Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:44 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

In post 374, Red Gyarados wrote:Hold the phone

you aren't allowed to use my words and then not include me in the townbloc
You are on the borderline between townbloc and null for me. You gave two quick townreads so far. I flat-out disagree with your MastinSSK one since he is our strongest scumread at the moment. I am wondering how you were able to sort ffery so quickly.
~ F-16

Pedit: That's still really vague and I am just not seeing what you are seeing.
Red Gyarados
Red Gyarados
Goon
Red Gyarados
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:47 pm

Post by Red Gyarados »

It's vague because lolarticulation

I've given out 3 quick townreads actually

Titan Ffery and mastin but it's more based on how SSK sounded. While I see your point about it being scripted, meh. I feel like RBD didn't really engage them all that much though unless I'm remembering wrong which bugs me.

Titan because Tammy's always town (but not as town as me) and when she's scum you know the scum QT is full of 'why aren't they lynching me'

Maybe I'm jumping the gun on a ffery read, but if ffery's scum then she'll bring me to lylo anyways so it's future ns's problem
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:01 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

In post 336, Clyton wrote: I would resort to option 2: using role abilities in helping us deduce the alignments of both of you.
Normally
, I'd strongly frown upon this tactic. It's typically a really, really bad idea to direct power roles to specific targets, 'specially when there's things like Godfathers, Commuters, Ascetics, or...*shudder*...hiders...that they could be, not to mention, roleblockers. As just a very, VERY small piece of the list. Like, normally, it's a Really Bad IdeaTM. But this game, it'd actually be ridiculously good. (I can't exactly give details without fullclaiming. Butyeah. In this specific circumstance, it'd become gamebreakingly powerful for us to be investigated. 'Course, I don't know the scum's power, so it's possible that it could be really bad if they can interfere. And even if the scum don't have a way to screw this plan over, it takes a LOT of trust on my end that I know what I'm talking about and am town making the request.)
In post 339, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:There's LB, CF, Kagura and Mac

RG is a maybe-town read, But I do not like his play, And cupcake could be town but he'd, Be more in an area that's grey
Sure, I'll help. LB, Kagura, and Mac I all agree with, even though my Mac read is weaker. RG's a much stronger townread (NS can only make himself obvtown as town), and Clyton's also town. The problem is, there's a lot of legitimate concerns about Carbon Fiber. Cupcake also doesn't look like town to me.

But Ffery's hydra's a minor townread. (Overall fferyness just seems town.) Just Sheep Us is *probably* town. (Yes, a guess.) Orc, in spite of basically just stopping in to say "hello", is a decent townread, too. (Content
could
be strong scumplay, but I don't think so.) PV's a very minor townread. (His attitude is sending off all kinds of townbells.)

Fox/Hound and Titan I go back-and-forth on. Yukari's attitude
could
come from either alignment, but something tells me it's town.

That's the best I've got.

I mean, even if you don't think I'm a worthy crewmember, you'll probably like SSK better.
In post 343, Titan wrote:I feel like you're manipulating me now and maybe everything I was thinking was wrong and that might not even be fair because you might not but you're taking my side on this Mastin thing when you came in not exactly being sure about me until I pushed you and it's freaking me the fuck out right now.
Aaaaaaaaaaand, if you're town, you're going to feel like I'm scum, encouraging you, 'cause this is one of the main reasons Carbon Fiber's surpassed you on my personal scum list.
In post 357, CarbonFiber wrote:Titan, The Fox, and LordBusiness are probably town. I agree completely with Titan's analysis on Mastin. I was thinking literally the same things. Pretty sure F-16 agrees as well. Mastin showing way too much conviction for the positions she's taking - way over-the-top - which makes me think there is no thought process behind the positions.

Vote: MastinSSK
Especially stuff like this.
In post 368, Elementalhawk wrote:What does this have to do with you playing the game?
Because playing if I was scum without my role PM would be basically cheating, since I'd be playing as town without the bias of my alignment, essentially.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:11 pm

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

In post 378, MastinSSK wrote:Orc, in spite of basically just stopping in to say "hello", is a decent townread, too.
i'm sorry what??
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
Clyton
Clyton
Goon
Clyton
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:06 pm

Post by Clyton »

CarbonFiber, I will respect your decision. But I will stand with my own decision too. I will continue to look for an opening to see if either Mastin or Titan will slip up. Until then, I will not take part in the votes against either. Here is my rationale for using investigative abilities to determine their alignments.

