Mewbie 1442 the second -- Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #175 (isolation #0) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:03 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Brian here. From what it looks like, my predecessor did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING this game. So I'm just going to go ahead and claim.
I'M A CUTE AND FLUFFY KITTEN!

Spoiler:

I dare you scum-fucks to CC me.

In all seriousness, though:
The guy fails to vote someone on the players list and can't even be bothered to vote someone who was, how was this a bad jump?
Answered in thread.
30 I must be trippin' then.
31 Nice naked vote. You got a reason or are you just gonna shed responsibility by sheeping Nacho?
42 Why are you condoning this?
50 Why are you answering for someone else?
51 Oooh Reallyyyyyyy?
57 Why was the third vote more scummy?
61 I'm failing to see why GM deserved to be voted instead of Buck based on this logic.
63 What the hell are you goin' on about?
66 I disagree!
68 Now, if only "lynch all newb-lurkers" actually worked as a viable scum-tell. The first time I ever played Mafia, I rolled scum and I promise you I did not lurk. I took control of the town and lynched every person I wanted to.
70 Let's say you lynch a quiet player and they indeed flip town. Then what? You're back to the same boat but the player never gave you any information to work with. If you want a particular player to produce you content, take the initiative and engage them.
96 Not me I hope!
98 Instead of being worried about the sheeping, you should be more worried about the motivations behind the actions. Giffy wanted to see reactions, is this town-motivated or scum-motivated? Jmo decided to vote GM instead of you for who knows what reason. Is this town-motivated or scum-motivated?
115 How the hell did you get two completely different reactions meshed together like that?
120 1) I think people just find it suspicious when you try to direct blame onto a player for what they did in a previous game. 2) If you haven't seen her town-game, how can you discern? 3) It's just the play-style. He's mysterious and hard to read for me. Try not to get sucked in. 4) I don't think so. Not liking how some of the pressure got onto this slot.

Please forgive me for the large gap. I got rather bored having to sort through the giant mountain of content you produced for me. I guess it's time for me to

BUS NACHO

VOTE: Jmo
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #180 (isolation #1) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:44 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 178, jmo16mla wrote:ACTUALLY, tell me why you're voting me. I'd hate to assume something and get yelled at for "misrepping" after looking at your quotes you linked.
In post 175, Brian Skies wrote:61 I'm failing to see why GM deserved to be voted instead of Buck based on this logic.
If I'm misrepping, you should let me know. I hate it when people do that.
In post 179, goodmorning wrote:Also, have you come across the [post] tags? Much quicker than urls for this sort of list.
Haven't tried them yet. I'm still new to forum based interactions and I'm still discovering new things. If they're much quicker, then I gotta try them out sometime. These walls I keep making are sooooo time-consuming.
In post 179, goodmorning wrote:Why is who condoning naked votes?
I was talking about Giffy condoning naked sheeping. It's Giffy though, and this is the first time I've seen him outside of a hydra or being a mod. Based on what's been said about him, it's just a 'meh' thing because I don't know how he plays.
In post 179, goodmorning wrote:So three summary-type things for Brian:
1. I have heard good things and hope they are true.
2. I hope you are Town.
3. Not sure if buddying or just good-natured.
1) These rumors...where are they coming from?
2) Well, I hope you are Town too. :D
3) Look at how the votes ended up on you. Nacho voted you for probably RVS/serious related reasons that I do not know (nor care about). Jmo sheeped Nacho instead of voting Buck. And Giffy was doing who knows what with that vote. Your general apathy towards the pressure reads town because there's no reason to get defensive over it.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #209 (isolation #2) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:14 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Oh god. There's a lot of content. I'm just dodging a prod right now (or at least I think I am). I'll address things in the morning.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #220 (isolation #3) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:17 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 181, CrisP wrote:Good for you, please post a link to the game in question.
The first time I ever played Mafia was at a house party and I managed to convince the town to lynch most of the quiet players. I was the Day 1 policy lynch in my second game because none of my friends trusted me.
In post 185, Nachomamma8 wrote:I can't say I come close to understanding why you voted JMO (#61? Why does that make him more likely to be scum?)
It's the difference between what he does and what he says. In 61 he says voting and quickly unvoting when a person realizes a mistake is a scum-tell. But when Buck did it in 27, Jmo doesn't even question it. Instead he votes for GM because...? As a result, his reasoning for voting Crisp looks more like an afterthought than a legitimate concern. Both of Jmo's votes on GM look opportunistic and out-of-place.

Buck's early play regarding whether or not a vote is real feels awkward and like he's trying to look busy. The interactions between Jmo and Buck (or lack of pressure from the former onto the latter) raises a small red flag for me. Buck's most recent post is slightly better in terms of content, but if Jmo flips scum, I think Buck would be a good place to look.
In post 202, Nachomamma8 wrote:My preferred scumteam is RM and Brian, not GM and Brian.
I hope this has to do with more than inactivity.
In post 210, CrisP wrote:Brian: Is it morning where you are at yet?
If you consider that I just woke up like an hour and a half ago, then sure.

