NY 164: Maniacal Street Mafia (Anticlimatically finished.)

mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #5175 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:42 am

Post by mastin2 »

Bulbazak is at L-1!

<<< Seanald and Bacde have been prodded. Four additional warnings for activity have been sent. You guys need to pick up the pace. >>>

One-Hundred-Thirty-First Votecount
:
(Thirteenth Votecount of Day Four,
AKA, the "Perfectly timed for a votecount." votecount.
)

Bulbazak - 7 (Nero Cain, ThAdmiral, Seanald, CrashTextDummie, Desperado, Human Destroyer, Rena)

Rena - 3 (ffullisade, Cephrir, Nachomamma8)

ThAdmiral - 1 (Bacde)
Nero Cain - 1 (Bulbazak)
Cephrir - 1 (PeregrineV)

Not Voting - 2 (Amethyst Kitty, penguin_alien)

With
alive, it's
to lynch.

Day Four's deadline is Wednesday, July 31st, @ 12:30 PM PST, which is in (expired on 2013-07-31 12:30:00).

Spoiler: Changes from last votecount
Bulbazak - 7 (Nero Cain, ThAdmiral, Seanald, CrashTextDummie, Desperado, Human Destroyer, Rena)
Rena - 3 (ffullisade, Cephrir,
Nachomamma8
)
PeregrineV - 0 (
Nachomamma8
)
ThAdmiral - 1 (Bacde)
Nero Cain - 1 (Bulbazak)
Cephrir - 1 (PeregrineV)

Not Voting - 2 (Amethyst Kitty, penguin_alien)
Last votecount was page 207, post 5154.

Spoiler: Player Vote History D4
CrashTextDummie: Nero Cain->Bulbazak
Cephrir: Rena->PeregrineV->Rena
Nachomamma8: PeregrineV->Rena
PeregrineV: Nachomamma8->Cephrir
Nero Cain: Bulbazak
Bacde: Nachomamma8->ThAdmiral
Bulbazak: Nero Cain
Desperado: Amethyst Kitty->PeregrineV->Bulbazak
penguin_alien: Rena->Unvote
Seanald: Bulbazak
ThAdmiral: Bulbazak
Rena: Bulbazak
Amethyst Kitty:
ffullisade: PeregrineV->Rena
Human Destroyer: Bulbazak->ThAdmiral->Bulbazak

