Newbie 1428 Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Ravenpaw
Ravenpaw
Goon
Ravenpaw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:19 pm

Post by Ravenpaw »

In post 135, Banksys Flareon wrote:I see nothing in your most recent wall worth responding to. You seen comfortable with an OMGUS strategy, so I'll let the rest of the town decide what they think of that.
Says before that she won’t respond to me anymore but then proceeds to anyway...ok.
However, since this is a newbie game, and you are clearly a newbie, I will explain some mafia theory to you.
How am I clearly a newbie? I have 8 completed games on this site. You are just throwing out useless accusations here which have nothing to do with alignment.
It is anti town to explain town reads (some people refuse to give them at all) because it gives scum information as to how to appear town in this specific game. It doesnt help us scum hunt. Town reads are meaningless and easily changed. All they serve to do is create clutter, meaningless content in which scum can hide and participate. "Posting content is good!" is the eternal cry of all newbies who don't know what the fuck they're talking about. Any player, scum or otherwise, can post lots of content and be a little angel of organization and helpfulness. You are not that, but you seem to be trying to be.
And it’s very scummy to refuse to explain your reasoning, because just saying so-and-so is town, with no justification presented is an easy way of coasting by.
As far as your OMGUS vote and my lack of having called you "he," you do what you think is best. I distinctly remember calling you he at some point, but if I didn't I guess you'd better lynch me.
Quote where you called me a he, if you can do that I will self-vote right now.
@Cat Clancer: We don't need two idiots. Reread.
So are you saying I’m an idiot or that I’m scum?
In post 147, Banksys Flareon wrote:Raven's motto is "From one thing, say ten thousand things." It's an unsettling perversion of Musashi.

@Dyslexicon: Look in the mafia wiki about scum created content. In newbie games especially, generating content is misregarded as a strong town tell, giving scum motivation to do it. Yes, townies do that too. However, the kind of content being generated by Ravenpaw is not scum hunting. She is literally shooting for maximum content and responding to every sentence that could be responded to.
Look at any of my games and you will see that I wall in all of them, you are taking a playstyle tell and trying to paint it as a scumtell which is scummy as heck to do.
Secondly, her shit is scummy. The people she calls out and the way she calls them out screams of manufactured reasoning. Now maybe she is just a bad town player and thinks this is what she should be doing to help the town, but I see too much ego in it for that.
You’re calling me out for manufactured reasoning when you can’t even justify any of your attacks on me? Lol, you are obvious scum.
Ravenpaw
Ravenpaw
Goon
Ravenpaw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:20 pm

Post by Ravenpaw »

In post 137, Grimgroove wrote:
In post 135, Banksys Flareon wrote:I see nothing in your most recent wall worth responding to.
I love this person
Says the guy who says it's scummy to ask a lot of questions and not provide a thorough follow up on them every time.

Grim bus your buddy.
Ravenpaw
Ravenpaw
Goon
Ravenpaw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:24 pm

Post by Ravenpaw »

In post 139, Cat Clancer wrote:We also don't need animosity, either.

Insulting people will make them less willing to saddle up with your reads.
Don't be a jerk to people who are learning the game.
Banksy can’t back up anything of what she is saying so she must resort to these ad hominine attacks, it’s a typical scum tactic.
In post 146, pieguyn wrote: Ravenpaw I'm not even going to respond to that cause it seems you didn't read anything I said. ok I will but just this once <3
I read everything and I constantly iso people so don’t worry about me having that problem sweetheart.
Ravenpaw wrote:My point on you was that you were happy to discredit someone else for being hesitant about L-1, but then you later would display this same hesitation.
for the 230489th time,
I was not hesitant about L - 1

I voted someone else to get some different discussion going. you admitted this is a fair point so I don't understand why you're even saying this right here
Ok, but as I said, he was your top scumread so I was confused as to why you wouldn’t vote him and would rather go for your second. That's why I concluded it was hesitation.
Ravenpaw wrote:This is funny coming from a guy who'd earlier said that people need to make sure to read the thread properly.
Where
Here:
In post 36, pieguyn wrote:which shouldn't happen if people read the thread
Ravenpaw wrote:Because I haven't, my content has been good for getting reads and producing discussion. And I have not sat back at all.
just saying, the only discussion so far has been people constantly defending themselves re: your questions
This is not correct, others have been asking questions. Heck look at Dyslexi’s posts.
And there is nothing wrong with asking questions.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:26 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

In post 144, Banksys Flareon wrote:
@Mod: Grimgroove messed up his tags, but he's voting Ravenpaw too.
Please take the time to read and familiarize yourself with the rules prior to trying to correct my moderation.

