Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Legacy (Game Over)

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2775 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:09 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@Kise - so now you're claiming they both wouldn't exist in one game because they're both so weak?
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2776 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:11 pm

Post by Kise »

They can exist. I personally find them useless roles to both be town, when town is up against a daykilling 3rd party on top of the mafia.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2777 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:11 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2772, Thor665 wrote:What's so awesome about your Neighborizer claim? Seems like there's some confusion about when your power triggers.
Wanna clear that up for me?

There's nothing "awesome" about me role. Its just that it was confirmed that I spoke with Tammy
LAST NIGHT
and all of Cherry, Kise, MOI are all like "you lie. You're lying getting it last night." Now Kise is slightly backtracking and saying that "oh you did speak with Tammy last night but now I think you're scum 'cause a messenger/nieghborier don't mix"
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2778 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:13 pm

Post by Kise »

You know I'm not backtracking you scummy raptor. It was pretty obvious you were a neighbor when Tammy outed your role.

Yet…
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2779 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:17 pm

Post by Kise »

In post 1684, Kise wrote:Forgive me if this is outguessing the mod, but we've got a cop, neighborizer and mailman... Due to there being a cop, the last two are pretty useless for town. I'ma say one of the latter two aren't town, therefore. I like Nero's play so far, and trying to guess thematically how these roles work, the neighborizing character would have to look friendly to others and not obv-evil. The messenger could be one of those mind reading types from Harry Potter... I'm guessing there's mind reading types anyway.

Always believed you were neighborizer. Don't even try it.

And as you can see in the quote above, I was at first on your side and thinking the messenger was scum because of my bias towards you. At this point, I have no proof of anything. It's personal input.

Your recent play has also had a hand in revealing you for the scum you are.

Yet…
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2780 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:20 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 2759, Nero Cain wrote:Didn't want to.

I'll be back later (running daughter to dance in 2 minutes) to more in depth describe why Nero's sudden explosion of posts is dripping with scummy goodness [preview - Trying to sell my suspicion of him as "I don't think he's a Neighborizor" when I clearly think he's a Scum Neighborizor, his flip flop on the Messenger (first he is only scum if the wrong person claims him, then suddenly he's confirmed Scum) among other elements) but the above is a direct Mafia claim.

10 Internet Pointz for the person who best describes exactly why it is a scum claim before I do. If no-one does then I keep those precious IP for myself.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2781 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:20 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Im starting to wonder if Mastin is just saying bullshit intentionally because he knows its expected of him.

I don't know MGS flavor too well. I skimmed Hal Emmrich online and don't see anything that makes him more/less likely to be a neighborizer. Either way, Nero is considerably less likely to be scum than other people.

@Thor: D2 can be summed up for you.

Mastin: Hey Nero lets be super best friends! Lets wagon Snifit
Nero: Snifit is fucking evil! Dieeee
Mastin: Oops ok maybe not Snifit. But I have pegged the entire scumteam ala wagon analysis
Nero: Ok going V/LA for eva
Benmage: Tammy is scummy
Tammy: Oh Benny, you are so cute and wrong
Benmage: Im a cop you idiot.
Tammy: Oh, well Im the Dayvig,
Shoot: Admiral

Admiral: I am le dead
Everyone:
Vote: Tammy

Acosmist: LYNCH ME YOU CUNTS
KK/Mastin: Lets not lynch Tammy! Anyone who disagrees is obviously scum.
Acosmist: VOTE ME YOU CUNTS
Mykonian: Guys Im fucking obviously scum. Also lets kill pidgey.
Kublai Khan: Anyone voting Tammy is still scum
Kise/Snifit/WrathChild/Pidgey: ... Tammy isn't dead yet?
Tammy: Guys Im
town!

Yates: *A whole lot of bullshit about Tammy being innocent*
Acosmist: YAAAAAAATEEEEEESSSSSSSSS
Zabriel: I dont wanna lynch Tammy because big-brother KK will think Im scummy. Acosmist is scum.
*Acosmist wagon grows. elscouta votes pidgey*
Zabriel: Hmmm, I dont like the Acosmist wagon, lets wagon pidgey instead. (Im probably Mykonians buddy)
MoI: Hi guys, Im replacing someone
Mastin: MOI IS SCUM. HE Is
NOT
playing to his town meta!!!
MoI: Intent to vote Tammy.
Mastin: MORE PROOF THAT MOI IS SCUM
MoI: *Good posting*
Mastin: MOI IS MISREPPING. 1v1 ME. IM A VT. I WILL SELF-VOTE.
MoI: :?
Mykonian: I forget whether or not I want Tammy lynched. What should I do?
Elscouta: I am le hammer.
Mastin: Faith in humanity: le LOST.

p-edit: Ok Thor is town. And Kise never backrtracked. The argument is about the timing of your role being processed.