Spoiler: Vote History D4
On Wed, Jul 7/10/13 @ 07:28a,
Human Destroyer
votes
Nachomamma8
in post 4831.
On Wed, Jul 7/10/13 @ 10:11a,
Nero Cain
votes
Bulbazak
in post 4832.
On Wed, Jul 7/10/13 @ 10:15a,
Bacde
votes
Nachomamma8
in post 4833.
On Wed, Jul 7/10/13 @ 02:24p,
Bulbazak
votes
Nero Cain
in post 4836.
On Wed, Jul 7/10/13 @ 02:33p,
Cephrir
votes
Rena
in post 4838.
On Thu, Jul 7/11/13 @ 02:26p,
PeregrineV
votes
Nachomamma8
in post 4867.
On Thu, Jul 7/11/13 @ 05:18p,
Nachomamma8
votes
PeregrineV
in post 4870.
On Thu, Jul 7/11/13 @ 06:04p,
CrashTextDummie
votes
Nero Cain
in post 4871.
On Fri, Jul 7/12/13 @ 08:38a,
Desperado
votes
Amethyst Kitty
in post 4879.
On Fri, Jul 7/12/13 @ 08:10p,
ThAdmiral
votes
Bulbazak
in post 4899.
On Sun, Jul 7/14/13 @ 04:25p,
Seanald
votes
Bulbazak
in post 4937.
On Mon, Jul 7/15/13 @ 00:12a,
penguin_alien
votes
Rena
in post 4942.
On Mon, Jul 7/15/13 @ 04:10p,
ffullisade
votes
PeregrineV
in post 4960.
On Mon, Jul 7/15/13 @ 04:15p,
Cephrir
votes
PeregrineV
in post 4961.
On Mon, Jul 7/15/13 @ 05:05p,
Desperado
votes
PeregrineV
in post 4965.
On Mon, Jul 7/15/13 @ 07:22p,
CrashTextDummie
votes
Bulbazak
in post 4966.
On Wed, Jul 7/17/13 @ 09:30a,
penguin_alien
unvotes
Rena
in post 4998.
On Wed, Jul 7/17/13 @ 04:18p,
Desperado
unvotes
PeregrineV
and votes
Bulbazak
in post 5018.
On Thu, Jul 7/18/13 @ 09:10a,
Human Destroyer
unvotes
Bulbazak
and votes
ThAdmiral
in post 5029.
On Thu, Jul 7/18/13 @ 12:57p,
Bacde
votes
ThAdmiral
in post 5044.
On Thu, Jul 7/18/13 @ 01:20p,
ffullisade
votes
Rena
in post 5046.
On Thu, Jul 7/18/13 @ 02:41p,
PeregrineV
votes
Cephrir
in post 5051.
On Sat, Jul 7/20/13 @ 07:48a,
Human Destroyer
unvotes
ThAdmiral
and votes
Bulbazak
in post 5129.
On Sun, Jul 7/21/13 @ 00:46a,
Cephrir
votes
Rena
in post 5136.
On Mon, Jul 7/22/13 @ 11:34a,
Rena
votes
Bulbazak
in post 5142.
On Mon, Jul 7/22/13 @ 01:12p,
Nachomamma8
votes
Rena
in post 5159.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5176 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:50 am

Post by CrashTextDummie »

In post 5130, Bulbazak wrote:CTD, it's like you're purposely being obtuse. Scum wouldn't want to NK me. I never said that they wouldn't want to get me lynched, especially since that'd be the only reason to leave me alone during the night phase. Any actual research into any game I've ever played in will tell you that this is the case (except for Newbie 1337, where I apparently JK slipped and was killed n1). And my reads have nothing to do with who is or isn't on my wagon, especially since I've been clear about my reads since the beginning, and have been calling the same people scum all game.
Your wording was unclear then. "Keep around as long as possible" is pretty much the opposite of "try to lynch at the earliest opportunity". I think it's believable enough that you were talking about NK though, so I'll drop this point.
In post 5166, Nachomamma8 wrote:I have literally no idea why Rena is not being instantly lynched at the moment, though. ThAd was blocked and Rena was blocked last night. ThAd's power is easily confirmable once he actually uses it (AKA he's not going to live if he keeps getting blocked OR Rena flips town), Rena's power is not. There's absolutely no reason for KK to protect Bulbazak last night, no reason for him to be antitown as fuck and block ThAd. Meaning Rena is lying about being blocked and needs to be lynched pretty badly.
Hate this post a lot. I disagree that there's no reason for KK to protect Bulba, but that's not why I hate it.

Nacho suggests that ThAd should be lynched if he keeps getting blocked, but his entire point here is that ThAd was blocked and Rena was not, so there should be no reason to assume that he won't be blocked in the future (unless Rena flips roleblocker herself). If we lynch Rena and she flips town, we actually make it easier for scum to block ThAd because they have one PR less to juggle. Nacho also suggests that ThAd should be lynched if Rena flips town, which is convenient as fuck if my suspicions are true that scum blocked Rena last night.

Even if you can't fathom that KK had a hand in this, there are possibilities for both claimed PRs to fail that don't involve two scum roleblocks (mafia doc on Bulba, ThAd lying about his target, etc.).

