Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:43 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Votecount 1.13

shos 7 (Moogle Dance Troupe, BulbaFenix, Majiffy, ProHawk, TSO, BBmolla, Nero Cain)

xofelf 5 (geists, shos, Egg, ActionDan, Always)

Nero Cain 4 (Abomination, Squirrel Girl, Mist7676, AngryIcerink)
Rhaego 4 (beastcharizard, Lord Mhork, Squirrel Girl, Svenskt Stål)

Lord Mhork 1 (Rhaego)
Abomination 1 (Katsuki)
beastcharizard 1 (Venmar)
TSO 1 (Young and Beautiful)
Katsuki 1 (Rhaego)
Young and Beautiful 1 (Birds of Prey)

Not Voting 4 (Clyton, The Goat, Klick, xofelf)

15 to lynch.

Deadline: July 18, 2 PM EST.
Last edited by Cephrir on Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:14 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

hehe @ this mini tirade. Caught scum is caught and is flailing about.

In 707 you asked if I had a scum read on you. That's it. Now maybe SG is scum and tried to make it look like I had dropped a scumread on Abomination. Maybe she's town and was really interested. IDK and I'm not really interested in that. What I AM interested in is that fact that AP said you asked me who was scum on my wagon yet you never did and you never bothered to correct him.
In post 773, AngryIcerink wrote:That is literally what you said. You are embarrassed scum or have extremely poor language skills.
In post 703, Nero Cain wrote:'cause its a 28 player game so there's going to be a butt load of scum and there's no traction for lynching abomination but just LOOK at Shos and he's really doing nothing. Why do you have a town read on him?
1. Your stated rationale for no longer voted for Abomination is that there's "no traction" for lynching him --
nevermind that that in no way makes him more likely to be town.
Never claimed that like at all. When a player is doing nothing but whining about being wagoned and doing no scum hunting what so ever its kind of hard to have a town read. True, what he's doing is essentially active lurking but saying this guy is scummy for active lurking=//=I'M LURKER HUNTING!. Both you and AP are experienced enough to know that scum do active lurk so you finding me scummy for thinking Shos was active lurking scum is pretty :igmeou:
Further more, me sitting on a wagon that has like 1 person when it takes 15 to lynch is really anti-town and does nothing to move the game foreword. Sure we have like two weeks till deadline and maybe if I scream and yell enough about how Abom is scum people will stop ignoring him and read the shit he's posting but I don't really see why I should care about 1 scum more than another scum. Are you scum with Shos and you wanted me to keep yelling and screaming at the scum not on your team so I can split the votes?

2. Your emotional appeal to lynching Shos is that Shos has "really do[ne] nothing" and OMG YOU MUST HAVE A TOWN READ ON HIM IF YOU DONT' WANT TO LYNCH THIS DO-NOTHINGER [AKA LURKER]

I mean I [departing from AP, who was more meh] had more of a scumread on Shos anyway and I found this bad.
I HIGHLY doubt that if you were town and say a player doing shit all you'd not have a scum read/be suspicious of them...so what is your case on Shos?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
AngryIcerink
AngryIcerink
Goon
AngryIcerink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:25 pm

Post by AngryIcerink »

Other people can judge whether AP really "blatantly misrepresented" you. I requoted everything.

You are correct that sometimes it is OK to not vote a scumread simply because they are unlikely to be lynched. This is why I didn't really want to push you, after all. You are also correct that sometimes scum can active-lurk, though that isn't actually what you accused shos of, even if that was your intent. Though even if you had done that/did intend to do that, it reads like you're indicating behaviors rather than alignments. Like, THIS MAN VIOLATED THE LAWS OF PLAYING MAFIA GOOD. LET'S LYNCH HIM! vs. LET'S LYNCH THIS PERSON WHO IS SCUM DUE TO X.

I had/have scummy feelings from Shos because I've only played one game with him before, and IIRC he was scum and pretty similar to this. I don't remember the game, though; I only remember because I recognize his avatar. Nice deflection. :p

I'm wary of voting/lynching shos mainly because his wagon was disproportionately easy.

- Iec
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:36 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

So....Shos is doing nothing.

You claim that I'm scummy for thinking this is a scumtell.

You say you've played with Shos before as scum and he was acting like this.

What's the difference?

This is also muliball so your reason for not wanting Shos lynched is p bad.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:38 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 777, AngryIcerink wrote:though that isn't actually what you accused shos of
YOU just got done yelling and screaming about how I was switched my vote 'cause I was "lurker hunting" You and AP are terrible as a scum hydra.

AngryIcerink
AngryIcerink
Goon
AngryIcerink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:57 pm

Post by AngryIcerink »

You are scummy for indicating "basically doing nothing" as the reason for voting him. That is a scummy reason to select a target to vote (or at best a very poor way to express yourself). Full stop.

Your decision to recontextualize this as active lurker hunting -- subsequent to taking exception to being called a lurker hunter, which makes me pretty skeptical that your original reasoning was as you now claim -- is just that.

