Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:30 am

Post by Zdenek »

I feel that ToastyToast's 273 really exaggerates the possibility of a connection between Tammy, Tierce and UberNinja. H certainly doesn't justify his view of this in that post. I I think that the things that he points out relating Tierce to UN make sense in the context of what Tierce's has has to say about how she's played in past games and how she plans to play in this one. There is almost bound to be some sort of conflict.

In post 278, Hinduragi wrote:Here, everyone knows scum would be more careful about theri posting, especially if UN is scum and did something that bad. Yes, it's possible he's scum. But, given his rep, it's also possible he's just dumb town who fucked up a vote. I'd lean towards town.

I'm pretty sure that I won't be the first to say this, but sometimes scum fuck up because they don't care where their vote is or because they forget the lie they are currently telling. Frankly, I have no idea why you would be leaning town here. To me it seems as though at best you could say that it's null.

In post 286, Hinduragi wrote:
Hindu, If I, or Glork, or you, or DDD, or hell almost anyone pulled "gee golly gosh I dont know where my vote is" would you buy it?

That means I'd be voting on the assumpion UN is gambiting. I see the cake, but I can't tell if it's a lie.

Why do you think he'd have to be gambitting? Why don't you think it could have just been a mistake?

In post 315, Gammagooey wrote:(hindu's posts look pretty town right now especially)

I'd love to know how you are getting that from his posts/=.

In post 317, Tammy wrote:Zdenek In Post 57 You say you could join my wagon, but you're not. You're voting for Hinduragi because you say he's been sniping from the sidelines and his votes have sucked. What about his votes have sucked worse than mine, which consisted of sheeping and jumping around for no reason? Also, I realize that his Post 278 came after your vote, but do you think it's more or less likely that he's scum after that post? I'd say that the fact that he actually researched my meta and read more than one game of mine, which contain quite a lot of posts, makes him look quite probstown. You're probstown too though.

It should be obvious to you why I am not voting you. Unfortunately, since it involves an ongoing game, I can't make it completely clear to everyone else.

I can say this though. I think that if you are town, you are over emotional, and I can completely grasp why people think your reactions are faked and coming from scum.

Hinduragi's vote on me sucked because it looked like serious vote, but it was for me voting for someone who I anticipated would lurk, and then it stuck around for awhile, while he was commenting on other players for doing things that he seemed to think were legitimately scummy.

The problem with the Nikanor vote is that it was accompanied by no explanation. Additionally, I think that the rationale for Nikanor's UN vote is obvious and while I can fault Nikanor for not explaining his FoS on Alchemist, it's in no way clear to me what that deserved a vote.

I'm not going to be comparing him to you.

I don't think that Hinduragi's 278 says much about his alignment, yet. I sort of agree that putting in effort like that is a little townie, but it's easy to do as scum too.

In post 318, Magister Ludi wrote:I actually thought It was quite well put together and encapsulates his play here so far, and a few others do as well. I'd like to know what you disagree with.

Well, lots of people use bugging to mean a little scummy and a lot of players use gut too, but more importantly, he said what was bugging him - that Quilford might have been lying about not remembering that he'd made a list like that as scum, and I agree with Alchemist that Quilford's response was overly-elaborate.

I also don't think that saying that you think someone is being selective about what they are getting involved in is slimey.

I agree that you can't figure out what he thinks about Tammy or Tierce from his posts up to that point though.

I think that Toasty's response to being vague about the connections between Tammy, Tierce and UN is reasonable.

I like Wyrd's vote on Magister Ludi.

Regarding posts 402 - 404, LLD is probably scum.

I like Gammagooey's singersigner vote.

Oversoul wrote:
Despite your suspicion of Quilford, you have left your vote on Dramonic. Why was this?

I wasn't suspicious of Quilford. I was curious about what he was thinking.

Oversoul wrote:

Why would Quilford do that if he could just blend in with the shadows by making a random vote and no reads list? The initiative is town, Tierce.

For what it's worth, I've seen him do it as scum.

In post 472, Glork wrote:it's pretty widely known that Tierce is very uncomfortable playing scum.

Where does this come from?

Magister Ludi's third party hunting early rings alarm bells.

I think that the Tierce situation will work itself out in time.

