Mini 1582: Formerfish's First Foray (Game Over)

Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:05 am

Post by Grib »

Hi friends.

Vote: Nul

Second Vote: massive

Yes, seriously.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:36 pm

Post by Grib »

Vote: KittyMo

Second Vote: bjc

See, I can vote for people without saying anything too.

@KittyMo: Hi there. Who's your scumbuddy?

@bjc: What's up? Tell me about yourself.

@ILF: Hai. Vote for someone?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (isolation #2) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:57 pm

Post by Grib »

RVS is fun. Like a party. A party of innocents and killers. And in the future, we can look back on these votes and see who was random and who may have been plotting.

Kitty, give us words.

@Boonskiies: What kind of bone do you have to pick with Kitty?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (isolation #3) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:51 pm

Post by Grib »

I think ILF meant KittyMo jumping on her wagon with a wordless vote.

Let's see. Already five votes on a single person. Who is the sneaky scumbag slipping onto the ILF wagon? In an attempt to pull away from a KittyMo lynch?

Hey elk, would you say it's OMGUS if you vote for someone voting you, 100% all the time, regardless of context?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (isolation #4) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:13 pm

Post by Grib »

Drew, it's good for generating counter-wagons to ease us out of RVS and really get the ball rolling. I think it's odd that ILF's wagon picked up speed so quickly. And when KittyMo had four votes on her.

ILF gave her reasoning for voting KittyMo. KittyMo hasn't given her reason for voting ILF, which is why ILF voted for her. (Also she clearly stated it wasn't an RVS? Are you reading her posts?) For Some Reason you're operating under the impression that she was thinking, "I disagree with the KittyMo wagon. VOTE KITTY!"

Vote: Drew-Sta

Second Vote: Drew-Sta

Tell me about yourself.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (isolation #5) » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:39 am

Post by Grib »

Drew, elk put ILF at L-2? And KittyMo was at L-3. So.

Well, the way I see it, if this were a world where only one of ILF or Kitty were mafia, there's a greater chance it would be Kitty. It's only the second day of Day 1, so I'm not anywhere near confident yet. Just guessing.

I don't really know what a footy is, probably not a foot massage? But I'm okay, thank you. I had a weird nightmare and could use a hug and maybe some chocolate milk.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (isolation #6) » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:08 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 44, bjc wrote:tl;dr
So. Are you scum or just a liability?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (isolation #7) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:42 am

Post by Grib »

In post 51, Drew-Sta wrote:
In post 41, Grib wrote:Drew, elk put ILF at L-2? And KittyMo was at L-3. So.
I honestly didn't see this. The last day and a half have been very busy due to work so I'm missing things. I just went back and had a look - elk made one post, and it was the vote on Fairies... That's quite suspect too. Seems to be an opportunistic lurker right there...
In post 41, Grib wrote:Well, the way I see it, if this were a world where only one of ILF or Kitty were mafia, there's a greater chance it would be Kitty. It's only the second day of Day 1, so I'm not anywhere near confident yet. Just guessing.
Why Kitty? I'm not suggesting you're wrong, just trying to get a broader picture. "I didn't see it" can't work forever.
In post 41, Grib wrote:I don't really know what a footy is, probably not a foot massage? But I'm okay, thank you. I had a weird nightmare and could use a hug and maybe some chocolate milk.
:lol: Footy is this.
Gotta start opening your eyes, child.

"If there a world." Starting a read with that sentence feels like I'm stretching it. It was the way the wagons came about. This isn't really something I'm going to defend to the death, because. It's only the third day of Day 1.

Oh, sports. Duh. >_>

@Boonskiies: I'm looking at Shinobi's three posts and they don't match what you're claiming.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (isolation #8) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:56 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 63, shinyskarmory wrote:-le snip-

Grib votes KittyMo and demands a "scumbuddy" for no reason. Generally RVS doesn't last more then one vote per person, which is part of why I think his post is odd.

On the other hand, it isn't quite as bad in my mind as Boonskies jumping on the Kitty wagon with his very first post. I do agree with grib in that Boonskie's play is pretty suspicious, but at the moment I'm not sure if it's noob town or scum. Need more posts to analyze.
You could ask me what my reason was instead of auto-assuming no reason. And if you seriously think RVS stops at one vote per wagon, then laugh.

