Mewbie 1442 the second -- Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:43 pm

Post by jmo16mla »

In post 224, CrisP wrote:I also really don't like JM's defense, basically what his defence comes down to is that his sarcasm, which he is really good at he might add, has been misinterpreted, all in the same sentence where
he just stated that he can easily manipulate how people feel from reading his posts by the way he types
. Inconsistent some?
Its not my fault you don't know how I play. If you were so worked up that you looked up GM's games, why don't you go through mine.

bolded: It's not hard to act a certain way. If you get caught as scum(or see someone get caught as scum) acting a certain way do you REALLY think that someone would act that way? NO. Like, there is no "reacting badly" shit players react badly because they don't think about what they're going to say before they type it and type it out of pure emotion. You following?
town: 15:13 Scum 4:4
CrisP
CrisP
Goon
CrisP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:54 pm

Post by CrisP »

Sure, I'm checking you out, no worries, I am looking at your ongoing Mr Flay game.

It definetely is your fault I think you are scummy if you are town, your number one job if you are town is to show it to the rest of us, if everyone does then the scum are automatically revealed. Please note that I'm also not the only one that finds your play questionable, considering you have three votes on you.

I follow your reasoning but I can't really see you writing 205 in cold blood, and if you are a hot head who knows what kind of slips you might make.
CrisP
CrisP
Goon
CrisP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:23 pm

Post by CrisP »

Plus if you are town be proactive instead of telling me what to do, what are your reads, why are we voting you, what else did you notice, give us something to work with and help town along.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:58 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 224, CrisP wrote:you would almost have to, if town lynches a mafia day 1 then you're looking at 6:1 odds.
That doesn't mean I have to defend him from an initial push; it means that I have to make a strong enough push elsewhere. That saves me from being connected with jmo, at least.
In post 224, CrisP wrote:Because they look like fishing expeditions to be called town, as opposed to someone trying to show he is.
Asking someone their read on you doesn't mean that they're going to call you town, and the second post was a defense, not anything else.
In post 224, CrisP wrote:It does not, but if you approach it from a mafia POV / mindset, it then makes perfect sense -> occam's razor
Occam's razor is picking the simpler of two situations; the town mindset and the scum mindset. If you're lacking a mindset for the scum and the town mindset, then you can't apply it.
In post 224, CrisP wrote:clearly not, but it's easy to prepare the ground for the lynch if a misguided town already built the case for you, and I see no attempts of doing that.
It wouldn't surprise me if that didn't happen because the scumteam was lurking. You'll notice last game immuno tunneled the hell out of me early on, but no scum really jumped on. This was because of a few reasons (one of them being immuno and fatt being the same person), but it was also because the scumteam was lurking and didn't want to make the only thing they did an opportunistic hop on my wagon.
In post 224, CrisP wrote:why are we all voting JM
Because you think he's scum. That doesn't necessarily mean that you're all right.
In post 226, CrisP wrote:Sure, I'm checking you out, no worries, I am looking at your ongoing Mr Flay game.
Don't make references to ongoing games like this.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:20 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Vote Count 1.08With 9 alive it's 5 votes to lynch.

Voting for:

*CrisP -
*guyinfreezer - Buckwild [1]
*goodmorning - jmo16mla [1]
*Brian Skies -
*jmo16mla - Goodmorning, Brian Skies, CrisP [3]
*ArcAngel9 -
*Buckwild - GuyInFreezer, ArcAngel9 [2]
*RachMarie - Nachomamma8 [1]
*Nachomamma8 -

Not voting: RachMarie [1]

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2013-11-12 20:39:00)
Last edited by Malakittens on Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Buckwild
Buckwild
Goon
Buckwild
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:43 pm

Post by Buckwild »

I should have posted earlier before the next wall of text came. I haven't read through nacho's new stuff yet, will do tomorrow.
3 more reads:

IamDrRobot/Brian: post 32 seems like is is worried about us knowing he was scum last game? Then he goes V/LA. Lurker scum? Brian comes in and posts something that should be useful, post 175, but I don't like the way he posted it. I can't be bothered clicking every link to figure out who he is talking about. Post 180 is getting better.post 209 is a straight prod dodge. off that he says there has been too much content since his last post with just 34 posts since. Both him and crisp apparently feel strongly against JMO. Also, there are plenty of pairs out there that are not interacting with each other. Why focus on JMO and me? Leaning scum for sure.

