Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (isolation #1) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:27 pm

Post by Amb »

You know the idea of speed-lynching the person who said "QUICKLYNCHQUICKLYNCHQUICKLYNCH" is really appealing.
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (isolation #2) » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:18 am

Post by Amb »

Proxy voting? That is bizarre! I wouldnt trust anybody with my vote ever, just in case I hand the mafia an advantage.

StallingChamp had best have a good reason for trusting Glork. (Such as in the same masonry(unlikely))

We just need to watch carefully here, this could be an obscure form of dayskill. Has SC pulled out in any other game for the same reason, or with similar behaviour?
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (isolation #3) » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:07 pm

Post by Amb »

I disagree with Glork as a choice. I would happily have misused your vote on day 1 randomness. Which is also why I disagree with me as a choice ;)
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (isolation #4) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:37 pm

Post by Amb »

We could all proxy todays vote to Glork and see what he does with such power! Will he just vig someone at random, or will he just shake his head in utter disbelief. I doubt such a move would have ever been done before, and while the move would be crazy from a tactics point of view - I'd go with it just to scoop an award for most unusual day one of all time ;)
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (isolation #5) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:49 am

Post by Amb »

Unvote; Vote Pete D

Im going to follow Glork, since people seem to have unerring faith in him. Also for the irony of his statement "Following someone else's lead on a bad stance ... is usually scummy". Glork clearly doesn't think he is leading on a bad stance. :)
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (isolation #6) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:21 pm

Post by Amb »

Yes there was a sense of irony Mrs D, (or is the Miss D)
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (isolation #7) » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:54 am

Post by Amb »

Its day one, and only 3 pages in by the way. I don't expect any bandwagon to be brilliantly conclusive, unless someone outrightly lies and gets caught. THat might happen - but not day one, and doubtful day two either.

So the pete d line is sufficient for now. Experience tells me the first bandwagon on Day 1 almost never gets lynched before it turns on someone else anyway. So Pete D won't be fretting too much yet.
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (isolation #8) » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:54 am

Post by Amb »

Make that the 4th page :)
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (isolation #9) » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:14 am

Post by Amb »

Thats my point, its difficult to make great points based on posting content etc this early on. Those blindly following Glork (including me) wont have much to add at all. The same goes for those that counter attack the early voters.

So the best tactic is to bandwagon someone and start to see where the chips fall. If that victim is me, Glork, Pete d or anyone else almost doesnt matter. Otherwise how else are we going to trigger conversation.
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (isolation #10) » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:05 am

Post by Amb »

Yes, lynching lurkers can be a good strategy. But.... thats also carries the higher risk of getting your docs and cops outed though, because they often like to lay low during the start of a game.
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (isolation #11) » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:55 am

Post by Amb »

I think I said this earlier, but the first bandwagoned player is almost never lynched. Therefore a quick but ultimately futile bandwagon on Pete D is of no huge consequence if it then disappears. And if it completes, then we gain a lot of info about where the dice fell etc.
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (isolation #12) » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:40 am

Post by Amb »

Now if I turn around then join the DoS bandwagon how will you react?
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (isolation #13) » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:48 am

Post by Amb »

... So ... What next... Maybe we do need to grit our teeth and just lynch to keep the game alive?
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (isolation #14) » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:55 pm

Post by Amb »

I will take initiative when I am good and ready.

But currently we have nothing to go on save flimsy reasoning. If I was doing this on day 3, then you have cause for concern. But its day 1. On day 1 you can be lynched for having a name that reminds someone of Pi, or for by random chance being krolg spelt backwards. Even if the reasoning is "His voting pattern is scummy" or "He seems to have no backbone" you wont hit scum except by luck (Excepting if the scum says "Hey everybody, Im a serial killer, would you let me live as a vig").

So since flimsy reasoning is probably the main course for the day, I see no problem with wishy-washying myself around to avoid being voted myself. That after all is the only real goal today - stay alive and hope you hit scum and not a power townie when you lynch. We can get serious tomorrow.

