The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:56 pm

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

StallingChamp wrote:Woah, woah woah! That post of TCS reeked of scumminess to me. Comments in bold.
The Central Scrutinizer wrote:Ask StallingChamp to read my posts in isolation and then tell you if I'm scum.

First of all, why was I dragged into this? Also, I have already said you look VERY scummy. I don't care for your posts in isolation when your posts in context stick out.

pete d, yellowbounder, machiavellian-mafia, now a ranger, does your flavor include a
reason
that you came to McDonald's?

What gives you the right to deduce that we should, in essence, mass-claim? Assuming you are a 'nilla (which is quite the stretch to begin with), what tells you that they may or may not have a reason even if you do or don't. I mean, if the powerroles are managers, for example, it may not say "You are at McDs to work".

Amb, who did you target last night?

Sorry, but why does this matter right now? I think its safe to assume it was either me or Glork, since we led the lynch on DoS. Glork claimed Survivor, make what you want of that, and the town seems to be accepting that, at least for the time being. Maybe I'm being egotistical here (correct me if I am), but I think I am almost 100% confirmed town for how I busted DoS. So if the town accpets that both probable targets are town, why not let Amb keep the target hidden, at least for now?
1. Because I'm reasonably certain you are vanilla town, and I have left at least one not-so-subtle clue about the explicit content of my role pm.

2. We've basically mass-claimed already. Where were you?

3. I think that Amb's claim of who he protected would help us sort out who is lying about their cop-role and who is not. And it's not like he'll die any sooner for it, assuming his claim was true.

But I'm reasonably sure it's PP anyway.
unvote, vote: PP

I think Glork's recommendations are good. Obviously if PP comes up cop, we have to wonder about Glork and Dean. But I don't think she will.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:16 pm

Post by DeanWinchester »

Glork wrote:Guys, the play at this point is to lynch PP.

If she's town, FrAt should vig Dean, Amb should protect FrAt, and the scums will very likely kill Amb.

If she's scum, FrAt should do as he pleases, Amb should protect one of FrAt/Dean, and the scums will still likely kill Amb.

Vote: Pink Princess
. Sorry, dear. I still love you.
This is a bad I deal. I think she is going to come up town. I think she is either a naive or paranoid cop.
What if she comes up town, but we get her role as a parnoid or naive cop? what do you propose we do then?

Before we go to night I want to hear from the other poeple that we havn't heard from for awhile. Pete D, and the two replacements.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:01 pm

Post by Glork »

DeanWinchester wrote:This is a bad I deal. I think she is going to come up town. I think she is either a naive or paranoid cop.
What if she comes up town, but we get her role as a parnoid or naive cop? what do you propose we do then?
Okay, this says one of a couple of things to me?
A) You're a scumbag and you know she's going to turn up town, so you're trying to pre-emptively cover your own ass.
B) You're horribly mistaken, and you've conjured this idea that she's pro-town out of your own imagination.

I want to know exactly
why
you think that PP is a naive or paranoid Cop. Saying "I think she's going to come up town" does not mean anything to anybody. At first, you were suspicious of her claim. Just because she explains her "flavor" does not mean that her claim is automatically legitimate.

TCS wrote:Obviously if PP comes up cop, we have to wonder about Glork and Dean. But I don't think she will.
I'm curious to know why you'd want to go after me. Any mafia player with a shred of talent or understanding will tell you that if the town is ahead of pace (as we are, with one scumbag dead and no townies dead), then in the event of a counterclaim, you *always* lynch the player who claimed first.
A scumbag has very, *VERY* little to gain by counterclaiming a legitimate cop. (Meaning Dean is very unlikely to be a cop.)
A second scumbag who is going down has *EVERY* reason to out a cop by claiming to be one if they know they're being lynched anyway. (Read: PP's claim now means nothing, since she was probably trying to out another power role before she got lynched.)

I'm only stating the most sensible, logical play; the
correct
play for
the town to make
. Yet you still seem in opposition to it, and to me in general. I'm becoming even more convinced that you're a Lyncher, and that I am your target. And I hate to break it to you; if that's the case, and the scumbags die, and the town has to decide whether to lynch you or me... I'm the one who's finding the scums, and you're the one who's sitting here going, "Don't listen to Glork, I think he's gambiting!"
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Pink Princess
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Bloodthirsty Babe

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:20 pm

Post by Pink Princess »

So I basically guessed the cop claim? Interesting how I was able to fake claim pretty much the exact role that you were apparently given. Pretty impressive of me.

