Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Legacy (Game Over)

Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:56 am

Post by Yates »

In post 1074, AngryPidgeon wrote:Also I think I had a little bit of an epiphany that makes me happier with Mastin=town.

Sharing is caring. Just saying.
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:58 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

No thanks. And I'm not even sure my logic is right.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:59 am

Post by mastin2 »

Well, nobody knows me better than me, so if you told me, I could tell you if you're right or wrong. :P
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:00 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I just think its deja vu maybe. It would make some of your actions make a lot more sense.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:02 am

Post by mastin2 »

Well, if you're feeling deja vu, (as much as I'd love to claim it'd make me town) it's probably a sign that whatever you're thinking of is null. :P
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:04 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Ok.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:32 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1007, AngryPidgeon wrote:If Snifit flips town (mystically by some form of voodoo magic) what would your reads on Mastin, me and RC be?

Why are assuming that Snifit won’t flip scum? My reads would still be the same and I don't see any reason why they would o rshould change. Now if Snifit flips scum then RC would be a town read.

In post 1008, mykonian wrote:No. I'm just someone who has learned not to shout reads when you don't have them. And snifit falls in the category of players I've been wrong about more then I've been right.

Well get one. I mean I’m terrible at reading noobs but atleast I’m taking a stance. And if I’m wrong then I’m wrong. Avoiding taking a stance is terrible.

In post 1023, AngryPidgeon wrote:I care that you are linking me with Snifit

Why are you so afraid to be linked with him?

In post 1041, Benmage wrote:@Snifit. Meh... more odd that he thinks Nero is a good scumhunter.

Well if cared more about thegamethenyour own egoyou'dseewhathesee's.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:39 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1081, Nero Cain wrote:Why are assuming that Snifit won’t flip scum? My reads would still be the same and I don't see any reason why they would o rshould change. Now if Snifit flips scum then RC would be a town read.

What? I never said Im assuming he'll flip town. Im saying its possible and since Mastin was essentially acting like Snifit was conf-scum, I wanted to know what Mastin would think if, you know, he flipped town.

In post 1081, Nero Cain wrote:Why are you so afraid to be linked with him?

Afraid? Way to put words in my mouth. Think of it from my perspective though. Kise hops on the Snifit wagon as it gets steam and then calls me buddies with Snifit for what reason exactly? I don't see how town Kise got to that conclusion and it really makes me think Snifit/Kise are buddies.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:41 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1082, AngryPidgeon wrote:I wanted to know what Mastin would think if, you know, he flipped town.

Mastin and you. I know I posed the question to you specifically, but you and Mastin have kind of become a multi-headed beast today.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:51 pm

Post by Kise »

In post 1024, Kublai Khan wrote:Why did you lie in post ?

Name a n**** that want some! I’ll out-rap his ass, out-trap his ass. Put his ass in a plastic bag with his trashy ass. Take him out!

What's your angle today, my probscumbuddy?

In post 1068, AngryPidgeon wrote:I'd like Kise to explain his reason for posting this.

Back then, I didn't want to let Aco go conftown off claim alone so I had to be on his ass like white on rice. Did some research on FOXDIE and found out the above info. When Zoro asked something videogame/flavor specific about how FOXDIE should really work with Aco's role, I corroborated a similar thing I noticed from my research.

@AP: I've been saying you and snif are scum since day 1, so by default you guys are buddies - I have no reason to subscribe to multiball theories. This second phase, I said "it's obvious now" because you were letting snifit off the hook by saying town sometimes lie. As for me voting with mastin who also suspects me: I see he has me as scum but I don't know the reason, so he could be undecided for all I know. All it took was snif cursing to get him to back off, so who knows how solid/serious he is with me. When the time comes, I'll address it.

DAy 1, people deadline whored and I wandered off. If a suspect of mine has a lot of votes, I'll be helping to secure the noose. I ignored the wagons produced yesterday - I consider them counterwagons. Usually when my senses tell me not to take an interest in "new content", it means the old stuff (accusations, reads, etc) is what I should keep focus on. Got bored, but I'm here for the time being.

What do you think of me in general, disregarding what my alignment could be?

@Pere, please respond to my earlier post when you get a chance - just in case you miss it.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:05 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1084, Kise wrote:What do you think of me in general, disregarding what my alignment could be?

:shifty: Not sure what you are asking. I guess you are a funny guy. I wish you would post more.

I'm not scum though. >.>

I'm not 'letting snifit off the hook'. My point is that Mastin's case looked absurdly forced. He practically called Snifit conf-scum and now has him as null-town I think? My concerns had nothing to do with snifit, (except that he happened to be Mastin's target at the time).