DC/AA: Her first few points are about the last game. Then goes on to hating on my line of questioning to GIF. I actually like DC's questions against me that are causing me to get a town vibe from them. What was D/C's role last game? I am confused on whether claiming VT was a lie or not and whether it matters even. Appears to protect GIF quite a but then disappears. A/A drops in and says she will post Monday. I'm gonna have to go with null until I see more.

Rach: a lot of nothing initially from being sick. First posts after don't add much. Continues to talk about lurkers being null, which a definitely disagree with. This is mostly a feel as I don't have much content to point at right now: leaning scum.

I need more time to look at GIF again. It seems everyone was fine with him so I have to reread our exchange again.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:28 pm

Post by jmo16mla »

In post 226, CrisP wrote:Sure, I'm checking you out, no worries, I am looking at your ongoing Mr Flay game.

It definetely is your fault I think you are scummy if you are town, your number one job if you are town is to show it to the rest of us, if everyone does then the scum are automatically revealed. Please note that I'm also not the only one that finds your play questionable, considering you have three votes on you.

I follow your reasoning but I can't really see you writing 205 in cold blood, and if you are a hot head who knows what kind of slips you might make.
YOU DONT TALK ABOU ONGOING GAMES. EVER.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:00 pm

Post by RachMarie »

Crisp

I don't lie about being sick. We just got our car too so have been doing some shopping to stock up on things finally. (among other things I need a new computer chair since I can only sit at this one for so long before I have to lay down because my legs are hurting, still looking for one of those). I have to reiterate iwhat Jmo said though. If you want to use meta only use completed games, never ongoing games that is against the site rules to refer to ongoing games and can get you banned, force replaced, or mod killed.

Nacho tends to bus his buddy hard for town cred when he is scum, since I know I am town and not his buddy I think he is most likely town.

Jmo tends to get rather snarky when peeps think he is scum when he is town, we have had our run ins before. I am not seeing a lot of that here though, and the passion is not strong like it usually is. Putting him in the scum pile.

I have a strong town read on Crisp.

Arc tends to be really feisty when she is town she also has a tendency to fake claim at times though most of my experience with her doing that is in non Newbie games. I have played scum with her before though so if she is scum I should be able to peg that down the road.

Brian replaced IDR. Nacho do you still find the slot scummy or has Brian changed your mind? He seems a bit more towny than IDR seemed to me.

However we are down to less than two days so we need to come up with a lynch.

VOTE: Jmo

That is L-1 DO NOT HAMMER WITHOUT GIVING INTENT TO HAMMER.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:05 pm

Post by jmo16mla »

What the fuck? fucking unvote me now.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:08 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Do not talk bout ongoing games. This is your first and final warning.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:08 pm

Post by jmo16mla »

Rach, Youre scum, or you really don't care/havent really read. That's rather sad that you don't see me.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:08 pm

Post by jmo16mla »

In post 234, Malakittens wrote:Do not talk bout ongoing games. This is your first and final warning.
Nothing kills my vibe than when someone does that. Like seriously, it makes me not even want to play this game anymore.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:10 pm

Post by jmo16mla »

But in other words,
rach wrote:I feel like jmo isnt himself....... Welp, we need a lynch *votes jmo*
If that's not the weakest crap in the world its right there with it.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:39 pm

Post by jmo16mla »

nacho, whos scum?
CrisP
CrisP
Goon
CrisP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:19 pm

Post by CrisP »