I think town Nero or town anyone would have a different reaction to this kind of pressure. You would still take exception to being scrutinized like any normal person, but you would also acknowledge that your language is absolutely inviting an interpretation at odds with how you're claiming you're intending it.

I have already indicated that the difference between Shos and others today is that Shos's wagon was very low-resistance, which is correlated with a town alignment. You know -- basically, the opposite of the reason you unvoted Abomination. :roll: EDIT: You even explicitly indicate that you understand the difference. :laugh: Please attempt to deflect to Shos more, btw.

PS: Please never say "multiball" ever again good lord. (Yes, I'm aware that AP used it earlier.) But it doesn't really change things if present, as there would still be half as many scum opposed to scum.

lol @ "yelling and screaming"

- Iec
Svenskt Stål
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:07 pm

Post by Svenskt Stål »

In post 778, Nero Cain wrote:So....Shos is doing nothing.

What's the difference?

This is also muliball so your reason for not wanting Shos lynched is p bad.
What makes you assume that this is multiball?
AngryIcerink
AngryIcerink
Goon
AngryIcerink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:10 pm

Post by AngryIcerink »

ActionDan claimed his role PM implied the game was multiscum. Mhork subsequently argued that this made ActionDan scum. Then Bulba said at least one of them was scum.

-Iec
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:13 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Well this is also a 28 player game and multifaction games are extremely common so common sense kind of says so.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:27 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 780, AngryIcerink wrote:You are scummy for indicating "basically doing nothing" as the reason for voting him.
no but if you think this is Shos' scum meta why would you think I'm scummy for being right?
In post 780, AngryIcerink wrote:Your decision to recontextualize this as active lurker hunting -- subsequent to taking exception to being called a lurker hunter, which makes me pretty skeptical that your original reasoning was as you now claim -- is just that.
If a player is doing nothing at all is basically active lurking, however, you said that I was a lurker hunter as you in felt I was specifically going after low posters which isn't true but I guess I can kind of understand how you'd get "lurker hunting" from accusing someone of doing shit all.
In post 780, AngryIcerink wrote:I have already indicated that the difference between Shos and others today is that
Shos's wagon was very low-resistance, which is correlated with a town alignment.
I'm not really sure what this is about....

@bolded oh smurf no
You know -- basically, the opposite of the reason you unvoted Abomination.
So if you believed this why did you never point it out or join the Abomination wagon?

AngryIcerink
AngryIcerink
Goon
AngryIcerink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:38 pm

Post by AngryIcerink »

I think you're voting for shos because you think he is mislynch bait based upon how you responded when you were asked about it. That's what I find scummy.

OK @ the second/third. It sounds like you think that scum are different from townies in that they vote for scum more than town do, which I find to be a little bit bogus! But OK!

Contrary to how you characterized it, the Abomination wagon actually had plenty of traction up until several pages in. By then I had a little bit of a town read on Abomination already, due in part to the number of sketchy people pushing his wagon. But I know AP has a scum read on Abomination for some reason, I think because he thinks your interaction with him on page 2 was suggestive of early distancing (i.e., because the wagon was so dumb that it would obviously dissipate). But I think it's on the unlikely case and not worth considering until several days from now.

- Iec
Ner+Far
Ner+Far
Goon
Ner+Far
Goon
Goon

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:58 pm

Post by Ner+Far »

In post 785, AngryIcerink wrote:I think you're voting for shos because you think he is mislynch bait based upon how you responded when you were asked about it. That's what I find scummy.

OK @ the second/third. It sounds like you think that scum are different from townies in that they vote for scum more than town do, which I find to be a little bit bogus! But OK!
This is just putting stuff into my mouth.
In post 785, AngryIcerink wrote:Contrary to how you characterized it, the Abomination wagon actually had plenty of traction up until several pages in.
ok....but I was still riding the abomination wagon up until the time where it was me and Kats voting it and everyone calling it town. If you are going to try and out argue me atleast get the facts right please.

This also doesn't explain why you never voted it or why you didn't point out that you thought it was scum as you implied in 780.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:00 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 786, Ner+Far wrote:
In post 785, AngryIcerink wrote:I think you're voting for shos because you think he is mislynch bait based upon how you responded when you were asked about it. That's what I find scummy.

This is just putting stuff into my mouth.
In post 785, AngryIcerink wrote:Contrary to how you characterized it, the Abomination wagon actually had plenty of traction up until several pages in.
ok....but I was still riding the abomination wagon up until the time where it was me and Kats voting it and everyone calling it town. If you are going to try and out argue me atleast get the facts right please.

This also doesn't explain why you never voted it or why you didn't point out that you thought it was scum as you implied in 780.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:01 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 778, Nero Cain wrote:So....Shos is doing nothing.

What's the difference?
I'm also very interested to a reply to this.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:04 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 438, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 431, Iecerint wrote:Also usually when lots of people think someone is town with relatively little controversy ala Clyton that person is usually town. Scum feel awkward dethroning people, especially when the throning is caused by such ambiguous things.
I don't agree with this. First, ad populism is stupid and is the 'cause of 95% of all mislynchs. Second, if Clyton is scum but getting town read...why would scum try to dethrone him?
I'd also like to get an actual answer this time.

