Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Legacy (Game Over)

pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2750 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:18 am

Post by pappums rat »

Thor665 replaces WrathChild effective immediately. Thanks again!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2751 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:28 am

Post by pappums rat »

Votecount 3.7

"I beg of you, grant me the strength to take this... final prey... let me linger in this world just a little longer. I have already slept enough for one lifetime... enough for an eternity, you have my thanks. I have to thank you... for waking me, if you hadn't shown up, my sleep would have been eternal... do you hear me, Snake? I am The End, I am here to bring you to your ultimate fate. You will make a fine quarry for my final hunt." -The End, Metal Gear Solid 3

Elscouta - 5 (Cheery Dog, Kise, Acosmist, AngryPidgeon, MagnaofIllusion)
AngryPidgeon - 3 (mykonian, Elscouta, jasonT1981)
Acosmist - 2 (Yates, Kublai Khan)
MagnaofIllusion - 2 (mastin2, Nero Cain)
Thor665 - 1 (PeregrineV)
mykonian - 1 (pidgey)

Not voting - zabriel, Thor665

Nero Cain, mastin2, PeregrineV, and zabriel are V/LA.

With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.

The deadline for Day 3 is 9 PM EST on November 30, 2012.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2752 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:56 am

Post by Thor665 »

Hey everybody - I'm replacing Wrath who replaced Blood.

Probably not going to read 100+ pages to offer reads.
And by 'probably' I mean 'definitely'

Who should I sheep?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2753 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:58 am

Post by Nero Cain »

me
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2754 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:59 am

Post by Thor665 »

Vote: MagnaofIllusion

Okay, why is he scum?
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2755 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:02 am

Post by Kise »

In post 2668, zabriel wrote:Kise, the tone of your last makes it seem like you've got a pretty strong read on somebody. Is this just sarcasm because sarcasm or is there an accusation here? And what makes Elscouta a better vote if you do have other suspicions?

Somebody who? Nero? No role related read if that's what you're asking.

In post 2670, Nero Cain wrote:First of all. The mafia roleblocker was dead before I sent in my action therefore he couldn’t have blocked me. He couldn’t block the daykiller since his action was likely to be night only. He couldn’t block the PGO since it’s a
PASSIVE
action.

My role doesn’t say anything about being unblockable but with the roleblocker dead and me receiving a qt within an hour then that means I now have an unblockable power.

If your role doesn't say anything about it, it's extra fishy that you get shit instantly. I don't think Ben would have got his result as soon as your powers kick in, and in fact I think Tammy said the secret messenger was sent to her at the END of night phase.

In post 2673, Cheery Dog wrote:I also don't see anything wrong exactly with Kise's 2666, looks like sarcasm.
2575 is very derp though. Neighborisers can't confirm town.

RE 2575: I'm not saying his power confirms town. His posts.

Hold up a second
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2756 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:03 am

Post by Kise »

In post 1642, Tammy wrote:No, neighborhood is night talk only, which leads me to believe scum probably don't have day talk either. I got the message at the start of day.

Start of the day, not instant like the neighborization

Fuck you guys, Nero is scum

unvote; vote nero

Yet…
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2757 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:10 am

Post by Kise »

In post 2573, Kise wrote:
@PV: Were you insinuating the cop had a guilty on WC?

Yet…
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2758 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:12 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Hey look Nero has no time due to technical issues to makes posts yet is Johnny on the spot quick responding to Thor's "Who should I sheep" comment as if he's active lurking scum.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2759 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:14 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2673, Cheery Dog wrote:I don't believe MoI has derped up in that post you quoted, I wouldn't have thought your actions would go through during the night either.

So you think that Tammy and I are running some "lolz gambit"?

In post 2674, Elscouta wrote:Kise is 100% town.

how so?

In post 2681, pidgey wrote:Nero LOL yeah because its a scum claim to say "Oh no the cop died" shut the hell up.

yea it is.

In post 2700, MagnaofIllusion wrote:I do know that fact. Do you know that regardless of that the Mod not waiting til the end of the Night to establish the QT communicates to you and the person you Neighborize that there are NO remaining blocking roles? Do you understand that this makes me suspect that your answer?

