Hearthstone- Heroes of Warcraft (Enter Your ID!)

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:04 pm

Post by AGar »

AGar#1708

Maybe I'll give this another shot sometime...
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #242 (isolation #1) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:38 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 241, xRECKONERx wrote:There's not a TON of depth but... there's a lot more than meets the eye.
I'm guessing that this develops as you get higher in ranked, because right now I'm playing low-level ranked with a Mage deck I cobbled together with free cards (Taunt OP) and absolutely wiping face just by being patient in my matches. I know I can grind out my opponents 9 times out of 10 as long as I don't get greedy.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #251 (isolation #2) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:17 pm

Post by AGar »

How is it consistently, Peg? I'm working on a budget deck (this one, specifically. I'm one the one epic short right now), but that's the eventual deck I'd like to start playing once I get the bajillion dusts I'll need with my luck.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #254 (isolation #3) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:59 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 252, pickemgenius wrote:
In post 251, AGar wrote:How is it consistently, Peg? I'm working on a budget deck (this one, specifically. I'm one the one epic short right now), but that's the eventual deck I'd like to start playing once I get the bajillion dusts I'll need with my luck.
It's pretty consistent really. There are games where you randomly burst for like a million turns 7-10, and if your draw is pretty shit then the individual card power is still pretty good. Of course if you draw mega shitty then nothing in the world can really help. i.e. if only I had drawn a swipe one of the 10 turns I could instantly win the game with a swipe, but that happens in all decks.
Cool, good to know. So far the free mage list seems pretty solid, I was on a nice little win streak when my internet decided to disconnect me right before I won another game >_>

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #258 (isolation #4) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:25 am

Post by AGar »

Play around with a few different classes to get an idea of which ones you like, then level that one up to 10 against the bots to get a feel for all of the cards and unlock the rest of the basic cards.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #263 (isolation #5) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:52 pm

Post by AGar »

h4x.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #264 (isolation #6) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:05 pm

Post by AGar »

Been piloting that mage deck. Had a good start, won 5 out of 6, lost the 1 match because my internet DCed just as I was about to swing for lethal >_>

Then tonight happened and I just went 1-5 and holy shit I got lolstomped in all but one match where a hunter topdecked an Unleash The Hounds to chance into lethal damage the turn before I would've hit him for lethal. But the other 4 games weren't even close. I got fucking hammered about in all of them, just hit bad draws, played too aggressively and generally just faced better decks.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #275 (isolation #7) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:20 am

Post by AGar »

In post 265, Uite wrote:
In post 263, AGar wrote:h4x.
Nah, I think I just massively outclassed a lot of newbies due to my M:tG experience. I got a run of 12 straight wins which took me all the way to rank 18 so I may have gotten a little cocky, but now I'm having
much
more trouble with my opponents. It seems my deck really isn't that amazing after all when playing against people who actually know how the game works ;)
Yeah I hit rank 15 then proceeded to repeatedly get my ass handed to me on a silver platter.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #277 (isolation #8) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:21 pm

Post by AGar »

So the fact that you can do things like play Doomguard or Soulfire without having cards to discard really annoys me.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #279 (isolation #9) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:44 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 278, xRECKONERx wrote:It's not a cost, it's an effect.
It's not a cost, I know. But they're effects that appear to be meant to counterbalance otherwise low mana costs for those cards.

Poor design, in my opinion, but I'm also half just pissed that I lost two very winnable games because a Lock was able to pull 4 damage for zero cost to finish me off.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #287 (isolation #10) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:42 am

Post by AGar »

That's really weird that the social stuff isn't connected...

