Micro 310: Shitty Joke Smalltown II (game over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:53 pm

Post by N »

Vote Count 1.04
Mitillos
(0)
Micc
(0)
absta101
(3)
Mitillos, PrivateI, jklash12
farside22
(1) Micc
PrivateI
(1) TierShift
Brian Skies
(0)
TierShift
(1) Yiley
Yiley
(0)
jklash12
(0)

Not Voting
(3) farside22, Brian Skies, absta101

With 10 votes in play, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline is in
(expired on 2014-03-26 23:10:08)

V/LA:
farside22 on weekends, Mitillos this weekend
Last edited by N on Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:54 pm

Post by absta101 »

In post 57, TierShift wrote:No lynch is awful and should not be attempted.
TierShift wrote:@brian:
2 no lynches would be quite ridiculous
but 1 no lynch might work.

I guess we all need to realize that if we mislynch twice day 3 is mylo and we just can't trust the cop, he might give a guilty on a townie if he's scum.
Please explain this.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:56 pm

Post by TierShift »

No lynch day 1 is awful
Day 2 I can live with it seeing now that we end up on mylo otherwise
Yiley
Yiley
He/Him
Goon
Yiley
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:25 am

Post by Yiley »

I guess that could work ts
Permanent scum read
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:17 am

Post by absta101 »

In post 128, Yiley wrote:I guess that could work ts
I really hate your style of play, just so you know. Actually do some scum hunting for once and post more content?
jklash12
jklash12
Goon
jklash12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:47 am

Post by jklash12 »

In post 116, absta101 wrote:
@Jklash
In post 85, jklash12 wrote:I don't get what I'm being evasive about. I thought he had a role from the first version where you could shoot someone in the day and it would end the day. Hence I thought he would use that to get an easy town kill day1.
What made you think he would use that (from his post)?

Also, answer my question here
In post 47, PrivateI wrote:VOTE: Absta

Because Treestumps have feelings too!

So, if I may ask, do we gain anything from a lynch on this first day? I'm weighing the options, and
it almost looks better for us to see if Brian uses his ability
, and just start "fresh" D2.
Here is where I thought he would use that power but I got the powers mixed up like I said.
In post 88, absta101 wrote:
In post 81, jklash12 wrote:
In post 76, absta101 wrote:VOTE: Farside
Not a bad vote; it seems she's been avoiding this game.
Weird how you jump and vote farside especially when you and farside were tied for most votes.

VOTE: absta101
None of the votes on me are serious other than yours right now. Do you think that scum-me would be scared of non-serious votes and then vote someone else because of that?
Probably not scared but you may want to stop any suspicion before it got started.
In post 117, absta101 wrote:@Jklash, - Also, why do you think Farside looks town?
I am thinking Farside is town because I haven't seen anything from that I would call exactly scummy but so far his posts have looked genuine but that could change.
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:24 pm

Post by Mitillos »

Back.

@absta: I don't really see how that suggests that farside was avoiding the game. 21 hours is fair enough for not posting. Also, why is Brian scum?

@Brian: Yes, if we're all town, the plan is pretty good, because it means only one night kill and it can't be the cop, so we get at least one investigation. As for your scenario for two mislynches, I already made that point, much earlier. If farside is scum and absta is town, we could be in a very bad position, with two mislynches.

@PrivateI: I never suggested lynching blindly. Scumhunting must still happen, obviously. If we do mislynch, well, it happens and we need to move on. If you let the possibility of mislynching stop you from ever lynching anyone, you'll almost never see a town victory.

@jklash: Still not sure if I'm getting it. Did you think Brian was a vig? And that PrivateI would try to get him mislynched, if he didn't use his power on N1?

Unvote

I'm thinking absta is pretty town, so far.
You don't have ambiguity; you have
options
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:04 pm

Post by Micc »

In post 114, Yiley wrote:Micc what is your opinion on far side/absta?
I haven't been involved enough to make any real reads yet. Working on getting that fixed tonight and tomorrow during the day.

I am still debating the merits of no-lynching in my head. I think it might make sense in day two following a day one mislynch, but I don't think it is a good option for day one unless we really can't come to a consensus.

