NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4550 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:22 am

Post by Empire »

Day 2, Votecount 20
Casso the King of Seals (4)
-
goodmorning, DOMO, Norlkaz, Bert

MafiaSSK (3)
-
zMuffinMan, geists, Desperado

Desperado (3)
-
Sakura Hana, MC Maraca, Casso the King of Seals

Bert (2)
-
KoreanBBQ, Ser Arthur Dayne

Ser Arthur Dayne (2)
-
pieguyn, Cephrir

Cephrir (1)
-
F-16_Fighting_Falcon

Not Voting (3)
-
MafiaSSK, Generic, BROseidon

With 18 alive, it takes 10 to lynch! Deadline is on January 11th at 10:10 AM EST (expired on 2014-01-11 11:10:12)

Mod Notes
-
Generic is V/LA until Sunday.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4551 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:15 am

Post by Casso the King of Seals »

In post 4512, zMuffinMan wrote:*shrug* tbh, i can't think of any things i do as town that i wouldn't also potentially do as scum (and i think most of the difference between my scum and town play comes from interactions, and it's not as black and white as "i do this as town and not as scum"), so i dunno what you're expecting here and it feels like you're just using this as an excuse to call me a scum read
This makes sense as far as the whole "interactions are what makes me town" bit goes. I don't see when I would need "an excuse" to call you a scumread, though.
In post 4512, zMuffinMan wrote:you supposedly have a scum read on BRO, don't you? or at least he's not a townread? this statement doesn't make sense.
He's a weak scumread, don't really think that he's scum.
In post 4514, goodmorning wrote:Also it seems you've never pushed me early, so how would you know what quality of reactions you'd get from me if you did?
I think you start slow. You don't think you start slow. How does that make me scum?

I've pushed you late and I didn't get a fantastic quality of reactions from you. I can't see me getting a better quality of reactions from pushing you early.
In post 4524, DOMO wrote:I think SSK is scum.

I do not think we should lynch him today.
I agree with Cabd that too many people hold this viewpoint in order for it to be a good idea anymore.
SSK probably isn't surviving until tomorrow regardless of what happens.
In post 4531, DOMO wrote:It wouldn't be outrageous for him to sacrifice himself to save casso, if indeed both are on the same scum team.
There's not many universes where I would need saving at this point in time.

Vote: SSK
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4552 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:51 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

casso wrote:I don't see when I would need "an excuse" to call you a scumread, though.
casso wrote:He's a weak scumread, don't really think that he's scum
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4553 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:03 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

meh
Unvote
Vote: SSK
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #4554 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:09 am

Post by Bert »

Vote: MafiaSSK
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4555 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:19 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Hi Bert
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4556 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:30 am

Post by Generic »

So let me get this straight... I had mafiaSSK as a good bet for scum, was berated for daring to start a wagon on him and read numerous comments that he should live a to see what happens...

And is now the lead wagon?

You lot are punks, you know that?

vote SSK

I'm fucking playing this for me again, why I bothered to entertain stupid people with stupid reasons I don't know.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4557 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:37 am

Post by Casso the King of Seals »

Sometimes things just work that way, Muffin.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4558 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:52 am

Post by DOMO »

If SSK somehow flips town this wagon needs a good look at. Those townies who are voting for him, it's premature ejaculation, pure and simple. The only reason I can think of to lynch him today is in case he's actually scum RB'er faking doc, but no-one is arguing this, and more to the point, he's not fighting his lynch in a manner that makes me think he's important to scum. If he's scum, then good chance he's being bussed to take heat off other scum. And if he's town, this is a fistpump lynch for scum.

I do not like this lynch.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4559 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:55 am

Post by DOMO »

I mean it's L-3 with a week to go. Why the hurry?
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4560 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:56 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 4558, DOMO wrote:I do not like this lynch.
I do not like it either. But as i said... meh.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4561 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:59 am

Post by DOMO »

In post 4560, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 4558, DOMO wrote:I do not like this lynch.
I do not like it either. But as i said... meh.
I can understand meh with a couple of days left, but I'm hating that you're voting for a lynch you do not like with plenty of time to go.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4562 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:03 am

Post by DOMO »

Sudden push to end this day suggests we're onto something with casso. We get so much from his lynch now. If he flips scum, especially strong PR scum, then this push to kill of a claimed doc is scummy as hell, regardless of SSK's actual alignment.

I've played SSK before. He's naturally scummy. I think he is scum here, but he could just be the world's scummiest townie and actually a fucking doc. So please let's not kill him, because doing so is PREMATURE EJACULATION at best, and a horrible mistake at worst.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4563 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:10 am

Post by DOMO »

Ok I'll force this day to drag on. I'm gonna ISO everyone with an open mind over the course of the week. We have 7 days, so I'll make sure I'm finished by Friday. Now anyone who closes this day out early is depriving tonight's probable NK from posting his thoughts. I haven't got the time to do it all quickly, I have other things to do.

If come Friday we have no better lynch, then ok I'll accept SSK.

