Yulia Jue
Goon
Yulia Jue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3975 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:55 pm

Post by Yulia Jue »

Votecount 2-6 (Unchanged from 2-5)

With 14 players alive, it will take 8 votes to lynch or nolynch.

Angry Pidgeon (2): Titan, MastinSSK
MastinSSK (5): Just Sheep Us, PeregrineV, Red Gyarados, Yggdra Union, The Fox and the Hound
Breakfast With Stalin (1): CupcakePanda

Not Voting (6): Kagura, orcinus_theoriginal, AngryPidgeon, Carbon Fiber, Clyton, Breakfast With Stalin,

Mod Notes:
~AP is V/LA for 6 days.
~PV is V/LA until the 28th
~No prods needed, yay!

With 14 players alive, deadline is set for 15 days: (expired on 2014-05-07 22:26:21)
CupcakePanda
CupcakePanda
Goon
CupcakePanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3976 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:56 pm

Post by CupcakePanda »

In post 3972, CarbonFiber wrote:
In post 3969, CupcakePanda wrote:I will note that I am waffling hard on Mastin right now. I don't have the same strong scumfeel that I had on her throughout D1, can't quite put finger on it but might be because of tone.

Either way I feel I can't get a read on anyone and it's really irking me.
Can you give me a list of your reads?
Nope.
CupcakePanda
CupcakePanda
Goon
CupcakePanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3977 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:57 pm

Post by CupcakePanda »

Actually I guess I'll appease you.

Player Roster:
1 Kagura (borkjerfkin + nachomamma8) - SCUM
2 The Fox and the Hound (cephrir and DV) - SCUM
3 Yukari Yakumo - SCUM
4 orcinus_theoriginal - SCUM
5 Titan (Tammy + Sir Arthur Dane) - NICE
6 Rancid Broderick Drake (zmuffinman and natirasha) - DED
7 MastinSSK (Mastin2, MafiaSSK) - SCUM
8 Breakfast With Stalin (Hydra of ffery and beli) - SCUM
9 ElementalHawk (Prohawk+3dicerolling) - SCUM
10 Carbon Fiber (FourTrouble and F16) - SCUM
11 Lord Business - DED
12 Just Sheep Us (Broseidon and Desperado) - SCUM
13 Red Gyarados (Brian Skies and notscience) - SCUM
14 Cupcake Panda - CUPCAKE
15 PeregrineV - SCUM
16 Clyton - SCUM
17 Mac - DED
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3978 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:00 pm

Post by Titan »

Okay so for red guards yes, their disappearance sucks, but notscience recently diappeated as town in my wicked game. He also disappeared as town in our pyp game.

I don't think the disappearing is alignment relevant no matter his meta for the moment, what matters s his attitude from here on out,

Also also I can totes see his push against nacho as in both recent games nacho was scum and n's tried to give him a chance and got burned,

Pedit:lol
Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3979 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:03 pm

Post by Breakfast With Sandy »

So MastinSSK's vote thing where their vote doesn't count on a leading wagon.

We haven't talked about it since mid day 1 iirc. How does it fit in as a scum role attribute in a game this size with 4 scum?
User formerly known as Sc*mf*ck.
Hydra of fferylt and Belisarius; clever signature line to be decided later
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3980 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:10 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 3926, MastinSSK wrote:So I realized a couple of things recently.

-Fox/Hound asked what sparked the change in my attitude. Now, I thought it was because of the thoughts I had, but while all of what I said was true, I think what made it stick, what made it possible, was that between meds and therapy, my mental health is slightly improving.

-Really random, but I know why AP's casting a suspicious eye on me but not voting me. It's really simple. To get complete, total, absolute revenge, a set of criteria must be met:
  • I must be a BP. (Check.)
  • I must be obvtown. (Check.)
  • I must have good (perhaps perfect) reads. (...Check? I'm working on it.)
  • I must have players supporting me be nightkilled. (Check.)
  • I must have players that have had heated debates against me live. (Check.)
  • I must be the top poster or among them. (Check.)
  • I must have had a screaming, shouting match. (Check.)
  • I must be a voice of reason in spite of the above. (Check.)
  • I must have been aggressive. (Check.)
  • I must have also held arrogance that I was not getting lynched, but be bewildered and slightly concerned at it happening. (Check and sorta-check, but good enough.)
...But mostly?
  • It must be D3. (Thus, the lack of push from him today.)
  • Bonus points if he enters a 1v1 with me, especially citing his role and him getting 'roleblocked' N1.
:P

(First realization serious. Second one only semi-so.)

/content to come in a bit.
Um...

Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3981 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:13 pm

Post by Titan »

Wa wa wait. CF says before we go ahead with a lynch he'd like to see kagura a thoughts. Does that mean that not only is he not sharing any freaking thoughts in thread, but he's not in the neighborhood either..

Like really is this what gets Bork notoriously town read in every game ever! Because now I'm offended at my mislynch rate if this is the case.
Half troll/Half wall.

Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3982 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:14 pm

Post by Titan »

VOTE: kagura

WILL THIS MAKE YOU DO SOMETHING??!
Half troll/Half wall.

Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3983 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:18 pm

Post by Titan »

Can we just lynch kagura, ap, mastin, whoever in that order.

Also cupcake do you really not have a scum read?
Half troll/Half wall.

CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3984 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:20 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

To clarify, Nacho last posted yesterday morning saying that he thought scum was among MastinSSK, AP, Clyton, Orc, and PV. I was waiting to hear updated thoughts mostly.

Oh, btw, did you get a good read on Clyton in the neighborhood?
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3985 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:43 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 3984, CarbonFiber wrote:To clarify, Nacho last posted yesterday morning saying that he thought scum was among MastinSSK, AP, Clyton, Orc, and PV. I was waiting to hear updated thoughts mostly.

Oh, btw, did you get a good read on Clyton in the neighborhood?
What were bork's reads?

not yet. Clyton and I claimed to each other. But he hasn't been around much and neither have I. I asked him what he thought of Mastin yesterday, and he said he was catching up. I haven't heard from him since.

but i'm interested in something and how it plays out.

oh but there was one thing that interested me. during yesterday's cagefight, LB claimed pretty readily. Did anyone else realize that Breakfast never claimed during that affair? That seems like it would have been the natural impetus for people to do.
Half troll/Half wall.

Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3986 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:54 pm

We would have claimed if the wagon went our direction.

I'm not willing to full claim today. I will say that CF should have received a message last night. I don't think he'd have been told who sent it.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3987 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:00 pm

Post by Titan »

Is Nacho posting in the neighborhood and NOT in here? That's problematic as far as I'm concerned because Bork is NOT DOING ANYTHING WORTH A SHIT.

Nacho's been drawing scum roles out the wazzoo and I would think if he'd finally drawn a town role, he'd be here having the time of his life, BUT HE'S NOT.

I just don't understand why anyone thinks they are town.
Half troll/Half wall.

CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3988 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:02 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

In post 3948, Yulia Jue wrote:Deal with it
In post 3986, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:We would have claimed if the wagon went our direction.

I'm not willing to full claim today. I will say that CF should have received a message last night. I don't think he'd have been told who sent it.
Yeah, I did. That was what I was referring to regarding the night actions. I am still not sure if it is actually worth anything. Might post it in the neighborhood though if I can solidify an townread on Kagura.
The Fox and the Hound
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3989 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:05 pm

Post by The Fox and the Hound »

In post 3954, Titan wrote:(omigod I am building the most zen reading space ever you should all be jealous)
I'm actually really jealous.
In post 3979, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:So MastinSSK's vote thing where their vote doesn't count on a leading wagon.

We haven't talked about it since mid day 1 iirc. How does it fit in as a scum role attribute in a game this size with 4 scum?
I think any disadvantage from that is reasonably balanced out by the role looking fairly town. I don't think the use of a vote is that powerful until late-game anyway but opinions may vary, what with 'your power lies with your vote!!!' propaganda and all that.

~~

So apparently the mastin vote is not really ok and Ceph wants to step back and go over things again.

In the meantime though...

Vote: Cupcake

Spoiler:

I'm not actually sure that I want to eat the cupcake, and that's why it's all over the face and not actually in the mouth, but I'll be pretty cute while doing it!

PEdit: I remember thinking some bork posts were fairly town a while back, so I could see them being townread (esp. if bork is transparent as scum), but they're outside the townpile for me (I'm actually not sure what Ceph thinks of them at all...).
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3990 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:06 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

In post 3961, Titan wrote:I will lynch one of: mastin, ap, desbro
Look at BROseidon's meltdown again, Tammy.

That does
not
come from scum. Period.

