Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Legacy (Game Over)

Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:16 pm

Post by Melmond »

VOTE: Amrun
Well, at least I shall die as I have lived. Completely surrounded by morons.
Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (isolation #1) » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:52 pm

Post by Melmond »

In post 11, jasonT1981 wrote:Solid Snake... in a Harry Potter game..

Yea, no.

It's a harry potter/metal gear solid mashup.
Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (isolation #2) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:17 pm

Post by Melmond »

Jason's "townslip" is null to me. I think it could go either way.

In post 22, BloodCovenent wrote:would it make more sense to lynch Acosmist relatively soon (before lets say... day 3), than leave him alive being unconfirmed?

I don't really agree with this, I think we should decide what to do based on how scummy he seems as the days go on. I don't think we should policy lynch him too soon.
Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (isolation #3) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:02 pm

Post by Melmond »

Prod dodging, sorry, was busy today. Will post later tonight.
Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (isolation #4) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:18 pm

Post by Melmond »

Acosmist seems town, and his claim seems legit. I think the FOXDIE part seems like a good explanation to the role.
Right now, out of what has been posted, Yates seems the scummiest to me. His role/flavor fishing doesn't seem good, especially because I get the feel that he's experienced enough to know that that isn't a good thing to do.
I need to do some ISO's and stuff though.
More tomorrow.
UNVOTE: for now.
Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (isolation #5) » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:43 am

Post by Melmond »

In post 209, Nero Cain wrote:cool beans though we are talking about Zab now. What do you think of him?

His posts haven't been very good, he doesn't look at things before he speaks, I don't know if this is too big of a scumtell, but I kinda have a gut-scumread on him.

In post 234, Tammy wrote:Of Yates seems the scummier to you, why didn't you vote him?

It was late and I wasn't done with my research and thinking. I have a bit less of a scumread on him, because of points others brought out about him not backing off his question. I think that scum would back off. So I think that was a good point.

I've picked up a few town reads, I think ben seems pretty town, Kise made a good post and actually made me rethink some of the views I had on people. Tammy and jason also both seem pretty town.

I've had a slight scum feel on KK though. Like others said, I also think he was quick to make a townread on jason. Something about that just doesn't seem right. Thats the only thing I would think is really scummy as of now though. So IGMEOU.

For now, VOTE: Zabriel
Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (isolation #6) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:50 pm

Post by Melmond »

In post 22, BloodCovenent wrote:would it make more sense to lynch Acosmist relatively soon (before lets say... day 3), than leave him alive being unconfirmed?

As I said before, I don't like the idea of a policy lynch on Acosmist. I don't see any reason for planning that this early.
In post 42, BloodCovenent wrote:you're right. if you've played any MGS games, you'd know snake keeps his cool and isn't a bitch.

Seriously doubting his claim because of this is just absurd, especially without knowing the flavor. Unless he's actually doing something scummy, why lynch him, it's not like, say.... A hated townie. :wink:

And not to mention, the whole 2 mafias thing with Zabriel.
My thoughts are the same as ThAdmiral in his #277
And why the vote on ThAd? You haven't said anything before this.
VOTE: Blood Covenant
Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (isolation #7) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:20 pm

Post by Melmond »

Looking back at ISO's Acosmist really hasn't been doing much so far. He's been posting, but it's mostly fluff.
In post 278, Acosmist wrote:VOTE: ThAdmiral

What was this all about?

IaI doesn't look good either, but I'd like to hear more from him before just going ahead and saying he's scum.
Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (isolation #8) » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:16 am

Post by Melmond »

In post 364, Kise wrote:What was bad about that?

Well if you would have read the next sentence, and not cut it out of your quote on me, I said I agree with ThAd's 277
In post 277, ThAdmiral wrote:
And this is bad "Look at this nail in the coffin I found" stuff. He didn't slip. He's not saying "there
is
2 scum teams". Furthermore it's not even scummy to postulate about multiple scumteams in a large theme game.

Why is it scummy to mention that there may be 2 scumteams? I think that it's grasping for straws to think that that was a slip. He said
IF
there were two mafias, not "there are two mafias".

In post 418, zabriel wrote:Melmond is a bit of a lurkerbunny isn't he? In 330 he has a go at BC for his attitude back in 42. Granted, it was fanbitching and dumb, but I think we were kind of past that.

