Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Legacy (Game Over)

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2550 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:31 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2454, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Did you read Post 2238 Peregrine? How exactly does that string of reasoning come across as Town? Please explain in detail how that looks Town to you.

Point 1 – treatment of the Tammy wagon
Myk votes Tammy
Myk unvotes Tammy
Myk thinks if Tammy=town, she should shoot Ben. You compare to being called out for telling Ben not to gambit.
More talk about number of players.
Summary – Mykonian’s actions (not wanting to lynch Tammy today) don’t back up the posts he made surrounding her wagon (that he wants to end the Day on Evens, that he doesn’t believe she can be leashed). That's Cognitive Dissonance which is a strong scum-tell.

Point 2 – Treating me as Town while calling me scum.

Point 1- That is your first instinct. Cop claims guilty, let's lynch guilty. Tammy proving she has dayvig powers, then as town you definitely want a drink of directing that power. Then the arguement, with Tammy claiming town. Myk is right, if Tammy is town, she shoots the player with guilty claim on her.
She didn't, because she's not town, but is not playing the "against-town" mindset because she didn't kill Ben.

You know the difference between a fakeclaim and a gambit, right?

The number of players talk really means nothing to me. I don't worry about endgame at the beginning of the game, since you deal with endgame however it comes up. Manipulating it, or trying to, just seems dumb. And Ben, the cop, convinced Myk that Tammy couldn't be leashed. Not sure why he's scummy for that.

Point 2-That behavior is somewhat normal for town. Now granted, if it's blatant is can be a scumtell. The example you gave is not an example of scum treating town-you like town while calling you scum or pushing your wagon.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2551 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:54 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2541, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 2540, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 2539, Cheery Dog wrote:I think I might need to go read some more pages, I'm not sure who I want to.be siding with after just reading the last 4.

This post is scummy. Which of course means you are town, because I always think you are scummy and you never are >.>

But why are you thinking about who to side with and not who to vote for?

Because there haven't been any posts in what I just read which at first glance tell me this poster is scum, therefore I'm going to side with someone and sheep their wagon.just need to work out which of the obvtown posts make the best sense.

Read the first 4 pages, pick the scummiest person, then iso them, if they are still scummy, then vote them.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2552 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:01 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Based on last 5 pages, AngryPigeon wins the scummiest award!!
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #2553 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:03 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 2551, PeregrineV wrote:Read the first 4 pages, pick the scummiest person, then iso them, if they are still scummy, then vote them.

Based off a selfvote and then disappearance for 2 days in the slots first 2 posts and the bad looking switches onto both the lynching wagons from skimming the ISOs, my vote is probably best placed on
VOTE: Elscouta
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Elscouta
Elscouta
Goon
Elscouta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2554 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:08 am

Post by Elscouta »

Hmm. I'm not sure what you are referring too... selfvote? disappearances? bad looking wagon switches?
I'm town. Please lynch someone else.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #2555 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:11 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

you replaced rapidcanyon, they selfvoted in their first post and then didn't post again for 2 days.
Neither of the votes where your slot (one of which was rapidcanyon, I don't expect you be able to anything about that) voted onto the lynching wagons looked like you wanted them to happen.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Elscouta
Elscouta
Goon
Elscouta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2556 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:15 am

Post by Elscouta »

Oh.

So I'm currently one of the most looked-at people due to the last 5 pages, and you vote for me because i replaced someone that self-voted in his first post then waited two days before posting again,

That's convenient... Can i ask you to do a bit more homework and read at least from the beginning of day 3?
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #2557 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:01 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Was skimming along and reading on my phone at work last night.

mastin2 is super-town. AngryPidgeon is still scum. Acosmist is still scum.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2558 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:39 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

MOD – I’ll be LA from today at 5pm EST til probably Monday for my normal weekend duties and, this week, Thanksgiving travel.

@Acosmist
– In light of Ben’s flip can you please specifically say what your Role Name is? Or point me to the post where you did so already. Thanks.

--

Eloscuta wrote: Oh.

So I'm currently one of the most looked-at people due to the last 5 pages, and you vote for me because i replaced someone that self-voted in his first post then waited two days before posting again,

That's convenient... Can i ask you to do a bit more homework and read at least from the beginning of day 3?

Ok AngryP you win

VOTE: Eloscuta

Mykonian is scum-lurking out pressure and this above is “You can’t suspect me from Page 1. That’s ancient history. My recent play changed my Wincon I swear!”

--

Nero wrote: Thank you mafia for shooting derpy ass Ben!!!!

So you are glad the Town Cop is dead huh …

Nero wrote: its instant.

So you are a Town Neighborizor who can’t ever be blocked?

--

Yates wrote: Okay, my bad. Oh wait:

Stupidity is not a valid excuse for why it wasn’t settled with Tammy’s flip.

Yates wrote: Did he say he was a PGO or that he was NOT a PGO explicitly? You tell me.

Well Kise has already gotten to this but so I’m not going to bother re-quoting what he said but hopeful YOU will start reading for context …

Yates wrote: I pointed out that the PGO only defends against NIGHT actions.