AP, though... *points to vote*
In post 3962, Titan wrote:I don't understand why mastin's read to bet the game on town me.
Combination of factors. Feeling you were town. Trusting other players on you being town. Doubting just about every damn playing in the game and saying, "Fuck it, there has to be SOME players in here I won't change my reads on", and when thinking about it, you were among those that I told myself, "Yeah. I'll risk it."
In post 3964, CarbonFiber wrote:Mastin, regarding your reads: I think there are a few significant differences from what you posted in Anything Goes, especially you didn't say much about Brian Skies being a threat here while you held him in high regard there. Also, I have trouble believing that you barely noticed Pieguyn's entry into the game. For the most part, I guess I can buy it.
Well, I'd say you're wrong, but you're probably right. Now that I think about it, I probably would have a more extensive section. It'd likely mention, "Different game, might be a threat, this game, not a threat." Maybe "his talent has kinda stagnated, but could easily skyrocket with incentive; don't give him it", or something to that effect. (Just an observation, Brian Skies--I noted your talent early, but I haven't seen you grow a lot since then.) As for pie, well, yeah. I had other things on my mind. I changed my read to town, but other than that, I simply paid no attention; I doubt a scum me would act any differently.
But the other problem I have is that you created an imaginary dialogue with you and AP saying that you and Rancid buddying hard as scum while bussing Hawk is unlikely for you to do as scum as well as the you-AP back and forth but is it really?
Not sure I'm understanding. Unlikely for me to do the back-and-forth with AP as scum? Fuck yes it is. You saw how AP and I as scum play. We buddy each other hardcore. Maybe if one of us is doing something stupid, we might be inclined to distance, but we're not going to bus each other, like...ever.
A pseudo-townbloc consisting of scum.
Pretty lousy townbloc if two of its members are at each others' throats. Continuously.
In post 3979, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:How does it fit in as a scum role attribute in a game this size with 4 scum?
(1) Bulletproof. Pretty damn power scum ability. (2) I gain it back at nine players. (Which as scum is even more incentive to keep my three scumbuddies alive, btw.) With four scum alive, that means I can lylo mislynch a player.

"...Umm...shouldn't you be arguing
against
it being a scum ability?"

Well, you asked, and I answered. That's how it could be a scum ability. I already know it's not. Cabd game. All roleclaims are basically null. It's their usage defining alignment, for the most part. And my play's probably not that of a scum BP. (I'm...I'm not actually really sure how a scum BP would play. Probably be the one committing the kills, barring ninjas/strongmen on the scumteam, as a fancy goon. But because it's not a role I've been before, I don't really know how to handle it.)
In post 3984, CarbonFiber wrote:To clarify, Nacho last posted yesterday morning saying that he thought scum was among MastinSSK, AP, Clyton, Orc, and PV.
In post 3985, Titan wrote:oh but there was one thing that interested me. during yesterday's cagefight, LB claimed pretty readily. Did anyone else realize that Breakfast never claimed during that affair? That seems like it would have been the natural impetus for people to do.
No need if you're obvtown...
...And if need be, you've got scumbuddies backing you up.
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3991 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:26 pm

You picked an interesting point at which to leave off your quotestriping.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3992 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:28 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 3955, Titan wrote:
In post 3805, Titan wrote:
In post 3563, The Fox and the Hound wrote:
In post 3495, AngryPidgeon wrote:If you guys think Im this stupid then I really REALLY cant help you.

I was hoping to catch CF in a lie about his role. And
yes I got a result on Kagura
:neutral:

VOTE: AP
Why did it bother you that ap got a result on kagura?
I'm pretty sure you did not answer this. I'm pretty sure I want it answered.

Fox and hound.
Half troll/Half wall.

Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3993 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:34 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 3987, Titan wrote:Is Nacho posting in the neighborhood and NOT in here? That's problematic as far as I'm concerned because Bork is NOT DOING ANYTHING WORTH A SHIT.

Nacho's been drawing scum roles out the wazzoo and I would think if he'd finally drawn a town role, he'd be here having the time of his life, BUT HE'S NOT.

I just don't understand why anyone thinks they are town.

This was a bit abrasive of me. This goes against zen me who thinks games should not be hostile and toxic, for that I apologize as I am trying to change my part in making games unpleasant. The sentiment behind it, however, remains.
Half troll/Half wall.

CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3994 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:34 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

In post 3985, Titan wrote:What were bork's reads?

not yet. Clyton and I claimed to each other. But he hasn't been around much and neither have I. I asked him what he thought of Mastin yesterday, and he said he was catching up. I haven't heard from him since.

but i'm interested in something and how it plays out.

oh but there was one thing that interested me. during yesterday's cagefight, LB claimed pretty readily. Did anyone else realize that Breakfast never claimed during that affair? That seems like it would have been the natural impetus for people to do.
Bork didn't post a reads-list but he seemed to lean town on RedGyarados. He was also scumreading PV on D1. I don't know any of his other reads.

I didn't expect Breakfast to claim because I assumed that the lynch was going to be LB (especially with LB himself advocating his lynch) and Breakfast was just there as filler.

