Newbie 1428 Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:52 am

Post by pieguyn »

yeah but fking wifom

this shit is why I usually wanna lynch everyone who contradicts themselves. FUCK

ok I just looked at the dead chat. Ravenpaw you're too good

Grim/Ravenpaw/Sakura we should all play again w
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Fun fact: I was reading Day Three with the scumteam of Sakura/Grim in mind. When I went to do the flip, BOY WAS I SURPRISED.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:20 am

Post by BigTerp »

Shit!! Good game scum. Thanks for the game Nobody special!!

I was really starting to get a feeling that Sakura was fake claiming the doctor role after she wasn't NK'd night 2 and especially after the roleblocker crap. But my horrible misread on Grim from day 2 sealed the deal on that. Plus Sakura picked the perfect fake claim, and without any conterclaims I just couldn't convince myself she wasn't the doctor.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:23 am

Post by Grimgroove »

I really wonder where that scumread on me came from. It has never beene xplained by anyone as far as I can recall.
"What truffles are to pigs so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity." - Frasier
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:25 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

From the Dead QT seems like Cheery was scumreading you too.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:29 am

Post by Grimgroove »

Even the moderator was scumreading me.
"What truffles are to pigs so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity." - Frasier
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:31 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

What I wanted the town to do was to push a townread on me rather than a scumread on you. Because as long as the town townread me the other 2 would be auto-scum for them.

Also you can see that my Doc claim did have some planning ahead in the scum QT.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:49 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Also I guess I get the honors of being the first to mislynch grimgroove :P
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:55 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

I bet Cabd was reading this game.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:08 am

Post by T S O »

GIF, exactly.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:44 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Oh and for anyone wondering why I kept acting after grim was lynched, I'm used to continue acting even after it's supposedly already win, in case I don't see a fake hammer or stuff like this
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:42 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

I knew I should have just gone with your big terp protection being crap when you came out with it as a claim.

I never got around to reading your game, but the actual skim through led me to believe it was somehow possible.

I wasn't expecting to die on the assumption that scum would have liked me to keep my scumread of BigTerp going into lylo.
(it wouldn't have, I'd picked up on his V/LA announcement as a solid VT tell. - and I was fairly sure he wasn't actually going to get lynched) If going v/la during night, would be better to say it anyway, not just on a deadline extension that meant it was now during day.

With the final vote for day 2 I decided it was probably better to get rid of the useless rather than the possibly useful.

In the dead thread, I mostly just wanted a roleblocker to exist, since I haven't had one in any newbies with this eep yet.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:59 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 783, Sakura Hana wrote:I bet Cabd was reading this game.
Maybe I was, maybe I wasn't?
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:01 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

You obviously were, otherwise you wouldn't have been here to reply.
aptil
aptil
Mafia Scum
aptil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:53 pm

Post by aptil »

Sakura did hint me to claim cop or tracker but i thought claiming VT was a better idea and going against Grim with Terp and Pie feeling he should be voted out before me was the way to go .
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:03 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

While instead, it got you confirmed as scum because it cleared pieguy as 100% town.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
aptil
aptil
Mafia Scum
aptil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:08 pm

Post by aptil »

Yes. It was risky . It was ALL-IN or nothing today .
Ravenpaw
Ravenpaw
Goon
Ravenpaw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:10 pm

Post by Ravenpaw »

Well done scumteam.
In post 775, pieguyn wrote:yeah but fking wifom

this shit is why I usually wanna lynch everyone who contradicts themselves. FUCK

ok I just looked at the dead chat. Ravenpaw you're too good

Grim/Ravenpaw/Sakura we should all play again w
Yes!
Pie, btw, your cop play here was very odd. Why did you vote and throw suspicion onto Cheery day 2 when you had an innocent on him? Also, I don't agree with your concept of investigating those you thought were town, a better idea would've been going for your null and scum reads. Strong town looking people are unlikely to be mislynched so you don't need to worry about them.
Just my thoughts on that.
In post 785, Sakura Hana wrote:Oh and for anyone wondering why I kept acting after grim was lynched, I'm used to continue acting even after it's supposedly already win, in case I don't see a fake hammer or stuff like this
Meh, I kind of agree with Grim here, but I'm probably just a bit bitter as I've been massively trolled after a hammer. Why not just refrain from posting at all when twilight hits?
That's what I do anyway. It's far too easy to troll (and slightly cruel), in my opinion.

@Grim- gah, I really felt for you in lylo, it’s so frustrating when you know who scum is and town won’t listen.
I don't think you did anything obviously scummy, but instead you just ran into bad luck with getting town to listen to you. I mean, if Big or Pie had actually gone back to re-read the thread they would’ve seen Derivian’s push on you day 1, which hello, didn’t read as a bus at all. (Your posts in lylo also bled townieness if that’s any consolation).