Nacho is basically setting up lynches on both our claimed power roles.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5177 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:51 am

Ffullisade, I'm quoting this again because I'd actually like a response.
In post 5121, CrashTextDummie wrote:Ffullisade, I'm quoting this because I think you might have missed it:
In post 5116, CrashTextDummie wrote:Ffullisade, it seems to me like your case against PV largely depends on Bulba flipping scum. At least your primary reason for suspecting him (herding votes onto Slandaar) does in my opinion. Please consider moving your vote there.
Even if you think Rena is scum, why does her being on the Bulba wagon make you dislike it? Multiball, etc.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #5178 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:04 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

CTD, what are your reads?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #5179 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:05 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 5176, CrashTextDummie wrote:mafia doc on Bulba, ThAd lying about his target, etc.
i don't really think mafia doc would protect bulba-town and i think bulba is town.
i don't think ThAd is lying about his target.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5180 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:12 am

Post by Human Destroyer »

In post 5138, Bulbazak wrote:HD, if you don't think that ThAd is the vig., are you saying that he's lying about targetting me, and if so, for what purpose? What does that tell you about my alignment?
1. Yes.
2. To pretend he's a vig. Duh.
3. Nothing.
Are you ready for this?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #5181 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:13 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 5176, CrashTextDummie wrote:Nacho suggests that ThAd should be lynched if he keeps getting blocked, but his entire point here is that ThAd was blocked and Rena was not, so there should be no reason to assume that he won't be blocked in the future (unless Rena flips roleblocker herself). If we lynch Rena and she flips town, we actually make it easier for scum to block ThAd because they have one PR less to juggle. Nacho also suggests that ThAd should be lynched if Rena flips town, which is convenient as fuck if my suspicions are true that scum blocked Rena last night.
Any power role should be lynched if they "keep getting blocked". You understand the reasoning for that, don't you? I also believe that Rena and ThAd didn't just happen to both get blocked last night because that doesn't make any sense at all; you can say "oh, maybe KK protected Bulbazak or mafia doc protected Bulbazak" but I believe that those situations are unlikely; I don't think that KK would target Rena or Bulbazak or ThAd last night, and I find it unlikely that there is an additional blocking role to one scum roleblocker, and I don't find it likely that scumdoc would be targetting bulbazak over their own buddies (since I find it highly unlikely bulbazak is scum) when there is a vig and an opposing scumteam to worry about.

Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5182 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:16 am

Post by Rena »

Isn't it a bit risky for hypo-scum (unlike to be lynched) to keep claiming no result on claimed town PRs?
V/LA at the weekend, except for modding duties.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #5183 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:17 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

not if they have a watcher power

Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5184 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:19 am

Post by Rena »

That would be a pointless role for scum, other than to confirm themselves as town.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #5185 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:19 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

or to hunt the other team
or to look for power roles

Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5186 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:20 am

Post by Rena »

Brain fart. You get the name of person who targetted aswell. I can see how that would work.
ffullisade
ffullisade
Goon
ffullisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5187 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:30 am

Post by ffullisade »

In post 5177, CrashTextDummie wrote:Ffullisade, I'm quoting this again because I'd actually like a response.
In post 5121, CrashTextDummie wrote:Ffullisade, I'm quoting this because I think you might have missed it:
In post 5116, CrashTextDummie wrote:Ffullisade, it seems to me like your case against PV largely depends on Bulba flipping scum. At least your primary reason for suspecting him (herding votes onto Slandaar) does in my opinion. Please consider moving your vote there.
Even if you think Rena is scum, why does her being on the Bulba wagon make you dislike it? Multiball, etc.
I am actually not sure how much Mollie and I are in agreement about Bulba. She was scum-reading him on day 3. I wasn't. But, we are very much in agreement that Rena is scum.

I see two p much mutually exclusive reasons for Peregrine to try and get votes onto Slaandar
if he is scum
. He could have been other-team hunting. Or he could have been protecting Bulba.

I think it is the former because he's now pushing a theory that there are more scum among the neighbors in his recent posts. Though it could be an indirect effort to scare up some Seanald votes, I guess.