Why are you still voting for elk? Go talk to Boonskiies, he's posting tons.
In post 78, I Love Fairies wrote:
In post 74, Boonskiies wrote:Correct, because either way, I believe Shinobi is acting scummier than you are, but I wouldn't be surprised if you ended up being scum. I'm pretty dead set on Shinobi though, well, because gut, as Shinobi said.
I'd rather we not lynch a townie just to confirm my alignment.
Tell me that wasn't a slip. Don't make this too easy for us.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (isolation #9) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:10 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 81, Boonskiies wrote:It can be a confirmation as to as if she is town or scum. I didn't read it as a slip, but that was just me. I'm saying this, and I do indeed think there is a high probability of her being scum.
So you think Shinobi is scum because he voted for the person who was voting for ILF? Is that all?

Why do you think ILF might be scum? You've only given (some) reasoning for Shinobi.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (isolation #10) » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:53 pm

Post by Grib »

This post is mostly just me skimming for things directed at me specifically:
In post 86, KittyMo wrote:By the by, thoughts on Drew at this point? You're still pow-powing him with them doublevotes.
I wasn't really buying his multiple "whoops totally didn't see that" excuses, but. I'm waning. He's probably town.
In post 93, OkaPoka wrote:Grib is going to be one major/scary player if he is scum.

This might go down poorly.
Lets hope he is town.
You called?
In post 104, OkaPoka wrote:We all love RVS don't we?

I just want to point out Grib will be major in the game, but I yet to feel sure in Grib scum.
Unless I get shot toNight, or god forbid, lynched. Fingers crossed.
In post 105, Boonskiies wrote:I have a big town read on Grib. That's why I'm so worried...it's almost too big.
So do something about it? I'm right here.
In post 92, Drew-Sta wrote:
@ Grib
re

You posted this:
Gotta start opening your eyes, child.
Can you clarify? I don't understand.

Re post - My spidey sense picked up on that too (the
'I'd rather we not lynch a townie just to confirm my alignment.'
comment by ILF). Still thinking it over.
I kept pointing out things you apparently missed. Stop missing things, is what I meant. In a gentle way.

It's probably nothing. But it'll be there if it becomes relevant later in the game.

===

Unvote

Second Unvote

Rereading the thread. My reads are annoying me. But some things I'm feeling now are:

/Boonskiies is probably town? I don't understand it myself, but. His hyperfocus on possible? ILF/Shinobi mislynches makes me think he's less likely to be scum.
/OkaPoka is FoS'ing me and. Doing nothing about it. Sadness. Also we're not in RVS anymore.
/Drew-Sta is an adorable slice of pie and I'm. Mostly leaning town on him.
/KittyMo is also adorable and can be town for now. I feel like I'll have a better grasp on her later, if we're both alive.
/I want to see more of Octopus because. I love sea creatures.
/I want elk pressured until he turns into a diamond.

Vote: OkaPoka

Second Vote: theelkspeaks
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (isolation #11) » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:49 pm

Post by Grib »

@ILF

That's okay. He's a little odd and I want him to post more so I can either move my vote somewhere else or rain double hell upon him.

And happy birthday.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (isolation #12) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:19 am

Post by Grib »

@Boonskiies

I have him as town, and it would be nice if he could stay that way.

@Octopus

Hello there. The wording of my role PM would indicate to me that it is entirely optional. I just like showing off.

@massive

I'm liking the Oka wagon. But I still want to see more of him. And shinyskarmory. And bjc. And theelkspeaks.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (isolation #13) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:04 pm

Post by Grib »

@bjc

I was going to say something, but I decided you must be in the middle of a Thing so I'll leave you be. Have fun, fellow maybe!PR.

Does that mean you'll jump onto the fastest wagon in town?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (isolation #14) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:46 pm

Post by Grib »

Oh, come on. bjc is the laziest wagon I've ever seen.
In post 148, bjc wrote:I thought I was about to be wagoned.
I am at least 95% sure this is sarcasm. Also why is everyone assuming it's a fake PR claim? I just. Don't care for wine this early.
In post 147, OkaPoka wrote:DON'T CLAIM PR.

PR attracts scum to target you, unless that is what you want.
I'm technically a PR. Scum hasn't done shit to me yet. But I'm waiting.
In post 154, I Love Fairies wrote:
In post 151, OkaPoka wrote:How'd you know he falsely claims?
Because a real TPR wouldn't claim unless they were actually about to be lynched. Even when being wagoned, a TPR is not justified in RCing until they're at L-1 (L-2 if it's suspected we have someone notorious for quickhammering).