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #292 (isolation #11) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:59 am

Post by AGar »

Hunter and Warlock are two decks that are guaranteed to make me go on tilt if I'm playing. Guh.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #301 (isolation #12) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:25 pm

Post by AGar »

I just played the jankiest fuckin' priest deck. Basically revolved around getting out Lightspawn and fucking blowing their health up to retarded levels. Where were my polymorphs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qfNR-ft7A4#t=0m2s

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #313 (isolation #13) » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:37 pm

Post by AGar »

Point of Brewmaster in this deck?
Get rid of Corehound.
How do you plan on winning with this deck? What's your goal?
What cards do you have?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #320 (isolation #14) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:06 am

Post by AGar »

Early game Harvest Golem frequently works out as a 2-for-1. You can trade it with a minion and then trade the Deathrattle golem for another if it falls right.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #327 (isolation #15) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:09 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 325, xRECKONERx wrote:Northshire Cleric x 2
Power Word: Shield x 2
Shadow Word: Pain x 2
Acidic Swamp Ooze x 2
Loot Hoarder x 2
Shadow Word: Death x 2
Earthen Ring Farseer x 2
Lightspawn x 2
Chillwind Yeti x 2
Holy Nova x 2
Fen Creeper x 2
Temple Enforcer x 2
Boulderfist Ogre x 2
Stormwind Champion x 1
Mind Control x 1
Hey look what I'm gonna be playing tonight to grind out 5 wins.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #330 (isolation #16) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:58 am

Post by AGar »

I've seen speculation of about 500-750 per wing so far.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #332 (isolation #17) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:04 am

Post by AGar »

The real money speculation was $7.50-$10, out of the same posts I had read. $7.50 seems about right to me. You're getting some really good cards out of it from the looks of things.

Also, that priest deck rolled to 5 easy wins in Casual. Dunno how it would do with Ranked, but I wasn't going to fuck my ladder ranking (which is already stalling right now anyway) for a few daily quests.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #334 (isolation #18) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:39 pm

Post by AGar »

Yeah I just run the Free Mage in ranked until I get what I need to round out the Druid Tokens deck. I'm working on about 4 different decks I'd ideally like to have as a rotation, so when I open packs up it's like Decklist Bingo on my desk.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #336 (isolation #19) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:56 pm

Post by AGar »

Are you running the Reynad Zoo list?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #338 (isolation #20) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:49 pm

Post by AGar »

This game can really set me on tilt sometimes >_>

Spoiler: Totally Off-the-Handle Rant, Probably irrational and completely illegitimate
Fuck Unleash the Hounds.

A 2 mana card that late in the game that can swing the game BECAUSE YOU HAVE ESTABLISHED FAVORABLE BOARD POSITION.

Oh, you've managed to keep their creature count down and have gotten some creatures out? LOL TOO BAD. ALL HE NEEDS TO DO IS PAIR UNLEASH THE HOUNDS WITH ONE OF THE HALF DOZEN OR SO MINIONS HE PROBABLY HAS THAT BOOSTS THEIR ATTACK AND YOU'RE FUCKED. TOOOOOO BAD. AND HE STILL HAS MANA TO SPARE BECAUSE LOL2MANA.

Fuck. That. Card.

Fuck. Hunters.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #345 (isolation #21) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:32 am

Post by AGar »

Going to be seeing how I fare in a number of weekly cups this week as long as I'm not working during them. Planning on doing 6 (Topdeck NA tonight, NESL Wednesday, ManaGrind Swiss Friday, Zotac and Managrind NAs on Saturday and NESL again on Sunday). Miiiiiight stream them with me swearing at my luck/making bad plays (with delay obv). But essentially going to see how I stack up in these environments even though I'm only 16/15 on ladder. But I have Huntard! And Druid Tokens, which should be fun at the very least.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #347 (isolation #22) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:31 am

Post by AGar »

It really does, not gonna lie. I more have it because it's just so viable in so many different matchups. Either you get an opponent who misplays the matchup, loads their board and you combo out UtH + Leeroy + a billion other broken cards, or you get an opponent playing around the combo and you can take advantage of that with just aggression, secrets and your Hero Power.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #349 (isolation #23) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:04 am

Post by AGar »

I haven't really played enough Priest to have a handle on how it would handle hunter, honestly.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #352 (isolation #24) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:37 am

Post by AGar »

T1, from what I follow, is some order of Warlock/Hunter/Druid/Warrior.
T2 is Rogue/Shaman.
T3 is Priest/Mage/Paladin.

Buuuut there's a good damn near free Mage deck that Reck linked to earlier that I've managed to hold serve with about a 55% win rate in Ranked and got up to as high as 15 (and the player who originally brewed it carried it to legendary). 11 commons (all but two of which are pretty much staples that will find homes in other decks), 4 rares and 1 epic. All told it costs 1240 dust, which is about as cheap as it gets for viable decks.

