Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Legacy (Game Over)

WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1725 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:05 am

Post by WrathChild »

In post 1724, AngryPidgeon wrote:I've never played in a game this size before, but the lack of NK made me think it was borderline impossible.

I still don't think it is the case, but a Tammy flip would very likely confirm/deny it anyways, so I'm not going to beat my head against it too hard.

What I'm saying is that the lack of one NK is lot more feasible than the lack of two. If there wasn't a Day Killer with a guilty on them, then I would have never thought twice about it. IF that is the case and we have a DK Mafia and an NK Mafia it would explain a lot.
I swear I left my gun somewhere.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1726 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:28 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

^ Pretty much that.

Here's the killer question though. Why did Tammy talk about shooting your slot an awful lot and then decide to shoot Admiral on what was basically a whim and a hunch.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1727 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:45 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1718, AngryPidgeon wrote:If Tammy flips scum that isn't SK then I might buy that.

This.

Also, a role cop could also catch an SK. But, for now, no reason not to take Ben at his word.

@Wrath, Esclouta- Thoughts on leashing the "dayvig/SK" and forcing scum to NK her?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1728 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:54 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I did neighborize Tammy. I'll read up on the res of the thread later.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1729 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:39 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 1698, mykonian wrote:
In post 1690, Elscouta wrote:Oh and I forgot. What is with all this BloodCovenant hate? It started to grow only once BC stopped posting, which is odd to say the least.

It started when benmage needed to single someone out. BC became almost proverbial scum because of that.

And I can't believe my luck. Hi nero, are you a scum neighbourizer?

The first part is why BC is on everybody's scumlist. Around the part where the tammy/benmage thing started (ie, after benmage claimed), the scenario's were a bit complex. From our point benmage could be scum or town, if he was fakeclaiming tammy would have shot him. Nobody backed out through the thing and the problem was that tammy couldn't shoot benmage because she knows he's right. When he flips, this becomes obvious to us as well. Benmage, knowing all this, needed to give her some target to fire at without it being him. Top on the list? BC. Since the whole thing became rather drawn out benmage pretty much repeated it every post, making: "BC is scum" almost proverbial this game. It's simply sitting in everybodies mind, even if they didn't notice BC that much before.

As for nero and the role thing: scum neighbourizers are a thing. They are more popular then the town version, I think. The fact that Nero around that whole mess didn't want to claim it also is a bit doubtful, and I've had a bad feeling about Nero since I replaced in. I can't exactly put my finger on it, but things are off. This is all rather going in favor of my gut feeling about nero, and I'm happy about that. The question is a rhetorical one, but sets up the question: "why didn't you claim this, as there were plenty of opportunities".
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Elscouta
Elscouta
Goon
Elscouta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1730 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:59 am

Post by Elscouta »

In post 1711, Elscouta wrote:"why is BC suspicious?"

From memory? Very first post was a request to PL. You can read the rest of the ISO for yourself and tell me why your slot WOULDN'T be scummy after that. Unlike AP, BC never did anything to make me consider changing my mind outside of simply not posting anymore.[/quote]

I'm replacing rapidcanyon, not BC. And i did read BC and didn't find absurdly scummy. Also, i'm hoping your case doesn't rely only on the fact that is first post was a request for PL. Because this might indicate a lot of things about the player, but definitely not about its alignement.

(thx myko)
I'm town. Please lynch someone else.
Elscouta
Elscouta
Goon
Elscouta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1731 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:01 pm

Post by Elscouta »

@PeregrineV: I'm 100% up for leashing a SK... IF Tammy proposes us a clear deal where she shoots only what the town wants and acknowledge that she will get the hammer if she takes any "initiative"
I'm town. Please lynch someone else.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1732 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:35 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 1731, Elscouta wrote:@PeregrineV: I'm 100% up for leashing a SK... IF Tammy proposes us a clear deal where she shoots only what the town wants and acknowledge that she will get the hammer if she takes any "initiative"

I actually quite like the sound of this.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1733 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:41 pm

Post by mastin2 »

So please do.

It's not an unreasonable request, Tammy will follow it, so we can lynch someone else.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1734 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:42 pm

Post by Benmage »

In post 1732, jasonT1981 wrote:
In post 1731, Elscouta wrote:@PeregrineV: I'm 100% up for leashing a SK... IF Tammy proposes us a clear deal where she shoots only what the town wants and acknowledge that she will get the hammer if she takes any "initiative"

I actually quite like the sound of this.

In post 1733, mastin2 wrote:So please do.

It's not an unreasonable request, Tammy will follow it, so we can lynch someone else.

After she takes initiative its too late. She can't follow what you say. Its a lie. Or she isn't playing to he WC and gets sitebanned.

You're all fucking dumb.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1735 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:49 pm

Post by pidgey »

Why is tammy still alive

Goddamit lynch her guys and stop beign stupid, having an SK on leash is fuckign dumb. Scum also have a vote in who to shoot if we do that, and obviously tammy doesnt give 2 shits about a town wincon if she is scum or SK. She might hear us once or twice if shes scum knowing that she is just shooting opposite members of her team. And then just go bunkers.

Lynch tammy, we keep playing tomorrow.
-----------------
Sup
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1736 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:54 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

STOP POSTING SO I CAN CATCHUP!!!
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1737 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:04 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1096, Acosmist wrote:can we please lynch scum instead of randomly wagoning a townie

So you know that Snifit is town?

In post 1155, pidgey wrote:With that said, I got a town vibe from all his personal attacks on poor old Amrun/me.

Did someone spike your birdseed?

In post 1174, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 1172, Yates wrote:
In post 1167, Kublai Khan wrote:Non-rhetorical question: Why is it bad to out the messenger?

