NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6850 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:05 pm

Post by Empire »

Day 5, Votecount 3
Ser Arthur Dayne (2)
-
Sakura Hana, pieguyn

Prophylaxis (2)
-
zMuffinMan, Titus

Titus (1)
-
Prophylaxis

Not Voting (8)
-
geists, Casso the King of Seals, Ms Marangal, F-16_Fighting_Falcon, Norlkaz, KoreanBBQ, goodmorning, Ser Arthur Dayne

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch! Deadline is on February 12th at 7:35 AM EST or in (expired on 2014-02-12 08:35:22).

Mod Notes
-
N/A
Norlkaz
Norlkaz
Goon
Norlkaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6851 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:38 pm

Post by Norlkaz »

Yesterday happened without me >_>
This will do for now.
VOTE: Titus
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6852 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:30 pm

Post by geists »

In post 6848, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
In post 6846, Titus wrote:Cephrir, my prior slot holder, pushes for the confscum and that makes me suspicious F16? Are you high or drunk?

I like the coaching theory even with daytalk. Scum have to interact with each other at some point. Helping scumbuddies diffuse suspicions is good. Also the presence of daytalk is part of the reason I cannot clear KBBQ.

GM, Generic self-hammered before we'll ever know if that was true.

Piegyn, your townblock needs serious work if Bert was in it prior to Prophy replacing in. His posting has sucked compared to his town games. Bert's behavior sucked.
1) I said you were suspicious because Cephrir might have let slip insider information about MafiaSSK being a scum PR, not because he pushed for the lynch of a conf-scum.

2) Why do you assume that I am either high or drunk as opposed to scum? The last game we played together, I posted an intense meta-dive of you to conclude that you were town. I think you'd expect me to read you correctly if you were town. I am scumreading you based on meta here. Your lack of paranoia that I am scum twisting your meta to get a mislynch when other people suspect you is telling.
Explain the meta basis? I have some thoughts, but I haven't played a game with scum titus - I've read a couple, though.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6853 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:01 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

I have. Do you believe Titus is town?
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #6854 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:03 pm

Post by goodmorning »

Weird how SSK and Gen interacted with Bert/Proph late D2/early D3.
In post 5347, Empire wrote:
Day 2, Final Votecount
Desperado (10)(LYNCH)
-
MC Maraca, Casso the King of Seals, Sakura Hana, Generic, Cephrir, Ser Arthur Dayne, geists, KoreanBBQ, pieguyn, Bert

Casso the King of Seals (4)
-
goodmorning, BROseidon, zMuffinMan, Desperado

Cephrir (3)
-
F-16_Fighting_Falcon, Norlkaz, DOMO

Bert (1) - MafiaSSK

Not Voting (0)
-
N/A
Generic moves from bussing to... Bert?
In post 5758, Empire wrote:
Day 3, Votecount 9
Bert (2)
-
Ser Arthur Dayne,
Generic

MafiaSSK (2)
-
Sakura Hana, BROseidon

Cephrir (1)
-
Norlkaz

Ser Arthur Dayne (1)
-
pieguyn

MC Maraca (1)
-
Casso the King of Seals

Casso the King of Seals (1)
-
MC Maraca

Not Voting (8)
-
F-16_Fighting_Falcon, MafiaSSK, goodmorning, zMuffinMan, KoreanBBQ, geists, Cephrir, Bert
This experiment is kinda fun.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #6855 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:08 pm

Post by goodmorning »

In post 6231, Generic wrote:Why am I still on bert when he is no longer in the game?

unvote
And then this is the reason he unvotes.

Man this is interesting.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6856 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:59 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

sakura hana wrote:He also kept saying Proph was scum on the day prior to that.
yeah, with absolutely no conviction. he called him out for lurking, but there was no vote, no push to lynch him. come D4 (prior to RC's claim) where was the conviction that Proph was scum? literally the only mention of proph is in a passing note that titus reminded him of broken promises
kbbq wrote:Why?
bert, interactions with generic (i might pull up the relevant ones later though i see GM is starting to do that now), and i was going over his ISO last night and really stood out as really odd - like look at what he says about that stuffed crust wagon in particular <- he says this basically confirms cephrir as scum when he's only
leaning
town on you and pieguy.