Reynad's Zoo list is fairly cheap (1480), no epics, but 10 rares but again uses some really staple cards. But it's a warlock deck so I'm not sure how much you'd want to actually run it.

Both do require you getting the class to higher levels to unlock some of the cards (Flamestrike @ 10 for mage, Soulfire @ 6 for Warlock).

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #354 (isolation #25) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:42 am

Post by AGar »

In post 350, Uite wrote:Well, Priest already favours high health minions, so they can soak up a bit of the UtH nonsense and heal afterwards. Holy Smite and Shadow Word: Pain can pick off most of the combo beasts before they really get going, as can Holy Nova when they've filled up the board. Judicious use of Northshire Cleric can give you a really nice card advantage, which you ARE going to need to keep yourself safe.

Beyond that, some high health taunt is good, especially if you can use it to protect Flesheating Ghouls while the hordes of weenies bash into you. It's definitely not a sure bet, but at least you've got a fighting chance.
Hunters Mark is your worst nightmare though. 0 Mana to make your big bad taunt 1 health. >_>

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #358 (isolation #26) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:25 am

Post by AGar »

Let's not encourage more Hunters and Warlocks in this meta >_>

I'm going to run Druid Tokens tonight. Not streaming because I decided to grind a couple dozen games and then dick around in LoL instead of setting up streaming stuff. Wednesday! Maybe.

Will keep posted, but only 42 in this tournament. I win $5 if I win. That's five whole dollars more than I've made in the past 59 days.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #361 (isolation #27) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:48 pm

Post by AGar »

Ended up dropping for dinner >_>

Wednesday doe.

Also, happy cake day peg.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #365 (isolation #28) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:23 pm

Post by AGar »

Link to a straw poll about what rank you finished for the April season.

Personally hit 15. Might have hit 14 if not for getting trolled by Battle.net tonight when I was on a win streak and getting DC'd for a loss. Played 118 games, went 60-58 (.508 win percentage) in games that I actually got to play. Had quite a few situations where either the internet or the client trolled me and DC'd me before the game even started.

Spoiler: Matchup Stats

Felt like I played so many more hunters. SO MANY MORE.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #368 (isolation #29) » Thu May 01, 2014 10:01 am

Post by AGar »

In post 366, xRECKONERx wrote:Did you track those stats yourself?
Yeah I keep a spreadsheet with overall stats and then deck by deck stats.

Moral of the threads I'm posting in lately is I love spreadsheets and numbers.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #370 (isolation #30) » Mon May 05, 2014 8:04 am

Post by AGar »

I'm used to seeing it similar to how the major american sports leagues do win % so I stuck with that...

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #373 (isolation #31) » Tue May 06, 2014 10:52 am

Post by AGar »

Not going to fix the problem. You can still go Buzzard+Alpha+Leeroy+Hunters+Mark in one turn.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #376 (isolation #32) » Tue May 06, 2014 5:04 pm

Post by AGar »

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #378 (isolation #33) » Tue May 06, 2014 8:04 pm

Post by AGar »

Yeah that's pretty much what I do and gawddammit.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #387 (isolation #34) » Fri May 09, 2014 8:03 am

Post by AGar »

I'll probably give it a test. The first version felt clunky at times, and this new adaptation keeps the cards that give certain removal a big ol' middle finger. It's still a dog vs Hunter, unfortunately. I might switch out the dwarfs for Yetis - sacrifice the burst to survive against Flamestrike is what I'm thinking.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #391 (isolation #35) » Sat May 10, 2014 8:10 am

Post by AGar »

It's supposed to give it more burst because in an aggro deck like zoo, you don't want to be playing 6 mana creatures that don't give you 6 damage for the most part. Most of the time my Commanders were targeted heavily after they came out, and while that's great for card advantage, I'm not really aiming for too much of that in an aggro deck, I just want to punch the opponent so many times that they die before they can stabilize their board and get something like an Ironbark out.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #393 (isolation #36) » Wed May 14, 2014 8:55 am