You are right that Rena could be other-team hunting. That doesn't mean she's correct. And a scum-read placing the L-1 vote sets off an alarm or 3.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5188 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:37 am

In post 5179, Nachomamma8 wrote:i don't think ThAd is lying about his target.
But you think ThAd should be lynched if he keeps getting blocked.
Nachomamma8 wrote:CTD, what are your reads?
Scum:
Nero
Bulba

Higher likelihood of being scum:
Seanald
PV
Nacho

Lower likelihood of being scum:
ThAd
Despo
Human Destroyer
Penguin Alien
Cephrir

Town:
Rena
Bacde
AK
Ffullisade

Based on interactions, I suspect the top end of this list to be populated mostly by red scum. Probably some blue scum in the lower likelihood pile. ThAd has been bumped down because his fake-out actually makes some sense as a town play. Cephrir has been bumped down because I think his play has looked rather town recently. Rest of those players I haven't really been paying a lot of attention to in while.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #5189 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:43 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 5188, CrashTextDummie wrote:But you think ThAd should be lynched if he keeps getting blocked.
Yes. If ThAd doesn't manage to get off his shot off by the time we're getting down to the wire, he should probably be lynched. I don't think he'd be lying about his target as town.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #5190 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:43 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Why do you find Rena town?

CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5191 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:45 am

In post 5181, Nachomamma8 wrote:Any power role should be lynched if they "keep getting blocked". You understand the reasoning for that, don't you?
Of course I do, that's how these things go.That's why I don't think it's a good idea to eliminate the only player who has the potential to stop scum from blocking ThAd indefinitely. If we have another night where both ThAd and Rena fail to produce results, then we can talk.

Talk me through it again why you don't find it feasible that KK targeted Bulba, a claimed VT and a strong town read for him (the two primary factors in JK targeting). Keep in mind that there was in fact an attempt to kill him.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #5192 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:49 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 5191, CrashTextDummie wrote:Talk me through it again why you don't find it feasible that KK targeted Bulba, a claimed VT and a strong town read for him (the two primary factors in JK targeting). Keep in mind that there was in fact an attempt to kill him.
Because it would be unlikely that scum would shoot him and there's no reason he would attempt to protect Bulba against ThAd while ThAd was trying to prove himself.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #5193 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:50 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 5191, CrashTextDummie wrote:If we have another night where both ThAd and Rena fail to produce results, then we can talk.
Would be happy with saving Rena for another day. Unfortunately, Rena is the only not-bad lynch with support right now and people have proven themselves to move very, very slowly in this game.

ffullisade
ffullisade
Goon
ffullisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5194 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:02 am

Post by ffullisade »

In post 5193, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 5191, CrashTextDummie wrote:If we have another night where both ThAd and Rena fail to produce results, then we can talk.
Would be happy with saving Rena for another day. Unfortunately, Rena is the only not-bad lynch with support right now and people have proven themselves to move very, very slowly in this game.
Who would you rather see lynched?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #5195 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:04 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

PV. Seanald.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #5196 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:04 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

CTD also no longer makes me happy like he used to.

Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5197 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:12 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 5195, Nachomamma8 wrote:PV.
Seanald.
^That makes me angry.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #5198 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:13 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

yeah i'm sorry babe.
don't get mad at me and lynch a townie for no reason because of your anger.

CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5199 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:14 am

In post 5183, Nachomamma8 wrote:not if they have a watcher power
What's your theory here exactly? Rena is a watcher who's scumbuddies with a roleblocker who targetted ThAd, and she claims to have targeted him as well with no result?
Nachomamma8 wrote:Why do you find Rena town?
I thought fuzzy's play was consistent with having a power role and reasonable enough for a player who seemed to be under time constraints/unable to keep up with the game. I don't remember any action of his that strongly indicated scum, though admittedly I haven't looked at his ISO in a long time. To my knowledge, Rena hasn't done anything heinous either (except under-contribute, which in her case is more likely the result of her never really getting into the game but sticking around because she drew a PR, than of her being scum, in my opinion). And although it's been a long time ago that I remember playing with her and her meta has changed considerably, her thought-processes and mannerisms still remind me of her town play.

Bottom line though, I trust her claim.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”