Regarding Nacho and Crisp: Crisp feels very town because of the way he's trying to piece together this game. He's pressuring people, generating content, and trying to sniff out the scum-team. The one thing I am worried about is the many associative tells he's throwing around. Lining up lynches is scummy as hell. Nacho is slightly town because I am getting similar vibes from my Newbie game (post-Bert) and Rows and Columns. I also remember notscience saying Nacho is very robotic when he plays scum.

Regarding buddying and defending: Town can defend their townreads. I chainsawed and white-knighted two of my town reads in Rows and Columns before I became the night 1 kill.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #253 (isolation #4) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:52 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 230, Buckwild wrote:Also, there are plenty of pairs out there that are not interacting with each other. Why focus on JMO and me?
It doesn't bother me just because you two aren't interacting each other. It bothers me that there is a lack of pressure (or complete redirection) from Jmo when I expected there should have been. It's a minor associative tell that matters to me if Jmo flips scum.
In post 239, CrisP wrote:That was so scummy from RM, I have to think about it.
What about it is so scummy?
In post 247, GuyInFreezer wrote:
Spoiler: Extra Content: Only for you Brian
In post 175, Brian Skies wrote:Brian here. From what it looks like, my predecessor did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING this game. So I'm just going to go ahead and claim. I'M A CUTE AND FLUFFY KITTEN!
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?tit ... en_Defense
:P
Spoiler:
Oh shit, you figured out where I stole the idea from! But based on flavor, I dare you to prove me wrong!
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #309 (isolation #5) » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:07 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Probably won't post until Sunday. Sorry about that.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #363 (isolation #6) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:45 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

My focus is currently being directed elsewhere. I'll post tomorrow.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #397 (isolation #7) » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:56 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

These walls...

Reading up.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #398 (isolation #8) » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:31 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Spoiler:
Skipped some stuff because I felt it was better not to discuss it.

Also kind of sad that I missed my glorious wagon.
In post 303, CrisP wrote:Here you are answering a question you were not asked, clearly worried that someone might check if you were active during your supposed V/LA (which makes it even more artificial), instead of the reply I was expecting, which would have gone along the lines of: no I did not think about what others would think about my post because I was just telling something to the mod. Guilty conscience someone?
V/LA is not alignment indicative. People still post and do stuff, so it's not like people are using it as an excuse to hide or lurk, especially during a night phase. If she were to do it right as pressure mounted on her, it would be a different story, but that's not the case here.
In post 303, CrisP wrote:So what you are saying is we should just ignore NK's?
Just when it's Nacho. Nacho likes to lurk sometimes because people like to NK him straight off when he's town.
In post 304, Yiu113 wrote:I'm certainly not the best at finding reads, so I often base my opinions on people off of how active they've been. Probably hardwired into me from playing on a different website where the average day length was 3 days, so a person lurking would be missing days very easily.
The content a player produces when they're around is generally more important than how active they've been (so long as they haven't been so inactive that they've become a liability). But I can see a town you saying this because I had the same issue in my Newbie game.
In post 304, Yiu113 wrote:Voting Goodmorning would allow the mafia to quickhammer him, assuming he's town, CrisP is town, and I am town, which would end up putting us into MyLo faster.
Wait, what? I'd love mafia to try a quickhammer outside of Lylo and make themselves obvious as hell. Easy pickings.
In post 305, goodmorning wrote:@Yiu: Lurking is not a scumtell. Depending on the player, defensiveness may not be either.
I think it depends on the nature of the scum-tell. I don't think it applies in all situations, but there are times where lurking is scummy (like disappearing right when pressure appears on a slot) or defensiveness is scummy (town flail vs scum flail; way the slot reacts to the pressure it's given [dependent on the type of pressure]).
In post 306, CrisP wrote:The forefront of my reasoning is that there is a very high chance that inside the 4, or 5 if you extend it to BW, of you that voted for RM there is at least 1 mafia.
Can you elaborate on this reasoning?

What is the scum-motivation in getting rid of the player championing the mislynch? Nacho was at the forefront of that lynch and would have received the most pressure on Day 2. It also wouldn't have helped his case that his reads were based mostly off of lurker prejudice and actually lynched one of the lurkers.
In post 306, CrisP wrote:If you often give early scumreads, sometimes you will get it right, maybe it makes sense for you but I can't really see someone picking up something by reading their first post.
You'd be surprised at what little things you can find off of nearly nothing. I got a pretty good scum-read off a player by page 2 just based on a discussion between two players and I was right about it. I can link it to you if you want, but this site is pretty cool in that there's some pretty interesting and somewhat reliable mafia theory floating around.
In post 306, CrisP wrote:It should be, also you voted RM mainly for that over JM, which now apparently is a confirmed mafia to you.
Lurking isn't a reliable scum-tell, especially when some people are notorious for doing it (and there are people on this site that do lurk pretty heavily early on but show up stronger later [not all of them get better]).
In post 307, goodmorning wrote:but then I do mildly pedestalize Nacho.
He was the IC in my first game on-site and is my biggest influence. However, Mastin gets the pedestal because Nacho tends to be wrong in my games.
In post 307, goodmorning wrote:The initial reason was his immuno vote.
:roll:
Hope there's more to this because this is just lame.
In post 307, goodmorning wrote:so I'm looking again at the reasons the jmo wagon failed.
It's called Nacho's lurker prejudice and lack of presence from other players.
In post 310, CrisP wrote:For the rest of town, what do you think about a possible JM BW pair,
what about a GM BR one?
Looks like mine from Day 1. Oh wait, it is! :D

Why is Jmo not lynched yet (in before it's my fault somehow)?
In post 312, Buckwild wrote:DC/AA: This ones ez. Still null, but this all changes depending on AA's next post.
I agree that this slot is null, but the inactivity is starting to become a liability.
In post 312, Buckwild wrote:Now that Crisp is moving away from JMO, what do you think of JMO?
He's a slippery fuckin' scum!
In post 312, Buckwild wrote:Ultimately my vote would be on 1. YUI 2. JMO or 3. Brian right now.
Help me
bus your partner
lynch Jmo and I might let you live another day.

