NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4900 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:47 am

Post by DOMO »

bert is a lot more convincing than casso
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #4901 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:55 am

Post by Bert »

I'm sorry I haven't been here. I'll be up late till 5 AM and I'll make a post or two every few hours as I've been absen - better that way so I don't spam 5 posts full of walls. Caught the past 5 pages, and still have like 27 to go. I'll just forget about the past 160 until I actually get a hang of stuff going on.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #4902 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:06 am

Post by Bert »

In post 4702, Generic wrote:But out of the three bert is the one that gives us least information... so it has to be casso or SSK to gain the most value from the flip.
Thank you, Generic. I think you're town because of the pure emotion from that raging stallion-like argument you indulged in with DOMO early on.

In post 4703, DOMO wrote:otoh, a bert townflip gives us little and wouldn't surprise me all that much if I'm honest, he did seem town through d1 and it's his voting around the time of the SSK lunge that has me thinking he's scum. Town can make dodgy votes too.
SAD and KoreanBBQ, et al., don't seem to support what you're saying. My play has been lazy on D2. Good news is I'm not run up to lynch -1 (yet).
In post 4708, DOMO wrote:Why aren't scum seizing on a fistpump mislynch? Because they're scared to? Or because it's not a mislynch?
All I can say is I'm puzzled by the swings of this type of game. That's a really hard question to have answered. Falcon asked himself the same thing in our last cult mentor game. Both the wagon on my hydra and Falcon went absolutely nowhere. It killed the game. KILLED the momentum, the smooth arguing. The game just stopped. What I'm trying to say is there's no way to tell why the SC wagon was so hard to build up early D1, but then suddenly found flashlynch momentum at the end.

I thought SC might be scum based on how hard it was to get any friction on the wagon.
In post 4630, MafiaSSK wrote:C. He thinks my action has to make sense. I'm now on my fourth prod in this game, meaning I only have one more left, and that just goes to show how apathetic I am towards this game. I haven't given a shit. I didn't see any stinking mason claim or whatever. I knew that geists looked town, so I protected them. Simple as that.
Dude, the knock on me has always been sometimes I mail it in or don't try hard enough. PRods don't mean a thing, dude. Scum and town both can be apathetic, so it shows us nothing other than you're lazy. I've been that way as both alignments before. It's not as simple as that. How can you not see that? There were two masons out there that had claimed. Why wouldn't you protect even a universally town Tammy over geists??? It does not add up. You must see this from our point of view.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4903 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:19 am

Post by DOMO »

Ok I'm readjusting somewhat...

SAD BBQ and casso.

This assumes bert is town and casso is scum. I'm gonna look at SAD and BBQ in more depth in a few hours.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4904 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:20 am

Post by DOMO »

SSK is still a given. I can't see him flipping town.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4905 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:39 am

Post by Empire »

Day 2, Votecount 29
Casso the King of Seals (5)
-
goodmorning, DOMO, Norlkaz, BROseidon, Generic

MafiaSSK (3)
-
geists, Desperado, Sakura Hana

Ser Arthur Dayne (2)
-
pieguyn, Cephrir

Desperado (2)
-
MC Maraca, Casso the King of Seals

Bert (2)
-
KoreanBBQ, Ser Arthur Dayne

Cephrir (1)
-
F-16_Fighting_Falcon

Not Voting (3)
-
MafiaSSK, zMuffinMan, Bert

With 18 alive, it takes 10 to lynch! Deadline is on January 11th at 10:10 AM EST (expired on 2014-01-11 11:10:12)

Mod Notes
-
fferyllt head of geists is V/LA until the 8th. goodmorning is V/LA until Tuesday. GuyInFreezer head of KoreanBBQ is V/LA until Friday.
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4906 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:02 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

In post 4866, Generic wrote:Oh, and koreanBBQ as strong town?

Curveballs are one thing, I can't understand the mindfuck you are pulling with that one though.
What's your issue with KBBQ?

I also have them as strong town, always have, regardless of how annoying Nero is.
Cabd: "hell, mc maraca is a two lady hydra of justice"
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4907 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:04 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

In post 4896, Bert wrote:Mara I miss when you are really tunnely on someone. You're kinda giving Cabd the steering wheel
Kinda, yeah but if you like tunnel mara so much, why don't you bring her back to life by helping her lynch the one she wants for today?
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4908 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:09 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

In post 4489, MC Maraca wrote:why not Desp?