So how, exactly, do you know this to be true? Are you the Mod?

Because Bulletproof players generally are NOT protected against Daykills. Yet in Pappum’s game where you were Vegeta you were. So you stating that you know exactly how roles work in a THEME game where variation is easily possible is tanamount to stupidity.

Let me ask you this - Neighborizors are not generally "instant" actions. So is Nero Cain lying about his ability?

Yates wrote: You are wrong. First - Acosmist likely isn't PGO. Second - even if he were PGO I don't think his powers would have affected a day action. Third - proof that he likely isn't a PGO is right in his role claim when he hedges by saying:

Are you this stupid. Tammy was A SERIAL KILLER. As such her wincon requires her to survive as long as possible. You know what players with Wincons like that do? They don’t take stupid chances. And your reasoning above, as show, is stupid. Tammy wasn’t going anywhere near Acosmist because it could mean instant loss if he is a PGO. Your conclusions mean little since it was Tammy making the decisions.

As to your reasons -

1. This is just you saying “I don’t think so, hurr durr”
2. Same as 1.
3. Same as 2
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #2559 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:50 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 2532, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 2529, Elscouta wrote:Let me state a last time my position on you, MoI. You are on my soft-ignore list. This is the last time i adress directly a part of one of your post.

That's what scum like to do when the facts hit them on the chin like a well placed haymaker.

They throw up their hands, cry "It's all bullshit", take their ball, run home, and pray that people buy the AtE of 'frustration' as opposed to noticing they aren't capable of supporting their positions with Townie motivation.

Isn't that what I did as town when you last tunneled me in the Team Mafia game? I distinctly remember asking my team what to do as town in the situation and was advised to just ignore you.

And yes, I am soft defending Elscouta because I have a soft town-read on her.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #2560 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:51 am

Post by mykonian »

Hardly, dear. Less then a day ago I posted, this game is just a pain to sift the useful stuff from the useless. Like, I really don't have a clue why we are talking about acosmists role here and what it implies. And that has gone for 3 pages now. Further, lurking is for people who don't like the game. I guess you could be right that I'm not liking this one, but I like mafia in general. I think.

Game is very simple for acosmist. You wait till day 4 or something, and you make up the balance. Are you sure he's town? Let him stay till endgame. Aren't you sure? Lynch him and dont take the risk. The earlier you make this decision the more likely you have a mislynch, so give the guy the time to prove his allignment.

In post 2558, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Yates wrote: You are wrong. First - Acosmist likely isn't PGO. Second - even if he were PGO I don't think his powers would have affected a day action. Third - proof that he likely isn't a PGO is right in his role claim when he hedges by saying:

Are you this stupid. Tammy was A SERIAL KILLER. As such her wincon requires her to survive as long as possible. You know what players with Wincons like that do? They don’t take stupid chances. And your reasoning above, as show, is stupid. Tammy wasn’t going anywhere near Acosmist because it could mean instant loss if he is a PGO. Your conclusions mean little since it was Tammy making the decisions.

As to your reasons -

1. This is just you saying “I don’t think so, hurr durr”
2. Same as 1.
3. Same as 2

And after Benmage and KK, Yates is the next in line. Thank you for showing us he's town. Keep it up, little dragon.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2561 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:00 am

In post 2559, Kublai Khan wrote:Isn't that what I did as town when you last tunneled me in the Team Mafia game? I distinctly remember asking my team what to do as town in the situation and was advised to just ignore you.

So that was the game where you defended scum Day 1 trying to make sure they weren't lynched, right? Well ... it's kind of hard to fault me for wanting to lynch you when you did that there. You, of course, also know that ignoring is something Scum do also.

Please keep defending away though. I like lines drawn like that.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #2562 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:02 am

Post by mykonian »

I wonder why you switched wagons MoI.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2563 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:06 am

And look carefully at .

It is the opitome of active lurking. Lots of words with ZERO content relevent to finding scum.

He throws down two paragraphs saying "Why are people discussing Acosmist ... blah blah blah ... make your decision Day 4 (which is tomorrow, nice timing for his 'decision' on whether Acosmist is scum or not)" while not actually commenting one iota on whether he thinks Acosmist is Town or Scum. Lots of words that mean NOTHING.

And the tack on sentence about Yates being Town is totally predicated on me being scum. Which is a great position for him as scum to take since he can immediately back away from it once I get Nightkill and flip Town. Notice he doesn't actually say Yates's play is Town directly. Nope ... he wraps it in a soft, soft blanket of false-connections.

Why do you people not see how scumtastic he is? Dear god this playergroup ...

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2564 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:07 am

In post 2562, mykonian wrote:I wonder why you switched wagons MoI.

If you were Town and needed to scum-hunt you'd be reading posts and seen the explanation attached nicely to my vote for your partner.

But you aren't so you just fluff post like this.

mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #2565 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:11 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 2564, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 2562, mykonian wrote:I wonder why you switched wagons MoI.

If you were Town and needed to scum-hunt you'd be reading posts and seen the explanation attached nicely to my vote for your partner.

But you aren't so you just fluff post like this.