Why do you think Jmo is scum?
In post 313, CrisP wrote:but I agree, the more I look at her defence day 2 the more it looks like she is town.
Oh hey! Looks like you're coming around.

I don't know about her being a solid townread, but her defense towards the pressure definitely feels town.

You guys should tone down the ad hominem. Attack the post, not the poster. Remember, this is a game and people are playing to their wincon.

In post 337, CrisP wrote:What is this? First it's not proper english, second it's false cause anyone can just hammer (very scummy I agree) and third what are you supposed to claim?
General etiquette on this site is to not hammer without at least having a claim.
In post 344, CrisP wrote:I think there is a good chance they are both town, I still wouldn't mind killing JM off because he is a liability
If you want to kill off a liability, there are better choices. The DC/AA slot hasn't done much and I disappeared for a bit (which would have put me in the liability category). Jmo's insanely active (still think he's scum).
In post 344, CrisP wrote:Now that both GM and JM have been pressured, I think it's important to check the lurker slots because I don't want us to get boxed into thinking it's either JM and BW or GM and BR.
This is good. Associative tells can be bad and if you're town, you've been repeatedly boxing yourself in. If you're scum, you've been lining up lynches (but you seem pretty town thus far, so I'm not leaning towards this right now).
In post 346, Yiu113 wrote:Crisp, I honestly do believe that if they pulled off the quick hammer they would be able to talk themselves out of it. While I'm not entirely certain how likely it would be here, things like that are fairly common where I play.
They wouldn't. A lot of the players in this game have enough experience that I'd policy lynch the fuck out of 'em.
In post 347, CrisP wrote:What do you think about JM's, BW's and my recent interaction and the conclusions I draw from it?
They point towards my earlier conclusion and this makes me feel like we're on the same page.
In post 347, CrisP wrote:Why do you think mafia isn't (quick) hammering JM?
A) Mafia isn't around or doesn't have the gull to claim intent and hammer.
B) 1 or both scum are on the wagon.
C) The wagon is on scum.

Definitely think it's C, with the possibility of B.
In post 347, CrisP wrote:What's your stance on VCA (vote count analysis) and talking about NK's?
VCA is fine if you know how to do it (or even if you don't, there's only one way to get better :wink: )

Talking about NK's can put you in some pretty murky situations and generate WIFOM where it's not needed.
In post 349, CrisP wrote:I agree but that does not mean we are right, it's you who is not listening: my point was that both of you (JM and BW) did not even think about it which was a possible mafia slip, because mafia would not even consider it, at least it looked convincing enough for me to try and claim you were screwed, post the mistakes you would have made as mafia and see how you reacted.
No, Jmo's in the right. Unless the scum-team was a pair of noobs, it's unlikely to happen.
In post 350, goodmorning wrote:Logic isn't the only way to scumhunt.
Sometimes you just gotta trust the gut.
In post 350, goodmorning wrote:Anybody see a problem with these two posts?
Yes, he's been
contradictive
contradictory[?] as fuck and now he's doing the same thing he accused Buck of.
In post 350, goodmorning wrote:That said, I would definitely give the side-eye to someone who hammered here without intent.
Not side-eye. POLICY LYNCH!

But if Jmo flipped scum, I might give them a medal (not really, DON'T DO IT).
In post 353, jmo16mla wrote:Brian hang posted any content.
What does this mean? And whatever it is, it's probably just my play-style.
In post 360, Buckwild wrote:GIF was not saying JMO was definitely town, but that the reasons for the wagon were poor.
DING DING DING!

This man gets it!

But no, this wagon is going to be glorious.
In post 364, CrisP wrote:By the way it's not strange at all that I was town-read by everyone day1 JMO, as long as I was pushing on you mafia had no interest in disputing it, it was actually better for them because it gave more weight to my accusations.
Bothered by this statement a bit.
In post 368, goodmorning wrote:It has little to do with this game and everything to do with the other focus of his attention, if I guessed right.
Multiple games and real life responsibilities. So yes, yes you did.
In post 369, ArcAngel9 wrote:How does it help by voting me?
I am on today.. will get my opinion today.
I'm assuming the missing content has something to do with the servers. I had the same issue.

Shit got interesting in my absence.

In post 371, CrisP wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I know Mafia isn't allowed to talk separately during the day in newbie games, at least that's what I read in one of JMO's recent games, in this case you have every reason to try and communicate with your partner if the strategy you planned fell apart, if by any chanche I'm wrong then it was simply a slip.
Hypothetically, even if we were a scum-team, I don't think I'm bad enough that I'd need her warning. General inactivity shows up throughout my meta and it's largely due to being a part of multiple games, being a slow reader, and other real-life responsibilities or hobbies.