There are a few different ways I've been looking at this game. The most obvious one that I think is most likely is what I was pushing for most of the game: Mastin, Rancid, and AP are scum with an unknown fourth member who fooled me decently well that isn't you, BRO-Desp, Yggdra, RG, Fox, PV, or Orc. I am not sure if Kagura will fit into this worldview. Nacho showing up at deadline to completely derail a wagon on a scumbuddy would be a pretty ballsy move. He's only done it with townies before, never fellow scum. Also, his usual interactions with zMuffin as scum-scum is to lightly distance but not TRULY push for the lynch of the lynch of the other the way they did in NY169. This is one of the reasons I called bussing hard on Mastin and AP (because of how they left the outs to lynch PV). My concern that two scum wagons would end up in a town lynch was largely based on Wicked where Nacho and I were wagoned along with UT and T-Bone hydra with the lynch somehow turning onto town-BRO. We all commented on it in the scum QT as well. That's exactly what I was worried would happen with Mastin and AP making a ton of noise but neither getting lynched and lurkertown was deadline lynched instead.

Another worldview is that Nacho and ffery are scum (either one of them or both of them). This is a little weaker but I wouldn't completely rule out ffery not voting at all on Mastin but happily voting BRO at deadline. (As an aside, I know you suspect them but you'd know there is not a chance they are scum if you see the neighborhood thread so I am basically assuming they are town and seeing who votes them). I also wouldn't rule out Breakfast being the last scum along with Mastin/Rancid/AP either. But there are a few things that heavily made me lean town on ffery so I am holding back. And her explanation that she didn't want to lynch Nati's townread in order to save him isn't a bad one either.

A third one involves getting behind Mastin and Rancid completely. I am not sure I can do this but if I do, I am still seeing AP as a scum that Mastin/Rancid caught. The other scum are apparently the low-hanging fruit like PV, maybe Orc. But I have a superstrong townread on PV so I am not sure I buy it. I could still buy Mastin/Rancid town being wrong about PV.

Overall, I can sense some movements in the game that would happen if Rancid and Mastin are town. Specifically Nacho's whiteknighting of Rancid. But it is harder to see Kagura-scum, Rancid-town because Rancid was pretty hard-townreading Kagura and I figured if they were town, they'd have some inkling that Kagura was scum. How likely is Kagura to fit in with a Mastin/Rancid/AP team? Do you think there is still merit to the idea of those three being a team or Mastin and Rancid distancing?

All I am sure of is that this game is not easy. It is not a game that we're going to win by lynching lurkers - PV/Orc etc and everytime Mastin or Nacho bring up the idea that the low hanging fruit/lurkergroup contain scum, it brings up massive glaring red flags. One thing I am convinced is that scum aren't among the players that are easy to lynch and if they were so, this is not the gamestate that we would have ended up at this point.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3995 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:48 pm

Post by Titan »

Falcon I read your posts and do have sone thoughts but they will have to wait until tomorrow. It's nearly five and I can't keep my eyes open, blame lilysnd shadoweh for keeping me awake so late last night! Anyway im about to pass out, so yeah.
Half troll/Half wall.

The Fox and the Hound
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3996 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:24 am

In post 3992, Titan wrote:
In post 3955, Titan wrote:
In post 3805, Titan wrote:
In post 3563, The Fox and the Hound wrote:
In post 3495, AngryPidgeon wrote:If you guys think Im this stupid then I really REALLY cant help you.

I was hoping to catch CF in a lie about his role. And
yes I got a result on Kagura
:neutral:

VOTE: AP
Why did it bother you that ap got a result on kagura?
I'm pretty sure you did not answer this. I'm pretty sure I want it answered.

Fox and hound.
I am just as interested in the answer to that as you are!
Red Gyarados
Red Gyarados
Goon
Red Gyarados
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3997 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:47 am

Post by Red Gyarados »

VOTE: Kagura

BLOOD HAS NEVER TASTED SO GOOD

Also I'm on mastinssk's ISO and it's 3 pages long and I'm willing to bet it's 2/3 wall so can I skip it or will you guys flip your shit if I do :(
The Fox and the Hound
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3998 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:17 am

Tammy: It bothered me because he then proceeded to say that he didn't get a result on Kagura, or that the result he got was "no result".

re Mastin: Yeah, I'm really thinking Mastin is town now, even though I want her not to be for the sake of my ego. I need to do some resetting or something because I don't have much in the way of scumreads anymore V.V
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3999 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:47 am

Orcinus needs to show up and do something.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”