Mewbie 1442 the second -- Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
CrisP
CrisP
Goon
CrisP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:05 pm

Post by CrisP »

Well... you got a false positive on Buck so that was not really helpful, but good job on randomly picking mafia I guess, you gave away that you were a power role day 2, which I desperately tried to cover up, your insistence notwithstanding, you failed to hammer on day 2 (which might have easily lost the game without the GM self hammer, you need to grow some stones), finally the track on Brian didn't add anything to the game at that point.

If the stuff you said about MG, asking him to promise that his BP claim was not a joke, which led him to retract his claim, was a play, then that was pretty good but it did not work cause Brian killed AA anyway, if it was not a play then I'll plead the fifth.
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:12 am

Post by Mindgamer »

CrisP played very well imo. Very active and decently assertive. Mafia is mostly about getting correct reads. It's not a townie's job to concern themselves with 'acting like town'. A townie's job is to pressure other players and read them correctly. In that regard, I don't think it's fair that Goodmorning blames Crisp for her own incorrect read. Crisp had plenty of content up. If you read that incorrectly, you'll have to look at your own mistakes first before blaming others.

As for the game itself, I enjoyed it. Mafia were unfortunate both PRs survived to 5-player lylo. Buckwild failing to catch my trick decided the game imo. In a normal Buckwild vs ArcAngel9 situation, I think ArcAngel9 would've been lynched. Jmo proved very reluctant to vote Buckwild even after he was confirmed mafia and I was pretty 50/50 myself. Jmo did a good job posting very actively in end game though, that made the final decision a lot easier.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:24 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 651, Mindgamer wrote:Buckwild failing to catch my trick decided the game imo.
It was mostly my fault. I should have just rolled over and died and let Buck do his thing in the night phase instead of CC'ing like that (or at least come up with better night actions). At the very least, I could have made it more noticeable how blatantly awkward your gambit was (didn't know how I could do it without making myself obvscum), considering the logic was set-up in favor of there being a tracker in the game and you made sure you were confirmed town before you came out with it. It was a good play and a lot better than what I was trying to do.

Jmo also played pretty well and I'm annoyed I missed his wagon on Day 2.
Yiu113
Yiu113
Townie
Yiu113
Townie
Townie

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:23 am

Post by Yiu113 »

So why did the mafia hit me?
CrisP
CrisP
Goon
CrisP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:06 am

Post by CrisP »

Because you managed to look town to most of us and you were on board with the Brian lynch but not so vocal about it that killing you would have been like pointing an arrow to himself, is my guess.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:57 am

Post by Brian Skies »

I'll trade you guys the Scum QT for the Dead QT.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:44 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 651, Mindgamer wrote:CrisP played very well imo. Very active and decently assertive. Mafia is mostly about getting correct reads. It's not a townie's job to concern themselves with 'acting like town'. A townie's job is to pressure other players and read them correctly. In that regard, I don't think it's fair that Goodmorning blames Crisp for her own incorrect read. Crisp had plenty of content up. If you read that incorrectly, you'll have to look at your own mistakes first before blaming others.
I don't blame CrisP for my incorrect read on him.

I blame him for misrepping literally* every single thing that I said.

*Actual literally, not "I literally died" literally.

I want especially to congratulate Jmo for getting me to 180 on him D2.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:46 pm

Post by jmo16mla »

In post 656, goodmorning wrote:I want especially to congratulate Jmo for getting me to 180 on him D2.
Dawww :oops:
town: 15:13 Scum 4:4
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:11 pm

Post by Mina »

Goodbye.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”