The rest of that post has some logic to it.
In post 373, CrisP wrote:My reaction, why didn't they kill me, I've done and said the most this game
You do know, that a completely valid response to this argument you keep throwing around is that you're part of the scum-team, right?
In post 376, goodmorning wrote:Nacho's content this game was not "qualitatively superior," as you put it.
Lurker prejudice. Mislynched a lurker. Nope, not seeing the superior quality.
In post 378, CrisP wrote:Nobody questioned my alignment while I was attacking JM, other than Brian, he gave a strong town read with one problem, he says he is worried about associative tells, that's the mafia cop out strategy if something goes wrong.
More along the lines of lining up lynches. And I've caught scum trying to do that.
In post 380, goodmorning wrote:Um, no.
It's not something I can talk about, because ongoing games and not-mine-to-tells, but basically I was glad he was distracted by the other thing, but also sad he was away from this one.
That's the conflict of interest. It's my interest in this game vs the other thing.
This, so fuck-off from this particular line of logic before somebody gets mod-killed.
In post 384, CrisP wrote:Actually your massive use of walls of text is another tell, why would town want to create so much content it's very much impossible to sift through it, find the good stuff and the nonsense, only mafia profits from the total confusion you appear to be trying to create.
Making massive walls of text isn't a tell. It's the content within that is.
In post 385, goodmorning wrote:If you think I wall, wait til you play with mastin.
Or me. This will be put in a spoiler tag, btw. A lot of the content in here is kind of meh and it's mostly a catch-up post.
In post 388, CrisP wrote:Also I would understand him white-knighting you now but he did so when there was no reason to as well.
Uhh, no. The wagon on GM was bad and I fought the person I thought was scummiest driving it.
In post 388, CrisP wrote:Also I find ArcAngel9's behavior unacceptable at this point.
Server went down. I had the same issue.
In post 393, goodmorning wrote:My Brian townread is independent of his actions and is based solely on his words.
I think you have it backwards.

And it's the backbone of my case against Jmo.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #415 (isolation #9) » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:39 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 399, CrisP wrote:I'm fine with this kind of wall Brian, if you prefer then the nature of goodmorning walls is a possible scum tell to me:
What's the difference between her walls and mine, and why is this a possible scumtell?
In post 399, CrisP wrote:Yes and does this pair make sense to you now?
It doesn't have to make sense right now. We don't even have a scum-flip yet. It's better to get the first scum in hand before you start worrying about associative tells.

And besides, Buck has been slowly reading more town to me based on content.
In post 399, CrisP wrote:Consider that if BW and JM are mafia buddies, BW just bussed him so hard that a random vote from a newcomer (Yui113) or an unpredictable lurker (ArcAngel9) would have killed his partner and made it so much likelier that you and GM had picked scum from the get go, so next day he would have to defend himself the whole time from you. Does this seem like the kind of play a mafia would make?
1) Hard-bussing can give him towncred. And it's not a bad compromise if he felt his scumbuddy was in trouble.
2) Jmo and BW are not necessarily linked. This is why I told you to not worry so much about associative tells.
3) He might be confident that he can talk his way out of it.
In post 399, CrisP wrote:Does this seem like BW's mafia playstyle?
Never played with him before. And unless I have a very specific reason, I don't meta people.
In post 399, CrisP wrote:Also like I asked GM and BW, have you seen JM fake the asshole defence under pressure or is it something he does when he is accused by new players like RM said and I verified by ISOing him?
You're asking the wrong person.
In post 400, CrisP wrote:She is also a massive low hanging fruit, so you bringing her up is a small flag.
Or it's me pointing out that the slot hasn't done much this game.

Also, low hanging fruit can't be scum?
In post 400, CrisP wrote:If you read on you will see I believe that her defence looked town because the accusations that were moved against her were wrong, so she just had to be truthfull to be convincing.
This is a good point.

But if the accusations against her were wrong, then what do you think about the motivations behind the people pushing those accusations?
In post 400, CrisP wrote:Nobody brought up this point when RM got lynched, if this is standard practice then GM saying RM looked very scummy for doing it is pretty bad as well.
If it's standard practice, then I don't understand why she'd have to point it out. Also, most of the other players in this game have enough experience that they'd know better.

Also, GM put her at L-2. Giffy was the one who but Rach at L-1, stated so, and Rach claimed in the very next post.
In post 400, CrisP wrote:This was clearly a joke, marked by the :wink:, you using it to push more on the low hanging fruit is worrisome (see earlier quote).
This is just me pointing out why I don't like what you said.

And unless I have a really good reason, I don't push policy lynches. Especially not when I believe I have a good scumread(s).
In post 400, CrisP wrote:read again, the important thing here was to understand whether Yui113 actually believed this statement.
Would it matter if she did? Does it change your read on her slot?
In post 400, CrisP wrote:Normally you should be, but in this game I have been put in the unique position of being correctly recognised as town by most people, either because I was the only one trying to move this game forward amidst a bunch of lurkers or because mafia actually wanted to give me town credency because I was pushing on the wrong people, so I'm trying to use this as much as possible. Why do you think you are the only one stating he is worried about it?
I'm bothered by the statement because you're shoving it down our throats. Being read as obvtown by the player-base without being concerned about it isn't a town mindset.

