Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Legacy (Game Over)

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:18 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Also, why do you "care" about my Cyber town read when you are voting melmund? lol

+

How convenient that RC shows up when his name is called...
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:24 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 794, rapidcanyon wrote:That is a loaded question. You present two reasons you think I suspect Angry neither of which are credible or accurate.

I suspect Angry because as I have outlined in , his predecessor's scummy actions, his substandard play compared to his town play as I point out later, and his misrepresentation of my meta. Again, "misrepresented meta" is not the same as "he's calling you scum" so here is my question: do you not understand what I am writing or are pretending to not understand so you can continue to justify your vote?

It
was
a loaded question.

It also underlines that you have been actively avoiding the thread since posting .

Angry had been discussed ad nauseam since post 366. I don't care too much about him, since he'll be lynched or cleared fairly soon.

I care that you have time to show up when the lamp is rubbed, and instead of scum-hunting, you are defending yourself from your single vote.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:25 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 795, AngryPidgeon wrote:Oh don't give me that bullshit. You, like me, love being the person making decisions and driving shit. You were slightly inactive at the front end of P4, but other than that you
1. Post a LOT
2. Are WAY more emotional than you are right now (honestly, I cannot tell that you have given more than 1 fuck about this game)
3. Actively wall up the thread to get people to see your PoV.

You did it in both games I was in with you and 2 games that I read of yours. now how about you actually give us some content? Respond to Shah's comments on you.

All 3 of the above also describe you perfectly.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:44 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Well I did say You,
like me
, ...
>.>

@Nero: Because I think Cyber is scummy. I could understand if people don't agree with that since he hasn't posted much. But has he really town told at all? I kind of see the AV point though.
In post 801, PeregrineV wrote:I care that you have time to show up when the
lamp is rubbed
, and instead of scum-hunting, you are defending yourself from your single vote.

lol. I like you.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:29 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 785, Benmage wrote:Yeah NC the wagon I was on and really helped launch too.

But I read some of Acos last posts... daring us to lynch him.

DO YOU WANT A PGO IN LYLO?? I don't... So lets give him his wish and end him.

We can discuss his lynch the next day. I'm agreeing with you that we need a lynch. For you to say "we need a lynch but I'm going to vote someone that has little or no chance of going through today." is just stupid. If you believe we need a lynch then vote one of the top wagons and help us reach a lynch. You've been weird this entire game. If you are town please stop this "teehee Ima be anti-town!!! WEE-EEEE!!!" + you had a town read on Aco earlier...
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:44 am

Post by Benmage »

Meh a weak early game read. HES DONE shit since... Thats his "play" being terrible.... :? :? I'll lynch melmond if you can get it close enough.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:54 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 775, Kublai Khan wrote:I hope you're not expecting me to hold off voting someone based on speculation of multiple scum groups before a single night has passed.

And no, it doesn't absolutely rule out a AurorusVox/Cybetronix scumteam but it makes it so improbable that I'm happy ignoring the possibility atm.

But please explain your "I've got such a town read on Melmond that I'm going to actively prevent his lynch" attitude.

Fair enough about avox/cyber, we'll have to agree to disagree. Here is where I explain my townread on melmond:
In post 545, ThAdmiral wrote:- melmond
Melmond looks good to me. Mainly because he comes to a lot of the same conclusions I have (which indicates he is coming from a town perspective), and has explained himself and his thought processes fairly well from the get go. I also like how he isn't afraid of saying that his opinions changed (mainly in regards to zabriel) - I've often found that scum will find a target and then not budge off them unless they have a good reason to do so.

In post 765, snifit wrote:Haven't had time to review Cybertronix and Melmond but I see Cyber's wagon is smaller so
Vote: Cybertronix

I must have glazed over this before. You're going to need to explain this.

In post 779, PeregrineV wrote:@ThAd- his first 4 posts outside of RVS are nothing. And his quick jump to Cyber wagon near the end of his ISO.

You're going to have to explain this. I mean I'm not trying to blow my horn or anything but I can't see how you can look at my posts 2-5 and think they are "nothing".

Also: answer my question inn 774.

In post 792, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 774, ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 706, Nero Cain wrote:meh. Memond has a few scummy posts. He'd be a better lynch that Cyber. You have town reads on both AP and Snifit right?

Point them out pls.

Why do you want me to do your work for you?

What the fuck is this shit?
No I don't want you to do my work for me, I want you to explain which ones of melmond's posts are, as you say, "scummy". That's not my work.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:33 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

RC wagon should happen today. But I agree with Benmage that the day is dragging.
Zoroaster
Zoroaster
Goon
Zoroaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:32 pm

Post by Zoroaster »

Myko wrote:11. Zoroaster - has a very unfortunate name
Is this for relating to Zoraster?