He's pretty much ignored everything I've stated post-mason claim and his chances of being scum is much higher than it is for anyone else. he isn't as engaged as I would think he would be, and he still didn't explain why he thought the things I've done this game isn't indicative of town-mara
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4909 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:11 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

In post 4516, Desperado wrote:
In post 4489, MC Maraca wrote:He's pretty much ignored everything I've stated post-mason claim and his chances of being scum is much higher than it is for anyone else. he isn't as engaged as I would think he would be, and he still didn't explain why he thought the things I've done this game isn't indicative of town-mara
isn't that what you wanted? enough with this "but dat daytalk!!!!" bullshit--you took the easy way out and now i get to call you town and ignore you

why the fuck would i waste my already limited time justifying my scumread on you from before you claimed mason?

ps your stickiness here isn't helping my nightmares at all
and this is his response to that post.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4910 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:06 pm

Post by DOMO »

In post 3403, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 3298, Bert wrote:But falcon, lynching a lurker/useless one gives us little to no info to work off
The only information lynching strong town gives us is that we're a bunch of idiots, which is not something I'm prepared to learn so early in the game.
In post 3133, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 3125, MC Maraca wrote:Pedit: why don't you all lynch F-16
Unvote: Stuffed Crust
Vote: F-16

Done.
I don't even have a case on him. I don't care.
Right, so have you played f16 before?
In post 3283, Casso the King of Seals wrote:5. F-16_Fighting_Falcon Townish.
In post 3308, Casso the King of Seals wrote:Looking at some things that I am not allowed to admit exist, I would just like to clarify that I really like the idea of Pie getting lynched.
What the fuck is this?
In post 3346, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 3343, Bert wrote:Are you sure as heck that Falcon and Ffery are town
I am.
I'm also sure as heck that Stuffed Crust is town and the two top wagons suck quite a bit. Do you want to move your vote Sakura with us so the Day 1 lynch doesn't suck?
note - vote is still on f16
In post 3354, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 3353, Bert wrote:Why are you spending time now just tunneling Sakura?

Why now, why not earlier on during my stay here

P-edit: ok...
So do I have your vote yet?
note - yes, still
In post 3430, Casso the King of Seals wrote:I was hoping that I would be able to attract more votes than Tammy's, but with ffery and Bert liable to join soon we can make this at least as big as the F-16 wagon.

Mac, please don't stop posting.

VOTE: Sakura Hana
And finally he shifts, and showing an awareness that he's been on f16 for so long.

What the fuck is this?
In post 3593, Casso the King of Seals wrote:DOMO if Nati says no on SSK.
Oh yeah he tried to talk town into panic lynching me while I was on V/LA. No case, just higher chance of scum in a group containing me and SAD. And this was after I said lynching him on d1 was a huge mistake because it's nachothor. This is the same hydra that said earlier he hates lynching strong town players early. And they're happy to pick me off without me being able to claim or defend myself, because of a random unsubstanciated read.

I'm convinced he's scum.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4911 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:12 pm

Post by DOMO »

Gonna focus on BBQ after some food. I've seen enough of casso. Solid scum read. This is nothing like town nacho or town thor, except in glimpses, ie when they realise they need to town the fuck up. Less scumhunting and more reactionary posts, asking qeustions rather than pointing fingers, trying to get votes on someone he's reading town. I mean wtf is this? How is it so difficult to lynch this slot?

BECAUSE THEY ARE SCUM.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #4912 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:48 pm

Post by Bert »

In post 4618, pieguyn wrote:SSK is almost certainly scum bc setup. there's a gunsmith and a vigilante so it makes sense to put a scumdoc to counter both of them
this is a good point
In post 4580, geists wrote:Though scum-nacho does like quicklynches. And town-nacho sometimes is in a rush, too. This game is an example of town-Nacho wanting to get the lynches done and dusted:
Yes, town-nacho can also take his time if he feels scared or tentative about his reads. I don't see pace as an indicator of alignment for him.
In post 4556, Generic wrote:I'm fucking playing this for me again, why I bothered to entertain stupid people with stupid reasons I don't know
Aww this is a Gen-attitude. I like it
In post 4532, KoreanBBQ wrote:Right. So your paranoia is based that one game where I didn't even stay long enough to be evaluated and other ppl saying "dude this guy good as scum".
You had that paranoia since day 1 and that paranoia is based on that one not-even-completed scumgame of mine. I call BS on that. You had plenty of time to look over at least few more games that I actually completed. Added with the effort value I've seen from you in this game, it looks half-assed.
Oh GIF, Oh darling, how I wish you were playing as a solo player. My paranoia on you is very real too, you know. So I can see where Falcon is coming from!!! And have I been in a game with you as scum? Don't think so
In post 4524, DOMO wrote:I think SSK is scum.