He's doing a bunch of things that I've already been yelled at for doing, and that's weird to me. Also, I don't like his reluctance in 331. He throws some soft shit at Aco and IaI, but he doesn't want to actually call them scummy. I'm not sure what he actually thinks about Aco, just that he's opposed to a policy lynch and finds Aco's posts fluffy.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Melmond

So, what's up Melmond? What do you think about Angry Pidgeon?

I was explaining why I think BC is scum, so that's why I brought up 42. It went with my case.
As for IaI, I hadn't heard much from him, so I didn't want to go ahead and call him scum right away, but I do find AP scummy.
And for Acosmist, I don't agree with a policy lynch on him, but he hasn't been doing much, as I said, he's been posting a lot of fluff, so I don't have a townread on him as of now.. He's null.

In post 420, AngryPidgeon wrote:In post 208, Melmond wrote:
Acosmist seems town, and his claim seems legit. I think the FOXDIE part seems like a good explanation to the role.
Right now, out of what has been posted, Yates seems the scummiest to me. His role/flavor fishing doesn't seem good, especially because I get the feel that he's experienced enough to know that that isn't a good thing to do.
I need to do some ISO's and stuff though.
More tomorrow.
UNVOTE: for now.

This is pretty shallow. Bolded looks like he is acknowledging that Yates is town and making an anti-town play instead of just scummy.

I hadn't decided exactly what his motivation for the fishing was at the time, but it didn't seem good. Later I decided on it being more of anti town play. I've still got my eye on him though.

As of now, I'd be fine with either a BC or a AP lynch, I'd still prefer a BC lynch though.
More explanation about my read of AP later.
Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (isolation #9) » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:18 am

Post by Melmond »

Oh also,
@Tammy and Benmage: Why are you two voting me? You gave no reason along with the vote.
Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (isolation #10) » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:21 am

Post by Melmond »

In post 450, AngryPidgeon wrote:P-edit: Memond, read on Zabriel right now?
Is IaI replacing out a scumtell?

Right now, I'm leaning town on zabriel.
And no, I don't think him replacing out is a scumtell, he said earlier that he had a lot going on in is life, I'll take his word for it.
Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (isolation #11) » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:17 pm

Post by Melmond »

In post 453, AngryPidgeon wrote:Votes Zabriel for gut.
Switches to BC for doubting the Acosmist claim.
FoS's Acosmist.
Defends Zabriel from the 2-team slip attack.
???
Townread on Zabriel.

It was more than doubting the claim. He wanted to policy lynch him for it. Along with the other stuff I said.
Just because I currently think Acosmists claim is plausible, doesn't mean that I'm not going to scumhunt him.
As for Zabriel, my opinion of him changed. A lot happened and some good points were brought out that changed this.
Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (isolation #12) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:48 am

Post by Melmond »

In post 457, Kise wrote:What do you think about Kublai?

Pretty null right now, I thought he was slightly scummy before, but he doesn't seem bad now.

In post 534, Benmage wrote:Melmond lynch is where its at!

You still haven't explained this... Why do you think I'm scum anyway?
Also
@tammy
explaination plox.

Catching up right now, more in a few hours.
Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #609 (isolation #13) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:40 pm

Post by Melmond »

@ThAd: What changed your mind about BC being scum?

@Acosmist: When can we expect the stuff irl to be over and get real content from you?

Looking at AP's ISO right now, should have a read on him shortly.
Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #612 (isolation #14) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:04 pm

Post by Melmond »

To come up with a proper read on you. Your ideas are a lot different than mine, so I don't like them much, but I don't know if I actually have a serious scum read on you.
Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #613 (isolation #15) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:10 pm

Post by Melmond »

In post 422, AngryPidgeon wrote:

Prob Scum:
Cybertronix
Nero Cain
Blood Covenent

In post 508, AngryPidgeon wrote:Basically my condensed opinions:

Towny: Zabriel, Blood Cov, Acosmist, Yates, Zoroaster, Benmage
Less towny: Snifit, Kise

What caused you to go from prob scum to towny on BC in the 80 or so posts between these reads?
Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #647 (isolation #16) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:17 am

Post by Melmond »

My vote's not doing any good by staying on BC, he's not getting lynched today...
So I'll change to Cybertronix. He's the best wagon thats going right now.
AP is more likely town.
VOTE: Cybertronix
Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #723 (isolation #17) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:07 pm

Post by Melmond »

In post 718, Tammy wrote:Melmond I'm voting you because I have a scum read on you. There's a lack of something to hold onto in your posts.Your case on BC was bad, in that it felt forced. I believe that you believe it but I got a sense of a possible bus/distance going on between you, and you are a stronger scum read for me than he is. Later I didn't like you asking why we were voting you, this could be personality but meh. There were never more than four votes on you and no more we're piling on so it read as you being too overly concerned about how you were being viewed. I also don't like your wagon hop onto cyber. If you have a strong scum read, why aren't you trying to push it? Also, why are you voting cyber? You didn't give a reason other than him being the best wagon that's going on right now. Why is he the best? Your jump onto cyber feels a bit survivalistic, which also reads weird to me because you only had three votes and no one else was saying they would jump on.

