Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2150 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 7:32 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 2148, TiphaineDeath wrote:this guy.
"This guy?" Who are you referring to?

BNB, this is an example of an inaccurate post. I don't know TD's motivations for finding the above scum, and having to ask for 'this guy' irritates and annoys me.

I generally don't like being mindfucked and having to ask the followup question to a role that should be eager to feed me information, hence I don't find TD town.

TD: explanations on your reads?
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2151 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 7:38 am

Post by Mac »

I see Ghost; didn't get a pedit. However the point still stands, surely you should find them null instead of scummy if there is literally nothing pinging your scumdar?

and mollie, why is Majiffy so quiet? I'd expect him to be preaching about how scummy I am by now.
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2152 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 7:46 am

Post by BeautyAndTheBeast »

he is taking more of a backseat for now and letting me do my thing. the further the game goes along if we are still alive, he will take over more. and I think he trusts mine and nacho's read on you
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2153 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 9:11 am

Post by ² »

hi guys.

I disagree with the varsoom=scum arguments. Still think The Reverend is town. If anything he's improved on the read he inherited from svenskt.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2154 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 9:17 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 2151, Mac wrote:I see Ghost; didn't get a pedit. However the point still stands, surely you should find them null instead of scummy if there is literally nothing pinging your scumdar?

and mollie, why is Majiffy so quiet? I'd expect him to be preaching about how scummy I am by now.
I didn't, in any way, shape or form state they were scummy.

I think you're getting a hang up that the 'I can't read you' list is hanging around near the scum list, which is probably bad list design, but that list shouldn't be determined in the scumpile...they're people I can't read.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2155 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 9:59 am

Post by ² »

In post 1914, Varsoon wrote:It's interesting that both sides of 2 didn't say anything when I asked who they thought was scum.
They didn't mind quoting other posts of mine, though.
I know I've been away for some pages, but I'm going to catch up with posts now.

There are two possibilities with respect to why I didn't answer it. Either I felt like I had already stated who my scum reads were prior to your question (the most likely explanation), or I simply didn't notice the question.

I'll have to catch up with the game now and talk to f about reads but then I'll try to remember to make a post containing my reads.

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2156 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 10:01 am

Post by ² »

In post 1923, Nachomamma8 wrote:you said that word and i loved it because it explains so much
It's a somewhat important term in developmental psychology too. I've used it in one of my papers ;D

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2157 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 10:02 am

Post by ² »

In post 1925, Metal Sonic wrote:andrius town

broseidon leaning town

ghoslin leaning town

2, nacho varsoon cabd strong town
Metal, could you give explanations for your reads? From reading your posts I'm under the impression that they are made up ad hoc merely to give others the impression that you're active and that you're reading the thread when you actually aren't.

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2158 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 10:06 am

Post by ² »

In post 1930, TiphaineDeath wrote:Third paragraph of 1785 is a scum claim.

He's making himself sound unthreatnening, pandering to town interest, after forgetting that his counterpart claimed tracker/miller he is now making sure that all take notice. There is just so much subtle deflection in this post it does the opposite for me.

The paragraphs above are saying wifom is ok and not a big deal while at the same time inspiring a whole load of it is also bad. These kind of tactics are the same i often use as scum to great effect, thus I can spot them.

"happy to try" "Prove my alignment" "curious" these words are still in the, "look at me I am a happy team playing townie" vein of speech. While maintaining the stance that he's not angry at anyone who thinks he is scum.

1793 is more of the same.

"Simply hoping you'd save me the bother"
"form my own read"

Every word out of this mans mouth is trying so damned hard to be town he cannot possibly be.

I am completely certain that MS is scum, however given that no on else is I'll lift my vote on him to vote reverend, I maintain that anytime anyone wants to vote ms I'll be right there with them.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: reverend
This does look town-motivated. TD was also the one noticing Metal's infamous 1-min read IIRC. Will talk this over with f.

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2159 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 10:09 am

Post by ² »

In post 1932, Nachomamma8 wrote:And let's talk about TD some more because his recent posts are really really town even though I don't necessarily agree with them.
You were probably right about him -_-.

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2160 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 10:10 am

Post by ² »

In post 1934, TheReverend wrote:Nah I'm not self voting. You're wrong TD.
You'll see my flip soon enough
What do you mean with the bolded part?