The argument against Nero is that he is scum because his power is activating before the night phase ends. Which sounds like a mod error if he really is scum. I think Kise?/MoI? acknowledged that. Either way I don't care enough about that role spec for it to affect my Nero opinion.

PPedit: IP v4 or IP v6?
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2782 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:25 pm

Post by Kise »

Nomming you after the game for all the scummies.

@Nero what is your flavor?

Yet…
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #2783 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:25 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

Where have I attacked your role? The only mention of it I'm aware of making was commenting on your post saying kise was drop for saying a neighboriser confirms town.
Also that I'm not sure of why it would be instant - let me remind you I haven't read the game from before I replaced in. though how were you talking to Dead person last night? And how did she confirm that?
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2784 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:41 pm

Post by Acosmist »

I did not say "cunts"
Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2785 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:45 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2783, Cheery Dog wrote:Also that I'm not sure of why it would be instant - let me remind you I haven't read the game from before I replaced in. though how were you talking to Dead person last night? And how did she confirm that

So why haven't you read the game?

Tammy was still alive when I talked to her and she said as much in the thread. Last night is night 1 but I can see how that might be confusing.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #2786 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:57 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 2785, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2783, Cheery Dog wrote:Also that I'm not sure of why it would be instant - let me remind you I haven't read the game from before I replaced in. though how were you talking to Dead person last night? And how did she confirm that

So why haven't you read the game?

Tammy was still alive when I talked to her and she said as much in the thread. Last night is night 1 but I can see how that might be confusing.

because I can't be bothered dealing with 100 pages.

I did just ISO Tammy to find out what you were talking about though. It does appear that it was instant based of that.
It'll just have to be setup speculations for why that happens, and I have no idea, so I'm going to just consider it valid.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2787 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:26 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2782, Kise wrote:@Nero what is your flavor?

I have X codecs to give away.

In post 2575, Kise wrote:
In post 2558, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Nero wrote: its instant.

So you are a Town Neighborizor who can’t ever be blocked?

You must be connecting the dots like me.

I want Nero to confirm more town before I call for his head though.

This post looks like, to me anyways, MOI and Kise trying to claim that I was lying and that my role wasn’t instant/I did not receive a qt instantly and therefore I could not have talked to Tammy last night as we claimed.

In post 2758, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Hey look Nero has no time due to technical issues to makes posts yet is Johnny on the spot quick responding to Thor's "Who should I sheep" comment as if he's active lurking scum.

I also think these quick jabs like this come more often from scum then town.

In post 2780, MagnaofIllusion wrote:his flip flop on the Messenger

Lol no. Kise was already suspect for active lurking but his cheerleading an obvious bullshit case is derpy/scummy as fuck. Now he’s chain lynching or trying to buy the messenger some town cred by accusing me of being scum so it looks like he’s trying to buy some limited cred for his buddy.

Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2788 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:07 pm

Post by Yates »

In post 2776, Kise wrote:They can exist. I personally find them useless roles to both be town, when town is up against a daykilling 3rd party on top of the mafia.

So I haven't had a lot of time for Mafia lately but I've been reading.

I'm okay with doing this:
VOTE: Elscouta
and seeing where it leads. I believe that is L-2.
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2789 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:08 pm

Post by Yates »

Uh - I don't know why Kise was just quoted. That does not belong in the above post.
Please pm me to pre-in
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2790 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:17 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@Yates - should I sheep you, or are you being terrible? Feels like you might be being terrible...
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2791 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:22 pm

Post by Yates »

Partially terrible but mostly I think Fonz is scummy and I don't think I can get support on a Fonz lynch. Next best thing is a lynch Fonz opposes [plus Amrun is kind of scummy]. MoI has been pretty good - except maybe about you [MAYBE] - so I'm sheeping him until I can be less terrible. Feel free to sheep away.
Please pm me to pre-in
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2792 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:23 pm

Post by Yates »

Woah. I just did a game crossover. Ignore that last post. Proof I need to go to bed.
Please pm me to pre-in
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2793 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:25 pm

Post by Yates »

@Thor - don't sheep me unless you want to put Eloscouta at L-1. I feel like L-2 should be enough pressure to see if Eloscouta is scum or Town.
Please pm me to pre-in
Elscouta
Elscouta
Goon
Elscouta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2794 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:32 pm

Post by Elscouta »

Pressure for what?

