Newbie 1368 - Will there ever be a title? (GAME OVER)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 9:37 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

Candi, given the logic displayed above, what could Grim post that could make him look townie?

Grim posts scummy: He's posting scummy! He's scum!
Grim posts townie: He's posting townie, which he did when he was scum! He's scum!

See the problem with that logic?
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 9:38 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 198, Syryana wrote:
In post 173, Grimgroove wrote:Candillan, Crandaja, Ravenpaw are in my top 3 scumreads. I'm planning to give a full reads list (probably tomorrow) of every player here to clarify this. Need to IC some more people.
I assume you mean ISO, not IC? I will be interested to see your cases.
Yes, tomorrow or the day after.

In post 174, Grimgroove wrote:
In post 171, Crandaja wrote: This and the ridiculous yes vs. yep paint you as a scum.
Since shaboostein is being replaced, and this really rubbed me the wrong way:
Shaboostein is not being replaced yet, I don't think? What rubbed you the wrong way about Crand's post?
edosurist asked for a replacement in the Newbie-queu. What rubbed me the wrong way: see post

In post 179, Grimgroove wrote:PS: This post gave me massive scumvibes. Hard to put my finger on why it does, but I'll try to elaborate later.
Do elaborate. I liked that post.

It felt like trying to get a piece of both sides of the argument, trying to soothe both me and Crandaja. The fact that if I would use the "yes yep" thing later in the game is entirely irrelevant (I didn't and will not), yet he's adding it. If find this addition very odd, and the motives I see: 1. He's trying to make up for his "buddying" towards me (calling me town while nobody else does, there's even disagreement on how similar I act compared to the previous game from what I gather, yet he's claiming that I do behave the same. Even I disagree with that, given the negative attention I have not been entirely able to get into the game as much as I'd like to) by awkwardly showing others I'm not outside of his scope of criticism. 2. As I personally feel this entire yep-yes thing has been dragging on long enough, I also see it as an easy way to come off as a sensible guy who sees both sides of the story. Too easy and with no added value. Why do you like it so much?

In post 180, Grimgroove wrote:So much to do! I guess I should be glad activity is so low here. What is it with you guys? It's even worse than before, on top of RachMarie and shaboo being their usual inactive selves, Ravenpaw seems to have decided to join them and also Syryana seems less involved than last time.
What conclusions do you make about the lack of activity from myself and Raven?
Makes you less trustworthy than I would like. I for one don't see why Candillan puts you in his main townreads. In the previous game (even though I had more info) it seemed much more evident to put you on the townpile. Same goes for Ravenpaw.

In post 180, Grimgroove wrote:Why is it a bad thing to pressure you? If you're town, pressure brings out the town in you. There's no need to be so sensitive to someone trying to pressure you.
Starting from the second sentence you're dismissing what I said with mere hollow phrases but you did not prove that my argument does not make sense. It does. I would not have used the scumtell-approach if I would know for a fact it's not true, because I'd know well enough that there'd be the theoretical possibility it would come bite me in the ass in case I did. It makes absolutely no sense to do this as scum: the risk of it flying back into my face far outweighs the supposed benefit of pressuring someone you know is town based on a false argument. If you know it's a false argument, you know the pressure is not going to ammount to anything. I didn't know it was a false argument, and therefore used it until shown otherwise.
There is a scumslip in here. Town points to whomever finds it!
I don't see it, but I'm sure there's an explanation :mrgreen:

Don't see Candillan's scumslip either.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 9:42 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 199, Candillan wrote:
Funny call on Grim, I missed it.
Did you actually find it or are you pretending you did?
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 9:45 am

Post by Grimgroove »

I find the "of course" part in Candillan calling Homer and Syryana town odd. There's very little that is evident about the statement, unless speaking from the perspective of scum knowing who's town.
Not calling this a slip myself, but I could imagine Syryana's talking about this?
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 9:46 am

Post by Candillan »

In post 202, Grimgroove wrote:
I did find something. Not sure if it's what he found, though.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 9:47 am

Post by Grimgroove »

Why don't you try me? There's town points in it for you.
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 9:50 am

Post by Candillan »

