Newbie 1428 Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Viera Assassin
Viera Assassin
Goon
Viera Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:55 pm

Post by Viera Assassin »

In post 287, Dyslexicon wrote:I is so curious, you have to tell me! Plzzzzztztzt! <3
Visit site chat once in a while.
In post 288, Grimgroove wrote:You are mistaking.
Nope. That is clearly what your ISO says.
In post 288, Grimgroove wrote:Interesting. I find certainty in these matters always a tiny bit suspicious.
I am certain since one of them is confirmed town to me and I don't have doubts about the other being town.
In post 288, Grimgroove wrote:I will try to make the most of my day of respite. I thank you for your kindness!
That WIFOM-storm, yeah?
In post 289, Cheery Dog wrote:So it's how Jake plays instead?
Jake?
You'll have to elaborate.
In post 289, Cheery Dog wrote:I believe I identified it at one point as possibly bussing, I don't have town reads on either of these slots, so there's no way I'm meant to know it's "town vs town" as you so claim. I may be inexperience challenged, but that doesn't mean I'm able to have pinpoint reads on people.
._.
I really don't see you not being able to see that as a TvT.
In post 289, Cheery Dog wrote:He has a town read on your slot and a scum read on the other one that was invovled?
How is this a full support of a TvT continuing?
He was egging it on by taking a side.
Not exactly continuing, but pushing TvS on a TvT.
That is p much scum motivated, I cannot see a situation where town would do that.
In post 290, pieguyn wrote:no stance = town, then
It reads to me as transparent newbtown, or a risky scum gambit.
I am willing to believe the former due to the timing (early game) and the nature of this game (newbie).
In post 290, pieguyn wrote:no stance = scum? and that quote wasn't even from Banksys vs. Ravenpaw, it was asking about Ravenpaw and Dyslexicon 0.0 it was after Banksys replaced but before the whole thing even started.
Elaborate on this, I don't see how that comment was addressing Ravenpaw and dizzy and how it was after Banksys replaced out.
In post 295, Sakura Hana wrote:That's why I interacted with VA after replacing in, and I'd be willing to put him as town if he wasn't so hard to read for me (he has fooled me when he's scum already).
That is a rather bland excuse. I'm not even playing similarly.
In post 296, Cheery Dog wrote:and if it's something to do with the main of Viera, then I shall just laugh at you. (I'm aware of who is behind the account)
I'd probably say something about this but then again, that's the reputation I built for myself and that I have to deal with.
In post 298, Cheery Dog wrote:and no you're still no getting any form of reads list other than what you can pick up from my posts.
She's not asking for a readslist, she's asking for top two scumreads.
Where is my Petalchaser?
Ravenpaw
Ravenpaw
Goon
Ravenpaw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:58 pm

Post by Ravenpaw »

Given that Michael hasn't posted since his prod he's probably flaked so hopefully we'll get a bit more time for the replacement to catch up.

I still want VA lynched today because he is scum.
I would be willing to join the Sakura wagon if his wagon doesn't pick up in time.
With VA leading the crusade against Cheery I'm wary of having anything to do with that wagon, unless of course VA is bussing...Are you VA? Is Cheery your buddy?
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:58 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

No, he's not town to me, He's Null because I can't read him worth anything, which is why I wanted to ask for someone else's opinion. He's already fooled me as scum twice and there was one time where I read him as scum when he was town, so it makes me very paranoid of him.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:00 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Bah
Unvote

Idk anymore =/
But I really shouldn't be sheeping someone's reasons when they've fooled me twice before.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Ravenpaw
Ravenpaw
Goon
Ravenpaw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:02 pm

Post by Ravenpaw »

In post 302, Sakura Hana wrote:No, he's not town to me, He's Null because I can't read him worth anything, which is why I wanted to ask for someone else's opinion. He's already fooled me as scum twice and there was one time where I read him as scum when he was town, so it makes me very paranoid of him.
Here you said something different:
In post 268, Sakura Hana wrote:Fine, I don't think you're fabricating those posts, you can go into the town bloc.
Ravenpaw
Ravenpaw
Goon
Ravenpaw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:02 pm