No, this is a bit the point. I saw that reasoning and the weird thing is that you call us both scum. I'm the larger wagon at the moment.

Did it lose momentum already? Are you just looking for a vote switch so it doesn't seem you are tunneling too much? I don't get it. You can give reasonings but there is simply no logical reason for that switch either if you are scum or town unless there's a reason you aren't telling me.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #2566 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:13 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

I'm keeping you on the scum side of null, MagnaofIllusion.

When you're town, you tend to be really obvious. But in this game you've been just... sleazy.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2567 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:22 am

Myk wrote: No, this is a bit the point. I saw that reasoning and the weird thing is that you call us both scum. I'm the larger wagon at the moment.

See it is things like this that make he happy to shove in your scummy grill …

Vote Count from

mykonian - 3 (Kise, MagnaofIllusion, AngryPidgeon)
MagnaofIllusion - 3 (mykonian, mastin2, Elscouta)
zabriel - 1 (jasonT1981)
WrathChild - 1 (PeregrineV)
Yates - 1 (Acosmist)
Acosmist - 1 (Yates)

Not voting - zabriel, WrathChild, pidgey, Cheery Dog, Nero Cain, Kublai Khan

The important take-away is as follows - myk has 3 votes, Elo 0.

AngryP – myk now has 2 votes, Elo 1.

CheeryDog – myk has 2 votes, Elo 2.

So clearly you were not the ‘large wagon’ – both wagons were the same size. And a pretty unispiring total of 2 votes. Day has been open 5 real life days and the most votes you’ve amassed is 3. I’d rather lynch you but it is 9 to lynch. I understand derping around idling your vote is not Pro-Town. So thus I moved to lynch another pretty obvious scum player, make it more viable at 3 votes, and hope that his flip helps sway people to hang you.

Now you get a viable wagon again? I’m on it like hotcakes!

Continue to scummily active lurk though. I appreciate that.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2568 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:26 am

In post 2566, Kublai Khan wrote:I'm keeping you on the scum side of null, MagnaofIllusion.

When you're town, you tend to be really obvious. But in this game you've been just... sleazy.

I've turned on my webcam and taken a pic to show you my reaction ...

What do you think to accomplish with this KK (other than not providing actual game content in lieu of fluff)?

mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #2569 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:27 am

Post by mykonian »

So it is about momentum. You could just have said that in stead of making a huge post out of it. Now tell me, why the hell do you think it's a good idea to vote someone else just because there is more interest for it lately?

And now it's an active lurk. Yeah... can't tell me I'm not posting, I guess.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2570 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:36 am

MagnaofIllusion - 78

PeregrineV - 59
ThAdmiral - 49

zabriel - 49
Elscouta - 47 (plus 26 from Rapidcanyon) = 73
WrathChild 24 (plus 42 from BC) = 66
Cheery Dog 4 (plus 33 from snifit) = 37

So this is a current snapshot. I’ve bolded myself and ThAd’s post count for reference.

I replaced in late Day 2. If you are Town and have less post than me alone (and I’m not even giving myself credit for Zor’s posts like I am the rest of you replacements) you are doing it wrong.

WrathChild, and Peregrine – this is you.

If you have less posts than both myself and ThAd who died mid-Day 2 you are REALLY doing it wrong if you are Town.

Cheery Dog – this is you.

Elscouta and zabriel I have as scum reads currently so I’m not surprised at all about those results.

The Town players in the three of you needs to step up your games!

Elscouta
Elscouta
Goon
Elscouta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2571 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:50 am

Post by Elscouta »

^ facepalm
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #2572 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:54 am

Post by mykonian »

Lol! So this is why we have to believe you are town. Because that post is hardly scumhunting. The people you call out, you don't even suspect. But you really wanted to tell us how active you are while you replaced in.

Now, I wonder, how much of your arguing actually gets read, MoI? Because most of it is rather pointless and just calls everybody but "the dragon" stupid.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2573 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:08 am

Post by Kise »

Mm..I wanna think Yates is frontlining as town but I don't like the hints he's prefacing a MoI hop. Will keep Aco's links noted.

In post 2548, Elscouta wrote:There is already enough names that have been thrown around that i don't see throwing a new one to be productive. Why would I try to find a new case when i'm perfectly happy with lynching MoI and Ascomist?

Because you weren't happy lynching MoI until he started questioning you. I don't think anyone would give you crap for finding a new suspect so early in the phase. If anything, you get crap for bandwagoning. And who knows, there may be someone going unnoticed that only you managed to catch onto and call them out.

But what I'm getting at is that you haven't been trying to come up with new ideas for us to discuss. You've been commenting on the cases that others make, which isn't you using your own judgment of individual players.

It's not worth moving my vote to you but I would like for you to produce unique content of your own, if you would be willing.

@PV: Were you insinuating the cop had a guilty on WC?
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2574 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:09 am

Post by Kise »

In post 2572, mykonian wrote:Now, I wonder, how much of your arguing actually gets read, MoI? Because most of it is rather pointless and just calls everybody but "the dragon" stupid.

You've been baiting him, this page. :P
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”