Clyton
Clyton
Goon
Clyton
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:48 pm

Post by Clyton »

In post 340, CarbonFiber wrote:Clyton, in your breakdown of reads, you have Titan as leaning town and MastinSSK as leaning scum. You seem to be saying now that the debate between Mastin and Titan could involve either of them being scum. Why? Do you see merits to both sides of the arguments? Also, can you link to a couple of town and scum games that you've played offsite.
~ F-16
I only put Titan as leaning town and MastinSSK as leaning scum for the sake of a reads list; it really has no significance to what I really think except which stance I'm learning towards to. I see merits to both sides of the argument. I believe that when I think from either person's perspectives, I can easily be Town or Scum in both scenarios.

Also, the site I played cannot be viewed by outsiders unless you register an account. I can link you anyways, and you do the searching after making an account there. I will link you to a particular Death Note Mafia game where I was a SK with a bunch of other hidden abilities attributed to it. I believe that however unrefined my playstyle/meta was there, it still holds true to today.

If you want to question my playstyle/meta, then do so in a direct manner. I may have said that I wouldn't openly explain my meta bluntly, but it doesn't mean you can ask to fish out some information about myself from me.
Clyton
Clyton
Goon
Clyton
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:48 pm

Post by Clyton »

In post 349, The Fox and the Hound wrote:
In post 328, Clyton wrote:
In post 324, The Fox and the Hound wrote:I may see if I can't solidify that a bit.
In post 319, Clyton wrote:Rancid: Leaning Townish, but can easily be scum. He has good points about CarbonFiber's OP in response to Mac's metadive.

PeregrineV: Null but slightly leaning Townish too. Gives off that certain vibe I know of.
Can you go into further detail on these?
In post 319, Clyton wrote:The Fox and the Hound: Null. Need more info on something with more substance (not posts regarding who's side you are taking)
I'm getting there.
Certainly.

PeregrineV: Some people pointed out his OP as scummy, even questioning him on basis of "do you even know RVS is over?" It is an easy way to get into the game with that kind of OP. However, what if Peregrine legitimately did not even read the thread? What if he was just informing us that he was going to catch up and decided to post that hastily (because he doesn't have time to look back over multiple pages of posts)? When Peregrine was making the post, he simply did not know RVS was over and was under the assumption that it was still going on (it's Day 1 with one day barely passing; you don't expect much progress that early).

In order words, I believe the contents of his post is genuine. Also, better letting us know he's here rather than not posting yet (ElementalHawk).

Rancid: I based off his Towniness based on his exchange with Mac. They make a lot of good points that are very Town-directed. He falls under the same boat as MastinSSK where in Mastin's case, his responses are scummy but how he approaches them are Townish. Likewise, Rancid responses are Townish but how he approaches them can just as easily be scummy (following along the initiator aka Mac). Regardless, he is doing a good job giving off a null read with one head trolling with the pirate approach and the other head hiding behind that trolling head. Either way, he has something to hide.
Hm, alright. What did you mean by "that certain vibe"?
Certain vibe as in a vibe of genuineness.
Clyton
Clyton
Goon
Clyton
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:50 pm

Post by Clyton »

Oh I am Ex-World Ruler over there btw CF.
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:54 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

In post 351, Clyton wrote:
In post 340, CarbonFiber wrote:Clyton, in your breakdown of reads, you have Titan as leaning town and MastinSSK as leaning scum. You seem to be saying now that the debate between Mastin and Titan could involve either of them being scum. Why? Do you see merits to both sides of the arguments? Also, can you link to a couple of town and scum games that you've played offsite.
~ F-16
I only put Titan as leaning town and MastinSSK as leaning scum for the sake of a reads list; it really has no significance to what I really think except which stance I'm learning towards to. I see merits to both sides of the argument. I believe that when I think from either person's perspectives, I can easily be Town or Scum in both scenarios.

Also, the site I played cannot be viewed by outsiders unless you register an account. I can link you anyways, and you do the searching after making an account there. I will link you to a particular Death Note Mafia game where I was a SK with a bunch of other hidden abilities attributed to it. I believe that however unrefined my playstyle/meta was there, it still holds true to today.

If you want to question my playstyle/meta, then do so in a direct manner. I may have said that I wouldn't openly explain my meta bluntly, but it doesn't mean you can ask to fish out some information about myself from me.
My initial impression from your reads list was that it was meticulous and detailed and much more likely to come from town. The reason I wanted your games was to see how much you are capable of faking it as scum and if there were any patterns to your town and scum play. I might make an account there if it becomes necessary later on. What I wanted to see was games where you were town and mafia in. SK is usually different and I discount SK play for meta.