As far as ToastyToast goes, I think that his initial post was pretty bad, but that his responses to being called out on it have been fine. However, he's said almost nothing that he hasn't been prompted for. It's definitely lazy, and he's a little scummy.

My top scum reads are Hinduragi, LLD, ML and Singersigner.

Unvote
Vote: Magister Ludi
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:32 am

Post by UberNinja »

No, excuse me, what is this.

More Toasty votes. More Toasty flips.
In the name of Khorne I beseech thee.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:27 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

In post 550, Zdenek wrote:Magister Ludi's third party hunting early rings alarm bells.

I'm really low access for the next couple of days, so I can't reply to much. I skimmed last couple pages. But this is a problem. I'm not sure at all what you're talking about here, and this seems to be the main reason you voted me. I was never third party hunting. The only passing mention I had of third party was that the second win condition could have belonged to a third party scum group, (in response to oversoul's circuitous attack) and that the regular scum win condition would hold for the scum. I seriously don't know why so many people are trying to attack me with this. I can't have been the only one confused about whether or not the second win condition was scum, and I sure as hell would not have been confused If I actually was scum and knew what the hell my win condition was.

And what are you talking about with 'early'? That whole discussion happened around page 20.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:51 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Has this been open three days?

Ye fucking gods.

-_-

Duplicity, Magna/Magua, Glork, what's the justice wagons?
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Alchemist
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:57 pm

Post by Alchemist »

There are sooo many things I want to talk about. Arhg.

First off, bit of a nonsequitor here - Mafia is a SOCIAL game. I play it SOCIALLY. Mafia is NOT a game of chess. I just wanted to say that. Okay moving on.

This is why I'm voting for glork at the moment, and I'd like you guys to tell me where I'm wrong in my thought process or whats flawed about it.

1. Glork votes me after post http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 2#p4092012 - he gives no reason initially, and its after Nexus voted without giving a reason. As its been pointed out be some other people, it feels disingenous, predatory, and just simply lazy.

2. So okay. I'm down with that. I understand. I think, hmm, "maybe he just thought that post was super scummy, okay - I can accept that." So I shrug it off and address Ludi/the guys who just voted for me here: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p4092199. Now, I want you to really analyze what Ludi says, and how I deconstruct what he says in my post. Is my desconstruction fair? Not fair? I think its pretty darn fair.

3. Glork takes aim and snipes with http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p4092289. Again, another pot-shot style post from Glork. Again, I am left to wonder "okay, if my post was so awful, couldn't he be arsed to at least say why?". Going back to what I was previously thinking, I thought my http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p4092199 was pretty fair. Sure it was a little smarmy, but nowhere was I being intellectually unfair towards ludi. I made my points. Again, the theme of predation from Glork continues. I am reminded about what Regfan said about my playstyle (which is pretty spot on), how scum attack me as if I'm an easy ML target. Does this not feel like a case of that right now? Are Glork actions here really town-motivated? Or is he just being lazy? Does he just not understand my playstyle yet? Is it that confusing? You'd think he hasn't been around the block at all, if you accepted that premise. Which I dont.

4. Responding to me with http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 6#p4092336 I desconstruct with http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p4092511. Is my deconstruction fair? I think so. His response was pretty vapid and empty, again it feels like scum-filler trying to FoS without consequences an easy target and pass it off as activity/scumhunting. Thats my interpretation.

5. So does Glork even respond to my post? No. Does he even respond to any of my points? Is the mighty townGlork too good to dirty himself with responding to anything I've said that actually makes sense? What does he do? This is what he does: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p4092574 He pushes a subtle ad-hom attack, suggesting that I'm merely being a politician, speaking without merit. Was my post really without merit? Were my points against his post really and utterly without merit so much so as to suggest I am not worthy of a response? I can only interpret this post as a redirection, a parry, away from the real issue - the points I made in my previous post about him misrepsenting what I have said and what I'm about.

6. Based on just this experience
ALONE
, I feel I have enough for a scumGlork case. I'm not even taking into account his unecessary claim, his comments towards Tierce, and his various other subtle ad-hom attacks.

I feel I am in the right. If you feel I am in the wrong, state why if you can be bothered to read this.
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:06 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

In post 450, SpyreX wrote:Why do you have enough opinion for "leaning scum" but not enough for an opinion aside from null even if you have reads?

