Mini 1582: Formerfish's First Foray (Game Over)

Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:47 pm

Post by Grib »

Wow, that multi-quoted from a long time ago. Ignore those as I'm obviously talking about bjc.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:49 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Vote Count 2.1

Not Voting: theelkspeaks, bjc, I Love Fairies, Drew-Sta, Octopus, massive, Boonskiies, Grib, Fat_Tony

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
(expired on 2014-07-11 23:35:00)
Last edited by Formerfish on Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:24 pm

Post by Fat_Tony »

Oh good, the person I was going to vote for is dead. (Shiny)

Hi everyone!

I'll do another read through later armed with this information and come up with something useful. Cheers.
Fatter, but still not Tony...

Record as town: 2-4 (33%)
Record as scum: 1-0 from 1 games (Mini 1584, werewolf). But I'm totally town this time, I promise.
Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:24 pm

Post by Fat_Tony »

Oh good, the person I was going to vote for is dead. (Shiny)

Hi everyone!

I'll do another read through later armed with this information and come up with something useful. Cheers.

Record as scum: 1-0 from 1 games (Mini 1584, werewolf). But I'm totally town this time, I promise.
Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:25 pm

Post by Fat_Tony »

BAD PHONE

Octopus
Octopus
Townie
Octopus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:47 pm

Post by Octopus »

Now that was unexpected!

VOTE: massive.
In post 200, massive wrote:ILF, I really want you to be town. I have a soft spot in my heart for newbies.
So much so that you had
no
hesitation in voting for Oka, a newbie, making newbie mistakes.
It would have been very easy to answer Octopus's question. So easy I almost answered it for you! "I found Boon suspicious when I voted for him, but now as the game has progressed, I no longer lean either way." Simple! But instead you give us a dance about how now you're leaning BACK towards him being scum
despite him not posting between when you gave him a "null" pass (#183) and now
... I just, I just don't know.
Let me get this right, obvious self-contradiction is not cause for voting but pestering a PR and voting for someone who he didn't believe to be a PR is?
Honestly, the thing you have going for you is the sincerity of your anger in and around #30-#60 and that's about it from my view. That (to me) is hard to fake. But you need to realize that, in this game, your words are going to get twisted and shoved back at you, and that's what wins or loses the game -- and it will take a while, but you've got to learn to differentiate between what's "poor reading comprehension" and what's willful misrepresentation.
Do you really think that ILF was genuinely angry in post 53? Lets analyse that. You know she is angry because she uses the word "fuck" lots, which she normally doesn't. She is, unlike some people on this site, one of those people who doesn't think that fuck is a punctuation mark, in fact she doesn't use that word again in any post before or after this tirade.
Now let me ask you a question, when you are so angry that you behave in an uncharacteristic way do you care about spelling? Do you spell check?
There is not one spelling error in that post.
It's, IMHO, fake angry.

Also, do you think that ILF has practiced willful misrepresentation? If so then shouldn't that be insta-vote?

I think that you and ILF are team-scum.
Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:34 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

Octopus - I try to spell correctly even if I'm raging. I think that's a shaky tell.

Drew-Sta
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:01 am

Post by Drew-Sta »

Before I get serious I just have to point out the utter hilarity of someone named 'Fat _Tony' joining a game of mafia. Are usernames a valid lynch argument? :lol: I've got this image running through my head everytime I see his name:

bjc
bjc
Mafia Scum
bjc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:26 am

Post by bjc »

vote: fat tony
"
I am literally panicking right now because
I'm a fucking VT
and it really looks like I'm gonna get lynched and that scares me. I'd like to survive past Day 1.
"
-The great LeMidget
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:38 am

Post by Boonskiies »

Welp, my Shinobi call was dead wrong.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Octopus
Octopus
Townie
Octopus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:10 am

Post by Octopus »

In post 231, Fat_Tony wrote:Octopus - I try to spell correctly even if I'm raging. I think that's a shaky tell.
Taken in isolation it probably is, but it is part of a whole.
In post 213, Boonskiies wrote:Lack of time allows me really to only make one line comments. I'm busy throughout the day due to an internship. When I have time I shall post my more explicit thoughts. Plus, my one liners get reactions, a la yours.
Shinobi has been my main scum read throughout this game, so that is my main reason for seeing it on the scummy side.
Boonskiies, why play multiple games badly instead of one game well?
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:36 am

Post by Boonskiies »

it's only certain days, this week especially. After this week, it's fine. After today, actually.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:34 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

@Drew - you're the first person to ever comment on that and I've been on the forums sporadically for 6 years. Well done :D

Oh good, bjc is in this game, I remember. Sigh.

Today we were supposed to start cat-sitting (long-term) for a friend of ours. She was supposed to arrive 2 hours ago and hasn't yet, and my day has been on hold waiting for that. So the time I thought I'd have POST that has not materialised. My apologies to all. Tomorrow I will MAKE the time to do a thorough read, but I am going to need to sleep before I can write something satisfactory here.