Also, you say I made "valid points" but without taking action. I agree that I usually wait for reads to solidify and hold off on voting a lot of the time until I am fairly certain about the direction I want to go. You say that your meta has similarities to that. What similarities?

~ F-16
Clyton
Clyton
Goon
Clyton
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:03 pm

Post by Clyton »

In post 354, CarbonFiber wrote:
In post 351, Clyton wrote:
~ F-16

My initial impression from your reads list was that it was meticulous and detailed and much more likely to come from town. The reason I wanted your games was to see how much you are capable of faking it as scum and if there were any patterns to your town and scum play. I might make an account there if it becomes necessary later on. What I wanted to see was games where you were town and mafia in. SK is usually different and I discount SK play for meta.

Also, you say I made "valid points" but without taking action. I agree that I usually wait for reads to solidify and hold off on voting a lot of the time until I am fairly certain about the direction I want to go. You say that your meta has similarities to that. What similarities?

~ F-16
Fair enough. I will do say this in regards to my experience there at the offsite. No one has ever given an accurate read on me, because my playstyle is the same regardless of my alignment. You can't simply figure me out unless you enlist the aid of the system; using your roles that is.

It is as you say. I do not make a move unless I'm 100% confident this is what I want to go with. No regrets. Whatever comes, I can deal with accordingly.
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:05 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

Okay, made the account. Can you give me a link to a town and scum game.

~ F-16
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:32 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

Titan, The Fox, and LordBusiness are probably town. I agree completely with Titan's analysis on Mastin. I was thinking literally the same things. Pretty sure F-16 agrees as well. Mastin showing way too much conviction for the positions he's taking - way over-the-top - which makes me think there is no thought process behind the positions.

Vote: MastinSSK
Clyton
Clyton
Goon
Clyton
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:33 pm

Post by Clyton »

Scum
Town

To be fair, I don't have a history of the list of games I played in that site. I have to manually check with role/alignment I had, and I rather not do that cause it is taxing for me. Also, the playstyles I had back then is vastly different compared to the refined one I play right now. Not to mention they are different caliber of players compared to the list of players here. But take it what you will.
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:02 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

Okay, I'll agree with you that the level of play there is vastly different from here and the notion that your town and scum play are similar at least on a surface level and there doesn't seem to be a lot of analysis at all.

FT and I don't feel that Titan's and Mastin's argument is one where both parties made valid points or one where it is difficult to get reads on both players such that we would need to wait for investigations.

~ F-16
CupcakePanda
CupcakePanda
Goon
CupcakePanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:28 pm

Post by CupcakePanda »

In post 336, Clyton wrote:Then let me speak something relevant to the here and now. I firmly believe that even though I stated the importance in dealing with the Titan vs Mastin battle, I would resort to option 2: using role abilities in helping us deduce the alignments of both of you. Should we tackle you two right now based on the debate posts, I fear it will lead us nowhere unless either you two or anyone else involved slips up.

Therefore, my action will be to lynch CupcakePanda until an opening is found in this battle of arguments. (I'm on my phone now so I can't bold but I will vote for CupcakePanda once I get home; this is to let all of you know my intentions)

Never mind I can do that.

VOTE: CupcakePanda
In post 337, Clyton wrote:And this is a vote to pressure her to speak up.
FUCKING LOL
HASN'T EVEN BEEN 24HRS YET MATE
Clyton
Clyton
Goon
Clyton
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:30 pm

Post by Clyton »

In post 360, CupcakePanda wrote:
In post 336, Clyton wrote:Then let me speak something relevant to the here and now. I firmly believe that even though I stated the importance in dealing with the Titan vs Mastin battle, I would resort to option 2: using role abilities in helping us deduce the alignments of both of you. Should we tackle you two right now based on the debate posts, I fear it will lead us nowhere unless either you two or anyone else involved slips up.

Therefore, my action will be to lynch CupcakePanda until an opening is found in this battle of arguments. (I'm on my phone now so I can't bold but I will vote for CupcakePanda once I get home; this is to let all of you know my intentions)

FUCKING LOL
An unnecessary response lel. Would you be happy if I unvoted and ask you to speak up anyways? Mind you I'm not the only one wanting you to do so.
CupcakePanda
CupcakePanda
Goon
CupcakePanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:33 pm

Post by CupcakePanda »

In post 253, The Fox and the Hound wrote:Cupcake is probably the closest thing I have to a scumread at this point, which admittedly is kind of sad. But I'm a townhunter at heart anyways.
IM FLIPPING THRU RANDOM PAGES
AND NOTHING BUT HATE

MY HEART
IS BROKEN
MY LOVE
LIES SHATTERED
CupcakePanda
CupcakePanda
Goon
CupcakePanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:34 pm

