NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4025 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:49 pm

Post by geists »

Ceph, what do you think about the decisions not to lynch Sakura?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4026 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:15 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 3503, MC Maraca wrote:
STILL TOWN

Casso the King of Seals (Nachomamma8 + Thor665)
MC Maraca (Cabd + Ms Marangal)
KoreanBBQ (GuyInFreezer + Nero Cain)
Muffin
Stuffed Crust (Mac + Varsoon)

TOWN

goodmorning
Cephrir
geist
Generic

TOWN?

DOMO
Tammy/F-16_Fighting_Falcon*
pieguyn

UHHH....

MafiaSSK roflwaffles
BROseidon
Norlkaz Brian Skies
Sakura Hana
Bert
Ser Arthur Dayne

NOT TOWN

Desperado

VERY NOT TOWN

Tammy/F-16_Fighting_Falcon*

*conditional, they aren't scum with the other, so if one flips scum the other moves to the townish pile however there is the chance that they are town, together. so, while a scum-flip clears the other, a town-flip wouldn't likely condemn the other

Pedit: but... I already linked a game where I think she used emotions of a sort to disarm me from furthering my case on her where she was scum.

also, F-16? you also said you agreed with him, there.
In post 3530, Tammy wrote:
In post 3498, MC Maraca wrote:AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

WHY

WHAT HAPPENED TO MY WAGON

AND OUR VOTE

DESPERADO WHY ARE YOU NOT ANSWERING MY QUESTION
In post 3247, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Mara, I don't agree with your reasoning for pushing Tammy and I assumed that it was scum motivated.
earlier you stated that you didn't know what to make of my push on tammy. You said that you had no way of knowing if I was town making a stupid move, or scum doing so blatant to "help my wincon"

and then...

and then...

and then...

you still say I'm the towniest ON YOUR WAGON and that I obv-towned myself when you don't even
know
what town-mara looks like and spent... all day trying to say that I was scum without really calling me scum

and? your scumlist is shiiiiiiiiiiitttttt

You do nothing all day BUT try to discredit my play and you only try to work with us because we claimed Mason....

but, as for why you think my case on Casso is wrong
In post 3252, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Suspecting you and pushing for your lynch isn't a scumtell. Saying that you are town isn't a towntell. Town can be wrong and scum will townread townies.
I'm very well aware of this, I town-read people all the time as scum. this is a far to simplistic version of my case on Casso, and it DOES NOT take into consideration what he knows about me, what I know about him, his knowledge on the kinds of things that make me squeamish, the kind of things that I don't hesitate to push on but completely disregarding that, anyway.

You also aren't interpreting the Nacho/generic interaction the way I did... it had nothing to do with Nacho admonishing him for scum-reading me

AND SPEAKING OF MY NACHO/THORCASE (mostly nacho)

In our game together, I was calling Nacho town for reasons FAR more useless than the ones I used here, I also called molla town for something super duper menial and you? you were all "oh, I'm glad you caught that" and didn't bother either of them, period. I was wrong on Nacho/andy, sure but you still trusted my read on them and you definitely didn't call them shit. Something I would expect from someone like, nero maybe but you?

it's pretty fucking weird. kinda like you're looking for a new way to discredit me since you can't call us scum anymore.

ALSO NACHO
I still maintain there being a scum between Tammy and F-16,
and I have a really hard time seeing F-16 scum so some light on the matter might help
Holy shit I missed this the first time around. Why are you wa-wa-waing about your wagon on falcon disappearing and then in the VERY SAME POST say the bold?
In post 3909, Generic wrote:That's a point. SSK claimed doc by lived through the night? When does that EVER happen?

vote mafiaSSK
this is an antitown thing to say, shut up
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4027 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:15 pm

Post by Cephrir »

oh I had more quotes in there. Oops! Whatever, obviously my comment on the first is "wtf?" and the second is "this and I don't feel like you properly responded to this?"
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4028 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:16 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4025, geists wrote:Ceph, what do you think about the decisions not to lynch Sakura?
At present I think that decision was absolutely correct. I think the blow up was pretty close to an innocent child claim.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4029 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:18 pm

Post by Cephrir »

On the whole Generic seems to be extremely bad at knowing when to shut the hell up.
Bartleby the Scrivener
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4030 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:23 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

pretty much, yeah.
Cabd: "hell, mc maraca is a two lady hydra of justice"
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4031 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:24 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

but he is still a great person
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4032 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:25 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 3978, DOMO wrote:I don't mind you voting me if you think I'm scummy generic, don't feel compelled to unvote to keep things civil.
such town
wow
In post 3993, MC Maraca wrote:Why am I alive and my mason is alive and the claimed doc is alive?
Because SSK is lynchable and because you're asking this question. Also, they couldn't kill you, you were the obvious doc save.
In post 4011, BROseidon wrote:I've like, super power skimmed most of what I'm behind on.