I do not think we should lynch him today.
I agree right now. SSK is red herring if town because scum left him alive knowing he might become lynchbait.
In post 4485, Generic wrote:I prefer the casso wagon right now as I haven't been convinced by nachos play compared to past town games of his I've been in, and Thor seems to just contradict everything nacho posts to cover all the inconsistencies.
But Generic, didn't you join me in wagoning Nacho at one point in Wingate on D2????? You didn't seem so "convinced" then, nor did you at the end of our second game together...with the "we need to make sure your tammy/nacho hydra is town."
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4913 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:59 pm

Post by DOMO »

In post 533, KoreanBBQ wrote:I can't believe that I'm actually keeping up with this thread despite of all this walls and shit.
In post 719, KoreanBBQ wrote:
In post 717, DOMO wrote:What I see is an attempt to stay up to date and involved in town discussion, what I don't see is an effort to analyse people's posts and challenge people who you feel are scummy.
Well, there you go. The former explains the latter!

These posts contradict each other. He brushed off my comment with bullshit.
In post 713, DOMO wrote:Korean's ISO is a massive ball of fluff. So many posts with so little content.
In post 2558, KoreanBBQ wrote:There's likely scum cluttering things up. (geists?)
Ok if korean flips scum I would suggest people have a good look at who geists was scumreading just before this comment was made, because I would suspect bbq would be trying to discredit geists, which in turn suggests her reads at this point were solid.
In post 2673, KoreanBBQ wrote:At this point, I just want someone lynched.
Comment like this I believe at least increases the probability of the author being scum.

I dunno, I've started skimming which is a strong indication I'm losing interest, so I'll stop for now. The first half of his ISO seems really fluffy, but the second half was looking better, a little more town motivated. I'm really not so sure about BBQ and will have a look again at the 2nd half tomorrow when I'm feeling more motivated.

casso most ceratinly reamins a scumread.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4914 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:01 pm

Post by DOMO »

There was a quote fail there somewhere. Pfft.

I wrote this -
Ok if korean flips scum I would suggest people have a good look at who geists was scumreading just before this comment was made, because I would suspect bbq would be trying to discredit geists, which in turn suggests her reads at this point were solid.
[/quote]
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4915 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:02 pm

Post by DOMO »

And this.
These posts contradict each other. He brushed off my comment with bullshit.
It makes sense if you try hard.

I'm getting tired, as you can see.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #4916 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:46 pm

Post by Bert »

In post 4391, Casso the King of Seals wrote:I thought that BBQ's self-vote in the heat of the deadline pressure was a pretty solid town move, even if you discount his play before that point.
:neutral:
In post 4337, KoreanBBQ wrote:Also Bert I want your reads on

Bro
Pie
Cephir
norl
Marking this so I can answer once I finish reviewing this stuff 5 pages at a time at hourly spurts.
In post 4335, zMuffinMan wrote:*shrug* i was planning to be a bigger part of this game, but the site being down at awkward times for me and some stuff IRL leading up to christmas meant i couldn't really follow the game at the pace it was going
In post 4323, KoreanBBQ wrote:Bert is scum 'cause he was pushing on the SSK wagon but didn't join it.
How very annoying lol
In post 4109, Desperado wrote:pie, generic, bro, bert are town
A townread coming from you? =O What happened to "I have no idea what you were doing in Castle, and I have no idea what you're doing when you play"
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4917 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:02 pm

Post by geists »

In post 4884, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
In post 4870, Generic wrote:Pie, that's not a ringing endorsement from you.

I don't trust you altogether, much like you KBBQ will post something very town and then go the other way. His current defence on casso now he is lead wagon is a concern.

In fact, several of you have now come out in defence of casso, I have thrown it out there but give me the best alternative. I don't want a town casso lynched but this feels like a scum hydra. But that is not a certainty read because it relies on others being scum...