Post by CupcakePanda »

In post 361, Clyton wrote:
In post 360, CupcakePanda wrote:

FUCKING LOL
An unnecessary response lel. Would you be happy if I unvoted and ask you to speak up anyways? Mind you I'm not the only one wanting you to do so.
A PRESSURE VOTE ON SOMEONE NOT EVEN 24HRS AFTER THEY LAST POSTED IS SCUMMY
CupcakePanda
CupcakePanda
Goon
CupcakePanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:43 pm

Post by CupcakePanda »

*ESP ON PG14

ITS A COPOUT ON ACTUALLY PROVIDING CONTENT
CupcakePanda
CupcakePanda
Goon
CupcakePanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:46 pm

Post by CupcakePanda »

In post 140, Titan wrote:VOTE: cupcake

shinier
which head is this
CupcakePanda
CupcakePanda
Goon
CupcakePanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:47 pm

Post by CupcakePanda »

WHICH REMINDS ME
HYDRAS PLS SIGN POSTS
OTHERWISE IM GONNA GO BIPOLAR IN HERE TO FILL THE VOID
CupcakePanda
CupcakePanda
Goon
CupcakePanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:50 pm

Post by CupcakePanda »

In post 152, Titan wrote:Though now Mastin makes my cupcake vote feel dirty.
It was always dirty to begin with.
Elementalhawk
Elementalhawk
Townie
Elementalhawk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:52 pm

Post by Elementalhawk »

Good gosh, why do I always torture myself with large-active games? :(
In post 141, mastin2 wrote:But I did get our role PM, so I'm not playing blindly. With that in mind...
What does this have to do with you playing the game?

VOTE: MafiaSSK
In post 195, Titan wrote: Hey! Get a better line. Scum!Prohawk already used that against me last game. Try a new scum case on me.
I Lol'ed. Deja-vu?

~Hawk
Elementalhawk
Elementalhawk
Townie
Elementalhawk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:52 pm

Post by Elementalhawk »

Or Rather...

VOTE: MastinSSK
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:54 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

Re-evalauating, The Fox and The Hound look really town. FT and I discussed this read and we are in agreement that Titan, LordBusiness, and The Fox and The Hound are town.

In ISO, everything that Cephrir said resonated with me and makes sense with what I was thinking at the time. My only concern was that I wondered if it is too perfect. The obvtowning of NotScience, the suspicion of Mastin, the townread on Titan, the paranoia on ffery, it feels like a product finished to perfection with all the touch and finesse of an expert. BUT, I'll shut out that paranoia and go with them as towntells and I am deferring to FT a little because I always scumread Cephrir regardless of affiliation in games I am in or spectating. Titan, what do you think of Cephrir so far?

But barring anything major coming up, as NotScience would say, 3 down (Titan, LB, Fox), 13 more to go.

~ F-16
CupcakePanda
CupcakePanda
Goon
CupcakePanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:55 pm

Post by CupcakePanda »

I ACTUALLY DID A CATCHUP?
WHAT A MIRACLE
EVEN IF IT WAS A SKIMTHROUGH

VOTE: MASTIN
The Fox and the Hound
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:18 pm

Post by The Fox and the Hound »

In post 370, CarbonFiber wrote:Re-evalauating, The Fox and The Hound look really town. FT and I discussed this read and we are in agreement that Titan, LordBusiness, and The Fox and The Hound are town.

In ISO, everything that Cephrir said resonated with me and makes sense with what I was thinking at the time. My only concern was that I wondered if it is too perfect. The obvtowning of NotScience, the suspicion of Mastin, the townread on Titan, the paranoia on ffery, it feels like a product finished to perfection with all the touch and finesse of an expert. BUT, I'll shut out that paranoia and go with them as towntells and I am deferring to FT a little because I always scumread Cephrir regardless of affiliation in games I am in or spectating. Titan, what do you think of Cephrir so far?

But barring anything major coming up, as NotScience would say, 3 down (Titan, LB, Fox), 13 more to go.

~ F-16
As much as I appreciate the flip around, I must confess it's a little weird.

CupcakePanda is not getting townier.
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:27 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

Don't worry about it, you'll come around. Or did you want to discuss what was wierd?

~ F-16
Red Gyarados
Red Gyarados
Goon
Red Gyarados
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:38 pm

Post by Red Gyarados »

Hold the phone

you aren't allowed to use my words and then not include me in the townbloc
Red Gyarados
Red Gyarados
Goon
Red Gyarados
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:42 pm

Post by Red Gyarados »

Also @wheover asked me about ffery-

It sounds different. Like, the hatred of the role pm seeps into her being.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”