In post 37, farside22 wrote:Now that I know my alignment. I think the 1-shot RB should go off tonight. The reason is that (1) it stops the mafia from killing anyone and (2) the even night cop can't use his ability till night 2. The cop gets an investigation and the doc can protect the cop.
If you were scum, would you have avoided outing this method of coordination? I find it weird, and a little bit awkward that your actions might hinge on your alignment.
In post 87, farside22 wrote:Sorry not at L-1. I thought it was 4 to lynch.
Where did you get the idea of four to lynch from? One vote off because of the double voter I could understand, but two off makes me wonder a little bit.
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:29 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 123, TierShift wrote:@brian:
2 no lynches would be quite ridiculous but 1 no lynch might work.
In post 127, TierShift wrote:No lynch day 1 is awful
Day 2 I can live with it seeing now that we end up on mylo otherwise
Why can't the no lynch be on Day 1? It seems a little counter-productive to no lynch on Day 2 if you're going to push through a lynch on Day 1 for information and whatnot.
In post 131, Mitillos wrote:@Brian: Yes, if we're all town, the plan is pretty good, because it means only one night kill and it can't be the cop, so we get at least one investigation. As for your scenario for two mislynches, I already made that point, much earlier. If farside is scum and absta is town, we could be in a very bad position, with two mislynches.
I already know you mentioned those points (and if you want to get technical, Micc was first to point it out and with much more brevity) and recycled the same information for my suggestion.

Is there a reason you're pointing this out for me?
In post 131, Mitillos wrote:@jklash: Still not sure if I'm getting it. Did you think Brian was a vig? And that PrivateI would try to get him mislynched, if he didn't use his power on N1?
I can see why you would be confused with how jklash got from point A to point B, but don't you think he probably just had a small mental lapse? It's not like he tried to push it anywhere and he clearly realized his mistake immediately after you pointed it out to him.
In post 132, Micc wrote:I am still debating the merits of no-lynching in my head. I think it might make sense in day two following a day one mislynch, but I don't think it is a good option for day one unless we really can't come to a consensus.
Why is it better to no lynch AFTER a lynch instead of before?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:06 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 132, Micc wrote:
In post 114, Yiley wrote:Micc what is your opinion on far side/absta?
I haven't been involved enough to make any real reads yet. Working on getting that fixed tonight and tomorrow during the day.

I am still debating the merits of no-lynching in my head. I think it might make sense in day two following a day one mislynch, but I don't think it is a good option for day one unless we really can't come to a consensus.

In post 37, farside22 wrote:Now that I know my alignment. I think the 1-shot RB should go off tonight. The reason is that (1) it stops the mafia from killing anyone and (2) the even night cop can't use his ability till night 2. The cop gets an investigation and the doc can protect the cop.
(1)
If you were scum, would you have avoided outing this method of coordination? I find it weird, and a little bit awkward that your actions might hinge on your alignment.
In post 87, farside22 wrote:Sorry not at L-1. I thought it was 4 to lynch.
(2)
Where did you get the idea of four to lynch from? One vote off because of the double voter I could understand, but two off makes me wonder a little bit.
I'm numbing instead of seperating this. If your confused let me know.
1) If you remember the start of the game I stated 3 roles I wanted one was 1-shot RB. I already had the thought of how best to use that ability as town and if I was scum and had the role I would have used it had it been suggested. (yes WIFOM) but that is how the start of the game is, you pick what is best and how to use it no matter the aligment. (well you should)
2) I'm in more then one game. I got confused by the number when I was in this game vs. another.

When did you have the thought of the 1-shot RB?

In post 113, Micc wrote:Yikes, I got prodded. I just got home for spring break last night so I should have time for this now.