First point. I think it would be very stupid for scum to counterclaim a real cop. It's like trading youself in to lynch the cop for no good reason, so I can't understand why Dean would counterclaim cop in a non lynch or lose situation if he were scum. To pretend that I was naive or paranoid when I do come up cop and hope that validates your claim? But no one is going to buy that crappy strategy, so I don't get it.

But that doesn't change the fact that I know my role, and Dean just tried to claim it almost exactly. So I'm willing to be lynched if Dean is scum and gets busted.

And I guess I only have one point. No second point.
Glork wrote:Vote: Pink Princess. Sorry, dear. I still love you.

It's okay, I forgive you. You're still my favorite.
DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:24 pm

Post by DeanWinchester »

The way she specifacly described her flavor.
She is a manager that checks there pockets.

There won't be two real active cops, we can agree on this right?
I know I'm the real cop.(I believe the health inspector checking some ones belongings will get a better read than a manger that checks there pockets.)
So PP is either lying or she is a paranoid/naive cop.

I don't think she is lying because she specifically mentioned that she checks pocket, which seems to perfectly mirror that I check the persons belongings. She is also a manger and this seems like it could definetly be the flavor for a paranoid/naive cop.

Do you believe it is possible that their is a real cop and a Paranoid/naive cop?
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:19 pm

Glork wrote:
DeanWinchester wrote:This is a bad I deal. I think she is going to come up town. I think she is either a naive or paranoid cop.
Okay, this says one of a couple of things to me?
A) You're a scumbag and you know she's going to turn up town, so you're trying to pre-emptively cover your own ass.
B) You're horribly mistaken, and you've conjured this idea that she's pro-town out of your own imagination.

I want to know exactly
why
you think that PP is a naive or paranoid Cop. Saying "I think she's going to come up town" does not mean anything to anybody. At first, you were suspicious of her claim. Just because she explains her "flavor" does not mean that her claim is automatically legitimate.

TCS wrote:Obviously if PP comes up cop, we have to wonder about Glork and Dean. But I don't think she will.
I'm curious to know why you'd want to go after me. Any mafia player with a shred of talent or understanding will tell you that if the town is ahead of pace (as we are, with one scumbag dead and no townies dead), then in the event of a counterclaim, you *always* lynch the player who claimed first.
A scumbag has very, *VERY* little to gain by counterclaiming a legitimate cop. (Meaning Dean is very unlikely to be a cop.)
A second scumbag who is going down has *EVERY* reason to out a cop by claiming to be one if they know they're being lynched anyway. (Read: PP's claim now means nothing, since she was probably trying to out another power role before she got lynched.)

I'm only stating the most sensible, logical play; the
correct
play for
the town to make
. Yet you still seem in opposition to it, and to me in general. I'm becoming even more convinced that you're a Lyncher, and that I am your target. And I hate to break it to you; if that's the case, and the scumbags die, and the town has to decide whether to lynch you or me... I'm the one who's finding the scums, and you're the one who's sitting here going, "Don't listen to Glork, I think he's gambiting!"
The flaw in your logic would be that I agree with you about lynching PP. The rest of your post is just you covering your own ass in case she comes up town.
possibly
comment."
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:20 pm

DeanWinchester wrote:The way she specifacly described her flavor.
She is a manager that checks there pockets.

There won't be two real active cops, we can agree on this right?
I know I'm the real cop.(I believe the health inspector checking some ones belongings will get a better read than a manger that checks there pockets.)
So PP is either lying or she is a paranoid/naive cop.

I don't think she is lying because she specifically mentioned that she checks pocket, which seems to perfectly mirror that I check the persons belongings. She is also a manger and this seems like it could definetly be the flavor for a paranoid/naive cop.

Do you believe it is possible that their is a real cop and a Paranoid/naive cop?
You know what?
unvote
possibly
comment."
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:34 pm

Regardless of who we lynch today, a cop should investigate now a ranger. Zarvok dropped two scumtells and NAR's posting hasn't been exactly helpful to the town.
possibly
comment."
Frozen Atlantic
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:18 am

Post by Frozen Atlantic »

Seeing as I was damn close to advocating a PP lynch regardless of her cop claim, know I'm firmly on board now that there's a counterclaim.

I think I'm a higher priority protect than Dean, although Amb should totally do what he wants on that end and give no hint of where he's going. I think we need to do a thorough read through and post our opinions before we go to night.

