don't you find it interesting that the lurkers just up and abandon one wagon for another. That's Troupe and Molla. Y and B votes shos trying to swing momentum.

Y and B need to die. Yesterday.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:40 pm

Post by shos »

I'll rephrase everything for you.
my role pm has the word undead, and somewhere in it, it also has the word demon, when not relating to me, okay? so I took that as a 'oh the scum are probably the undead and demons'. and that's it. alrgiht? now. you're town mhork, so stfu and move on.

Tis Bird of Prey character is town. who did he replace?
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:46 pm

Post by xofelf »

Woah, Egg. You really seem to be gunning for me and yet none of your reasons seem very legitimate. What's up with that man?

@Birds: And there's the thing. I don't believe it. A good mod gives their scum team good fakeclaims. Ceph I am inclined to believe is a good mod so he would for sure do that. The other thing is, unless he's a newbie, he should know that mods are inclined to give main characters as fakeclaims. I mean, I've only played 2 or 3 large themes, and even though I was town in both of them, I seem to remember both mods giving their scum some really nice fakeclaims. Even nonlarges get main character fakeclaims on occasion.

Also, Molla, I'd heard it on good authority that you are likely to say things or vote people to garner their reactions to them. I don't see you doing that here at all. What's up with that?

@Mhork, I thank you for your defense on me while I was gone. I'm not entirely sure why you felt you had to do that though.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:48 pm

Post by xofelf »

So Shos, what you're saying is that you're InuYasha, who is undead and somewhere demon is mentioned?
Uhhh... In my fairly limited theme knowledge(Provided Ceph is even sticking to it for everything) Inuyasha is far from undead and never gains that status.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:50 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 1138, xofelf wrote:Also, Molla, I'd heard it on good authority that you are likely to say things or vote people to garner their reactions to them. I don't see you doing that here at all. What's up with that?
Large themes overwhelm me. I don't do much in large theme day 1s, I find them tedious to follow.

I like the rest of the game, day 1 is just rough for me. I just want to lynch someone scummy and go to day 2.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:57 pm

Post by shos »

In post 1139, xofelf wrote:So Shos, what you're saying is that you're InuYasha, who is undead and somewhere demon is mentioned?
Uhhh... In my fairly limited theme knowledge(Provided Ceph is even sticking to it for everything) Inuyasha is far from undead and never gains that status.
lol hun read the game please, what is this nonsense.
I'm InuYasha, demon. that is all I've said.

somewhere in my pm is mentioned undead and demons in another context, in a way that to my understanding supports a theory where one group of scum is undead and another is made of demons.

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:58 pm

Post by shos »

In post 1140, BBmolla wrote:
In post 1138, xofelf wrote:Also, Molla, I'd heard it on good authority that you are likely to say things or vote people to garner their reactions to them. I don't see you doing that here at all. What's up with that?
Large themes overwhelm me. I don't do much in large theme day 1s, I find them tedious to follow.

I like the rest of the game, day 1 is just rough for me. I just want to lynch someone scummy and go to day 2.
And yet you were voting me up until the last VC. how does this hypocrisy work?

(anyone willing to flashwagon molla?)

xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:17 pm

Post by xofelf »

Lol okay, I thought I was misreading but was making sure. I still don't understand why you're refusing to claim your role.
And fair enough Molla. I can appreciate that.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:30 pm

Post by ActionDan »

In post 1143, xofelf wrote:I still don't understand why you're refusing to claim your role.
?_?
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:34 pm

Post by Egg »

Xofelf, a few thoughts after reading your posts.
-I noticed the double vote. Just didn't see any reason to point it out.
-Tell me why my reasons for voting you aren't legitimate.
-What is your read on Mhork? And don,t give a fencesitty null or say you could see either side. I want to hear town or scum.
-Shos didn't even have to claim. He was like L-7.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:39 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 1142, shos wrote:
In post 1140, BBmolla wrote:

And yet you were voting me up until the last VC. how does this hypocrisy work?

(anyone willing to flashwagon molla?)
You were scummy, I don't see what you don't understand
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Always
Always
Goon
Always
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:43 pm

Post by Always »

In post 747, Lord Mhork wrote:._.
Xof literally said V/LA in the post before you voted her >.<
Why Mastin?
Well, because I think the wagon's a good one, deserves votes, is good for info, can get other people talking about it aside from xofelf, and her V/LA isn't that long meaning that she'll be back to respond soon enough.

...Or I didn't see it but the above happens to all be true anyway. :P
In post 750, Cephrir wrote:
shos 7 (Moogle Dance Troupe, BulbaFenix, Majiffy, ProHawk, TSO, BBmolla, Nero Cain)