There's basically one consideration that I can think of that would be considered townish if someone RCed early, but given how unlikely I feel that situation is I don't think this is the case.

Boy, I sure do wish I could vote bjc again!
Why are you answering a question that wasn't directed at you?
In post 157, OkaPoka wrote:I want to know how he was so confident in false claiming. I know it might be scummy to quick claim, but Boon doesn't mention it AT ALL.

I think Bjc, and Boon are scum.

Bjc is definitely scummier, but Boon is still suspicious.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: BJC
Oh, Christ, what even. Why are you suddenly so sure it's a false claim? Also you didn't ask ILF this question, and the fact that you're taking her answer and running with it is just. No.

Vote: OkaPoka

Second Vote: OkaPoka

Kill Oka with fire.
In post 162, shinyskarmory wrote:We could also use today's lynch to test Grib's doublevote. With his unique type of doublevote, a double hammer is theoretically possible as outlined by the wiki here: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Doublevoter. We can push our two most favored votes to L-1, and have Grib hammer them both. If he refuses, we can lynch one of the two without his help, then lynch him the next day if they come up scum. This would allow us to both confirm Grib's role as well as giving us twice as many chances of hitting scum. However, we also run the risk of losing two villagers right off the bat before night 1 even begins.
Wow. That's neat.

@Mod: What say you about this? Allowed?

A lynch occurs when a player has reached 7 votes.

In post 166, bjc wrote:So of those that jumped on me after the claim, who is most likely to be scum: boon or shiny? I know shiny didn't officially jump on, but it's there.
I'm going to be so disappointed if scum actually jumped.
Last edited by Formerfish on Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (isolation #15) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:50 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 163, OkaPoka wrote:I like this idea.

But I want BJC and Boon to be lynched.

Grib won't refuse. Refusing is scummy.
I'll vote for whoever the fuck I want. Scumpaint me harder.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (isolation #16) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:51 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 168, KittyMo wrote:uh so there's 12 players and 13 votes counting grib's 2 which is not enough to doublehammer (can't have 2 people with 7 votes on them simultaneously.) there has to be an odd number of people alive for that to work. I actually already got mod confirmation that doublehammering is possible though a couple of days ago; just wasn't relevant to bring up. perhaps that's part of why this is 12p and not 13p
Oh well. Good to know.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (isolation #17) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:35 pm

Post by Grib »

@ILF

I think his lynch isn't worth it toDay (inb4 wine and he's a scum mastermind). bjc is deliberately drawing attention to himself with his whole shtick, so. I'm not inclined to jump onto his wagon like opportunistic scumbags (not pointing any fingers cough cough) looking for kindergarten-level easy justification. Why are you asking me specifically what I think of the wagon? Also answer my question in .

And I seriously don't buy that bjc is your only scumread. Tell me what you think of Oka, since his wagon tops yours and bjc's. Also why are you making up your own answers for why I voted Kitty a thousand years ago when prompted by other people instead of asking me directly what my motivation was? I imagine it was pretty obvious (and mostly irrelevant now), but I can explain if you really want to know.

@Shinobi

Hey there. How's it going. I'm really looking forward to your reasoning on that vote right thar. Spoiler: short of a scumslip, massive isn't getting lynched toDay, so you'd better deliver something magnificent.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (isolation #18) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:50 pm

Post by Grib »

ty Kitty.

Also I'm giving bjc the BOTD and, barring evidence to the contrary, will assume he's town!trolling for reactions, which. I can roll with. So I won't be voting for him.

@Boonskiies

About Oka: Uh. Why don't you tell me? Oh, wait, you already did.
In post 111, Boonskiies wrote:
VOTE: OkaPoka

Everyone of his posts were him trying to bring focus on Grib, who is seemingly a role with two votes, and the rest has been him changing who he had been voting for. I'll ease up on Shinobi for now.
In post 115, Boonskiies wrote:Well, he keeps trying to put Grib on the spot. If Grib is town, we obviously want to keep him because of the second vote. Other than that, I don't think anyone else is outstandingly scummy. It doesn't make sense for a townie to lynch a town role with two votes.
What I want to know is why you jump from Oka to bjc, aka Easiest (Mis?)Lynch Ever, Even Though He May Be A PR, That's Not Really Something You Want To Immediately Eliminate From The Game. That's like, the same reason people are giving Oka shit.