Please note this does NOT advocate a speed lynch.
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (isolation #15) » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:29 pm

Post by Amb »

I should have said bandwagonned...
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (isolation #16) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:11 am

Post by Amb »

* Bump *

Unvote; Vote DragonsOfSUmmer

We need to keep the game moving. This can also be construed as showing initiative. Just so Glork knows.
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (isolation #17) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:35 am

Post by Amb »

FOS Deanwinchester

Neither the case against me, nor DragonOfSummer is particularly strong*. You sound very opportunistic at trying to dig at people of whom neither are in your scum team.

* Yes I am voting DOS, I want a claim. The alternate choice seems to be a stalled game.
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (isolation #18) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:53 pm

Post by Amb »

Amb is not scum.

Pluswhich, how many people are you going to say this about? Your day 1 play isnt exactly pristine yourself Glork.
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (isolation #19) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:54 pm

Post by Amb »

Unvote; Vote DeanWinchester
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (isolation #20) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:25 pm

Post by Amb »

Bad bad move glork. Trying to be lynching Amb is bad. He even took the initiative on DeanWinchester...
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (isolation #21) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:24 pm

Post by Amb »

"I'm going to go ahead and assume that your post was an attempt at humor"

As though the previous one pointing out my initiative wasn't also that :-p
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (isolation #22) » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:41 am

Post by Amb »

Unvote; Vote DoS

Im keeping another bandwagon ahead of mine. Sorry. Yellowbounder is wrong.
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (isolation #23) » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:07 pm

Post by Amb »

Random before yes.
Correct no.

That doesnt change, now matter how poorly anyone wants to twist things.
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (isolation #24) » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:14 pm

Post by Amb »

Wagon hopping on day 1 is all I ever do by the way. You can cross check that with nearly every game I have ever played. I care little about who is lynched so long as it isnt me. I suggest everyone in the game should do this too. The only other strategy I like on day 1 is no lynch, because it harms the mafia more than it harms town. Dont bother pressing me on that, because everytime I argue it it results in me being lynched and then everyone saying "Why would a townie do that" as though it somehow excuses the bad lynch.
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (isolation #25) » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:13 pm

Post by Amb »

Okay this has gone far enough. I am not scum, and this is being driven by scum.

StallingChamp
: Just dives in because I'm climbing the scummeter, when all I am doing is reacting to a bandwagon against me. What a surprise, I dont want to be lynched! Also has the disadvantage of trying to give away his vote. Misguided and dangerous tactic.

Omega
: Misquotes my Post 25, and says he didnt see the 'Rolefishing' the first time. This is clearly because I wasnt role fishing and its now being forcibly implied. I was stating that stallingchamp was making a very foolish move - given that he couldnt know Glork's alignment.

Uses my post 85 to say it doesnt seem innocent - because I like the idea of lynching lurkers. Yet I still maintain that lurkers are bad because if they are scum we cant catch them lying. Yes I did ask for a DoS claim because he was the bandwagon to get. I would not find a request for me to claim scummy. Obviously I prefer not to claim.

"I don't like people who go the wishy-washy route rather than try to give the flimsy a little more substance."

Well - I don't like people who disguise randomness with more substance, when it is nothing more than randomness. THen when they do lynch wrongly, they turn around and say "Hey oops, all of us would have made that mistake" when in fact they are manipulative. It's far more honest to say you have a hunch, or are blatant about bandwagonning, than if you actually try to make a bad vote look genuine. In that situation you have something to hide.
So the pete d line is sufficient for now. Experience tells me the first bandwagon on Day 1 almost never gets lynched before it turns on someone else anyway. So Pete D won't be fretting too much yet.
...and that statement strikes me now as message sending, for some reason.
1. It would seem I was right. THe first bandwagon fell apart. What a shock. It happens nearly every time.
2. Why would I bother sending a message to Pete D if I were scum. That would imply I didnt believe the whole 'bandwagon' thing, and that I was too stupid to wait for night.