TCS - Seriously, quit trying to direct night actions to lurkers. It's scummy.
Sucking at Mafia does not make you a townie.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:26 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Here's a Vote Count:

Pink Princess- 2 (Amb, Glork )
Yellowbounder- 2 (Machiavellian_mafia, now a ranger)

TheCentralScrutinizer- 1 (DeanWinchester)
NAR- 1 (pete d)

Not voting (5): StallingChamp, Pink Princess, yellowbounder, Frozen Atlantic, TCS.

6 to lynch.
Blank.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:29 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Prodding yellowbounder (last post on the 18th).
Blank.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:36 am

Frozen Atlantic wrote: TCS - Seriously, quit trying to direct night actions to lurkers. It's scummy.
Whatever. Here, I'll just
FoS:Zarvok/now a ranger
and let the cop come to their own conclusions. I'm sure it's so much less scummy now.

1. Zarvok voted for DoS. (Scum voting scum page 1 tell?)

2. Zarvok defended DoS for no apparent reason.

3. NAR's posts in this thread are contentless, unhelpful spam.
possibly
comment."
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:37 am

Furthermore, I don't understand how my attempting to direct night choices is so much scummier than Glork doing the same thing.
possibly
comment."
now a ranger
now a ranger
Goon
now a ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:11 am

Post by now a ranger »

How can you expect a person who replaces another to know what the previous person was thinking?

1) Random votes aren't scum tells. If you think they are, then all random votes are scum tells, so why pick out that one?
2) Townies can be wrong sometimes. They might not know if someone's pro-town or not. They might think someone who is scum isn't.
3) I haven't posted, as I have concentrated on other games, and I'm still reading this one slowly. The only time I posted was when Glork told me how bad I was. I mean cmon, no one likes to be insulted.

Anyways, here is what I think of the game so far of every person.

Pete D: seems like he doesn't know what he's talking about and accuses people without stating a good reason why. calls everyone scummy, although he is in fact acting very scummy. He also pressures a lot of people for no apparent reason. I have no idea why he voted on me. He said he voted on me for reasons previously mentioned.... and he didn't even state any reasons. Dragon voted on Pete to make him close to lynch, but maybe that was to rid Pete of suspicion later?

TCS : Seems to want everyone to claim, when in actuality he just claimed town, which could be false. Anyone can claim town, so what's the point of claiming that? I don't see why he said that Amb protects PP in his supposed plan in post 405. Maybe it was just to say that he is town because Glork voted on him, but that's really not a defense at all.

Amb: hasn't posted any content. Her posts seem lurkerish from the beginning to end, and asks stupid questions. Seems to want to do whatever Glork or anyone else wants to do. I doubt she's scum, as she immediately followed Frozen Atlantic when FaT first voted on DoS. She seems more like a newcomer who just does whatever the rest of town wants to do. I don't understand why she unvoted on DoS in post 155 when DoS had 4 already. very suspicious

DeanWinchester: short posts, not meaningful. doesn't act very pro town. If PP's not scum, Dean might be

PP: seems like she's playing too meticulously/ carefully, maybe because she doesn't want to give any scum-tells? She's a newbie also, so it's not uncommon for people to act this way. OR, she could have a power role, and be like, oh I'll wait to do my business tonight.

StallingChamp: lurkerish, seemed really on to Amb at one point. Very possible scum. Tried to vote on Amb and get her lynched instead of DoS when DoS was just a few votes away from Lynch. Not until the end did he seem wanting to lynch doS.

Glork: seems really pro-town . Is it possible that he is a scum who comes up innocent to investigators? Maybe that's why he said that he'll come up innocent if he's inspected.. Why did he claim? I think I might have missed something.

A lot would be told if Amb was lynched, as we would know what side Amb was on, as many people have been really wanting to lynch her in the game. Others haven't been so on the Amb-lynch train.

FaT: seems to think for sure PP and Michevilan are 100% town, but why so?

Yellowbounder: didn't want to lynch DoS . Somehow said that he thought DoS seemed pro-town. Why on earth would he think that? asked AMb what her result was after night 1, which was plain stupid and scummy
StallingChamp
StallingChamp
Goon
StallingChamp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:58 am

Post by StallingChamp »

now a ranger wrote:StallingChamp: lurkerish, seemed really on to Amb at one point. Very possible scum. Tried to vote on Amb and get her lynched instead of DoS when DoS was just a few votes away from Lynch. Not until the end did he seem wanting to lynch doS.
Is it just personal bias, or is this a load of crap?
Show
[color=red][b][i]GO SENS GO[/b][/i][/color]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5295]Mini 441[/url] - Night 2

High School Mafia coming soon to a Mini Theme Queue near you!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:18 pm

Post by Glork »

Mod:
I figured I should point out this thread... NAR was found to have two alts, cokebottle and kardkraizee, both of which attempted to sabotage games in different ways. Consequently, Mith has deactivated the accounts and suggests that NAR get replaced in his games. So yeah, looks like you need to find another replacement.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:23 pm

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

I'm currently buying both cop claims at the moment because I wouldn't think scum would go on a suicide mission to out the cop and the cop counterclaimer DW even thinks PP is another kind of cop.