I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:02 am

Post by I Love Fairies »

VLA: Probably until Monday. Hopefully not that long.
A genius, huh? What does that mean? "Genius"? So I was not born with a whole lot of natural talent, not gifted like Neji… but I work hard and I never give up! That is my gift; that is my ninja way! ---- Rock Lee
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:27 am

Post by massive »

In post 230, Octopus wrote:Now that was unexpected!

VOTE: massive.
In post 200, massive wrote:ILF, I really want you to be town. I have a soft spot in my heart for newbies.
So much so that you had
no
hesitation in voting for Oka, a newbie, making newbie mistakes.
Note that it is YOU who call Oka's behavior "newbie mistakes," not me, and it is only with the lynch and the new day that you have anything at all to say about Oka, avoiding mentioning him AT ALL while we were in the process of lynching him. Pretty impressive. I voted him for legitimately scummy behavior, and so if you have qualms with my vote, at least address the actual reasons.
In post 230, Octopus wrote:
It would have been very easy to answer Octopus's question. So easy I almost answered it for you! "I found Boon suspicious when I voted for him, but now as the game has progressed, I no longer lean either way." Simple! But instead you give us a dance about how now you're leaning BACK towards him being scum
despite him not posting between when you gave him a "null" pass (#183) and now
... I just, I just don't know.
Let me get this right, obvious self-contradiction is not cause for voting but pestering a PR and voting for someone who he didn't believe to be a PR is?
There was almost 150 posts and five days between her angry post (#34, June 19) and her answering questions about it (#183, June 24). How long does it take you to form new opinions? How many posts?
In post 230, Octopus wrote:
Honestly, the thing you have going for you is the sincerity of your anger in and around #30-#60 and that's about it from my view. That (to me) is hard to fake. But you need to realize that, in this game, your words are going to get twisted and shoved back at you, and that's what wins or loses the game -- and it will take a while, but you've got to learn to differentiate between what's "poor reading comprehension" and what's willful misrepresentation.
Do you really think that ILF was genuinely angry in post 53? Lets analyse that. You know she is angry because she uses the word "fuck" lots, which she normally doesn't. She is, unlike some people on this site, one of those people who doesn't think that fuck is a punctuation mark, in fact she doesn't use that word again in any post before or after this tirade.
Now let me ask you a question, when you are so angry that you behave in an uncharacteristic way do you care about spelling? Do you spell check?
There is not one spelling error in that post.
It's, IMHO, fake angry.

Also, do you think that ILF has practiced willful misrepresentation? If so then shouldn't that be insta-vote?

I think that you and ILF are team-scum.
Again, you are putting words in my mouth. I said it read as legit frustration, and did not mention swearing, which you have taken as your "legitimizer." And in a game where every single post gets read and re-read, pored over and hyper-analyzed, I fucking spell EVERYTHING correctly. That's my MO and could very well be hers as well -- but I don't think it's relevant at all to whether or not the post reads as legit.

-----

I have to go back and re-read everything knowing the new town members. I don't know about ILF "willfully misrepresenting" things and, as noted, was not impressed by her by the end of Day 1. There's no hurry for me to vote before I can go back and re-read.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
bjc
bjc
Mafia Scum
bjc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:34 pm

Post by bjc »

I'm surprised no one has voted me.
"
I'm a fucking VT
and it really looks like I'm gonna get lynched and that scares me. I'd like to survive past Day 1.
"
-The great LeMidget
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:04 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 240, bjc wrote:I'm surprised no one has voted me.
I think we're mostly going to ignore you.
bjc
bjc
Mafia Scum
bjc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:47 pm

Post by bjc »

As long as you all know I'm town and let me hammer.
"
I'm a fucking VT
"
-The great LeMidget
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:31 pm

Post by theelkspeaks »

In post 242, bjc wrote:As long as you all know I'm town and let me hammer.
I have a really bad feeling about this post. I don't think it's a thing a townie would say. But I'm hesitant to vote him in case he's a PR. :(
bjc
bjc
Mafia Scum
bjc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:47 pm

Post by bjc »

Why isn't it?
"
I'm a fucking VT
"
-The great LeMidget
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:01 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

This confuses me so much.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Octopus
Octopus
Townie
Octopus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:14 pm

Post by Octopus »

In post 239, massive wrote:
Note that it is YOU who call Oka's behavior "newbie mistakes," not me, and it is only with the lynch and the new day that you have anything at all to say about Oka, avoiding mentioning him AT ALL while we were in the process of lynching him. Pretty impressive. I voted him for legitimately scummy behavior, and so if you have qualms with my vote, at least address the actual reasons.
Dodge the issue why don't you.
Oka's join date is there for all to see, it is more recent than ILF's If you have "a soft spot for newbie's", would that not also apply to Oka?
You can forgive blatant self-contradiction, but not being fascinated by the shiny baubles of PRs and RVS?
Does that "address the actual reasons" sufficiently well enough for you?

There was almost 150 posts and five days between her angry post (#34, June 19) and her answering questions about it (#183, June 24). How long does it take you to form new opinions? How many posts?

