Newbie 1428 Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:42 am

Post by pieguyn »

yeah... you're probably right :oops:
maybe I'm just paranoid that if I'm so bad that I can't see key information that could cause me to read someone as obvtown, when it's so obvious that he's mad that I can't see it, that I won't be able to get better = =
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:43 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 799, GuyInFreezer wrote:Oh also one more thing.
When you have a confirmed scum, always lynch him first.
^
This.

Which is why I wanted to get aptil lynched, grimgroove's biggest mistake was leaving pieguy alive to defend me :P

P-Edit: Paranoia is one thing, continue playing here at MS and you'll see that you'll improve, for now you can join another newbie game as newbie (as well as replace into other ones), and start improving in that aspect.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Ravenpaw
Ravenpaw
Goon
Ravenpaw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:52 am

Post by Ravenpaw »

@Pie- I get what you're saying in regards to looking out for opportunistic pushes on Cheery, my main issue with it I guess was if you were killed night 2 instead of Cheery then no one would've had any clue that you'd had a clear on Cheery. Just something to remember if you're ever cop again- never vote confirmed town.

As NS said, don't beat yourself up too much, we all make mistakes, especially when new, it's all part of this crazy ride that is playing mafia games.
For the record, you weren't terrible, you came across as obvious town in your posts which is what you want to be doing, plus (and this is the best part of your play) you managed to live to day 3 as the cop, which is an awesome feat.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:56 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 799, GuyInFreezer wrote:Oh also one more thing.
When you have a confirmed scum, always lynch him first.
I felt it was better to keep as much topwn palyers around as possible. I think it's more difficult for two scum to influence two town players than for one scum to influence one.

I did count on BigTerp to read me as town though, in turn convincing pieguyn I'm town as well. Sadly, it worked the other way around.

Not a big difference in the end, if it's what pieguyn decided now, it's what he'd have decided in the next stage as well. Same for BigTerp. As a VT I had only my dayposts to speak for me, and I gave it all I got during Day 3.

The only difference is that scum now got a perfect win despite town knowing of a confscum, but that doesn't matter in my wiki-overview.

Got to admit the lynch stings as hell though. Bah.
"What truffles are to pigs so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity." - Frasier
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:08 am

Post by pieguyn »

For the record, you weren't terrible, you came across as obvious town in your posts which is what you want to be doing, plus (and this is the best part of your play) you managed to live to day 3 as the cop, which is an awesome feat.
:oops:
tho it doesn't matter if when I finally get a correct scumread on someone I end up changing it to a townread by then

plz don't get too mad at me Grimgroove T_T srsly I feel so bad at fking this up. I don't want the bond we had ever since the first page to be broken. :wink:
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:09 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

If you tell people you've never been lynched, they want to do it all the more.

Which means I've surprised I haven't died in any scum games yet.

----------------------
If you know who the last fight is going to be between, whether town allows another day doesn't actually matter when the loss is highly likely anyway.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:34 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 804, pieguyn wrote:
:oops:
tho it doesn't matter if when I finally get a correct scumread on someone I end up changing it to a townread by then

plz don't get too mad at me Grimgroove T_T srsly I feel so bad at fking this up. I don't want the bond we had ever since the first page to be broken. :wink:
I'm not angry :) Honest mistake.
My anger was limited during the course of the game, due to frustration of not being believed.
Now that it can't be changed anymore I've made my peace with the situation, and with you.

And hey, for all that bonding, me being the first to vote you, you being the first to vote me, you can also add you being the first to hammer me on that list :mrgreen:
"What truffles are to pigs so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity." - Frasier
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:37 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

While I did think about it when I sat it happen the wrong way around (though I didn't beforehand, otherwise o might have made comment on day 2)
When mass claiming, the order should start with the actions of already claimed people, and their
reasons
for making that choice.

You'll more in the scum qt, sakura wanted the ready out first - and we shouldn't be giving people that provide on possible fake claims.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:42 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 807, Cheery Dog wrote:You'll more in the scum qt, sakura wanted the ready out first - and we shouldn't be giving people that provide on possible fake claims.
Pretty much yeah, If pieguy hadn't outed himself as cop I would have maybe said I was 1 shot BP fakeclaiming doctor to draw a night kill, that was always another option until I noticed the cop claim.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Viera Assassin
Viera Assassin
Goon
Viera Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:40 pm

Post by Viera Assassin »

sakura i am never letting you get a free town pass again
Where is my Petalchaser?
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:43 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 809, Viera Assassin wrote:sakura i am never letting you get a free town pass again
So says the person that had a SUPER STRONG TOWN READ on me and a SUPER STRONG SCUM READ on Cheery, and said his reads were 100% accurate.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:53 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 806, Grimgroove wrote:I'm not angry :) Honest mistake.
My anger was limited during the course of the game, due to frustration of not being believed.
Now that it can't be changed anymore I've made my peace with the situation, and with you.

And hey, for all that bonding, me being the first to vote you, you being the first to vote me, you can also add you being the first to hammer me on that list :mrgreen:
:D

it seems we're already playing again. hopefully I'll earn my redemption from this game :>
inb4we're on opposite sides
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:24 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Don't talk about ongoing games.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:10 pm

Post by pieguyn »

dw it hasn't started yet so it's not an ongoing game :3
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:35 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Okay, just be careful.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:04 pm

Post by Mina »

Goodbye.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”