Yulia Jue
Goon
Yulia Jue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3950 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:07 pm

Post by Yulia Jue »

Votecount 2-5

With 14 players alive, it will take 8 votes to lynch or nolynch.

Angry Pidgeon (2): Titan, MastinSSK
MastinSSK (5): Just Sheep Us, PeregrineV, Red Gyarados, Yggdra Union, The Fox and the Hound
Breakfast With Stalin (1): CupcakePanda

Not Voting (6): Kagura, orcinus_theoriginal, AngryPidgeon, Carbon Fiber, Clyton, Breakfast With Stalin,

Mod Notes:
~AP is V/LA for 6 days.
~PV is V/LA until the 28th
~No prods needed, yay!

With 14 players alive, deadline is set for 15 days: (expired on 2014-05-07 22:26:21)
Last edited by Yulia Jue on Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3951 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:08 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

In post 3941, The Fox and the Hound wrote:Is this referring to me as town, scum or both?
The post is explicitly my guess at what a scum-me would be thinking, which means town.
In post 3942, notscience wrote:I seriously want to lynch mastin for that last post because it felt like "lets potshot everyone on the playerlist so they start infighting because they think others actually think of them like that"
Oh no you fucking don't. I made that post specifically because I was asked to, to demonstrate what a scum me would have said at the beginning of the game and strategized for. No fucking shit it's "potshots on everyone", that's because it's working from the fucking perspective of me being a fucking scumbag and mapping a path to victory, a path which explicitly involves starting some fucking infighting with them thinking of each other like that. That's the fucking point.
In post 3946, Yggdra Union wrote:Like, in 3930, all he had to say was "you don't think like me. Try to think like me." and it probably would've said the same thing.
I did the concise thing.

It got me voted.

I realize that excessive walling is bad. That's why I'm trying to keep the posting I'm doing productive. But people aren't listening to my shorter posts, and are listening to my longer ones, at least listening to them more. Because frankly, wallposting is me. In my default state, I am repetitive and say a few things in a lot of words. So silencing it ends up silencing me. The best I can do is try and make them fluent, so that while the wall exists, people can read it all fairly easily.

Now, stop scumreading me and place trust in me, and my tune will change, I can guarantee you. I place trust in other players, so the only things I really ask about are things that I don't quite get and want to get. But when they don't trust me, then I elaborate as if they have asked and will continue to ask until there's a clear answer, if that makes sense. It's how my brain is wired. If you placed trust in me, and only wondered about some of my reads, then those reads would be the only things I talked about, and I'd do so fairly clearly and precisely, since I was answering specifics from a person I trust, and basically leave it at that.
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3952 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:15 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

In post 3950, Yulia Jue wrote:MastinSSK (5): Just Sheep Us, PeregrineV, Red Gyarados, Yggdra Union, The Fox and the Hound
Right, should probably ping SSK again. And warn him that there's probably at least two scum off the wagon. (Potentially--though not probably, by this point--three.)
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3953 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:33 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

Might as well paraphrase the ping I gave SSK, though it's nothing you haven't seen. We're the lead wagon a fraction of the way into the day...again. That Rancid was janitored and people are being stupid by thinking that was anything but scum's doing and that Rancid was anything but town.
That Kats is town, AP's scum, Stalin's probably scum, orc's null, Clyton's null, and that F-16 is town but is at least making the effort to analyze.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3954 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:47 pm

Post by Titan »

So, you know what I did today instead of read this game? Built a balcony compost bin, plant veggies, plant flowers (omigod I am building the most zen reading space ever you should all be jealous), clean, play with my cat, not read this game OHM OHM OH FUCKING MMMMMM.

catching up now swear.
Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3955 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:55 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 3805, Titan wrote:
In post 3563, The Fox and the Hound wrote:
In post 3495, AngryPidgeon wrote:If you guys think Im this stupid then I really REALLY cant help you.