And I don't know why I'm the only person worried about it. You're asking the wrong person. What do you think about it?
In post 400, CrisP wrote:You will have to agree this is the case if you and GM turn out to be mafia.
And you will have to agree with me when you realize that you're wrong.
In post 400, CrisP wrote:One of the reasons I thought out of game stuff was improbable was because you had just all told me it was explicity disallowed, she should not have posted it in the first place then.
That's fine. I'm not blaming any particular person, but it should be dropped.
In post 401, CrisP wrote:2. Consider the GM Brian relationship, both white knight the other, in one case with a blank statement, and both have the same mafia reads.
You act as though people can't chainsaw their townreads or have similar reads. I assure you, both can happen and there's the possibility both of us are just clicking.
In post 402, goodmorning wrote:@CrisP: Yui is Town and obviously so.
Why is she obvtown?
Answered in thread. I don't think Giffy was obvtown. This is also my first time seeing him play outside of a hydra. :shrugs:
In post 403, CrisP wrote:A big part of me accusing her was that she decided to claim VT, something that in my games you never (!) do, why would you claim VT, if the lynch doesn't go through then mafia knows you are not a power role and can ignore you as a NK for the rest of the game. But if this is standard practice before a lynch here (why?) then the only thing I really had against her was her very poor motivation for voting JM plus her lurking being a reinforcing factor.
What's the benefit in lying about her role? And if she's in danger of getting lynched, claiming VT isn't going to save her.

We claim because it doesn't make sense to just lynch people when we can verify their alignment and/or roles. If you were in a set-up where the existence of a cop was a given, wouldn't you want to take every measure necessary that you don't accidentally just lynch him because he was playing poorly?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #419 (isolation #10) » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:09 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 416, CrisP wrote:This is all possible, the question is, what is most likely to happen in a given situation, and your points while valid are unlikely to me.
Which ones are unlikely and why?
In post 416, CrisP wrote:Basically you are saying here you are lazy.
No, meta-reading just isn't part of my play-style because I don't care for the disadvantages that come with it. And I haven't found a good enough reason to rely on it.
In post 416, CrisP wrote:Definitely, it just worries me because I have a mafia read on you at the moment, this kind of statement isn't going to help one way or the other.
Why can't low hanging fruit be scum? How do you determine what's low hanging fruit and what isn't?
In post 416, CrisP wrote:Since I'm the accuser I know the motivation, I wanted to put the people who voted for RM on the spotlight.
Your accusation might not be the only one. People can vote for different reasons, especially if they're scum. That's the important thing.
In post 416, CrisP wrote:First of all Yui113 is a guy, second of course it mattered because he had the opportunity to quickhammer a guy so if he as mafia thought he could get away with it chances are he might have done so, if you believe like I do that he actually thought it was possible to get away with a quickhammer then the fact he did not quickhammer points to him being town or to the slot he had the chance to quickhammer bieng his mafia partner. Why are you asking me this, don't you follow this game? You look very uniformed given the questions you are
asking.
I'm following pretty well actually. And I'm asking you these questions because I'm trying to feel you out and get a better read.

You talk like you know what you're doing. But then you assign motivations to things that shouldn't have motivations attached to them, line up lynches, and have misconceptions about general site etiquette. I'm trying to figure out your experience and whether or not you're scum.
In post 416, CrisP wrote:Are you kidding me? What is the benefit of claiming VT?

As you said if she is about to get lynched claiming VT won't save her, so if she actually gets lynched this statement has 0 value.

Let's examine the case where she does not get lynched, always possible at L-1, then at the end of the day mafia have a pool of 5 (2 mafia, 1 lynch and 1 VT are not under consideration) into which to kill to find a PR, compare it to the case where she does not say she is VT, then mafia have a pool of 6 people. This means that if she is not lynched the statement she made actually give mafia a 3.3% better chance of actually lynching a PR or in other words is of negative value to town (keep in mind this is only day 1, with every lynch the numbers become progressively worse for town).

So the net result of this statement is that it's always bad.
Explain to me the benefits of lying about her role.

If she lies and says she's a PR, she will get CC'ed and lynched immediately. And then the mafia know who to target N1. It's stupid. VT's don't need to lie about their roles when they're about to get lynched.

The reason why I said claiming VT wouldn't have saved her is because claiming VT basically means: "Hey, you guys don't trust me. I'm a VT. We're not in a game compromising situation. Go ahead and use my flip to find scum." And I find it hard to believe a player would get driven to L-1, be forced to claim VT, and not get hammered.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #429 (isolation #11) » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:41 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 422, CrisP wrote:Once again (really?), low hanging fruits can definitely be scum, I just don't like that you brought this up, because from my POV you have a possible ulterior motive to do so, this motive being to deflect from you being mafia or you being mafia with GM.
I misread your statement then.
In post 422, CrisP wrote:I already answered this, plus I never stated anywhere that VT's should lie about their role, I don't know where you and BW inferred that, see my answer to BW for the rest.
In post 422, CrisP wrote:I agree, that's why claiming VT is extra bad, not only do you help mafia but the moment you claim VT you will be lynched for sure. What I said, for the n-th time, is that it makes no sense whatsoever to claim VT
We usually don't lynch people without claims and I'm trying to explain to you why her claim wasn't bad because she was expected to claim her role in the first place. You keep saying claiming VT was bad, and it's not because that was her role.
In post 420, goodmorning wrote:@Brian: I really would like to know what you think of CrisP.
He's completely shredded the townread I've had on him before. But there's still the possibility of him just being newbtown. Hard to determine.