1. If we lynch one of them now, and that person turns up Town, then sometimes, people will hastily proclaim "the other person must be scum!" This is extremely problematic due to the nature of Titan's AND Mastin's responses towards attackers.
2. In fear of a Townie vs Townie, I do not want to direct our efforts towards analyzing them through pure deduction and conjecture. We must consider other people who have scum tells.
2a. This is especially important because of the possibility that one or both have extremely valuable roles.
3. Telling people to use investigative abilities on them will not expose themselves. Mafia will not know who is performing the abilities.
4. Mastin have decided to "volunteer", and stated that it can be gamebreakingly powerful and in the favor of a Town. This is a gambit I am willing to take this early on in the game.

On the other hand.

/Unvote

I will have to reread this damn thread once again, but I want to double check on my archives and see if there is something noteworthy, strange or anything interesting.
Lord Business
Lord Business
Townie
Lord Business
Townie
Townie

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:33 pm

Post by Lord Business »

In post 353, Clyton wrote:Oh I am Ex-World Ruler over there btw
According to that sites stats you won all 5 of your mafia aligned games.
Clyton
Clyton
Goon
Clyton
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:55 pm

Post by Clyton »

In post 381, Lord Business wrote:
In post 353, Clyton wrote:Oh I am Ex-World Ruler over there btw
According to that sites stats you won all 5 of your mafia aligned games.
Yes I did. However, the caliber of players there are vastly different compared to this site. But I can understand an argument can be made with my completely refined playstyle as of right now to make up for the difference.
Lord Business
Lord Business
Townie
Lord Business
Townie
Townie

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:41 pm

Post by Lord Business »

They were all very poor players over there?
The Fox and the Hound
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:12 am

Post by The Fox and the Hound »

Catch-up time!

I'm so not feeling the hate on CarbonFiber's opening post. I thought it was rather lovely actually. Genuine-sounding scumhunting without unnecessary 'look at me! I'm so town' add-ons? Rock on! Not that there's anything wrong with unnecessary add-ons of course. :oops: But the lack of them at that point in time feels quite town to me! (Copper feels indifferent so this is just a Tod opinion)

I don't like Mastin scumreading my post. I feel that I have changed my posting style a bit recently, but even so I think my posts here so far are much closer to past-town-me and not really anything at all like past-scum-me, so I think it's odd that she got an excited scumread on us for that post.

I'm fairly solidly in the Titan-town camp at and as far as I can tell, Copper was too (not 100% sure though), so I think a vote here is unusual. An explanation would be cool.

Tammy, defy the haters and continue being your wonderful emotional self! <3

Oh we're a team apparently. Cool!

Impression of Carbon Fiber at this stage (page 11) is still town, but I want to discuss with Copper. I would also like to see more FT posts.
In post 319, Clyton wrote:The Fox and the Hound: Null. Need more info on something with more substance (not posts regarding who's side you are taking)
This is pretty underwhelming, as I feel we had lots of posts to analyse at this stage?

I'm tired and am going to stop at Page 14. I am thinking of having us push MastinSSK and although Copper's feelings there are... complicated, I think he'd actually like to scumread them, so unless there's some super wacky stuff in the next two pages, I could see that being where we go!

I will probably explain some reads later, but I might try coordinating with Copper first for ~unity~, so I don't know when that'll happen.
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:19 am

Post by Rancid Broderick Drake »

In post 348, Clyton wrote:I am led to believe you are hiding something.
Surely ye jest,
Surely ye chide,
What could I possibly,
Have to hide?