But I do think Mastin is probably town right now.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:49 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 1066, Yates wrote:I would entertain a ThAd case if it weren't for the fact he is Lurky McLurkerson and has so little content. That is *my* entire case on ThAd.

I'll have you know,
sir
, that I am the 8th most active player in this game.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:53 pm

Post by Yates »

In post 1086, ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 1066, Yates wrote:I would entertain a ThAd case if it weren't for the fact he is Lurky McLurkerson and has so little content. That is *my* entire case on ThAd.

I'll have you know,
sir
, that I am the 8th most active player in this game.

That may be true. However, you didn't make my top 10 list in terms of content. QQ

Now - for the ironic part of my post - I'm going to be V/LA all day tomorrow.
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:59 pm

Post by pappums rat »

Votecount 2.4

"Now, Harry you must know all about Muggles. Tell me, what exactly is the function of a rubber duck?" -Arthur Weasley, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

snifit - 4 (Nero Cain, Kise, zabriel, ThAdmiral)
Kise - 3 (Kublai Khan, mastin2, AngryPidgeon)
rapidcanyon - 1 (snifit)
AngryPidgeon - 1 (jasonT1981)
mastin2 - 1 (mykonian)
mykonian - 1 (Yates)
Benmage - 1 (Acosmist)
Tammy - 1 (Benmage)

Not voting - BloodCovenant, PeregrineV, pidgey, Zoroaster, Tammy, rapidcanyon

Searching for a replacement for rapidcanyon
mastin2 is V/LA until Monday
Yates is V/LA until Sunday

With 19 alive it takes 10 to lynch.

The deadline for Day 2 is 3 PM EST on November 15, 2012.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:01 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 1057, Benmage wrote:
In post 1055, AngryPidgeon wrote:Why is Tammy scum? I really don't feel one way or the other abut her.

I don't have the time to go into this.

Shouldn't her not being a shinning beacon of townliness have been telling enough??

BTW, I think she should claim who messaged her... What was the message again? Did we get that yet?

This is because you think my halo isn't shining as brightly as you think it should? I don't know why some games people get an insta-town read on me and the next think I'm not the beacon I should be, but if you look at my actions this game, every single one of them have been town-motivated. I can't believe you can't see that.

And no, btw, I'm not claiming who messaged me right now. I'll leave that up to discussion for what's the best course of action. It will be outing one person's role and will be narrowing the pool for everyone else. I made sure it was there for confirmation purposes. And, I'm not outing the message either. If the sender wants to say what they sent to me that's their prerogative. It was no big secret and nothing great and game changing so there's no need whatsoever; it was just one person's thoughts about the game I'm not going to violate that. Also, I'm fairly certain the sender of the message is on your town list and is someone I very strongly believe to be town as well; that's pretty much all I'm going to say about that.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:10 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 1058, Kublai Khan wrote:

In post 1056, Benmage wrote:
KK
what is your read on Tammy anyways?

Not on the town list. Her excuses are annoying, but I'm waiting to see how the mailman stuff plays out.

So, tell me KK, how often is it that you listen to people's opinions about the people who you are voting who are not on your town list. Also, how often is it you just sheep people not on your town list?

You are also going to need to point out these excuses that are annoying. If you mean the only two I can think of: a.) me getting prodded because I forgot to declare v/la over a weekend but delivering content the day I promised and b.) making sure I came in here and gave what I consider a vital piece of information so that I don't forget but not commenting on things because I'm sick, you can shove it.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:19 pm

Post by Tammy »

Also, Mastin's probably town. I had a town read on Cyber anyway and the Mastin read is just stronger. I don't have a whole lot of experience with Mastin, but when we played in GvE together and he thought I was a member of the opposing scum team, he didn't come after me like this. The most of what he said was that I was terribad, but wouldn't really elaborate. The way he went after snifit so strongly reminds me nothing of how he behaved as mafia. And no, meta's not everything, but his tone is completely different. I'm not sure about when he jumped off his suspicions, my minds a bit hazy right now, so I'll need to look at that again...hopefully tomorrow.

I also need to look at snifit closer, his most recent post read really genuine, and some of what I had assumed about him was based on Melmond flipping guilty, which he didn't, so re-evaluations are in order. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow and can make sense of some things then.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:38 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 1084, Kise wrote:

Name a n**** that want some! I’ll out-rap his ass, out-trap his ass. Put his ass in a plastic bag with his trashy ass. Take him out!

In post 311, Kise wrote:Kublai Khan is sketchiest. I shouldn't say every post of his is him playing an angle, but what gets my attention is the string pulling. He's relying too strongly on opinions, and since
I was one of the townies that lost to him years ago, the sting of his miller fakeclaim has never gone away.
Remembering that and seeing how quickly he says you (jason) townslipped, something does not feel right. I KNOW KK is schooled in the art of mind gaming, so why wouldn't he suspect you of doing the same?

