Micro 310: Shitty Joke Smalltown II (game over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:34 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 149, Micc wrote:I know I will be referring to it multiple times throughout this game.
Already got your next moves planned, scum?

On a more serious note, there's more than a few people doing nothing but mechanics discussion and it's not to my liking.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:37 am

Post by PrivateI »

My primary experience with Yiley is on another forum. Maybe he's more shrewd here, which is entirely possible.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:48 am

Post by absta101 »

I looked on one of his games and he played like this as town. That's what kept me from calling him scum for this shit.

Anyway, I can see Mit and Farside as town atm. MIc doesn't look to good, asking some shitty questions.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:49 am

Post by absta101 »

So many players in this game are lazy, just fucking play!

Private why is your random vote still on me? Can you actually do something?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:03 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 153, absta101 wrote:So many players in this game are lazy, just fucking play!

Private why is your random vote still on me? Can you actually do something?
:lol:
God this post reminds me of many games ago my attitude on people throught my years.

Just some friendly advice. If yiley is like this in other games (will check this out) and people being lazy is almost normal. I found that life has a funny way of getting in the way. I now have low expectations from mafia players. Plus you have those that just want to be as low active as possible for meta purposes.

If it helps my town reads:

Mil
Abasta

questionable

Micc - I found his questions pretty bland and a few that I don't see how he can get an alignment read by them.

leaning scum

brain - machinc's talk. Going to the will of the town (it's odd but I need to see how much experience he has before I call it scummy) *on my to do list*
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:16 am

Post by Micc »

In post 150, TierShift wrote:
In post 149, Micc wrote:I know I will be referring to it multiple times throughout this game.
Already got your next moves planned, scum?
When I am scum there is nothing to plan. Town miraculously lynches itself while I act like I don't have any clue whats going on. :P
In post 151, PrivateI wrote:My primary experience with Yiley is on another forum. Maybe he's more shrewd here, which is entirely possible.
That's interesting. In the only scum game I have ever seen from Yiley, he lurked hard and showed absolutely no interest. In his town games he seems involved and interested despite generally being lynchbait because of his playstyle and lack of shrewdness. What do you know about his scum games from that other site?

Farside, whats up with the half reads list? Why are the other players not included?
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:32 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 134, farside22 wrote:Is it normal for you to go with what the masses want? Have you ever played a small town game before?
I've never played in a small town game before (I have played in a micro before), and thought this set-up would be good for working on my mafia theory.

And no. I typically let the town do their thing and I do my thing (which is sometimes just me watching them do their thing while I look at some butterfly that passed me by). Something will eventually interest me and I'll prod at it for a bit and develop my reads.

I hardly consider letting the town decide to be going with the masses. The only two possibilities are a) the town decides to go with the plan that I support (and I've already stated so) or b) the town doesn't want to go through with it, in which case I get to use my ability how I want to (which still might be using it on N1). In either scenario, I get what I want.
In post 135, farside22 wrote:@Brain: What makes a no lynch better for day 1 vs day 2?
I don't really think there's a discerning difference (because you wind up with the same overall end result), and stating so is weird to me. Which is why I was asking people about it. But if I had to choose a day to no lynch on, Day 1 makes more sense to me.

1) You no lynch Day 1. Day 2 is a fresh start and you can use a lynch to find scum and information for the investigation on N2.
2) You lynch Day 1 to find scum and information. You no lynch Day 2 because you already decided to have a no lynch. ???? Why? You might as well just continue scum-hunting and lynching people at that point.
In post 137, absta101 wrote:
In post 133, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 131, Mitillos wrote:@jklash: Still not sure if I'm getting it. Did you think Brian was a vig? And that PrivateI would try to get him mislynched, if he didn't use his power on N1?
I can see why you would be confused with how jklash got from point A to point B, but don't you think he probably just had a small mental lapse? It's not like he tried to push it anywhere and he clearly realized his mistake immediately after you pointed it out to him.
Noted.
Do you disagree? What do you think about it?
In post 139, absta101 wrote:Btw @Brian, feel free to state the town intent in answering the question (that Mit presented) for Jklash.
I don't understand what it is you're asking me to do.
In post 140, Mitillos wrote:As for jklash, it's possible, sure. It's not like I'm calling him scum for it. I just didn't like the way he wasn't explaining clearly where he got the idea of a mislynch (being evasive, as I said). Transparency is pro-town.
Transparency is pro-town. Sure. But I don't really know what you're expecting to get out of it. It's possible he just had a complete mental lapse and realized his mistake. Even if he can't thoroughly explain his thought process, it's something that town are just as likely to do as scum.