Post by Ravenpaw »

In post 290, pieguyn wrote:I'm just wondering
Viera wrote:Openly admitting to having no stance/struggling seems like a town move, or a bold one for scum.
no stance = town, then
Viera wrote:
In post 94, Cheery Dog wrote:I haven't had any really, which is fail on my part, but nothing has triggered me either way (which is how they've mostly be ignored so far)
CD
NO
CD
why
Yer supposed to stop the TvT
YOU, OF ALL PEOPLE
no stance = scum? and that quote wasn't even from Banksys vs. Ravenpaw, it was asking about Ravenpaw and Dyslexicon 0.0 it was after Banksys replaced but before the whole thing even started.
Cheery Dog wrote:I believe I identified it at one point as possibly bussing, I don't have town reads on either of these slots, so there's no way I'm meant to know it's "town vs town" as you so claim. I may be inexperience challenged, but that doesn't mean I'm able to have pinpoint reads on people.
my god then he defended against it

I'll post more later when I've woken up = =
This is good townie posting by the way, never lynch Pie.
Viera Assassin
Viera Assassin
Goon
Viera Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:03 pm

Post by Viera Assassin »

In post 299, Ravenpaw wrote:Indeed, I was just a bit surprised someone recognised it.
:3 I read a few of the books.
In post 299, Ravenpaw wrote:You believe Banksy replaced out because she couldn't handle the 1v1?
Yes. Not very responsible of her, but yes.
In post 299, Ravenpaw wrote:Also, VA, how do you justify Banksy's blatant misrep of me in post #119 when she said I left my vote on Big for a long time to come, when anyone actually reading the thread can see this is obviously incorrect?
In post 253, Viera Assassin wrote:taking everything another player says and yelling "SCUM SCUM SCUM"
In a word, "confbias."
In post 299, Ravenpaw wrote:Ah VA, I feel like you're trying to be manipulate me here by waving the oh so tempting idea of Grimscum in front of my face. It's far too easy to jump on his actions as scummy, especially from my pov when all he has done is basically tunnel me all game.
Where's the town motivations behind tunneling you?
I don't really see any, when you've probably proved yourself more than once to be town.
I don't see how I'm manipulating you by waving Grimscum in front of your face, I'm asking everyone to see {CD, Grim} scumteam so we can win.
the confbias is creeping into your posts already, Ravenpaw. Stahp that.
In post 299, Ravenpaw wrote:VA I am certain you are scum, and my analysis of Grim and your slot's interactions with him don't look like buddies to me (anymore).
Hang on on the confbias, though.
What do you think of Sakura's interactions with me, then?
Where is my Petalchaser?
Viera Assassin
Viera Assassin
Goon
Viera Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:07 pm

Post by Viera Assassin »

In post 301, Ravenpaw wrote:I still want VA lynched today because he is scum.
I would be willing to join the Sakura wagon if his wagon doesn't pick up in time.
With VA leading the crusade against Cheery I'm wary of having anything to do with that wagon, unless of course VA is bussing...Are you VA? Is Cheery your buddy?
Viera Assassin is an alt account.
Will my flip cause you to change your mind in regards to Sakura, Cheery, and Grimgroove?
In post 303, Sakura Hana wrote:But I really shouldn't be sheeping someone's reasons when they've fooled me twice before.
That's a shitty reason.
Where is my Petalchaser?
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:10 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