I don't intend to change my mind or something.

If you have questions or requests for info, please tell, but "pressure"? for what?
I'm town. Please lynch someone else.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2795 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:14 pm

So this first post is dedicated to Nero.

First things first – I’m sad no-one wanted my Internetz points. So again, why is this reaction a Mafia claim?

Nero wrote:Didn't want to.

Let’s set the stage – Nero is an ‘instant’ Neighorizor who can start a Night only conversation with anyone he chooses and wants us to believe he is Town. Benmage’s claimed Guilty has resulted in the lynch of Serial Killer Tammy.

Now Nero has already stated that he was ambivalent to Benmage’s claim. He believed Benmage was either a Town Cop or a Mafia Rolecop.

Now that I’ve laid out the stage what should Town Nero interested in furthering his Wincondition done?

The correct answer is – Neighborize Benmage.

If Benmage is scum he gets a full Night to assess his reaction (or lack thereof) to questions and information in the QT. He can try to get Benmage to commit to a Night 2 scan target to assess his alignment based on that. He would be using his role to actually hunt scum.

If Benmage is Town it is also a Win for Town. Town Nero can get a full Night’s worth of reads from Ben. Ben can also tell him who he is targeting so that if Benmage survives the Night and gets an Innocent then a second player can know the result and Benmage doesn’t have to directly divulged it (and make said player a target for Nightkills) until it benefits Town, such as catching scum pushing on said Town player.

Hell the best case scenario is the Mod also provides “instant” results to Benmage making sure a potential guilty doesn’t die with him. I doubt this is the case but Town Nero shouldn’t have ruled the possibility out.

But Nero doesn’t recruit because “he didn’t want to”.

Now after the fact he’s now claiming it is a limited use ability (X-shot) as retroactive justification. Nevermind the fact that his “I’m a Confirmed Neighborizor” stance he’s been throwing about means he should be using his ability every night until it is exhausted since he ‘expects’ to be killed.

Nero chose the route you would expect from a scum Neighborizor who expects Benmage to die … not using his ability on him so it isn’t ‘wasted’.

Next up let’s look at his contradicting himself on the Messenger and their alignment

Nero wrote: Depends on who claims it.

His original response. Pretty clear what he is saying here … the Messenger isn’t someone who is automatically scum to him. Otherwise he would not have made his assessment dependant on the player.

Nero wrote: oh so the messenger is scum and you and MOI want to throw doubt on my confirmed role so the messenger can squeak by.

Oh wait … so now the Messenger is scum since you are Town. Why didn’t you know that earlier?

You get bonus scum points for continuing to float the concept that confirmed Role means confimed alignment when your claimed Role doesn’t in any way track as such.

Nero wrote: Once I flip town the messenger likely won't claim. But the only way I'll die is if I get shot (since it should be fairly obvious that I'm town) and you likely won't kill me Kise.

Should the messenger claim today?

Funny that only when brought into the spotlight does the line of thought come to you. Perhaps as if you understand if you are lynched before they have to claim they become hidden confirmed Town for whenever mass-claims happen?

Nero wrote: Lol no. Kise was already suspect for active lurking but his cheerleading an obvious bullshit case is derpy/scummy as fuck.
Now he’s chain lynching or trying to buy the messenger some town cred by accusing me of being scum so it looks like he’s trying to buy some limited cred for his buddy.

Yeah, you pretty clearly got nailed flip-flopping. But what I want to address is the bolded. The only way that sort of play gets whoever the Messenger is Town cred is if you flip scum. You flipping Town would actually damn them.

And you can’t get out of your own way here - you are both accusing Kise of wanting to chain lynch (aka lynch two Towns in a row) based on the roles and of Kise trying to “buy his partner Town cred”. Two accusations that are mutually exclusive. Cognitive Dissonance much?