And there's nothing he can say that will grant a favorable response except "oh wow, that's some really weird derp logic you got going on." And I find players of both alignments go through those moments.
In post 141, absta101 wrote:There you go Mit, proving exactly what I said in the beginning. You'll be less likely to vote the important PRs.
Why does this matter? I thought the idea of this set-up was to use the roles available to try and squeeze out the scum-team.
In post 149, Micc wrote:The day 2 no lynch would only be viable if we mislynched day 1 and were potentially in MyLo. Yiley is the cop, and I am fairly confident that between Tiershift, jklash, and I we can read him accurately. Getting to that night 2 cop investigation without losing excessive town players could be the difference in the game.
Okay. This makes sense.
In post 154, farside22 wrote:it's odd but I need to see how much experience he has before I call it scummy
I have 20+ games, two of which are scum-games. But my town play is a bit erratic.

Anyhow, I don't really know you guys and meta-diving isn't my thing (I have done it, but it's a last resort).
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:55 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 155, Micc wrote:When I am scum there is nothing to plan. Town miraculously lynches itself while I act like I don't have any clue whats going on.
Oh you :oops:
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:37 pm

Post by N »

Vote Count 1.05
Mitillos
(0)
Micc
(0)
absta101
(2)
PrivateI, jklash12
farside22
(1) Micc
PrivateI
(1) TierShift
Brian Skies
(0)
TierShift
(1) Yiley
Yiley
(0)
jklash12
(0)

Not Voting
(4) farside22, Brian Skies, absta101, Mitillos

With 10 votes in play, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline is in
(expired on 2014-03-26 23:10:08)

V/LA:
farside22 on weekends, PrivateI until Thursday
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
Yiley
Yiley
He/Him
Goon
Yiley
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:21 pm

Post by Yiley »

In post 157, TierShift wrote:
In post 155, Micc wrote:When I am scum there is nothing to plan. Town miraculously lynches itself while I act like I don't have any clue whats going on.
Oh you :oops:
Right after we both just got beat by scum micc who looked like obv town.
Permanent scum read
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:51 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 156, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 134, farside22 wrote:Is it normal for you to go with what the masses want? Have you ever played a small town game before?
I've never played in a small town game before (I have played in a micro before), and thought this set-up would be good for working on my mafia theory.

And no. I typically let the town do their thing and I do my thing (which is sometimes just me watching them do their thing while I look at some butterfly that passed me by). Something will eventually interest me and I'll prod at it for a bit and develop my reads.

I hardly consider letting the town decide to be going with the masses. The only two possibilities are a) the town decides to go with the plan that I support (and I've already stated so) or b) the town doesn't want to go through with it, in which case I get to use my ability how I want to (which still might be using it on N1). In either scenario, I get what I want.
In post 135, farside22 wrote:@Brain: What makes a no lynch better for day 1 vs day 2?
I don't really think there's a discerning difference (because you wind up with the same overall end result), and stating so is weird to me. Which is why I was asking people about it. But if I had to choose a day to no lynch on, Day 1 makes more sense to me.
I offically believe Brain is scum this game.

vote: Brian Skies

He admits to not going with the masses but wants to please the town on something he already stated he would do. Yeah those things don't add up. Pleasing town is not making waves. You have a thought and know it's best you use it.

@micc: I asked you a question here the first one
I'm looking for an answer.
mic wrote:Farside, whats up with the half reads list? Why are the other players not included?
Null to no info, need to post more. Can't have a read on players that either post nothing but one liners (yiley), nothing but machanics and meta (private) and jklash (nothing I remember from him currently)
Tier is questionable but moving up to null.

What reads do you currently have?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:09 am

Post by absta101 »

@Brian
Brian wrote:I don't understand what it is you're asking me to do.
Why would you, as town, answer a question aimed at someone else? To me it looked like you were defending Jklash and I don't see why town-you would.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:19 am

Post by Micc »

In post 145, farside22 wrote:
In post 142, Micc wrote:
In post 134, farside22 wrote:I'm numbing instead of seperating this. If your confused let me know.
1) If you remember the start of the game I stated 3 roles I wanted one was 1-shot RB. I already had the thought of how best to use that ability as town and if I was scum and had the role I would have used it had it been suggested. (yes WIFOM) but that is how the start of the game is, you pick what is best and how to use it no matter the aligment. (well you should)
That all makes good sense but what I'm really interested in why you threw the "Now that I know my alignment" bit into that post. If you were scum would you have suggested the plan or not?
No.
What is the point of this question? How do you learn my alignment with it?
I remember typing up a response to this, but I am not sure how it got left out of my post. Sorry about that.

The point of the question was to generate conversation and help me get an idea of your playstyle. Understanding where people are coming and how they think helps me determine their alignment based on their actions and their intentions.
In post 160, farside22 wrote:What reads do you currently have?
You feel town to me, although Im not really sure why. Absta has said a lot, but none of it is memorable and I am not sure why he is gaining town reads. Nothing else is jumping out at me about anyone expect Yiley. So far this game looks more like scum-Yiley than town-Yiley.