This doesn’t even make sense.
TAMMY CONFIRMED THAT I SPOKE WITH HER LAST NIGHT.
So this whole “Nero getting a last night is fishy but I’m just gonna pretend that Tammy didn’t confirm” looks like scum trying to discredit my
CONFIRMED
role.

In post 2700, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Here’s my question to clarify – does your Role PM specify your action is “instant”?

No

In post 2700, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Why didn’t you recruit last Night then?

Didn't want to.

In post 2700, MagnaofIllusion wrote:No, it isn’t “just simple logic”. You strongly felt Benmage could be a Mafia Rolecop but didn’t push Tammy to shoot him? Because Serial Killer Tammy shooting Scum Benmage would have been a Win Win for Town had your ‘suspicions’ been right and you were Town. If you answer was "I wasn't sure" ... whelp ...

So I shouldn't have given Ben the benefit of the doubt that he was town? Lol

In post 2700, MagnaofIllusion wrote:@Nero – What alignment do you think the Messenger is?

Depends on who claims it.

In post 2715, Elscouta wrote:"dipping my feet to taste the water",

You can use your feet to taste?!?

In post 2745, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Filter out my Town reads of
Angry
and
Cheery

Mind=blown
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2760 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:20 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Nero should name claim.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2761 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:25 am

Post by mastin2 »

AP wrote:Help us narrow down the Tammy wagon then.
At the absolute most number of scum possible in this game, the Tammy wagon would still be at least half-town.
The last votes on it due to deadline (that is, myk, Yates, and El) are actually the
least
suspicious. You know this trend all too well, with the all-town wagon in 1377 due to deadline. During deadlines, towns want a lynch, even if it goes against what they personally desire.

This is why I said that we gained nothing from the Tammy lynch. All the names on there before those last three were there for nearly the entirety of the day.
So when I say the Tammy lynch contains the entirety of the scumteam, I mean it.
But it's also entirely in the first seven.

As for myk being town, that read is entirely separate from MoI. I don't give a damn about MoI's scumreads. He could be bussing, he could be pushing town. Doesn't make a difference. He's scum.
I concluded myk was town on my own, entirely without MoI pushing him. I've explained the reasons before. Though it is possible to see myk as scum, it is far easier to see myk as town.

MoI wrote:Yes certainly no Town player would ever want a Scum player like Tammy lynched.
Except, Tammy wasn't scum. She was a town-mindset day-SK, which for all intensive purposes was acting like a dayvig. Claiming otherwise goes against all in-thread evidence, from her posts to her scumhunting style to her shots to her promises to her post-lynch posts, everything. She was shooting as if she were town.

MoI wrote:What people should also be considering is that Mastin is focusing on the Day 2 lynch (on scum) and not the Day 1 mislynch.
Oh, I haven't forgotten. BC = WC, a consistent suspect of mine. Snifit = Cheery Dog, who while not a consistent suspect, has been in and out of the zone, and is currently on the wrong side of null.
There's a reason I've been pressuring them. And AP's also there. AP's currently on the town side of null, but he's
dangerously
close to being on the wrong side.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2762 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:27 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2754, Thor665 wrote:Okay, why is he scum?

he's discrediting like a mofo. I'm a confirmed Nieghborizer and he's trying to throw water on it. He also came in the game and tried to discredit the cop.

In post 2758, MagnaofIllusion wrote:

Hey look Nero has no time due to technical issues to makes posts yet is Johnny on the spot quick responding to Thor's "Who should I sheep" comment as if he's active lurking scum.

This is
so
cute.

In post 2755, Kise wrote:If your role doesn't say anything about it, it's extra fishy that you get shit instantly. I don't think Ben would have got his result as soon as your powers kick in, and in fact I think Tammy said the secret messenger was sent to her at the END of night phase.

So your theory is that Nero scum nieghborized SK Tammy, convinced Tammy that we spoke last night but really didn’t? lol

I guarantee there’s scum in Kise, MOI, Cherry. This is the biggest derp I’ve ever seen on this site. All three are claiming that I really didn’t talk to Tammy last night.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2763 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:27 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2760, AngryPidgeon wrote:Nero should name claim.

