Clyton
Goon
Clyton
Goon
Goon

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:20 pm

Post by Clyton »

Sure thing.

My assumption that Mastin (or everyone actually) had read what Yulia Jue posted in the beginning (confirmed 4 scum/13 town). Based on what Mastin did about softclaiming about a particular aspect of his role that confirms that exact number, it lead me to a couple of scenarios.

1. He intentionally claimed this particular aspect to gain favor in other people's eyes. "Oh, Mastin has a role that figures out for certainty there is 4 scum/13 town? He must have an important role that can benefit the Town!"

However, this assumes that Mastin read Yulia Jue's post about this confirmed fact, and said this hoping that the other people in this thread haven't read that particular confirmed fact. Therefore, if the people who haven't read agreed with Mastin, then that is more of saying Mastin has gained credibility in their eyes (in terms of usefulness to the Town); even if it is not much, knowing the exact number of each alignment is useful (personally to me, it helped me in multiple games in the off-site).

2. He actually did not read it, which turned out to be the case.

But I admit this is a mistake for me. I was too hasty to jump in. CF, you can tell from your interactions/analysis of me, and I did stated it in this game, that as of the moment, I am looking for openings to jump on and attack. I felt there was not a lot of progress going on because many people here are quite conservative. The reads I'm getting, although gives me a sense of direction of what to act upon, conflicts with other people's reads. We are like leaders, struggling to control the game, and with our own personalized read list, we are only bickering among ourselves trying to convince one another "this guy's town" or "this guy's scum."

As of the moment, aside from my limited access, I am also reading through the Vesperia game. My stance is this at the moment: we lynch the player that is the most probable scum at the moment, and focus on the night gathering information and enacting our abilities. I feel the majority here is trying to find someone who is 100% sure of being town or scum. But my rationale is different: it is pointless to find a 100% proof of someone's alignment because you will never know it until they are dead. Everyone before that is pure speculation. It is better to act upon even a 70% likeness of someone's alignment, but even then, I feel people are actually waiting to act upon "this guy's 99% scum/town."
The Fox and the Hound
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:23 pm

Post by The Fox and the Hound »

RG, do you have a solitary read that is even slightly controversial?
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:26 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

What are the reads that you are getting that conflicts with other people's reads? Have your reads changed since the last time you posted them?

~ F-16
Clyton
Clyton
Goon
Clyton
Goon
Goon

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:28 pm

Post by Clyton »

In post 928, CarbonFiber wrote:What are the reads that you are getting that conflicts with other people's reads? Have your reads changed since the last time you posted them?

~ F-16
Yes, some has shifted around. I will post an updated version after finding more info from the Vesperia game on specific players. Then, I will even do more work, and compare my read lists to all the other most updated reads said upon this game thus far. Don't expect this to come so soon however lol. This is quite a lot of work I am doing in order to present to all of you an update regarding the "reading game" of this game.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:29 pm

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

In post 925, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:Do ye ever get this itch
That ye really need to scratch?
Except ye do it with ye hook
And now ye need an eyepatch

:<
This isn't funny why am I laughing
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:32 pm

Ok elementalhawk is pretty boring

VOTE: fox

Dumdeedum
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:34 pm

That's a scumvote
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:47 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 919, The Fox and the Hound wrote:
In post 918, Mac wrote:But the only reason you're not seeing him as town is because he's not reading you as town - and your refusal to see it from a different perspective other than "no townread, must be scum" is worrying.

Like you're not even considering Nacho can be town AND wrong, you've just launched an assault on why he's scum.
I am worried that Nacho not townreading me is influencing me more than it should, but although his posts are townish, I don't think anything couldn't be faked by scum, and I think I'm pretty obviously considering that he's town and wrong. The problem here is that Nacho always townreads me to the point where it's become a running joke, even once when I was scum on an alt and a popular scumread. Do I think Nacho could catch me as scum now? Yeah, probably. It's been a long time since I've been scum against him. But would he not townread me when I'm town and think I'm quite transparently so? I don't think so.

Trust me that I really want Kagura to be town and prove us wrong somehow, but I think the possibility that they're scum and no one's seeing it is a very real one.

This isn't necessarily true though. In swagtown, nacho suspected you, and I think looking back at that game you were transparently town. Nacho has suspected people that it was strange for him to suspect. In chosen and Viscon he suspected Bert when in both they were pretty town.

I think the only thing that is bugging me about your response is assuming he must be scum for misreading you and I'm of two minds about it. One I could see me reacting a similar way and
probably
freaking out about it. I'd probably figure nacho was trying to mislynch me. On the other hand, I'm having some flashbacks to ice and fire when cephrir basically argued that nacho would be scum if he suspected him and tried to manipulate him that way.
Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
The Fox and the Hound
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:55 pm

The reason I was able to use that argument to good effect in ice and fire is because it was based in fact. It's unfortunate, because that probably means my response will only make Nacho suspect me more if he's town, and gives him a pretty easy way to push me harder if he isn't, but that's how I actually feel.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:00 pm

I'm having flashbacks to every cephrir-scum game that I've ever seen

Except for 165 but fuck that game anyways
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:15 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 906, Yukari Yakumo wrote:Oh also since this is a Tales game I am obliged to do this.