Also I'd really like it if you walked me through your scumreads on ILF and Shinobi > suddenly Oka vote! > super subtle shift to massive, whoops you don't even share your own opinion on him > practically throwing yourself onto bjc, eating up his troll bait like it's your job > back to scum!Shinobi! Except you're not doing anything about it? > now you're confused on whether or not Oka is scum, even though. You were voting for him just a while ago. And I don't think he's really done anything to town it up between then and now.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (isolation #19) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:43 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 111, Boonskiies wrote:
VOTE: OkaPoka

Everyone of his posts were him trying to bring focus on Grib, who is seemingly a role with two votes, and the rest has been him changing who he had been voting for. I'll ease up on Shinobi for now.
In post 115, Boonskiies wrote:Well, he keeps trying to put Grib on the spot. If Grib is town, we obviously want to keep him because of the second vote. Other than that, I don't think anyone else is outstandingly scummy. It doesn't make sense for a townie to lynch a town role with two votes.
So yeah let's be careful with leaving the hammer up to unreliable and unpredictable players.

The wagon + NK's are hurting me. I'll be back after I've slept and cleared my mind.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (isolation #20) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:47 pm

Post by Grib »

Wow, that multi-quoted from a long time ago. Ignore those as I'm obviously talking about bjc.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (isolation #21) » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:04 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 240, bjc wrote:I'm surprised no one has voted me.
I think we're mostly going to ignore you.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (isolation #22) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:11 pm

Post by Grib »

I'm still going through the thread + keeping up with current posts, but this sort of. Caught me. With claws. Scummy as fuck claws.
In post 257, Boonskiies wrote:
In post 252, Drew-Sta wrote:
Boonkskiies, , and . They almost seem like an attempt by you to highlight your mistake / poor play and therefore press for towncred. You've emphasised this - three times to me is emphasis although that's just me and can discuss this in a very public way. What are peoples thoughts on this? Boon?
I was like dead certain Shinboi was scum, and I came out looking scummy when I was wrong. My OkaPoka vote was policy lynch, lack of suspicion on anyone else. And for Bjc, I won't let a hammer happen on that, I just find him obnoxious. And that's coming from me. Other than that, I have no suspicions, as I never thought that ILF was scummy, despite Shinobi leaning towards her being town. My read on ILF is completely town now.
In post 257, Boonskiies wrote:Other than that, I have no suspicions, as I never thought that ILF was scummy, despite Shinobi leaning towards her being town. My read on ILF is completely town now.
In post 257, Boonskiies wrote:Other than that, I have no suspicions, as I never thought that ILF was scummy,
In post 257, Boonskiies wrote:as I never thought that ILF was scummy
I never thought that ILF was scummy
Uh. So you're saying these
In post 59, Boonskiies wrote:
Unvote: KittyMo

I believe ILF and Shinobi are scum. As soon as someone tried to get some votes onto ILF, Shinobi tried getting that person lynched. And again, Shinobi just tried and protected ILF. I get that he 'might be trying to save a townie', but I just don't buy it.

Vote: Shinobi

I will hammer on ILF if an extra vote is needed though.
In post 68, Boonskiies wrote:Thanks for clearing that up. In any case, I'm still going to stand with my votes. Shinobi's play on the first page, voting for the person who voted for ILF immediately after didn't add up anything to me, until he tried getting away from the ILF vote. I think they're scum buddies.
In post 74, Boonskiies wrote:Correct, because either way, I believe Shinobi is acting scummier than you are, but I wouldn't be surprised if you ended up being scum. I'm pretty dead set on Shinobi though, well, because gut, as Shinobi said.
In post 81, Boonskiies wrote:It can be a confirmation as to as if she is town or scum. I didn't read it as a slip, but that was just me. I'm saying this, and I do indeed think there is a high probability of her being scum.
are all fake?

Vote: Boonskiies
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (isolation #23) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:10 pm

Post by Grib »

Holy shit. First of all, shut up.

Second, that is not the same fucking thing as "I never thought ILF was scummy." Do you know what "never" means?

If you think a person is scum with someone else, the logical conclusion is that you think they are fucking scummy. You are going to read their posts from a scum POV because you think they are scum. I don't like how you "suspected" ILF but didn't do a damn thing about it, and not only are you townreading her now, but? She's your
only
actual read? You have no suspicions at all? Seriously?