In post 203, Grimgroove wrote:I find the "of course" part in Candillan calling Homer and Syryana town odd. There's very little that is evident about the statement, unless speaking from the perspective of scum knowing who's town.
Not calling this a slip myself, but I could imagine Syryana's talking about this?
No, I think it's what I pointed out.
I said "Also, I was town that game."
While I said that to give LnGrrrR perspective on my point, Syryana probably saw that as "I was town that game" implying I'm not town this game.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 9:57 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 199, Candillan wrote:Oh, I know what you're talking about. The "I was town that game".
I was letting him know that I was town in 1335, to give him perspective. Would it have been different if I had said "I was town that game, too."?
Yes, it would have. You don't get town points for finding your own scumslip!

Oh, did you find that one too?

I am town, Syryana. What are the odds of me/Grim being scum together twice in a row?
1. I personally don't find our interactions suspicious.
2. Those odds are extremely low.
3. I'm still town.
This is quite possibly the most awful rebuttal I've ever seen. Sorry, but good lord. Of course you don't find the interactions between the two of you suspicious. Appeal to probability confirms your alignment.

Why have I been having trouble producing reads this game? It's because I'm trying to look at interactions, and I'm seeing too many potential scumteams to be healthy.
Or you're scum, and you're not wanting to call any of us town because you need to mislynch people. Besides, finding teams is a complete waste of time on Day 1.

Why did you vote me on the "slip", but not Grim?
I flipped a coin.

Why do you like LnGrrrR? All I see in that post where you said you liked him is him subtly buddying you.
Because his posts come from a town mindset.

If you see self-meta as dumb, why didn't you pressure Grim on that?
It probably got lost in the walls or I wasn't paying attention.

UNVOTE:
Forgot I was still voting Shaboo. I think he's being replaced, as he hasn't posted yet. He also has posted in other games, though~

If I was to make a reads list at the moment, it would look like this:

TOWN
Syryana/Homer
Raven
LnGrrrR/Crand/Grim
SCUM
I forgot to ask, why are me and homer town again?

Shaboo and Rach haven't posted nearly enough for me to get a read on them.
In post 203, Grimgroove wrote:I find the "of course" part in Candillan calling Homer and Syryana town odd. There's very little that is evident about the statement, unless speaking from the perspective of scum knowing who's town.
No. I'm also rather disappointed you didn't attack Cand's last post.
In post 204, Candillan wrote:
In post 202, Grimgroove wrote:
I did find something. Not sure if it's what he found, though.
Let the rest look for it. Neither of you are getting points for finding scumslips.
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 10:03 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 207, Syryana wrote:No. I'm also rather disappointed you didn't attack Cand's last post.
Of course, Caesar. Next time I'll try not to dissappoint you in the arena.
PS: you just asked the same question to Candillan (why he thinks you and Homer are town), yet you dismissed my post where I did it with a simple "no".
This makes me a hurt gladiator :(
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 10:05 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 208, Grimgroove wrote:PS: you just asked the same question to Candillan (why he thinks you and Homer are town), yet you dismissed my post where I did it with a simple "no".
This makes me a hurt gladiator
I dismissed it with a no because I thought you were saying that was the slip. You also didn't directly ask Cand about it.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 10:07 am

Post by Grimgroove »

I did it twice indirectly on this page alone, before you seem to have thought about it. And there's no reason to think an indirect question is worth less than a directly asked one, everyone's supposed to read everything and my questions were obvious.
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 10:16 am

Post by Candillan »

No, I called the two of them town earlier this game because the way they've been posting rings town to me.
LnGrrrR wrote:Candi, given the logic displayed above, what could Grim post that could make him look townie?

Grim posts scummy: He's posting scummy! He's scum!
Grim posts townie: He's posting townie, which he did when he was scum! He's scum!

See the problem with that logic?
It's not just "him posting townie", it's "him posting the same way he was posting last game". There are different ways to act townie, LnGrrrR.
Syryana wrote:
In post 199, Candillan wrote:Oh, I know what you're talking about. The "I was town that game".
I was letting him know that I was town in 1335, to give him perspective. Would it have been different if I had said "I was town that game, too."?
Yes, it would have. You don't get town points for finding your own scumslip!