I didn't realise there was a statute of limitations on quoting and discussion of posts or their content, if you don't think there is any value in going back over old posts and re-thinking your opinion based on them then explain this:
I have to go back and re-read everything knowing the new town members.
Again, you are putting words in my mouth. I said it read as legit frustration, and did not mention swearing, which you have taken as your "legitimizer." And in a game where every single post gets read and re-read, pored over and hyper-analyzed, I fucking spell EVERYTHING correctly. That's my MO and could very well be hers as well -- but I don't think it's relevant at all to whether or not the post reads as legit.
What word's have I put in your mouth and when?
I quoted you verbatim and explained why I think your analysis is wrong, I don't buy it as sincere, you disagree. Disagreement is fine, but it doesn't mean I'm misquoting you or "putting words in your mouth" does it?

If you don't know about
'ILF "willfully misrepresenting" things'
then why did you bring the issue up?
In post 241, Grib wrote:
In post 240, bjc wrote:I'm surprised no one has voted me.
I think we're mostly going to ignore you.
That's my plan, though it's probably a bad one.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:28 am

Post by massive »

In post 246, Octopus wrote:Oka's join date is there for all to see, it is more recent than ILF's If you have "a soft spot for newbie's", would that not also apply to Oka?
Because ILF was promoting her newbieship in-game, as opposed to Oka, who never mentioned it. I don't make a habit of checking people's join dates. I don't make a habit of reading players' other games. So your point is moot, since it expects going in that I KNEW Oka was a newbie.
In post 246, Octopus wrote:I didn't realise there was a statute of limitations on quoting and discussion of posts or their content, if you don't think there is any value in going back over old posts and re-thinking your opinion based on them then explain this: (me saying I need to re-read)
Again, you are misrepresenting me. My point there was NOT that there is no value in rereading people's posts, but that your aggressive "willful contradiction" in regards to ILF takes place with long periods of game time in between, and you out-of-hand dismiss the possibility she may have just changed her mind.

[quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 6#p5982226]What word's have I put in your mouth and when?[/quote]

Well, for one, you claim I was talking about ILF willfully representing her opinions here:
In post 200, massive wrote:Honestly, the thing you have going for you is the sincerity of your anger in and around #30-#60 and that's about it from my view. That (to me) is hard to fake. But you need to realize that, in this game, your words are going to get twisted and shoved back at you, and that's what wins or loses the game -- and it will take a while, but you've got to learn to differentiate between what's "poor reading comprehension" and what's willful misrepresentation.
when it's obvious I'm telling her that, as a newbie, she needs to be able to discern between those two items, and not that I think she's doing it herself. You've also claimed I've been unforgiving about Oka's newbieness (which I've never mentioned). I do think you're misrepresenting me and I think it should be clear why.

But hey, you're working at least, which is more than I can say for 75% of the town.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:15 am

Post by Formerfish »

Drew-sta has been prodded.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:38 am

Post by massive »

Rereading, here are my thoughts.

1. Oka was dumb for being the first person to say "wait, how do you know [bjc] he's false-claiming" to Boon (#151), but then jumping on the bandwagon for the same reason. Doesn't mean we should ignore Boon's statement there though. I don't know how to give Oka's follow-through any credit though. Boon's post:
In post 150, Boonskiies wrote:About to be wagon'd so you falsely claim a PR? Scum.
Oka is even the one who points out that bjc was in no danger of being bandwagoned.

(Interestingly, ILF is the one who answers the question about knowing bjc is fakeclaiming in #153. She has a mad-on for bjc already at this point but hasn't gone full wall-o-text yet ... bjc makes an easy lynch target for scum though.)

2. Still don't like Bookskiies jumping on bjc's wagon. Or pretty much every wagon.

3. Why was KittyMo asking the mod about double-hammering (a la #168)?

4. Drew pandering to the most likely townie (Grib) in #173 makes me want to go back and re-read him in isolation.

5. ILF in #183: One of the reasons to vote bjc is "a bandwagon on me is still a possibility." At this point, ILF has one vote remaining on her (theelkspeaks) and there's one other viable bandwagon with some better-thought-out reasons than "I don't like bjc's play style." If this is a legitimate concern, and you count it as a legitimate reason for voting for someone (I don't know that I do), why bjc over OkaPoka? In addition, all of her "motivation" points expect bjc to being playing in the town's best interests, which we already know he's not, and SHE knows he's not.

6. ILF buddying me in #199 is yikes. Would really like answers to my questions in #200.

7. Man I'm really curious why Shinobi was willing to vote for me in #202. Interesting though that Octopus picked up where he left off and just did a poor job of trying to paint #200 as scummy.

8. Boon buddying me in #206 is YIKES.

9. Octopus in 230, maybe I mentioned it, but this:
In post 230, Octopus wrote:So much so that you had no hesitation in voting for Oka, a newbie, making newbie mistakes.
is either hindsight or opportunistic. No one pre-lynch blamed Oka's behavior on newbie mistakes.

(oh yeah, I did, #239)

Right now: Boon, ILF, Octopus (probably OMGUS) lead my suspects. So

VOTE: Boonskiies

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”