Because I needed to get scumreads down, not town reads. Secondly, if you actually read the post that I did the Null: everyone else thing, you would know that it was in response to Duplicity who suspected me for not talking about other people. 8 pages in, those were my strongest scumreads, and so I wrote about them. Town reads don't matter nearly as much. If you know I don't suspect them, you know where I stand on them. I also explained that I will eventually make a list talking about everyone, but its too early for that. Hence, my point that its too early to actually take the time and go through everyone, especially with my time constraints.

Oversoul wrote:I dislike Toast for much the same reason I dislike LLD although he has a scumread on Tierce and Tammy which I like.

I'm guessing you are talking about the UN vote. I voted UN over Tammy because I wanted to see how she played the whole meta-game. I voted UN over Tierce because she could just really dislike UN.

singer wrote:I'd also point out that you seem to expect me to be paying attention to everything right now...which I'm clearly not. From my read and without analyzing my posts, that's what I got. Meh. I don't even know you scumreads right now but I can't be fucked to care.

Hm. I'd say singer's Tammy vote drama is just as bad as UN's. If she keeps up with the excuses and the Scotland thing, red lights. start caring or I'm going to assume there's another reason you don't care.

i don't really get where all the Ludi hate is coming from.

@DDD: Instead of saying things, then voting a person that doesn't relate to any of the said things, could you, like, explain your votes?

Duplicity wrote:As scum he can easily attribute whatever actions you've done to pure 'scumminess' rather than anything else and his vote on Toasty isn't 'predatory' by any means, it's merely voting someone for dropping a rather significant scum-tell (Only suspecting players who have wagons already). Anyway cutting down on posting is a good idea.

Again, I'm going to vote for people I find suspicious over people I don't have an opinion on, especially when its my first post of the game. In addition, all three of them were at like L-9, which is hardly a wagon. People who have votes on them are going to attract more attention than people without them for anyone who's trying to catch up 8 pages and get their first vote in.

Duplicity wrote:Tierce is ignoring a great deal of things that make her fairly obvtown including her reaction/genuiness to being voted alongside her unpromopted soft-claim.

How does an unprompted soft-claim make someone obvtown? How does her reaction make her obvtown?

BlahBlahBlah meta blah blah omg paranoia mafia blah

Agree with UN that most of the Alchemist votes are lazy

Tierce wrote:The three starting/main wagons? No visible intent to actually get reads elsewhere or push your scumreads?
Rope pl0x.
UNVOTE: Tammy
VOTE: ToastyToast

Shocker. Tierce fails to get the point of that statement. The point was to show why I'd rather not make a list of EVERYONE. 8 pages in, I'm not going to talk about everyone. I''m going to talk about people who are under suspicion and figure out if I also suspect them. In this case, I did also suspect them. Null:everyone else is not my actual list. I don't want to make something I think is going to be useless for the most part, especially given that some people haven't even talked yet.

Tierce wrote:I mean, seriously, wtf is this? So we've played/read each other before, and that's suspicious? (You're in for a loop with me, I've read a lot of games for my join date.) You're not even trying to figure out who is scummier of the set? You have no comments on anything else? 'This early in the game' being page 20? We may be close to the start chronology-wise, but you find nothing else to comment on?

I've been busy enough defending myself given that ever since my first post I've had like 20 questions to answer each time I come back. I've been forced onto the defensive, having to defend my scumreads from a first post. Yes, 20 pages is still fairly early, especially since I'd say there's only like 6 people who are posting a lot and a bunch of people who are just sort of sitting back.

Tierce wrote:Then... my aggression is scummy, how? When I've stated directly in this game that I intend to be more aggressive as town, the reasons for it, and then do it--calling me (over)aggressive = scummy seems to defeat the point.

saying "oh hey guys, Imma play differently this time :D :D" is scummy too. Why do you need to tell people you're playing differently? Why not just do it? Unless your "new town" matches your scum identity, there is no reason for it. And if it does match your scum identity, then its still scummy.

Tierce wrote:I'm not really reading UN's posts.

protown attitude right there.