There's only 3-4 days left of day 1 and I don't feel like AP is scum. I do think cyber is though
He doesn't do any scumhunting whatsoever in his first few posts, then when he does, he votes zab, who was the main wagon at the time, using BC's 2 scumteam excuse. I also don't like BC for this, so you would see why I don't like it... And hasn't done anything else except defend himself since then.
We're going to need to decide on something in the next few days, and I don't support AP being lynched.
Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #724 (isolation #18) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:21 pm

Post by Melmond »

In post 662, Acosmist wrote:How is this not real content?

Wallposts with no content are, by definition, not real content.

I'm not reading them and my presumption is that anyone making one is scum trying to hide stuff behind squid ink.

So, by all means, let the scumclaims continue.

Really you're just not going to read the game.. :roll:
You're not really scumhunting, just voting various people with no reason, saying your not reading the wall posts, you're just making a bunch of jokes. And you seem to be riding off your PGO claim.

What I've been thinking for a while now is that if you're not a PGO, you're a jester. That would make sense to me, because by claiming PGO you're not going to get NK'd and by playing like you are, you could very easily get lynched at some point, it wouldn't be a bad way to play it.
Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #732 (isolation #19) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:45 pm

Post by Melmond »

Why would I vote you if I said u might be a jester?
That makes no sense. I didn't say I think you're scum, but you need to fucking do more than bullshit around.
Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #744 (isolation #20) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:45 pm

Post by Melmond »

In post 737, AngryPidgeon wrote:Says that Acosmist's flavor makes him probtown. Later says that Acosmist's claim is "plausible". Finally says he has been thinking Aco may be a jester for a while.

Thoughts change, especially when people who are supposed to be confirmed town aren't doing anything. It's not like I said one of these one page and then another the next... Thoughts changed after a while.
1. probtown was page 9.
2. Saying it's plausible was page 14.
3. I started thinking that it would be a good strat for jester after he just kept on with nothing helpful don't know exactly what page that would be, I'd say a couple of days.
Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #748 (isolation #21) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:56 pm

Post by Melmond »

Partly because earlier in the week, I was having a hard time keeping up, and he was gone sunday and monday, so I didn't get my answer from him about ThAd until he got back. And I haven't seen much more scum posting from him after that, I just get the feeling he's scum. ATM I think Cyber is a better lynch.
Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #814 (isolation #22) » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:04 am

Post by Melmond »

In post 782, jasonT1981 wrote:I don't like this

I have often argued the longer a day goes, the better for town... however the longer it goes, the worse for scum.

Ben's thinking seems to be scum thinking, not caring what blood is spilled, just as long as the day ends

I really don't think this is scum thinking, this day has gone on for the full 2 weeks and 33 pages, there's just been an extension.
Plus I do better with flips, I get ideas and post more.

In post 794, rapidcanyon wrote:I suspect Angry because as I have outlined in 366, his predecessor's scummy actions, his substandard play compared to his town play as I point out later, and his misrepresentation of my meta. Again, "misrepresented meta" is not the same as "he's calling you scum" so here is my question: do you not understand what I am writing or are pretending to not understand so you can continue to justify your vote?

I think AP's been doing pretty good. He might triple and quadruple post a lot, but he has been giving his viewpoints and stuff...

In post 774, ThAdmiral wrote:Also I'm pretty sure jesters are only in bastard games these days and I believe that has to be advertised.

Ah, I see :eek:
Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #834 (isolation #23) » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:38 pm

Post by Melmond »

In post 819, Acosmist wrote:So Benmage tried to get me lynched while I was in Pittsburgh, and horribly failed at it?

Yeah

UNVOTE: , VOTE: Benmage

vote not moving today, pile on

This is a terrible OMGUS vote. You're pretty much playing anti-town and saying that anyone who votes you is scum and that's how we should catch them...
In case you didn't realise this, we don't have any proof that you are a PGO, so we can't just take your word for it.
Seriously, could you just stop this and your ego posts, and just play right?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”