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2161 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 10:15 am

Post by ² »

In post 1944, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 17, Metal Sonic wrote:^

Agreed.
Sort of liked this post because it was a connect with someone else who trolls around a lot.
In post 757, Metal Sonic wrote:nacho town

freezerguy town

orc town

vassoon town

beautybeast town

mac town

tiphaine scum

sven troll
In post 1153, Metal Sonic wrote:varsoon still town

cabd quite town

ghostlin leaning town

rach town

sajin leaning town

aj the epic leaning scum

broseidon leaning scum too i guess
In post 1388, Metal Sonic wrote:I'll give reasons after the posting dies down. 50 pages(1000+ posts) in 72 hours, please no its torturous

2 getting scummier

aj leaning town now

ghostlin town

mac stil town

reverend a+ slip contradiction strong

beast leaning town

andrius town

also good luck with reading john or whoever had to read 50 pages

cabd and guy in freezer very town right now
In post 1394, Metal Sonic wrote:ok i just iso'd tiphaine

except for #901
the rest of his posts are shit

yep scum

VOTE: TiphaineDeath
In post 1397, Metal Sonic wrote:TMT is a null-leaning-town

except for his atrocious name
In post 1925, Metal Sonic wrote:andrius town

broseidon leaning town

ghoslin leaning town

2, nacho varsoon cabd strong town
What I see here is a blatant, blatant lack of opportunism. I think scum in Ms's position would be a *tiny* bit opportunistic, but nope.
Could you elaborate on the supposed lack of opportunism? What I see is a whole bunch of arbitrary reads thrown out there to make us think he's actually reading the thread. I think he'd do this every time he's scum and sometimes when he's town.

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2162 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 10:21 am

Post by ² »

In post 1946, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 756, Metal Sonic wrote:24 hours and it is from page 1 to page 31

Damn it.
In post 757, Metal Sonic wrote:I skimmed the whole 700 page of wall
In post 1153, Metal Sonic wrote:god damn 16 pages in 8 hours
In post 1388, Metal Sonic wrote:I'll give reasons after the posting dies down. 50 pages(1000+ posts) in 72 hours, please no its torturous
In post 1783, Metal Sonic wrote:3 hours and only just 1 post

we're making progress!
This is definitely the feel of a townie who is struggling to keep up with the thread. I can see scumSonic left behind in thread and annoyed about it, but I'd expect him to use being behind as a bit of an excuse, but he hasn't at all ever. He just complains because the game goes too fast.
Why is complaining about the pace of the game alignment indicative? The only thing I can think of is that scum metal perhaps would not do the complaining when he's also faking reads because that would create attention on the fact that he's faking his reads, but that's really stretching it.

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2163 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 10:39 am

Post by ² »

In post 1978, Aj The Epic wrote:I'm not going after you, though. If Nacho continues to believe your scum, he has some reading to do yet.

If Nacho remembers, the reason I got a hydra with him in the first place is because I have issues in large games. This is how I play large games, I try to find one or two people and go from there because I can't manage all 20 in my head. This is why I'm going after one at a time. In a 9 player game, i can find scum easily because I have an easier working to go through. I think in pictures and visuals so generally I look for a web of connections. That's a challenge in a 20 player game. (And it doesn't work when half the game is quiet). That's why I tunnel.

Bro, you skimming or scum? You missed a ton of points I expected you to find and hit recently. (This is what separates Andrius to Bro... Andrius is actually catching the main points).

2 is town. That last discussion with nacho cemented it. Nacho, your points were almost mirrored. Get over it, that read is wrong.

TmT is scum. Everyone knows it.

MS is still not useful if not scum. He needs to at least admit to not reading anything.

Actually, Rach is more town than anything to me. One thing I notice from a lot of games is scum wait until their target posts to vote for the target player. Rach didn't do that, which suggests a more certain freedom in action. That's more town than anything else.

(It's pretty obvious that some of Nacho's town reads are right, including Cabd, Mac)

B&B is town. The 'empathetic mollie' does not exist here. That alone is enough, but they've also got a good synergy and their reads generally seem to add up to what the other thinks. Synergy in a hydra is a towntell especially when posting independently because it means they're actually looking.

Varsoon can drop back down the ladder again. He wants me to be scum, is unhappy with my play, but sheeped me on my first post. He still hasn't played all that solid and he almost drew in Rev to be modkilled.

I like Ghostlin. I don't know what problem you guys have with him, but his posts play better than a lot of people's posting. They've gotten better, are more in touch, and he also agrees with me on TmT (which is, of course, immediate town points).

