Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Legacy (Game Over)

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:40 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Mykonian, what is your read on snifit?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:42 am

Post by mastin2 »

Myk, you know me better than that. :P

I don't BS as scum when it comes to suspects. (Maybe, say, when trying to come up with an explanation of why my predecessor acted the way they did, sure; I'll BS that. :P But suspects? Never; I believe every word, else I'd not say it.)

I really fail to see how you can't see the point about snifit. He's claimed his vote wasn't serious. All evidence points to it having been serious. His posts before suggested it would be serious. His posts after support it having been serious. That's not him having turned something non-serious into serious, that's him having always been serious with the vote, and yet, he claims otherwise. Hence, the lie. (Or backtrack, if you'd prefer--see below.)

And no comment on Nero?
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:46 am

Post by mykonian »

tbh, I don't. I know you as a player who does more then he can get away with, a schemer with great plans of which many are infeasable. No offense, but subtlety isn't your forte.

I think if you could make a case on something
obviously wrong
, you'd abuse it, thinking you could fool people easily. And the timing seems to support that vision.

@nero, I've only seen snifit in a game where he was confirmed town. He was uhm, underwhelming, though I might have had a hand in that. At least I tried to crush his spirit a bit, though I don't know if the resulting play was the result of that or just normal. In general, I have no clue how to read him.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:50 am

Post by Nero Cain »

So...a player from 2008 has no read...are you scum?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:14 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Actually from the time Mastin voted Snifit up until the time he asked me why I was ignoring the rest of the case to focus on the lying part of it, I don't think Mastin said a single thing about why Snifit is scum except for the lying case. >.>

Also:
In post 1001, mastin2 wrote:Scum will have to kill me sooner than later :P

Because
I'm town.
:P

Player X is obviously
going to flip scum.

I write things down in a QT. :P

<3

In post 981, mastin2 wrote:You're ignoring that part of the case.

You never actually made a case on Snifit except for the lie before this point. Am I missing something here?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:18 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

AP and Mykonian are defending Snifit really hard....

AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:19 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Nero Cain is sure defending Mastin really hard....
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:24 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Ok, actually serious response. If Snifit flips town (mystically by some form of voodoo magic) what would your reads on Mastin, me and RC be?

I agree that Snifit is scummy, but Mastin forcing through the issue that he obviously lied and is therefore guaranteed scum does not give me warm fuzzies.

Buuut, I had a scum read on Mastin for similar reasons in 1377.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:26 pm

Post by mykonian »

In post 1003, Nero Cain wrote:So...a player from 2008 has no read...are you scum?

No. I'm just someone who has learned not to shout reads when you don't have them. And snifit falls in the category of players I've been wrong about more then I've been right.

The game just finished, so you can check where I got the above from. He was a mason, confirmed town, and was left alive. He was wrong mostly, sometimes right, never really active. The only point of the game where he really pushed something was right after he'd been confirmed town (and then he pushed someone who was playing townie IMO). I shouted at him, and in my experience I heard little from snifit afterwards.

So I'm going to find someone who I think town and going to see what they think about snifit in a couple of days, and that's going to be my read :)
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:47 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

bbl

Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:41 pm

Post by Kise »

In post 757, PeregrineV wrote:This page plus Melmond ISO=seems to
NOT
be a bad lynch, but on 15 now.

In post 844, PeregrineV wrote:Melmond not a good lynch. Please to vote rapidcanyon right now.

In post 903, PeregrineV wrote:Melmond is town. I'll not vote him, and suspect everyone on his wagon.

Explain \Explain how Mel went from not a bad lynch (when he was at 6 votes) to town?

snif and AP in this thing together. Obvious now.

Vote snifit

jason I don't got nothing else to comment on. Counterwagons were allowed to happen, I got bored, I played games. There's no one else looking scummier than my original list.

Midl finger for you nero
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:43 pm

Post by Kise »

Nero
In post 299, Kise wrote:Rope for snifit too.

Yet…
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:38 pm

Post by Yates »

In post 990, Nero Cain wrote:So scum would call me town all the time since they knew I was town. After returning from rumspringa, I've been getting more and more town calling me town...though I'm still incredibly cautious/parinoid.

This was EXACTLY my case on AP yesterday and why his buddying gave me paranoia. EXACTLY this.

As to this:
In post 996, mastin2 wrote:I'm not saying he shifted a non-serious vote into a serious vote.

I'm saying he's lying about it ever having been not serious.
That's an accurate statement and a good point. I was planning on quoting an earlier post but this sort of encapsulates the case. I can't understand why snifit is saying his vote wasn't serious when he plainly placed a serious vote. I'm not automagically calling snifit scum but something about this is not right. If I apply some confirmation bias to the situation it looks like caught scum trying to backpedal.

@snifit - what's the truth?

In post 1010, Kise wrote:snif and AP in this thing together. Obvious now.
Possible. Then again Nero and Mastin look like a matching set as well. *shrug*
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:43 pm

Post by Yates »

In post 943, AngryPidgeon wrote:Yes, but it makes the zabriel case OBVIOUS BULLSHIT. Anyone talking about his 'slip' needs to die.