Thanks.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Ravenpaw
Ravenpaw
Goon
Ravenpaw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:27 pm

Post by Ravenpaw »

In post 148, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 107, Ravenpaw wrote: So he's a lesser scum read for you then before?
And what do you make of Cat's and my cases on Pie as scum?
That is how logic works, yes.
I think pie is likely town at present.
While I think these type of reaction tests I'm basing the main part of this read on generally drag out longer before they're called out as such, but I still think it's the same attitude that comes from a town mindset. If it's happening later in the game, then maybe not so much, but right now I'm not seeing scum from the proclamation.
I'm also not seeing anything else he has written as that scummy.
Ok, well I don’t want Pie lynched today anyway for there is an obvious dancing in front of us all who is begging for rope.
In post 130, Ravenpaw wrote: Also that point about the "he" is utterly bewildering. Why would she apologise and say she felt very bad about something earlier that Pie did and not her? It makes no sense and her flailing over it is very scummy.
Why does this matter to either of you? Can everybody just drop gender problems, they don't help us scumhunt.
No this is a crucial point because it demonstrates 2 things:
1. Banksy is just blatantly lying in her posts to discredit me, why on earth would she say this:
In post 120, Banksys Flareon wrote: You are scum madam (and i know I called you he earlier and I feel really bad about that).
If she never even did it? How can someone feel "really bad" about something that they never did?
2. Her refusal to acknowledge that she is lying is a typical sign of a cornered scum who is scared to admit that they are wrong.

I am so right on the money with this whole thing that I will vote myself if anyone can find where Bansky called me a he. Because you won’t find it, she is lying.
The vote that was in that post is making me consider possible bussing between Banksys and Raven though.
You really think two buddies would do this on day 1?
Look at Bansky's "case" on me, it lacks any reasoning or logic, she is just desperately trying to pull a mislynch.
Ravenpaw
Ravenpaw
Goon
Ravenpaw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:31 pm

Post by Ravenpaw »

NS' post about Banksy not being familiar with the rules has also reminded me of something else.
Banksy, if you are such a veteran at this game and know soooooo much, why did you make this post:
In post 84, Banksys Flareon wrote:Ohio goizaimas! Demo, jyu ji desu... gogo.

Anatahadare o utagau nodesu ka?
Not posting in cryptic language is a very basic rule that you should've surely been aware of by now.
/owned.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:17 pm

Post by pieguyn »

Ravenpaw wrote:Here:
ok yeah, I admit I said we should read the thread but then didn't read it well enough myself. my miss > <
Ravenpaw wrote:This is not correct, others have been asking questions. Heck look at Dyslexi’s posts.
And there is nothing wrong with asking questions.
also correct.

Cat Clancer seems to be completely ignoring me, while still saying I'm scum. he posted this after my posts about him
Cat Clancer wrote:Unlike the main scum reads here (pie, Ban), who don't explain that much to begin with.
without answering my questions about his (IMO invalid) logic. IMO if he srsly wanted to scumhunt me he'd focus more on what I post, but instead he's just trying to pass me off as mafia. The fact that he doesn't seem to be pressuring me any further makes me think he's not really trying to scumhunt me in the first place.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:11 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 151, Ravenpaw wrote:
In post 135, Banksys Flareon wrote:I see nothing in your most recent wall worth responding to.
I love this person
Says the guy who says it's scummy to ask a lot of questions and not provide a thorough follow up on them every time.

Grim bus your buddy.
I was a bit under the influence when saying that, but I must admit I rather appreciate Banksys style, she seems to be able to put things very eloquently. Rudish, but not too much. Brings in some spice!

Could you expand on your last sentence?
"What truffles are to pigs so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity." - Frasier
Banksys Flareon
Banksys Flareon
Goon
Banksys Flareon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:49 am

Post by Banksys Flareon »

@Mod: I did read the rules, and I was not trying to correct you, I simply pointed it out. There are mods, especially in newbie games who would have counted the vote anyway.

@Grimgroove: You messes up your tags. You should fix your vote.

[quote="Raven"] If she never even did it? How can someone feel "really bad" about something that they never did?2. Her refusal to acknowledge that she is lying is a typical sign of a cornered scum who is scared to admit that they are wrong.I am so right on the money with this whole thing that I will vote myself if anyone can find where Bansky called me a he. Because you won’t find it, she is lying
Banksys Flareon
Banksys Flareon
Goon
Banksys Flareon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:00 am

@Mod: I did read the rules, and I was not trying to correct you, I simply pointed it out. There are mods, especially in newbie games who would have counted the vote anyway.

@Grimgroove: You messes up your tags. You should fix your vote.
Raven wrote: If she never even did it? How can someone feel "really bad" about something that they never did?2. Her refusal to acknowledge that she is lying is a typical sign of a cornered scum who is scared to admit that they are wrong.I am so right on the money with this whole thing that I will vote myself if anyone can find where Bansky called me a he. Because you won’t find it, she is lying
Did you notice all the sentences of me bitching about hating posting from my phone? That's because I have to have three Windows open, and often what I write good away. It could be that or I was simply misremembering. I could not begin to care.