I was hoping to catch CF in a lie about his role. And
yes I got a result on Kagura
:neutral:

VOTE: AP
Why did it bother you that ap got a result on kagura?
I'm pretty sure you did not answer this. I'm pretty sure I want it answered.
Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3956 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:59 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 3812, CarbonFiber wrote:
In post 3798, MastinSSK wrote:
In post 3795, MastinSSK wrote:VOTE: AngryPidgeon.
By the way, while I realize this vote is set up to be a reaction to F-16, and to some extent it is, I should clarify that it is something that I was already considering. The main reasons I have for not wanting AP dead are (1) the chance his role is legitimately town, and (2) AP being AP. Both of which aren't exactly strong, 'specially given their handling. (In particular, AP this game, not the AP-town that I'd defend to the death.) And I'm considering the reasons for wanting PV dead, and really the main one I have is just what I said, sheeping Rancid. Whereas with AP, I have a lot of me in there. F-16's posting just served as the catalyst to set it in motion.
I think his claim does look plausible and if it is a fake-claim, it is pretty good one. The issue I have is that the way he claimed seemed off and his entire "gambit" seems like he is fishing for reasons for suspicion and presenting it some sort of great "find" feels disingenuous.

What about PV didn't feel like town-PV to you? And I am playing under the assumption that Rancid is scum because their play makes much more sense that way. Your defense that you wouldn't kill town-Rancid isn't really the issue. I am not sure who accused you of that. Breakfast I think was saying that Rancid was town but not the scum kill.

Also, probably the only person I'd trust to lead the town at the moment is Pieguyn.
In post 3792, Titan wrote:Nacho does concern me very much and I'm not really seeing any reason for Bork being uber town. I know that he's someone who's pretty transparent, but I'm not seeing it at all. If he's saving up all his cool town posts for the neighborhood, he should start bringing them in thread too.
So the thing about Bork is that a lot of his posts resonated even when positionally, his stances were different from me. The way he is approaching the game and reacting to in-game events feel like they make sense from a town-POV. He hasn't posted a lot but for some reason, I remembered a lot of his posts. The way he engaged Rancid about my analysis on Mac and the way he posted that meta-wall on Mastin all felt really town. Do you find any similarities between his play here and We The Purple? I know you deferred this read to Nacho but if happened to remember anything significant about his posting, that'll be cool to hear.

Remind me to come back to you on this if I don't do it myself.
Half troll/Half wall.

Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3957 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:06 pm

Post by Titan »

Omigod I'm gonna come right out and day it and it's gonna make me look bad but wjatever.

I have a hard time hard town reading rancid pirates. And it's because of *natis* post to me about flailing. He referenced a town game and didn't engage, and when I questioned it it went unanswered really. I'm sorry I know it sounds weird, i know it does, but natis response to me was off. I just if that was muffin talking to me all game I'd be like whatev, but it wasn't so I have no idea what to think about them.
Half troll/Half wall.

Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3958 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:08 pm

Post by Titan »

...I kinda want to lynch mastin. I have no idea if he's scum, but I feel like puzzle pieces could fall into place.
Half troll/Half wall.

Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3959 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:20 pm

Post by Titan »

Oh...fuck.
Half troll/Half wall.

Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3960 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:21 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 3821, CarbonFiber wrote:
In post 3815, Titan wrote:CF </3

Don't you try to butter up to me now when you've broken my heart!
Half troll/Half wall.

Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3961 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:26 pm

Post by Titan »

I will lynch one of: mastin, ap, desbro

Strike first, strike hard, no mercy sir

(This also applies to kagura holy fuck have they done anything town yet! Geeze)
Half troll/Half wall.

Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3962 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:29 pm

Post by Titan »

I don't understand why mastin's read to bet the game on town me.

Oh but earlier I was thinking in context of chosen and thought maybe for weird aggression? Stil.
Half troll/Half wall.

Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3963 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:36 pm

Post by Titan »

INTERMISSION

listen
Half troll/Half wall.

CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3964 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:37 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

Mastin, regarding your reads: I think there are a few significant differences from what you posted in Anything Goes, especially you didn't say much about Brian Skies being a threat here while you held him in high regard there. Also, I have trouble believing that you barely noticed Pieguyn's entry into the game. For the most part, I guess I can buy it.