UNVOTE: Farside
VOTE: Yiley
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:29 am

Post by Mitillos »

@Micc: Could you explain your Yiley read in more detail? Also, many happy returns.

@Brian: The thing is, he could have just been hastily slinging mud, then backed off when called out for it. I questioned him further, to see if that was the impression I got. It wasn't, but that doesn't invalidate the questioning. As for using the more powerful roles to find scum, that only works if those roles are on town. absta's worries are valid on that point, although I can see a bit of self-preservation in his objections as well, since his role is somewhat negative utility.

@Yiley: Could you give some reads? You haven't really said much. You're only going to get at most one investigation, so it's worrying that you're not trying your hardest to sort people out.
You don't have ambiguity; you have
options
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:38 am

Post by absta101 »

This game will prob get fucked because of this slacking play by town.

VOTE: Brian
Yiley
Yiley
He/Him
Goon
Yiley
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:36 am

Post by Yiley »

I am trying to get people sorted out just not posting about it
Permanent scum read
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:05 am

Post by absta101 »

In post 165, Yiley wrote:I am trying to get people sorted out just not posting about it
Imagine if this excuse was acceptable. That'd be an epic game; would watch.
jklash12
jklash12
Goon
jklash12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:14 am

Post by jklash12 »

In post 131, Mitillos wrote: @jklash: Still not sure if I'm getting it. Did you think Brian was a vig? And that PrivateI would try to get him mislynched, if he didn't use his power on N1?
I think I have said pretty much all I can say about this. I thought he had a power that is not in this game where he can shoot someone and that would replace the lynch. I made a mistake and I have tried to explain what mistaken thought process was to you.
In post 137, absta101 wrote:
@Jklash
- Still don't understand your thought process. Can you just spell it out for us.
Probably not scared but you may want to stop any suspicion before it got started.
How would voting someone who has the same votes as me stop suspicion forming on myself?
Why did you think that I thought voting farside would help?

Your vote on me had nothing to do with my reason for voting farside, just the fact that farside happened to be on the same votes as me. That doesn't seem like a town way of scum hunting. I could've wrote the best case ever on farside and you could've still voted me for the same reason.
All I thought was that you might be trying to avoid some suspicion. It wasn't a major scum tell to me. My vote is just sitting on you until I find someone who I have a strong scum read on. Of course if you got close to being lynched I took (L-1) I would unvote because the only thing with you is that it looked a little weird not entirely scummy.
In post 140, Mitillos wrote: @jklash: Please send me a message tonight.
gotcha
jklash12
jklash12
Goon
jklash12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:14 am

Post by jklash12 »

And we need to watch out for Micc he has a good scum game.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:33 am

Post by absta101 »

@Jklash
- Don't send the message to Mit, we've already said we'll decide who you will send it to at the end of the day. The only way you could just accept Mit as the receiver is if you know he's town. Otherwise you should be suspicious that he volunteered himself.

I ask you a question about your statement and your answer is the same statement; that's just too funny. I can't tell if this is you being new or if you're scum just trying to avoid all my questions.
---

@Mit
- We could use Yiley to confirm me as town so scum has an incentive to kill me.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:34 am

Post by absta101 »

Actually, I could see Jklash as town. Not sure yet.
jklash12
jklash12
Goon
jklash12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:42 am

Post by jklash12 »

@absta- Ok, I went back and saw your post about deciding later who I send the message to. Sorry if my explanations aren't clear. I never really have been that good at explaining things. I am fairly new to mafia and I am just trying to find scum and look town in the process so I don't get lynched when I am town.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:45 am

Post by absta101 »

In post 162, Micc wrote:
In post 160, farside22 wrote:What reads do you currently have?
You feel town to me, although Im not really sure why. Absta has said a lot, but none of it is memorable and I am not sure why he is gaining town reads. Nothing else is jumping out at me about anyone expect Yiley.
So far this game looks more like scum-Yiley than town-Yiley

UNVOTE: Farside
VOTE: Yiley
Explain the bolded please.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:48 am

Post by absta101 »

In post 171, jklash12 wrote:@absta- Ok, I went back and saw your post about deciding later who I send the message to. Sorry if my explanations aren't clear. I never really have been that good at explaining things. I am fairly new to mafia and I am just trying to find scum and look town in the process so I don't get lynched when I am town.
Do you have any reads on anyone else?
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:57 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 162, Micc wrote:So far this game looks more like scum-Yiley than town-Yiley.
Is it shitty cold-meta time?

I'll get more involved tomorrow I hope.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”