The bolded part is the lie. We've played in three games together since Mafia 96 (miller claim). You've never, ever mentioned "the sting" before. You've never called me a MASTER MANIPULATOR before. In fact, in Road to WrestleMania Mafia you pushed for me to receive the bulletproof power because it would benefit the town greatly on the off-chance I was town. So how come in this game you open up with a baseless attack on me that hypes up my past scum successes?

What's your angle?

In post 1090, Tammy wrote:
In post 1058, Kublai Khan wrote:

In post 1056, Benmage wrote:
KK
what is your read on Tammy anyways?
Not on the town list. Her excuses are annoying, but I'm waiting to see how the mailman stuff plays out.

So, tell me KK, how often is it that you listen to people's opinions about the people who you are voting who are not on your town list. Also, how often is it you just sheep people not on your town list?

You are also going to need to point out these excuses that are annoying. If you mean the only two I can think of: a.) me getting prodded because I forgot to declare v/la over a weekend but delivering content the day I promised and b.) making sure I came in here and gave what I consider a vital piece of information so that I don't forget but not commenting on things because I'm sick, you can shove it.

You're not on the scum list either. You're null. You made a great observation that got me to change my vote, but Nero Cain deserved original credit, so your super-town cred is tarnished. I want you to post more and re-earn that town cred. Your illness annoys me.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:32 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

@Kise ()- After from ThAd, I went back through Melmond's ISO and ThAd's ISO looking for mentions of Melmond. He replied to multiple players multiple times about Melmond=town. Usually when I have that strong a read or defend it that strongly it's either from some sort of deduction or from some sort of role. Since it was only day1, I figured ThAd was masons with Melmond.

Spoiler: ThAd posts for thinking Melmond+ThAd masons
In post 545, ThAdmiral wrote:- melmond
Melmond looks good to me. Mainly because he comes to a lot of the same conclusions I have (which indicates he is coming from a town perspective), and has explained himself and his thought processes fairly well from the get go. I also like how he isn't afraid of saying that his opinions changed (mainly in regards to zabriel) - I've often found that scum will find a target and then not budge off them unless they have a good reason to do so.

In post 774, ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 703, Tammy wrote:I agree with you on cyber, he doesn't look scummy to me at all and I hate his wagon.

I feel the same way about the melmond wagon tbh.

In post 706, Nero Cain wrote:meh. Memond has a few scummy posts. He'd be a better lynch that Cyber. You have town reads on both AP and Snifit right?

Point them out pls.

In post 724, Melmond wrote:What I've been thinking for a while now is that if you're not a PGO, you're a jester. That would make sense to me, because by claiming PGO you're not going to get NK'd and by playing like you are, you could very easily get lynched at some point, it wouldn't be a bad way to play it.

There are so many easier ways to get lynched. Unless he's some kind of "jester activated on day 3" or whatever, but once again it would be soooooooooo much easier to just keep your head down until day 3 and then "slip" scum.

Also I'm pretty sure jesters are only in bastard games these days and I believe that has to be advertised.

In post 733, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 705, Tammy wrote:Oh and amrun , when looking at cybertronix, please note that avox told cyber to sheep him onto Yates.

Fuck. You're right. (again) That's a super-ballsy move for scum to make.

Hate to pull a zabe and all, but, you know, there could be two scum teams.
For me, however, the avox/cyber interaction doesn't rule out the possibility that they were scum together.

In post 737, AngryPidgeon wrote:Melmond deserves votes for the jester spec anyhow. Says that Acosmist's flavor makes him probtown. Later says that Acosmist's claim is "plausible". Finally says he has been thinking Aco may be a jester for a while.

But why, and this goes for bc as well, would he go after someone almost universally agreed on to be town (due to his claim)? I think it would be much more likely for scum to take the path of least resistance.

In post 757, PeregrineV wrote:This page plus Melmond ISO=seems to not be a bad lynch, but on 15 now.

This=bullshit unless you give reasons.

In post 764, AngryPidgeon wrote:2. Why is Cyber a town read?

^^
This, I want this answered. If it's just the point tammy brought up I will be disappointed.

In post 812, ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 809, PeregrineV wrote:@ThAd- 779 was my answer to 774. I was responding to you about Melmond, not talking about you.

Ah, that makes more a lot more sense.
I can see what you are saying but outside of the start of his iso (the "nothing" posts) and the end of his iso (the jump on cyber, which is debatably scummy based on what alignment cyber actually is) I think there is a fair bit of quality posting in there.