what's your read on him?
proph wrote:It's very rare that 5 town will be on a lynch in a row, especially on town.
it's not actually as rare as you're making it out to be, especially in large games (i've seen much larger wagons that were entirely town on a townie - and games lost because of poor VCA like this).
pieguy wrote:Generic providing meta tells this easily also makes sense in the context of him lining up a mislynch. he would have brought it up easily in order to get the slot lynched
considering the "meta tell" was simply lurking and all proph would need to do to avoid this oh-so-strong meta tell is post, how do you get lining up a lynch from this?

what do you think of generic not even mentioning proph D4 prior to the RC stuff?
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #6857 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:57 am

Post by Titus »

Will read and respond tomorrow/the day after tomorrow. Major work project.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6858 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:49 am

Post by geists »

In post 6853, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:I have. Do you believe Titus is town?
I can't find a post about her meta in your ISO.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6859 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:27 am

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

Her logic doesn't make sense. Her push on KBBQ doesn't make sense. I think that points to Titus being scum trying to emulate her stubborn town-meta as opposed to Titus as town actually believing what she says. Town-Titus is far more logical and reasonable. While some of her ideas are unconventional, they are things that can plausibly come from her. Here is a recent game I played with Titus-town so you can see what I mean: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30983
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6860 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:40 am

Post by geists »

I'm such a strongly reads-based player that a player who approaches the game the way town-titus does looks indescipherably absurd, especially in the early game, but I understand what you mean about her logic making some sort of sense when she's town.

The thing that is standing out to me in this game is the way she's insulting players who disagree with her or scumread her. It's a different sort of aggressiveness from what I remember in our earlier games (all town games).
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #6861 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:53 am

Post by Titus »

Got a little time during lunch. Replying now.

Prophy, "nice" in that context was used similar to nice try.

F16, you and I both know that disagreement does not mean the player is playing illogically. My logic is valid, and appears sound to me. I have said that KBBQ's manner is the same way I would crumb vig, although I may not have mentioned the game. See Finagling Hills, Mini. I was vig and crumbed in the same manner.

Geists, I am aggessive in every game but I do not level personal insults often as either alignment as I believe it to be poor form. See Bowser's theme game for what I believe is similiar behavior.

Again, I do believe meta is crap but if you go down that rabbit hole I am capable of defending myself as others value that source.

Also, none of you respond to my claim of what happens if Generic is succesful of his "bus" (assuming the falsehood I am scum for sake of argument).

If anyone says I am illogical, they need to show what about my actions lacks logic. My behavior can easily be tracked to a series of suppositions which I believe to be true. Anyone who persists in slandering me basically is helping the scum.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Norlkaz
Norlkaz
Goon
Norlkaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6862 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:41 pm

Post by Norlkaz »

It does not follow that a vig softclaimer is scum if an actual vig is found; random people fakeclaim or softclaim vig all the time.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #6863 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:50 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

yeah like this
Daykill: Titus
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6864 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:51 pm

Post by geists »

We are good with voting SAD or Titus today.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #6865 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:08 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 6864, geists wrote:We are good with voting SAD or Titus today.
Ditto.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6866 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:38 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

In post 6862, Norlkaz wrote:It does not follow that a vig softclaimer is scum if an actual vig is found; random people fakeclaim or softclaim vig all the time.
TBF, this isn't even the argument. Titus is arguing that I softclaimed vig and I denied that and my denial is a scumclaim since I 100% vig softclaimed and her "evidence" is that she softclaimed vig that way which totes ignores that Titus=//=Nero.
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6867 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:02 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

In post 6856, zMuffinMan wrote:
kbbq wrote:Why?
bert, interactions with generic (i might pull up the relevant ones later though i see GM is starting to do that now), and i was going over his ISO last night and really stood out as really odd - like look at what he says about that stuffed crust wagon in particular <- he says this basically confirms cephrir as scum when he's only
leaning
town on you and pieguy.

what's your read on him?
Well, I was arguing with Bert most of the game and tbh I prob wouldn't give a shit if his slot flips but my scumread is wavering just a tad bit. If I sat down I could write out a proper Bert case but I don't really have the desire to do so. One of the big reasons I was worried about him was his pushing on SSK but not joining his wagon and his reaction was "How annoying!" I asked if that was a scumBert or a townBert reaction. No one really responded to it but I did end up asking Gen about it and he was like "I don't think that's a smoking gun." Is that him pointing to Bert town?

There's also
In post 6247, Generic wrote:
In post 6233, KoreanBBQ wrote:or we could channel our inner BB Molla and pl the Bert slot for hammering Desp without a claim.
Are you being ironic there?