If you out the messenger you out Town? Am I missing something here?

Explain why it's bad to out town.

it gives the scum extra info.

In post 1409, mastin2 wrote:AS IF THAT WASN'T ENOUGH, a Tammy wagon SCREAMS of being scumdriven, because of the above--the scum want her out of the game.

I agree, but what’s your read on Mage?

Ben is just really bothering/annoying me this game. He waits till LONG after the reset to vote Tammy. Lolololol

In post 1544, mastin2 wrote:Hate to burst your bubble for thinking I'm town (again ),

What game did you claim mafia in?

In post 1625, Yates wrote:I find it IMPOSSIBLE to believe we have an SK that received a message, got neighborized, AND killed scum

how is that impossible?

In post 1629, Yates wrote:He had plenty of time the other night to say "oh crap, Tammy is scum." Instead, he ALSO challenged Ben's result.

You should read my posts. I did both. Tammy does look extrmely scummy now but Ben could be fakeclaiming. Still trying to make it look like I'm stalling is terrible and scummy.

In post 1633, Tammy wrote:but really didn't share anything in the neighborhood.

Bullsnork!!! I shared just as much as you did.

In post 1684, Kise wrote:True Nero? Say IT TO MY FACE THEN BRUH

OH ITS ON ASIAN BOI!!!!

I THINK JASON IS ONTO KISE!!!!

In post 1689, Elscouta wrote:Nero Cain: How can someone be so abrasive? I considered replacing out on reading some posts.

lol. You funny.

In post 1722, AngryPidgeon wrote:And I strongly doubt scum-Ben has an investigative role if there aren't two teams. So ya.

This makes no sense whatsoever unless you know there's not a scum investigation role.

Both Mykon and Yates have some incredibly derpy posts but town can be derpy as well. So I’m a bit null.

Mastin’s calling me a good scumhunter and that I’m town is just a lil’ thick. I guess that AV could have told his buddy cyber to sheep him. Still was a dead Snifit and Zoro.

mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1738 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:05 pm

Post by mykonian »

now I'm derpy.

I wonder if it has anything to do with suspecting you.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1739 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:20 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1738, mykonian wrote:now I'm derpy.

I wonder if it has anything to do with suspecting you.

nope. I think it has to do with your alignment.

Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1740 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:28 pm

Post by Yates »

So, NC, since you neighborized Tammy - what do YOU think of her alignment? Is she a day vig? Is she scum? Is she 3rd party? What?
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1741 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:33 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

scum is an umbrella term and I said she's playing like scum now. And I said as much earlier how you missed that is beyond me.

Weather she's mafia or sk doesn't particulary matter to me. If she flips mafia then MYKO is probs her buddy.

Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1742 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:35 pm

Post by Yates »

I saw it but it was muddled in with other stuff so I wanted your stance to be clear.

Also, based on this response, I'm assuming you are against a "Pet Tammy," so to speak?
Please pm me to pre-in
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1743 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:41 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I dunno. I can see it from both sides. I think the extra kill would be helpful but I know that she could not help. If you guys lynch her fine, if you guys keep her alive that great. I would
LOVE
to have kills on Zoro and Snifit.

AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1744 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:44 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Tammy is getting lynched. There isn't enough support for another wagon. And Shes conf-scum.

In post 1735, pidgey wrote:Why is tammy still alive

Welcome to HPATPL Mafia, where the scumreads are made up and the votes don't matter! Thats right the votes don't matter!

@Nero. Read it in context. Or don't. Its not that complicated of a point. And it really doesn't matter because the Tammy flip is a scum flip, and will also have the added bonus of resolving multiball spec for us!

I love how you called her scummy then also suggest Ben could be fakeclaiming. God. Keep your options more open, Nero! And you are NOW suspicious of Mastin? Not when he opened the Day by buddying you really hard? And started shoving wagons for dubious points all over?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1745 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:58 pm

Post by Tammy »

I'm sorry for outing you as the neighborizer Nero. I got a little paranoid of you. And you're right, you did share more than I said you did.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1746 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:05 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 1685, Kise wrote:
In post 1016, Tammy wrote:Also, and I'm not really sure how to handle this, but I received a message last night. I had this role once before and was told the basic purpose of it was to confirm that role and that someone took that action, instead of killing I guess, that night. Anyway, I dont know if i sould have kept that to myself, but ill be able to verify the sender if and when its necessary. For the last two parts, I feel the same and yes.

Did the mod tell you the player's name, or was this person's name included in the message as "hey Tammy, it's me ____."?

No the mod didn't tell me who it came from.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1747 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:08 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 1712, WrathChild wrote:
In post 1709, AngryPidgeon wrote:@WC: yes to both.

Also Benmage is claiming a full Cop role with a guilty on her.

And we had a couple people slip multiball early right?

So the solution is multiball with a Day Kill Mafia and a Night Kill Mafia.

I'll go back and look up the slips.

This reads to me like someone who knows the set up and is playing like they don't.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1748 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:09 pm

Post by Yates »

In post 1747, Tammy wrote:This reads to me like someone who knows the set up and is playing like they don't.

So you are confirming multiball?
Please pm me to pre-in
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1749 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:13 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 1720, WrathChild wrote:I've played multiball where scum gets investigative roles.

I just don't see Benmage!scum claiming to be a cop in a multiball game on day two. He prides himself on being perfect as scum and would believe he would be the team mate most likely to bring his team to victory (most likely); he wouldn't intentionally put himself in danger and weaken the scum team on day two after I dayvigged one of his members on day one.

Again, this sounds like intentionally throwing crap out to make it sound like you're trying to figure the game out.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”