Glork
Very controlling, but listened to. His arguments have no meat at all - yet he has it down to "Okay, so exactly one of you is likely scum. I just have to figure out which one". First - this says nothing at all. Exactly one of you is likely scum? Exactly one is scum would make sense. Exactly one is likely scum looks like a way out if neither of us are. And also, why would it not be one or both, unless DoS was in Glork's group. Glork is controlling this conversation without actually providing any in depth research, he just wants us to follow his reputation. At least Glork does openly admit things like "Where do you think I pulled it out of?" and "Hunch". I just dont like the way its gone from that to conclusion. (And vague conclusion at that)

Yellowbounder
Lurking, and just walks in and joins the easiest bandwagon with "I've looked at Amb, and he seems... slightly off. There's something possibly too joking, not serious enough about him, which gives out a slight scum feel. It's a tiny hunch, but I'll vote on my hunch, because it might produce some interesting results."

I suspect he could just be joining it for it being the most 'under the radar' vote he could get. He was unlikely to be too examined for it.

DeanWinchester
I was voting this person for his posts. I agree with the suspicions of pete d in this case with "unvote, vote: DeanWinchester his wagon of Dos and attack of Amb and DoS feels to me like he's trying to spread suspicion around. Plus, he provides little reasoning for his wagoning vote. " My post 113 outlines this.

Pink Princess
Didnt like the blind follow, but in the same post complains the game is crawling. Well my bloodthirsty babe, I think the blind follow opened the flood gates of this game. I do not get a bad vibe from PP, so I will leave her for now* (I see while I preview that PP has since posted. I will analyse that later)

Zarvok
- Makes a point about not liking the blind follow as well, but doesnt commit to anything. Has only made 4 posts to date, and thus is lurking. Surely this sort of lying low behaviour is just as scummy!

DoS
- He isn't voting me (I think). He will simply be hoping I get lynched over him. (This doesnt make him scum). My vote on him is because I would prefer his lynch to mine. Simple math. 12 players and I am not scum, therefore a lynch of me is 100% chance a townie will die. Because I dont know his role, the %age of him being scum is marginally better. (Yes I know the obvious problem with this, I can only do it from my perspective)

Several of those on my bandwagon are low posting lurkers with seemingly no real conviction on my bandwagon, and Glork. I don't know if Glork is deliberately controlling the bandwagon (as might be apparent) or just sitting back and letting his reputation control it. It is very possible that he is scum because he probably will look good with a bad lynch.

* Ignoring my bias for babes ;)
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (isolation #26) » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:16 pm

Post by Amb »

Fictitious wrote: Glork: Amb, you took the initiative, I wish I was like you
Amb: Muahahahaha
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (isolation #27) » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:30 pm

Post by Amb »

(They are the 8 people who are on or hanging around my Bandwagon like vultures. Do you think I realistically can know which ones are the true problems and which ones arent?)
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (isolation #28) » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:44 pm

Post by Amb »

Unvote
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (isolation #29) » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:39 am

Post by Amb »

You arent wrong. By keeping our wagons at equal size, it meant that any bandwagonning type players (like I am) could go for you instead of me. If I was in the lead, then id garner those votes for certain. Yes it was selfish play.

It meant a bandwaggoner would have to choose between our wagons, although because of what I did, it still meant they would gravitate to me. But I prefered that to being directly in the lead.
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (isolation #30) » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:51 am

Post by Amb »

You may as well lynch me then, because claiming will get me killed anyways.
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (isolation #31) » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:55 am

Post by Amb »

As I said, it had gone on far enough. I gave valid reasons why players on my bandwagon could be scum. But I still have players basically nodding their head and saying "Oh he looks like scum. He must be". Luckily you can review the shakey bandwagon tomorrow and actually pull it apart to see where everything went wrong.
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (isolation #32) » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:20 am

Post by Amb »

Doctor.