MOREMETABLAHBLAHBLAHITSABUNCHOFDISTRACTINGNONSENSE

Tierce wrote:It's different. Ludi is asking me who are potential mislynches--either for him or so I'll share that knowledge with the rest of the game. With the amount of games I read, this is dangerous information to provide scum with off-hand, and it has no bearing in whom I actually think is scum, so there's no point in dwelling on it.

Not necessarily. By giving that information, scum would have to risk being called out on it. Say, if you and Ludi agree that Tammy is a potential mislynch, scum might actually ignore such a wagon.

In post 507, Tierce wrote:Oh, what the hell. That was obvious enough to anyone familiar with Fire Emblem and any scum worth their mettle will realize who the trio is.
I'm Rolf. If Oscar and Boyd (or other Greil Mercenaries) are out there and can neighborize/masonize/whatever, HAI I'M HERE.
If not, well--carry on.

WHY. WHY WHY WHY. Oh, that's a good idea! Lets tell scum that there's a dangerous and possibly-conf-town trio!

Unvote:Vote:Tierce

Lastly, BLAHBALHMOREMETAISTHISALLULIKETOTALKABOUTPEOPLECOMEON

Haze wrote:Sure, any other people who're suspicious?
Also why the need to insult your wagon?

working progress. Singer; going to look thoroughly at Duplicity as well--not really a scumread, but gettin them feels.
I will insult my wagon if I think its stupid. Not like I'm in OMGUS mode.

Tierce wrote:I expect that "Micaiah's plan" list isn't going to include just 'famous' names, but honestly I stepped too far on that softclaim and thought it best to be open about it and call for my potential 2/3rds. With luck, there is actually a power role if we get together, oooor there is actually no co-PR whatsoever and paranoid scum shoot me, which wouldn't be too shabby.

So, instead of just shutting the f up about your softclaim, you decide to name claim AND mention a possible connection of the three brothers? You do realize that this is more dangerous than just soft-claiming? Its not even an issue of a single death

In post 515, Quilford wrote:UNVOTE:
Yeah, my vote definitely doesn't belong on Tierce.
VOTE: Wyrd
Something seems out of place.
(Yeah this is a crapvote, it's late and I'm typing this in bed so gimme a break.)

Umm I know you unvote him and say "idk where my vote should be," but then why exactly did you put a vote on Wyrd?

Tierce wrote:Hint: Name starts with Toasty, ends with Toast, he of the very comfortable scumspicions on the original three wagons and no apparent work on trying to unravel scum-town/town-town/scum-scum connections between his scumspect trio or getting reads on anyone else.

this sort of "let's convince people!" shit is awful.

Tierce wrote:Hmm. Rereading Toast, I've realized I'm misrepping him somewhat--he did try to get something more out of his trio.

But you still keep the vote on me. Then why say this? Only reason I can see is to distance yourself from the wagon if I flip town.

Tierce wrote:Maybe realize that I don't have to 'try' because this behavior comes naturally because I'm town? I mean, seriously, if you want to call me "too townie" just after you called me obvscum, by all means. (Hint: look at most of my finished town games, I do obvtown like crazy. And yes, I call myself obvtown as town, because the level of clarity in my alignment tends to be pretty ridiculous.)

huh? unwarranted cocky "I'm awesome" attitude in a game where people don't think you are obvtown? confuzzling.

In post 532, Glork wrote:Also, with "players looking for players" as a mechanic, there's a very good chance that the scums have one (or more) watcher/tracker abilities. If they use said abilities on you, you're outing even MORE townroles to the scums.

You know I heart you, but seriously, get your shit together.

This

Hmm. Used to MoI giving way more reasons than gut (and yes, I know its a hydra). That being said, which head is talking here? MoI's spyreX questions are good but I think Spy responded in a town way

Tierce wrote:I was successful as scum in Paranoia. Yes, I was copying my town meta and subverting my scum meta in that game--there were several instances of "why would scum Tierce ever do this" that were there on purpose. That's what I've learned to do as scum because it wins me scum games, and heck, it was fun to do.

And what to stop you from using your meta to get through this game?

Tierce wrote:if I die early, town has players far more capable than me to keep things going--I'm not THAT arrogant. Tiercetown doesn't die that early in Larges

wow. Let's play "compliment the playerlist," eh?