Oh and I’m sorry about my tunnel vision during this game guys, especially to you VA, but Banksy seriously triggered all of the radars on my scumdar that there was no way I could stop scum reading your slot.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:24 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Btw, yes I killed you N1 because I thought you'd probably be able to pick up on my scumplay and I knew you'd easily be able to get activity into the thread and get me lynched D2, the Cheery kill wasnt something I planned i would've preferred to shoot pieguy (I already thought he was the cop/tracker due to his reaction to my fakeclaim), but cheery was also another obstacle for me, if I had know he'd have pushed grimgroove, pieguy would've been NK'd N2. Mnemonic lynch was something i managed to pull out of nowhere coz he was lurking, it would have been interesting if he had flipped PR.

Overall tho, with a Wolf i never talked with, Derivan who did nothing, and aptil who bus'd + confirmed himself as scum... I'm surprised I managed to pull that out, if I got lucky it wasn't on the claim, but because pieguy knew my town meta, and as I said, I was emulating my town meta.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Ravenpaw
Ravenpaw
Goon
Ravenpaw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:57 pm

Post by Ravenpaw »

In post 793, Sakura Hana wrote:Btw, yes I killed you N1 because I thought you'd probably be able to pick up on my scumplay and I knew you'd easily be able to get activity into the thread and get me lynched D2, the Cheery kill wasnt something I planned i would've preferred to shoot pieguy (I already thought he was the cop/tracker due to his reaction to my fakeclaim), but cheery was also another obstacle for me, if I had know he'd have pushed grimgroove, pieguy would've been NK'd N2. Mnemonic lynch was something i managed to pull out of nowhere coz he was lurking, it would have been interesting if he had flipped PR.
I hated seeing that Mnemonic lynch as Dyslexi's posts were obv.town, lol.
As frustrating as it was seeing this town get destroyed from the graveyard, I was happy to be put out of commission early and I always take it as a compliment when I’m shot night 1, so thank you Sakura.
Overall tho, with a Wolf i never talked with, Derivan who did nothing, and aptil who bus'd + confirmed himself as scum... I'm surprised I managed to pull that out, if I got lucky it wasn't on the claim, but because pieguy knew my town meta, and as I said, I was emulating my town meta.
It’s always tricky to replace into a scum slot that’s heavily suspected but you pulled it off so you have my kudos. I think what you did really well was making your posts seem natural and not thought about. That’s something I struggle with when scum, I spend too long writing and rewriting my posts in order to avoid any scumslips.
Some times you just gotta make posts that contradict ;)
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:00 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Ehh I think I mentioned this earlier but i contradict myself as either alignment anyway :P but god what i said in scum QT is true, i've replaced into a newbie 4 times and 3 out of those 4 including this have been into scum slot, im like "woot"
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:04 am

Post by pieguyn »

Ravenpaw wrote:Pie, btw, your cop play here was very odd. Why did you vote and throw suspicion onto Cheery day 2 when you had an innocent on him? Also, I don't agree with your concept of investigating those you thought were town, a better idea would've been going for your null and scum reads. Strong town looking people are unlikely to be mislynched so you don't need to worry about them.
Just my thoughts on that.
1. I was trying to look out for opportunistic play. if I got a guilty I'd instead make a legitimate case and see who defends the person. but I didn't see anything due to all the inactivity.. mb I'm just too bad to see it

2. oh I was investigating my null reads, that's what I meant with people who "had a good chance to be town". I figured my scum reads would get proven as scum or not either way..
FUCK if I had just fking investigated Sakura on N1 instead (which I almost did) we wouldn't have had this whole fking problem.

fuck I always mess up like this = = give cop to a better player next time, I'm not good enough to use PRs effectively..

*cries in corner*
this really was all my fault, plz forgive me T_T//
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:12 am

Post by pieguyn »

Ravenpaw wrote:I mean, if Big or Pie had actually gone back to re-read the thread they would’ve seen Derivian’s push on you day 1, which hello, didn’t read as a bus at all.
aaaaaaa I did but all I could even see from D1 was the whole thing with you and Banksys and how people were reacting to that T_T
fuck I'm so terrible. someone help me plz T_T
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:26 am

Post by Nobody Special »

In post 796, pieguyn wrote:

fuck I always mess up like this = = give cop to a better player next time, I'm not good enough to use PRs effectively..
A) Roles are randomly assigned, so no.

B) If you don't play the role, you won't learn the role. Stop beating yourself up, and just do better next time.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:39 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Oh also one more thing.
When you have a confirmed scum, always lynch him first.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”