I'm not gonna ISO geists. I'm making the assumption she's town based on my gunsmith clear and her play. If she's somehow alive at lylo, then high chance she's scum, but it's a long shot. Geists is town and should be treated as such.

I'll do casso now.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4564 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:24 am

Post by Cephrir »

Meh, we have pretty much given it up at this point.

VOTE: ssk

I suppose we should leave it at this for now (to prevent selfhammer) so that domo can do his thing, given the high chance of him dying tonight.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4565 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:25 am

Post by Generic »

In post 4562, DOMO wrote:Sudden push to end this day suggests we're onto something with casso. We get so much from his lynch now. If he flips scum, especially strong PR scum, then this push to kill of a claimed doc is scummy as hell, regardless of SSK's actual alignment.

I've played SSK before. He's naturally scummy. I think he is scum here, but he could just be the world's scummiest townie and actually a fucking doc. So please let's not kill him, because doing so is PREMATURE EJACULATION at best, and a horrible mistake at worst.
He is a claimed doc that didn't die in the night... Only me and koreanBBQ pushed this to my knowledge so why would scum leave a town doc alive and NOT toss the suspicion about? Makes no sense and several scum suspects of others actually defended him.

From my perspective this vote is one I was stupidly drawn away from earlier in the day phase, and feels right to me.

Casso represents potential, but I and gain enough enthusiasm for it to feel okay with the vote. Even when I point to issues he comes in and leaves me empty, and it worries me that he's actually town.

I never understood the SSK defense, that no one countered his claim? Would you want a town doc to step forward DOMO? I'm not even happy that you claimed so I certainly don't want another one. SSKs claim and who he targeted isnt adding up and he has remained hiding in the shadows ever since.

Happy with my vote, would have hammered it too.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4566 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:35 am

Post by DOMO »

I would've liked a doc counterclaim if it was quick, but now I think I'm happy enough that SSK is scum that it's not necessary. But lynching him today does not feel very optimal. I think he's either town doc or scum doc, while we have a promising lynch that has suddenly been diverted in casso. If we can be happy SSK is doc one way or another, then we're better off leaving him and swinging for other scum to increase our chances of picking off a RB'er or anything else juicy they might have.

I'm looking at casso right now. His ISO is big so it's gonna take some time.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4567 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:49 am

Post by DOMO »

In post 1401, Casso the King of Seals wrote:I also don't think that's a scumtell for me.
This still sticks out like a sore thumb. I was picking up early townvibes on casso, and doubt was creeping in, but then this. I just do not understand how town phrases this in such manner. OF COURSE it's not a scumtell for you if you're town. There's no doubt! Your language here expresses doubt.

I think scum.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4568 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:55 am

Post by DOMO »

And yeah I realise we've been through this nacho, I'm now reading the exchange we had at the time. You argue that you're not all that assertive. Well actually you are. And even so, it's not a question of assertiveness, it's about mindset. It feels like it comes from scum, not town. Every time I try to interpret that comment, it feels like a scumslip.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4569 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:00 am

Post by DOMO »

In post 1780, Casso the King of Seals wrote:We should have lynched someone thirty pages ago.
Stuff like this I don't like either. It's not the first time casso has been talking in this way, looking for faster wagons etc. Did scum ever get quicklynched on d1?
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4570 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:04 am

Post by DOMO »

In post 1844, Casso the King of Seals wrote:I don't even feel like I want to debate Desp.
His case is silly - anyone who thinks otherwise can tell me why.
This doesn't much feel like town nacho either. I wouldn't expect him to pass the onus onto others when it comes to defending himself against a case he deems silly.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4571 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:04 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4567, DOMO wrote:
In post 1401, Casso the King of Seals wrote:I also don't think that's a scumtell for me.
This still sticks out like a sore thumb. I was picking up early townvibes on casso, and doubt was creeping in, but then this. I just do not understand how town phrases this in such manner. OF COURSE it's not a scumtell for you if you're town. There's no doubt! Your language here expresses doubt.

I think scum.
=/

Explanation: "I don't think that's something I tend to do when scum".

If you weren't obvtown I would accuse you of grasping at straws.
In post 4569, DOMO wrote:
In post 1780, Casso the King of Seals wrote:We should have lynched someone thirty pages ago.
Stuff like this I don't like either. It's not the first time casso has been talking in this way, looking for faster wagons etc. Did scum ever get quicklynched on d1?
The game slowing down and getting bloated is seen by some as good for scum. Do I subscribe to this? Meh, not really.

inb4 I'm accused of being Nacho's scumbuddy again.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4572 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:09 am

Post by DOMO »

I don't believe nacho subscribes to the idea of long d1 being good for scum. Was is xenoblade where he was ridiculously active throughout the day and thriving? He was really in the groove. Why is he so against a long d1 here?
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4573 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:10 am

Post by DOMO »

Anyway I'm going out, I got to his #120 and will continue tomorrow. Don't hammer SSK while I drink and sleep please.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4574 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:07 am

Post by Empire »

Bump.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”