Goodbye.
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (isolation #33) » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:31 pm

Post by Amb »

I never got anywhere with my defense either...
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (isolation #34) » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:36 pm

Post by Amb »

I didn't really even have one. It just said that I was a scared customer.
This claim makes me think DoS is telling the truth.

Is there any point in me claiming anything more: Here are the possibilities:
1. I get lynched and you get all the details
2. Someone else gets lynched, and I die overnight.
3. Someone else gets lynched, and I survive. I will get lynched that day instead.

The only thing that my claim will now help with is verifying another players claim - by comparing the style. This information wont help any town player because I expect them to have similar type roles, and thus can only help the mafia in formulating their own claims (Which might be easy for them anyways, depending on what was in their PMs). DoS may have already inadvertently helped them in this regard. The Central Scrutinizer may be fishing for information to help a claim himself. THis may be especially true if the lynch swings the way of one of 'his' fellow scums - thus not helping them, and meaning a direct claim from me will help them with their lies.
Minor FOS Central Scrutinzer
, because the case isnt strong enough to merit a vote or even a FOS yet.
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (isolation #35) » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:24 pm

Post by Amb »

I do not want a counter claim. A counter claim would be inherently bad. It should be sufficient for you to know that what DoS said is plausible.
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (isolation #36) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:31 am

Post by Amb »

The mafia choosing not to kill amb is somwhat scary for the town, but it's moot to talk about it untill night has run it's course.
Its only scary for me. I am aware that if I survive, I will need to be lynched. It won't stop me complaining about it etc.

The only thing I can tell you is that what DragonsOfSummer is saying about his role makes a lot of sense to me. He might not be saying much, but what he is saying makes me conclude he is telling the truth.

I am reluctant to give too much info before we get anywhere near a lynch. We may yet get a third claim today for one reason. My bandwagon AND DragonsOfSummer's bandwagons should both fall apart. And that means someone else will be under pressure of claiming. If we spell out every detail of what a town/power townie claim might look like then we hand the mafia the chance to lie more convincingly. This of course will become a moot point after the first town death, but we don't have that yet, so lets keep it that way as much as we can. Its not an ace of trumps play, but even the two of clubs can take a trick now and then.
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (isolation #37) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:43 pm

Post by Amb »

I heard PP found a photo on the internet of a hot guy and it was named glork.jpg and she thinks you are him and she is going to listen as long as she can in the hopes of ensnaring you in her hot pink arms (read tentacles if she isnt town) and soft squishy princess bits (read mandibles of doom if she isnt town).

Just so you know...

PS: Please ignore the precepts of LAL
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (isolation #38) » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:49 pm

Post by Amb »

Why would DoS bandwagon fall apart? It seem like Amb is trying to get it to fall apart by suggesting it like that. Why would amb's claim help stop DoS wagon? I did think they were scum together, still do, but with amb's claim it's best to see how the night play's out in regard to amb's fate. With DoS that is not the case. He still Has to clear himself. This comment is scumie because it is trying to move the town off of DoS, and I don't see why this should be the case.
Because his claim is believable in the light of my role. Because I claimed Doc, I am doomed to die. As I said earlier, if I survive the night, I should be lynched overnight because I will have no way of verifying myself. Other than that, the scum will attack me as otherwise I can prevent a kill. Either way, you will find out if I am telling the truth or not, and then you can make up your mind if the details of my death verify DoS in anyway shape or form.

My call here is to risk leaving DoS out and alive, so that my role can be contrasted to his. THis raises an important point. I do not know how many details will be given on death. So here goes: My title is Obese Customer. I am a doctor because I steal the poisoned burgers being fed to the mafia victims and eat them. My body is so well adjusted to eating junk food that the poisons just get filtered through, and the victim goes hungry for the night but survives.