Sajin is town, has been that way forever.

This is what leads me to believe that scum is simply lurking. Bro, TmT (Both my major scum reads) are lurking. This is a common theme for many not on my list. Lurking. It's not the people posting (but perhaps Varsoon) that are scum so much as those who can't post anything worth reading.
From what I can tell, there is a lot of thought behind this post. I havn't been paying close attention to f and Nacho's talk regarding AJ, but he'd have to be a really good scum player for this to not be town-indicative in my opinion.

He is very wary of what's going on as evident by many of his reads. The explanation for why he's tunneling is also one I can relate to; I do a similar thing when I play in larger games. I tend to only pay attention to a handful of people and then work my way through the pool as the game progress and I get more strong reads.

He noticed that Bro isn't
really
reading the thread, which is a lot of work to do to get some town cred if you're a scum who just wants to identify easy targets for a mislynch.

He seems to have looked into the details of the conversation between f and Nacho regarding him.

I agree with his read regarding MS (either not useful or scum, and certainly not reading anything).

He also locks some town reads (i.e. Cabd and Mac) which I think most scum players in his position wouldn't do.

His view of Varsoon is very much in line with mine in that I'm not convinced Varsoon is town. I don't think him almost drawing Rev to be modkilled is alignment-indicative, though, and if it is it probably is more likely to suggest that he's town than scum.

In summary: I don't know what conclusion f and Nacho reached, but I think that for AJ to be scum he'd have to be a really, really dedicated and deliberate scum player.

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2164 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 10:43 am

Post by ² »

In post 1991, Mac wrote:you & 2 are my strong scumreads.
Mac, why are you reading us as scum again? I've put aside my emotions and frustration and will do my best to walk you through any thought process related to posts that you think are scum indicative.

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2165 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 10:46 am

Post by ² »

In post 2004, Aj The Epic wrote:
In post 2002, ² wrote:
In post 1978, Aj The Epic wrote:2 is town. That last discussion with nacho cemented it.
Nacho, your points were almost mirrored
. Get over it, that read is wrong.
heh

that is not and should not be a point that pushes his read of us townward.

- f
Isn't it Mollie who always says "Town thinks/moves in groups"? Or something cheesy like that? I personally don't believe it, but hey. Your points were both very similar, but at the same time different in small aspects. You're thinking on the same wavelength as Nacho unless you basically c/p'd the post he had, and I doubt you did that given the comments after.
This underlines my previous statement regarding AJ paying closely attention to the content of posts.

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2166 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 10:48 am

Post by ² »

In post 2008, TheReverend wrote:I'm reading varsoon's ISO and I'd like to rephrase that last comment...

varsoon is scum and it's obvious as shit.
Could you explain this a bit more?

- b
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2167 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 10:54 am

Post by TheReverend »

In post 2139, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:and rev you are fine Image
Aw thanks, glad this isn't punctuated!
In post 2160, ² wrote:What do you mean with the bolded part?
I mean what it says. I don't expect to be alive in this game for long. I was lazily defending vs TD, the "you'll see you're wrong soon" defence. I can't be btohered to fight my corner to be honest, I feel my time is better spent trying to scumhunt.
In post 2166, ² wrote:Could you explain this a bit more?
More fluffy questions. Again, it means exactly what it implies. I think varsoon is scum, I ISO him, as I read through, my scumread strengthens significantly. The language he uses. The manner in which he attacks people, and defends himself. The relentless townclaims. The shrugging off of awkward questions. Why don't you read his ISO and see if it becomes obvious to you?
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2168 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 10:55 am

Post by ² »

In post 2015, TheReverend wrote:
Spoiler:

In post 136, Varsoon wrote:I'll claim town,
hey guys.
Why townclaim first post?
In post 210, Varsoon wrote:Oh, I'm just town. I'm not gonna claim any more than that, because then I'm doing scum's work for them.
Weird thing to say.
In post 210, Varsoon wrote:I'm not really convinced you're scum or town right now, Sven. Leaning more town than scum, but who knows?
Fence sitting on miller issue.
In post 210, Varsoon wrote:Don't worry so much about that, Orcinus. I'll be playing pretty regular town today with a bit of sleuthing if I find time for it.
More pointless town talk. This is still only his 2nd post, how many times has he said "town"?
In post 210, Varsoon wrote:Not putting a vote anywhere since I don't feel strongly enough to do so.
Still 2nd post.
In post 210, Varsoon wrote:VOTE: TiphaineDeath
Yeah still 2nd post.
In post 221, Varsoon wrote:Regardless, I'm not going to think of you as miller-tracker, but as Sven, the maybe-town-guy.
Not 2nd post any more! Still fence sitting on miller.
In post 241, Varsoon wrote:I'm always town. And never any cool roles, like Monado-wielder.
He really wants to emphasise his alignment, doesn't he?
In post 256, Varsoon wrote:I'm a girl, too. Girl-power, I guess.
Girl claim? Your profile says male! Obviously I'm not suggesting this is a scumtell, but it confuses me all the same.
In post 675, Varsoon wrote:@Sajin: You're probably scum, since you can't figure out anything from what I've posted so far and you're so quick to dismiss me as a useless fluffer of radio noise or whatever wiki-able word you're using this time. You've also been perched pretty conspicuously all game. Who remembers that Sajin is even in this game, off the top of their heads? Not I.
But, really, it makes me sad that you're so cruel, since I can only read you as a town jerk or scum trying to suffocate a weaker voice.
Scum claim harder please.
In post 675, Varsoon wrote:@Beauty&Beast: Think you're reading too much into things, also, I think it was GIF that you should attribute the "is that really a slip" to, rather than me. I could be wrong here, but, eh. Otherwise, I really like your performance in this game, so you're town in my books.
HARDER I SAY.
In post 675, Varsoon wrote:@Orc: Man, what do you have against me? I'd rather be your friend.
Ooh that's good, that's real good.
In post 675, Varsoon wrote:Anyways,
VOTE: Orcinus_theoriginal

You're too infallible and it doesn't sit right. Town should be more skeptical of you.
Oh man that's the one, perfecto.

I can't be bothered to keep walling. Everything I read from varsoon gives me weird vibes. This is scum.
I find the 3rd last and last quote of post 675 to be the most convincing, but I'm not entirely sold. His play style reminds me of a style a guy in my very first game played. I thought he was scum and mistakingly pushed his lynch.

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2169 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 10:56 am

Post by ² »

In post 2018, ² wrote:but, that hilarious plan to post role PMs for comparison was...wow. hard to see that coming out of a scum team.
This is what I pointed out earlier when commenting on AJ's wall-post fwiw.

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2170 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 11:15 am

Post by ² »

In post 2036, TiphaineDeath wrote:Wow, just wow.

vote varsoon

I hereby formally apologize rev, I think I was wrong about you.
I expect others will be asking you about this in the subsequent posts.

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2171 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 11:16 am

Post by ² »

In post 2039, TheReverend wrote:I have TD as town because his attack at me felt genuine. He might just have fooled me, sure, but I'm sticking with him in town pile for now, especially with his shift to varsoon
Rev, would you not agree that his shift to varsoon could also be an opportunistic one? I didn't like the "Wow, just wow" comment, it didn't look particularly sincere to me.

- b
TiphaineDeath
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2172 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 11:17 am

Post by TiphaineDeath »

this guy is rev, I'm pretty sure I have explained every read I've given :/. Still feeling like crap, give me a specific person and I'll explain again.
Chaos, Panic, Disorder, my work here is done.

Credo-Supra-Veritate
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2173 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 11:21 am

Post by ² »

In post 2048, Varsoon wrote:I've never read town write "Wow, just wow."
Scumslip.
This is how I feel about it and it hurts deep inside what I told Nacho wrt TD some posts ago.

- b
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2174 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 11:21 am

Post by TheReverend »

In post 2171, ² wrote:
In post 2039, TheReverend wrote:I have TD as town because his attack at me felt genuine. He might just have fooled me, sure, but I'm sticking with him in town pile for now, especially with his shift to varsoon
Rev, would you not agree that his shift to varsoon could also be an opportunistic one? I didn't like the "Wow, just wow" comment, it didn't look particularly sincere to me.

- b
In post 2039, TheReverend wrote:Cabd, you think TD is bussing varsoon here? I'd be more inclined to look at TD in the event of a varsoon town flip, though tbh I'd expect to die very fast if that were to happen. I have TD as town because his attack at me felt genuine. He might just have fooled me, sure, but I'm sticking with him in town pile for now, especially with his shift to varsoon. But if varsoon were to flip town, his vote would then be very opportunistic, and would rightly deserve scrutiny.
The answer to your question is in the post of mine you quoted. I can't help feel your trying very hard to make it look like you're probing.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”