On first read through I understand why absta caught some early attention, but dont think he looks necessarily scummy at this point. I want to keep the pressure up on Farside, but I havent seen anything worth questioning on first glance. I should have some time tonight to take a better look at this game.
Why is there interest only in me and absta? Are you only scum searching based on roles? If so why?
In post 119, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 77, farside22 wrote:This is odd. Why would you say you had the same idea, then say it's up to everyone else? A good idea is a good idea.
I DO share the same idea and line of thinking. But this game doesn't revolve around me and what I want to do. I can't force the other players to go through with it.
Is it normal for you to go with what the masses want? Have you ever played a small town game before?

absta wrote:@Farside - Your role could be really good for applying pressure. Voting someone who has no votes and that you think might be scum shouldn't be a problem.
Pressure is a double edge sword. I have seen town flip around and be called scum when they are put with pressure and I have seen scum do the same. I'm more wary of using it with a hammer in the game. I think my being wary is valid. If you think I'm avoiding voting then say that. But telling me to vote......I have to wonder why coming from a person with a hammer vote you are intent on pushing me to vote. :igmeou:
In post 124, TierShift wrote:Oh and guys trying to find the best plan for town is not something only town does and as a matter of fact very easily fakeable by scum because there's no feelings/opinions involved, just hard facts.

With that, I'd like to
VOTE: privateI
Come out of your little setup shell and start commenting on the game!
Why did you only notice private doing this? Also if you are concerned about the plan and the cop being scum why no questions on him?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:09 am

Post by farside22 »

@Brain: What makes a no lynch better for day 1 vs day 2?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:11 am

Post by TierShift »

Brian, a lynch day 1 will give us something to work with. If we afterwards decide we want to no lynch, so be it. But let's just play this like a normal day 1.

Farside, yiley will probably give himself away at some point in time, but I didn't really think about him much yet.

Yiley, obvtown pls kthx.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:25 am

Post by absta101 »

In post 133, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 131, Mitillos wrote:@jklash: Still not sure if I'm getting it. Did you think Brian was a vig? And that PrivateI would try to get him mislynched, if he didn't use his power on N1?
I can see why you would be confused with how jklash got from point A to point B, but don't you think he probably just had a small mental lapse? It's not like he tried to push it anywhere and he clearly realized his mistake immediately after you pointed it out to him.
Noted.
--

@Jklash
- Still don't understand your thought process. Can you just spell it out for us.
Probably not scared but you may want to stop any suspicion before it got started.
How would voting someone who has the same votes as me stop suspicion forming on myself?
Why did you think that I thought voting farside would help?

Your vote on me had nothing to do with my reason for voting farside, just the fact that farside happened to be on the same votes as me. That doesn't seem like a town way of scum hunting. I could've wrote the best case ever on farside and you could've still voted me for the same reason.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:39 am

Post by absta101 »

@Mit
- Look at all of Brian's posts; you'll see that he has only talked about the mechanics of the game and done no scum hunting. That screams scum who can't fake scum hunt. There's been plenty of content for him to give his opinion on by now.

After I'm done questioning Jklash, I will pick one of them to vote.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:49 am

Post by absta101 »

Btw
@Brian
, feel free to state the town intent in answering the question (that Mit presented) for Jklash.
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:08 am

Post by Mitillos »

@Brian: Because repetition should be unnecessary. And yeah, Micc pointed it out first, but someone else didn't see the reason for D2 potentially being MyLo. I clarified, so it's not quite the same.

As for jklash, it's possible, sure. It's not like I'm calling him scum for it. I just didn't like the way he wasn't explaining clearly where he got the idea of a mislynch (being evasive, as I said). Transparency is pro-town.

Incidentally, I'm liking farside for town, as well.

@absta: Brian may or may not be scum, but we need him for the plan. Incidentally, we also need jklash. If there is no kill, his message is the only thing that could tell us if the roleblock happened. So, I'd prefer if neither of them was the D1 lynch. Not that your votes really matter. You're a hammerer. Sorry.

@jklash: Please send me a message tonight.

Reasoning: If the scumteam is not contained in {Brian, jklash, me} we will be certain that the plan will go off properly. (You can replace "me" with anyone else, but the same issues will arise.)

Explanation:
Suppose Brian is town. Then I won't get a message. If I'm scum and lie that I did get a message, jklash will know if I lied, because he will know the contents of the message. (This is why the scumteam {jklash, me} is bad for this plan.)