For those of you on the AA wagon:
Why are you on it? Is the slot scummy to you or are you pushing a possible policy lynch right now?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #431 (isolation #12) » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:58 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 430, CrisP wrote:I gave you a logical undisputable argument on why her claim was bad, if you don't understand, the problem is on your side.
Know what, kid? I'm done playing the SE. Think what you want you arrogant little prick.

VOTE: Crisp

I think you're scum.

Bite me.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #441 (isolation #13) » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:12 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 432, CrisP wrote:What you are saying is, since everybody claims VT, that must be the right thing to do, regardless of how flawed it is.
No, I'm telling you that there was nothing wrong with her claim because it was HER ACTUAL [freaking] ROLE! TOWN DOESN'T HAVE A REASON TO LIE, ESPECIALLY IN THIS SET-UP! (Note: there are actually some scenarios where it is beneficial to lie, but that situation has not applied in this game)

AA is kind of on the right track of why I'm scum-reading you. Not enough for a townread though.

What you've been doing this game hasn't been town.

You put on this facade that you're obvtown and that you run this town.
You seem to be more interested in painting players as scum instead of actually finding their motivations.
You assign motivations to things that shouldn't be assigned these motivations.
You set up associative tells and look like you're chaining lynches.

You want me to treat you like the player you think you are, then here it is.

You're scum. HEAR ME ROAR!

I still stand by my earlier scumread of Jmo.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #445 (isolation #14) » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:36 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 444, CrisP wrote:I NEVER SAID SHE SHOULD HAVE LIED ABOUT HER ROLE, I SAID SHE SHOULD NOT HAVE CLAIMED VT BECAUSE THERE IS NO VALID REASON TO CLAIM VT IN THIS SETUP. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN NOT CLAIMING AND LYING ABOUT YOUR CLAIM?
It's the difference between claiming and not claiming. She was expected to claim. Period. Why you can't grasp this is beyond me.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #446 (isolation #15) » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:43 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 443, ArcAngel9 wrote:Brain... I may agree with you on JMO because this much i can confirm that there is 100% scum in my wagon or at least 50% scum.
Thoughts on the other players?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #460 (isolation #16) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:52 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

@Yiu: Why is Crisp listed twice?
In post 457, CrisP wrote:Brian comes in and says his scum team is now me and JM
No, you guys are separate scum reads.
In post 457, CrisP wrote:JM almost gets lynched -> RM comes in after lurking and gives a horrible reason for voting someone -> Everyone pounces on her and she gets lynched.
In post 457, CrisP wrote:AA after lurking all game comes in and gives a horrible reason for voting me-> Everyone pounces on her and...?
Hmmm. Sounds like we can find something here.
In post 457, CrisP wrote:Cause the only evidence he gave against you is that you and BW where not interacting with each other
No, I think Jmo is an opportunistic hypocrite.
In post 457, CrisP wrote:Also he wasn't so sure you were scum when he decided not to hammer you at L-1, did he?
I don't remember this.
In post 457, CrisP wrote:also which lynch has more strategic value for town? At least if we hit a town with Brian we can be pretty sure about GM.
Dude, really? Please tell me you didn't just say this. Line up more lynches.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #466 (isolation #17) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:09 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

V/LA until Friday
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #490 (isolation #18) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:42 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Looks like we got a replacement/extension. My reads are pretty much the same.

Also, no-lynch isn't a terrible option, but it might put us in a mylo situation.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #502 (isolation #19) » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:52 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

I have no interest of joining that wagon.

The only people I will vote for today are Jmo and MG.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #525 (isolation #20) » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:00 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 521, ArcAngel9 wrote:and my vote on him will provei t.
How will your vote on him prove anything?
In post 523, Mindgamer wrote:We have four dead vanilla townies. I suggest we massclaim to get some clears and some information. Since ArcAngel just quickvoted in lylo, I'd like her to start and proceed popcorn style from there.
Anyone disagree with this?
This is fine.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #531 (isolation #21) » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:13 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 528, ArcAngel9 wrote:Watch me. I ll prove it to you!!!!!

And to everyone else!!!!
Want to help me lynch Jmo and prove my innocence?

Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #535 (isolation #22) » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:16 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 534, jmo16mla wrote:Lol. Nice vote.

Arc, go die.
I like my vote too.