Implosion wrote:Toasty: connection hunting is bad. In a 29-player game, the probability that you're going to successfully pick out two scum from a relational tell on day one is practically zero. I always cite Vi's guide when i'm making this point but yeah it should be obvious why and I don't feel like going into why right now.

Yeah, it can be bad, but I was using it at a starting point, not a sole read that I'd never change. Either way, I did see a connection, and given that I think scum are more likely to fool around with one another/petty banter it out in early game, I found it important to mention.

Imposion wrote:So you think uberninja calling tammy town was bs - do you think this is a scumtell regardless of tammy's alignment, or only if tammy is scum?

My UN vote is not completely dependent on Tammy because its scummy regardless of Tammy's allignment to vote them and then say you think they are town. Even if UN had unvoted Tammy when he changed his mind, it'd still be scummy. It would still be a sudden switch in perception without explanation.

Also, I think I already said this in response to OS, but I voted UN over Tammy because I wanted to further see how she played. In the end, I pretty much had 0 reasons not to vote for UN and a few reasons not to vote Tammy and Tierce.

Zdenek wrote:I'm pretty sure that I won't be the first to say this, but sometimes scum fuck up because they don't care where their vote is or because they forget the lie they are currently telling. Frankly, I have no idea why you would be leaning town here. To me it seems as though at best you could say that it's null.

Pretty sure Z here is town, and he's right about this.

@Zdeneck: why is hunting for third parties early scummy?

In post 551, UberNinja wrote:No, excuse me, what is this.
More Toasty votes. More Toasty flips.
In the name of Khorne I beseech thee.

I'm starting to see why Tierce doesn't like you. But you guys do have one thing in common: you both post crap like this!

I think Alchemist-Glork is a town on town fight.

Well. That was long, apologies.
I'll give this to you, Tierce. I don't see the "omg I'm always obvtown" thing but you sure do write a ton.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:08 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

@Zden- hindu's iso 13 and 15 both look town to me.

gonna read over toasty's iso in a bit so I can have a read on him.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:09 pm

Post by SpyreX »

In post 554, Alchemist wrote:First off, bit of a nonsequitor here - Mafia is a SOCIAL game. I play it SOCIALLY. Mafia is NOT a game of chess. I just wanted to say that. Okay moving on.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?t=9621

Your move :smarm:

Probably not posting for real tonight. Maybe
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:10 pm

Post by GreyICE »

What is this, WallMart?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:11 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

In post 558, GreyICE wrote:What is this, WallMart?

yes
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:15 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 559, ToastyToast wrote:

yes

Low quality goods in great quantity?

Can you reverse that for me plox
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:16 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 37, Alchemist wrote:We're out of RVS imo.

Alchemist, what the fuck is this shit?

What use is it to announce that we're out of RVS? Especially with no real conclusions drawn from this? What did you learn from the RVS phase?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:31 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 555, ToastyToast wrote:
Tierce wrote:Then... my aggression is scummy, how? When I've stated directly in this game that I intend to be more aggressive as town, the reasons for it, and then do it--calling me (over)aggressive = scummy seems to defeat the point.

saying "oh hey guys, Imma play differently this time :D :D" is scummy too. Why do you need to tell people you're playing differently? Why not just do it? Unless your "new town" matches your scum identity, there is no reason for it. And if it does match your scum identity, then its still scummy.

No, it's not scummy at all. I don't want to be strung up for something that is deliberate. I've taken a lot of flak as town for defending weak players, I've decided to try and do away with some of it due to recent events, and I wanted to get it out of the way and moving on. Your complaints about the constant reference to meta are at least partially due to the fact that people won't accept this and move on--I understand being suspicious, I was suspicious of a town player who did this in Weather Mafia II, but either vote me or shut up altogether.

Tierce wrote:I'm not really reading UN's posts.

protown attitude right there.

It is. They make my eyes bleed.

Tierce wrote:It's different. Ludi is asking me who are potential mislynches--either for him or so I'll share that knowledge with the rest of the game. With the amount of games I read, this is dangerous information to provide scum with off-hand, and it has no bearing in whom I actually think is scum, so there's no point in dwelling on it.