You voted for Oka yesterDay, now conf!town, then switched (convenient!) to bjc, which looks awful because you came up with a bunch of reasons why he could be scum, but then you tried to justify it as a policy lynch, aka you didn't seem to care if you were lynching scum or not. Funny how you didn't push for a Shinobi lynch more, given you felt so strongly about him and based your whole read on a completely different individual on his flip. And still makes me want to push you into quicksand laced with poison ivy.

Also -- I just checked -- you, in fact, did not start the bjc wagon! You know who did? Your scumteam! Surprise!
In post 152, Formerfish wrote:
Vote Count 1.6

bjc
- Shinobi, I Love Fairies, Boonskiies (L-4)
OkaPoka- massive, Grib (L-5)
I Love Fairies- bjc, theelkspeaks (L-5)
theelksspeaks- KittyMo, Grib (L-5)
KittyMo- Octopus, OkaPoka (L-5)

Not Voting: Drew-Sta

With 12 alive, it takes 7 votes for a lynch
(expired on 2014-07-03 00:22:00)
That's you, right there. After you voted him. Third on the wagon. WITH YOUR SCUMTEAM. Granted, Shinobi had his vote parked on bjc for the majority of Day 1, but really? On the same wagon as your guessed scumteam? If it was just one of them, maybe I could understand. But both? This was before you "townread" ILF, so. What's your excuse here?

Also, given shinyskarmory's flip, I want to know what prompted this post:
In post 217, Boonskiies wrote:I actually don't have a scum read on skarmory, and OkaPoka is just 'okay, WTF' for me. Can someone explain why you think OkaPoka is scum, other than the fact of RV?
You were never asked for a read on him.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (isolation #24) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:21 pm

Post by Grib »

It stands out now more than it did then because he was killed and flipped town. You mentioning him was out of the blue and deserves scrutiny.

And why are you trying to frame yourself as a policy lynch? I'm not attacking you because you're obnoxious, so you can go ahead and drop that accusation into the garbage where it belongs. Although openly admitting to acting the same way as a person you're willing to policy lynch is. Interesting.

Your reluctance to play the game is hurting your team, be it town or mafia. Cut that out and (pretend to) look for scum. Or die.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (isolation #25) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:33 pm

Post by Grib »

Why are you egging me on?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (isolation #26) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:41 am

Post by Grib »

In post 290, Boonskiies wrote:Lynching me today is almost guaranteeing a town loss this game.
Let's talk about why you think this. And why you're not even pretending to help town. Letting yourself get lynched out of spite is shitty.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (isolation #27) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:43 am

Post by Grib »

@Octopus

Yes. One vote. I'm trying to be careful about other people hammering. We have so much to discuss, no?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (isolation #28) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:44 am

Post by Grib »

Whoops, third post in a row.

Second Vote: Tattletales

As a friendly welcome.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (isolation #29) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:11 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 316, Boonskiies wrote:Grib has that second vote he could easily put on me. Not so sure I'm scum now, are you boys and girls?!!?!?!!?
Don't worry. I'm voting for you a hundred times over in spirit.

I'm in no rush to end the Day so you'll have to wait a little longer before you die.
In post 308, Tattletale wrote:So has no one noticed that Shinobi obviously died because he targeted scum? Why has this not been a topic of discussion?

Judging by his ISO, I think it's most likely massive.

VOTE: massive

bjc also needs to claim NOW after that #YOLO hammer. I do not abide soft claims.
Walk me through the "obvious" part. Make the discussion happen.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (isolation #30) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:38 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 319, Tattletale wrote:I appreciate this, because I was looking at you as a possible massive partner based on his choice to unvote you on page 12.
This looks like you are happy to lynch him instead of yourself, which would imply you are not partners.

Your ISO seems to have no end of odd mistakes in it, all the same.
Bussing is a thing.

Boonskiies is just latching onto other people's reads. He claims his two scumreads are bjc and Fat_Tony, does absolutely fuck all to push for their lynch, and then votes massive. Granted, the "massive accidentally killed Shinobi" scenario makes sense, but it still bugs me.
In post 320, Tattletale wrote:
In post 318, Grib wrote:Walk me through the "obvious" part. Make the discussion happen.
Hider is a 2-shot role that dies when targeting scum. He died, on a night when there were two kills. I would expect him to use one of the shots. He would have crumbed his strongest suspect and then tested them.
Man I love having two votes.