Okay, I understand. And I wasn't trying to get town points, I was trying to explain my wording. :P

Oh, did you find that one too?

I thought I did, but I realized I just misread the quote. >_>

I am town, Syryana. What are the odds of me/Grim being scum together twice in a row?
1. I personally don't find our interactions suspicious.
2. Those odds are extremely low.
3. I'm still town.
This is quite possibly the most awful rebuttal I've ever seen. Sorry, but good lord. Of course you don't find the interactions between the two of you suspicious. Appeal to probability confirms your alignment.

Yeah, it was awful. I'm running on two hours of sleep in the past forty-eight hours, and I'm tired. I don't find it suspicious because I know I'm town. Probability was a dumb thing to use, but cmon, the odds are low. Do you find our interactions suspicious?

Why have I been having trouble producing reads this game? It's because I'm trying to look at interactions, and I'm seeing too many potential scumteams to be healthy.
Or you're scum, and you're not wanting to call any of us town because you need to mislynch people. Besides, finding teams is a complete waste of time on Day 1.

I'm not trying to do that. Looking at interactions is the basis of scumhunting, right? That was the basis of the case on Crand, and it's what Thor taught me in 1335.

Why did you vote me on the "slip", but not Grim?
I flipped a coin.

Better than throwing darts at our names. (Re: 1335)

Why do you like LnGrrrR? All I see in that post where you said you liked him is him subtly buddying you.
Because his posts come from a town mindset.

And mine aren't? How do you know they come from a town mindset?

If you see self-meta as dumb, why didn't you pressure Grim on that?
It probably got lost in the walls or I wasn't paying attention.

Oh. Now that you know/realize, will you push him on that?

UNVOTE:
Forgot I was still voting Shaboo. I think he's being replaced, as he hasn't posted yet. He also has posted in other games, though~

If I was to make a reads list at the moment, it would look like this:

TOWN
Syryana/Homer
Raven
LnGrrrR/Crand/Grim
SCUM
I forgot to ask, why are me and homer town again?

Your posts ring town. You did ask this earlier, and I think I responded?

Shaboo and Rach haven't posted nearly enough for me to get a read on them.
pedit:
I'll read that in a few minutes.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 11:11 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

Candy, are there any posts in particular that stand out as townie from Homer/Syr?

And I don't expect Grim to change the way he posts just because his scum game might be similar to his town game. I know I would be annoyed if someone suggested I change my posting style just because I happened to be scum in a game.
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 11:53 am

Post by Candillan »

I'm not asking him to change his posting style.
Syryana is stating scumreads and actively scumhunting. Read any of his posts for examples.
Homer, right off the bat, voted Syryana for vote-hopping. That's quite a legitimate reason, and it made me feel good vibes.
Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 6:11 pm

Post by Edosurist »

mkfuba07 replaces shaboostein.
Crandaja has asked to be replaced.
UPDATE
: imkingdavid replaces Crandaja.

Candillan wrote:Homer, right off the bat...
Not sure if anybody else read that the same way I did...
The name's Edosurist. People call me Edos.
I'm back from hiatus (again), so please don't make me leave again (x4) by calling me
Edo
Edoist
(pronounced E-do-ist or e-DOIST? I'm not quite certain), or
Endoperson

Wiki (will eventually get updated) | Looking for a reviewer for a 24-themed (slightly) bastard mini.
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 6:45 pm

Post by imkingdavid »

Hi guys, I'm in for Crandaja. Please give me a bit to catch up and post my thoughts.
Naughty little fly, why does it cry? Caught in a web, Soon you'll be...
eaten!
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 7:06 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

Syryana, you forgot to reply in your eagerness to dismiss my percieved scumslip from Candillan. Also, when it comes to scumslip, the one you pinted out from Candillan is dissappointingly weak. When I think of "scumslip" I think of something scum would say that would incriminate close to 100%. Like a reference to a QT for example. Not something that can be interpreted in any way, or which simply consitutes a choice of formulation. Scumslips are about meaning, not formulation.