In post 781, PeregrineV wrote:@Zoroaster- I was wondering if you have any scum games you can link to?
Unfortunately, no.

AP wrote:2. Are WAY more emotional than you are right now (honestly, I cannot tell that you have given more than 1 fuck about this game)
RapidCanyon's rage game was the exception. Not the rule.

AP wrote:and 2 games that I read of yours.
I'd like to see it done in two games because I've only seen it in one. Granted, I don't strive to look at people's games.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:11 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

@ThAd- 779 was my answer to 774. I was responding to you about Melmond, not talking about you.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:45 pm

Post by pappums rat »

Votecount 1.19

"The new blood has been rejected!" -The Pain, Metal Gear Solid 3

AngryPidgeon - 6 (Kise, Acosmist, rapidcanyon, Yates, jasonT1981, Zoroaster)
Melmond - 5 (Tammy, zabriel, Kublai Khan, Angry Pidgeon, Nero Cain)
Cybertronix - 4 (BloodCovenant, ThAdmiral, Melmond, snifit)
zabriel - 1 (Cybertronix)
Acosmist - 1 (Benmage)
rapidcanyon - 1 (PeregrineV)

Not voting - mykonian, Amrun

BloodCovenant is V/LA until Monday.

With 20 alive it takes 11 to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is 10 PM EST on November 3, 2012.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:21 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 776, jasonT1981 wrote:I think a bit of pressure is due on Kise.. he said he is reading, then says he did little, then makes a fluff posting.

Seems like scum trying to skate by uninterested in the game right now

That's Day 2 stuff. We're 30 pages+ in and within days of the deadline. Let's get more than halfway to a lynch, yes?

In post 783, Nero Cain wrote:but what does seem rather odd is he's "like lets end the day but I'm going to vote someone who isn't going to get lynched while calling one of the leading wagons scum."

I agree with this. It's very fucking odd behavior.

In post 792, Nero Cain wrote:But I was legit asking if Tammy was sheeping me but I did want to make it clear that I was the one that said the sheeping thing first since both you and Thad seem to have just ignored it, not that I care about "credit". I mean Thad thinks I'm sheeping Tammy with my Cyber town read.

Ah. That's a fair point to make to ThAdmiral then. I apologize for missing your point earlier as I wasn't focused on Cybertronix at the time. I read it, it just didn't stick.

In post 806, ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 775, Kublai Khan wrote:I hope you're not expecting me to hold off voting someone based on speculation of multiple scum groups before a single night has passed.

And no, it doesn't absolutely rule out a AurorusVox/Cybetronix scumteam but it makes it so improbable that I'm happy ignoring the possibility atm.

But please explain your "I've got such a town read on Melmond that I'm going to actively prevent his lynch" attitude.

Fair enough about avox/cyber, we'll have to agree to disagree. Here is where I explain my townread on melmond:
In post 545, ThAdmiral wrote:- melmond
Melmond looks good to me. Mainly because he comes to a lot of the same conclusions I have (which indicates he is coming from a town perspective), and has explained himself and his thought processes fairly well from the get go. I also like how he isn't afraid of saying that his opinions changed (mainly in regards to zabriel) - I've often found that scum will find a target and then not budge off them unless they have a good reason to do so.

That's a pretty weak town read, if you don't mind my saying so.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:38 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 809, PeregrineV wrote:@ThAd- 779 was my answer to 774. I was responding to you about Melmond, not talking about you.

Ah, that makes more a lot more sense.
I can see what you are saying but outside of the start of his iso (the "nothing" posts) and the end of his iso (the jump on cyber, which is debatably scummy based on what alignment cyber actually is) I think there is a fair bit of quality posting in there.

In post 811, Kublai Khan wrote:That's a pretty weak town read, if you don't mind my saying so.

I'll be honest I am tearing up a bit, but I think I'll make it.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:17 am

Post by Yates »

In post 751, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 749, Yates wrote:Zab talked himself back into the leaning scum pile with that Jester nonsense.

but it was Melmond that suggested jester. The hell is wrong with you Yates?

My bad. I was over-tired and must have put that note down in the wrong place.

In post 754, Nero Cain wrote:I'm tossing Yates back into my null pile. This is like the third or 4th time his made false and derpy statements like this.

What were the other two or three?

Accidentally attributing a quote to the wrong person is far less scummy than making stuff up, wouldn't you agree? <_<
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:04 am

Post by Melmond »

In post 782, jasonT1981 wrote:I don't like this

I have often argued the longer a day goes, the better for town... however the longer it goes, the worse for scum.

Ben's thinking seems to be scum thinking, not caring what blood is spilled, just as long as the day ends

I really don't think this is scum thinking, this day has gone on for the full 2 weeks and 33 pages, there's just been an extension.
Plus I do better with flips, I get ideas and post more.