Svenskt Stål
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:11 pm

Post by Svenskt Stål »

In post 782, AngryIcerink wrote:ActionDan claimed his role PM implied the game was multiscum. Mhork subsequently argued that this made ActionDan scum. Then Bulba said at least one of them was scum.

-Iec
Thanks.

You guys seem pretty town, also thanks for signing your posts.
AngryIcerink
AngryIcerink
Goon
AngryIcerink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:14 pm

Post by AngryIcerink »

1. I am showing the scumNero interpretation of your words to make my perspective as clear as possible, though, since you feigned not being able to understand why I found it scummy in your previous post. It goes without saying that I think the scumNero interpretation is valid.

2. You attempted to argue that because the Abomination wagon had poor traction, by my logic, he would be more likely to be scum. (Again, a super curious deflection, and an irrelevant one, as lack of consistency, even if applicable here, isn't a scumtell, blahblah etc.) My response explained why his wagon was different -- there was great traction that dissipated, which is very different from the converse of Shos's wagon.

3. I explained why I didn't vote for Abomination at the start in literally my very first post in this game. :roll: It's basically the same reason as I've just articulated above.

4. I already addressed the Shos thing multiple times and I will not repeat myself. Please rephrase the question if I am somehow answering a different one.

5. @789, for the first sentence, thinking someone is town has nothing to do with mislynches. So that part sentence is kind of non sequitur and irrelevant to what I am talking about. For the second sentence, that is the perfect time to distance, as it is distancing that will be forgotten until isos come into play late game. Distancing doesn't entail "dethroning;" it just means something like the AD->Katsuki interaction I explained earlier.

- Iec
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:31 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Why havent we lynched obvscum shos yet? Scum afraid to bus their rb?
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Svenskt Stål
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:43 pm

Post by Svenskt Stål »

In post 8, shos wrote:VOTE: abomination

YAAAAY I AM SESHUMARUUUU
In post 468, shos wrote:
I don't get it.
If I am lynched for 'claiming sesshumaru' I am gonna lol at you all with .y finger pointed at your nose

You will never lynch me if I claim. Lets halt at that. So if you guys are willing to, grab some more votes and Ill xlaim so we dont waste time
In post 442, shos wrote:Im skimming through the phone, it seems I have tons pf votes on me, on kill lists, am scum in a known group, and more. You got this thoughts how, exactly?

I kinda understand the 'first post sesshumaru fishing' idea but well I didnt plan to be this inactive, that shouldnt have been a problem :/

Everyone voting shos

The "sesshumaru fishing" case is bad.

I can follow his train of thought and his increased frustration in this matter, I would say, based on this alone, that he is more likely to be town.

If there is another case against him speak now or forever hold your peace.
Svenskt Stål
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:48 pm

Post by Svenskt Stål »

When I say "
more likely to be town
" I obviously mean more likely than rand and nothing else.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:13 am

Post by Majiffy »

Sven iso me there is a full case that has nothing to do with stupid rvs claims.

||
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:15 am

Post by Majiffy »

Nvm I guesd I never posted it. Ill post it when I get online on not-my-phone next.

||
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:48 am

Post by T S O »

he has done fuck-all and he continually tells us he will. and then doesn't.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Young and Beautiful
Young and Beautiful
Goon
Young and Beautiful
Goon
Goon

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:57 am

Post by Young and Beautiful »

In post 797, T S O wrote:he has done fuck-all and he continually tells us he will. and then doesn't.

80% of the time this is a scumtell.

Y, why did you move my vote to T S O? He is at least amusing scum. Shos doesn't even bother to put up a performance!

VOTE: shos

- b -
WILL YOU STILL LOVE ME WHEN I'M NO LONGER YOUNG AND BEAUTIFUL? ... (I KNOW YOU WILL)
Moogle Dance Troupe
Moogle Dance Troupe
Goon
Moogle Dance Troupe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:04 am

Post by Moogle Dance Troupe »

In post 793, Svenskt Stål wrote:...

The "sesshumaru fishing" case is bad.

I can follow his train of thought and his increased frustration in this matter, I would say, based on this alone, that he is more likely to be town.

If there is another case against him speak now or forever hold your peace.
Agreed that the sesshomaru part is kind of bad-ish, though it is a very strange and stupid thing to do. My vote on shos was for his awkward opinion that "flavor and alignment are unrelated" in , which only makes sense to me if he's either a really scummy flavor that's town aligned or a town-ish flavor that's scum aligned. Usually the former is accompanied by a flavor claim. We know one group of scum includes naraku (probably naraku and his incarnations), but it's hard to come up with another group of characters who are obviously scummy, suggesting the latter is reasonably likely.

Anyway, shos's confidence that his claim makes him unlynchable suggests that it probably does. My best theory at this point is that he's kagome and is an IC, which basically fits with
everything
he's said/done so far, so I kind of just want him to pop it if that's right so we can move on.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”