Not happy with Crandaja replacing out like that, but warm welcome to the two newcomers! Let's get this game more active.
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 7:59 pm

Post by imkingdavid »

Well, I'm about halfway through reading page 5 and it's 3 am, and I can't think straight right now. I keep reading the same sentence three times and not processing what I'm actually reading. So I'm going to bed. I'll be sure to post my thoughts tomorrow when I'm more awake.
Naughty little fly, why does it cry? Caught in a web, Soon you'll be...
eaten!
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 8:03 pm

Post by Candillan »

I'm sorry that you have to read through the meta discussion, blegh.

@Grim, I think that scumslip was quite the nice catch, actually. Unfortunately, it wasn't actually a slip.
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 8:04 pm

Post by Candillan »

In post 214, Edosurist wrote:
Candillan wrote:Homer, right off the bat...
Not sure if anybody else read that the same way I did...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Wow, that's hilarious
homertve
homertve
Goon
homertve
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 9:16 pm

Post by homertve »

I like the way Grim analyzes things. It gets him some town points in my view (BTW, Syryana, where's the scumslip in Grim's post? I can't find it). However, I didn't understand this part:
I think the "of course" part is just a reference to a previous post, in which he said this:
In post 118, Candillan wrote:I am seriously trying to gather reads, but I've been terrible at it this time around. I do seriously see Homer and Syryana as townie, though. I was leaning town on you, but your jumping on this case is making me doubt that somewhat. It seems a wee bit too convenient.
Also, if you really saw this as being so scummy, why aren't you voting me?
Rach, I'm still waiting for an answer to the question I asked you in .

imkingdavid and mkfuba07, welcome! As soon as you catch up, I want to here your thoughts on the game so far.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 2:29 am

Post by Grimgroove »

At Rach, also respond to post please. Seemed like an untargeted shot in the dark and a post you thought about before the game really started. In a case where the context would be right, this would make you look town, but now it doesn't really add up to anything that was going on in the topic. There was a meager string of RVS votes and that's it.

@LnGrrrR: How do you feel about me thinking you're buddying? What cases have I made so far that were as sensible as the "Title Pending" game that make me lean town for you?
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 2:31 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 216, Grimgroove wrote:Syryana, you forgot to reply in your eagerness to dismiss my percieved scumslip from Candillan. Also, when it comes to scumslip, the one you pinted out from Candillan is dissappointingly weak. When I think of "scumslip" I think of something scum would say that would incriminate close to 100%. Like a reference to a QT for example. Not something that can be interpreted in any way, or which simply consitutes a choice of formulation. Scumslips are about meaning, not formulation.
Of course you think it's weak. He's your scumbuddy. And what did I forget to reply to?
In post 218, Candillan wrote:I'm sorry that you have to read through the meta discussion, blegh.

@Grim, I think that scumslip was quite the nice catch, actually. Unfortunately, it wasn't actually a slip.
If you buddied me any harder...
In post 220, homertve wrote:I like the way Grim analyzes things. It gets him some town points in my view (BTW, Syryana, where's the scumslip in Grim's post? I can't find it). However, I didn't understand this part:
I think the "of course" part is just a reference to a previous post, in which he said this:
In post 118, Candillan wrote:I am seriously trying to gather reads, but I've been terrible at it this time around. I do seriously see Homer and Syryana as townie, though. I was leaning town on you, but your jumping on this case is making me doubt that somewhat. It seems a wee bit too convenient.
Also, if you really saw this as being so scummy, why aren't you voting me?
Rach, I'm still waiting for an answer to the question I asked you in .

imkingdavid and mkfuba07, welcome! As soon as you catch up, I want to here your thoughts on the game so far.
I will reveal Grim's scumslip later today. I was hoping to hear from the new people/Raven/Rach first. Also, Grim is very good at appearing reasonable and logical as either alignment.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 2:34 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 222, Syryana wrote:
In post 216, Grimgroove wrote:Also, Grim is very good at appearing reasonable and logical as either alignment.
Scumslip?
How would you know? You only knew me as scum in the previous game, and now you're supposedly assuming I'm scum as well.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 2:34 am

Post by Grimgroove »

Also, reply to post . don't see how you could miss it. It's on top of the page and in bright green.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”