In post 794, rapidcanyon wrote:I suspect Angry because as I have outlined in 366, his predecessor's scummy actions, his substandard play compared to his town play as I point out later, and his misrepresentation of my meta. Again, "misrepresented meta" is not the same as "he's calling you scum" so here is my question: do you not understand what I am writing or are pretending to not understand so you can continue to justify your vote?

I think AP's been doing pretty good. He might triple and quadruple post a lot, but he has been giving his viewpoints and stuff...

In post 774, ThAdmiral wrote:Also I'm pretty sure jesters are only in bastard games these days and I believe that has to be advertised.

Ah, I see :eek:
Well, at least I shall die as I have lived. Completely surrounded by morons.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:54 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 811, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 783, Nero Cain wrote:but what does seem rather odd is he's "like lets end the day but I'm going to vote someone who isn't going to get lynched while calling one of the leading wagons scum."

I agree with this. It's very fucking odd behavior.

Did you opt not to read the segment of me being fine to aide lynching melmond, once he gets closer??

Also, say Acos never claimed PGO, what would your read on him be?
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:01 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

I guess you're right, I actually didn't realize it was 2 weeks already.
snifit
snifit
Mafia Scum
snifit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:19 am

Post by snifit »

Major scum vibes from Melmond's and . He promises "ISOs and stuff" then comes back with some unjustified townreads (fine), and IGMEOU pointed at KK for his Jason-townread (whatever), and a vote for zabriel, who he says nothing about and who was the leading wagon before the daykill reset the votecount (scummy).
Then he sheeps ThAd and decides that zabriel is town somehow? The turnaround doesn't make sense to me.
The jester stuff is null, but at least he prefers Cyber to AP.

Cyber's ISO...really? It's all promises to catch up and whining that people shouldn't be voting for him. Good Lord.

Ugh. My desire to purge Cyber out of the game is strong but my read on Melmond is stronger.

That said, my desire to lynch rapidcanyon is stronger still. His posting in general sucks but isn't scummy per se until his activity drops off. His accusations towards AP of poor play don't make any sense--he's saying AP called out scum on D1 then led the last scum lynch in another game. Fine. I can't understand how a townie can make this complaint though. It's D1. Maybe he has nailed scum today? RC has no way of knowing. His suspicion is a pretense and his drop off in activity after he voted for the leading wagon is scummy. A quick search of his posts shows he wasn't just prod-dodging in other games, as RC says.
vote: rapidcanyon

Lynch this guy.
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:04 am

Post by Acosmist »

In post 778, Benmage wrote:
unvote vote Acosmist

I'm taking him up on his offer. Dudes does shit, I don't want him in lylo(but he wont be nk'd catch 22)... he's proven himself scummy enough.

You're afraid I'll win lynch-or-lose for town like I did in Alien?

OK, so you're scumclaiming day 1? Why, dude? Why not wait? You that pissed you lost your buddy to a daykill?
Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens.
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:06 am

Post by Acosmist »

In post 805, Benmage wrote:Meh a weak early game read. HES DONE shit since... Thats his "play" being terrible.... :? :? I'll lynch melmond if you can get it close enough.

So Benmage tried to get me lynched while I was in Pittsburgh, and horribly failed at it?

Yeah

UNVOTE: , VOTE: Benmage

vote not moving today, pile on
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:07 am

Post by Acosmist »

Did you think I was fucking making up not being here? That I didn't update the game I modded and made up a fucking story?

time to get 2 scum before night 1 even starts!
snifit
snifit
Mafia Scum
snifit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:40 am

Post by snifit »

Acosmist you've done fuck all this game. Stop with the ridiculous posturing.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:20 am

Post by mykonian »

ok, starting the read of this monstrosity now.

@KK. Kuribo then, I guess. I don't know korlash other then by name.

In post 792, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 773, mykonian wrote:nero calls me town while my predescor has 4 posts.

not exactly. True your slot is in the town pile but that's b/c I think there are scummier slots in the game.
What was the point of listing all the players in the game and stating weather or not you've played with them?

Bolded stinks.

And either people react or they don't. And it's the thing I can do simply which is actually useful to me without actually reading the game.

@zor, yes
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:10 pm

Post by Benmage »

@Acos, how did my commentary affect you being away?

You made a blank statement to lynch you. I took you up on that. You being V/La had nothing to do with it.

Try paying attention. You (being yourplay) FUCKIN BLOWS this game, and everyone sees it.

Your curious how you almost got lynched in past games as a BP, or as a COP??? Well if its a reflection of this game, the answer is YOU FUCKING SUCK.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:27 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

VOTE: Rapid Canyon

Benmage and Acosmist should be more productive with their votes.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”