The fact that DoS calls himself Scared Customer makes me believe him. The flavour is similar. If the mafia were called "Evil Customer" and "Hamburgler Customer" they might not know to theme their roles in the same way when claiming. This game is unlikely to have safe claims for the mafia; So I believe DoS based on his claim.
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (isolation #39) » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:50 pm

Post by Amb »

Vote DeanWinchester

Ps LOL @ "DeadWinchester- 1 (DragonsofSummer) " in the co-mod's vote count.
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (isolation #40) » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:44 pm

Post by Amb »

DoS may or may not be scum. His role claim is believable. Therefore a lynch of DoS is a mistake for the moment. It may be that the town can go for him again later on another day. Fine. We can do that if it happens. Therefore it is better for me to vote for a player I think of as looking scummy. If I don't get traction on it, it doesnt matter. THe interactions we are going to glean now from players reactions to whats going on will prove to be invaluable later.
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (isolation #41) » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:59 pm

Post by Amb »

Mod I just noticed that on the latest vote count you have my name down as DeadWinchester. That's kinda creepy.
How very interesting that you didnt see my post pointing that out, yet you saw my vote just above? Are you actually reading the thread? Or just the votes to make sure you arent lynched?

Anyways, Since StallingChamp has all but implied a role, then I will revote Dragons of Summer.

Unvote; Vote DragonsOfSummer
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (isolation #42) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:05 pm

Post by Amb »

The no night deaths means the person I protected is probably not mafia. This presumes no SK, and also no other docs (unlikely) and no roleblockers (50/50) which could also account for the dawn as we know it. I want to know if I should reveal my target or not.

I cannot, obviously, prove my claim etc, so I do expect that being lynched is the most appropriate play. In the hopes that you think otherwise, I shall...

Vote DeanWinchester

Two reasons:
1: I think he is scum. See yesterdays arguments.
2: I won't vote myself except in a role where suicide is mandatory (See any GL game modded by Ctorj)

In other news, I am going to be away for 3 days or so. I wont be posting unless I have time to come back to my PC (Unlikely, but not impossible). If the lynch does swing my way, give me time to reveal my target so that the info can be used later. I changed my mind several times on who to pick, and clearly settled on the right one. I will only reveal it if the general consensus is that I should.
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (isolation #43) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:09 pm

Post by Amb »

Incidentally in the last vote count of yesterday I had two votes. Just in case that isn't a mod mistake, I have no knowledge of any such thing.
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (isolation #44) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:16 pm

Post by Amb »

NM - CDB has fixed it
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (isolation #45) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Amb »

No, ordinary doctor.
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (isolation #46) » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:24 pm

Post by Amb »

Frozen Atlantic is doing the same by saying Pink Princess should be lynched and giving no reason. A whole bunch of others arent posting at all. I have an excuse for being away. I wont be fully back for another 48 hours, but I will try to post then.

In the meanwhile
Unvote

I have a gut feeling about DeanWinchester, but 1. I cannot complain about Frozen Atlantic or pete d when my vote is only based on 'gut' and 2. It's clearly not getting any traction.

When i return fully I will probably just promote a bandwagon of a non-me character.

Failing that, can someone outline why keeping Glork alive/dead would be an advantage? What is history of claiming 'scum-like' roles knowing full well a cop will get guilty on him. What about the possibility he is trying to draw doc protection, thus allowing him to freekill. (Admittedly there is an easier solution to that 'predicament')

I'm not sure whether to believe him or not. It would be a hell of a gamble if he were scum, but thats also the reason it could work. Especially if that scum happened to be an SK.
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (isolation #47) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:27 pm

Post by Amb »

Pete D -- Are you trying to fish for FrAt to claim cop?
FOS Pete d
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (isolation #48) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:29 pm

Post by Amb »

Unvote; Vote Pink Princess
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (isolation #49) » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:28 am

Post by Amb »

If we dont lynch PP then I wouldnt mind seeing Pete D lynched. He tried to out a power role subtlely, then joined in with Scummy DeanWinchester in blaming me for calling him on it.