Let's say I was lying. I just threw that in there for my own sneaky purposes.

1) How could that possibly have gained me a scum advantage if you hadn't heroically caught it?

2) But you did catch it! So what was my plan supposed to be then?

Now if you do have 8 games under your belt, can you link me to two of them in which you are town? Preferably not newbie games. A scum game would be nice too, but less necessary.

@All: My case on Raven has nothing to do with her playstyle. I imagine this is a playable she is used to. I don't wish you to look carefully at how much she is questioning people, but rather what each individual question and line of inquiry seeks to accomplish.

Knowing that most people probably won't do that, I'll post another case later today, and perhaps make myself more clear.
Banksys Flareon
Banksys Flareon
Goon
Banksys Flareon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:02 am

@Mod: I hit submit while I was still typing, My apologies for the double post.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:08 am

Post by Grimgroove »

VOTE: Ravenpaw
"What truffles are to pigs so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity." - Frasier
Ravenpaw
Ravenpaw
Goon
Ravenpaw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:32 am

Post by Ravenpaw »

@Dyslexi-
Did you notice that Banksy ignored your post here and instead just wasted time posting about mafia theory instead of actual game content?:
In post 141, Dyslexicon wrote:Nananana... I don't see anything in Banksys's case on Raven that's too convincing. She asks a lot of questions, yes. This she can do as both town and scum. I still stand by that her questions are making sense to me, and I'd ask more or less the same things I think in her position, I think. So still a townish read to me because of that. Banksys is as fiery as her avatar. I don't understand how she's so sure on her read on Raven though, seems kind of random. It's pretty out there and that's why I think this could just as well be town on town, as she wouldn't need to get that much attention. However, there are serious flaws in her case, including the misrep of when Raven changed her vote from Big, and I don't get how Big was so obviously town in the first place (obviously neither me or Cheery thought that either).
If she truly believed in her case she would be able to answer your inquiries, yeah? But she doesn’t, because she is just throwing out baseless attacks.

@Pie-
I’m liking your recent scumhunting Pie. Your point on Cat ignoring your post is good and it would help if he did answer it. The thing is though I know that I’ve got scum caught in Banksy (and I realise this is a bold thing to say but trust me when I say I am good at spotting when a scum is trying to make a case on me and this is one of those times), and so she needs to be the lynch today.
Pie, have your read Banksys’s case on me and how I completely crushed it and revealed her scumminess in the process? If not, can you go back and re-read and give me your thoughts on it please.
Ravenpaw
Ravenpaw
Goon
Ravenpaw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:35 am

Post by Ravenpaw »

In post 157, Grimgroove wrote:
I love this person

Grim bus your buddy.
I was a bit under the influence when saying that, but I must admit I rather appreciate Banksys style, she seems to be able to put things very eloquently. Rudish, but not too much. Brings in some spice!
See it's comments like this that is making you look like her buddy Grim.
You are saying that calling people idiots is being eloquent? :?
It’s pretty obvious isn’t it? Banksy is scum (<- this I am very confident on) and your support of her, and weird attacks on my playstyle are making me read you as her buddy. And you do realise that all of your game related posts since #8 through to this one here #23 have either been a response to me or about me, right? It makes me wonder what you'd be doing without your muse here.

And Grim you never responded to my reply of your question here:
Tell me, what three questions that asked were by you of the most help to you, and should be of particular help to all of us, and why?
You have repeatedly said that I’m not doing enough with my questions, but you did exactly nought with this. Pot meet kettle?

I'm still waiting for that case of yours btw, come on man don't leave me hanging :D
Ravenpaw
Ravenpaw
Goon
Ravenpaw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:39 am

Post by Ravenpaw »

Hey Banksy I thought you weren't going to respond to me anymore?
In post 159, Banksys Flareon wrote: Let's say I was lying. I just threw that in there for my own sneaky purposes.

1) How could that possibly have gained me a scum advantage if you hadn't heroically caught it?
You are lying, and you said it as a way to mock me when you called me madam.
2) But you did catch it! So what was my plan supposed to be then?
It proves that you are just making up stuff.
How about you explain how you could have felt really bad about something that never happened eh?
Now if you do have 8 games under your belt, can you link me to two of them in which you are town? Preferably not newbie games. A scum game would be nice too, but less necessary.
What do you mean "now if you do" as if I am lying about a fact that is easy verifiable by anyone clicking on my profile.
But whatever here:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=28017

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=26302

Both of these games by the way I catch scum and what were they doing that made them obvious? They were trying to push a skeevy case on me and I saw through it right away.
I find it a bit odd that you are so gun-ho on me being scum yet you don't feel it necessary to see my scum game in order to compare.
Banksy why don't you reveal your main account?
@All: My case on Raven has nothing to do with her playstyle. I imagine this is a playable she is used to.
But I thought you were arguing before that I was an obvious n00b?
Knowing that most people probably won't do that, I'll post another case later today, and perhaps make myself more clear.
You are admitting that you first case had no substance to it all then? Just as I demonstrated. I look forward to owning your new "case" too.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:42 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 149, Banksys Flareon wrote:Oh, but honey, based on your join date I've been playing four times as long as you. I just don't want to reveal my original account Also I've been gone for a while, hence the new account and newbie game, though this is not the only game I'm in.