Or is that flat out hypocricy?
Is this Gen discrediting me to defend his buddy or Gen defending for town cred?
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6868 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:06 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

Though maybe is conf bias but I still think the last 2 scum are in

Prophylaxis
Norlkaz
Ser Arthur Dayne
Titus

so I don't care all that much who we want to kill today.
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6869 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:06 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

Though maybe is conf bias but I still think the last 2 scum are in

Prophylaxis
Norlkaz
Ser Arthur Dayne
Titus

so I don't care all that much who we want to kill today.
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6870 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:10 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

There's also this
In post 6809, KoreanBBQ wrote:
In post 6510, Titus wrote:
In post 6507, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 6506, Titus wrote:Rather than the melodrama, what about giving hard positions that are consistent with the fcts?
I already gave many stances
Casso, SAD, gm, geists, Mara are town.
You, SSK and Proph are scum.
Then, you seriously need to relook here. The scum team you are suggesting makes no plausible sense. We both came in and scumread each other immediately (well he is scum you are right on that). Would scum orchestrate a double replace bus? That doesn't make sense unless the scum team was boned. Given the mislynches and shots, that's far from the case. You are running from all signs shots and deaths point to SH scum and are trying to link m with your byddies.

Generic, it sounds like no matter what I would do, you were just going to scumread me for what Ceph did.
This post she's talking about her and proph not being scum together but doesn't talk about SSK. Does this point to Titus scum/proph town?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #6871 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:28 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 6866, KoreanBBQ wrote:
In post 6862, Norlkaz wrote:It does not follow that a vig softclaimer is scum if an actual vig is found; random people fakeclaim or softclaim vig all the time.
TBF, this isn't even the argument. Titus is arguing that I softclaimed vig and I denied that and my denial is a scumclaim since I 100% vig softclaimed and her "evidence" is that she softclaimed vig that way which totes ignores that Titus=//=Nero.
Actually KBBQ, Norlkaz has the argument right.

No one fakeclaims/fakecrumbs vig who is in their right mind. The real vig will kill them almost certainly. Your denial is to be expected. No one is going to say their actions were a softclaim of the dead vig. That's literally insane and not intelligent for either alignment. The evidence to me is pretty damning that your actions were a claim because I'd do it in the same manner. Does that mean I expect everyone to agree with me? No. However, I do expect people to understand that it is rational for me to believe his behavior was a softclaim.

Will both of you respond to my analysis that Generic "bussing" me is impossible given the fact it would utterly bone the scumteam if successful?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Generically Purple
Generically Purple
Goon
Generically Purple
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6872 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:11 pm

Post by Generically Purple »

None of you know how upset I was last night :/
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #6873 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:15 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

In post 6872, Generically Purple wrote:None of you know how upset I was last night :/
Why, hello there.
In post 6799, geists wrote:
In post 6798, Sakura Hana wrote:Either way, as I said before I wouldn't put it past Gen to bus like that so at least you stay alive.
Nati agrees that Generic's play after RC's claim doesn't at all preclude a bus. I'd like to hear Mara's thoughts on this, because my gut says look elsewhere today.
a bus is very, very likely, and I think that it may actually be the case here. Generic is, by no means scared of Titus, so I don't know why he would choose him to jailkeep. There probably was some alterior motive here, but the day went way to fast for me to find it.
Show

Cabd: trolling mara is everyone's TRUE wincon

We the purple Mafia II!

Pre-in's:2/9
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6874 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:26 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

kbbq wrote:One of the big reasons I was worried about him was his pushing on SSK but not joining his wagon and his reaction was "How annoying!" I asked if that was a scumBert or a townBert reaction. No one really responded to it but I did end up asking Gen about it and he was like "I don't think that's a smoking gun." Is that him pointing to Bert town?
i went to look at this for context and i can't find where it happened (ctrl+f'd "annoy" and "smoking" in generic's ISO). i'd guess distancing if anything, given the only time he really pushed bert is D3 when it was fairly obvious we were lynching mafiaSSK.
kbbq wrote:Is this Gen discrediting me to defend his buddy or Gen defending for town cred?
i dunno. i'd guess the former. it was an odd post to make either way, given he was supposedly scum reading bert at the time and really shoulda been agreeing with you there.
mara wrote:Generic is, by no means scared of Titus, so I don't know why he would choose him to jailkeep
mm, he was kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place at the time and pretty much had to claim to have jailed titus or his vote at the start of the day wouldn't have made any sense (he had to act like he was suspicious of titus because no kill and JK etc etc)

i'm not reading all that much into generic's choice there. titus's responses to generic after it happened felt town.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”