Fuck this game, I will wait got responses from casso/KBBQ/pie/anyone else defending casso right now.

In fact, f16, I want you to talk to me here, give me what you are seeing from the game state at this moment in time, I want guidance and you have yet to have input with me.
I am not seeing any progression of gamestate and feel somewhat tuned out at the moment. I have a strong scumread on SSK and am fairly certain he is scum. I have concerns about Casso as well that I put forth. Nacho has been addressing the suspicion on him but I don't see Nacho doing what Nacho does as town: wreck scumteams. He is just not as engaged in scumhunting. I don't find his posts to be similar to the Perpetual Mylo game that Geists linked earlier. But it is not as obvious to me that they are scum as it is SSK. Plus, I'll spend several sleepless nights if I help lynch a Nacho hydra and he flips town after he spent a ton of effort getting MC and I to stop tunneling and get the game back on track. So, what if he is scum? He'll still be here tomorrow as will all of us other than DOMO. We can persue it then. I see no reason to let SSK live another day based off of speculation that he may be protecting a buddy. I get DOMO's point that Casso could be a more important PR for scum but it is speculation and I am not convinced.

I am just waiting for DOMO to post all of the analysis he can before we move onto lynch.
Talk about the reasons for not leashing SSK if he's scum, and tying scum into suboptimal kills for a night.

Also, talk about your other scum reads.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4918 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:06 pm

Post by geists »

Bro, this is I'm not sure what - a warning I guess. I'm teetering on the precipice of massive paranoia about you.

Muffin, Desp, I've already fallen into the abyss. I would totally lynch either of you today.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4919 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:15 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

In post 4898, Bert wrote:Leaving him alive doesn't make the cop less likely to die. There's always the element of roleblockers. The action is so unbelievable (to protect Ffery), that I think SSK is smarter than that as scum. In my last game, he was a scum tracker and tracked Geists N1, yes, as scum. Would he do the exact same thing as a fake doctor this time??? THAT is the 1 million dollary question. He could easily be a scum doctor. I just talked myself into being unsure, but I feel like it's a coin-toss with him. He's also easy to lynch because of his lurker tendencies. Gut-wise, I'm not feeling this lynch now that I have time to be looking over this game.
Are you implying SSK is not smart as town? Because I don't buy arguments that someone is "smarter than that" as scum. If they are smart players, they are smart as town as well and will make optimal moves. On the other hand, they could make sub-optimal moves when they are scum (if those moves are optimal for the scum).
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #4920 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:19 pm

Post by Bert »

Protecting Geists can be smart/dumb depending on each person's perspective.

I'm saying that as scum, the most believable/accepted protection is that of protecting a mason (or anyone else you can argue).

Taking a risk and letting one mason become confirmed by the other's dying isn't unheard of? Either way, I'm not sure I buy SSK's explanation of "Geist was town so I protected them." Also, I need to check if DOMO's claimed copping of Geists came before or after SSK's announcement of action target.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4921 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:21 pm

In post 4917, geists wrote:Talk about the reasons for not leashing SSK if he's scum, and tying scum into suboptimal kills for a night.

Weren't you the one who wanted SSK lynched today? Have you changed your mind? I mentioned it in 4545 although Cabd beat me to it a post earlier.

Not sure about other scumreads right now. Cephrir is going to throw a fit upon seeing this but... I was waiting to hear back from you about your read on him?
SSK and Casso are other scumreads.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4922 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:24 pm

Post by geists »

In post 4921, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
In post 4917, geists wrote:Talk about the reasons for not leashing SSK if he's scum, and tying scum into suboptimal kills for a night.

Weren't you the one who wanted SSK lynched today? Have you changed your mind? I mentioned it in 4545 although Cabd beat me to it a post earlier.
Hydra dissonance up in here.
Not sure about other scumreads right now. Cephrir is going to throw a fit upon seeing this but... I was waiting to hear back from you about your read on him?
I wrote an autobiography about my game with ceph before I went on v/la. I also posted a bunch of links to parts of Sakura games you asked about.
SSK and Casso are other scumreads.
So two scum reads?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4923 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:31 pm

Oh, wow. I completely missed and 4629. No idea how that hapenned. My apologies. I'll get back to you on that.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4924 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:10 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 4912, Bert wrote:this is a good point
ftr I'm not the first one who said this

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”