Now revise your post with the assumption that I know at least as much about this game as you do. Explanations of your theory (which I assure you are not commonly held, at least among my generation) are of no use to me at all.
I don't care if you have other accounts or whatever, for all you know, I could have those myself.

It does explain my surprise at seeing it happen so suddenly, but does not make you gain my trust.

You don't have to change your own theories, but I'll still be continuing to explain the theory I believe is most up to date and useful., I won't force you to follow my advice, and there is never a definite rule on anything. (well except the actual rules).
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Banksys Flareon
Banksys Flareon
Goon
Banksys Flareon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:46 am

@CheeryDog: Fair enough. Do you mind reading the most recent exchange between Raven and myself, and giving me your thoughts on it?
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:53 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 163, Ravenpaw wrote:
I love this person

Grim bus your buddy.
Of course not. If she called you an idiot, then it would not be getting my support, because you are clearly not. But it's just nice (with a lack for better words) to see someone express thoughts on your playstyle (?) that are exactly like my thoughts. That's what I was getting at with your unilateral questioning-thing. I feel B
It’s pretty obvious isn’t it? Banksy is scum (<- this I am very confident on) and your support of her, and weird attacks on my playstyle are making me read you as her buddy. And you do realise that all of your game related posts since #8 through to this one here #23 have either been a response to me or about me, right? It makes me wonder what you'd be doing without your muse here.

Tell me, what three questions that asked were by you of the most help to you, and should be of particular help to all of us, and why?
You have repeatedly said that I’m not doing enough with my questions, but you did exactly nought with this. Pot meet kettle?

I'm still waiting for that case of yours btw, come on man don't leave me hanging :D[/quote]
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:53 am

Post by Grimgroove »

I love this person

Grim bus your buddy.
Of course not. If she called you an idiot, then it would not be getting my support, because you are clearly not. But it's just nice (with a lack for better words) to see someone express thoughts on your playstyle (?) that are exactly like my thoughts. That's what I was getting at with your unilateral questioning-thing. I feel B

I'm still waiting for that case of yours btw, come on man don't leave me hanging :D[/quote]
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:53 am

Post by Grimgroove »

I love this person

Grim bus your buddy.

Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:53 am

Post by Grimgroove »

I love this person

Grim bus your buddy.

Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:53 am

Post by Grimgroove »

I love this person

Grim bus your buddy.

Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:53 am

Post by Grimgroove »

I love this person

Grim bus your buddy.

Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:00 am

Post by Grimgroove »

I love this person

Grim bus your buddy.
Of course not. If she called you an idiot, then it would not be getting my support, because you are clearly not. But it's just nice (with a lack for better words) to see someone express thoughts on your playstyle (?) that are exactly like my thoughts. That's what I was getting at with your unilateral questioning-thing. I feel Banksys did a really good job of getting that point across.

I put a questionmark between brackets there. Because from the one game we've been in together, I don't remember this actually being your playstyle. On the cotnrary even, yes, you did ask questions, but the way I remember you was very brief posts, with one or two specific question tops. Your questions were also all pertinent. Here there's a big amount of questions that are not relevant.
It’s pretty obvious isn’t it? Banksy is scum (<- this I am very confident on) and your support of her, and weird attacks on my playstyle are making me read you as her buddy.
As her buddy or as her scumbuddy?
And you do realise that all of your game related posts since #8 through to this one here #23 have either been a response to me or about me, right? It makes me wonder what you'd be doing without your muse here.
This is not due to Banksys, but due to you. I guess you are my muse. I admit I have to read up on Cat's entrance for instance, or CheeryDog's stances on all of this, but if there's anything that made me lose touch with this game it's been your questioning. My vote on you may be my way of transferring my feelings of guilt over my laziness to you,b ut normally I'm really not a lazy player. You've seen me play. But you want me to respond to all this stuff, there simply is no time for me to get into anything else. This is an actual, real argument. My time is not infinite.

I'm still waiting for that case of yours btw, come on man don't leave me hanging :D
This is a fair request. I shall get on it within 48 hours!
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:01 am

Post by Grimgroove »

I am truly sorry, no idea what happened here, but only 173 should be read.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”