Post by AGar »

I honestly haven't played in two weeks. Kinda overdid it for a while (I was going on 20 game runs on a regular basis) so I've been detoxing from it.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #395 (isolation #37) » Wed May 14, 2014 3:49 pm

Post by AGar »

Name/battletag/etc?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #400 (isolation #38) » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:55 am

Post by AGar »

Man Druid Tokens is so fucking adaptable. It's fantastic.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #402 (isolation #39) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:39 pm

Post by AGar »

I'd prefer Tempo Rogue I think.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #405 (isolation #40) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:07 pm

Post by AGar »

I just go back and forth between playing a few matches and loving a deck or two and absolutely forgetting it exists. I don't know. *shrug*

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #409 (isolation #41) » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:19 pm

Post by AGar »

Murlocs is a legit deck, actually.

Cheesy as shit, but a deck.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #412 (isolation #42) » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:59 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 410, pickemgenius wrote:but in arena thats just stuuuuuuupid.
I didn't read entirely and therefore didn't see "arena" in his post.

Yah that's dumb.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #426 (isolation #43) » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:31 pm

Post by AGar »

I've seen screenshots of packs where the person got the same card 3 or 4 times in one pack.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #428 (isolation #44) » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:39 pm

Post by AGar »

12-0 is a perfect run?

I could see that deck ripping off 7-8 wins with little to no problems. 9+ is possible, but depends heavily on draws and shit.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #430 (isolation #45) » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:38 pm

Post by AGar »

Still a pretty sweet run. Bad draws can literally tank the shit out of a good deck, which is what frustrates me to no end about arena.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #435 (isolation #46) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:51 am

Post by AGar »

In post 434, pickemgenius wrote:That feel when a mage turn 6, 7 and 8 flamestrikes your board in arena and you still win.
Theee fuck were you playing?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #457 (isolation #47) » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:25 pm

Post by AGar »

Faceless is p good. I love getting that card in the perfect lategame draw.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #469 (isolation #48) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:12 pm

Post by AGar »

Yeah I'd be in for some sort of casual-esque league.

I'd also be interested (once people get fuller cardbases) in doing some kind of actual tournament amongst scummers without restrictions eventually.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #485 (isolation #49) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:36 am

Post by AGar »

Pie pretty much hit it on the head.

Thalnos is also a useful early legendary to craft, he finds slots in a lot of different decks.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #487 (isolation #50) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:25 am

Post by AGar »

When you crack a pack it'll say something like 'GOOOLDEN COMMON' in that awful accent. It'll have golden borders and there will be an animation for the picture instead of just "hey here's a picture"

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #492 (isolation #51) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:57 pm

Post by AGar »

Pretty much the same card in that particular situation.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #502 (isolation #52) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:36 pm

Post by AGar »

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWL.

E: Pie, the correct answer is 28 legendaries and 2 copies of Faceless.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #512 (isolation #53) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:28 pm

Post by AGar »

Same as Human Destoryer, Pie. I could help out running things.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #514 (isolation #54) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:10 pm

Post by AGar »

I just played a Hunter that played Defender of Argus in it's 30.

Needless to say I proceeded to tilt like a motherfucker.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #523 (isolation #55) » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:07 pm

Post by AGar »

Druid + Violet Teacher P GOOD.

Esurio, you should play Druid Tokens. You'd like that deck.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #534 (isolation #56) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:12 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 528, Juls wrote:You didn't want to try my idea of a points system?

I like the idea, but policing it becomes very difficult. I know we're running on an honor system anyways but it's a lot easier to spot "Holy shit, dude a Rag is a Rag is a Rag." than "I think you spend too many points on your deck this game but I don't remember every card I saw over 3 games."

Like Pie, I think we start at rares and lower for now and address how to tackle a points or dust system as things go on and see if it would be a viable alternative.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #537 (isolation #57) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:33 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 536, Juls wrote:
In post 534, AGar wrote:
In post 528, Juls wrote:You didn't want to try my idea of a points system?

I like the idea, but policing it becomes very difficult. I know we're running on an honor system anyways but it's a lot easier to spot "Holy shit, dude a Rag is a Rag is a Rag." than "I think you spend too many points on your deck this game but I don't remember every card I saw over 3 games."