If SSK is around for too long, I'm PLing that shit. I'll leave "too long" ambiguous for now. Only concern I have is that he's a strong scum PR gambiting to stay alive as long as possible.

Also, if anyone expects me to remotely keep up with this spamfest while I'm V/LA, they can go eat some durian. Or something.
You really should just not discuss this at all. This goes for everyone. You are allowed to talk about whether you want to lynch SSK today or not but please don't talk about when you would be willing to lynch him if at all ever.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4033 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:26 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Wow, I went 100ish posts without readlisting! I shall reward myself by readlisting.
Bartleby the Scrivener
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4034 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:27 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

In post 4027, Cephrir wrote:"this and I don't feel like you properly responded to this?"
Mara clarified it was a typo a few posts later so yes we kind of did.
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4035 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:28 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

And for the record, there's an internal fight going on about f16 and casso in our Skype area. Cabd (me, hi) says f16 town after last few irl days of day 1. Mara thinks opposite. flip respectively for nachothor.
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4036 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:29 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

In post 3950, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Arthur, I buy that you wouldn't have liked to kill Tammy but it is still possible that your buddies wanted to kill her despite your objections. I am taking it as null.
the Tammy kill was weird and causes nothing but WIFOM.

I don't actually understand why she was killed, she would have made a great tool in making a shitton of noise

I would have never gotten over my paranoia over her without a flip

and at some point, I might have even tried to make a case against her
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4037 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:31 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

In post 4035, MC Maraca wrote:Cabd (me, hi) says f16 town after last few irl days of day 1. Mara thinks opposite.
Hint: I'm almost done winning the battle.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4038 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:34 pm

Post by pieguyn »

I'm in the process of recalibrating here. I think I literally went insane near the end of D1 and I get the feeling a lot of my scumreads were wrong

town
2. geists (fferyllt + Natirasha)
4. MC Maraca (Cabd + Ms Marangal)
5. F-16_Fighting_Falcon
7. Bert roflcopter
10. pieguyn SonOfZeus
11. BROseidon
13. KoreanBBQ (GuyInFreezer + Nero Cain) <- I still feel p strong about this despite SC town. like I've never felt confident about GIF town before and this is it. if he's scum I'm going to cry :cry:
14. goodmorning

null-town
6. Generic <- there was smth in his push on DOMO that pinged me and I can't remember what it was. I'll have to go back and find it. besides that, going with F-16's meta read
17. zMuffinMan talah
20. Desperado <- my memory is p hazy atm. I recall him looking town and saying a lot of things that I remember seeming town. later I'll need to look at him in more detail to confirm or deny this

uuuuuu town
3. Casso the King of Seals (Nachomamma8 + Thor665) <- casso got townpoints for end of D1. the only thing that's giving me reservations is possibility of Casso + Sakura team. either way, from what I remember of his D1 play I don't see what the scum motivation behind any of it is (besides below), and I think I have a better understanding of Thor's feeling of "just wanting a lynch already" now. on a gut level it didn't seem faked and I think I got blinded by the fct that his initial target was me. so I'm going with casso town for now. idr everything he did on D1 so I need to look at it again. if smth doesn't add up we can revisit the possibility later
15. Sakura Hana <- in a recent game she played offsite she started raging and talking about quitting bc she got lynched as scum despite the fact she supposedly acted the exact same way she would as town. so I could see her thinking about quitting after being lynched in this game even if she's scum, for that same reason. plus I could totally see scum nacho going "hey let's run you to L-1 and put on scum theater about you wanting to quit and then wagon someone else", especially if maracabd's idea about daychat is correct. she'd be in my townpile if it weren't for this

leaving
8. MafiaSSK roflwaffles
12. Norlkaz Brian Skies
16. Ser Arthur Dayne pitoli
18. DOMO
19. Cephrir

I haven't looked at what's happened on D2 in detail yet. will do later

for now, can people explain their scumreads on bert? I don't see it @_@
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4039 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:36 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

In post 4038, pieguyn wrote:especially if maracabd's idea about daychat is correct
It's not an idea. It's a fact. Masons having daytalk and scum NOT having daytalk wouldn't be in a normal game, which this explicitly is.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4040 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:39 pm

Post by DOMO »

In post 4010, KoreanBBQ wrote:Its kinda dumb but scum have claimed masons before.
Pretty sure there's no dripping goofball, kuribo or whoever the third head of serene was. Mason claim is legit.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4041 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:40 pm

Post by Cephrir »