Now, suppose that Brian is scum. If he doesn't use his roleblock, I should get a message. If jklash is scum, he might not send it, which is why {Brian/jklash} is one of the scumteams that breaks this. If I'm scum, I could lie and say I didn't get it, which is why {Brian, me} breaks this. If neither of jklash and me are scum, we will know that the roleblock didn't happen and we can lynch Brian, to stop him from using his roleblock on N2 and blocking the investigation.
Of course, if Brian is scum and uses his roleblock, then he can't use it on N2, so the investigation should go through, either way. Unless Yiley dies, in which case, just lynch me, instead.
options
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:31 am

Post by absta101 »

There you go Mit, proving exactly what I said in the beginning. You'll be less likely to vote the important PRs.

Also, we'll decide who Jklash sends it to near the end of the day. The person who looks the most town will get it.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:44 am

Post by Micc »

In post 134, farside22 wrote:I'm numbing instead of seperating this. If your confused let me know.
1) If you remember the start of the game I stated 3 roles I wanted one was 1-shot RB. I already had the thought of how best to use that ability as town and if I was scum and had the role I would have used it had it been suggested. (yes WIFOM) but that is how the start of the game is, you pick what is best and how to use it no matter the aligment. (well you should)
That all makes good sense but what I'm really interested in why you threw the "Now that I know my alignment" bit into that post. If you were scum would you have suggested the plan or not?
In post 134, farside22 wrote:2) I'm in more then one game. I got confused by the number when I was in this game vs. another.
I still don't understand how people play multiple games at a time. This game started a little earlier than I expected, and the week or so that I had to juggle two games shut down my motivation to play completely.
In post 134, farside22 wrote:When did you have the thought of the 1-shot RB?
While we were waiting for the first pick to be made I analyzed all the role interactions for combinations that would be powerful together. The cop/doc/rb combination and the endgame power of the doublevoter were the two things that stood out to me.
In post 134, farside22 wrote:Why is there interest only in me and absta? Are you only scum searching based on roles? If so why?
Knowing all the roles makes it easier to see how the game might pan out. Because of your roles, this game is going to revolve around you and absta. Maybe not in day one, but farther down the road being solid on these two reads is going to be absolutely necessary. So yes, I am scum searching based on roles. It also helps that I have a newly finished game with half the player list. Im fairly confident that I can read Yiley. jklash and Tiershift not as much, but at least I have experience playing with them. Newbie 1474 in case anyone cares.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:52 am

Post by TierShift »

Micc, prepare to be subject to heavy paranoia ;)
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:55 am

Post by Mitillos »

On D1, sure. But if you like: Brian's discussion of mechanics is not scummy. Not everyone forms reads in the same way or with the same speed. Some people want to interact directly with others, before forming an opinion on them. Your reasons for scumreading either him or jklash aren't enough to convince me to consider them scummy, at this time. This doesn't mean I'm opposed to lynching them, if there are better reasons for them being scum. If they are scum, their roles probably won't help us as much, in any case.

As for the message target, I can definitely agree to that.

Also, happy scumday.

@Micc: It is 4 people to lynch, by the way. 3 non-hammerer single-voters, 1 double-voter. That's 5 votes, hence L-1, hence hammerer hammers. farside was right about that. Also, I'm playing 4 games currently. I don't see the problem.
options
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:30 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 142, Micc wrote:
In post 134, farside22 wrote:I'm numbing instead of seperating this. If your confused let me know.
That all makes good sense but what I'm really interested in why you threw the "Now that I know my alignment" bit into that post. If you were scum would you have suggested the plan or not?
No.
What is the point of this question? How do you learn my alignment with it?
In post 134, farside22 wrote:2) I'm in more then one game. I got confused by the number when I was in this game vs. another.
I still don't understand how people play multiple games at a time. This game started a little earlier than I expected, and the week or so that I had to juggle two games shut down my motivation to play completely.
In post 134, farside22 wrote:When did you have the thought of the 1-shot RB?
While we were waiting for the first pick to be made I analyzed all the role interactions for combinations that would be powerful together. The cop/doc/rb combination and the endgame power of the doublevoter were the two things that stood out to me.
So you admit that you didn't say anything about the roles before the game started but wait till after.
Why did you decide to wait?
What makes it different from me waiting?
In post 134, farside22 wrote:Why is there interest only in me and absta? Are you only scum searching based on roles? If so why?
Knowing all the roles makes it easier to see how the game might pan out. Because of your roles, this game is going to revolve around you and absta. Maybe not in day one, but farther down the road being solid on these two reads is going to be absolutely necessary. So yes, I am scum searching based on roles. It also helps that I have a newly finished game with half the player list. Im fairly confident that I can read Yiley. jklash and Tiershift not as much, but at least I have experience playing with them. Newbie 1474 in case anyone cares.
Well that's fair enough that you don't know me. How do you think the questions you asked gets you a read on me?
Also I would like your opinion of Brian.
TierShift wrote:Micc, prepare to be subject to heavy paranoia ;)
Some how I feel this is a slight against me. :(
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:33 am