Code Blue, Code Blue,
Remain calm and still,
But Clyton is onto us,
So he'll be our N1 kill
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:33 am

In post 378, MastinSSK wrote:The problem is, there's a lot of legitimate concerns about Carbon Fiber
I can perhaps see,
Where ye be coming from,
But it's different for me,
I don't share your qualms

I have small issues with their play,
But most of it seems fine,
I'm calling them town for today,
Because I'm reading between the lines

I don't feel any greater,
About others ye mentioned
But I may call them town later,
If they seem well-intentioned

For now though, they're unsorted,
Maybe soon that will change,
The scum will be thwarted,
Blegh... This rum tastes strange
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:35 am

Ye'd have to be thick,
To think MastinSSK be scum,
I'll suck a dog's dick,
If their scum flip does come

-Nati
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:37 am

That's disgusting, dude,
Don't say things like that,
It's awfully crude,
Why not just eat a hat?

-Muffin
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:55 am

Post by Mac »

This kind of talk is disgusting
Can we cut the crap out ?
Because quite frankly
Ye be messin' me about!
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:57 am

I apologise for Nati,
Like I said, it's crude
He's sometimes quite batty,
And can be rather rude

-Muffin
Kagura
Kagura
Goon
Kagura
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:15 am

Post by Kagura »

Day 1 of hydraing with Bork:

Kagura Houyaisan - drinking until we forget our name
Kagura
Kagura
Goon
Kagura
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:24 am

Post by Kagura »

Feeling mastin town from stuff like #165 - it's entirely tonal but very close to mastin town I've seen (and the one I wish I would've seen in Vesperia)

I also have a minor gut town on Clyton for 169's headlong response to pressure.
Tammy wrote:I had a damn reason to need for them to town early dammit.
I hadn't really thought about until this morning - I feel like you kinda know 1) how obvtown I get and 2) (especially after vesperia) how little of a footprint Nacho has been making in his hydra games lately (and considering my overall communication with him this game so far, that doesn't seem likely to change this game) especially after the pulling teeth process that communicating with penguin about Nacho was last game.

Why not just read me?

-b

p-edit: thanks for making my point there buddy ol' pal
Kagura
Kagura
Goon
Kagura
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:35 am

Post by Kagura »

Wait, I drank a shot for Tammy and she's not even two reading us yet?
Bork, step up your game :(
Kagura
Kagura
Goon
Kagura
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:36 am

Post by Kagura »

I make king kong footprints in my hydra games, borkie.
Kagura
Kagura
Goon
Kagura
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:42 am

Post by Kagura »

(by the way, I posted in our old quick topic a while ago)
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:47 am

Post by Titan »

In post 392, Kagura wrote:Feeling mastin town from stuff like #165 - it's entirely tonal but very close to mastin town I've seen (and the one I wish I would've seen in Vesperia)

I also have a minor gut town on Clyton for 169's headlong response to pressure.
Tammy wrote:I had a damn reason to need for them to town early dammit.
I hadn't really thought about until this morning - I feel like you kinda know 1) how obvtown I get and 2) (especially after vesperia) how little of a footprint Nacho has been making in his hydra games lately (and considering my overall communication with him this game so far, that doesn't seem likely to change this game) especially after the pulling teeth process that communicating with penguin about Nacho was last game.

Why not just read me?

-b

p-edit: thanks for making my point there buddy ol' pal
Um I don't get this question. I only know or think I know you get obvtown from that one time when we played on skype and we suspected each other then town read each other then suspected each other and when I said I'd only been mislynched once in the forums you said you had too (at least I think that was a conversation I had with you, I know it was the game). So, I do believe that you get obvtown, but we don't exactly have much experience with each other. You were scum in We the Purple and danced with Nacho and I left that read up to him because I don't think I'd ever played with you at that point and I didn't know what he was looking for. The other two times we played together you were town but you played with ffery, and in Tales of the Abyss you guys died night one and I think you had just had your kid, so most of the posting was ffery. In Tales of Vesperia, I had you guys as scum early and Mala was the one who kept telling me she was gut reading you as town but then downgraded that later after I had you as solid town from being pretty convinced you were the vig based on things you had said regarding GreyIce.