A list not including MCM/SSK, with minimal reasoning
by Cephrir

TOWN
DOMO: This hasn't changed. Town town town town town town.
geists: ffery is posting a lot and clearly scumhunting.
Sakura Hana: That reaction.
F-16: The scumreads here are just bullshit.
Casso: I was persuaded in the last 40 pages. Thor has been surprisingly awesome and this looks like towncho.
Bert: He's doing what I'm looking for but not as much as I want him to.
Bro: Not playing the way I've seen him play scum, and when he does bother to grace us with his presence I like him.
Generic: mostly on the strength of today.
Desp: Those posts I picked out a couple quote walls ago really were this good.
Muffin: I really liked a few pages ago when he threw away a chance to scumread me (a very easy mislynch) for no good reason and without trying to take credit for having a sick read or anything.

LESS TOWN
KoreanBBQ: Mostly just because I have reason to think everyone north of them is town. This is definitely a 'to many townreads' type of game.
goodmorning: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz If you're town then I really hope you're a mason because otherwise I will probably lynch you at some point
Norlkaz: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz but I guess I liked Brian Skies? Reads don't get much staler than that one though.
pieguyn: I liked his entry posts but he keeps doing weird things, like blowing up which seems really out of character in between calm posts. Tone is too cold for my tastes.
Ser Arthur Dayne: I just don't like any of the things he actually posts.

After yesterday though I'm feeling rather shitty about this game so I will probably sheep ffery/Nacho for a while as long as they aren't doing something I strenuously object to. Then again I say things like that a lot and usually don't follow through on them.
Bartleby the Scrivener
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4042 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:40 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

In post 3598, MC Maraca wrote:Tammy, I wrote that huge wall rant when I woke up in the morning.

I mistyped, meant to say I had a hard time seeing F-16 TOWN, though considering I was scum-reading him all day, and Nacho doing the opposite (and thor too, while I'm at it) uhh...
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4043 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:41 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4040, DOMO wrote:
In post 4010, KoreanBBQ wrote:Its kinda dumb but scum have claimed masons before.
Pretty sure there's no dripping goofball, kuribo or whoever the third head of serene was. Mason claim is legit.
He said "scum have faked masons" not "town have faked masons for no reason".
In post 4039, MC Maraca wrote:
In post 4038, pieguyn wrote:especially if maracabd's idea about daychat is correct
It's not an idea. It's a fact. Masons having daytalk and scum NOT having daytalk wouldn't be in a normal game, which this explicitly is.
I'm not sure that's quite a thing.
In post 4036, MC Maraca wrote:
In post 3950, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Arthur, I buy that you wouldn't have liked to kill Tammy but it is still possible that your buddies wanted to kill her despite your objections. I am taking it as null.
the Tammy kill was weird and causes nothing but WIFOM.

I don't actually understand why she was killed, she would have made a great tool in making a shitton of noise

I would have never gotten over my paranoia over her without a flip

and at some point, I might have even tried to make a case against her
Because everyone but you could see she was the townest town that ever towned a town, maybe?
Bartleby the Scrivener
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4044 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:42 pm

Post by DOMO »

In post 4011, BROseidon wrote:I've like, super power skimmed most of what I'm behind on.

If SSK is around for too long, I'm PLing that shit. I'll leave "too long" ambiguous for now. Only concern I have is that he's a strong scum PR gambiting to stay alive as long as possible.

Also, if anyone expects me to remotely keep up with this spamfest while I'm V/LA, they can go eat some durian. Or something.
This is horrible. Alarm bells.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4045 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:42 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4023, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Cephrir, indeed I am posting reads frequently. You are at the top of my scumlist at the moment. Thoughts?
Now that I'm caught up my thoughts are "all things considered given the apparent strength of that read it's kinda weird you never really talk about it?"
Bartleby the Scrivener
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4046 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:45 pm

Post by DOMO »

In post 4022, goodmorning wrote:Hm, DOMO vs F16... I think F16 is Town.
Yeah welcome to ages ago. I agree F-16 is town.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4047 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:48 pm

Post by DOMO »

In post 4032, Cephrir wrote:such town
wow
What? I thought this was sarcasm until I saw your town town town comment. Why are you towning me so hard? It's not comforting, I can assure you. Quite the opposite in fact.
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #4048 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:49 pm

Post by Bert »

Comrades, I am here but I'm in way over my head with this one. I will join in for some first class late-night discussion after the holidays though to make up for that.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4049 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:50 pm

Post by DOMO »

vote cephrir

Towning me so hard is sketchy as fuck. He's recently been scum with me and knows I'm capable of acting town when scum. There's no way he can be this confident he's town unless he actually knows.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”