Also NAR is pinging more frequently on my scumdar, and he didn't mention me in his analysis even though he said he's going to talk about every person.

On another note about NAR, he's apparantly involved in a multiple accounts problem:
viewtopic.php?t=5032

And I'd like to hear from yellowbounder or get a replacement for him because he's still my top suspect at the moment.
The end justifies the means.
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:25 pm

Just got Sarnath'd by Glork regarding now a ranger's issues
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:07 pm

Post by Amb »

Unvote; Vote Now A Ranger
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:06 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

now a ranger will be replaced.
#greenshirtthursdays
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:47 am

Post by yellowbounder »

The Central Scrutinizer wrote: pete d, yellowbounder, machiavellian-mafia, now a ranger, does your flavor include a
reason
that you came to McDonald's?
Answering this question is a tiny bit like claiming, is it not?
Or at least this is trying to understand patterns in Role PMs.
Machiavellian-Mafia wrote:yellowbounder - one of my top scum suspects. Generally unhelpful to the town: seldomly expressed his suspicions on scum, goes off topic in some of his posts, seems to be confused a lot, and most recently made one-liner posts, which in my view is lurking in plain sight.
I've said what I think, and tried to express my views to the town. I don't have very many. I'm an off topic sort of person, but I don't really see where this is coming from. Is it wrong to ask questions?
now a ranger wrote: Yes, Yellowbounder is on the top of my scummy list too!
Vote: Yellowbounder
This post is almost immediately afterwards. It consists of: "Yeah! What he said!". Seriously, what?
now a ranger wrote: Yellowbounder: didn't want to lynch DoS . Somehow said that he thought DoS seemed pro-town. Why on earth would he think that? asked AMb what her result was after night 1, which was plain stupid and scummy
DoS didn't seem scummy to me. But please remember that we are now looking back with the crystal clear glasses of hindsight, and thus what seems obvious now, didn't seem obvious then.*

Frankly I am unimpressed by now a ranger's play,
Vote: now a ranger
(and that stays when he is replaced, obviously).

* If I wanted to raise a fabulous WIFOM argument I would, but I don't think you could use WIFOM as a defense.
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:55 am

yellowbounder wrote:
Machiavellian-Mafia wrote:yellowbounder - one of my top scum suspects. Generally unhelpful to the town: seldomly expressed his suspicions on scum, goes off topic in some of his posts, seems to be confused a lot, and most recently made one-liner posts, which in my view is lurking in plain sight.
I've said what I think, and tried to express my views to the town. I don't have very many. I'm an off topic sort of person, but I don't really see where this is coming from. Is it wrong to ask questions?
Being off topic is not protown play because it's unhelpful, distracts the town from scumhunting, and makes the poster seem to be posting some content when they really aren't. Also it's not wrong to ask questions, but you are asking so many questions to the extent which makes me believe you are an overcautious scum who wants everyone else to say the right things for you instead you making definitive statements yourself.
StallingChamp
StallingChamp
Goon
StallingChamp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:35 am

Post by StallingChamp »

yellowbounder wrote:DoS didn't seem scummy to me. But please remember that we are now looking back with the crystal clear glasses of hindsight, and thus what seems obvious now, didn't seem obvious then.
I don't have time to reread the part in question, but were you not sure about DoS before or after I commented on him?
Show
[color=red][b][i]GO SENS GO[/b][/i][/color]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5295]Mini 441[/url] - Night 2

High School Mafia coming soon to a Mini Theme Queue near you!
DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:36 pm

Post by DeanWinchester »

We should not vote NAR right this minute and see what the replacement has to say.
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:52 am

Post by yellowbounder »

DeanWinchester wrote:We should not vote NAR right this minute and see what the replacement has to say.
There was a time where I replaced another guy, and because of his actions, everyone thought I was scum, despite actually being a townie.

I suppose I've been there, so maybe I'll
Unvote: not a ranger
but
IGMEOU: not a ranger's replacment

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”