On to more general topics
-

Nero wrote: So I shouldn't have given Ben the benefit of the doubt that he was town?

Certainly. Fact remains that your stance on Ben doesn’t make sense. No reason for a Mafia Role-cop to claim a Cop result Day 2 and risk being counterclaimed to get a Serial Killer lynched. He would have to explain why he lived long into the game even if he didn’t get counter-claimed immediately.

Now I could maybe buy you thinking he was an expendable scum Goon who was sent out on a Suicide mission when they shot Tammy and it failed (explaining the lack of Night 1 kill). But you didn’t go that route. You actively held you thought he could be a Mafia Rolecop.

Nero wrote: This is so cute.

So you are floating that you just happened to check the thread within and make that post within two minutes of Thor posting the question as a coincidence, huh?

Nero wrote: Thats it. *glares* I didn't want to claim since scum may not have been given safe claims but they prob were so...

Um lulz … that’s your excuse?

I'd also like to point out Nero has no response when he tried to call me out on mistaking his scum partners in Star Wars and got blasted in the face with the fact his partner was indeed on his Scum reads list (ShadowDancer) and his treatment of them is exactly as I described.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2796 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:22 pm

Also - why it makes little sense for a Town Neighborizor to instantly get results in a game designed with a Mafia Roleblocker. Otherwise the role would be unblockable and Nero has explicitly said his Role PM does not specify his ability as such. Unless the Mod, of course, wants to clarify (which Town Nero would have been doing the second this problem was brought up as he did in American Revolution Mafia ... he clearly didn't because he really doesn't care since he's not Town).

Even with the Mafia Roleblocker dead instant resolution tells both Nero and his target that no other blocking roles exist which is a poor Modding decision regardless of Nero's alignment but that does not 'clear' him.

Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #2797 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:27 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

I'm starting to get the impression that MagnaofIllusion could type up a case on why the mod is scum.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2798 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:37 pm

So I’m unsure on Thor. Town Thor should be sheeping me like he did in Amrun’s Policital game.

Thor – why did you not sheep my awesomeness and instead voted me?
You can make up for it by ThorHamming Elscumo when he gets to L-1. Claim your righteous power and win my trust back!

--

KK wrote: I'm starting to get the impression that MagnaofIllusion could type up a case on why the mod is scum.

Well when it is a xReckx game I’m sure that would come in handy.

Why the need to mudsling and discredit by inference? Watch out – mastin and nero will call you scum for doing that.

--

Kise wrote: zab is town once Nero flips scum.

I sense this is pre-my replace in. Please link me!

--

Els wrote: Pressure for what?

I don't intend to change my mind or something.

If you have questions or requests for info, please tell, but "pressure"? for what?

For rope of course. Cutting off your air supply and revealing a scum flip.

Two more votes should do it!

--

Mastin wrote: During deadlines, towns want a lynch, even if it goes against what they personally desire.

So when you said “I will not vote Tammy and would rather I get lynched than her” are you indicating you aren’t Town or are just absolutely terrible?

Mastin wrote: Except, Tammy wasn't scum. She was a town-mindset day-SK, which for all intensive purposes was acting like a dayvig. Claiming otherwise goes against all in-thread evidence, from her posts to her scumhunting style to her shots to her promises to her post-lynch posts, everything. She was shooting as if she were town.

Wow. I didn’t expect “She wasn’t scum” Newb response from you mastin. Scum is a term referring to all anti-Town wincondition roles. Like a Serial Killer.

You do understand that Serial Killers scum-hunt as part of their survival and thus pretending it was altrusistic is laughable, right?

LINK TO HER POST LYNCH POSTS THAT OOZED TOWN
! I want to see you justify that whopper.

Mastin wrote: Oh, I haven't forgotten. BC = WC, a consistent suspect of mine. Snifit = Cheery Dog, who while not a consistent suspect, has been in and out of the zone, and is currently on the wrong side of null.
There's a reason I've been pressuring them. And AP's also there. AP's currently on the town side of null, but he's dangerously close to being on the wrong side.

Nice Appeal to Fear .. too bad for you no-one has much to fear from your empty threats.

Go back to mudslinging rhetoric.

pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2799 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:44 pm

Post by pappums rat »

bump
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”