xofelf 6 (Svenskt Stål, geists, shos, Egg, ActionDan, Always)
Nero Cain 4 (Abomination, Squirrel Girl, Mist7676, AngryIcerink)
Rhaego 3 (beastcharizard, Lord Mhork, Squirrel Girl)
Lord Mhork 1 (Rhaego)
Abomination 1 (Katsuki)
TSO 1 (Young and Beautiful)
Katsuki 1 (Rhaego)
I mean, look at this. Second-largest wagon, behind by only one vote. I assume the wagons have shifted since then (this is basically a blind catch-up), but it's bound to be filled with relevant info anyway in the shift.
In post 758, Birds of Prey wrote:As for the major wagons which are anything with 5 votes are more... look here.
Abomination
(shos, Venmar, kdowns, Nero Cain, Young and Beautiful)
(shos, kdowns, Nero Cain, Young and Beautiful, T S O, Rhaego)
(shos, kdowns, Young and Beautiful, T S O, Rhaego, Katsuki, Nero Cain)
(shos, kdowns, Young and Beautiful, Rhaego, Katsuki, Nero Cain)
(shos, Mist7676, Young and Beautiful, Katsuki, Nero Cain)
shos
(Moogle Dance Troupe, BulbaFenix, Majiffy, ProHawk, TSO, BBmolla, Egg)
(Moogle Dance Troupe, BulbaFenix, Majiffy, ProHawk, TSO, BBmolla, Egg, Nero Cain)
(Moogle Dance Troupe, BulbaFenix, Majiffy, ProHawk, TSO, BBmolla, Nero Cain)
(Moogle Dance Troupe, BulbaFenix, Majiffy, ProHawk, TSO, BBmolla, Nero Cain)
xoelf
(Svenskt Stål, geists, shos, Egg, ActionDan)
(Svenskt Stål, geists, shos, Egg, ActionDan, Always)
Egg and Nero seem to be the only ones moving. Sure the bottom has a lot of motion but not the top. When something else gets going, it usually disbands.
Pretty sure my VCA was filled with better analysis than yours is.

...And I explicitly called mine IioA. :shifty:
In post 751, Birds of Prey wrote:I don't think you ever explained your assumption this was multiball geists. Which head thinks that? Why?
There's also a lot of wagon movement coming up very fast. I need to review that. Eyeballing this though, there's very little overlap between the wagons. People are being quite fixed in wagons and they are rising and falling with incredible speed.
:shifty:
(Have I mentioned they're scum?)
In post 765, AngryIcerink wrote:"lol nero is such a scumbuttt"
Could be. Analysis pending. (Not just on him, btw. On lotsa people.)
In post 768, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 759, Squirrel Girl wrote:I have no town read on Abomination - I have no read at all on her.
In post 689, Squirrel Girl wrote:I have a town read on Geists,
Abomination
and AngryIce.
Fair catch that I'm interested in Squirrel's response to.
AngryIcerink
AngryIcerink
Goon
AngryIcerink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:47 pm

Post by AngryIcerink »

In post 1135, xofelf wrote:SquirrelGirl doublevoted and they are both represented in the vote count.. How did everyone miss that?
Didn't think it was super relevant. Being able to vote two separate people at once isn't necessarily a town role.
In post 1135, xofelf wrote:If you're hoping to convince us of you being town, you're gonna have to give us more than that.
So you think Shos is scum? Why? I see you defaulted to thinking he is without really saying anything about it.
In post 1138, xofelf wrote:Woah, Egg. You really seem to be gunning for me and yet none of your reasons seem very legitimate. What's up with that man?
What reasons? Why are you calling Egg out over anyone else on your wagon?
Always
Always
Goon
Always
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:00 pm

Post by Always »

For the record--in the Nero vs. AIR debate, purely on an objective note, Nero's getting absolutely massacred by AIR. The whole debate is a whole bundle-load of null not really changing my opinion on either slot, but if you were to label one side a winner in the fight, it'd be hands-down AIR.
In post 819, Venmar wrote:Is shos scum other than his lack of apparent lack of content?
Fine point. (*brofists Venmar*)
In post 798, Young and Beautiful wrote:
In post 797, T S O wrote:he has done fuck-all and he continually tells us he will. and then doesn't.
80% of the time this is a nullishtown-tell.
FTFY. The other 20% when it's scum generally involves scum not wanting to make it for good reason (e.g. it would have an undesirable effect for them to do so), but it's 80% town (town being more prone to apathy, laziness, and falling behind in general) or null (something that could happen as either alignment and is not intentional, thus, not something to use as a tell).
In post 775, Cephrir wrote:
shos 7 (Moogle Dance Troupe, BulbaFenix, Majiffy, ProHawk, TSO, BBmolla, Nero Cain)

xofelf 5 (geists, shos, Egg, ActionDan, Always)
Nero Cain 4 (Abomination, Squirrel Girl, Mist7676, AngryIcerink)
Rhaego 4 (beastcharizard, Lord Mhork, Squirrel Girl, Svenskt Stål)
Lord Mhork 1 (Rhaego)
Abomination 1 (Katsuki)
TSO 1 (Young and Beautiful)
Katsuki 1 (Rhaego)
Young and Beautiful 1 (Birds of Prey)
Not Voting 4 (Clyton, The Goat, Klick, xofelf)
So the xofelf wagon shrinking and shos wagon staying the same should really tell you something; shos is town and xofelf is far more questionable.
In post 784, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 780, AngryIcerink wrote:I have already indicated that the difference between Shos and others today is that
Shos's wagon was very low-resistance, which is correlated with a town alignment.
@bolded oh smurf no
You can't call him out on this without also calling me out on this, as this has, is, and continues to be my stance on the matter as well.
In post 800, Svenskt Stål wrote:
Your post is awkward as hell.
(That's because they're scum.)
In post 818, BBmolla wrote:The xofelf wagon is pretty attractive just by who is on it
But I think shos is scum so can we focus our efforts on that first?
Badposting.
I'm reevaluating all of my reads, but Molla's still a fine candidate for being scum. I'd think Mollatown would join the xofelf wagon at this point. Without hesitation. Heck, maybe without explanation. (Molla's fond of naked voting.) Not this.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”