Second Vote: massive

Hey massive. What say you.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (isolation #31) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:07 pm

Post by Grib »

@massive

Oh, I don't know about that. I'd say Hiding with possible scum to out them is
definitely
worth trading your life for. Hiding with a townread is useless, unless they turn out to be scum.

I highly doubt Shinobi chose to Hide with shinyskarmory, which means Shinobi Hid with scum. Based on Shinobi's post, the FoS falls heavily on you.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (isolation #32) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:29 am

Post by Grib »

In post 337, Octopus wrote:How would it out the scum? An NK is an information barrier, without
a priori
knowledge of who the hider's target was then the reason for their death can only be speculation, it's equally as probable that they targeted the NK as they did scum.

Without knowing Shinobi's motivation in hiding, you really can't say who he would have targeted, if he chose to hide for his own survival then I would have listed shinysk as a good choice, from his participation I wouldn't have thought he would be a particularly likely NK target. Then again, why would Shinobi have thought he would be targeted?
Why, hello, doubtcast.

I can't know for certain what happened last Night. But Shinobi had an ability that could potentially out scum (you know what a Hider does so I don't know why you're asking how a Hider could out scum?), but he was limited to 2 shots. It would be very, very stupid to use that ability with the full intention of keeping yourself alive, full stop. That would make more sense for a scum!Hider. He voted massive, promised to explain his vote later, but Oka was hammered out of nowhere. So if you want to talk about prior knowledge, I say it's very likely that Shinobi's target was massive. Shinobi died, which means he either targeted scum or shinyskarmory. It would appear to me it is much more likely he targeted massive.

There's always the chance that he Hid with shinyskarmory, but I doubt it. There's always the chance that there is a Serial Killer in this setup and they shot Shinobi, but I doubt it. There's always the chance that the moon is made of cheese, but I doubt it.

My guess is that the scumteam is trying to play it safe with the NK's, rather than getting rid of people who would be difficult to mislynch. shinyskarmory was a very safe kill.

Are you suddenly afraid of lynching massive For Some Reason? You were sold on a massive/ILF scumteam a while back, no?

@Drew-Sta

Boonskiies/ILF scumteam? Maybe. There are too many scummy players and it's super annoying.

Boonskiies: flailing and whining and unhelpful.
bjc: unhelpful and hammering. sigh.
theelkspeaks: lurky lurky lurksack.
massive: the only blow against him is Shinobi's death. more discussion here, please.
Octopus: defense of massive when it really looks like massive could be scum. again, more discussion here. if I'm wrong, let's sort it out.

We're not lynching bjc. He's too easy of a bandwagon and he's probably town. If we lose to scum!bjc, whatever.

Also,
In post 322, massive wrote:Optimal hider play is to hide with someone they think town, not that they think scum. They generally aren't TRYING to get killed. That was my first thought of the day and unfortunately Shinobi's only contribution to who might be town was ILF "because gut." That's another notch against ILF (sorry, Tattlerale) but wasn't anywhere near conclusive enough to bring up. In any event, I figure I'm actually the LAST person Shinobi's would hide with.
I hate this post. If your ability could potentially out scum, the optimal town play is to try to die. Our wincon is to kill scum, not ensure every townie's survival.

I'm giving Shinobi the BOTD and assuming he targeted one of his scumreads. Anything else would be a waste of time.

@everyone

Let's put Boonskiies' death on hold for a second and talk about massive and Shinobi. Would Shinobi target a player nobody was really paying attention to in order to survive? Or one of his scumreads, one he didn't have time to elaborate on, in an attempt to out him?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (isolation #33) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:47 am

Post by Grib »

I'm just going to share my reads now, to show where I stand.

OkaPoka
Shinobi
shinyskarmory
Grib

theelkspeaks
bjc

Fat_Tony
Drew-Sta
Tattletale

Boonskiies
Octopus
massive

Me, bjc, theelkspeaks: not getting lynched. Fat_Tony, Drew-Sta, and Tattletale: not getting lynched toDay unless scumslip/compelling evidence.