Post by farside22 »

As for the multi-game I joined when things were slow at work. There picking up and now I'm getting a little more busy and suffering a bit from putting too many games on my plate syndrom.
Sigh
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:35 am

Post by PrivateI »

In post 129, absta101 wrote:I really hate your style of play, just so you know. Actually do some scum hunting for once and post more content?
The problem is, it's never alignment indicative with Yiley. He plays functionally the same whether town or scum...

@Mod, V/LA until Thursday. Papers due during Spring Break suck
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:37 am

Post by TierShift »

I'm pretty sure privateI does not know yiley's scum game.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:02 am

Post by Micc »

In post 133, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 132, Micc wrote:I am still debating the merits of no-lynching in my head. I think it might make sense in day two following a day one mislynch, but I don't think it is a good option for day one unless we really can't come to a consensus.
Why is it better to no lynch AFTER a lynch instead of before?
The day 2 no lynch would only be viable if we mislynched day 1 and were potentially in MyLo. Yiley is the cop, and I am fairly confident that between Tiershift, jklash, and I we can read him accurately. Getting to that night 2 cop investigation without losing excessive town players could be the difference in the game.
In post 143, TierShift wrote:Micc, prepare to be subject to heavy paranoia ;)
Yeah...consequences of playing a good scum game I guess. Ill deal with it.
In post 144, Mitillos wrote:@Micc: It is 4 people to lynch, by the way. 3 non-hammerer single-voters, 1 double-voter. That's 5 votes, hence L-1, hence hammerer hammers. farside was right about that. Also, I'm playing 4 games currently. I don't see the problem.
I am aware that four people could potentially hammer someone because of the existence of a double voter and a hammerer. I don't think that is what farside was refering to at the time. As far as multiple games at a time goes...I don't really care what everybody else does. I just know I cant pull it off myself, have tried and failed multiple times already.
In post 145, farside22 wrote:So you admit that you didn't say anything about the roles before the game started but wait till after.
Why did you decide to wait?
What makes it different from me waiting?
Yeah I held off discussing roles because I didn't want to influence anyone else's decision. I would rather have a good role fall to me because someone didn't see its potential use than lose out on a good role I otherwise would have gotten. Honestly I think 1-shot bp is a better role than where it was picked and I wont shy away from that now that the game has started.
In post 145, farside22 wrote:Well that's fair enough that you don't know me. How do you think the questions you asked gets you a read on me?
Also I would like your opinion of Brian.
I try to get reads through understanding play style and intentions. Early game questions is the first step of the process.

Brian seems a little caught up with the game mechanics just like everybody else. There isn't a whole lot to go on. The subtle defense of jklash doesn't really bother me because its the same line of thinking that I have regarding jklash and the dayvig mix up.
In post 145, farside22 wrote:
TierShift wrote:Micc, prepare to be subject to heavy paranoia ;)
Some how I feel this is a slight against me. :(
I don't think it has anything to do with you, and lots to do with the newbie game I linked that ended a few hours ago. With four overlapping players its a pretty good read for anyone who uses meta. I know I will be referring to it multiple times throughout this game.
In post 148, TierShift wrote:I'm pretty sure privateI does not know yiley's scum game.
Based off that last post I would agree.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”