Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Legacy (Game Over)

Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:22 pm

Post by Acosmist »

In post 683, Amrun wrote:
In post 661, Acosmist wrote:cyber wagon is a distraction from actual scumwagons

So cyber is town?

Who is "distracting" with the cyber wagon? This implies it is scum driven. Is it? By whom?

Are you serious?

compare my scumreads to the people on that wagon
Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:22 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

In post 724, Melmond wrote:
In post 662, Acosmist wrote:How is this not real content?

Wallposts with no content are, by definition, not real content.

I'm not reading them and my presumption is that anyone making one is scum trying to hide stuff behind squid ink.

So, by all means, let the scumclaims continue.

Really you're just not going to read the game.. :roll:
You're not really scumhunting, just voting various people with no reason, saying your not reading the wall posts, you're just making a bunch of jokes. And you seem to be riding off your PGO claim.

What I've been thinking for a while now is that if you're not a PGO, you're a jester. That would make sense to me, because by claiming PGO you're not going to get NK'd and by playing like you are, you could very easily get lynched at some point, it wouldn't be a bad way to play it.

we should policy lynch you for suggesting this.
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:24 pm

Post by Acosmist »

I'm not reading them and my presumption is that anyone making one is scum trying to hide stuff behind squid ink.

You're not really scumhunting, just voting various people with no reason, saying your not reading the wall posts, you're just making a bunch of jokes. And you seem to be riding off your PGO claim.

What I've been thinking for a while now is that if you're not a PGO, you're a jester. That would make sense to me, because by claiming PGO you're not going to get NK'd and by playing like you are, you could very easily get lynched at some point, it wouldn't be a bad way to play it.

So.

Vote.

Me.

BC claimed scum by trying to wishy-washy not-vote-but-cast-suspicion.

If I'm a viable lynch, vote me. Stop being a coward. Put that vote on so wagon analysis can destroy you day 2.

Come on.

I won't lynch myself.

Chop chop.
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:25 pm

Post by Acosmist »

I came back and no votes on me?

Soooo lynch all BCliars?
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:25 pm

Post by Acosmist »

In what sense am I not reading the game?

I'm not reading walls. That's a sentiment expressed by many people across many games.

Question: when does Acosmist read and make wallposts?
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:31 pm

Post by Acosmist »

If I hear any suggestion that I'm a viable policy lynch/other lynch WITHOUT A VOTE I'm getting you lynched when I come back.

Scum want to do this for the following reason:

Policy lynch on a PGO who claims first post HAS TO HAPPEN right away. It's driven by the sense that this claim cannot ever be verified, so the person making it has to be dealt with immediately. To suggest that, hey, maybe we could do that later is evidence that you are TERRIFIED of doing it today because I will flip town, and you're sunk. You're already down a person due to our friendly neighborhood vig (or SK, but even so, still friendly neighborhood!) and you know that'd be gg. And that's a sucky thing to happen so early in a large theme.

Soooo, you want to sow some seeds, but from the outside. You don't want to touch this policy lynch with a ten-foot-pole, but eleven feet? That might be worth it.

As I said in Alien Mafia, LYNCH ME NOW. Prove you're not BSing. If I come back and I've been lynched, that'd be day 1 of an easy town victory.

Definitely not voting myself, though. So man up. Get 11 people together and make it happen.

I'm completely without access until Sunday evening. I'll skim the thread for questions directed to me then, and respond. If I've been lynched by then, awesome. Pop the champers.
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:32 pm

Post by Acosmist »

In post 617, Yates wrote:
In post 601, Acosmist wrote:
In post 590, AngryPidgeon wrote:And how the fuck does Zab defending Acosmist even remotely indicate Acos's alignment on a Zab scum flip.

Sorry. I'm not following the thread of logic here. Are you saying AP is whiteknighting you or that Zab is?

Zab dude.
Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:45 pm

Post by Melmond »

Why would I vote you if I said u might be a jester?
That makes no sense. I didn't say I think you're scum, but you need to fucking do more than bullshit around.
Well, at least I shall die as I have lived. Completely surrounded by morons.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:33 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 705, Tammy wrote:Oh and amrun , when looking at cybertronix, please note that avox told cyber to sheep him onto Yates.

Fuck. You're right. (again) That's a super-ballsy move for scum to make.

Fuck it, I'm just going to sheep Tammy. She's reading the game better than I am right now.

unvote
Vote: Melmond

In post 716, Tammy wrote:@kk - why did you do a semi-detailed read of melmond in and come to the conclusion that you'd like to see more before making a decision, but took the parroting thing of cybertronix without the same level of detail ns voted him and re calling for more votes on him?

I believe parroting is usually a better scumtell. The scum-tell that Melmond was displaying usually is more convincing if there's a clearer/longer evidence of it.

The AurorusVox comment is the only reason I'm not on a Cybertronix wagon. For example, the post you quoted in reads scummy to me (maybe null at best -- I don't read it as town at all).

Acosmist is really obnoxious. I can't wait until he goes away.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
zabriel
zabriel
Mafia Scum
zabriel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:00 pm

Post by zabriel »

@BC because flavor. There weren't a whole lot of important villains in HP. Unless all the villains are MGS characters or we have some shenanigans going on, I feel like Voldemort is a reasonable assumption. All my thoughts on the subject are based on the flavor being consistent with canon. I feel like I'm repeating myself a lot and it's not really helping to keep talking about my flavor-nerding.