I've been trying to lynch you for 3 days now.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #539 (isolation #23) » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:25 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 536, ArcAngel9 wrote:Brian, are you counter claiming jmo?
Yep, I'm a JK. I visited Jmo on N1 and N2.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #540 (isolation #24) » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:26 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 538, jmo16mla wrote:I can't find my bread crumb right now. I mean, you can look at when I was about to be lynched to see my massive soft claiming.
You mean you made a fake breadcrumb so that you can pull this in Lylo.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #544 (isolation #25) » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:36 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 541, ArcAngel9 wrote:now convince me to vote one of you..... Prove it to me who is town.
Have you been reading this game?
In post 542, jmo16mla wrote:Kay, so, if there's a doctor, it's obvious brian is scum.
This. But there's no doctor because I'm town.
In post 542, jmo16mla wrote:Also, brain do you have a bread crumb?
Why the hell would I breadcrumb my role? So scumfucks like you could find it and kill me?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #545 (isolation #26) » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:37 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 540, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 538, jmo16mla wrote:I can't find my bread crumb right now. I mean, you can look at when I was about to be lynched to see my massive soft claiming.
You mean you made a fake breadcrumb so that you can pull this in Lylo.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #547 (isolation #27) » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:43 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Your fake breadcrumb was obvious and blatant as hell. I just hope my fellow townies realize that there's no way a competent scum-team would miss it.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #549 (isolation #28) » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:46 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 548, jmo16mla wrote:Me either. That's why I was pretty positive id be dead. Though it's funny because you called yourself incompetent
I'm town. There's nothing to call myself incompetent about.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #554 (isolation #29) » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:15 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

N1, I jail kept you because you were my prime suspect.

N2, I was still convinced you were scum and jail kept you because I felt there was enough of a diffusion in pressure on you that you might attempt a NK (WIFOM).

And here we are now.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #558 (isolation #30) » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:33 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 555, jmo16mla wrote:Don't wifom me. It's a valid argument and I don't see why you would jk the guy who was almost rang up twice.
As were Crisp/AA/GM towards the end of Day 2.
In post 556, Mindgamer wrote:You jailkept him because he might NK? I don't understand, please elaborate.
My end of Day 2 scum-reads were you and Jmo. If you were scum, I didn't think you would attempt a NK because of how close your lynch was at deadline, so I just checked Jmo again.

Once again, I JK'ed Jmo for WIFOM-related reasons. I thought there was a good chance that if he was scum, he would attempt to NK despite the pressure on him (which I felt had mitigated at the time).
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #559 (isolation #31) » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:35 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 557, jmo16mla wrote:Okay, me and brian aren't scum.
Me and mindgamer aren't scum.
An if I remember correctly. Brian and mindgamer aren't scum because they didn't hammer buck. Arc, like an idiot, left...
This isn't necessarily true because there's always the fear of getting caught out as scum on the unvote.

In mismatched, the scum-team had an opportunity to quickhammer at lylo and didn't until the next day.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #562 (isolation #32) » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:56 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 561, jmo16mla wrote:
In post 559, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 557, jmo16mla wrote:Okay, me and brian aren't scum.
Me and mindgamer aren't scum.
An if I remember correctly. Brian and mindgamer aren't scum because they didn't hammer buck. Arc, like an idiot, left...
This isn't necessarily true because there's always the fear of getting caught out as scum on the unvote.

In mismatched, the scum-team had an opportunity to quickhammer at lylo and didn't until the next day.
Well frankly, they're idiots.
Then MG is clear because he can't be scum with either of us.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #564 (isolation #33) » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:06 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Not explicitly.

You got a problem with me stating the obvious?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #566 (isolation #34) » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:12 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 565, jmo16mla wrote:I'm confirmed scum, mindgamer is confirmed town, and whoever the 1shot/doctor is, they're confirmed too.
FTFY!
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #569 (isolation #35) » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:15 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 567, jmo16mla wrote:Jmo-Scum
Mindgamer- town
Brian-JK
Arc-unknown
Buck-unknown

If we confirm one more person, we've won.
Just waiting for your partner to slip.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #574 (isolation #36) » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:50 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 572, Mindgamer wrote:See how great claiming is? We already got one clear. I'm VT, so we have the following possibilities for ArcAngel/Buckwild:
One claims VT, one claims Bulletproof -> Bulletproof is clear, lynch VT.
Both claim Bulletproof -> not helpful, but neither will be nightkilled anyway.
One claims VT, one claims Doctor -> Jmo and Doctor are clear, lynch Brian and VT.
Both claim Doctor -> Jmo is clear, lynch Brian.
One claims Bulletproof, one claims Doctor -> not helpful, but neither will be nightkilled anyway.
I'll explain my issues with this logic after the mass claim.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #616 (isolation #37) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:44 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 599, Mindgamer wrote:- Jmo is very active and contributing well, Brian is nowhere to be seen.
I tend to be inactive at times. My activity level isn't alignment indicative. I have finals coming up. I'm also in multiple games, so I was catching up in other places so I don't fall behind.

I was also waiting for the massclaim to finish. But it appears AA is nowhere to be seen.
In post 599, Mindgamer wrote:- I played with Jmo tracker before and he plays exactly the same here.
If he did it as town, then he can replicate it as scum, and he's doing it right here.
In post 599, Mindgamer wrote:- Jmo was the first to claim a PR and his Tracker claim fits with my Bulletproof role.
He only needs one mislynch and he got lucky with his claim. The tracker is a very safe role to fakeclaim because the probability of there being a second power role is 5/6, and no matter which one exists in the game, he's safe.