What ever happened to this angle? I liked where it was headed.
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
zabriel
zabriel
Mafia Scum
zabriel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:32 pm

Post by zabriel »

VOTE: Snifit

Agreements on the wagon. I think AP's opposition to Mastin's aggression is scummy as shit. It just looks like he's trying to distance from snifit and finger Mastin in one shot.
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:37 pm

Post by pappums rat »

Votecount 2.2

"Farewell, Aragog. King of the arachnids. Your body will decay... but your spirit lingers on and your human friends find solace, the loss they have sustained." -Horace Slughorn, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

snifit - 4 (Nero Cain, mastin2, Kise, zabriel)
rapidcanyon - 2 (snifit, AngryPidgeon)
AngryPidgeon - 1 (jasonT1981)
mastin2 - 1 (mykonian)
mykonian - 1 (Yates)
Benmage - 1 (Acosmist)

Not voting - BloodCovenant, PeregrineV, pidgey, Zoroaster, Benmage, ThAdmiral, Tammy, Kublai Khan, rapidcanyon

With 19 alive it takes 10 to lynch.

The deadline for Day 2 is 3 PM EST on November 15, 2012.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:05 pm

Post by Tammy »

Okay, this is going to be brief. I'm sick as hell and going back to bed.

Nero <3

Hi mastin and pidgey. Mastin I'll respond to you tomorrow or sometime this weekend, but I do have some read spread throughout my iso although there are a couple things I want to reevaluate after melmond coming back town.

I'll comment on the snifit stuff later too, but my heads pounding right now.

Also, and I'm not really sure how to handle this, but I received a message last night. I had this role once before and was told the basic purpose of it was to confirm that role and that someone took that action, instead of killing I guess, that night. Anyway, I dont know if i sould have kept that to myself, but ill be able to verify the sender if and when its necessary. For the last two parts, I feel the same and yes.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:21 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Wow, what?

Zabriel, how am I distancing from Snifit. If ANYTHING, it can be argued I'm doing the opposite.

I honestly would not be shocked if its Kise/Snifit/Zabriel purely because those two are trying to construe my Mastin pressure as a Snifit defense. I keep saying Snifit is scummy. The only thing bothering me right now is how much of a free pass Mastin is getting for shoving a case that IMO is hinged on a singular sketchy point.

I agree that Snifit's wishy-washy stances (and general lack of scum hunting) is scummy. This SNIFIT LIED, KILL KILL KILL is awfully: :shifty:

Yes, I get hes scummy. But Mastin accused me of ignoring the rest of the Snifit case. ISO Mastin from start to when he told me that, and tell me that he made ANY point against Snifit that was not about the 'lie'. Right. Although somewhat ironically, I see I have no suggested the same scum team that Mastin did previously:
In post 946, mastin2 wrote:By the way, preliminary scumteam of Kise, Snifit, Zabriel, with one of/both of Benmage/RC (depending on 4/5 scum)

But my point stands.

And the cheerleading on this wagon is absolutely absurd. I mean seriously, 3/4 people on the wagon have suggested that I am buddies with Snifit because I'm presently voting MY best read and doubting Mastin's alignment.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:25 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

5 pages in 12 hours? You guys are assholes.

In post 913, mastin2 wrote:Whoah. Cool.

VOTE: Khan Man.

Policy.

Nice to see you too, mastin2. I'm really weirded out that you're calling me a town-read and overall ignoring me.

In post 943, AngryPidgeon wrote:P-p-pedit: Yes, but it makes the zabriel case OBVIOUS BULLSHIT. Anyone talking about his 'slip' needs to die.

Why? People had a theory that maybe he scum-slipped (that he was in a small mafia and suspected another mafia). That doesn't seem to be true. Why should people die because they formed a theory that didn't pan out?
@Nero Cain - same question
@snifit - same question

In post 990, Nero Cain wrote:After returning from rumspringa,

Top notch reference.

In post 998, Nero Cain wrote:Hey Pidgey, remember what we spoke about.

dafuq?

In post 1016, Tammy wrote:Also, and I'm not really sure how to handle this, but I received a message last night. I had this role once before and was told the basic purpose of it was to confirm that role and that someone took that action, instead of killing I guess, that night. Anyway, I dont know if i sould have kept that to myself, but ill be able to verify the sender if and when its necessary. For the last two parts, I feel the same and yes.

Maybe it's the way you worded that, but you made it sound like the person who messaged you had the option of messaging or killing. Is that the case?

Other than that.. I'm not liking mastin2's snifit case. It feels like a attempt to railroad a lynch. But mastin2 replaced Cybertronix, so.. yeah.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:36 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1018, Kublai Khan wrote:Other than that.. I'm not liking mastin2's snifit case. It feels like a attempt to railroad a lynch. But mastin2 replaced Cybertronix, so.. yeah.

Breaking: Kublai Khan is now officially on Snifit's team!!!!! Really, I do not understand how Zabriel/Kise are piling on the Snifit wagon, despite also being listed as Mastin scum reads, and chanting "CHOO CHOO" and not giving a single shit about how forced Mastin's case is. You both realize that the bullshit express is likely headed in your directions after Snifit dies and flips anything, right? I can't makes heads or tails of this clusterfuck in my head. Everyone went full retard.

Yates: I'm too lazy to go looking through the thread for people who were doing that. I think Blood Covenant was. Possibly Ben, but I think hes town.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:38 pm

Post by Kise »

Not to toot my own horn, but I've been on you/IAI and snifit longer than today. I'm not piggybacking off mastin.

I'm rude. Wassup M-dawg?

Yet…
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:41 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Kise, are you scum?

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:43 pm

Post by Kise »

Only if I'm scum with you.

Yet…
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:47 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Kise, I don't care about your snifit read. I think he has a better than normal chance of flipping scum too.

I care that you are linking me with Snifit and that you apparently are 100% unconcerned with Mastin despite his case being forced and him listing you as a scum read.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:51 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 1022, Kise wrote:Only if I'm scum with you.

Cheeky.

Vote: Kise

Why did you lie in post ?

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”