Also, DeanWinchester is asking for flavour. I don't know about you, but 'Vegan' as a title seems fairly 'Flavoured' to me.
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (isolation #50) » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:40 pm

Post by Amb »

I think that there isnt much to add right now, hence the activity. PP is the best tactical vote at the moment. We do, however, need to be careful about too many claims this early on.
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (isolation #51) » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:57 am

Post by Amb »

FrozenAtlantic would be my suggestion.
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (isolation #52) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:07 pm

Post by Amb »

Unvote; Vote Now A Ranger
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (isolation #53) » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:57 pm

Post by Amb »

Unvote Now a ranger

My vote was cast in annoyance over a trivial irrelevant to the game issue. (See gender tags and compare to the 'Her' references)
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (isolation #54) » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:36 pm

Post by Amb »

If you are wondering about participation - I have been on holiday - and away from my PC. Coming in in dribs and drabs. To be honest, im struggling a tad as well to be motivated when my death is up soon (be it by overnight kill or lynch)
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (isolation #55) » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:50 am

Post by Amb »

No the holiday in the sun by a lake and several volcanoes was actually pretty good. I want to go back already
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (isolation #56) » Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:41 pm

Post by Amb »

StallingChamp
: Voted Blago for voting glork. Proxied his vote, and claims to have done so for conversations sake. If so, it worked. It also started a fight between him and Frozen Atlantic over the motivation of such a move. Glork had a go at Pete d. In Pete d's retalliation he also voted Stalling Champ. At this, Stallingchamp suspiciously announced that Glork was onto something and voted Pete D. Voted me with VOTE: tags for climbing scumometer ;) In one post he votes DoS for "Blind following, Doing what most people are doing" and then in his next post votes me with "Yeah, Amb is climbing the scummeter quickly". He hasnt exactly added to the argument - he really just blindly followed. I dont mind blind follows as I tend to play that way (and or vote without comment) but when you are bussing one player for doing so, and then do so yourself, it does come across as opportunistic. Then when I tried to analyse those on my bandwagons he strangely suggests "...its telling that you think 8 people are suspicious. Trying to spread the accusations much? ". Kind of odd, all I would need is one to defuse my bandwagon. But when a decent number on my bandwagon probably were town what else could I do. Especially when I cant decide which are scum and which are not.

Once I claimed doctor - stallingchamps post nature changed extremely. It went from "Amb is climbing the scummeter" and other indecisive looking posts to 'Amb's claim seems geniune enough for me. Sorry DoS' to 'This vote will not be moving today, short of any scum coming out. and saying "I'm scum".' to 'Exerpt from his post, italics emphasis mine. That it not true, I do not accept your claim at all. I am 99% sure you are scum' to 'I've said it before, but I'll repeat it. DoS is scum. Without saying too much, his claim makes me very sure he is scum. I cannot expand without revealing my role, but I will expand further if the town wishes. ' In my mind this makes me wonder if Stalling champ is in the same scum team. First of all he weakly apologises as though to a scum buddy, but then becomes extremely convinced on the role posting. As he goes on he begins hinting a role himself.

Now - in order for him not to believe DoS, he has to have a town like role that is sufficiently different from DoS's claim for it not to add up. This then would imply he is town and nothing else. He hints at a role a few times and finally comes out with "Since I pseudo-claimed yesterday to lynch DoS, does the town want me to come out and fully claim? ".

To me he is hinting at a power role. I have a power role. Yet I believed dos? Why? DoS claimed townie via "Scared Townie". Fact is I didnt know what a 'normal townies' role looked like. Therefore, Stallingchamp is either a normal townie or a scum. Me as a power townie didnt know what a townie role would look like makes me think another power townie would have a similar problem. But SC implies he has a power role "his claim makes me very sure he is scum. I cannot expand without revealing my role".

I am trying to read through on all players. I just happened to start with StallingChamp since he is player 1 in the game list.