Not necessarily. By giving that information, scum would have to risk being called out on it. Say, if you and Ludi agree that Tammy is a potential mislynch, scum might actually ignore such a wagon.

And yet I'd rather shut up and call them out on it if I see such wagons being pushed. Catching scum red-handed is much better than giving them the info to use early on.

In post 507, Tierce wrote:Oh, what the hell. That was obvious enough to anyone familiar with Fire Emblem and any scum worth their mettle will realize who the trio is.
I'm Rolf. If Oscar and Boyd (or other Greil Mercenaries) are out there and can neighborize/masonize/whatever, HAI I'M HERE.
If not, well--carry on.

WHY. WHY WHY WHY. Oh, that's a good idea! Lets tell scum that there's a dangerous and possibly-conf-town trio!

Unvote:Vote:Tierce

I admit it might have been a bad idea, but why is it scummy? Why does it merit a vote? The way you treat the claim makes it look like you believe it comes from town--in which case, voting me is dumb if you are town.

Tierce wrote:I expect that "Micaiah's plan" list isn't going to include just 'famous' names, but honestly I stepped too far on that softclaim and thought it best to be open about it and call for my potential 2/3rds. With luck, there is actually a power role if we get together, oooor there is actually no co-PR whatsoever and paranoid scum shoot me, which wouldn't be too shabby.

So, instead of just shutting the f up about your softclaim, you decide to name claim AND mention a possible connection of the three brothers? You do realize that this is more dangerous than just soft-claiming? Its not even an issue of a single death

See above. You seem to think this is a town claim; why the vote on me? (Hint: town does stupid stuff sometimes. Sorry.) And I don't want the brothers to claim; admittedly, I didn't think about scum watchers, which was a bad oversight.

Tierce wrote:Hint: Name starts with Toasty, ends with Toast, he of the very comfortable scumspicions on the original three wagons and no apparent work on trying to unravel scum-town/town-town/scum-scum connections between his scumspect trio or getting reads on anyone else.

this sort of "let's convince people!" shit is awful.

Why? You didn't have a similar reaction to me trying to move SpyreX onto Tammy. What makes the two situations different? Is me trying to get my scumreads lynched scummy? Why?

Tierce wrote:Hmm. Rereading Toast, I've realized I'm misrepping him somewhat--he did try to get something more out of his trio.

But you still keep the vote on me. Then why say this? Only reason I can see is to distance yourself from the wagon if I flip town.

You've clipped my quote. I'll amend my cases if I think they are not exact/I'm misrepping someone--it's natural behavior.

For reference, my full quote:
In post 520, Tierce wrote:Hmm. Rereading Toast, I've realized I'm misrepping him somewhat--he did try to get something more out of his trio.

Vote stands, though. Do you know what I like about Nikanor, Hinduragi, Zdenek? I have no idea what they are going on about, but they sure are dealing in things not strictly related to the top wagons, and that shows a lack of scummy opportunism. This is not present on Toast's posts, because they are far too centered on this situation without really trying to get
other
reads.

Tierce wrote:Maybe realize that I don't have to 'try' because this behavior comes naturally because I'm town? I mean, seriously, if you want to call me "too townie" just after you called me obvscum, by all means. (Hint: look at most of my finished town games, I do obvtown like crazy. And yes, I call myself obvtown as town, because the level of clarity in my alignment tends to be pretty ridiculous.)

huh? unwarranted cocky "I'm awesome" attitude in a game where people don't think you are obvtown? confuzzling.

Actually quite a few people think I'm obvtown but whatevs~

In post 532, Glork wrote:Also, with "players looking for players" as a mechanic, there's a very good chance that the scums have one (or more) watcher/tracker abilities. If they use said abilities on you, you're outing even MORE townroles to the scums.

You know I heart you, but seriously, get your shit together.

This

Again. You seem to think I'm town. STOP VOTING ME IF YOU ARE TOWN.

Tierce wrote:I was successful as scum in Paranoia. Yes, I was copying my town meta and subverting my scum meta in that game--there were several instances of "why would scum Tierce ever do this" that were there on purpose. That's what I've learned to do as scum because it wins me scum games, and heck, it was fun to do.

And what to stop you from using your meta to get through this game?

Nothing! Except I'm not scum.