Like Pie, I think we start at rares and lower for now and address how to tackle a points or dust system as things go on and see if it would be a viable alternative.

Yeah, that is something I think needs to be added to the game: some sort of log of a game. Like I always want to go back and analyze how my game went but I can't. That would help with a points system.

Absolutely. I manually track stats right now in a spreadsheet but having match histories or replays would be a fantastic tool both personally and for the purposes of running a league.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #539 (isolation #58) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:34 pm

Post by AGar »

Had an opening hand after mulliganing that consisted of {Druid of the Claw, Druid of the Claw, Innervate}.

Still won.

Druids, yo.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #545 (isolation #59) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:29 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 541, Glork wrote:So, on DEing cards you don't have 3 (or more) of....

I hear some people say to never do it, because collection and potential balance changes. Then I look at cards like Angry Chicken and realize they'll never be more than a dumb novelty thing that I don't care for.

Where would people draw the line as far as what to DE and what to keep? Given that I'm new and don't have any idea of the nerf/buff history of cards, or how frequently balance changes are made, I've not DE'd anything yet, but there are a few things I'd like to turn into something useful.

It's really entirely dependent on how much you are willing to sacrifice now to have to potentially gain another card later.

When I started out, I picked a few decks I seemed to like the concept of (read the lists, watched videos, etc) and made a list of all the cards I needed for them and if I didn't need a card, I DE'd it. I even DE'd my first legendary (Gruul or something - a card I will very likely not play any time soon and have not missed) because it was worth a ton of other cards I needed, and it wasn't on any of the 3 or 4 lists I had made up of what I actually wanted to be playing.

In post 540, InflatablePie wrote:
In post 535, xRECKONERx wrote:Should win dust to put more stuff in over time

the biggest problem with 'winning' dust, is that it fucks over anyone who doesn't do well in the first week or two and then leaves them at the bottom.

if anything, giving extra dust limits to the lower 50% would make it more 'balanced'/swingy but I'm still not sure if I like the idea :s

I didn't think about it this way, hmmm.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #554 (isolation #60) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:00 pm

Post by AGar »

This is what happens when HD and I play and HD makes a deck of all legendaries and I use RANDUIN and then we let the game go on way longer than it should.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #556 (isolation #61) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:13 pm

Post by AGar »

That entire series of games was hysterical.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #559 (isolation #62) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:07 pm

Post by AGar »

330 gold and 210 dust... yeah that's not a great prize for a 12-win run. But still god damn impressive dude.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #571 (isolation #63) » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:11 am

Post by AGar »

Well that's just rude.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #593 (isolation #64) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:29 pm

Post by AGar »

Holy slow.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #595 (isolation #65) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:04 pm

Post by AGar »

Yeah the lag is pretty terrible.

But Maexxna sooo woop?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #599 (isolation #66) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:42 pm

Post by AGar »

Yeah I didn't read her hero ability and started doing some fun card draw (thank god I wasn't playing Miracle Rogue!) and then "Holy shit WTF why am I taking 9 damage?!?!"

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #616 (isolation #67) » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:13 am

Post by AGar »

And that is why arena is dumb.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #634 (isolation #68) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:29 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 632, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:I hate the damn priest decks that run double divine spirit.

Like, 20/20 lightspawn.

Nearly outraced it with sunfury/defender of argus but yeah, fell slightly short.

Lightspawn is fun, especially in gimmicky priest decks.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #649 (isolation #69) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:23 am

Post by AGar »

They're just value/tempo cards.

Elementals are going to be tough to take out and freeze on contact. That gives you a turn of tempo at minimum. Depending on when you get them you can stop certain decks dead in their tracks (any heavy weapon decks are going to get fucked by that card). And it's usually going to take at least two swings to whittle it down.

Azure Drake is pure card draw with a bonus that if you hit a fireball or something the next turn, it's going to be a bit beefier. And again, 4/4 bodies are not terrible. They don't trade evenly with a lot but they still require attention that could otherwise be in your face.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #691 (isolation #70) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:22 pm

Post by AGar »

It is indeed!