I know how busy Nacho is, that doesn't mean I won't try to read him. He's the head I'm more familiar with, so of course I'm going to look for what tells I've accumulated there. But I don't get where you think I wasn't trying to read you? I literally said alternatively Bork you can obvtown your slot ASAP please. Like I directly addressed you and the fact that what I believe I know is that as town you're pretty town. And then I literally asked ffery about what she thought about you early game. So, I don't get where you think for one second I'm not trying to read you. And since I tend to be paranoid of Nacho until he hits the markers that I believe are definitely his town game, I was literally looking to you more. I have a reason for needing an early read on your slot; if you're town, it's not important, but it's there nonetheless, and I want you sorted sooner.

pedit: Nacho if you want me to drink the koolaid you need to give me a shot too. :( Being stingy and not sharing is not a town trait I'm sure!
Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:51 am

Post by Titan »

also, the above post was brought to you by the word literally, apparently.
Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:56 am

Post by Breakfast With Sandy »

In post 366, CupcakePanda wrote:WHICH REMINDS ME
HYDRAS PLS SIGN POSTS
OTHERWISE IM GONNA GO BIPOLAR IN HERE TO FILL THE VOID
You're
really
not gonna like me, then.
In post 375, Red Gyarados wrote:Also @wheover asked me about ffery-

It sounds different. Like, the hatred of the role pm seeps into her being.
I, conversely, strongly prefer scum. What makes you so sure that wouldn't affect our tone?

Ffery may think you're town, but getting townread for no goddamn reason sets off a lot of klaxons in
my
skull.
User formerly known as Sc*mf*ck.
Hydra of fferylt and Belisarius; clever signature line to be decided later
Kagura
Kagura
Goon
Kagura
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:58 am

Post by Kagura »

In post 396, Titan wrote:Um I don't get this question. I only know or think I know you get obvtown from that one time when we played on skype and we suspected each other then town read each other then suspected each other and when I said I'd only been mislynched once in the forums you said you had too (at least I think that was a conversation I had with you, I know it was the game). So, I do believe that you get obvtown, but we don't exactly have much experience with each other. You were scum in We the Purple and danced with Nacho and I left that read up to him because I don't think I'd ever played with you at that point and I didn't know what he was looking for. The other two times we played together you were town but you played with ffery, and in Tales of the Abyss you guys died night one and I think you had just had your kid, so most of the posting was ffery. In Tales of Vesperia, I had you guys as scum early and Mala was the one who kept telling me she was gut reading you as town but then downgraded that later after I had you as solid town from being pretty convinced you were the vig based on things you had said regarding GreyIce.

I know how busy Nacho is, that doesn't mean I won't try to read him. He's the head I'm more familiar with, so of course I'm going to look for what tells I've accumulated there. But I don't get where you think I wasn't trying to read you? I literally said alternatively Bork you can obvtown your slot ASAP please. Like I directly addressed you and the fact that what I believe I know is that as town you're pretty town. And then I literally asked ffery about what she thought about you early game. So, I don't get where you think for one second I'm not trying to read you. And since I tend to be paranoid of Nacho until he hits the markers that I believe are definitely his town game, I was literally looking to you more. I have a reason for needing an early read on your slot; if you're town, it's not important, but it's there nonetheless, and I want you sorted sooner.
Nah I wasn't expecting skype to have any bearing on it.

I think really it's more that I felt that I was bleeding town day and night in both abyss (which I really did get into after a slow start) and vesperia (moreso than really anyone in the game) and the fact that I feel that I am exceptionally easy to read. I didn't really know you actually ever had a true scum lean on us in vesperia outside of that whole nebulous 'flat' thing.

-b
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:13 am

Post by Titan »

In post 399, Kagura wrote: Nah I wasn't expecting skype to have any bearing on it.

I think really it's more that I felt that I was bleeding town day and night in both abyss (which I really did get into after a slow start) and vesperia (moreso than really anyone in the game) and the fact that I feel that I am exceptionally easy to read. I didn't really know you actually ever had a true scum lean on us in vesperia outside of that whole nebulous 'flat' thing.

-b
Oh I remember you being in the abyss more now. I think I put your slot as hard town after your wall. But yeah, I did have an early scum read on you guys in vesperia, part of it was the Prohawk thing which was hilariously wrong and was wiped away once Prohawk entered the game. After the game empire pointed out a couple of reasons I should never had read ffery as scum past like the second page anyway.

I get the feeling exceptionally easy to read, so I guess I understand your question to me a bit more as it's probably a way I would feel.
Half troll/Half wall.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”