Why?

AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2764 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:36 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 2761, mastin2 wrote:dangerously close to being on the wrong side.

Appeal to fear. Nice try to get me to sheep you though.

@Nero: It took Tammy ages to name claim. Does your fakeclaim not match your role?

MoI/Kise aren't arguing that you arent a neighborizer. I think they are arguing that you are a scum neighborizer due to setup spec. I dont necessarily buy that as I think that would involve sloppy modding.

When did Cheery claim that? I dont remember him talking about you, need to check.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2765 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:37 am

Post by Kise »

nvm, I see Els wagon picked up!

unvote; vote: elscouta

In post 2712, mastin2 wrote:
In post 2711, AngryPidgeon wrote:Anyone voting for pidgey seriously (or calling Amrun scum) is prob-scum
I'm going to flip this around and say anyone suspecting jason seriously and/or calling his slot scum is prob-scum.

Why?

AV's why. Look at where his nice juicy vote was placed and tell me that's a buddy-vote.

And then he bugged off to vote Yates without hard pushing jason. Not a good enough excuse for obvtown jason.

In post 2749, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Well no wagon has formed on lurker Zabriel as he is scum and other scum are making their presence actually felt in thread (mykonian and Esc).

I'm not sold on Yates as scum at this point. Yes, I get the DBZ "Yates making terrible arguments is scum Yates" read you have. I just am not on board with it at this juncture.

zab is town once Nero flips scum. I feel the same about Yates.

In post 2762, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2754, Thor665 wrote:Okay, why is he scum?

he's discrediting like a mofo. I'm a confirmed Nieghborizer and he's trying to throw water on it. He also came in the game and tried to discredit the cop.

If Thor doesn't check this out for himself, MoI would look scummy, sure. Thing is, you're leaving out details that MoI actually wasn't discrediting, he was verifying the cop claim. Please speak on HOW MoI is throwing water on your claim so Thor has a better idea of what you mean. You don't throw dirt quick enough.

In post 2762, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2755, Kise wrote:If your role doesn't say anything about it, it's extra fishy that you get shit instantly. I don't think Ben would have got his result as soon as your powers kick in, and in fact I think Tammy said the secret messenger was sent to her at the END of night phase.

So your theory is that Nero scum nieghborized SK Tammy, convinced Tammy that we spoke last night but really didn’t? lol

I believe you are an instant neighborizer, just not town. Why shouldn't the mafia's roleblocker have been able to block you?

Yet…
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2766 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:38 am

Post by mastin2 »

Thor, to answer your question:
In post 45, AurorusVox wrote:
Vote: Jason

Overreaction to Nero, terrible reaction to Zoro.

In post 47, AurorusVox wrote:Eh, replace Zoro with whoever he voted for claiming Snake. Acosmist?
The beginning of the MoI case is that AV, the flipped scum player, confused one of his scumbuddies claiming (Aco) with another (Zoro/MoI).

Though this was the beginning of the suspicion, it soon grew. Interactive tells between Kise (scum), Aco (scum), and Zoro (also scum) all pointed to them being tied together as a team.

More than that, his iso is, in a word, shit. Nothin. Zilch. Nothing good, but lots of bad.

Then, MoI came in, playing to his scum meta rather than his town meta. Instead of taking advantage of a ridiculously powerful role and using it to break the game wide open, MoI chose to lynch it, while simultaneously (as Nero has been saying) trying to discredit pretty much everyone off of the wagon--
And even took some shots at the cop, Benmage, to try and throw his credibility into doubt.

He continued to protect Aco and has been pretty much ignoring Kise consistently.

Though MoI says a lot which on the surface looks good, it's in his motive, his mindset, and his intention that his alignment becomes evident, as he's not pushing things from a town perspective.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2767 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:44 am

Post by Kise »

In post 2764, AngryPidgeon wrote:MoI/Kise aren't arguing that you arent a neighborizer. I think they are arguing that you are a scum neighborizer due to setup spec. I dont necessarily buy that as I think that would involve sloppy modding.

Right.