For now,

Unvote

Second Unvote
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (isolation #34) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:22 am

Post by Grib »

In post 343, massive wrote:I have nothing further on this. None of us know Shinobi's night target and he didn't die from hiding with me. If he died because he hid with me, then it's because scum targeted me overnight and he died and I didn't.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's no way for Shinobi to die if his target survives. When you Hide with someone, you and your target are essentially the same person for the Night. There are literally only three possibilities:

/ Shinobi Hid with scum. 90% certainty.
/ Shinobi Hid with shinyskarmory. 8% certainty.
/ Shinobi did not Hide, and was targeted by a third party. 2% certainty.

I really hate this "we don't know his target so we should just drop it" talk. We also don't know who scum are. Does that mean we shouldn't vote because we could end up mislynching?

Tell me about your scumreads.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (isolation #35) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:02 am

Post by Grib »

In post 348, massive wrote:I tried valiantly to not put this information out, but I think we're getting away from finding the actual scum, so in the interest of expediency:

1. I
was
one-shot bulletproof.
2. There is the possibility I was a nightkill target, and that people going after me aggressively know that I was supposed to die and didn't die last night, and think that lynching me is the only way they can get me out.
3. This means that it's possible Shinobi hid with me and died for it.
4. This also means we have a second killer.
1) I asked for your scumreads, not your life story. You're claiming, but how does that relate to who you think is scum?

2) The only people actively going after you are the ones who think Shinobi Hid with you, i.e. Tattletale and I, because it makes the most sense mechanically. Do you scumread either of us? Boonskiies...I don't even know if he has legitimate reads of his own, so.

3) If Shinobi hid with a One-Shot Bulletproof who happened to be targeted by the mafia, Shinobi would have survived. According to the wiki, the Hider is treated like the target for all other roles' purposes. Shinobi would have been treated like One-Shot Bulletproof.

4) What are the odds of that, compared to Shinobi simply Hiding with his scumread?

@the bolded: One-Shot Bulletproofs aren't made aware of whether or not their protection is used up.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (isolation #36) » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:54 am

Post by Grib »

In post 369, Boonskiies wrote:And that's how you get yourself away from a near L-1 situation, folks.
Please stop making us want to kill you if you actually are town.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (isolation #37) » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:56 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 373, Boonskiies wrote:
In post 371, Grib wrote:
In post 369, Boonskiies wrote:And that's how you get yourself away from a near L-1 situation, folks.
Please stop making us want to kill you if you actually are town.
I'm trying to get you guys to stop! How many times must I say, "I'm town!!!!" Completely vanilla.
You've been saying that for ages now. We can read. But saying "I'm town" and doing fuckall else is making me less inclined to let you live.

I want to lynch massive or Boonskiies toDay, unless Octopus' promised post heavily condemns someone else.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (isolation #38) » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:52 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 387, Drew-Sta wrote:We're at an impasse, I feel. I've seen no evidence to change my vote.
Boon has not justified his behaviour
, so he's either a town member playing poorly or mafia trolling and getting away with it.

We need more interaction people. We need to work this our or it will cost us.
Seriously, though. This is what seals your fate, Boonskiies. If you flip town and you try to justify it with "but I
SAID
I was town!!", I will reach into the Internet and beat you until you are comatose.
In post 388, Tattletale wrote:I think we should lynch them both today.

Tomorrow is likely to be Lynch or Lose unless we hit mafia now.
With nine alive, we have ten votes total and five to lynch. Double hammering is an option, unless anyone is against it. I'm only a little wary of a world where both massive and Boonskiies are town -- the following NK would set us back three townies. And if there's more than two scum, that's game.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (isolation #39) » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:05 pm

Post by Grib »

So Boonskiies is a lost cause and there is no way we aren't killing him toDay.

Any massive defenses?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (isolation #40) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:31 am

Post by Grib »

In post 394, Fat_Tony wrote:Grib - do we know for sure that double hammering will work? Are your votes placed simultaneously or would the person who was voted first be lynched before the second? Probably important for us to verify that.
If I'm the one who hammers, both players would simultaneously reach the number of votes required to lynch. It should work.

But say the mod registers my first vote before my second one and only whoever the first vote was for is lynched. Then we simply lynch the other person toMorrow (provided they aren't shot, but I
highly
doubt that will happen). At worst, we only lose two townies instead of potentially three (if massive and Boonskiies are both town, that would...really suck).