In post 811, Kublai Khan wrote:That's a pretty weak town read, if you don't mind my saying so.

I'll be honest I am tearing up a bit, but I think I'll make it.

In post 837, ThAdmiral wrote:if cyber lynch is a no go (and I suspect because of the replace-out it will be), I'd prefer to lynch ap over melmond.

In post 894, ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 850, rapidcanyon wrote:1) If you use perfect logic and reasoning as scum, don't you think at some point, it will lead you to your buddies? You can't play perfectly pro-town as scum because you aere playing against your win condition.

I'm sorry but this is just wrong.

In post 870, Nero Cain wrote:Zoro is still scum.

Now this is something I can get behind.

In post 873, AngryPidgeon wrote:@Admiral. What are your scum reads? I assume that Melmond and I are not based on the wording of your last post.

Melmond no, you could go either way; didn't like your predecessor, I think you are ok but not enough to give me a townread on you. Probably null-leaning scum.
Other then that I would be happy to lynch cyber (obv), zora and probably peregrine. Kise and snift are also there or thereabouts.

I feel like I'm going mad or something. Am I literally the only one that thinks melmond is probably town?

@Mastin-You do realize your is quoting your own posts. Not really sure how that builds a snifit case when you quote him once.
My own snifit read was strong scum () but it went down somewhat with and . Not greatly, but when he got one vote day1 and then jumped up to six on day2
In post 1037, pappums rat wrote:
Votecount 2.2+

snifit - 6 (Nero Cain, mastin2, Kise, zabriel, ThAdmiral, Benmage)
rapidcanyon - 2 (snifit, AngryPidgeon)
AngryPidgeon - 1 (jasonT1981)
mastin2 - 1 (mykonian)
mykonian - 1 (Yates)
Benmage - 1 (Acosmist)

Not voting - BloodCovenant, PeregrineV, pidgey, Zoroaster,Tammy, Kublai Khan, rapidcanyon
I gotta scratch my head at that.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:33 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

Nice.

@Papums, can you please delete on of my doubleposts above? Thx!

Done. -pappums rat
Last edited by pappums rat on Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:25 pm

Post by Kise »

Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 1084, Kise wrote:

In post 311, Kise wrote:Kublai Khan is sketchiest. I shouldn't say every post of his is him playing an angle, but what gets my attention is the string pulling. He's relying too strongly on opinions, and since
I was one of the townies that lost to him years ago, the sting of his miller fakeclaim has never gone away.
Remembering that and seeing how quickly he says you (jason) townslipped, something does not feel right. I KNOW KK is schooled in the art of mind gaming, so why wouldn't he suspect you of doing the same?

The bolded part is the lie. We've played in three games together since Mafia 96 (miller claim). You've never, ever mentioned "the sting" before. You've never called me a MASTER MANIPULATOR before. In fact, in Road to WrestleMania Mafia you pushed for me to receive the bulletproof power because it would benefit the town greatly on the off-chance I was town. So how come in this game you open up with a baseless attack on me that hypes up my past scum successes?

What's your angle?

LOL... best you got? I fail to see what I lied about. Did I say I've always brought up how stung I was in all our games? You do know the whole reason for me bringing that up is because you called jason town, without consideration that he may be
pulling a similar stunt as you
, which is what you're acclaimed for? As far as I know, you're the first person to dupe town by fakeclaiming miller. No one really doubted D1 miller claims until after you got away with the fakeclaim and won. You're something like a celebrity. Your act isn't something easily forgotten. So, yes, I brought it up only after you acted as if jason could not be playing any tricks, because I know you're not new when it comes to trickery.

Scum QT must be full of desperation for you to pull up our games. Who'd you guys fail to kill last night?

@PV - I'ma look at that next time I'm up
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:35 am

Post by Acosmist »

my vote is getting lonely here, can we please lynch scum instead of randomly wagoning a townie

once a game is enough for that poopoo
Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:06 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Emergancy V/LA - Jason is drunk and partying :) will be back tomorrow evening.
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:54 am

Post by pappums rat »

Searching for a replacement for BloodCovenant.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
zabriel
zabriel
Mafia Scum
zabriel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:55 am

Post by zabriel »

Agreement on KK here. I really don't like his tone in the last post, and I think Kise's counterpoint from a town mindset.

I guess I can kind of understand Tammy wanting to hold back from a town perspective. It seems like kind of thing that's too weird to bring up as scum without following it up with something. It could be bad posturing or something, but I'm not seeing it as coming from a scum perspective. If somebody claims the message they create an association with Tammy, and as scum disassociation is the generally accepted strategy. While I would feel more comfortable knowing what was said, I do think that Tammy has town motivations.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”