I had Nero as town. You can go back and see I used to say that, but come on..a secretly unblockable TOWN neighborizer is fishy. AV's safeclaim was prob town roleblocker, who knows. Just remember down the road how many flipped and/or claimed town power roles exist, and how many are useful enough that a mafia roleblocker is needed to counter them.

And I still think neighborizer and messenger are redundant 'powers' to both be of use to town, though fun. Nobody would have guessed we'd know of both these roles as soon as day 2, but either way they're a bit similar.

Yet…
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2768 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:47 am

Post by Kise »

BTW jason, I'm not hinting I think you're scum. You are a hypocrite though.

Yet…
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2769 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:51 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2764, AngryPidgeon wrote:@Nero: It took Tammy ages to name claim. Does your fakeclaim not match your role?

Thats it. *glares* I didn't want to claim since scum may not have been given safe claims but they prob were so...

Hal Emmerich

MoI/Kise aren't arguing that you arent a neighborizer. I think they are arguing that you are a scum neighborizer due to setup spec. I dont necessarily buy that as I think that would involve sloppy modding.

I'll admit, its hard to understand thier points. But this is what it looked like to me

MOI: Nero is scummy 'cause his action isn't instant.

Kise: Yea me too

NC: But I spoke to Tammy last night...

In post 2765, Kise wrote:Why shouldn't the mafia's roleblocker have been able to block you?

'cause the mafia roleblocker was dead you tool.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2770 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:54 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2767, Kise wrote:And I still think neighborizer and messenger are redundant 'powers' to both be of use to town, though fun

oh so the messenger is scum and you and MOI want to throw doubt on my confirmed role so the messenger can squeak by.

Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2771 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:56 am

Post by Kise »

In post 1642, Tammy wrote:I got the message AT THE START OF THE DAY.

Nero Cain wrote:oh so the messenger is scum and you and MOI want to throw doubt on my confirmed role so the messenger can squeak by.

Messenger only squeaks by (in my book) with you flipping scum bro. Why would they squeak by after you flip town, going by what i said in that quote?

</3

Yet…
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2772 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:04 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2762, Nero Cain wrote:I'm a confirmed Nieghborizer and he's trying to throw water on it. He also came in the game and tried to discredit the cop.

I usually take discrediting the cop as a town tell.
What's so awesome about your Neighborizer claim? Seems like there's some confusion about when your power triggers.
Wanna clear that up for me?

In post 2764, AngryPidgeon wrote:I think they are arguing that you are a scum neighborizer due to setup spec. I dont necessarily buy that as I think that would involve sloppy modding.

Why would a scum neighnorizer involve sloppy modding?
I've been one or been teamed with one or faced one on a handful of occasions.
Always felt pretty normal to me.

In post 2766, mastin2 wrote:Then, MoI came in, playing to his scum meta rather than his town meta. Instead of taking advantage of a ridiculously powerful role and using it to break the game wide open, MoI chose to lynch it, while simultaneously (as Nero has been saying) trying to discredit pretty much everyone off of the wagon--
And even took some shots at the cop, Benmage, to try and throw his credibility into doubt.

1. I'm guessing that was Tammy? Was he just on a focused SK hunt, or what? Seems like a Dayvig that shoots scum should be scum's problem - why'd she get lynched at all?

2. Well...it was Benmage ;) But why is attacking a cop openly scummy?

In post 2767, Kise wrote:And I still think neighborizer and messenger are redundant 'powers' to both be of use to town, though fun. Nobody would have guessed we'd know of both these roles as soon as day 2, but either way they're a bit similar.

Isn't this kind of like saying a Watcher and a Tracker in one game is suspect because they're so similar? I see that combo all the time - why do you see Messenger/Neighbor as so obv. scum?

Also, what's your read on MoI?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2773 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:05 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Once I flip town the messenger likely won't claim. But the only way I'll die is if I get shot (since it should be fairly obvious that I'm town) and you likely won't kill me Kise.

Should the messenger claim today?

Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2774 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:08 pm

Post by Kise »

@Thor: No. Watcher and Tracker can actually get things done. A neighbor and messenger are fun roles that don't actually prove anything. They are much fluffier than watcher/trackers.

@Nero: Don't shoot the messenger. :)

You need to die for attacking town anyway.

Yet…

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”