I believe scum will probably shoot elk toNight, if they're going to keep with the safe kills.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (isolation #41) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:40 am

Post by Grib »

In post 398, Boonskiies wrote:Unless elk is scum. ^
Do you think he's scum or are you just riling up the paranoia for kicks?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (isolation #42) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:35 pm

Post by Grib »

I just realized this whole thing hinges on getting massive's cooperation.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (isolation #43) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:42 pm

Post by Grib »

I'm going to make two assumptions here:

- Shinobi used his ability last Night.
- scum did not submit a No Kill.

Shinobi died last Night. He was killed by the mafia, since massive claims to have shot shinyskarmory. Hider can't be targeted when they use their ability. Possibilities:

1) he Hid with scum
and
was targeted -- he would still die
2) he Hid with shinyskarmory
and
was targeted -- he would still die

Shinobi definitely didn't Hide with one of his townreads, that's for sure. There's a much simpler scenario: Shinobi hid with scum!massive, who shot shinyskarmory. Two dead townies. The end.

massive, even if you're town, your flip will be very beneficial and will definitely help narrow down what happened N1. Vote for Boonskiies.

@everyone

Tet Boonskiies and massive to L-1. Unless anyone has anything else they'd like to say, I'm prepared to hammer when they're both ripe for the lynching.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (isolation #44) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:45 pm

Post by Grib »

*Get

That's my cue to sleep.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (isolation #45) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:00 am

Post by Grib »

@Boonskies

"Give me another day to try and prove that I am town."

You've basically been sitting around occasionally throwing out "I'm vanilla," the end, full stop. You are clearly more interesting in surviving to endgame than lynching scum, which? Doesn't work as town. Even if we die, we still win if we lynch scum. So.

@massive

Aw, that's sweet. But don't go against wincon, it's not as much fun otherwise.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (isolation #46) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:01 am

Post by Grib »

@bjc

For the love of God do not hammer Boonskiies. Please vote for massive.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (isolation #47) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:50 am

Post by Grib »

3 scum + 1 NK vs. 7 town? Are you sure?

And what makes you so sure you'll hit scum?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (isolation #48) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:53 am

Post by Grib »

Also you realize it's much more beneficial for town to lynch confirmed third party than a maybe!scum? Our goal is to eliminate all threats, and you are a claimed threat. I don't like this deal-with-the-Devil shtick.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (isolation #49) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:55 am

Post by Grib »

In post 429, Grib wrote:3 scum + 1 NK vs. 7 town? Are you sure?

And what makes you so sure you'll hit scum?
Derp, SK*
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (isolation #50) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:47 pm

Post by Grib »

Yeah, double lynch probably isn't worth it.

Still, let's let the rest of the players digest what's happened.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (isolation #51) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:27 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 440, Boonskiies wrote:I'm not scum. After the night, if I don't get killed in the night, which I shouldn't, I shall be able to prove hopefully.
If you can't, you are going down.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (isolation #52) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:35 pm

Post by Grib »

For the record (in case I get shot), my preferred lynch order after massive is

Boonskiies > Octopus > Tattletale > Fat_Tony > Drew-Sta > bjc > theelkspeaks

Never lynch theelkspeaks.
Ever
. He is lurking and it's very likely he will die toNight, so this probably doesn't even matter. But still. I noticed some of you want to lynch him, but the answer is No.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (isolation #53) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:03 pm

Post by Grib »

Actually, it was all Tattletale. I...completely misunderstood Hider and didn't bother looking it up because I got it confused with something else.

Serial Killers are third party. They don't know who the mafia are. He is still considered a threat to the town.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (isolation #54) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:36 pm

Post by Grib »

Okay. It's time.

Vote: massive

massive toDay, Boonskiies toMorrow.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (isolation #55) » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:30 am

Post by Grib »

You hurt me in my heart, Drew. But that was a fantastic play.

And thanks bjc for saving town. I only doubted you a little bit near the end (mostly because I failed to reevaluate my townread on Drew).
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (isolation #56) » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:39 am

Post by Grib »

Also good job Tattletale, for condemning massive and mislynching the guy with a guilty on you.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (isolation #57) » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:46 am

Post by Grib »

Boonskiies felt the need to hammer Octopus, because...because.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (isolation #58) » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:50 am

Post by Grib »

In post 600, OkaPoka wrote:Why you day 1 lynch me?

:(

It's not our fault bjc swooped in out of nowhere.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (isolation #59) » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:06 am

Post by Grib »

bjc + ika bromance. Yes, I can see it now.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”