UNVOTE: jmo16mla

That was so scummy from RM, I have to think about it.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:44 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 230, Buckwild wrote:Brian comes in and posts something that should be useful, post 175, but I don't like the way he posted it. I can't be bothered clicking every link to figure out who he is talking about.
This doesn't mean much. What did you think of his content?
In post 230, Buckwild wrote:What was D/C's role last game?
VT.
In post 232, RachMarie wrote:Nacho tends to bus his buddy hard for town cred when he is scum, since I know I am town and not his buddy I think he is most likely town.
I don't always bus my partners. I certainly didn't in Duck Duck Goose.
In post 232, RachMarie wrote:Brian replaced IDR. Nacho do you still find the slot scummy or has Brian changed your mind? He seems a bit more towny than IDR seemed to me.
I agree with this.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:31 am

Post by jmo16mla »

So, uh.
VOTE: RM

I'm not being lynched today.
CrisP
CrisP
Goon
CrisP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:39 am

Post by CrisP »

I'm ok with both JM and RM being lynched now, I think JM is really scummy, he tells people to unvote, he auto votes the only other possible lynch without even giving a reason, he doesn't give his reads to help town, everything he is doing just rubs me the wrong way, maybe I'm too invested in him but if so then hey, someone else still has to agree and I think he would play a shitty town later along the line anyway, I don't want to worry about him anymore.

I also think if I'm wrong and jmo16mla is town it's not going to be a problem tomorrow to agree on a lynch on RM, whereas if jmo16mla slips under the radar now I don't think I can get him lynched tomorrow, he is a more costly mistake to make so I'm going to hedge my bets in the right direction.

Lynching JM also has the added benefit for me of finding out Nacho's alignment, there is always the chance he is mafia and is defending a townie but I'd give that play a 10% at most, JM would be dead now if Nacho was mafia and he is town, only the scenario where Nacho has already invested so much in defending JM and can't backtrack anymore and keep his credibility exists, and that's my 10%.

I'm not even close to 90% on anyone else so if JM is town Nacho would be my biggest town read at that point and since he has reads on RM and BR anyway I'd be happy to go along with them.

VOTE: jmo16mla

This is L-1, hammer only with intent to lynch
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:49 am

Post by jmo16mla »

I gave my fucking reasoning.

I coul have voted buck wild. He already has TWO votes on him. RACH HAD ONE. You're an idiot. Unvote me.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:54 am

Post by jmo16mla »

Btw, how do you call me scummy for "voting the only other wagon that may lynch" when rach did the same thing?
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:35 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 242, CrisP wrote:Lynching JM also has the added benefit for me of finding out Nacho's alignment, there is always the chance he is mafia and is defending a townie but I'd give that play a 10% at most, JM would be dead now if Nacho was mafia and he is town, only the scenario where Nacho has already invested so much in defending JM and can't backtrack anymore and keep his credibility exists, and that's my 10%.
Or there's WKing, but that's not a particularly likely one either.

Hm. One the one hand, Jmo looks scummy as all get-out.
On the other hand,

Vote: Rach
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:40 am

Post by jmo16mla »

Praise The Lord.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:09 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Lazy catch-up post/prod dodge post it a go!

1. jmo wagon is bad and y'all should feel bad.
2. BS's intro at #175 looked forced.
3. Less than a two days left? Oh lordy.
4. Last few BW's posts actually felt town. Damn you nacho
5. VOTE: Rach
6. This is L-1.

Spoiler: Extra Content: Only for you Brian
In post 175, Brian Skies wrote:Brian here. From what it looks like, my predecessor did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING this game. So I'm just going to go ahead and claim. I'M A CUTE AND FLUFFY KITTEN!
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?tit ... en_Defense
:P

Will post something more proper later today <.<
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:57 am

Post by RachMarie »

meh guys n gals I am VT so its not a real big loss.

However my vote stays on Jmo the way he is acting is most definitly not helping out town.

Do you have a list of reads Jmo? Besides oh Rach must be scum she voted for me and a comment on Buck dude?
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:32 am

Post by jmo16mla »

Chrisp is hard headded town.
I need more fighting and yelling with others to figure them out.

I mean, rach, you don't remember voided's game where I went into lylo with wisdom, nic cage, pahino and some other dude?

I really don't see how I'm different this game. I'm really meh until someone calls me out. THEN I get firey.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”