VA: Stop trying to make me to sheep you, it's giving me a headache because i dont know if you're trying to appeal to me or your reads have really actually become accurate now.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:17 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 304, Ravenpaw wrote:
In post 302, Sakura Hana wrote:No, he's not town to me, He's Null because I can't read him worth anything, which is why I wanted to ask for someone else's opinion. He's already fooled me as scum twice and there was one time where I read him as scum when he was town, so it makes me very paranoid of him.
Here you said something different:
In post 268, Sakura Hana wrote:Fine, I don't think you're fabricating those posts, you can go into the town bloc.
I admit I did put him into my townbloc before, but he has played at least 6 games with me now, and it's making me paranoid because of how forceful he seems to want me to believe his reads with all his "my playstyle is different now" and all that, look how he said my reason for unvoting cheery was shitty... and maybe it probably was, but he seems more interested in getting me to vote cheery.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Viera Assassin
Viera Assassin
Goon
Viera Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:26 pm

Post by Viera Assassin »

In post 273, Ravenpaw wrote:
These questions are too general.
Like I'd bother. that's just me, most other players will if you ask nicely
How are Big’s questions too general? And why not answer them?
Questions were TL;DR "give me a readslist and thoughts on your predecessor"
I did exactly that in my catchup post.
In post 308, Sakura Hana wrote:your reads have really actually become accurate now.
100%

I'll make everyone but the scumteam sheep me.
Where is my Petalchaser?
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:28 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Who the heck has 100% accurate reads on D1?
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Viera Assassin
Viera Assassin
Goon
Viera Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:28 pm

Post by Viera Assassin »

I do admit I've probably destroyed your confidence in your ability to read me in previous games.
:3

PEDIT:
Me.
Where is my Petalchaser?
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:29 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 312, Viera Assassin wrote:PEDIT:
Me.
Wrong answer

Vote: Viera Assassin
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Viera Assassin
Viera Assassin
Goon
Viera Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:31 pm

Post by Viera Assassin »

In post 311, Sakura Hana wrote:Who the heck has 100% accurate reads on D1?
...was the wrong question.
Where is my Petalchaser?
Viera Assassin
Viera Assassin
Goon
Viera Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:32 pm

Post by Viera Assassin »

inb4 "Scum knows alignments so they can have 100% accurate reads" scumslip

really, sakura
really?
Where is my Petalchaser?
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:33 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Nope, only scum know 100% someone's alignment on D1, after that if there are cops then they can know someone's alignment 100% too. For everyone else i dont think everyone is even past 90% certain someone's scum unless CCs or something.

P-Edit: Pretty much.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:58 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 300, Viera Assassin wrote: ._.
I really don't see you not being able to see that as a TvT.
and what makes you think I can identify TvTs?
Unless you have more hidden alts I don't know about, you've only played with me the once. (plus the games I modded)
Well maybe if I'm able to identify one member as town, it can happen, but I hadn't done that. (though ravenpaw has started going that direction)
In post 300, Viera Assassin wrote:
In post 289, Cheery Dog wrote:He has a town read on your slot and a scum read on the other one that was invovled?
How is this a full support of a TvT continuing?
He was egging it on by taking a side.
Not exactly continuing, but pushing TvS on a TvT.
That is p much scum motivated, I cannot see a situation where town would do that.
Where they have that stance on the people concerned? Egging both sides maybe, but just one side doesn't mean crap about it - he was wanting one of them lynched, and with what I see of his reads, he wouldn't have been going after your slot at the start of next day should raven flip town.
I'm considering Grimm as possible scum (yes the RVS posts still effect my reads), but when you're attacking him on faulty lines, it's not going to happen.
In post 298, Cheery Dog wrote:and no you're still no getting any form of reads list other than what you can pick up from my posts.
She's not asking for a readslist, she's asking for top two scumreads.
Which is a form of readslist and I'm not going down that path.
Needless to say, my vote is still on BigTerp, and it's not currently moving.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:54 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 311, Sakura Hana wrote:Who the heck has 100% accurate reads on D1?
lol, why aren't you lynched yet?
"What truffles are to pigs so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity." - Frasier
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:54 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 305, Ravenpaw wrote:never lynch Pie.
Word!
"What truffles are to pigs so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity." - Frasier
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:02 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 288, Grimgroove wrote:You are mistaking.
Nope. That is clearly what your ISO says.
Please refrain from lying.
In post 288, Grimgroove wrote:Interesting. I find certainty in these matters always a tiny bit suspicious.
I am certain since one of them is confirmed town to me and I don't have doubts about the other being town.
Let's move the obvious away out of that sentence since that's talking about your slot and goes without saying, so shouldn't have been said:
I am certain since I don't have doubts about the other being town.
Helpful.
In post 288, Grimgroove wrote:I will try to make the most of my day of respite. I thank you for your kindness!
That WIFOM-storm, yeah?
What the hell are you talking about?