But the other problem I have is that you created an imaginary dialogue with you and AP saying that you and Rancid buddying hard as scum while bussing Hawk is unlikely for you to do as scum as well as the you-AP back and forth but is it really? When Rancid was being wagoned, you, Rancid, and AP all worked really well in tandem to put in your best effort to derail the lynch. That fits in quite well with what you would do as scum. A pseudo-townbloc consisting of scum.
CupcakePanda
CupcakePanda
Goon
CupcakePanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3965 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:38 pm

Post by CupcakePanda »

Currently extremely burnt out from site meta taking a break hopefully I'll feel better when I come back.
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3966 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:40 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

In post 3948, Yulia Jue wrote:Deal with it
In post 3960, Titan wrote:

You break my heart everytime you *twitch* at me. I got over it. You'll get over it.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3967 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:40 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 3856, Titan wrote:
In post 3631, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 3622, MastinSSK wrote:Screw it, I'll call Titan conftown. And I'm eliminating Red Gyarados for the time being. (Still want more ns, though. And BS, for that matter.) And let's take Kats out for the heck of it.
You make me want to vote these people.

Dooooooo eeeeeeeeet

Wa wa wa wait. Why does this make you want to vote for his town reads? Do you not want to vote for him..
Half troll/Half wall.

Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3968 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:41 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 3966, CarbonFiber wrote:
In post 3948, Yulia Jue wrote:Deal with it
In post 3960, Titan wrote:

You break my heart everytime you *twitch* at me. I got over it. You'll get over it.

What if I don't :(
Half troll/Half wall.

CupcakePanda
CupcakePanda
Goon
CupcakePanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3969 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:41 pm

Post by CupcakePanda »

I will note that I am waffling hard on Mastin right now. I don't have the same strong scumfeel that I had on her throughout D1, can't quite put finger on it but might be because of tone.

Either way I feel I can't get a read on anyone and it's really irking me.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3970 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:45 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 3880, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 3877, Titan wrote:Thanks ffery, that makes more sense. The link ffery posted has role stoppers as not stopping kills. But I wouldn't bet the farm on that because how would Bork know that's why it failed? It has to be something else.
I missed your previous post. Ya, Mastin is specc'ing that Bork was rolestopped (and also the NK which is why Mac died). The wiki page said a rolesop may or may not work on kills. Im guessing that a BG/Stopper would probably NOT block kills cause that is self defeating.

Ya Bork was really weird about the situation though so I think this Mac-rolestopping-Kagura theory is not the only explanation for why I failed. I dont think its that worth specc'ing on cause the conclusion that mastin is trying to reach (Kagura was the NK) cannot be proven either way regardless.

But duh, bg role stopper means something different. Just tspha but idk.
Half troll/Half wall.

CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3971 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:48 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

In post 3968, Titan wrote:What if I don't
I will come into your garden, plant ten amazing species of plants and flowers, bring you a copy of Wicked, and braid your hair while you read. If you don't get over it then, I'll write you off as a lost cause.
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3972 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:50 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

In post 3969, CupcakePanda wrote:I will note that I am waffling hard on Mastin right now. I don't have the same strong scumfeel that I had on her throughout D1, can't quite put finger on it but might be because of tone.

Either way I feel I can't get a read on anyone and it's really irking me.
Can you give me a list of your reads?
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3973 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:53 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 3889, Kagura wrote:
In post 3793, Titan wrote:Maybe they are town, maybe this is town!bork, but it's not unheard of that someone decides they're going to really try to put forth the effort and has the scum game of their lives even without practice.
Can we fucking kick this in the ass because you've been kinda weaving this suspicion of me all game in the form of this mild paranoia and I have no idea why.

-b

What is your problem? You don't feel anything like vesperia when I was paranoid and you were reassuring, here you feel annoyed and weird like you did in we the purple.

Why shouldn't I be paranoid of you? What are you doing? Who do you think is scum? Who do you think is town? Where do you stand on anything? Because what it feels like I'd the inly thing you did was give reasons for mastin town and that's it, and quite frankly if this is what gets you a skate in every game im unimpressed.

This is not transparent town. I should not keep on forgetting you exist. Like seriously Bork if it weren't for nacho being your other head, I wouldn't be glued here and therefore I wouldn't even remember you're playing, that's a problem.

Also for four squares, I'm not the only one worried about you, why aren't you signaling there too?
Half troll/Half wall.

Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3974 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:55 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 3971, CarbonFiber wrote:
In post 3968, Titan wrote:What if I don't
I will come into your garden, plant ten amazing species of plants and flowers, bring you a copy of Wicked, and braid your hair while you read. If you don't get over it then, I'll write you off as a lost cause.

:]
Half troll/Half wall.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”