Unless I turn up something pretty impressive with the remaining living, I am probably going to vote him. (Likewise if he can now convince me I am totally wrong about his assertions)
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (isolation #57) » Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:49 pm

Post by Amb »

(Addition to this, if SC was ordinary townie, his argument would not have been hindered if he said "I am an ordinary townie" this is why I dont believe him, and there would have been no risk to him by saying that)
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (isolation #58) » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:36 pm

Post by Amb »

Notes:
Lynch of a scum - (Frozen Atlantic, DeanWinchester, Stalling Champ, Glork,

Pink Princess, The Central Scrutinizer, Amb)
pete d - 1 (Zarvok)
Not Voting (3): yellowbounder, Omega, pete d

Stalling Champ: 8/10
See 2 posts previous

Pink Princess: 2/10
Third to last on a scum lynch. Seems to be in love with Glork. Defers to his opinion a few times. Has claimed power role. (FA's claim is totally legit, as I was blocked last night, and can confirm that as a fact. Pro-town blocker? Not sure. Roleblocker? Sure.). Later claimed cop. Not worth pursuing, as FA wont block her this time? This one should resolve itself anyways.

Glork: 10/10
Has claimed non town non scum role. Should be lynched. Should be vigged. Either or. Timing of death is up to the vig / discussion.

yellowbounder: 5½/10
'I've looked at Amb, and he seems... slightly off. There's something possibly too joking, not serious enough about him' yet earlier joked: 'Amb is obviously a protown player.' You know im struggling to find anything incriminating when that is the best I can do. Has only 16 posts this game! He doesnt like the fact that I think revealing my protection last night is bad. I will do that closer to the lynch if needed. I cant honestly go anything else but the 5/10 for now. Perhaps an extra half point due to lack of posting (yes, hypocritical of me, sorry). (Also Failed to vote for the lynched scum)

Frozen Atlantic 6/10:
Argues that YB is scum with this brilliant elaboration: 'Yellowbounder: Town----------Scummy---Scum '. Well... Actually I have honestly no idea what he is arguing. Maybe he was arguing town? Claimed Vigilante/Roleblocker. Doesnt believe the cop claim. Hard to know because a block today on PP could prevent another kill but could likewise prevent us gaining important information. Could be a claim to attract doc protection, but roleblocker is too hard to fake out. Will be telling the truth about role. But cant tell about alignment. Enshrouded doubt puts FrAt up the list.

petra d
Called me 'She' when petra d knows better. Deserves a lynch for this :-p. Wasnt on the scum lynch but was clearly watching. Posted immediately with 'thats a lunch'. Did speculate about the RB concept quite early. Also doesnt believe the cop claim.
Asked me about my claim with:
Amb wrote: Amb wrote:
My title is Obese Customer. I am a doctor because I steal the poisoned burgers being fed to the mafia victims and eat them. My body is so well adjusted to eating junk food that the poisons just get filtered through, and the victim goes hungry for the night but survives.
Petra d wrote: BUT he can't self protect? the role mechanic makes no sense. surely if he is safe from someone else's poison, he should be safe from being directly poisoned.
Can't help you there sorry. For all I know I might be night immune, but if I am the mod hasn't seen fit to tell me. That could account for no death last night, but IMHO it would unbalance the game. So probably not. In short, I have no real read on Petra d.

DeanWinchester 6/10
Regularly listed as Deadwinchester by the mod. Hilarious. Perhaps the mod was wrong DeanLynchester? Made me laugh with "One small problem with your plan Glork. You can't shut up to save your life." I am noticing that myself ;) Claimed to be poison detector but still said "Somthing with Amb's claim just made me very uneasy" when I said I could eat a poisoned burger, yet clearly could have just checked me out. Is the second cop claim. Of the two claims is more likely to be made up (An easy claim when someone has already claimed soemthing to do with poison) "Also I think its time to seriosly DISCUSS a mass-claim. " Its day 2 not Day 5!!!! The only thing is that we have claimed already a role blocker, 2 cops and a doc. And that might not be all (Still reading etc)

blahgo/The Central Scrutinizer 5/10
: Has claimed town. Wants me to protect PP (nonbold FOS TCS, dont try to direct any doc). Tend to think he might be town, but really not an easy read. A lot of small posts.