My vote on Sakura Hana will remain. Two person in the same slot looking equally scummy on D1, I don't see what more we could want.

Not too fond of Cheery Dog, my gut doesn't agree with him, but thank you for helping clear away the bullshit in Viera's cases.

Don't know what to think of Ravenpaw. Her backing off of me rubbed me the right way, shows flexibility in opinions that is more frequent in townies.

BigTerp, liked him somewhere around the middle but kind of forgetting about him.

Pieguyn obvtowning for our benefit. Dyslexicon looks town to me too.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:09 pm

Post by pieguyn »

wow it turned out this newbie game only had like 2 newbies and 7 people with experience. is that supposed to happen 0.0
Viera wrote:Elaborate on this, I don't see how that comment was addressing Ravenpaw and dizzy and how it was after Banksys replaced out.
oh sorry for confusion LOL
for some reason I was thinking Banksys replaced someone since she didn't post for a while near the start of D1, then someone replaced her. > < Anyway, I meant it was after she started seriously posting again

anyway, here's the entire post verbatim
In post 94, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 82, Banksys Flareon wrote:@CheeryDog: I would love to hear your most recent opinions on Ravenpaw and Dyslexicon
I haven't had any really, which is fail on my part, but nothing has triggered me either way (which is how they've mostly be ignored so far)
In post 90, Ravenpaw wrote: @Cheery- what are your thoughts on Big's recent posts?
had some town feeling towards it, otherwise I'm still leaning scum.

Fixed tag. ~~NS
the line you quoted is a response to Banksys asking about Ravenpaw and Dys. It has nothing to do with Ravenpaw vs. Banksys at all
Sakura wrote:For me: Cheery and Grimgroove, yes I agree with VA's reasons on that
wow it's hilarious how much you agree with your predecessor
it's almost like he had a plan as mafia, and oh great, now that you replaced into a mafia slot, you have no choice what to continue what he did before

just ISO'ed Cheery cause I was suspicious of how he defended against false reasoning and found out this
In post 45, Cheery Dog wrote:You're asking about vote changes and then just practically random voting elsewhere and changing the vote yourself. Which as a whole is a bit contradictory in that you want reasons, and then settling yourself for having completing wagons. (which more useful than no wagons, mostly just focuses players in certain directions)

Overall, I call an opportistic stance, and my own vote to move.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: BigTerp
this was his vote that he's still pushing at this point and it was like forever ago. Cheery Dog, what are your opinions on everything that BigTerp did since then? and what do you think about various people pushing him as obvtown?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:11 pm

Post by pieguyn »

Grimgroove wrote:My vote on Sakura Hana will remain. Two person in the same slot looking equally scummy on D1, I don't see what more we could want.
why is Sakura equally as scummy as Cat Clancer? I don't think you explained it anywhere, unless I just missed it

and Dys post plz
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:48 am

Post by BigTerp »

I'm back!!

I'm going to UNVOTE: . My feel on Ravenpaw has grown less and less strong after briefly reading back through what I missed. Plus my vote on her is doing no good at this point so close to the deadline. Going to go back a little more carefully what I missed over the weekend.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:04 am

Post by pieguyn »

EPWOP:
me wrote:wow it's hilarious how much you agree with your predecessor
it's almost like he had a plan as mafia, and oh great, now that you replaced into a mafia slot, you have no choice what to continue what he did before
nvm I'm baka, that's what I get for posting right when I wake up = =

the idea is still valid though

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”