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #751 (isolation #71) » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:20 am

Post by AGar »

In post 749, xRECKONERx wrote:Guys, I made Miracle Druid. It is fucking AMAZING to play. I haven't had this much fun playing Hearthstone since I started playing.

You find all of the fun decks.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #788 (isolation #72) » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:34 pm

Post by AGar »

That's what we call a dumb boardstate.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #800 (isolation #73) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:45 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 797, Glork wrote:Leeroy Jenkins -> double Shadowstep is legitimately the dumbest thing ever.

Blade Flurry makes it dumber.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #808 (isolation #74) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:40 am

Post by AGar »

Leeroy > Cairne > Sylvanas

I literally use Leeroy in about 80% of decks I run just because he's that good.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #871 (isolation #75) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:26 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 868, Glork wrote:Ugh. What do you do when your arena draft gives you literally 12 choices that are:
5/6-drop
5/6-drop
unplayable garbage like Wisp.

I DIE BEFORE I CAN PLAY ANYTHING BECAUSE NEARLY HALF MY DECK COSTS 5+.

The first rule of arena is you don't play arena.
The second rule of arena is you don't. play. arena.
The third rule is mage.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #877 (isolation #76) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:41 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 875, implosion wrote:So, would you say you disenchanted that duplicate Baron Geddon...

*beat*

...For Doomhammer?

:sad:

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #886 (isolation #77) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:28 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 884, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 871, AGar wrote:The first rule of arena is you don't play arena.
The second rule of arena is you don't. play. arena.
The third rule is mage.

Disagree?

Arena is excellent if you know what you are doing.

And mage is pretty weak in it ime.

Arena is dumb. It's a half-assed limited format that is pointless because it's not really a format and instead RNG. Anytime you completely disregard the rules you've set for deckbuilding (more than 2x of a card allowed in arena), you're doing something wrong.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #988 (isolation #78) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:05 pm

Post by AGar »

UTH also combos pretty well with Hyena, just for people forgetting that card exists. Having board-clearish ability and then also a giant fucking minion standing at the end is p good.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2095 (isolation #79) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:16 pm

Post by AGar »

Well so far Deathlord Hunter has been a total 50/50. But I got to animation freeze a player out of properly attacking, and then went Deathlord -> Knife Juggler -> Snake Trap -> Snake Trap getting triggered (insert animation freezing the guy out of attacking here) -> Unleash -> suiciding Haunted Spectral against a Zoolock, so that was fantastic.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2123 (isolation #80) » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:50 pm

Post by AGar »

Varian seems better than Aviana in terms of a finisher. Wrynn gets you 0-3 cards out onto the board that turn, can attack with Varian the next turn. That's putting up to 4 threats they have to deal with onto the board, regardless of CIH. Aviana gives you maximum 1 extra creature that turn, assuming you have it in hand.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2125 (isolation #81) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:59 pm

Post by AGar »

I like its possibilities in Control Warrior, I am really stoked to see how it plays out.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2127 (isolation #82) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:19 pm

Post by AGar »

Yeah, I'm not sure what you're cutting, but I just feel it's going to work it's way in there somehow.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3176 (isolation #83) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:46 am

Post by AGar »

Haven't played since August really and want to start again, have some money for this - are there any must-have cards in the most recent adventure or am I safe not buying it for now and spending my money elsewhere?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3275 (isolation #84) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:29 pm

Post by AGar »

Dat curve, yo.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3503 (isolation #85) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:34 pm

Post by AGar »

Dumb Brawl decks for 400, please...

Spoiler:

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3510 (isolation #86) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:44 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 3504, PJ. wrote:Used Agar's deck. Took 3 tries. Barely lost a race in the first one. Got blown out by a similar but better priest. Lost to weird tempo mage. Then I went up against another weird priest. Turn 4 lightspawn into turn 5 20/20 lightspawn is a hell of a lot of fun.

I went 4-1, but I think I hit some poorly constructed decks, because I hit a lot of decks where I did work with my Shadowboxer in the run. The one deck I lost to was a mage deck that absolutely wrecked me and just nullified everything I tried to do.

Return to “The Arcade”