Tierce wrote:if I die early, town has players far more capable than me to keep things going--I'm not THAT arrogant. Tiercetown doesn't die that early in Larges

wow. Let's play "compliment the playerlist," eh?

Ooooh I could go on. Dude, it's no secret there are players in this game that I completely :HEART: and would have lovechildren with if I ever wanted kids. That doesn't mean I won't push for their lynches if I think they're scum.
Why did you comment on this?
Alchemist
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:37 pm

Post by Alchemist »

@grey

I like ending RVS and being out of it as soon as possible. You may not think its of any use for me to say it, but I think it discourages more random votes, which is bad for the health of the game. Also, I was prompted by Ludi "And by the way, do you think there has been voteable serious content in this thread yet, or not?" Not seeing why I have to draw conclusions from RVS in order for me to say its over. Of course everyone is going to have a different definition of when exactly its going to be over, the line isn't a thin red one but a big fat grey one starting at those first initial RVS posts and ending somewhere around p4.

Satisfied, homie-g?

@tierce

what do you think of http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 2#p4095152
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:39 pm

Post by dramonic »

Too many posts.
Hate you all.
The only thing that my brain processed in this wall hell is:
@Tierce: Rolf and his brothers dont possess a triangle attack, that's a pegasus knight ability (Marcia, Sigrun, Tanith, Elincia(?))
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:41 pm

Post by Tierce »

@Alchemist:
Don't really have the brain to read it now. I'm quite tired and trying to catch up elsewhere.

So far, I think Glork is town. My general problem is that Glork hasn't had a scum game since his return, and I can't really compare his current play to the one before his hiatus and draw comparisons.

@dram:
Actually
it's apparently shared by several groups of characters including my little trio.
Alchemist
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:43 pm

Post by Alchemist »

Can you not just blanket-town Glork because he's Glork? When you can get around to it, please critically read my post and give me your thoughts.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:45 pm

Post by UberNinja »

In post 560, GreyICE wrote:
In post 559, ToastyToast wrote:

yes

Low quality goods in great quantity?

Can you reverse that for me plox

ooooh burn. :wink: nice, nice

In post 557, SpyreX wrote:Your move :smarm:

algasdhfkljasdfahahahahahahaha

i am enjoying this game way too much

In post 566, Alchemist wrote:Can you not just blanket-town Glork because he's Glork? When you can get around to it, please critically read my post and give me your thoughts.

200% agree
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:45 pm

Post by UberNinja »

completely worthless post ^

Spoiler:
and proud of it... ?
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:50 pm

Post by dramonic »

In post 565, Tierce wrote:@dram:
Actually
it's apparently shared by several groups of characters including my little trio.

Well fuck <_<
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:56 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 566, Alchemist wrote:Can you not just blanket-town Glork because he's Glork? When you can get around to it, please critically read my post and give me your thoughts.

See above? I implied I'd do it. Let me sleep first.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:57 pm

Post by Glork »

Grey: Read 430, 436, 437, 448, and then vote Toasty.

Caveat: I haven't read his latest big post which actually looks like it may contain real content.

Will reply to Timeater when I get home from work, but yeah, there's a lot wrong with your "case."
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:00 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

UN wrote:ooooh burn. nice, nice

yes. it was a good one. doesn't make it true.

@Tierce: It can either be 1) a rly dumb town move or 2) scum claiming a role that-could-or-could-not-be masons. However, the suggestion of it means town is going to be more likely to see you as town/is an easy way to get suspicion off. I already had other suspicions of you, and I don't see the town logic behind claiming so early (you don't have to explain it to me I know what you say your reasons are). I find the fact that you weren't actually being pressured into claiming the main deciding factor for scum over poor town move.
Also a possibility that you
want
people to target you. Claiming such a thing as scum could draw out a doc protect, which then could give scum an ID on the doc, if they watch you.

Alchemist
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:01 pm

Post by Alchemist »

In post 557, SpyreX wrote:Your move :smarm:

checkmate

@glork

nice use of quotes, another subtle ad-hom attack
Alchemist
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:04 pm

Post by Alchemist »

Actually before Glork responds, can someone else? Please?

Toast, whats your take on: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 2#p4095152

What about you Dram?

Or basically whoever is browsing the thread right now.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”