Well, he's not going anywhere unless we lynch him KK. I'm not really up for a policy lynch right now though.

Speaking of, what's that about a policy lynch on Melmond BC? Why not just actually call him scummy?
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:06 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 734, zabriel wrote:Well, he's not going anywhere unless we lynch him KK. I'm not really up for a policy lynch right now though.

I meant him going away for the week-end. So we can get a break from his douchy Jersey Shore-esque "Come vote me, bro!" quad postings.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:11 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

In post 734, zabriel wrote:@BC because flavor. There weren't a whole lot of important villains in HP. Unless all the villains are MGS characters or we have some shenanigans going on, I feel like Voldemort is a reasonable assumption. All my thoughts on the subject are based on the flavor being consistent with canon. I feel like I'm repeating myself a lot and it's not really helping to keep talking about my flavor-nerding.

Well, he's not going anywhere unless we lynch him KK. I'm not really up for a policy lynch right now though.

Speaking of, what's that about a policy lynch on Melmond BC? Why not just actually call him scummy?

He's suggesting that Aco is a jester.

There were plenty of villains in HP. The Deatheaters, Draco, Bellatrix, wormtail, hell.... the dursleys could be scum. playing the game under the assumption that this or that character based on the flavor has to be scum, is a worthless way to play.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:13 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

@ KK:^ good posting.

Melmond deserves votes for the jester spec anyhow. Says that Acosmist's flavor makes him probtown. Later says that Acosmist's claim is "plausible". Finally says he has been thinking Aco may be a jester for a while.
Spoiler:

In post 711, Tammy wrote:What did you think of his jump onto cybertronix?

What do you think of his repeatedly asking Ben and I to give him reasons for our vote?

Re wagon hop: wants to lynch BC but isn't trying to push it. The BC wagon actually has some moderate support and he is flat out ignoring BC while his vote is on him. Votes Cyber, citing nearby deadline and it being the better wagon compared to mine. Eh, compromise is kind of a null-tell IMO. I can see both alignments doing it, although town can be more stubborn and Mel was far from that.

Re asking about vote: Null.

I guess his apparent lack of interest in getting support for the BC lynch is weird since at least some people (Yates + others?) expressed interest in it. If Melmond flips scum, I would support a BC lynch.

tl;dr: His opinions about Acosmist are scummy as hell. I think him asking about the votes is not really a tell, but on a semi-related note his ISO shows a general lack of scumhunting. (Much like Cyber, wooo)

I also think the compromise hop is nullish, but his BC stance looks less than town motivated.

P-edit: When did Melmond speculate that a jester exists based on flavor? IIRC he just said that claiming PGO would be a good strat for it.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:16 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

UNVOTE: Cyber
VOTE: Melmond

@BC: Why did you specifically suggest a PL of Melmond for the jester spec? Is it scummy or not?
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:18 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

@AP, that flavor portion of my #736 had nothing to do with the jester speculation, just zab's view of the game.

@AP, hell yeah it's scummy.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:20 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

In post 738, AngryPidgeon wrote:UNVOTE: Cyber

@BC: Why did you specifically suggest a PL of Melmond for the jester spec? Is it scummy or not?

you're fucking putting me in an annoying spot here bro.....

Saying that if melmond flips scum that i am likely scum too, when you're essentially asking me to vote him >.>
zabriel
zabriel
Mafia Scum
zabriel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:31 pm

Post by zabriel »

[nerd]Yeah, except all of those villains are Death Eaters. Except the Dursleys. But the Dursleys weren't really villains. Just boring and unpleasant.[/nerd]

The thing that was bothering me is that you suggested a PL specifically. PL's at least in my mind are an admission that the town has no idea who to lynch. Maybe we're arguing semantics here. I do agree that Melmond doesn't look good right now.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:41 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 740, BloodCovenent wrote:
In post 738, AngryPidgeon wrote:UNVOTE: Cyber

you're fucking putting me in an annoying spot here bro.....

Saying that if melmond flips scum that i am likely scum too, when you're essentially asking me to vote him >.>

: /, if you think Mel is scum then you shouldn't hesitate to vote him.

PL suggests that he never actually did anything scummy by the way.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:44 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Oh, I see.

@Zab: I think BC is just misusing the term PL.
Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:45 pm

Post by Melmond »

In post 737, AngryPidgeon wrote:Says that Acosmist's flavor makes him probtown. Later says that Acosmist's claim is "plausible". Finally says he has been thinking Aco may be a jester for a while.

Thoughts change, especially when people who are supposed to be confirmed town aren't doing anything. It's not like I said one of these one page and then another the next... Thoughts changed after a while.
1. probtown was page 9.
2. Saying it's plausible was page 14.
3. I started thinking that it would be a good strat for jester after he just kept on with nothing helpful don't know exactly what page that would be, I'd say a couple of days.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:47 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Why didn't you talk to or about BC while voting him?
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:48 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Hm, I guess you asked me why my read changed on him.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:51 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I just don't get why you weren't advocating his wagon at all.
Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:56 pm

Post by Melmond »

Partly because earlier in the week, I was having a hard time keeping up, and he was gone sunday and monday, so I didn't get my answer from him about ThAd until he got back. And I haven't seen much more scum posting from him after that, I just get the feeling he's scum. ATM I think Cyber is a better lynch.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:36 am

Post by Yates »

Is it just me or is this game getting more and more annoying to read every day?

Zab talked himself back into the leaning scum pile with that Jester nonsense.
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”