Omega/Machiavellian-Mafia & Zarvok/now a ranger
:
Struggling to see anything incriminating. Given my suspicion of Stalling Champ as scum, I think I am happiest to follow that lead.

Unvote; Vote StallingChamp

DW:"Why are you going after some one that is the one of the more confirmed townies." Because on reading the posts etc, I felt that SC was less than confirmed. I found some items that struck me as unusual in a scum sense. PP could be considered 'more confirmed' because of her claim yet could be lying. I wont write anyone off yet as not scum even if I am reasonable convinced of being correct.

About the only other lynch I will consider at the moment has to be Glork. And I cant see that one happening actually.
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (isolation #59) » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:32 am

Post by Amb »

SC wrote:Please show me where I implyed powerrole at all.
You hint around it and then when you posted this: "his claim makes me very sure he is scum. I cannot expand without revealing my role"

There would be no disadvantage to you just outrightly saying you are ordinary townie to secure the lynch. I dont think you are as 'cleared' as you like. However, I am but one vote. Hopefully a scary spine tingling, hide under the bed scary. But only one.

Glork - you claimed an anti town role. The fact that you did so early probably means you arent mafia-scum. This does mean we do need to be rid of you to stop you winning the game. I dont feel now is the right time to be rid of you, but we should consider it soon. 10/10 is based on your scuminess factor. The fact I am not voting you is down to a tactical pov.
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (isolation #60) » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:58 pm

Post by Amb »

"Do you think I'm an SK? Why? How does last night (no kills) shake down if that were the case? "

That would prove that PP is scum. If you were SK, I know who you tried to kill (My protection) and the other kill would have been blocked by the roleblocker. That said it isnt likely, but not impossible.

No, I have not played with a survivor before.

I think I'll just go back to lurking.
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (isolation #61) » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:35 pm

Post by Amb »

Its hard to know what else to offer. The mafia are hardly playing like thickshakes, and thus we will need to move onto days 3 and 4 to sort some of the current mess out.
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (isolation #62) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:18 am

Post by Amb »

Bah, I suppose I have to go and read all of Yellowbounders posts now to see if it is worth hammering him or trying to save him.
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #523 (isolation #63) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:29 am

Post by Amb »

In Day 1 there was a niggling suspicion about Amb, since I was slightly suspicious of why a Doc would claim on Day 1. I'm not sure about anyone at the moment no.
Being lynched perhaps is a motivation!?!

Other than that - the only comment I can gain reading Yellowbounders posts is that they feel very vanilla - almost a cheeseburger without cheese feel. It's probably worth hammering him to keep the game moving.

For the record I protected Stalling Champ.
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (isolation #64) » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:58 am

Post by Amb »

And I thought a Big Mac without the middle bun would be a better comparison
A big mag without the middle bun is basically a cheeseburger.... :-p
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #601 (isolation #65) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:00 pm

Post by Amb »

I think Amb's doc claim was just an effort to get out of the spotlight as a logical lynch. So yes, I don't think there is a doctor in this game.
If I wanted out from the spotlight, Id have just 'claimed' vanilla. Claiming Doctor and then remaining to survive achieves the opposite of what you just said. It keeps the spotlight on - and worse so - I get spotlighted by the mafia and spotlighted by true townies who dont know what to believe.
The Title of the Thread wrote:...[Day 2, no night deaths!]
So you think there is no doctor? Its almost like... you are scum. You know im telling the truth, and you want either a) Me to die by lynch (likely if I keep surviving) and b) Another doctor to counter claim. (Thus making me a 'liar' and giving you two targets to splatter)
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #606 (isolation #66) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:25 pm

Post by Amb »

Unvote; Vote Yellowbounder
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #607 (isolation #67) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:26 pm

Post by Amb »

Now a ranger wrote: As you all can see, my vote is still on YB, and I haven't moved it. I was just saying there might be a tiny chance he's not scum
Now lets see how much of a door you left yourself if he is town...

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”