CLAIM: CONDITIONAL INNOCENT CHILD FRUIT VENDOR SWITCH FONIC JOAT
If you wanted to die night one you should have left off the innocent child, fruit vendor was really all you needed to demonstrate how dangerous your role is!
Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:20 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 908, MastinSSK wrote:
Do you really think Tammy is able to manipulate me this easily?
Quite possibly, yes?
I wish! Did you read the way he came after me in too many heads?
Half troll/Half wall.

The Fox and the Hound
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:22 pm

In post 935, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:I'm having flashbacks to every cephrir-scum game that I've ever seen

So like, one game?
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:24 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 910, MastinSSK wrote:
In post 887, Titan wrote:Still not completely certain about Mastin; however, with his role I'm just not certain that's a scum role.
Stop reading me on my role; read me on my freakin' play. Admittedly, my role has had a strong influence on my play, but it's a part of the whole, not the entirety
I *am* trying to read you on your play. That's why I said in the next sentence that you cut off that there were some things more consistent with your town game and I'm waiting to see how some things play out.
Half troll/Half wall.

Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:24 pm

Post by Rancid Broderick Drake »

In post 937, Titan wrote:I wish! Did you read the way he came after me in too many heads?
Except in that game
He backed off from ye,
Thinking ye were town,
After a fake AtE
The Fox and the Hound
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:33 pm

In post 933, Titan wrote:In swagtown, nacho suspected you, and I think looking back at that game you were transparently town.
I think he thought I was town there?

I also get what you say about how he could just be wrong, and I think it's possible that it's gotten to the point where Ceph and I have built each other up to a state of extreme paranoia, but the paranoia remains, and I still think Nacho not townreading us is odd at the very least.
The Fox and the Hound
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:35 pm

I mean there's a difference between 'DV might be town, but not sure' and 'DV I don't townread you har har'.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:36 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 940, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:
In post 937, Titan wrote:I wish! Did you read the way he came after me in too many heads?
Except in that game
He backed off from ye,
Thinking ye were town,
After a fake AtE

I'm not saying I could never fool nacho; it would just be a hell of a lot harder than that. Also, as long as he's telling the truth and he's not one to lie about getting outplayed, while he was catching up and getting derp hammered he was writing a post in which he was reaching out to mollie and calling me on my bullshit. So yeah, he backed off for a minute, but I don't think it would have actually lasted.
Half troll/Half wall.

Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:38 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 941, The Fox and the Hound wrote:
In post 933, Titan wrote:In swagtown, nacho suspected you, and I think looking back at that game you were transparently town.
I think he thought I was town there?

I also get what you say about how he could just be wrong, and I think it's possible that it's gotten to the point where Ceph and I have built each other up to a state of extreme paranoia, but the paranoia remains, and I still think Nacho not townreading us is odd at the very least.

He started out thinking you were town, but then there was a point where we all suspected you, then we town read you again.
Half troll/Half wall.

The Fox and the Hound
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:48 pm

I'm not seeing where he did, but I'm probably wrong and it's not very important anyway.

As for Kagura here, I still don't know. I really want to see more posts from Nacho.
The Fox and the Hound
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:55 pm

Ugh Nacho, please if you're town just show me.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:59 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 945, The Fox and the Hound wrote:I'm not seeing where he did, but I'm probably wrong and it's not very important anyway.

As for Kagura here, I still don't know. I really want to see more posts from Nacho.

HE DIDNT.

IM A LIAR.

YOU SHOULD LYNCH ME FOR LYING.

I thought for sure there was a pouint, but he didn't. Sorry :(
Half troll/Half wall.

The Fox and the Hound
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:10 pm

Hey it's totally fine. Don't worry about it.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:42 pm

In post 938, The Fox and the Hound wrote:
In post 935, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:I'm having flashbacks to every cephrir-scum game that I've ever seen

So like, one game?
only technically

two's still a pretty big sample size
Kagura
Kagura
Goon
Kagura
Goon
Goon

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:48 pm

Post by Kagura »

Ceph wrote:I'm not DV, but somewhere far short of pleased. Especially given that it sounds like DV's past experience with you resembles my own. I fully expect to hear you give me some shit about Ice and Fire here, but the fact is that you've never been wrong about me when we've both been town, so this is really not working for me. This is a strong playerlist, and one in which scumcho would be pretty short on easy mislynches. Meanwhile, you know that I am an easy mislynch without someone to whiteknight me, and you are supposed to be that someone. Once again I find myself thinking of Open 527, where you scumread me for vague reasons and guess what, they were bull.
Look.

I'm not Nacho and you're not DV, but how are you not taking Nacho's post as anything besides a reachout/pressure to get a read? Because that is pretty transparently what it is.
You said "bulder (fucking really? did you just read vesperia where orc did that on purpose?) looked town". There's a pretty good reason for that - I am town and I'm really easy to read (as stated by plenty of others around the thread).

I'm curious: should others be hard townreading you at this point in the game, in your opinion?

-b
Kagura Houyaisan - drinking until we forget our name

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”