Tell me why JK is the safer fakeclaim, because I'm not seeing it.
In post 599, Mindgamer wrote:- Brian has odd choices for his Jailkeeps, especially Night 2.
I've already explained my choices. Take it or leave it.
In post 599, Mindgamer wrote:- Jmo breadcrumbs in the exact same way he breadcrumbed Tracker in the game I played with him.
See above.

One thing you need to realize is that your logic was flawed and I let it slide because I wanted to see if Jmo's partner would slip and he did. The logic was in Jmo's favor and he let it slide because he's fucking scum and he needs the towncred to win this game.

If there's anything you want to discuss, let me know. Otherwise, if you're serious about your claim, we can just hammer Buck.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #617 (isolation #38) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:57 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 616, Brian Skies wrote:He only needs one mislynch and he got lucky with his claim. The tracker is a very safe role to fakeclaim because the probability of there being a second power role is 4/6, and no matter which one exists in the game, he's safe.
Fixed.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #629 (isolation #39) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:56 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Will post after my exams are over (tomorrow or Friday).

Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #632 (isolation #40) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:38 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Sorry about this, but prod dodge.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #635 (isolation #41) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:18 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 618, jmo16mla wrote:Why is it needed that AA claims? mindgamer is confirmed town so why exactly would it matter?
I was stating why I was ignoring this game during the mass claim. We had plenty of deadline time so I was waiting for MG's gambit to run through.
In post 618, jmo16mla wrote:false. You claimed JK and gave terrible reasons for JKing me.
You made the easiest fakeclaim in the game and your partner covered for your ass by claiming BP.

I
am
the JK and I can't change the reasoning for my night actions.
In post 618, jmo16mla wrote:Whos my partner? the odds arent in my favor.
Obviously Buck, who I was leaning towards on Day 1. And they are in your favor when both of you fakeclaim.
In post 618, jmo16mla wrote:Youre saying that day two i was setting myself up for todays claim by saying that buck didnt go anywhere? oh.
Yes, you've been setting up for your fakeclaim. You completely emulated your exact same breadcrumbs (according to MG) to look town and win if you ever made it to Lylo.
In post 621, Mindgamer wrote:In Brian's scenario, we are in the Jailkeeper/BP/Roleblocker setup. Since scum have a Roleblocker, they know we're in either Jailkeeper/BP/Roleblocker or Cop/Doc/Roleblocker setup. After Night 2, four vanilla's died so scum knew out of the four townies still alive two were PR. At that point Jmo, presumably the roleblocker, fakeclaimed Tracker. He would get counterclaimed by either Jailkeeper or Cop. If it weren't for VT fakeclaim shenanigans, we would normally lynch between power roles. If Jmo were to lose at this PR vs fake PR exchange, scum would auto lose. Cop/Doc with two unclears is auto win for town and Jailkeeper with two unclears (and a clear BP) is autowin for town.
It would make sense for Buckwild to fakeclaim Tracker since his lynch would still give Jmo the ability to roleblock Jailkeeper/Cop. Then he could still try to get ArcAngel9 lynched. Jmo fakeclaiming instead of Buckwild lowers scum's win chances significantly. It doesn't make sense.
They fakeclaimed tracker because in the event that there was no other power role, Buck can cover Jmo's ass with a PR claim, which he did. The only reason why Buck got lynched was because you outplayed them with your gambit and Jmo watched his partner die. Like I said, they only need one more mislynch for a win and this is their play.
In post 622, jmo16mla wrote:He didn't leave a bread crumb.
Here's an example of me playing an investigative role (tracker) and not breadcrumbing because I don't want to die like a dumbass. I didn't breadcrumb because 1) I didn't want to tip off the scum-team I was a PR role and 2) the reports I received didn't tell me anything alignment indicative. Same as in the game I linked.
In post 631, jmo16mla wrote:*gasps* didn't see that coming. But way to stall the game out.
In post 634, jmo16mla wrote:Just end this thing. Any sort of town, seeing that this is lylo and his lynch is clearly favored over mine, would have made some sort of effort by now to at least make a case.
Sorry for having other priorities to deal with that don't revolve around this site. Way to ride the momentum and try to get me speedlynched in Lylo, you opportunistic hypocritical scumfuck.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #642 (isolation #42) » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:57 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

I didn't deserve to win this game. Good job town.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #644 (isolation #43) » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:23 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

I would like to clear up that somebody needs to declare intent to hammer before somebody is expected to claim. This was causing confusion and was one of the reasons why it was kind of difficult to win this game.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #645 (isolation #44) » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:24 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Also, MG and Crisp played really well, imo.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #652 (isolation #45) » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:24 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 651, Mindgamer wrote:Buckwild failing to catch my trick decided the game imo.
It was mostly my fault. I should have just rolled over and died and let Buck do his thing in the night phase instead of CC'ing like that (or at least come up with better night actions). At the very least, I could have made it more noticeable how blatantly awkward your gambit was (didn't know how I could do it without making myself obvscum), considering the logic was set-up in favor of there being a tracker in the game and you made sure you were confirmed town before you came out with it. It was a good play and a lot better than what I was trying to do.

Jmo also played pretty well and I'm annoyed I missed his wagon on Day 2.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #655 (isolation #46) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:57 am

Post by Brian Skies »

I'll trade you guys the Scum QT for the Dead QT.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”